Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull!

Game Master Wellard


2,851 to 2,900 of 3,968 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>

Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"This will take days, and I would like to see what is in that cavern we uncovered once we have rested," Helga lays down the parts of the light with a sigh.

Osirion

Amisi agrees:

"We can do the cave tomorrow. I'm not as hard as Setebo or our lady of steel - so I need some sleep to regain my arcane powers. I just feel safer in a place with no windows or other holes.
Don't want to have a snake biting me while asleep.

With these words Amisi looks for a good place to sleep.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"Before we rest, let me use the last of my spells on any wounds we may have," Helga offers.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

I think The Captiain could use whatever juice you have left.

"Here captain, I don't think the heavy armor agrees with you."
Setebo removes and returns the brestplate. Shrugging into his well worn leathers.

To Amisi. "You are with Helga and I in the watchtower. Plenty of windows but I'll keep an eye out for snakes.

Setebo works to clear the bodies out of the watchtower and the area around where Atzi wants to set up the ground watch. I think the skeleton pen is a good holding area.


I will point out that the watch tower has limited views inland and is mainly for watching for ships being driven ashore.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4
DM Wellard wrote:
I will point out that the watch tower has limited views inland and is mainly for watching for ships being driven ashore.

What blocks the view? If it is just a wall it could always be removed.


Mainly the Jungle..You wont see anyone until they enter the village clearing..on the other hand a single lookout at the top of the light will see anyone coming along the path.

See the savages were overconfident and stupid to boot.


Natalyah will take any healing if Caithan doesn't need it. Otherwise she'll use her potion of CLW

Natalyah looks far from pleased with Helga's assessment for rebuilding the lighthouse, although she doesn't challenge it. Instead she is fast to get to work building a camp. She does her best to build a few makeshift alarms (like trying to hide something that makes noise when you step on it).

Perhaps a survival roll? Take 10 for 10 + 8 + 2 = 20 (+2 favored terrain)


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Caithans down 12/29 so certainly wounded.


Then Natalyah will drink her CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Why drink a potion when Helga just offered free CLW spells? Wellard, can we redact that to Helga using a spell for 1d8+3 instead of wasting a potion for 1d8+1?


I think Natalyah is trying to be nice for once by letting Caithen have all the spells Helga can cast after all given our cute bards propensity for throwing 1s on healing rolls......

Natalyah sets up a few alarms in the general area..a couple of trip wires some hampering pungi traps that sort of thing.


That's right. Since Caithan needs healing i used the potion to heal Natalyah. Although i'm wondering if i can retcon the drink. If i remember correctly you regain your level in hit points every nights rest, and i'm only down 5 hit points now. That would mean that i regain 3 hit points from sleeping and then use a potion to heal only two hit points. Then that potion will be better saved for later.

So, if my rules assumption is correct and i am allowed to retcon, i would very much like to do so.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Well then, healing for Caithan:

CLW #1 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
CLW #2 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


no problem with the retcon

Whatever your dispositions and preparations the night passes peacefully.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Please do not wait on Atzi trying to catch up but RL is killing me. Good Luck and if I don't post please forgive me. I will post if i'm unable to continue the game however. I'm hoping that won't happen. But time will tell... Good luck everyone and roll on!


I'll DMPC if you can't continue..I can't afford to lose another character now

Morning breaks and you take stock off your situation..You have basically 3 choices

1)Search for any remaining Cannibals
2)Work on the lighthouse..and hope the remaining Cannibals straggle in at some point.
3)Explore the cavern beneath you

However, as you consider these options, a low rumbling sound is heard coming from far to the East..A minor tremor runs through the ground but Atzi does not believe this is an Earthquake or the presager of one


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga would lobby for investigating the cavern and brining the other castaways here. When the sound occurs she will see if she can see anything to the East from the top of the tower.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Helga looks out in the early light and can see nothing that might suggest where the sound came from..the camp itself sits on a high point and the lighthouse adds another 60 or 70 feet to that so she can see over the jungle and realise that almost 1/3 off the island is still unknown to her and her companions.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Unless otherwise pulled elsewhere Caithan will work on repairing the lighthouse to the best of his ability.


Natalyah wakes early. She grunts as she rolls over to stand up. Her arm is still sore from the cut the skeleton gave her. Tension grows as the ranger impatiently waits for everyone to get ready. She manages to raise the mood when she leaves to check on the trip wires she rigged before going to sleep, but soon returns empty handed.

Natalyah insists on exploring the cavern under the village when she is interrupted by the rumble. "What was that?", she demands. "What do you see", she calls out to Helga in the tower.

Grand Lodge

Amisi will look through her Spellbook before helping Caithan.

"I would suggest to have a look at the cavern today who knows what we might find."


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"Nothing...I have no idea. I agree, let's search that cave. Once we know everything that's here, we can bring the others from the smaller island, perhaps they can work on the light while we explore the rest of this place."


"What do you mean there's nothing?" Natalyah shouts back unable to think that such a sound would leave no trace. She quickly climbs the ladder and rushes past Helga to look for herself.

Take 10 on a perception check for a total of 10 + 13 + 2 = 25 (+2 favored terrain jungle)

Assuming she doesn't see anything Natalyah exhales a deep annoyed grunt and looks to Helga, feeling some shame that she didn't believe the half-elf. She throws a last glance over her shoulder then decends the ladder back to the camp.

"We should start by burying the dead. Their bodies will attract predators, and the smell will only get worse."


Natalyah scanes the Horizon but cannot spot anything..no Volcanoes, no Tsunamis rushing to engulf the Shiv..nothing.

There is a rubbish Pit/midden beyond the burnt down building that would serve as a Mass grave easily


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

So we do the grisley job of disposing of bodies first, as they will rot quickly in the jungle heat. Then on to the cavern doors...what can we see by daylight?


its a pit..as pits go its very..pit like.Listening carefully you can determine that this is probably a sea cave of sorts


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga looks around for any visible means to descend into the pit-like pit thing.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4
DM Wellard wrote:
its a pit..as pits go its very..pit like.Listening carefully you can determine that this is probably a sea cave of sorts

Unless spikes or gelatinous cubes are all over the bottom imho it's not a proper D&D pit.


Natalyah looks down in the pit. There's a frown on her face as she asks for a rope (unless there is a ladder or something similar that she can use to climb). "Amisi, give me a light", she says (unless the cavern is already lit) and starts to decend.

If this requires a climb roll i'd like to take 10 for a total of 10 + 5 = 15


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga snaps her fingers and sings a snatch of tune, and four glowing globes spiral down into the pit.


Yes you can all take 10

The shaft goes down about 20 feet before emerging in the roof of a low cave.

The uneven floor of this ten-foot-high cave is stained with blood and scattered with pieces of wood, fallen leaves, broken weapons, and in places, bits of bone.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Setebo takes the work of moving the bodies to the makeshift mass grave.

Any noticeable loot or did I miss a post?

Looking down the pit as Our Lady descends. "I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Setebo stays topside for now ready to haul LOB up or slide down as circumstances warrant.


Just the +1 Scimitar from the chief. and the stuff in the witches hut..and the,at the moment, useless cash in the lighthouse also 12x50gp amulets and a 500gp amulet from the chief.

Osirion

Amisi follows carefully.


Natalyah draws both blades instantly when she hits the floor. She stands motionless for a moment, taking in the cave and listening for movements. From the remnants she tries to discern if this is the lair of some beast, or merely the cannibals waste pit.

Unless something unexpected happens
"You can come down", Natalyah calls up to the group then moves carefully to examine the cave more thorough.

Take 10 on a perception check: 10 + 13 = 23
Take 10 on a nature check: 10 + 7 = 17


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"This does not look good," Helga mutters, but doesn't hesitate to descend. As soon as she is on the floor of the cave she notches an arrow to her bow and scans about, seeking the high-water mark.

"I wonder if this is where victims were tossed," she mutters.


This cave is dry...if it was just the rubbish pit then there should be more bone here given that the cannibals have been here 70 years.Natalyah can hear the sounds of dripping water from elsewhere and there is a faint tang of corruption and salt water.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga directs her lights to spiral outward. Are there any side-passages?


There is one cramped 5' wide passageway leading out off the cave with a distinct downward slope


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Setebo Slides down the line. His large flat foot crushes an ancient skull as he lands. He grins apologetically at OLOB.

Setebo sidles to the mouth of the passage to see if his night eyes can see more.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"This must lead to the sea...beware, the last time I was in a cave like this there were dangerous urchins."

Osirion

Amisi follows carefully - taking care to have Setebo in front of her in case of any danger.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

I guess Caithan is with you too considering he'd not allow the majority of the group to explore unknown dangers without him.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga sends her spheres of glowing light into the passageway ahead...


"Keep the light discreet. He can see in the dark", Natalyah tells Helga and follows Setebo into the narrow tunnel.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga nods, calling the lights back and dimming them.


You move down the passage and the smell off corruption increases as you move along it until it emerges into a larger space.

The smell of decay is thick in the air of this wide but low
ceilinged cavern. To one side, the ceiling drops down to little more than three feet in height over a region strewn with bones and bits of old flesh, while to the other, the ceiling bulges upward in a dome shape—six circular, pod-like alcoves line the walls of the cave at this side.

Three bestial looking figures are here hunched over on all fours..they snarl at you as you enter then attack.Howevewr your natural wariness allows you all to act first.

Natalyah 23+
Setebo 23
Helga 21
Atzi 19
Amisi 17
Caithen 12
Creatures 11


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga draws back her bow and lets fly.

Attack (bow): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Are these things something that you would recognise with a 10 + 7 = 17 Nature roll?

Round 1, initiative 23+
ac 21, touch 14, fleet-footed 13
fort +4, ref +7, will +3
cmd 19
hp 26/28
effects: total defense

Alert and quick to react Natalyah moves with blinding speed just past Setebo into the room where she has space to maneuver. She steels herself for the coming charge and readies a counter attack.

Move into the room next to Setebo.
Total defense as a standard action.

2,851 to 2,900 of 3,968 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.