Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Cele's Jade Regent

Game Master Celestine8


501 to 550 of 1,163 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Celest:

"Odd yes, they also stole something from the goblin. Maybe this person was after something the goblins stole off the caravan. As much of the other stuff was left behind." She sighs, then shakes her head in frustration. "Agh that's a mystery for a bit later, are you looking forward to finally doing the journey you've always wanted?" She says smiling, trying to get away from the topic.


female DM

Sienna:
"Undead as errand-runners, then. Disturbing." She brightens,"Yes, I am. I hear we're off for it, as soon as the goblin problem is all over with. I was almost afraid it'd never happen." Koya pauses for a moment, seeming a bit nervous about something[b]"But, Balthazar, the man you're getting rid of the issues with, is a friend from when I was a young woman. I've told you about him and read some of his letters to you when you were younger. He's come down from his monastery and wants to come with me, I think. You and your brother.. you wouldn't mind, would you? If he wanted to go, that is."


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

"... Thank you." Glaring slightly at Shalelu, Irnk then checks to make certain the snakes have been cared for to the best of his ability, makes certain Gutwad is still bound & in no worse physical condition than he was before, checks about Walthus' house for any minor repairs or care he can do as recompense for using it & finally cooks the meals for the three of them, assuming Gutwad can eat or drink anything. The meals are not likely to be terribly tasty, but they are also not likely to be bad. Barring other events or either Gutwad or Shalelu starting a conversation that will pretty much be the rest of the day for Irnk, he will probably take a nap so as to be able to be awake for at least part of the night as he doesn't entierly trust that something won't happen then.


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Celest:

Sienna looks at Koya, then looks away, then looks back at her in slight disbelief. "He's the same Balthazar? Really?! Taken aback slightly, she continues. "Well I have no qualms with it I doubt Sandru would have either. Though erm.. why would you need my permission about it? Sandru I can understand as he's running the caravan. Something I should know about Balthazar or you think something might happen? She looks at her adoptive mother with a playfully inquisitive look.


female DM

Walthus' snakes are a more aggressive sort of python, but you can check on them with little trouble, so long as you don't startle them. Gutwad is at -2 and won't recover for two days unless someone heals him with the skill or with magic. There's lots to do around the place, Shalelu helps clean and doesn't take her eye off of the Chief.

Sienna:
[b]"No reason, I guess. I just wanted to make sure that you wouldn't object or anything. And no, no. Balthazar's a good man. Nothing out of the ordinary would happen with him along",[b] she says, far more awkwardly than she's said anything in quite some time.


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Celest:

"Oh..." Sienna folds her arms in front of her. Well, then, you wouldn't mind telling me what spurred the letter sending then? As I don't think you ever told me. She continues with a smirk on her face.

She's hiding something, let's see if I can prod her enough! Hehe, this will be fun!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

"All set then, sheriff. If you assure me Gutwad shall be properly and lawfully prosecuted, I suppose you can gather a few of your men and we can go get him. Before I tell you where, though, I feel obliged to say a few words about Irnk. You see, he, too, is a goblin."

Before Belor has the chance of interrupting him to express any outrage, Balthazar immediately complements his speech trying to reassure the sheriff.

"But he is not a savage like the Licktoads. He is a goodhearted person and has helped us a lot. Before you pass any judgement on him, I want you to know that Shalelu herself has taken Irnk under her wing. I believe she can vouch for him, in case my testimony isn't enough. Of course, as a goblin, he has some concerns about Sandpoint retaliating the other tribes because of what the Licktoads did, and he wishes to plead his case to spare the rest of them. If you are willing to talk to him under these circumstances, then we can move on."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female DM

Sheriff Hemlock takes a moment, absorbing the information before speaking,"There's no reason for this to get out of hand. So, he's a goblin and can more or less relate to them, I guess. I've never heard of anything besides a wicked, black-hearted bastard of a goblin, but if Shalelu's willing to trust 'em. And she hates goblins, like nothing or no one I've ever seen... I should hear this out. We can get a trial for this 'Gutwad. Won't be anything fancy and keeping order will be damned hard. But, it's what everyone deserves, right? A chance. What about the rest of his tribe, if any still live? Do they share his fate? Get seperate trials? What? I can't spend the remainder of the season trying all of these, uhm, people."

Sienna:
Koya sighs, reminiscing"I met Balthazar decades ago. I was twenty-four and an ordained priestess and he was not even halfway through his teens and he had grown terribly ill during one particularly brutal winter. Sickness claimed many, but I was able to save him, over time. We became friends. He went back up to his monastery, in the Fogscar Mountains and took a monk's vows. He was unable to leave and I travelled Varisa, but we stayed in contact through letters."


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Celest:

Hmmm, I was thinking childhood friends but this is close... I guess?

"So he's not from Sandpoint? I feel quite young by the fact that you've known him longer then I've been alive!" Playfully jabbing at her mother. "Though with those letters he did seem to try his best up in his monastery. Did you never think to go visit him again? I know you had us to take care .. and we weren't the most, behaved of kids but, I'm sure you could have gone?"


female DM

Sienna:
"Gods, the four of you nearly killed me, at times. But, you're right, I could have and I did want to. But, he was training hard in the disciplines of the Monks of the Sacred Mountain and they are sworn to be truthful, chaste and finally, silent. My visiting him wouldn't help him prepare to take this final vow. That, and I was on the road often with you, all across the country. But, looking back, maybe I should have seen him, anyway."

Shalelu becomes restless after a few hours of cleaning, walking the perimeter of the house and catching a few fish on the dock behind Walthus' house. The elven woman hums softly to herself for a few moments before speaking,"Should we bring this one around? It could be a while before he wakes. He's in bad shape."


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Celest:

"Does the vow stop him passing notes? He still talks after all, didn't think he took a vow of silence. Though... touching him... while asleep is fine right...? She continues guiltily I kind of.. had to.. to stop him bleeding.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Irnk looks very hard & slightly incredulously at Shalelu for several moments. "Honestly? I really have no idea. Healing is not really a strength of mine. Not to mention, well, you & I both know he is gonna die tomorrow..."

We also both know if we bring him to now, he will try something, either now or tomorrow when there are other Goblins here who might aid him. But, if we don't bring him to, that might cause problems with the other goblins too... Damnit Lief! Why did you have to go & die? You know I'm not as... Wise... as you.

"Can you bring him around? 'Cause I certainly can't."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female DM

Sienna:
"Oh... I don't know, but I think that he and his order would be alright with you saving his life and if he was unconscious or unable to help himself, well, how else could he get help? I think it's fine, but I'd ask him, of course," Koya smirks,"I think the vow of silence does extend to notes. The idea is not to communicate with others, to not be distracted from the greater mysteries of life or the perfection of the universe or some such."

Shalelu rolls her eyes,"You're improvising this whole thing, aren't you, Irnk? I have a wand with me, that with a few jabs, should restore him as good as new. We can't have the people of Sandpoint hurt by the goblins when we bring them in or it's going to get very messy. But he can't have his trial when he's unconscious or dying. That and it's... cruel to leave him like that. There is no justice without mercy. Do you have any idea what the leadership of the Licktoads will be like now that Gutwad is gonna die in a few days? Do you think they're going to be pushy about keeping their old stomping grounds and vision-granting toads or do you think they'll be good with moving farther away?'


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

"I'm not sure I can answer all your questions, sheriff. Maybe Gutwad gets his trials, and the tribe as a whole gets a separate one, considering they followed Gutwad's designs? I don't know. Irnk might have a suggestion. Let's go meet him, Shalelu and the goblin chief, they are staying at Walthus' house."

Balthazar prepares to leave and waits for the sheriff and Hijiro at the door.


female DM

Belor nods,"Alright, we'll get going then. I'll grab a few men and get up there with you. We'll go in an hour or two. I just need to finish a few things up here."


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Celest:

"That's a rather lonely existence don't you think? I mean you wouldn't be able to talk to him ever again. That would be a bit sad. I know how much you liked keeping in contact with him."


female DM

Sienna:
"I know I couldn't take that vow. I know he didn't take it, though. He mentioned it and we spoke together before he went off with the group of you. I always have enjoyed our conversations and now, well, we can actually speak together and not wait for weeks or months between speaking to one another.But listen to me, going on and on here. Does anyone in your group still need a few injuries looked at?"


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Celest:

Changing the subject are we? Hmmm, wonder why that is? Sienna chuckles but she thinks it might be best to continue her inquiries to that later. Or perhaps ask Balthazar himself

Sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

"Ah yes.. some of us are still a bit injured. I myself have not at full strength but let's tend to the others first. I think Jiro for the most part is better but a little healing wouldn't be amiss. Balthazar I think is not fully recovered but I think I'll make him some berries tomorrow so we don't need to touch him to recover. Unless you have some way of doing that without touch? I know your healing arts are far better than mine. She muses a bit. There is a goblin too who needs some attention, before you ask, yes a goblin helped us out there. Pint... I mean Irnk, is apparently someone Shalelu knows. You might know him too?


female DM

Sienna:
Koya turns towards Sienna, an inquisitive expression on her face,"I've never seen Shalelu in the vicinity of a goblin she wasn't trying, and succeeding, in killing. I don't know this Irnk, but you say he helped you and that he needs healing. That's more than good enough for me. As for Balthazar, I can't heal him without touching him, but I can instruct him on how to care for his wounds and get them well on the way to recovery without violating his vows."


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Celest:

"Well that's something then" Sienna smiles. "I don't know what it is with this goblin but she's taken him to Walthus' hut... on her own. Okay now I think about it I hope both of them are alright and not at each others throats. We shall have to wait and see. Shall we go join Shalelu then? I said I'd meet Jiro and Balthazar at the Dragon later so we can go to Walthus' place first. It less than an hour out after all. Shall we go now then?


female DM

Sienna:
[b]"This sounds like a problem just waiting to unfold. Let's get him all patched up." Koya follows Sienna's lead out of town and off to Walthus'.


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Irnk half sits, half collapses into the chair he was tapping back together, causing it to creak disturbingly. Sighing, he reaches into his backpack, pulling out a roll of leather from which he further pulls an oil skin wrapped book, seemingly someone's journal. As he opens it, almost reverently, Shalelu sees harsh writing in a foreign script. (Unless she speaks Skald) Near the end of the written pages, each line alternates with a line of Taldane in a workmanlike if unrefined hand.

"Not... exactly, no. Lief said The only way Sandpoint & us Goblins would ever live together is if something like this happened & I was here & ready for it. When I asked him what he meant be ready for it... That was when he wrote this." By which point in time Irnk has turned the pages of the book to an obviously many-times-read page, near the end.

Tangent, I know for a fact that Ulfen have a different name for Erastil, but I am coming up blank on finding or remembering it, which is aggravating the heck out of me... I want to say Ullerstahl, so that is what I am using, if I'm wrong, well, you guys know who I am referring to now.

Quote:

Irnk, it has been my experience that when Ullerstahl calls us to action, it is always with reason. Unfortunately, it has also been my experience that we are expected to understand what that reason is on our own, or at least come to that understanding by our own wits as we have them. When he called me down to you, it goes without saying, I was mightily surprised. In our time together however, I have seen all those qualities in you I would want in a son, a son with whom I have been honored to share Ullerstahl's guidance.

Ours is a god of the hearth, the smaller places, the wilder places. These places have dangers. There are those who do not value these places, save as prey, as fodder for their beasts, and they are beasts. Long it has been the task of people such as myself, and now you, to protect these places from those who would run rough as beasts over such places. I feel that in you, he has perhaps chosen something new. Perhaps, as more men turn from him to the Golden one, he has decided to see if your kind can & will take up the defense of the smaller, wilder, places.

If so, this is not a path you may follow only with blade or bow. This is a path you must also follow with words. Fear not, there will be deeds a plenty as well, but they will be deeds of patience, of thoughtfulness. Yes, I know you feel these are not qualities given to you to any great degree, but you must strive for them still.

The Rose would have it that such change may come without stife, without bloodshead. Unfortunately, we know that changes of so great a degree rarely, if ever happen without a measure of blood, sweat, and toil. Things will likely get worse, before they get better. Even in your short life, you have seen enough to know the cycle. The Goblins numbers grow great, they become unafraid of the larger folk and they make of themselves enough bother that they are hunted down like the rats they ride. Thier numbers reduced to almost nothing, they skulk back into the hidden places & lick their wounds & breed in secret once more, and the cycle continues anew. You must break that cycle & I fear it can only be broken at it's apex, it's height. When the Goblins rise up & become a menace, you must lead the charge. At this point there are words written & then scratched out. They appear to have been 'I understand...' It is a terrible thing, to be set against your own. Yes I know, 'your own' were the Gullchuckers, and the Gullchuckers are no more. But your own are also the Goblins, as a race, and when the time comes, when you face against Goblins, beside Humans, it will shake you. When you feel this, know that this is natural, but do not be detered.

In Ulfen lands it would be slightly simpler. If you could capture or kill, but capture would be better the tribes chieften, you could bring him before the jarl or better yet, the king, and offer him as wereguild, blood price. In your southren lands... Probably not. But still, it may be the first step.

"We would talk at night, when the others slept & we were guarding. Each time we talked, he would think and then he would write more down. He said he almost had it, the plan I could follow, but then the Ogre's came and he died."


female DM

Does Irnk read this aloud or no?


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

I think he tries to, but winds up giving it to Shalelu. I think a part of him was hoping that following 'the plan' would make things somehow magically work out & the fact they aren't, or at least aren't done, combined with the reminder of his mentor's death has him kind of shook up. That section is written in both Skald & common if you were wondering


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female DM

Shalelu shifts a bit uncomfortably, and speaks with obvious unease"Ogres are...nasty creatures. I'm sorry for your loss. But... do you actually believe that goblins can be something...else? They seem happy to do things the way they do them and it's been that way forever. And do you want me to heal him or not? If he's just going to die tomorrow and going to be suspended in the half-consciousness between life and death, I'd rather just have him die right now, if it's all the same. Do you intend to just sit there, bleeding all over Walthus' furniture, as well?"

At this point, Koya and Sienna are walking up the road and can be easily spotted from the windows of Walthus' home. Belor, Hijiro and Balthazar are just a few moments behind.


HP 27/27; AC 17 (T 15, FF 12); saves F +2, R +10, W +2; bab: 3; melee 4(+8), ranged +8; CMB 4, CMD 19; speed 30; init +5, Kitsune Rogue/4
skills:
acrobatics 15, bluff 8, climb 6, diplomacy 7, disable 12, escape artist 6, perception 11, perform: comedy 6, craft: carpentry 5, sleight of hand 12, stealth 12, knowledge: local 8

Hijiro gets ready to leave with Balthazar and the sheriff and his men.

Sorry for not posting or anything - was away all day and had no access to a computer.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Irnk seems about to answer, when he notices movement outside the cabin. Immediately rolling from the chair to the floor he scurries over to the wall next to the window & peeks outside. Calming somewhat at the realization that it is the others he then tenses again slightly upon seeing Sheriff Hemlock. Breathing deeply to calm himself, he turns back to confirm the strength of the bindings on Gutwad. "Go ahead & heal him. Don't use too much before we see if a little does the trick. Not a lot of point in 'wasting' more than you have to."

Whether or not Shalelu goes ahead & uses a charge, Irnk continues.

"Do I believe Goblins can change?" At this, Irnk's characteristic 'What are you? Stupid?' smirk returns. "I was happy to do things the way we did them..." The smirk slides away as he recalls. "Alright, no, I wasn't... You know why I was the sacrifice that day? Why everyone was so... eager to see me 'given' to 'HER'?" By this point, Irnk seems to have forgotten there is anyone but him & Shalelu in the world, staring off into memory. "You said it yourself, we're locked in cages until we are old enough, strong enough to be 'adults'. What this really means is that by the time we are adults we have already killed or maimed, & then killed, at least one of our own, so why should we care for anyone else?"
"I... Cared. I was always strong enough none of the other whelps could beat me, even when they finally acted together. Not that that happened more than once... But I never did more than defend myself, I never 'showed my strength' as Mamma said. No, I don't know if she was my mother, she was just 'Mamma' & everyone knew you did what she said... Finally, I attracted her attention, by not really doing anything to attract attention, it's not like I shared food or anything like that." By his body language & inflection it is fairly obvious this last statement is a lie. "But I had attracted her attention & she watched me. She didn't like what she saw, well, that I don't know, I never talked with her, ever; but she said that I was to be Sacrificed to 'HER' & ALL the Gullchuckers would witness & be judged by 'HER'. But you know? I was right next to her when you put that arrow in her left eye. The last expression I saw on her face before I saw nothing at all was so strange, I didn't know what it was for the longest time. I still don't know, it's been so long, but I think now it was peace. She saw in me, what she couldn't act on in herself."

Finally noticing the others arrival, Irnk looks directly at Shalelu. "You ask if I think other Goblins can change? Other humans, other Elves change from 'Good' to 'Evil' every day. Sometimes whole peoples at a time. Lief said something about some 'Great Nation' to the South that went evil. If a whole nation of Humans can turn evil, why can't a few tribes of Goblins turn good?"


female DM

A charge from the wand, one for Gutwad and one for Irnk. And it's all good Hijiro. We just all got on the same track, anyway!

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Shalelu heals up the bound goblin. The goblin chieftan stirs, blearily blinking up at Shalelu. He begins wriggling around in vain, spitting a string of goblin invective at her. She walks over to Irnk and pokes him with the wand as well, healing away all of his wounds. She opens her mouth to speak to Irnk before noticing how close the others have gotten.

"Here's the sheriff and the rest of them. We'll talk about this later, if you want."


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Sienna walks into the house. "So, everything alright in here. No one.. hurting each other? Been relatively uneventful I hope?"

A few moments later when the Sheriff and the others arrive Sienna picks up a stick or some form of other object like it presenting it to Balthazar. "Sorry I know we've been introduced already but I didn't quite realise who you were. Mother has told me much about you and it is good to meet you finally. I hope you don't mind shaking the stick as opposed to my hand. That's fine by your vows right?"


female DM

Shalelu nods,"We're good here. We patched Gutwad up a bit," she nods towards the helpless, flabby goblin.


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

"I am hurt, wounded even, that you could so much as consider that we might be anything other than the souls of amicability & good-will. Right 'Points'?" Irnk answers in response to Sienna's query, smirk once more firmly in place.

Irnk doesn't preemptively snark or anything, oh no...


female DM

You were healed up a bit, Irnk!


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Yes, which is why I am at 10 hp now instead of 4. The hurt, wounded comment was Irnk being a !@#$@!#, not Irnk complaining about not getting healed.


female DM

NM, parenting and reading posts doesn't work. I read that your sheet said 1 of 10 HP instead of Paladin 1 HP 10


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision
Celestine8 wrote:
NM, parenting and reading posts doesn't work. I read that your sheet said 1 of 10 HP instead of Paladin 1 HP 10

Parenting & reading posts doesn't work well. I manage to parent badly while reading posts just fine thank you very much...


female DM

Well, I seem to only be able to parent and post poorly at the same time. You've got one up on me


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Balthazar finds Sienna's gesture amusing and smiles accordingly. "I was under the impression you were Koya's daughter, but didn't want to bother you with my stories. It's a pleasure to be properly introduced." He grabs the stick and shakes. Then, he lets go of it and bows putting his two palms together. "This is how we do it in the monastery."


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Irnk looks back & forth between Sienna & Balthazar, his eyebrows peaked in an expression you believe is amusement as he mutters something in goblin to Shalelu.

Goblin

Spoiler:
"Crazy Humans"


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision
Celestine8 wrote:
Well, I seem to only be able to parent and post poorly at the same time. You've got one up on me

I was at work all day today, my son is with his mother until I pick him up tomorrow. I post much better when all I have to do otherwise is ignore customers.


Female Human Druid, Pace: 6 Parry: 8 (3) Toughness: 6 (+2 vs ranged) Charisma: 0, Wounds 3/3, Bennies 3/3, Power points 15/15

Sienna follows suit by placing her palms together and bowing for Balthazar. "Oh don't worry, you'd never bother me with your stories. I've heard quite a lot of them, Mother liked to tell me some of them from time to time. A few were quite interesting I must say, I'm sure I'd like to hear a few stories from the horses mouth, so to speak." She smiles warmly.


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Balthazar scratches his head and laughs. "Don't let the grey hair in my beards fool you! Most of my stories are second hand... actually, this is my first incursion out of the monastery walls in over 40 years! My life up to these past days has been uneventful, though many of the monk's teachings are very interesting. Maybe we'll get the chance to discuss it in the future. But now, to more urgent matters. Sheriff, I present you Irnk, follower of Sarenrae. Irnk, I believe you wanted to share your thoughts with the sheriff."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female DM

Shalelu shakes her head, an amused expression flitting across her face,"He's all yours, Sheriff. Irnk is a... holy warrior serving Erastil. I've known him for a short while and he's different enough from most goblins for me to be able to put up with him. In doses." The elf steps outside, walking out to speak with the watchmen and nodding in greeting to Koya. Koya walks in after the sheriff, looking Irnk up and down, her eyes resting on his injuries. Belor Hemlock, a massive man with dark tan skin, dark eyes, a shaved scalp and a few geometrically shaped tattoos winding down his neck nods in greeting, wiping sweat from his brow"I'm pleased to meet you, Irnk," he says, unsteadily,"I've heard a bit about you in such a short time and am a bit surprised by what's happened here, today. Perhaps you'd like to tell me what you had in mind for the Licktoads."


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

"Who- Fire Blossom? Hehe, Haa Haa, Ho Hehehee..." Irnk falls over, continuing to giggle & chortle madly for almost a full minute. Finally, he sits up, his arms clutched tighly to his sides, his face a rictus combined of pain & continued amusement. "Ow, that was funny. No, I don't hear her call 'brother'. I can see where you might think so, fire is pretty & all. heh No, I follow Ullerstahl, um, I guess you L- ahem, folks down here call him Erastil."


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

"Sheriff Hemlock." Nodding somewhat respectfully. "May I first inquire as to how many Sandpoint Citizens & Caravan Crew & Passengers died or were grievously harmed in these attacks?"


female DM

Koya glances over her shoulder out the window at Shalelu, raising her eyebrows questioningly, shaking her head. Belor blinks,"Five people have been severely injured over the past three weeks. Two of them would have died without Koya's help. They got so badly hurt trying to save their son from injury and death, who took a dogslicer to the face and head, despite their efforts. He did make it, but the wounds were terrible. Ten more with minor injuries. Most of the caravans lost horses and goods. Caravans have tried to hold off on coming, having to choose between their safety and making a living."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

"I was under the impression there had been actual deaths?" Pausing for a moment, shaking his head as if having an argument inside his own mind, Irnk continued. "I apologize Sheriff, 'comparing scars' does little to forward either of our goals here. You want to make certain the Licktoad are no longer a threat to your people and you want the responsible parties brought to justice so that the injured parties can feel 'payed back'. Anything else?" Pausing a moment, but not long enough for Belor to do more than nod if he does want more. "I want not to be a freak. Meaning, I want to not be the only Goblin P- Miss Andosana over there doesn't shoot on sight. I think we can aid each other in getting what we both want."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female DM

He raises his eyebrows,"I can't speak for Miss Andosana's goblin hunting habits. I can see what I can do to keep the Licktoads and Sandpoint from clashing again, but I'm under the impression that they've been driven off."
Gutwad wriggles, turning himself as best as he can to watch Irnk and the Sheriff.

Goblin:
"What you say to this one, Irnk, Lover of Humans, Elves and Dogs and Horses? The Licktoads will make them all dead!We will come back! When human makes me dead, Lamashtu will reshape me and put me back so that I will eat and kill and take from humans that live near MY swamp!"


Male Goblin Paladin 2 HP 20/22, +3 Init, AC 18/ 14t/ 15ff, F +6 R +5 W +4, Per -1, 60' Darkvision

Goblin

Spoiler:
"Lamashtu won't have you. Longshanks won't kill you until I say. I won't say before you Write 'I'm sorry I got my tribe killed 'cause I'm a poo head.' on the town walls one hundred times, One Hundred Times! You will too. Also Humans, Elves, Dogs & Horses all smell better than you!"

"Hrmph!" Turning back from Gutwad to Sheriff Hemlock, Irnk replies. "She only really hunts us when something like this happens. Up 'til now, it was more of a 'only kills the stupid ones' sort of thing. well, sort of Tomorrow, some of the last survivors of the Licktoad come here & come with me when I bring you Gutwad. I told them if we start treating you like Goblins, you will start treating us like men." Puzzled, Irnk stops for a moment, silently mouthing the words he just said. "Huh, that sounded better in my head. I mean, I think they want not to fight any more. Gutwad was the one who loved killing Humans & the others who might have wanted to as well, well, those walking dead took care of them."
"The thing is Sheriff, killing goblins isn't going to make the problem go away; talking with the goblins, well that won't make the problem go away either, but it will make it smaller & I don't know anyone around here who can talk to us except Shalelu. I don't know any of us who can talk to you. That's not me."
"I will have to talk with them to be sure, but I think I can get the Licktoad that are left to... Be more like Walthus I guess."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female DM

The goblin lets out a blood curdling shriek of what can only be curses.

Goblin:
"I won't write! I will make humans kill me before you make me write! I kill writers. Make them like dead, burned Scribbleface! They won't listen to you, you pus-filled, horse-licking, spawn of a maggot and a human! They think you're funny now and listen, but they'll kill you when they're done making you their simpering, pathetic little slave!

Belor glares at the goblin,"I can't understand a word of that and yet, I think I get the gist of what he just said. Killing them's always been the best way to deal with them. They understand shows of force and strength and it assures people that the problem is gone. Wouldn't the remaining goblins think that we were afraid of them or too weak to kill them and just keep on attacking us, once they'd met some like-minded friends? What guarantee could we possibly get from a tribe of goblins that lick swamp toads to get a rush that could matter those of us in town?"


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 2 / HP 20 of 20 / F+4 R+5 W+5 / AC 16.16.13 / Init. +2 / Perc +7

Balthazar feels embarassed about mistaking Irnk's deity, and hopes he hasn't offended the goblin. I must apologize later. He listens carefully to both Irnk and Belor.

"That's a reasonable concern, sheriff, but it is no excuse. What guarantee do I have that lightning will not strike me? Shall I never step out in the rain because of it? Goblins and humans have battled for years, and nothing has changed. Isn't it time to try something new, despite there being no guarantees? Isn't it time to try to make things right in a peaceful manner?"

501 to 550 of 1,163 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Brinewall Legacy All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.