Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull!

Game Master Wellard


2,651 to 2,700 of 3,968 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>

Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

AS the door gives, Helga is already casting, and a sheen of slippery ice from the frozen north coats the ground before the door where the cltrops lie. Grease, DC14.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4
Helga Evadottir Alfchild wrote:
AS the door gives, Helga is already casting, and a sheen of slippery ice from the frozen north coats the ground before the door where the caltrops lie. Grease, DC14.

Uh oh. I think Setebo and Amisi are covered in grease. This could get interesting. (cue Barry White)


Reflex save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

The man slips and falls on the ice amongst the caltrops.

Theres no hard and fast rule for this so I'm going to wing it. I'll make an attack roll vs a prone opponent and the number over the base to hit will be the number off caltrops that do damage.1d1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 vs AC8 means he lands on 5 of the sharpened spikes..

[ooc] I cant see how Setebo and Amisi were supposed to be hiding in that room..even in total darkness he would have seen you.Therefore I'm going to ask you to revise your position


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Easier to hide either side of the door outside, I suggest. The caltrops & ice will slow down and disrupt our foes as they come through, then the door will act as a choke point.

Osirion

Edit: standing next to the doorway Amisi lets a spell fly.

Amisi casts Hideous Laugther (DC 17 will save to negate) on the chief to ensure if he is down he will stay down - laughing and hopefully unnerving all the other cannibals.

Not sure when our GM wanted the spell to go off but to ensure there is no going back it seems fitting if he will be rolling and laughing on the ground. Would explain the multiple caltrops ;-)
Need to check a map to see where it makes sense Amisi is. It is sufficient if she is somewhere with line of sight.


Will Save1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

The Savage chieftain howls with laughter and rolls over more Caltrops.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 another 4 damage from the spikes.

Now we go to initiative.

Cannibal Chief 22+
Setebo 22
Amisi 21
Caithen 17+
Tower Cannibals 17
Helga 8

Will save #2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Reflex save1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

The Chieftain stops laughing and manages to get off the ice..and that is it for him this round...sigh Cue Setebo and his spear.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Actually aren't I borrowing his spear? Or do we have two longspears?


Cue Setebo anyway


If Natalyah able to hear the commotion with a take 10 on perception (10 + 13 = 23, +2 if favored terrain applies)? If so...

Natalyah peers her ears as she hears the sounds of battle at the lighthouse. "There is fighting at the tower. Come on, you've done enough", she tells Atzi and starts running towards the middle of the village.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4
DM Wellard wrote:


I cant see how Setebo and Amisi were supposed to be hiding in that room..even in total darkness he would have seen you.Therefore I'm going to ask you to revise your position

Hmmm I thought total darkness and giving him/them a target to focus on would be enough, but I am cool with moving. Consider Setebo out of sight aroung the corner in I,9. Oh and the cap'n is using Setebo's spear.

Round 1 Init 22. Hp 32 ac18 12 touch.
Ok assuming E&F, 11&12 are iced. That puts our punctured friend in E F or G, 10 with a small chance he's in G,11. The following assumes row 10.

Setebo steps around the corner (Move to I,10) drawing and throwing a javelin with one smooth motion.

Attack, assuming there is someone between me and the target:1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 4 = 16 . Please deduct an additional 4 if the target is still prone. I am not sure if he is standing or not. Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5. Minimum damage! Next time I'll try using the pointy end.

Osirion

Amisi looks suprised - she didn't assumed the chief of the savages would get off the ice and caltrops that easily. But if he had no humor - maybe he knew fear.

Amisi streches out a hand towards him

Cause Fear - DC16 Will save

"Setebo - I try to get him back onto the ice and away from us."


He is standing, Setebo's Javelin scores a glancing hit.

Will save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16..The chieftain is obviously a man of stern mind and ignores the spell.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Don't suppose I can get a map can I? Need to know whether I can circle round him wiht the bad dog and flank.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi watches the hut for a moment more before following Natalyah, she asked Quetza to follow her once more. She motioned to the Dragon and hoped he would remain following as well.


at present he's just inside the door of the outbuilding to the lighthouse.


This IS the internet you know ... Alegedly human Expert (IT) 5/Ninja 3/Witch 7

No maps until tomorrow, posting on laptop


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Well on this map I am pretty sure the chief is in G,10. Setebo is in I,10. Not sure where other folks are other than the casters being within about 30' of D,11 or so and you somewhere on row 10 playing decoy. If any of that helps.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Bump


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

So it doesn't look like I can flank then. No worries.

Swift: Caithan Challenges the big guy.
Move: Move to where I can stabbify him.

Standard: Stabbify him.

+1 bonus to attack rolls on this guy for my allies while I threaten.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20Furious Focus
1d8 + 3 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 6 + 3 = 20


The chieftain grunts as Caithen stabs him viciously he looks down at the wound wipes his hand over it and smears his own blood on his chest roaring in the Chaelaxians face.

The women in the tower try and cross the spiked ice the first to do so falls her 'friends' then use her as a stepping stone to cross the obstacle leaving her body pierced and comatose on the slippery surface.

However you have them penned inside the building with no clear targets.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga starts singing again. +1 attacks, damage & saves. I'm back home, can we have a summary of positions and I'll get a map together.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Could be wrong but I think Chief in in G,10. With an unknown number of women in F&E,10. Caithan attacked the chief with a reach weapon he is in I, 10 or 11. Since Setebo is in I,10 that puts him in I,11. You and Amisi are probably in J&K,9 as you need to be with in ~30' of E,11 and have line of sight on it for the spells to have worked.
.
Not sure where Atzi and OLoB are. If OLoB heard the fighting then they are both a full (double?) move from the southernmost building heading back up the path to the main compound. Somewhere in the area of T,10 unless I miscounted.
.
Not sure about Quetza, Rollo or the Dragon.


Put women in F10 and E 10 and two more still back in the lighthouse unable to maneuver past the ice even with the 'stepping stone'


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Placed Helga & Ammisi in K10 & K11 respectively, Rollo in H12. The 'ice' should cover E10, E11, F10 & F11, the caltrops are in E11. Are the women still in F10 and E10, as they will require Reflex saves to stay standing there?


Women in G11 and 12 then


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Updated Map

Still not sure of where Natalyah and Atzi and their menagerie are.


Neither is Natalyah :) I think we where around U03 when the fighting started. If Natalyah heard the fight break out (still not confirmed if she did, perception check here) her stated action was to run towards the tower. If i remember correctly you must go in a straight line to take the run action so i'm guessing that it will be a double move, then i should be somewhere around T11 (assuming i started at U03)


That would be about right.


This IS the internet you know ... Alegedly human Expert (IT) 5/Ninja 3/Witch 7

Updated Map (again)

Hope this one is OK. Helga is singing, who's action next?

Osirion

Amisi casts Flaming Sphere at F11 and let the sphere roll to the woman NE of F11.

Damage 3d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 5) = 8 Reflex DC 17 to negate


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

It's a bad day for this chieftain. Caithan stabbed the hell out of him and if he pushes foward he's going to walk into a nasty meatgrinder.


Reflex save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Trapped by the flames the woman burns.

Round two

Cannibal Chief 22+
Setebo 22
Amisi 21
Natalyah 19
Caithen 17+
Tower Cannibals 17
Helga 8+
Atzi 8

The chief rages steps inside the spear point and slices at Caithen with his scimitar..this weapon is not damaged like the others indeed it gleams as if new in the fire light..he also tries to bite the Chelaxians face.

Scimitar1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30 Damage1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Bite 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Damage1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Osirion

Amisi looks at Setebo as he is sliced open and rues that she has targeted one of the women. But so far he seems pretty much unaffected by her magic anyway and better to ensure the men are free to concentrate on the worst thread.

Just checked as I got lost but the Flaming Sphere was Amisi action round 2.


As was pointed out I forgot The Crit Confirmation

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 Damage 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Caithen goes down [on -4 HP]

Well that changes things a bit

Osirion

Oops - I thought it was Setebo who had been targeted.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Relax, he has the Viking healer behind him! Let's hope Setebo can nail him...


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Round 2 Init 22

Current raging stats:
Rage: AC 16. Touch AC 10. Flatfooted AC 14. Saves, Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +6, CMB +9 CMD 19/17ff,hp 38 half 19

"CapT'RAGGH! Activating rage round 1 of 10.

not sure if Setebo can get flank with Rollo. Of Chiefie moved into H,11 to attack the Capt'n then Setebo will 5 foot to H,10 and attack. Otherwise he will simply attack from where he stands.

With a feral yell Setebo launches himself at the chieftan.
Attack claw one, song; 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 1 = 11 Damage, song;1d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8 slashing damage. Well that was embarassing.
.
Attack claw 2, song; 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14 Damage, song;1d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10 slashing damage. Ah obviously Setebo is stunned with grief. I doubt even adding the flanking from Rollo will save those rolls.


Round 2, initiative 19
ac 17, touch 14, fleet-footed 13
fort +5, ref +4, will +0
cmd 19
hp 23/28
effects:

Natalyah continues her rush towards the battle, jumping over the dead savages and other obstacles with a catlike grace. "Helga, help him!" Natalyah demands has she runs to confront the remaining savages.

Double move to I12


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4
DM Wellard wrote:

As was pointed out I forgot The Crit Confirmation

1d20+12 Damage 1d6+8
Caithen goes down [on -4 HP]

Well that changes things a bit

Gee thanks guys. Ironically if Wellard had noticed it the second roll would have been a missed confirm followed by a nasty but survivable bite. :P


Male Orc Expert 5

And a wasted challenge too *sigh*. Let's see if wonder mutt can salvage this.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Trip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 vs cmd


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

*flips table, hurls coke, strips off shirt, runs outside punches random stranger and runs raging into the woods*


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Ow!

Hey I didn't know you lived in Seattle Caithan!


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Now now, these dudes are butt naked with regard to armour, and this one is raging too. You may have bit him, and Setebo may well have scored hits.


I should have said the Cheiftain has a sheild as well..however as the flank with Rollo was good

Setebo slashes the chief across the chest with one claw then the other and he collapses over Caithen.

Rollo lunges in and tears out his throat.

CDG from Rollo does 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 5) + 6 = 13 taking him to -25 more than enough to kill him

The women shriek in anger and rush from the building one of them severely scorched.They attack Rollo and Setebo.

The two in the Lighthouse. make it to where their 'sisters' had been previously

Rollo 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Setbo 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Miss


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

gettign confused over arder action, but I think Amisi's flaming sphere acts before Helga, but it won't effect her.

Helga darts in and uses her wand on Caithan.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

She then grabs the dead chieftain's sword, prepared to use it to defend herself or Caithan.


Just Atzi to go for this round


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi, hearing the sounds of fighting continue moving towards the sounds as she hoped to get close enough to give aid.

MA: Move to 12-Q 30 ft move.
SA: Depending on whether or not she has line of sight on the door Atzi will summon Flaming sphere and try and plug the doorway with the sphere so that the others can recover. If not it will appear in I-12, Near enough for her to adjust it next round.


Atzi has line of sight

Round three

Setebo 22
Amisi 21
Natalyah 19
Caithen 17+ Rollo still fighting
Tower Cannibals 17
Helga 8+
Atzi 8


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Updated Map.


need to make a save for that woman in the doorway then don't I
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 she dodges Atzi's Sphere.

2,651 to 2,700 of 3,968 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.