Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Carvin' out a niche...

Game Master Stiehl9s


101 to 150 of 395 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

male Half-Elf Monk of the Four Winds 2- -HP 14/14 AC 15 Ft 6, Re 4, Wi 8

Lathar deftly maneuvers around the beast's leap. He steps in with the opening and delivers a flurry of blows to the soft fleshy area of its side.
attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Lathar feels his strikes connect and drives his attack further.

crit confirm 1st attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

LOL
Hmm pressure points on theses beasts are very difficult to find. I will have to study up on this corpse.

damage 1st 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
damage 2nd 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Human Rouge (Survivalist) / Level 2/ Health: 15/15 / AC: 13 / Saves: F/R/W +0/+4/+3

Dropping his bow and drawing his hand axe Modoc tres to sneak up behind the creature and catch it off guard...

Stealth Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Spider perception - 1d20 ⇒ 5

The giant spider was oblivious to Modoc as he crept up with ax in hand. The arachnid was much more worried about the man with the vicious hands that had hurt it already. 7 damage taken

It lunged again with fangs bared.

Spider bite attack - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

And strikes true on Lathar's leg.

Damage - 1d6 ⇒ 3 + Fort Save DC 14 or 1d2 ⇒ 2 Strength Damage


male Half-Elf Monk of the Four Winds 2- -HP 14/14 AC 15 Ft 6, Re 4, Wi 8

Grunting against the pain of the hit Lathar feels the venom being pushed into the wound. Fort save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Lathar slams his fists into the face of the beast and wrenches his leg from its bite before a large dose of the poison had been injected.

flurry of blows next attack when its my turn

1st attack1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
2nd attack1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Human Rouge (Survivalist) / Level 2/ Health: 15/15 / AC: 13 / Saves: F/R/W +0/+4/+3

Sneaking up behind the furry arachnid, Modoc raises his axe and lets fall...

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Threat Roll: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Damage Roll: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Critical Damage Roll: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Sneak Attack Roll: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Modoc's ax rips through the spider's hairy abdomen; spraying ichor and smelly juices just as Lathar's fist crushes it's head with a wet, gushy thud. The spider collapses and ceases to move.


Male Human Rouge (Survivalist) / Level 2/ Health: 15/15 / AC: 13 / Saves: F/R/W +0/+4/+3

Going into a crouch, Modoc looks for more movement as he makes his way back to where he dropped his bow.

Perception Roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


The area has gone completely quiet except for the patter of rain drops and that's all that you can see and hear. Modoc is able to retrieve his bow with no sign of another impending encounter. Its now fully dark but you're still pretty close to camp.

Knowledge Nature DC 10:
Its not hard to tell that your minor scuffle with the spider has caused any creature in the 'prey' category to make scarce.


Male Human Rouge (Survivalist) / Level 2/ Health: 15/15 / AC: 13 / Saves: F/R/W +0/+4/+3

Modoc makes his way over to the young half-elf, muttering under his breath...

"...gibberish...half-elf...gibberish...pickin' flowers..."


male Half-Elf Monk of the Four Winds 2- -HP 14/14 AC 15 Ft 6, Re 4, Wi 8

knowledge 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Looking down at the gouge in his leg Lathar knows he got lucky. That poison would have put him out of action for a good while.

Lathar sees Modoc approach I truly don't like spiders, especially when I dont see them coming. Thank you for the help.

He begins to head back to the camp site and set up for the first watch of the evening. Does it ever stop raining around here i wonder.

Lathar pulls his cowl up over his head and seats himself under the wagon. Nature is testing me with this attack and this unending rain. I must remain strong in this challenge.

Every 30 or so min. Lathar will circle the camp till watch change.

percep1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
percep1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Lathar's watch thankfully passes uneventful. The area doesnt take long to revert to the normal sounds and in what couldve been an answer to the monk's question the rain stops again and by Modoc's watch the stars are actually in view in between passing clouds. A sign of good portent perhaps as Modoc has a quiet watch adn before he knows it the dawn starts to break on the horizon with what promises to be a sunny day.


male Half-Elf Monk of the Four Winds 2- -HP 14/14 AC 15 Ft 6, Re 4, Wi 8

Waking to the absent sound of rain was heartening for the monk. He stretches himself and begins a moment of inner study and meditation.

Nature be blessed I do rather walk in the sunshine than the pouring rain.

Lathar stands and begins to eat some rations. Morning Modoc, good to see the day and no rain.
He moves around stowing his gear and prepping for the days ride. survival for weather 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Lathar produces the sweet sasafras root he had found yesterday. Chewing on it he helps hitch the ox and begins to lead his mule onward.


Male Human Rouge (Survivalist) / Level 2/ Health: 15/15 / AC: 13 / Saves: F/R/W +0/+4/+3

Rose with a long stretch towards the sky. Walk over to where Lathar was seated and looked at the wounded leg.

"Yuh should forage da wood dare fer some o' dem herbs to treat tha wound b'fore it get the rot."

After a quick breakfast of bread, cheese & ale, Modoc prepared himself for another day I trekking...


The day promises to be sunny with a slight breeze. You're sure this will help dry out the rain soaked ground.


male Half-Elf Monk of the Four Winds 2- -HP 14/14 AC 15 Ft 6, Re 4, Wi 8

Good thinking friend I will do that when we camp again this evening. Fortunately the spider did not poison me, the wound itself should be ok.


moving right along then...

The bite mark has healed some but is still hurting and the wound is quite ugly. You're sure to have two scars to remember the encounter.

The two of you get the beasts fed and hitched up before riding out for the day.

Lathar's ride checks

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Modoc's ride checks

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Lathar is able to coax some speed out of the ox and you all make good time today. The road has been bare and the hills have gained incline although there is still plenty of flat ground. You pass a couple of farms but no one seems to be working them when you do pass. Modoc checks the map and figures you still have two days or so to reach your homestead. As the sun slips towards the horizon the wind picks up.


Male Human Rouge (Survivalist) / Level 2/ Health: 15/15 / AC: 13 / Saves: F/R/W +0/+4/+3

"Bes' take r' time gettin' to da place. I wanna make sure we get dare in one peese."

Modoc stops a little earlier than usual this evening and begins to prepare the camp as before, in anticipation for some more wet weather. Finally after everything is as it should be Modoc pulls an arrow from his quiver and nocks and arrow. Pausing for a moment he sniffs the air and gazes at the horizon, feeling the breeze on his face...

Survival Roll: (Predict the Weather for next 24 Hours = DC 15) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 - Failed

Looking confused, Modoc grunts and walks confidently into the forest tree line.

"Harumph!"

Survival Roll: (Looking for tracks. A hunting we will go!) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Survival Roll: (Foraging for food along the way = DC 10) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 - Should find food & water for three people.
Perception Roll: (Passive Perception - Take 10? If not...) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


male Half-Elf Monk of the Four Winds 2- -HP 14/14 AC 15 Ft 6, Re 4, Wi 8

Lathar watches the old man stomp into the woods. Good hunting!
He returned to his task of prepping a fire and getting some water to boiling. His wound had been deep and was going to need some attention.
He checks that the mules are well tied off and then Lathar heads off in the opposite direction of the hunting Modoc and begins to search for some herbs to help speed the healing.
nature 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


@ Modoc - The weather could go either way being the fickle creature that she was and all you could tell as you stalk into the tree line was that for now the sun was shining and the wind was steady. You easily spot several sets of deer tracks. A large buck is following two does. The tracks are fresh and easy to follow considering the recent rains have left the ground soft. As you hunt you take the time to gather a sack full of mushrooms, leafy greens, heaps of several typs of nuts, and four handfuls of not quite ripe cherries. You'e also able to fill your waterskins with fresh water from a small brook that the deer crossed not an hour ago.

@ Lathar - you get the camp set up and the fire good and burning before you head off. You dont really spot anything that will help with the healing of your snake bite wounds but you do find a a thicket full of a plant that you know chewed up into a paste will offer some break from the pain and will help stave off any infection.


Male Human Rouge (Survivalist) / Level 2/ Health: 15/15 / AC: 13 / Saves: F/R/W +0/+4/+3

After cinching the ties down on his water skins and strapping them back on the bottom of his backpack, Modoc dipped his hands in the cool water and drank his fill. Looking at the tracks he decided to continue on...as they showed promise. Modoc tried to move at a good pace in order to catch up to the beasts, but also tried to maintain some silence so as not to spook them...

Stealth Roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Survival Roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


DM Dice:

1d20 ⇒ 16
1d20 ⇒ 16

@ Modoc - As you get follow the tracks and get nearer the animals the inevitable happens. You boot catches on a root buried under the thick carpet of wet, fallen leaves. You clearly hear the telltale sound of the deer high tailing it through the brush. Dusk isnt far off now and you're now a good hour or so from camp.

Those damn deer are some perceptive animals!

Meanwhile at camp...

DM Dice:

1d20 ⇒ 18

@ Lathar - with camp set and the poultice applied to your wound; there isnt much to do except to wait for Modoc to come back from wherever he went. As the afternoon slips away you get the feeling that you're being watched.

Perception check please


Male Human Rouge (Survivalist) / Level 2/ Health: 15/15 / AC: 13 / Saves: F/R/W +0/+4/+3

Although a good bit of dried venison would be a boon, Modoc abandoned the track and headed back to camp. He couldn't be entirely disappointed. He did forage plenty of food for him and his companion for the next day...

Survival Roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


@ Modoc - you'll be able to find your way back to camp no problem but it will take a while.

meanwhile we're waiting for Lathar...


male Half-Elf Monk of the Four Winds 2- -HP 14/14 AC 15 Ft 6, Re 4, Wi 8

perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Lathar shook himself awake..Whew That plant he had been chewing had a drowsy side affect. I need to keep myself busy
he started into a meditation routine and focused his mind to clear the groggy feeling.


@ Lather - that feeling of unseen eyes persists but you're sure you wouldve spotted anything in the vicinity despite the drowsy effect of the plant. Time passes and nothing jumps out at you though so you let it pass. As the sun falls below the treetops and dusk settles Modoc returns to camp.


Male Human Rouge (Survivalist) / Level 2/ Health: 15/15 / AC: 13 / Saves: F/R/W +0/+4/+3

Modoc returns through the woodline and sets down by the fire. Pulling free from his sack the food he foraged. Pulling free an iron pot from the travois he sets to making some mushroom tea. Sitting down he begins to sup on the greens, cherries and nuts...

"No luck. had a got track on a buck chasin' some tail. Must a been a big one though. Smart feller, caught on to me before I could get em' in my sights."

Looking over at the half-elf and locking eyes...

"So...You wanna be tellin' me whya young half-elf like you would be wantin' to doin' this homesteadin' gig. I mean I understand us humans we gotta do what we can with what short existence's we are fortunate enough to have. But you, thats a differn' story."


male Half-Elf Monk of the Four Winds 2- -HP 14/14 AC 15 Ft 6, Re 4, Wi 8

Lathar eyed the man and tossed a bit of wood on the fire to keep it rolling.

I am pursueing a personal feat of strength and skill. There are many men that train themselves to be good with the sword and there are those that train themselves in the arts of magic. I have trained myself to be an extension of nature and use only my body as a weapon. Chaneling its power through myself.

lathar begins to chew on the left over piece of root again.

Unfortunately in order to fully understand this I need to go against Nature itself. This is a test to see if I can bend Nature to my will. Enduring whatever is sent my way and coming out alive in the end. That is why you are here I believe as well. Nature in it's strange ways has deemed it necessary that we undertake this journey together so that we may both benefit from it.

He looks over at the old man.

My teacher has traned me and prepared me in the old ways and now it is up to me to complete the training and continue on as a Monk of the Four Winds.

Your skills in gathering as well as hunting will prove beneficial. I am trained in cultivating plants as well as knowing the affect nature has on plantlife.


The night is pleasant as you chat and the sounds of crickets and other bugs dominate the background.


Male Human Rouge (Survivalist) / Level 2/ Health: 15/15 / AC: 13 / Saves: F/R/W +0/+4/+3

Modoc looked long and hard at Lathar after he had spoken. He thought for a while about what he had just heard.

(The half-man is obviously intelligent and disciplined...good...good...the times ahead will require him to call upon those assets and push those boundaries beyond what he is accustom to in his regular training. I think in that regard he will do well. His stamina most likely matches his will.)

(His teacher was his keeper however. He was provided for. Studenrs are often provided many of the basic necessities so they can focus on their discipline....food, water, shelter and security. Things Modoc had never had, and many a man, elf or otherwise take for granted.)

(The big question is perseverance. In his previous environment Lathar was allowed to "thrive" which is the antithesis of survival...just making do to extend your life another week...day...hour. It is a bleak thing. And the young man had said in so many words that he had something prove...)

(This is dangerous...
The wilds are no place for hubris....
Nature bends to no will...)

Modoc rose and brushed himself off. Glaring at the fire as if deep in thought he spoke...

"I believe you are right Lathar...there is a reason I am here as well...one of two reasons to be precise...to make sure you "come out alive in the end"....or give you a proper burial! I'm not here to prove anything! I expect you to keep that in mind when we are shuddering in the cold, with very bodies eating away at our muscle tissue to survive! This is not a test! It's a matter of life...a hard life...or a cold, ugly death!"


Modoc's dire warning is eerily punctuated by the howl of a lone wolf in the distance...


male Half-Elf Monk of the Four Winds 2- -HP 14/14 AC 15 Ft 6, Re 4, Wi 8

Life itself is a test.

Lathar listens to the howling wolf in the distance and contemplates the old man's loss of accent in his speech.

A harder life is simply a harder test. You are passionate because you have seen these things. I have no passion because I have not. I want and need to learn these things. So you are Natures new teacher and I am its new student. I am ready to learn.

Lathar stands and bows to the old man then moves out to the perimeter of the camp and begins his routine circling for the evening watch.

perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Dm Roll - 1d20 ⇒ 14

@ Lathar - during your circuit of the camp you clearly see a pair of eyes shining through the brush at about chest height to you. as your elven eyes adjust to being away from the fire you pick out the form a very large wolf. It looks right at you for a spell and doesnt make a sound before disappearing and you barely hear the whisper of it moving off.


male Half-Elf Monk of the Four Winds 2- -HP 14/14 AC 15 Ft 6, Re 4, Wi 8

Lathar moves toward the edge of the fire light stealth1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 and calls softly to doc.
slightly louder than a whisper Hey doc wake up! There is a wolf prowling the camp and I am certain there is bound to be more nearby.

Lathar looks out around the camp and listens to see if he can pick up any other sounds.perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

nature roll to know what types of wolves roam this area. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

wow really double 1's haha


Male Human Rouge (Survivalist) / Level 2/ Health: 15/15 / AC: 13 / Saves: F/R/W +0/+4/+3

Modoc scans around to see if this was a solitary wolf or part of a pack. Nocking an arrow he keeps his back to the cart looking to see if any others appear through the darkness.

Perception Roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


@ Lathar - you're night vision is ruined when you go back towards the fire and you cant see a thing outside of the light and you hear nothing more of the wolf's passing. Unfortunately, you have no idea what kind of wolves are native to this region or if there are any wolves native to this region. You do know that it was BIG!

@ Modoc - You dont see even a sign of any wolf or its passing and the usual sounds of the wild at night never ceased.


Male Human Rouge (Survivalist) / Level 2/ Health: 15/15 / AC: 13 / Saves: F/R/W +0/+4/+3

Pulling his bow from his carefully steps trough and strings the limbs. Pulling and arrow from his quiver he nocks his bow...squinting as he peers into the fringes of the darkness.

Prepare a ready attack action for any creatures that appear at the edge of the camps light.


male Half-Elf Monk of the Four Winds 2- -HP 14/14 AC 15 Ft 6, Re 4, Wi 8

Speaking just above a whisper to Modoc
I've seen wolves before but this is the biggest I have seen ever. It was staring right at me and then just disappeared off in the brush.
Lathar continues to scan the area around where the wolf disappeared
perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

really a 3rd roll of 1 in a row. What kind of dice hax is this!


thats poor dice luck indeed.

You dont see anything around where the wolf was and neither of you hear anything beyond the normal night sounds of crickets and the occasional hoot of an owl. Perhaps the wolf has gone.


The two of you stand at the ready for an attack for what seems like hours but has only been a few minutes. ther are no tracks which with the recent rains have leaving the ground soft should be apparent considering the size of the wolf. The attack never comes and the night passes without any further incident. Your rest is broken by the incessant mooing of the cow and the bleating of the goat. They appear restless.

Knowledge/Nature DC 12:
Their teats are swollen and both are in desperate need of a milking


Male Human Rouge (Survivalist) / Level 2/ Health: 15/15 / AC: 13 / Saves: F/R/W +0/+4/+3

"Well farmer Lathar. You better go take care of her. She's crying out for those soft hands!"

Modoc heads over the tree line, readying his bow as he stalke over to the spot where Lathar said he had spotted the beast. Being cautious he scan back into the trees and began looking for some tracks.

Perception Roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Survival Roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


male Half-Elf Monk of the Four Winds 2- -HP 14/14 AC 15 Ft 6, Re 4, Wi 8

knowledge/nature1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Lathar heard the cow and goat fussing over their swollen udders. After a few tense minutes of waiting for the giant wolf to return he grabbed one of the pails from the cart and set down to take care of business. When the pail was full and the animals drones had died away he set down at the fire and took a deep draw from the pail. Passing the pail to Modoc.Here ya go. Take a deep pull and enjoy the sweetness, they may not provide milk like this all the time. If the grazing becomes scarce then milk becomes bland.


Modoc:
- you're sure if there were tracks you wouldve seen them but as it is there is no evidence there was any 'wolf' near the camp last night. Maybe your companion was seeing things or letting his imagination run wild?

The fresh milk Lathar procured went well with breakfast and it isnt long until you are packed up and on your way. You know from the map that you shoudl be through the woods and into more pasture like lands in the late afternoon barring anything impeding your travel.

2 Handle Animal and a Perception check please


Male Human Rouge (Survivalist) / Level 2/ Health: 15/15 / AC: 13 / Saves: F/R/W +0/+4/+3

"Maybe you et' to many a dem' dare mushrooms younger!"

Perception Roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Perception Roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Handle Animal/Ride Roll: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Handle Animal/Ride Roll: 1d20 ⇒ 9


male Half-Elf Monk of the Four Winds 2- -HP 14/14 AC 15 Ft 6, Re 4, Wi 8

perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
handle animal1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
handle animal1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

chuckling slightly No, I am sure I feel fine. There are other herbs, however, you can use to become closer to nature for a time. They also calm your senses considerably as well. I can search some of those out this evening at camp. My supply has dwindled to nothing unfortunately.

Lathar pulls a small cylinder with a dugout on top from his alchemist tools. He blows through the tube to check that it was free and clear. Stowing it in his front pocket he stares ahead at the open road.


As you make your through the woods you both on occasion see a flash of gray fur although if you check it out there are still no tracks to be found. Modoc can be assured now that Lathar wasnt just 'seeing things'.

You make decent time and as predicted; break free of the cooling canopy of trees into gently rolling hills only seperated by pastures with a spare tree here and there. The sun is shining bright with a few clouds that dont seem to move as the air is still although hawks ride the warm currents far above you.


Male Human Rouge (Survivalist) / Level 2/ Health: 15/15 / AC: 13 / Saves: F/R/W +0/+4/+3

Once out of the woods, Modoc paranoia visibly lightens as he becomes more at ease with the wider field of vision. Not giving up the search however he becomes extra vigilant keeping eyes fixed on the tree lines and the horizon where there journey will take them...

Perception Roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Lathar appears lost in thought and you leave the woods behind.

Modoc:
You just catch a glimpse of a head duck down behind a not too distant hill. About a 200 yards ahead and to the left of the road.


Male Human Rouge (Survivalist) / Level 2/ Health: 15/15 / AC: 13 / Saves: F/R/W +0/+4/+3

Handing the reigns to Lathar, Modoc whispers...

"Do not alter your present course. If you hear me yell...you stop and come sav...er...uh...help me."

Looking wide eyed, Modoc crouches and rolls behind the wagon, stopping to string his bow and nock an arrow. Staying low, Modoc swings wide towards the knoll to the bottom of the ravine and into the gully beyond to try and flank the elusive animal. Coming up from behind...white knuckles on the haft of his bow.

Perception Roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15...Eyes on the horizon, where last movement was seen...
Stealth Roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25...Attempting to be stealthy and surprise...
Survival Roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27...looking for tracks...


male Half-Elf Monk of the Four Winds 2- -HP 14/14 AC 15 Ft 6, Re 4, Wi 8

Nodding to Modoc, Lathar knew full well that the old man must have caught sight of the great beast. He has senses tuned to survival. This man has much knowledge to show me. I must pay attention.

perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Lathar moves down the road toward the horizon and keeps his ears listening and eyes scanning for any yells or signs from Modoc. Reaching down he lays his walking staff near his feet in the wagon and begins to hum a toon he remembered from his early childhood at the monastary. ride check if the beasts get spooked1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


DM Rolls - 1d20 ⇒ 20, 1d20 ⇒ 14, 1d20 ⇒ 4

@ Lathar - Somewhat surprising you are completely oblivious to whats happening ahead of you and just caught Modoc's comment. As you hum a tune about farmers and the noises of his various animals; the oxen starts groaning and thrashing in its reigns.

Lathar Perception DC 10:
You have somehow managed to get the reigns and hitching gear into a tangled mess and is pulling the oxen's head straight back. You arent going anywhere.

Lathar:
- you will need to make either an Escape Artist or Handle Animal DC 15 before being able to continue moving. Keep rolling until you make those to set the time.

@ Modoc - You slip easily into the gully where you saw the movement. For a second you feared you were spotted but thankfully with the sun to the east you found a long stretch of shadow. Moving closer you quickly realize that its no wolf youre stalking but a man and he's packing a crossbow but seems to be doing something else with his hands. You estimate that you dont have much more time before the half elf is within range.

Modoc Sense Motive DC 15:
- Its apparent that he is signaling at least one other person as to Lathar's approach.

Modoc Perception DC 20:
- Your earlier estimate is wrong as your naive new friend has mangled the reigns and will need to fix them before being able to move on. You have at least one round to do what you want.

101 to 150 of 395 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Carvin' out a niche... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.