Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull!

Game Master Wellard


2,601 to 2,650 of 3,968 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

It's becoming obvious to Helga and Amisi that the main action isn't going to come anywhere close to them..at present you can't see any off your comrades.


Round 5
Natalyah 26
Cannibal Boss 21
Setebo 20+ third round of spiking.
Helga 20
Skeletons 16
Amisi 15
Tower savages 14
Caithen* 12
Atzi 10
Savages Group 2..4

*Recieving benefit from Helgas Song

Natalyah removes another skeleton.

The voices on the other side of the door from Setebo quieten then footsteps are heard coming down the stairs. The door is tugged but the spike is almost driven home and the door hardly moves.

In his turn Setebo finally drives the spike fully home.

The skeletons try and fight back

Natalyah1d20 ⇒ 19 Damage1d6 ⇒ 5

Dragon1d20 ⇒ 7

Dragon1d20 ⇒ 12

Grand Lodge

Amisi turns to Helga - "Should we join the others - I'm concerned."

The second sleep will be lost - Amisi waits for a reply from Helga and might then move or double move.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"Aye. It's time," Helga replies between her song.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Round 5, initiative 10

Atzi is still holding onto her Burning Sphere, Amisi was using hers earlier but it may have ran out by now and My Produce Flame spell is out :(

continued to fight fearlessly, two of the dead were removed and the others would fall in short order. The Dragon snapped savagely at its nearest opponent and Quetza continued to guard Atzi's back as she flung another small ball of flame at her undead opponents.

The Dragons Actions
MA: use a Move Action to reach another annoying skeleton if he needs to
SA: Dragon Bite Attack at nearest opponent 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Confirm? 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

--->Damage Normal 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
--->Crit Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Atzi's Action

SA: Attack different skeleton (if any remain) with Produced Flame - Ranged Touch Attack 0/3 remaining 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

--->Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

As her flame caught one of the nearby skeletons in its empty eye socket, the Dragon snapped off several rib bones off its nearest opponent. The fight was finally going there way and with Natalyah's help they had thankfully avoided injury. So far the entire battle appeared to be going there way and victory looked assured. The Savages will fall... As she finished her thought the flames that had danced along her hand burned out, its energy expended.


Amisi and Helga move down from the tower..please let me know where they are heading for.

Over at the Skeleton Pen the Dragon annihilates a fourth Skeleton and Atzi burns a fifth.

Only one of the undead remains.

In the Tower a clamour of female voices rises seemingly in encouragement for whoever is beating on the door

Caithen and Rollo to finish the round..as the fights are effectively seperate I'm not too concerned about posting the results in order.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga will aim for K-19 if she can squeeze through L-19, or as close as one movement will take her so she can stay ready to shoot. If that way is completely blocked she will go around the other side of the big house toward S-18.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Caithan is surprised by the sudden power nd ferocity his cornered foes and tkes the injuries with a grunt. But only smiles.

Infernal:
"Ha! I like the cut of your mustard!"

Dropping his longspear and drawing his greatsword he sweeps it across his foes in one fluid motion decapitating his enemies with well honed and taken care of steel.

"DOWN WITH THE SPAWN OF THE THRICE DAMNED HOUSE!"

Cleave
1st
1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 = 24+4 if I can get flank with Rollo
2d6 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 15 Damage

2nd
1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27+4 if can get flank with Rollo
2d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 4) + 6 + 1 = 15

1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18 Crit confirm
2d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 5) + 6 + 1 = 18 Crit Damage

Rollo
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14+4 if can get flanking with Caithan
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Trip if Hit
CMB
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Round 6, initiative 26
ac 17, touch 14, fleet-footed 13
cmd 19
hp 28/28
effects:

Natalyah unleashes a flurry of attacks against the remaining skeleton, but her weapons are unsuited for the dry bones of her foe. The slashes leave nicks and scratches but not much more.

Full round action to attack the remaining skeleton:
Main hand (mwk short sword): 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 1 = 15 (-1 power attack), damage 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7 (+2 power attack)
Off hand (magic dagger): 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 1 = 12 (-1 power attack), damage 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5 (+1 power attack)


Caithen cuts down his two opponents(the second blow cleaving his target from neck to crotch) and Rollo seriously wounds a third.

The two remaining savages in the hut hack back in desperation but to little effect.

Caithen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Rollo1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Round 6, initiative 10

As the last remaining skeleton fought with the Dragon, it overstepped and found its femur caught in the Dragons powerful maw and with a single snapping bite the skeleton fell to the earth. The foul magic that gave it life fled before the druid and her companions and she stood unscathed by the abomination that had once dwelled in the pen. She turned and looked at Natalyah. "Thanks for the help Friend but what were you yelling about?"

The Dragons Actions
MA: use a Move Action to reach another annoying skeleton if he needs to
SA: Dragon Bite Attack at nearest opponent 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Confirm? 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

--->Damage Normal 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
--->Crit Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Atzi Actions
Total Defense +4 AC

Quetza Action
Continue Guarding Atzi (+2 AC to Atzi?)

As she waited for Natalyah to respond she looked about, past the Pen a path winded into the brush, another savage hut perhaps? Another corpse to add to this slaughter. "And to think we thought they would be a challenge, even with abominations within their village, we crush them. This land will be cleansed of this vile presence..."


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Round 6 Inititiave 20+

As the stout door rattles and the voices byond rise in frustration. Setebo takes a moment to admire his hammer-work before turning away from the tower and running back into the village square.

One building is in flames and Atzi and Our lady seem to be near the compound entrance. From here they do not appear to be in distress.

The mishappen sailor begins to head towards them when some choice infernal invective powered by the Captain's powerful lungs wafts out from one of the buildings. Turning towards the sound Setebo heads for the captain.

Double move to O,11 returning hammer to shoulder bag as I do so.


Dabbler can you update the map please..

Setebo can hear the sounds of hacking at the door as he leaves the lighthouse guardroom.

Charming the Shiv Dragon seems to have paid off


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Guessing at some positions here as people are all over the place and inside buildings, but I am guessing this is OK. Have assumed Ammisi will move around the building toward the rest of the group.

Updated Camp Map


Caithen and Rollo should be further to the northwest corner off the hut other than that it's ok


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Bump

Yep using that slot to have Charm Animal has paid off immensely, the Shiv Dragon proves to be one tough customer and although Quetza isn't getting any actions it makes it nice that so far none of Atzi and her animal gang have been injured. =) This Preemptive Strike is paying off hugely and although it took a lot of planning it is paying off!

DM wellard did my Entangle spell ever go off or did that get missed? If so I will just retain the spell slot then as I assumed more savages were running across the yard at our company. :)


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Who's up?


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Were in Round 6 so I think you, Amisi and Helga are left to go. The map is supposed to be updated so check your position :).


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga has moved herself into a new position (see map). She will try and stay concealed there, watching the door until her turn.


If Caithen and Rollo can post we can finish this round up I think.

Grand Lodge

If Amisi still can move - then she double moves to p13.

"Setebo - what is happening - all the noise of fighting - but I seem to got confused as I can't spot any targets and then Helga also disappeared.

The Flaming Sphere was out (didn't have a target) and couldn't held on to sleep. Still a few spells left but I need to see anyone.


The building that Amisi ran her sphere against is now burning merrily increasing the light levels significantly.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Bump?


OK fed up waiting

1st strike1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 Crit confirm 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Damage 1 4d6 + 15 ⇒ (2, 6, 3, 5) + 15 = 31

Cleave 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 Damage 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 2) + 8 = 13

Caithen cuts down the two last savages in the hut.

Taking you out off initiative as this stage of the combat is over.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

As the village burns, Helga takes advantage of the shadows cast and advances to M13, keeping the doorway covered.

"We seem to have dealt with everyone out here," she remarks to the others. "Is anyone hurt?"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Sorry it's beena hectic weekend.

Caithan leaves the hut cut and bruised but otherwise beaming and leaving behind a number of dead savages. He retrieves the longspear and sheathes the sword after a cursory cleaning to prevent rust.

"I've taken wounds but nothing life threatening. Rollo as well. Had a bit of spit left in them afterall! Ha!"


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga uses two charges from her wand to reduce injuries:

Caithan: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Rollo: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


"Are you finished?" Natalyah snaps at Atzi. "If you want to spring more enemies on us then do it when we're finished here.We're not here to explore!" She looks at the cut on her arm and content that it's only a minor wound she ignores it and heads back to the center of the village.

She arrives just in time as the group gathers around the firepit. "Is that all?" she asks half in battle anger, half in surprise.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"I think there's more in the tower. Here," Helga uses another charge from her wand on Natalyah's arm.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4
Natalyah Melethiell wrote:

"Are you finished?" Natalyah snaps at Atzi. "If you want to spring more enemies on us then do it when we're finished here.We're not here to explore!" She looks at the cut on her arm and content that it's only a minor wound she ignores it and heads back to the center of the village.

She arrives just in time as the group gathers around the firepit. "Is that all?" she asks half in battle anger, half in surprise.

Atzi ignores Natalyah's scolding and responds calmly like a teacher with a fussy child. "No, Are You finished child? Or shall you waste time with your pouting? I am off to find what lies beyond stay or begone..." As Natalyah stalks off Atzi shook her head. "She gets worse by the moment... I fear I will lose my patience Quetza and what of you Dragon?" The dragon merely tastes the air and hisses at the things that had attacked it. Atzi chuckles. "Yes, quite filthy aren't they?"

Atzi pushes through the area where the skeletons were, following the trail to the backside of the savages camp. She strokes the Dragons head and pats Quetza encouragingly as they continue forward, she pulls out a couple pieces of jerky and feeds it to the pair of saurians. As she rounds the bend to investigate the hut she was cool calm and collected, prepared to meet more resistance but unsure of what other horrors lie within this village. "My Braves boys, let us push on and seek what lies in darkness..."

I am the mother wrath, I am her cleansing touch and I am here to freeze the dark heart of these terrible people so that something pure can grow again...

She waved Quetza ahead of her and as he complied eagerly she hoped that she hadn't committed him to his death...

Heading to W-03 with Quetza leading the way.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

"Thank you Helga-Hey Atzi! Where do you think you're going woman! Stay with the rest of us! We've much to do yet and many enemies yet to slay!"


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi wasn't in the caring mood at that point, she wanted to be away from Natalyah. The childish elf had pushed her too far and out of everyone Atzi and her party had been doing just fine on their own. There we are in the way, here we are making our own way. She also wasn't leaving anything to chance and slaughtering a bunch of weaker savages was making her sick. She felt something pulling her this way, she intended to know who and what summoned those abominations.

Quetza and the Dragon didn't care which way they went, Quetza continued to lead and the Dragon followed its new friend, despite its growing hesitation as to how much trouble its friend was getting it in...


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

As we are out of rounds Setebo will take a mo' and grab the javelin he dropped ealier.

As Atzi storms Setebo looks confused for a moment before turning to the Captain. "I battened the door into the main tower. Someone is trying to hack their way out but the door is strong. They don't sound too happy but there are only one or two of them. Should I go with Atzi? Whatever made those bones get up may still be here."


Slight retcon since Atzi didn't follow

"Child?", Natalyah says almost unable to muster the selfcontrol to keep her voice down. "We have a plan and our group is in the middle of the village", she continues and starts to walk back. Natalyah stops half way back to the firepit when she notices that Atzi isn't following but delving deeper into the back of the village. A curse in elven is spoken before the half-elf turns back and stalks after Atzi. She slides up silently next to the druid and watches hut for signs of movement.

I guess Helga's healing on Natalyah is void


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Looks Like I'm staying with you Tarkxt. Care to check out a) the burning building, b)the freestanding hut near the center or c) let whoumever is in the tower out and see what is, as they say what. Or we could follow the angry half-elf. Setebo will follow.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Welllllll, I can't say that I care for this little hissy fit of the women's particularly when something large and angry is banging on the door.

"Desna forgive the fickleness of the female race!" Caithan says as he's blatantly ignored. "We can't let an enemy come upon us from behind." Turning to the others he says. "Perhaps we can lay ina surprise for them?"

Caithan will lay down a bag of Caltrops in front of the door. Any other surprises we want to leave for them?


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"I still have spells a plenty," Helga grins. "It's been a fine night so far. Let's not spoil it by getting ourselves killed."

Helga is standing ready to cast grease on the exit from the building that abuts the tower.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

So Caithen and setebo will move to the door to the tower where the captain will spread his welcome gift in E-11 I expect. Helga and Amisi, are you coming with us or going with the argument and the giant lizard?

In a low voice,"Captain it is still dark in here. I can hide. Who ever breaks through will see the open outer door (at G-10) with you visable through it. They go for you and we attack them from both sides. If they notice me you and Rollo come through the open door." Setebo looks a little sheepish as he asks.."A good plan?"


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Grease is my FAVORITE spell, especially against golems :O!

Also the healing would still be valid as you weren't that far from Helga and we were out of combat phase, Nyar~ So Helga could have easily walked up and healed you before you ran off. ;)

Atzi watches the hut for a moment before waving Natalyah back. "Let those with swords handle swords, an abomination summoned those dead things back to life. I won't wait for them to strike first. Stay back and let me draw whatever is in the hut out."

With Quetza leading Atzi heads straight for the hut, moving as quietly as she can.

Stealth 1d20 ⇒ 1
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Oh boy, thats gonna hurt.....


Yeh..nothing gets SR vs Grease..web is my second favourite

Despite Atzi's abysmal attempts to move silently there seems to be no reaction from the huts occupants..


Natalyah grimaces with each rustle of noise Atzi makes as she moves forward. She wakes the entire jungle but still she insists of venturing alone, she thinks to herself. Ignoring the druid's words Natalyah sneaks past Quetza and Atzi up to the wall (right beside the door if there is one). She motions the druid to be quiet and listens.

Perception check to hear what's behind the door: 10 + 13 = 23 if i can take ten, otherwise take this roll 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18. Add +2 if favored terrain jungle applies and another +2 if my favored enemy humans applies.


Both apply not that it had any effect on a DC27 roll..I'm getting quite strict about perception nowadays..Dont worry the perception DC to hear Atzi blundering about was something like 42

Natalyah hears nothing..


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi waves for Quetza to stop and proceeds forward alone. Trying to find an opening, like a window or an offset in the hut' front door.

Perception is +9

My earlier perception was to watch for traps, since the savages are trappers I didn't want to step into a rusty bear trap lol. Next time I will add that description in my action DM. ;)


The building has no windows and seems to be better built than the other huts in the village.You suspect it made from ships timbers.

Osirion

Amisi stays close to Setebo - feeling safe to be next to him.


So there's no way in from our side?


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi pulls out a tindertwig and lights it, followed by another as she sets a small flame against the outside of the hut. She pulls back several steps keeping her distance from Quetza, Natalyah and the Dragon as she waits for the tindertwigs to light up the old ship timbers.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Caithan does as Setebo suggests and waits calmly for the behemoth behind the door to tire himself out and walk headlong into his waiting spear, a grease trap, and dozens of sharp metal bits on his likely bare feet. Then if he manages to survive that Rollo and Setebo would tear him limb from limb. Nicely done all things considered.

Caithan grumbled. "Going to have to have a chat with those damnable women later on. Present company excluded. Which I think is the whole point."


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Setebo crouches beside Amisi in the corner of the room furthest from the tower door. His concerns about Atzi and Natalyah mingle with the faint whisps of smoke sneaking through the wall behind him. His anxiety grows as the old tower door begins to crack....

So helga Cathain and Rollo near the open outer door to the compound with omne of them in plain sight from the tower door. Setebo and Amisi hidden in the darkness of the room containing the door to the tower. We are in the corner furthest from the tower door and outside the area of the soon-to-be cast grease spell. Correct and good to go.


While Atzi tries to burn down the house with a couple of matches Setebo watches the door weaken steadily.It takes almost a minute (9rnds) for the area around where he had set the spike to be hacked through.

Cannibal Chief 22+
Setebo 22
Amisi 21
Caithen 17+
Tower Cannibals 17
Helga 8

The door bursts open and a massively built man leaps out straight into the Caltrops

Caltrop attack1d20 ⇒ 8

Somehow he manages to avoid stepping on one and dashes outside.

Ok as you guys were ready for this I'll allow your casters one spell each before we go into initiative proper

2,601 to 2,650 of 3,968 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.