Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull!

Game Master Wellard


3,101 to 3,150 of 3,965 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>
Osirion

Amisi readies a disrupt undead in case she can spot the hag.


Haven't made a save for the third round negative energy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 vs DC13 => 3

Round 4, initiative 20
ac 17, touch 14, fleet-footed 13
fort +4, ref +7, will +3
cmd 19
hp 18/28
effects:

The dark energy continues to get the best of Natalyah. She cringes and steps backwards. "Get back", she snarls. "We can't fight it while its inside the cloud. How long will it last?" the ranger demands to know.

Move action to move back 30ft
Standard action to ready an action to slash a ghoul should one come within range: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 - 1 = 15 (+1 song, -1 power attack), damage 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 11 (+2 power attack, +1 song)


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4
Natalyah Melethiell wrote:


The dark energy continues to get the best of Natalyah. She cringes and steps backwards. "Get back", she snarls. "We can't fight it while its inside the cloud. How long will it last?" the ranger demands to know.

Good time for a spellcraft check to ID the spell/effect and get a duration?

Setebo falls back along with Natalyah and hopefully the Captain. The sabre still raised to strike. Ready standard action to attack anthing I can see.

Osirion

Amisi tries to identify the spell.

Spellcraft 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Saving throw (?) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 (assuming fortitude - will is two better)


ok I already made saves for Caithen Amisi and Rollo..please read the posts..and it's will not fort..

Amisi identifes the spell as Darkness..it's duration is dependant on the power of the caster but it will be up for a minimum of 6 more rounds.

Going back 30' will take you out off this cave..is that what you want given that Helga and Atzi will be left alone before the ghoul acts?


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

I think the idea is to delay and let the squishies out first. Or at least get them out of the neg energy area. Hence the frantic waving done by Setebo last round.


DM Wellard wrote:

ok I already made saves for Caithen Amisi and Rollo..please read the posts..and it's will not fort..

Amisi identifes the spell as Darkness..it's duration is dependant on the power of the caster but it will be up for a minimum of 6 more rounds.

Going back 30' will take you out off this cave..is that what you want given that Helga and Atzi will be left alone before the ghoul acts?

I'll retreat to stand in front of the casters, gesturing for them to get back and out of the room


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Seeing no issue with this Caithan sets himself up just in front of the casters.


The Warriors form a battle line.
Amisi is up

Osirion

Amisi changes her mind - more fire power is needed.

She decides on another flaming sphere.

Ready action - flaming sphere if target can be seen.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga ceases to sing and falls back behind the line, still with an arrow readied...then turns to face down the passageway.

"This place is a warren," she mutters, "they could come at us from behind if they have any sense."


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi gives a low feral growl as she falls back behind the line and into the passage beyond. Saying nothing as she prepared to fight to the death. By the earth mother this place would be clensed.

MA: 30 ft - Minimum of behind the line or further back into the hall we entered from to watch our backs.

SA: Readied Action, cast and attack with Frigid Touch at anything that attacks her.


I'll point out that the ghoul will act before Atzi and Helga can fall back so you will all still be in range of the channel this round. I am then assuming you all fall back out of range and Amisi begins to prepare the flaming sphere just needing the completion phrase to activate it

Channel Negative Energy 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8

You can post your saves with the actions for next round.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Helga falls back, quaffing a potion of cure light wounds. Anyone else need one? She has another three.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Will save Caithan
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Will save Rollo

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Cure Light Wounds potion on Caithan

Current HP for Caithan 13/29
Current HP for Rollo 12/20


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Will save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Setebo spits blood into the darkness.

I can take this all day, thing. How long can you last?"

Osirion

"You shouldn't have shown yourself old hag - eat fire !!"

The flaming sphere bursts forward.

Damage 3d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 2) = 10 Reflex DC17 to avoid

Will save 1d20 ⇒ 17

GM - please let me know if you like me to roll reflex saves in the future to make it more easy for you. Need to check if this was the second (prepared) or third (arcane bond) spell of the day.


Will save against negative energy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 => 8 damage

Round 5, initiative 20
ac 17, touch 14, fleet-footed 13
fort +4, ref +7, will +3
cmd 19
hp 10/28
effects:

The wave of negative energy has Natalyah reeling. "Get back!" she snarls at Amisi. She moves back (although staying in front of Amisi, Atzi and Helga) trying to get out of range for the hag's burst of negative power.

Move back as much as i can and still see the cloud of darkness
Is it possible to use perception to try and estimate how many creatures there are moving around in the darkness? (check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28)


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Will save 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


That was the round 4 channel Amisi ..the ghoul is still in the darkness at that point...I was assuming you had moved out of range of the channel on round 4 then it goes off and the rest fall back to join you.

Natalyah is certain that the hag is the only creature facing the party.She can just see the edge of the darkness from the position of safety the party is now in.


Where in the round are we? Are we waiting for someone?


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atxi will continue with her above action for her round as the black cloud is still up.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Caithan will be back where NAtalyah is if he can or just behind her if he can't. Again ready action if she pops out to move in on her. But at this point that seems doubtful.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Welcome to stalemate. Enjoy the view. Mind you Rollo is thinking "What? Guys she's right there! The nose knows!

Setebo waits silently.

Osirion

?? I thought Amisi might even been ahead as she acted like the hag had left the darkness.
2Wellard - or is it a will save for her - yes - I assumed she was out of range but again if the hag is intelligent then she moves first channels second ..


I took it that you went back far enough from the darkness to prevent her chanelling aginst you from inside it.No will save required from Amisi for last round

We are at the start off the round


Round 6, initiative 20
ac 17, touch 14, fleet-footed 13
fort +4, ref +7, will +3
cmd 19
hp 10/28
effects:

Natalyah switches her blades for her bow with well practiced speed. She places an arrow on the string and listens intently to try and locate the ghoul hag.

Move action (or free action if Quick draw applies) to sheath my sword and dagger
Move action (or free action if Quick draw applies) to draw my bow
Perception check to try and locate the hag (if i have a action to spend): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Free action to point out her whereabouts if i can find her

if Natalyah is able to locate the hag:

"There!" Natalyah shouts and points her arrow towards the creature. "Fire if you can, otherwise prepare to meet her should she attack"


You can hear her in the darkness certainly..she is chanting a prayer of some sort.just where in the darkness she is however is impossible to tell.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

"This is growing rather tiresome. Anyway to simply cover te entire area in flame?"


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"Ha! That would be fun if we could!" Helga watches the party's rear.

Osirion

"Caithan - I will do my best. Try to retrieve me if I don't come back from the darkness after I have cast."

Amisi walks forward into the darkness in the direction she hears the chanting from. She tries to remember the layout before the darkness engulfed them as good as she can - to take an educated guess where she might be.

She then streches her hands forward - concentrating on her ring - flames spring forward from her fingers and she listens intently for any signs that her spell did find the target.

Burining hands Damage 3d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 3) = 9 DC16 reflex to half

Concentration check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 In case she gets an AoO

Spellcraft in hope to identify from the chant what is cast 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

It is a 15 feet cone. Amisi will try to get to approx. 10 feet distance following the chanting. She hopes the hag isn't threatening while chanting (?) and that she might disrupt the spell if it is a full round action spell. And off course that she isn't getting too close to even trigger an AoO.
Too many variables - so will leave it to Wellard to sort it out as he sees fit. I will accept whatever ruling you do.


Reflex save1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Not that it mattered..the ghoul had 3 hp left.

A burbling scream answers the gout of flame and the darkness winks out to reveal the smouldering remains of the ghoulish Hag.

Don't know if I ever told you that I have always run that persistent spells die with the caster


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

"You command mighty magic Amisi. I am glad you are a friend."

Setebo watches for new threats while the others deal with the thing that killed their captain.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"Well, that was brief," Helga remarks, and saunters over to inspect the corpse.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Also using detect magic.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 In case she has any items to analyse.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi's hand glows with a spell uncasted and she shakes off the beginning s of what could have only been frost covering her fingers. As she shakes her hand she scatters the gathered water and follows the others back into the room to warily inspect the corpse.

"Where are the other's that were with it?" Atzi looks around cautiously, her hands open and her faith that she can cast quickly at the ready.

Perception-Look for tracks leaving the room 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


You killed them before you even began on her

The snake Amulet seems to have survived the fire along with a ring..a surprisingly delicate depiction of swimming dolphins joined nose to tail.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga carefully removes them to examine with her magical sight. Detect magic, as above. Taking ten or twenty as required.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Setebo, distracted from guard duty looks over friend Helga's shoulder.

"That is a pretty ring. Do you suppose she kept it because it was beautiful?"

Osirion

Amisi is still shaken by the event.

"I'm glad this is how it ended. I wasn't sure if it was brave or stupid to walk into the darkness. I heard her casting and feared the worst.
But let's move on. Anything that could help us getting off the island?"

Spellcraft on the ring 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Natalyah looks in disgust at the smoldering remains. "Are you happy now? Can we leave this cave behind?" As the adrenaline from the battle starts to wear off she notices that her strength is diminished. No physical wounds, she just feels drained. "What was that thing?" she asks and opens one of her healing potions.

Potion of cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Amulet of natural Armour +1

Ring of Swimming

A quick search reveals the last caves to be devoid of anything but bones and a charnel reek.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"No, I suspect she kept it because it was magic. It allows one to swim better," Helga explains to Setebo. "The amulet can help protect one against blows. One of you warriors should take it, you might need it."


Having ensured that the caves contain nothing more of interest you return to the surface much to Natalyah's relief.

Plans for the day, now that you are essentially the rulers off the Island?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Set up my island nation. Populate it with beautiful womenm. Eventually set up a resort and become a haven for drug smugglers that eventually turns my country into the murder capital of Golarion.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Take the highest peaks and create a Weyr for creatures of the scaled and flying nature, ruling both the air and sea with a freedom that gods would envy. Woe to the pirate or evil sailor that savaged the shores of this peaceful isle.

Caithan's side gets a pass so long as they stay away from the Weyr of Qetza-zakol. ;)

Atzi for the first time in a long time feels relieved, they had battled the savages and casted them down. They had fought the abominations of the isle, removing the stain of the fungus men and the underground horrors of the walking dead. She took a breath and laughed. "All that remains is Red Mountain and the creature that resides there and the light house. But I think we should move our other comrades here first and rebuild our camp."

She throws her hands in the air, like a prisoner casting away there shackles and gives a great whooping shout in triumph. Looking at her comrades and brushing back her lengthening hair. "Sorry couldn't help myself."


Atzi has barely spoken when there is a rumbling sound much like there was earlier and lightning shoots up into the sky from the East.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"That does not portend well," Helga murmurs, looking East.

Let me guess, that's where the red mountain is?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

"Story of my bloody life." Caithan mutters under his breath as he watches the spectacle.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi sighs wearily, the other survivors would have to wait then. It seemed they were detined to fight yet another terror of this poor mistreaterd land. She hefts her javelin, despite being bone weary and almost out of spells she points to the mountain. "We may have to go now or else this may get worse..." She looks to Quetza and nods to her towering scaled companion, who quickly sidles up alongside of her. Following loyally while eyeing the mountain with a wary and narrow slitted glare.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"Aye. It's a great road to immortality we're on."

3,101 to 3,150 of 3,965 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.