Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Cele's Jade Regent

Game Master Celestine8


551 to 600 of 1,163 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

female DM

The big man shrugs,"I-well, that does make sense and seem reasonable. But how can I get others to think this is a good idea? I don't think people will accept this, even if I push it. Do you know who will be heading the tribe, after we deal with their leader?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

"I don't know who it will be. But I can tell you. It will be the one who can watch as I do this," as Irnk unsheathes his dagger & proceeds to carve 'Sorry Walthus' into the inner wall of the cabin "Without doing that." At which, he points to Gutwad's even more frenzied behavior. "Gutwad doesn't fear death, Sheriff, because he knows that 'the Mother' will take him in when he dies. But there is one thing that all Goblins fear. Writing. Words steal your soul out of your head, put it up where everyone can see it. 'She' won't take you then, can't." Shivering momentarily, Irnk continues.
"You ask how we, You & I, will keep the other Goblins & Goblin tribes from just repeating the cycle over & over again?"
"At your landward gates, your town keeps a mirror, with a sign next to it saying 'Welcome, please take a moment to see yourselves as we see you.' Yes, I've been that close. Next to the sign there is a blank wall. Tomorrow, The surviving Licktoad will witness as Gutwad writes 'I am sorry' on that wall one hundred times." Chuckling vilely, Irnk says. "Honestly, it almost doesn't matter what you do to him after that, because as far as the other Goblins are concerned, he will be worse than dead; and they will know what the punishment for attacking Sandpoint is."
Turning back to Gutwad, Irnk replies once more, quietly, calmly. As foul as Goblin sounds normally in it's hissing, frenetic chatter, you realize it sounds much, much worse in the implacable tones of a judgment.

Goblin

Spoiler:
"Lamashtu wouldn't take you anyway. I warned you before, you should have come out to face me when you had the chance, not hid in your hole like a frightened puppy while brave Goblins died for your cowardice & foolish greed. Tomorrow, you will write."


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

Hijiro watches and listens from the doorway, fascinated by what he assumes is some of the inner workings of Sandpoint justice, which he has never really personally observed before. He surely wishes he understood even half of what was being said between and by the goblins, and he watches the sheriff's reaction to same...

What does writing have to do with anything, and how is that much of a punishment? I truly don't think I understand human-goblin relations. But perhaps tomorrow it will all become clear.

Finally losing interest a little, he pushes off from the wall where he was leaning and wanders outside Walthus' house, finding a place to sit down and wait for the others.


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Sienna looks around the house and grows a little tired of the political debate that arise.

Ugh, why did this have to be pressing. I would have actually like to hear some of Balthazar's stories. Even if I did grow up at least part of my life amongst other people these court systems feel very foreign and almost needless. Or maybe that's Jubrayl rubbing off on me? Sandru better not hear me say that, he'd be most upset.

She sees Hijiro walk outside.

Oh? Where's Fox boy going?

Sienna follows him outside at a small distance and watches him sit down.

Hmm, I have been curious about how he views this part of the world. Or what his race thinks about everything here. This caravan will definitely be interesting. Traveling with one of foreign lands, a goblin and an old monk who I partially know. Heh, I guess this is the time I've been waiting for, for a long time coming. Now I wonder how much this fox knows about the natural world, I doubt much but let's see if this works.

Sienna, still a short distance away from Hijiro, starts to sing a short song in Sylvan. She doesn't seem to have the most beautiful voice in the world though it is still a lot softer toned than she usually is and it feels like she has rehearsed the song many times to get it right. Not really a natural talent to singing but it is quite possible that she likes to sing regardless.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female DM

Goblin:
"NO! I WILL NOT WRITE! I will tell you where we get the deadbones' treasure. There be more! More treasure for you. I escape at night, when humans and Death Who Hates sleeps. Licktoads move far away. Maybe to Mushfens, even. Yes, it be better for Licktoads and humans. Attacking the 'mans was stupid, we know this.

Belor looks at the little goblin incredulously,"Writing on the wall, hmm? Are all goblins faithful to that foul goddess? I've heard something about them worshippping barghests, too. If there's a difference in belief, it might not matter so much. Things weren't even so civilly done with the Shoanti. You killed or challenged a group more powerful that you, you ended up dead. But it sure wasn't perfect out there. So, after he's written all over the wall, assuming he can write, then what?


female DM

Koya turns to Balthazar,"Do you have any suggestions on how to do this, Balthazar? I know that the monastery you lived in had different beliefs on mercy and justice."


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

"I have doubts about these methods. Forcing Gutwad to write is still a display of force and an offense to their belief. It might escalate the hate even further; religion is a delicate matter. First, I suggest Gutwad be tried within Sandpoint laws, and that must be made known to the goblins. He shall be treated as any citizen of Sandpoint who has commited a capital crime. And then, the goblins must be offered a place in here - if not in the heart of human society, at least by its side. Teach them to grow food, weave clothes, craft utensils, so they won't have to raid. Stablish trade. Offer them protection from threats greater than themselves; let them perceive that being part of society and abiding by its rules has its benefits, and that they are taken away when evil and unlawful deeds are done. If the adoration of Lamashtu comes in the way of integration, offer them alternative; present them to other more merciful and just gods. But above all, let them choose. Peace can't be forced upon these lands, it must be agreed upon. These are my thoughts, at least for now."


female DM

Koya takes a step towards the sheriff,"I'm with Balthazar on this one. I think that if he'd rather die than write and so would other goblins, it seems a lot like torturing them and denying them their faith. He seems like he's already accepted death, and maybe his tribesman have accepted this, too. We show them that our laws don't favour one person or another and treat them like neighbours."


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Irnk rather pointedly ignores Gutwad's response, looking from Sheriff Hemlock to Koya to Balthazar as each speaks their thoughts in turn. In answer to Belor's comment regarding Barghests, "Bar-what? There are other Goblin gods, but they are all lesser than 'Her'."
At Balthazar's words, Irnk's shoulders slump as he mutters to himself, "knew I wouldn't get it right... wish Lief were here"


female DM

The sheriff sighs,"A trial, huh? We don't have a very formal trial system and I have a feeling his trial would be really quick, but the least we could do is fair. About the goblins living next to us... I really don't think that'd work. We have enough problems in town with certain criminal elements I can't imagine how the Sczarni recruiting goblins would improve things. But, maybe, if we kept an extra eye on them or just had them close enough to Sandpoint, this might sort of work. It's crazy, though and it'd be easier if there were only a few goblins, but we probably wouldn't just have a few for very long. Most of their practices are illegal and it'd be an adjustment. We'd need support from people in town."


female DM

Belor rises,"Well, I can haul him off to jail now and we'll get things moving for tomorrow, if that's what we're going to do. Are we all agreeing or should we do things the way that Irnk, here, had suggested?"


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

I should have done this before. Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16, to determine if Gutwad is lying about taking the Licktoad tribe away peacefully.
"If you have any guards or citizens of Orcish descent it would be a good idea to have them get some sleep today so they can watch him tonight. He all but bragged he would escape while you were sleeping. I... 'brother' Balthazar made good points. I wasn't forced to be this way, probably wouldn't if I had been."
"Kravo, if Sheriff Hemlock has none who can watch in the dark as well as we can, would you go with to help guard?" Or is he in Sandpoint now? If he is we could just consider that statement to be Irnk recommending Kravo as part of the detail.
Before Sheriff Hemlock & his guards take Gutwad away, Irnk surreptitiously signals the humans to join him outside the cabin. When/if they gather outside, "Gutwad volunteered to take the Licktoad away if I didn't make him write, he said he might lead them as far as the Mushfens. I don't know if you & yours will find that acceptable, but I figured you should know."


female DM

Gutwad doesn't want to die or write. He'll do anything to keep living at this point. He's sincere. Kravo goes back with the sheriff and agrees to be on night duty


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Sienna finishes her song. Not sure if Hijiro is ignoring her or just doesn't quite understand why she's singing. She doesn't think much of it though goes sits down next to him.

"Don't like internal politics much either?"

She then lies back in the grass and looks up to the sky.

"Similar laws to where you're from?"


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

"Not really. In Minkai, the lords are the law. Gutwad would be dead already." Hijiro shrugs. "To be honest I don't understand most of what's going on... this 'make him write', 'don't make him write' talk and the idea of a trial. I know the laws here are different from home, but I just don't get it when it involves a goblin I guess. I think maybe they don't quite get it either, hence the discussions. Breaking new ground maybe?"

Hijiro looks over at Sienna and gives a little apologetic half smile. "Your singing was very nice."


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

After Kravo and sheriff Belor leave with Gutwad, Balthazar approaches Irnk. "Shall we look for the surviving goblins and break the news? I believe you have the best shot at negotiating a... diplomatic agreement."


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

"I presume the writing is scarier than death to a goblin. After all goblins don't fear death much if Pintsize is to be believed." Sienna chuckles. Then gives Hijiro a light punch on the arm.

"Thanks for the compliment, though I'm not that good at singing. Any well known songs from Minkai that you like, that you could possibly tell me or sing?"


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

"I'm not much good at singing really, but I know a few songs that I remember from when I was younger.

He begins a soft song in Minkaian, doing a passable, but far from inspiring rendition. He explains afterward it is a tale about a boy named Momotaro who came to earth in a giant peach and was adopted by an elderly couple. He grew up and then, with the help of some animal friends, defeated some ogres.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

"It is a fun song for children where I come from. I can teach it to you if you'd like."


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

What time of day is it now?
"If you knew doing something would change you into something horrible that you could never change back from & even dying wouldn't fix, you would be afraid of that thing too. Gutwad said he knew where the walking dead came from. I think it is that place on the map fan."
At Hijiro's song's conclusion, "Did he kill the Ogres?"


female DM

Early afternoon


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

"Yes, he killed the ogres, and took their vast treasure home to the couple that adopted him and they lived well for the rest of their lives."

Hijiro shrugs and gives Irnk a slightly chagrined smile... "but it's just a story."


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

From the grass Sienna just waves over to where she thinks the door to the house is.

"Heya Pintsize, didn't know you liked songs too. Everything sorted in there?" She states brashly.

Sienna then sits up and replies to Hijrio.

"I would love you to, can't promise I'll be very good at it. You might want to cover your ears for the majority of the time, I probably will be singing terribly for a while"


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Irnk gazes slightly incredulously at Sienna for a moment. "You didn't know that a Goblin might like songs? Goblins are the most musically inclined of all the humanoid races, just ask us, we'll sing it to you..."
Sighing, Irnk turns back to Hijiro. "I knew it was just a story. Still it is good that he killed the Ogres. We... You & I have some decisions to make." Indicating, with the spread of his arm, Balthazar, Hijiro & Sienna.
Am I correct in guessing that all the NPC's have returned to Sandpoint? If any are still here, that will affect what Irnk says or at least who he addresses.


female DM

Yep, they're gone, unless you feel that one of you would have asked for some to specifically stay


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Balthazar gets a little annoyed about Irnk dismissing his suggestion to go find the surviving goblins, and insists "Irnk, did you hear what I said? I think we should start speaking to the other goblins if we wish to make peace with them. Weren't you speaking with their new leader earlier?" He turns to Hijiro and Sienna and apologizes for interrupting. "I don't mean to be rude, and I know there's a time for singing and stories and fun, but these are pressing matters."


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

"For someone who is supposed to be wise and patient, you can be very stupid & short-sighted" Irnk responds to Balthazar's complaint. "I have already said everything I had to say. So what other reason would I have to say that we need to make a decision?"
"I have no problem with being rude, but I agree these are pressing matters."


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

"If that's the way you goblins generally treat each other, we have a lot of work ahead of us." Balthazar breathes heavily and calms down. "I'm open to your suggestions regarding our next move."


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

"Well I don't know about you all, but I'm going off with my family. The road is clear now so they are going to head off. So I will be joining them as soon as they are ready to go. As for the rest of you, do what you like. We only really travelled together to get rid of the goblins after all."

Sienna then shrugs.

"Yes the goblins might be pressing, but I'm not politically minded nor would my decisions bring any balance to that situation. So I stay out of it, I would rather stay within my area of expertise and not pretend like I know much about anything. Like Pintsize over there." She falls back down into the grass.

"So how bout you all, where you off to?"


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Balthazar's eyebrows raise in surprise when Sienna mentions leaving with her family. "I... well, I didn't know you were leaving already. Like your mother, it is my desire to see the world, and I had hoped to travel with you... but I would like to see this goblin matter resolved before departing... or at least have goblins and humans speaking of truce." He lowers his head, a disappointed looking forming over his face. "Well, maybe if you give me your itinerary, I might be able to catch up with the caravan later..."


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

"I just suppose I'll go back to Sandpoint. It's the only home I have now. Though if the goblin problem requires more of my help, I can perhaps do something to assist with it. Not that I was much help here."


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

"Cheer up there, we won't be leaving for a few days. Besides mother has something important she has to ask you before she leaves. I'm sure you'll like it." Sienna tries to fight back a smile.


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

It terrifies me that Irnk may wind up the 'face' for the group. Mechanically, it makes sense, but it still seems wrong on a fundamental level.

"Oh no, Goblins don't treat each other like this. None of us has been horribly maimed to the others immense amusement yet... What, he asked?!" Turning his attention back to Hijiro & Sienna specifically. "I think that what 'brother' Balthazar is trying to say is that since there is still quite a bit of daylight left for you lot, it might be a good idea to go back to the Licktoad & let them know about what has happened here. I personally feel that it would be a good idea to look into the whole 'walking dead' business, although I also think that might be something better saved until we," indicating the four of you, himself included "have had a chance to rest & prepare. Like you said," pointing to Sienna, "you won't be leaving for a few days yet."


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

"What do you think talking to the Licktoad will actually accomplish? If they are as intractable and firm in their beliefs as you seem to think, what good will a 'chat' do? Not that I'm against the idea... just curious as to what end. I WOULD like to find out where and how they got their hands on items of Minkaian make."

"I agree that looking further into the 'walking dead' issue should come after healing and rest." Hijiro shrugs slightly.


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

"I'm with Jiro on the Licktoad issue. I can't say a chat will do much. I guess we could send them a message about the incident but isn't the Sheriff and his men able to do that? As for the walking dead, I've got a lead or two but I'd rather do a bit of looking of my own before delving into in further. Anyway, to the Dragon? All this seriousness has gotten me parched." Sienna replies trying to move away from the subjects at hand.


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

"Well, I'm obviously no expert in goblin politics, so if you insist us talking to the Licktoads won't accomplish much, I suppose we can leave this matter in the hands of the competent authorities. I'm a bit roughed up right now to go looking for more trouble, specially undeads... a nice beverage and a good meal would do wonders for me right now" he says, complying with Sienna's suggestion.


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

"Well, if you lot feel no need to go back there now, I can certainly tell them of the possible decisions made in the morning, when they come here. In which case, it seems to me we might be best served with a bit of rest for those of us still a mite knocked about."


female DM

So back to the Dragon, then?


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Unless anyone objects.


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Well, you guys can go. Irnk will be staying at Walthus' place.


female DM

Alright. So, those who go back to the tavern find it mostly empty at this time of day. It's around four o'clock and Ameiko is lovingly polishing the bottles lined up on the shelves of the bar. She turns to see Sienna, Balthazar and Hijiro and offers them a dazzling smile, "You're all back and in one piece. Can I get you something to eat or drink?

Irnk, what do you do while at Walthus'?


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

"Food and drink would be most welcome, thank you." Hijiro looks relieved to be back in Sandpoint, or perhaps just back with Ameiko. He smiles at her shyly and looks down at his feet... "Some sake and whatever's on the menu please."


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Try & get sleep until nightfall. After nightfall he will keep an eye out for any goblins or others who might be trying to take advantage of the situation. If something does come up, Irnk will likely play scout & hide to try & see what they are up to, he has just enough sense to know he probably can't take a serious threat on solo. Other than that, he mainly isn't comfortable with the idea of just walking into Sandpoint. He will probably go back to sleep for a nap about halfway between moon's apex & pre-dawn. That should get him awake & ready for when the Licktoad Goblins show up.


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Okay, what in the world has got her so happy? I swear her mood swings so much at times. Oh whatever.

"Just the usual please Ameiko." Sienna looks over to Balthazar. "Sooo... now that things have calmed down a little how bout a story from you? How was the trip down here as you came from quite far afield didn't you?" Sienna asks as she plays with tangles in her hair from the long day they've had.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female DM

Ameiko grabs Sienna and Hijiro their food and drink. As she moves around them,it becomes more apparent that she is more worried about the situation with the goblins and perhaps the rumours of the undead have reached her ears. She returns to work, needing something to keep busy with.

No goblins in the night. Irnk gets his rest before the Licktoads show up

At dawn, a group of eight goblins shows up around Walthus' house, armed to the teeth and decorated with an assortment of strange, repurposed ornaments and clothing. One goblin seems to be leading the bunch. He approaches the door and seems to not know what to do with it for a second before slamming his foot into it, not kicking it down, but with enough force to make a very loud sound.


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Conversation at the Rusty Dragon:
Balthazar smiles remembering his journey from the past days. "Actually, it's been really... fun, I suppose. There's not much recreation in the monastery... we train a lot, study a lot, but we never get to see the world for what it is. It's different, reading about something and seeing it for yourself. I've passed through some really small villages and met some really interesting people... He laughs as he thinks about it. "Well, to be honest, I don't know how many people would find farmer's, fishermen's and merchant's tales that interesting, but they are to me, anyway. The more I think about it, I've made the right decision. I take the monastery's teachings and tenets deep in my soul, but I love to be outside. There are things here I could never learn while living in the Sacred Mountain... maybe I'll finally be able to grow as a monk." He looks down showing some embarassment and says "My two younger brothers are so ahead of me I'm afraid it'll take me some time to reach their level..."


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Rusty Dragon:

Sienna is about to give Balthazar a friendly punch and stops herself remembering the vow. "Well, I'll say travelling has definitely opened my horizons before. It will probably do the same for you. You will learn quick trust me on that one. I won't pretend I know how your monastery works but I doubt keeping yourselves cooped up in a single place is good to learn much. When you return to the monastery one day you will bring back more than your brothers ever would learn staying there." Sienna chuckles to herself. "Listen to me giving out consolation, I must sound full of myself. Anyway, tell me something, was it you that starting sending my mother letters or was it the other way round?" Sienna asks not masking her enthusiasm about that particular question.


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

If Irnk awakes before the Goblin's arrive, he will be waiting outside. Is the leader the same Goblin who spoke in the Licktoad village?

"You've choices to make. A great number of choices you do. To save his miserable hide, Gutwad promised to lead the Licktoad far & wide. Away from Longshanks he said you would roam. The Mushfen's might become your new home. To this choice you may have no objection, but I would offer you another selection."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female DM

Alright, you're awake to meet them and yes, same one

The lead goblin narrows his eyes,"The Mushfens are far away and we are few. What else is there for the Licktoads?"


female DM

Ameiko sets down the last bottle and takes a moment to admire her work before moving to the table where Hijiro, Sienna and Balthazar sit, turning to Hijiro, "I've heard some strange things about what you've found out there. Word travels quickly around here. Is it true that there were undead out there?"


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Word must spread really fast, the only one who I told was mum. Wouldn't surprise me if she told Ameiko, or did one of Jubaryl's cronies hear us talking... Now Sandru has gotten me paranoid about my own brother.

Sienna shows a little bit of worry then leans in whispering so that only Balthazar, Hijiro and Ameiko can here.

"Erm... Mei, would it be alright if we talk about this in a back room? I mean people come here to unwind, I don't think it's fair to them listening in our conversation about the dead walking nearby town."

551 to 600 of 1,163 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Brinewall Legacy All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.