Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull!

Game Master Wellard


2,751 to 2,800 of 3,965 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>

Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

When Atzi gets back from scouting around the building. Whispering, "How shall we go, Atzi? Smash the door? Try to draw them out? Burn the hut?"


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

If she finds no new entrance Atzi returns to the group to report here meager findings.

Atzi looks to Setebo and grimaces. "I had been saving the flame for this but I am down to my last few spells. I fear what may lie within doesn't rely on blades to do its fighting. Best we spread out and a strong arm break down the door."


There ia only one door to this cabin..it is surrounded on all three other sides by the jungle growth


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Oh! My bad bossman.

"As I said before, let us break it down. I would try but I am weak compared to you friend Setebo." She looks at Setebo sadly and emphasizes her small thin physique by flexing her weak arms.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4
Atzi wrote:

Oh! My bad bossman.

"As I said before, let us break it down. I would try but I am weak compared to you friend Setebo." She looks at Setebo sadly and emphasizes her small thin physique by flexing her weak arms.

Setebo grins and flexes his arms. Your hear the armor straps creak.

Mr. Wellard sir, I am assuming it has been 6 rounds and I am no longer fatigued?

"I will open the door friend Atzi."

Figuring Setebo in T,1. Perhaps someone to flank in S,1 with Cap'n in U or V,1 to attach with ranged or reach. See, shorter planning phase, I can be taught!

If that is good Setebo will open the door.

Ac vs trap AC18, touch AC 12, Flat foot ac 17. add 1 to normal and touch if not fatigued. Saves vs traps fort +5, ref+3, will+4. Add 1 to ref of not fatigued.

If the door does not open Setebo will try to force it.
STR check to force door 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 please add 1 if not fatigued. Oh well at least they're awake.


Setebo misjudges the strength off the door.

A screech like a monkey issues from inside..


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

"Hm, monkey." Caithan says simply.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"Wait, what if this is not a home, but a pen?" Helga warns. She passes the scimitar to Caithan. "Here, this is magic," she tells him as she takes out her bow and draws an arrow.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Tucking the sword into his belt prefering to keep hold of the longspear for now. He then moves next ot the man ape tiefling monster thing.

"Let's try this again old boy. Once more."

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Str check to aid setebo should add 3 to his check.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

BOOOO!!!!


I'll wait for Setebo before adding the necessary comment


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Setebo takes a few deep breaths and hurls himself at the door.

Not sure if still fatigued. Assuming not, can rework mods if I am incorrect in this.

Door vs. Setebo. Round 2 Fight!
strength check, aid. 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20
If that doesn't work it might be easier to go through a wall.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Frigid Touch 1d20 ⇒ 15

Damage to Door 4d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 3, 5) = 14

[ooc]If Setebo Fails[/ooc[

Atzi walks upto the door and steps around Setebo, for a moment her face was expressionless and then all of a sudden she took a deep breath and began focusing. After a few moments of chanting and focusing her mind, the air began to cool. Rapidly and an icy mist started to form around Atzi's hand despite the warm jungle temperature around everyone. As the ice continued to form Atzi brought her hand within about an inch of the offending door, holding it for a moment in a relaxed way before suddenly slamming it forward and clenching her hand into an icy fist before punching the door.

As she withdrew her hand it was easy to see that the door was damaged by her strike and icy was still melting down from the mark her impact left behind. Atzi staggers her way back to Quetza and leans heavily on him as she says. "That was the last of my strength..."

Osirion

Amisi looks at Atzi - too bad she doesn't have a spell to blast the door open. On the other hand - maybe good to preserve whatever magic she has left.


He's not fatigued..

The door bursts open under Setebo's hefty shove.Inside the building dimly lit by the embers of a dying fire and a series of screeches come from across the room sounding like a very angry small monkey.

What takes your attention more though is the glowing shape in the centre off the room as if something was solidifying out off thin air.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Well that was unexpected. Initiative I assume? Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Hmm not bad.

Not wasting time on words or thought or even on drawing a weapon Setebo leaps through the wreckage of the door and tires to land a left hook into the middle of whatever is coalessing. Attack, unarmed drawing aao. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25. Damage 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7hp nonlethal.


Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Natalyah looks into the room with suspicion and jerks when she sees the form materialize. "What are you? Identify yourself!" the half-elf demands as her fist tighten around the hilt of her blades.


Natalyah 22
Setebo 19
Atzi 17
Mystery Opponent 14
Caithen 11
Amisi 7
Helga 4


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Guess I'll wait to see what mystery opponent does.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi held her ground for the moment, watching quietly as she waited to see what happened next...

Delay

Quetza growled at the annoying monkey's shriek and hissed loudly before Atzi hushed him.


Setebo's blow whistles through the glowing red light which coalesces into a horribly misshapen form

A roiling wave of flesh gushes forward. Amid the fatty surge wriggle half-formed limbs and a dripping tumorous face.

2 claws at Setebo..both Miss

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Osirion

"Has anyone an idea if this is undead or a demon."

Knowledge Arcana or dungeoneering to identify the creature 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

unfortunately I fear planes or religion would be more useful.


Amisi

Spoiler:
It's a Lemure..the least of Devils..not surprising as you are dealing with Chelaxians here

Osirion

"I don't know much about this creature. But I'm sure if you hit it hard enough it will perish.

Casting Magic Missile from the bonded object and stepping back

Damage 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 = 6


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Sorry just posting an attack so you can move on.

Attack with longspear moving into cabin. Dog will whip around if possible to flank.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14+3 if flanking with dog.
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Caithen's spear thrust drws a foul Ichor from the thing but not as much as he would have thought. Amisi slams her Missiles into the beast and it gives a wordless howl of rage.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga takes aim at one of the summoners and lets fly:

Attack: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi gives a coarse oath and reaches for one of her short spears, hefting the light spear and assisting Setebo against the creature.

Aid Another Setebo - +2 Attack 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

This thing isn't out int he open is it?

She harries it by stabbing at it and driving it into Setebo's coming strike.

Quetza hangs back, confused and unable to get in close with his muzzle full of teeth, he is however content to protect Atzi from behind.


Round 1 (or 2), initiative 22
hp 23/28
ac 17, touch 14, flat-footed 13
cmd 17
effects: none

Natalyah enters the fray with her two blades flashing in the light of the fire.

If i'm within a 5ft move of the creature i'll full round attack, otherwise just use the first roll (without the -2 penalty))
Full round action to attack:
Main hand: 1d20 + 8 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 - 2 - 1 = 21 (-2 twf, -1 power attack. add +2 if i'm flanking), damage 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6 (+2 power attack)
Off hand: 1d20 + 8 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 2 - 1 = 9 (-2 twf, -1 power attack. add +2 if i'm flanking), damage 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4 (+1 power attack)

Atzi: why the -1 to aid? Shouldn't you add your BAB to the roll?


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Doh I need to run Atzi through hero lab again, I think some of her class abilities didn't go through correctly >.<; thanks Natalyah for noticing lol :)


Atzi herds the thing towards Setebo and Natalyah manages to tag it with her short sword but barely nicks it's blubbery hide.Even so the thing looks much the worse for wear already.

A shuffling sound from across the room draws your attention to an elderly woman who cackles madly as she watches..on her shoulder a scaberous monkey perches

She points her finger at Caithen and utters a gutteral phrase..and the monkey flings some poo at the group.

DC17 will save from Our Cavalier please.

Osirion

Round 1 was a magic missile - see Tuesday post.

Amisi casts a Daze on the cackling witch. DC Will 15

"I'm more or less out of spells - cut them down quickly."


Well we are still on Round 1 actually.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7will save.

This could be a problem.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Don't worry Cap't. I'll put you down with non-lethal if you get dominated

ready for round 2?

Not wanting to touch the dripping thing before him Setebo draws the rusty greatsword from over his shoulder. His claws grow as his hands close on the hilt.

Attack on gooey thing, rage 4/10: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19. Damage, whetstone: 2d6 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2) + 9 + 1 = 16.

"Put thy sword up, traitor,put up.
Who mak'st a show, but dar'st not strike, thy conscience is so possessed with guilt. Come from thy ward!
For I can here disarm thee with this stick, and make thy weapon drop."


Caithen begins to chuckle then laugh as if something really hilarious has just struck him..he falls to the ground holding his belly.

Setebo cuts the Hellish minion down


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi is done until round 2~ Or did I miss something?


ok some people got a little ahead off themseves here..the lemure is cut down on round two

Helga missed with her shot.

Save for the witch from round 1 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22..she laughs off the daze attempt.
Round 2

Natalyah 22..action taken..attacked Lemure
Setebo 19..action taken..cut down Lemure
Atzi 17
Aged Crone 14
Caithen 11..laughing..requires a second save.
Amisi 7
Helga 4

Osirion

Amisi picks up the weapon from Caithan in case he snaps out.

"Get yourself together - she is just tricking you. Setebo needs you."

Fully defensive (out of spells and I don't think it helps for her to go into meleed.)


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi, upon seeing the old hag, pushes past Setebo while lowering her short spear. "Wretched abomination, you dare deny the dead their rest! I will reduce you to ash along with your creations to save this jungle gfrom your evil!" As she spoke her hand frosted over, ice forming around her delicate fingers and when she finally closed the distance she swatted the old hag with a powerful icy blow!

Move - 30ft and to the witches left so that someone could come in and attack as well, If Atzi can ;)
SA: Frigid Touch - Melee Touch Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

-->Damage, Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance yes 4d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 6, 1) = 13


Caithen rolls around on the floor howling with laughter..

The old Witch screeches in counterpoint as she isrimed with frost.

She turns her evil eye on Atzi.

DC17 will save please


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Might be at this for quite a bit I'm afraid without any save boosts.


Caithen will be laughing for a further two rounds after this..

The will save was for Atzi


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4
Caithan Kalson wrote:
Might be at this for quite a bit I'm afraid without any save boosts.

Well at least you are enjoying yourself. Much worse spells to blow a save on. What is Rollo doing by the way?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Good question forgot all about him.

Rollo seeing his master rolling on the floor laughing simply decides to rip the witch to pieces.

Rollo will attempt to flank with whoever is currently engaged with her.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26Attack
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Damage

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 CMB to trip


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 Crit confirm.
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Crit damage


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Atzi's fiery rage pales when the witches Evil eye falls upon her...

"By the Great Mother..."


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Herlga draws back her bow and shoots at the witch:

Attack: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Rollo growls low in his throat then leaps at the old hag bearing her down under his weight..the monkey springs away screeching and gibbering as the big dog sinks his fangs into the witches throat.

Blood spurts and the woman flops weakly under Rollo..Helga's shot misses as she tries not to hit the dog

2,751 to 2,800 of 3,965 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.