Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull!

Game Master Wellard


2,951 to 3,000 of 3,960 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

Round 1, initiative 10
ac 21, touch 14, fleet-footed 13
fort +4, ref +7, will +3
cmd 19
hp 26/28
effects: total defence

Natalyah's eyes flare with anger as she recognises the captain. She tries to fight the revoltion flowing through her body seeing his new deformed shape. The ranger positions herself in the creatures path and gets ready to meet her enemy's initial attack.

Take Total defence as a standard action


So you are going to let them exit the tunnel when you could keep them bottled up in it ?


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"Don't let them spill into here!" Helga exclaims. "Stop them at the entrance!"

My vote, anyway.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Since I already delayed I can't really take it back can i? lol ^^;

Osirion

Done my action - the strategy is up to the fighters.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Well I'm good and confused so....

Caithan and Rollo move to the mouth of the tunnel with sword held high ready an action to attack whatever enemies come within reach.


Since i'm adjacent to the captain then i'll make a slight retcon to my round 1 action if that's ok, Wellard.

Round 1 retcon action:

Round 1, initiative 10
ac 17, touch 14, fleet-footed 13
fort +4, ref +7, will +3
cmd 19
hp 26/28
effects:

"It's him!", Natalyah exclaims and lashes out against the former captain with two vicious strikes.

Full round action to attack the captain
Main hand: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 - 1 - 2 = 18 (+2 recognition bonus, -1 power attack), -2 two weapon fighting, damage 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6
Off hand: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 - 1 - 2 = 23 (+2 recognition bonus, -1 power attack, -2 two weapon fighting), damage 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7


Natalyah her lips drawn back in fury cuts the late Captain down. His Ghoulsih form crumples to the floor the life force that animated it extinguished in one furious instant.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Round One

Stepping left to allow Rollo and the Capt. a clear line Setebo levels an unschooled but powerful swing at the remaining ghoul. Attack, greatsword 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24, Damage 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 4) + 6 = 15.


And Setebo slices the other ghouls head from his shoulders with one mighty blow..


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"Was that all of them?" Helga asks, sounding slightly disappointed.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi looks around, taken by surprise how easily the abomination's fell and then swiftly raises her javelin in preparation for another wave of foes...

Sorry for the wait severe windstorm took out 6 trees around my house and my power/internet with it. :( been a rough week! Nothing but rain, wind, HELLOFALOTOFWIND and extreme downpours. I have to mow my yard in the rain tomorrow :(


But your a DRUID..you shaould be able to stop nature doing things like that..lol

That indeed seems to have been all that pursued Setebo along the passageway..how many more lurk down here beneath the village is anyones guess

Osirion

Amisi walks over to investigate the remains of the captain.

Take 20


Natalyah prods the body of the former captain then steps over him to peer into the dark tunnel. "We will need your light here.", she tells Helga. "If Setebo is going to stumble into every creature we might as well spot them first."


Narrow twisting passages small cramped caverns some with multiple exits it's not the best place in the world for a lone scout

You move down the passagway and find yourself in a dome roofed almost circular cave. A dark pool of water lies below you and a narrow ledge winds its way down passing several cave entrances on the way to the water level

Osirion

Amisi casts Dancing Lights that fly ahead of her to give illumination.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga refreshes her own lights to add to the illumination.


The additional Light reveals nothing more.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Caithan shakes his head at the sigh. "Best be careful here. Might be a whole nest of those things. And if Atzi's assertion about them being made is correct then chances are they're wild and hungry now."


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"Maybe they killed and ate one another?" Helga suggests, looking for tracks and traces on the stony floor.

Survival (track): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Natalyah walks up to the edge and peers down into the dark waters below. "This is a waste of time", she mumbles. "We've got nothing to gain here. We need to get back and work on the lighthouse. If there's more of those creatures down here they can stay here for all i care."


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

How far down to the water level?

"They will not stay down here. The, villagers, must have been ...feeding them. You saw the skull I tripped on.... If there are more here they will get hungry."

Setebo sniffs.

"Seawater, there is another way out. Even if we covered up the way we came in we couldn't be sure."

Setebo looks down towards the water as he returns the sword to his back.

"I don't need the lights. I can scout the tunnels. If there are more I will lead them back to you in small groups. They do not seem organized. Is this a good idea?"


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

If only I had Druid powers! I'd love it! :) but sadly I do not :( no eagle taming and whale riding for me... Darn it. :D

Atzi nods in agreement with Setebo. "The last thing we need is these abominations stalking us in the dark, they don't need sleep and they won't tire... Besides what if they smash up the lighthouse more in their search for food?" It was obvious her last words were pointed, she was scared but not so scared to turn her back on this filthy hole of abominations.

Survival (Track) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Perception - While searching for tracks trying to remain perceptive and looking for anything interesting. I will take 10 if thats more like it for you DM :) Since we will be waiting on Setebo possibly~1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


Atzi does not think that the caverns are heavily populated but cant say just how many Lacedons might unlive here


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi grimaces as the tracks reveal both a relief and a disappointment. "I'm not sure how many are here but, from the lack of tracks, it doesn't appear to be many in this nest. We should be able to remove them much easier then the savages above..." She stands and dusts off her hands, taking hold of her Javelin as she stands ready to follow. She was distracted by her thoughts of her distant companion, waiting patiently on the surface for her return.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Caithan sighs. "Better take them out here and now. Ghouls have a bad habit of multiplying and leaving an infestation is just an invitation to have a banquet on the sick and injured at camp."


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi smiles at Caithan, a twinkle in her eye. "You are a man of great wisdom Caithan, you'd have been born a chieftain in the Mwangi. That I am sure." Her smile broadens as she winks at him, ready to move on.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"So, let's pick a tunnel," Helga shrugs.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Caithan frowns. "Thank you for the compliment but I don't see much wisdom in stalking down a tunnel of the undead. Better let one of you who can actually see in the dark guide us."

Osirion

Amisi seems to dislike the idea of undead hunting. They are just such abominations. She follows carefully in the last row - disrupt undead ready for the first sign of an undead abomination.

Not sure I did cast Mage armour or if stuff happened to quickly - in case I didn't cast it yet - I will do so now.


Natalyah releases a heavy sigh and stears down at the waters below. She leaves her protest at that as the decision had been made and complaining about it wouldn't do any good. She waits for a moment then looks at Setebo. "Well? Fetch", she says impatiently.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

"Aye aye!" Setebo replies with a smile.

With a last wave to the group he darts into the nearest tunnel.


Setebo..

Spoiler:
The nearest tunnel goes off at your level and seems to be theone the ghouls were guarding...it leads after only a few feet into what is definitely a 'man-made' chamber.No foes seem to be present


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Weather forecast for tonight: dark. ~George Carlin:

How many exits? Does it look defensible, or at least better that the cavern where the group is now? Setebo makes his way around the new cavern. Poking his misshapen head into any tunnels to see what he can see.


You are hit by a freshly cooked batter pudding..Dabbler will get the reference

Spoiler:

To your left you can sense rather than see a doorway it is at the limits of your dark vision..to the right the room goes maybe 20 feet you see no other exits


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Setebo returns to the main cavern.
"Found something. This leads to an small chamber 'bout 20ft across 60 so long. It is worked stone. Not water cut like this, and there is a door in the far end. Someone was here at least. May still be."

Batter pudding???


Batter Pudding.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Nodding, Caithan heads down with Setebo hefting his massive blade Rollo trotting along.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi follows warily, nodding to Caithan and taking a position behind the large warriors. Third in Line, i guess >.>;


You move into the cavern and now you have light available you cansee it in all its gruesome splendour

This long chamber evokes the feel of an ancient, hideous cathedral. The walls are carved with images of serpents walking upright like humans, snakes coiling around and eating hapless women and children, and stranger scenes.

Four stone pillars carved like coiling snakes support the vaulted ceiling 30 feet above. Four small cells blocked by rusted bars sit in the walls to the east and west. To the north, an immense carving of a snake’s head looms, an ash-caked door clenched in its jaws, while to the south rises a horrific mound of bones and partially decayed bodies in an eight foot-tall heap arranged almost as if to evoke the imagery of a coiled snake made of corpses.

Osirion

"I hope the bone pile won't come alive. We have seen other undead around earlier."

Amisi 'prods' it with a disrupt Undead from as far away as possible.

Touch Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 damage 1d6 ⇒ 6

Not sure if I'm prodding a sleeping bear here - - it might just be a pile of bones - but Amisi feels twitchy.
Even flatfooted and large - that wasn't a good aim ...


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga looks around, the hairs at the back of her neck prickling.

"Who made this place?" she breathes softly, racking her store of lore.

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Replace History as appropriate, Helga's knowledges are all at +3 or +7 for 20 or 24.


The pile of bones is..a pile of bones...

I'll refer you to page 57 and the post I made on Amisi's behalf.That should give you all the relevant details.

From that information Helga will identify this place as a temple to the dead god Ysdesrius..though whether a god can truely die is still a matter of some debate amongst scholars Arodens fate notwithstanding.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"We had best see what lies beyond this door," Helga mutters.


Natalyah keeps her distans contained to a snort as she enters the temple. She studies the paintings with critical eyes. For a brief moment she turns to Atzi but quickly looks away. Is this really the island you're so eager to cling to? she had almost blurted out, but stopped in the last second. Another arguement wouldn't do any good. "We need light over there", she barks instead and points towards the door. The ranger stalks closer holding her twin blades tight. She halts about 10 feet from the door and examines the stonework closely. First the floor in front of the door, then the ceiling and lastly the frame. Natalyah looks for cracks or slits that can reveal a pressure plate, trap door or similar.

Take 10 on perception for a total of 10 + 13 = 23 if needed.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga mutters a snatch of song and her glowing globes drift over to illuminate the door for Natalyah, while she follows with an arrow still notched in her bow.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Atzi searches the room for anything interesting or overlooked in the filth and clutter. She gave the images a disapproving glare but dismissed them for now as irrelevant to her search.


Nothing of Interest in the Chamber the Door is well made and close fitting but there are no obvious traps.


Confident that the door is not trapped Natalyah steps forward. She taps the door slightly in a few places with her dagger and looks for any obvious ways to open the door, ready to jump back should anything happen. When it doesn't she places her ear to the stone and tries to listen if she can her anything on the other side (obviously ignore this sentence is the door does anything, like fall on her).

If she hears nothing then she will put her blades away and try and open the door.

2,951 to 3,000 of 3,960 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.