Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull!

Game Master Wellard


2,551 to 2,600 of 3,960 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>

Caithen fells the remaining Savage.

Voices are raised inside the large hut


Round 2, initiative 26
hp 28/28
ac 17, touch 14, fleet-footed 13
cmd 19
effects:

Natalyah avoids eye contact with the impaled savage as she kicks the slumped body away to free her blade. Racting to the voices coming from inside the hut she runs next to the door and prepares to end whoever opens it.

Move action to N14 or K09 (depending if the voices are coming from the northmost hut or the south westmost hut)
Standard action to ready an action to strike the first person do open the door: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 1 = 17 (-1 for power attack, add +2 if my target is a human) , damage 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7 (+2 for power attack, add +2 if my target is a human)

I'll be MIA until wensday. DMPC me if necessary.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Round 1 - Ini 10

Atzi raises her hands and looks towards the hut where the savage had emerged, she called to the spirits of nature to aid her. As she focused the plants beneath Natalyah and Setebo's feet began to writhe and then suddenly the plants try to latch onto their feet. Grabbing and snapping aggressively at them, the corpses on the ground were quickly covered by the weeds they had once stomped on in life...

Cast Entangle in L-11 - 40ft Radius

Natalyah - Reflex 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Setebo - Reflex 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Setebo and Natalyah were more quick footed then the writhing plant life, as they both dodge the plants Atzi sighed in relief. That could have been... troublesome.

Round 2 - Ini 10

With her right hand still bathed in flames, she stood her ground, ready to toss her flame at the next savage to emerge from the surrounding huts. Readied action- Attack action - Ranged Touch, 120ft range 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Uses remaining 3/3 unless used in round 2 with 2.5+ mins left in duration.


ROUND 2

Natalyah 26
Setebo 20+
Helga 20
Amisi 15
Caithen 12
Savages group 1..11
Atzi 10
Savages Group 2..4

Let's see..Surprise round some Savages realise they have company, Round one they stand up and gather weapons whilst calling to their bretheren to wake up.. so it's Round two..Move action to door..combat action to open door..free action to look at Natalyah in pained surprise as she rams her sword into his gut.

Basically as that doesn't happpen till count 4 you guys have a free round.

Amisi you didnt really have line of sight on the last savage for a sleep spell last round


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga scans for any sign of life from the North hut below the tower with an arrow notched. Readied action: shoot any target of opportunity.

Which door is Natalyah at? The South hut or the North hut?


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

round 3, Ini 10

Atzi moves to the south, her pair of companions in tow as she moved to the southern hut. Quetza gave a low hiss as they approached the door and the Dragon snapped its tail in annoyance as it left its warm spot to follow its new friend. With her animal companions gathered around her Atzi threw open the door to the hut and looked to see what was inside.

Atzi Move to T-11, Quetza Move to T-12, Dragon move to U-11
SA: Open hut door.


it has to be the north hut..which is the only hut you are by..as I said earlier the southwest structure is a stockade.

Atzi throws open the door of the stockade and four skeletons lurch at her from the shadows.

ROUND 2

Natalyah 26
Setebo 20+
Helga 20
Skeletons 16
Amisi 15
Caithen 12
Savages group 1..11
Atzi 10
Savages Group 2..4


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Round 2

"Watch the door capt'n!"
Steebo moves rapidly across the compound returning the javelin to its quiver as he nears the door the now dead savages came through. With a look back at his friends he passes through the door and into the unknown.

Setebo in the dark! Dm only please:

Double move to E,11 assuming no suprises. Setebo has enough movement to count the door at G,10 as difficult terrain. Once past door at G,10 Stebo will look aroud the room hoping to see a door into the tower. If it is there and there are no suprises he will move to it resheathing his sabre as he crosses the room.

Note I as a player know the door to the tower is there. It is on the map and all. Setebo only knows that there is no entrance to the tower from the compound and that three savages came out of the only building abutting the tower. Given that these savages were alert they were probably guards and given the building placement what they were guarding was likely the entrance to the tower. At the very least it makes the building worth a look.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Whoops my bad there DM. Sorry ^^;


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"Atzi, watch the stockade doors and ready your sleeping spell, if we get more than we can handle it will be from there," Helga murmurs, holding her bow drawn taught.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Sorry, meant to say Ammisi above!

Grand Lodge

Amisi waits for her spell to see targets emerge.

She couldn't cast last round as sleep takes a full round. So for this spell she wasn't targeting at all. I assumed (?) that the targeting comes last - so this would be up to the end of this round if she delays. There is the danger it fizzles if no target at all shows up.
But please correct if you want it to be played differently.


I'll allow her to 'hold the charge' for three rounds (1 rnd/lvl) indeed I think I'll make that a house rule.

Setebo enters the structure and does indeed find a door into the thick walled lighthouse..it stands open and he can hear an urgent voice from inside the building though he cannot make out the words.

NB the Skeletons won't be acting properly till round 3.


Male Orc Expert 5

Sorry to be so demanding I just tend to be very visual. Could I get an updated map of this chaos?


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Round 3.

With a feral grin splittong his scarred face setebo quietly closes the door and, removing a thick iron spike and a heavy wooden mallet from his shoulder bag, sets about making sure this door will not open any time soon.

Spike door at E,11 to prevent it from opening. If there is time Setebo will also check the room for large objects to block the door with.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

I was waiting for an update on Caithan's position, but here is the map so far.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4
Helga Evadottir Alfchild wrote:
I was waiting for an update on Caithan's position, but here is the map so far.

Nice work.

Remember the Skeletons menacing Atzi and the scaly brigade.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Blah now we've gone and spread our defenses a touch thin. Blah and I can't get over to atzi to shut that door.

Still roaring in infernal Caithan catchs Setebo and Atzi spreading their defensive line too thin. Assuming I notice the sksletons."Atzi! Shut and bar that door! We can deal with them later! Let's just hope they don't know how to open doors...

Caithan and Rollo will ready an action to stabify the first enemy that comes within sight.


Setebo it will take 4 rounds to properly spike the door.

Atzi will not be able to bar the door before the skellies act, however....

Seeing Atzi threatened the Shiv dragon utters a loud hiss and moves to engage the undead.

Lizard Bite.1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Anmd this is the point where the savages inside the hut try and exit..as stated above the first one gets Nat's sword in the gut.Caithen may attack him also or set Rollo on him.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

As the savage steps through the door way Caithan stabs for the throat as the dog leaps on him baring terrible fangs.

Infernal:
"Fear the wrath of mighty Thrune! Let all traitor's be dragged to hell for a period of servitude no less than an eternity and a day!"

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Attack
1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 Damage

Rollo
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Attack
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Damage
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 CMB to trip


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4
DM Wellard wrote:
Setebo, it will take 4 rounds to properly spike the door.

Ah... then these questions become quite important.

1.Are the door and wall or floor studry enough to make spiking an option? If we are talking flimsy bamboo a'la Gilligan's Island then the spike option is off the table and we are left with the barricade option.
2. Does the door open towards Setebo? If it does then spiking becomes a berrter option as Setebo could try to hold the door closed while he works.
3. Speaking of the barricade option. Anything in this room I could use?


The door is the original Lighthouse door a heavy wooden construction..it opens inwards.There is nothing in the room that would make an effective barricade

Nat stabs the guy and Rollo rips a huge chunk out off his thigh.He collapses in a shower of blood.You can see 5 other savages in the hut..3 are in the process of rising and the other two are picking up weapons.

ROUND 3

Natalyah 26
Setebo 20+
Helga 20
Skeletons 16
Amisi 15
Caithen 12
Atzi 10
Savages Group 2..4

The building that Amisi had her Flaming sphere against will be well alight by the end off this round


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4
DM Wellard wrote:

The door is the original Lighthouse door a heavy wooden construction..it opens inwards.There is nothing in the room that would make an effective barricade

Nat stabs the guy and Rollo rips a huge chunk out off his thigh.He collapses in a shower of blood.You can see 5 other savages in the hut..3 are in the process of rising and the other two are picking up weapons.

Thanks for the answers DM! Setebo will spike the door. Which i suppose makes his next 3 rounds pretty simple. Barring suprises of course.


Round 3, initiative 26
ac 17, touch 14, fleet-footed 13
cmd 19
hp 28/28
effects:

Natalyah retrieves her sword from the belly of her opponent then backs away next to the firepit to draw out the savages within the hut. Eventhough her focus is on her degenerate foes inside the building she can't help to notice the skeletons swarming out from the stockade. "Holtit tyët! Medân olsi pitënt sito sint jâttea sint leirie, kune vo opa hallitmaan itseâsi!" she snarls at Atzi. Her latest encounter with the skinless undead and she curses herself for not having the foresight of grabbing Uchendu's mace before moving out of camp.

Elven:

Reckless girl! We should have tied you up and left you at camp, until you can learn to control yourself!

Move action to N11
Standard action to ready an attack against the first enemy to move adjacent to me: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 1 = 18 (-1 power attack, add +2 if my target is human), 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7 (+2 power attack, add +2 if my target is human)


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Poke, poke, scrounge. Nyarr~?


Damn, you ninjaed my *bump* with 3 minutes :(


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga is still watching for targets. Currently none in sight.


The skeletons hack ineffectually at the 'Dragon'

1d20 ⇒ 11

1d20 ⇒ 7

1d20 ⇒ 2

1d20 ⇒ 9

Amisi Caithen and Atzi to post.


Anyone out there?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Will post when I get home. Sorry I think we missed your last post.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Internet has been hell at work! But I am here! AWAY WE GO AGAIN!

Atzi grimaced as the skeletons continued to hack at her new ally and then she got angry, the smell of this village. The horrible things they done and the dead things they kept finally pushed her over the edge. She ignored Natalyah's shouting, as she hadn't seen a savage yet and the killing was widespread. Besides Natalyah She raised her right hand and her eyes took on a savage glow. "Kubwa Mama, Nipe nguvu ya kusafisha nchi ya viumbe hivyo!"

Polygot:

Great Mother, give me the strength to cleanse the earth of these creatures!

SA: Dragon - Bit attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

SA: Throw Produce Flame at Skeleton 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Quetza Remained close by as Atzi tossed a ball of flame at the nearest skeleton. The Dragon didn't stand idly by as its enemies assailed it and it bit and snapped at them ferociously.

Osirion

Amisi waits for the savages to show themselves in numbers.

Sorry - was pretty out of action for two days. Was looking here occasionally but couldn't spot good targets and rather wait.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Noticing that Atzi might need some aid against this new foe Caithan yells back to Natalayah. "No worries about this bunch see who else needs a hand! I'll keep this pathetic lot off your backs! HAAAAA!!!"

Action:

Caithan.

Move towards nearest group of sleepy savage. Cleave either the pair picking up weapons or the nearest available. Also Power Attacking. Can't pinpoint spot without updated map.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 First Attack
1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 Damage

If second attack hits.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Second attack at adjacent foe.
1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 Damage

Rollo:

Rollo will pad over to one of the savages who was just trying to get up on the opposite side at caithans command and rip him to pieces.

Goal is to see if its possible to set up a flank with the dog either now or in future rounds.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

CMB to Trip is standing
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Caithen chops down two of the Cannibals but Rollo fails to secure a hold on a third.

Atzi and the Dragon both fail to hit any of the Undead.

The remainder of the savages in the hut grab their weapons and are fortinately out of range of a AoO from the man and dog..they gather in one corner waving their badly damaged weapons in the direction of Caithen.

ROUND 4

Natalyah 26
Setebo 20+ second round of spiking.
Helga 20
Skeletons 16
Amisi 15
Caithen 12
Atzi 10
Savages Group 2..4


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga, seeing the battle is moving out of her view, starts to sing a war-chant in her Ulfen home-tongue.

Bardic Song, Inspire Courage, +1 to attack, damage & saves.


Sorry for not checking in. This thread seems to have been playing tricks on me. I haven't seen a single update since May 8th. Just came in to bump the thread and noticed there was lots of replies.

Round 4, initiative 26
ac 17, touch 14, fleet-footed 13
cmd 19
hp 28/28
effects:

Cursing the island, the savages and the Jenivare that brought her here Natalyah moves in to engage the undead threatening Atzi. She strikes her opponent right above the knee but her stroke is to weak to cause any notable effects.

Move action to engage the nearest Skeleton (not sure where that would be on the map)
Standard action to attack: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 1 = 10 (-1 for power attack), damage (slashing :/ ) 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9 (+2 power attack)


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Round 4 init 20 AC 18. Touch AC 12. FlatFooted AC 16.

Pound, pound, pound, the iron spike.


The undead continue to slash at the dragon with no effect


*bump*


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Caithan grinning wildly and screaming nonsensical gibberish in infernal at his prey lunges at them and continues stabbing forcefully.

Second verse same as the first.
Action:

Caithan.

Move towards nearest group of sleepy savage. Cleave either the pair picking up weapons or the nearest available. Also Power Attacking. Can't pinpoint spot without updated map.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 First Attack
1d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 Damage

If second attack hits.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Second attack at adjacent foe.
1d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Damage

Rollo:

Rollo will continue to try and savage his meal.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

CMB to Trip is standing
1d20+4


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

DICE! YOU HAVE FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME! PISTOLS! AT DAWN! BRING YOUR MAN AND SETTLE YOUR AFFAIRS!


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Round 4, Initiative 11

Is there room for anyone to get in to help the dragon or are the dead still blocking the door and we need to push through them? If there is an updated map I will look there and quit pestering you. ;)

Quetza continues to guard Atzi as she tries to help the dragon face down its many foes. Atzi was desperate to strike a hit as eventually the Dragons tough hide wouldn't protect it from the jagged, broken, weapon that the dead were wielding.

The Dragons Actions

The Dragon bites the first skeleton to that harassed it 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Confirm Critcial Hit? 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Confirm Instant Kill? 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
+Crit Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Atzi's Action

SA: Attack different skeleton with Produced Flame - Ranged Touch Attack 1/3 remaining now 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

----->Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

As Atzi raised her hand to toss another ball of flame at the dead, the Dragon landed a crucial blow to its greatest harassers leg and appeared to have clearly shaken the abomination. So Atzi turned her flaming strike against another foe instead and burned the foul bones of a different skeleton. I will not fail, I will not fail the survivor's. Not this day, not ever. I will NOT RUN! She suddenly let burst a battle cry that was a series of whooping shouts and inspiring chants. All of which were spoken in her homelands language.

Quetza remained on guard, going so far as to glare dangerously at Natalyah as she materialized in the darkness. He huffed at the elf before continuing to bob his head and watch over his companion.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2
Caithan Kalson wrote:
DICE! YOU HAVE FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME! PISTOLS! AT DAWN! BRING YOUR MAN AND SETTLE YOUR AFFAIRS!

Don't forget Helga's song. +1 attack, damage, saves. Same with Atzi.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4
Helga Evadottir Alfchild wrote:
Caithan Kalson wrote:
DICE! YOU HAVE FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME! PISTOLS! AT DAWN! BRING YOUR MAN AND SETTLE YOUR AFFAIRS!
Don't forget Helga's song. +1 attack, damage, saves. Same with Atzi.

Not entirely sure a 13 would hit even then.


The Dragon turns one skeleton into a collection of scattered bones. Then Atzi chars another one into final death.

Caithen heavily wounds two savages.

I'll point out that these guys wear no armour at all and are not that dextrous either

Setebo continues to hammer the spike into the door and can now hear a number of angry voices on the other side..mainly female.

As an aside for Atzi..if you critical on a critical confirm I'll use the Coup de Grace rules to determine if it is an instant kill..


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

oh, alrighty then I was just following the 3 frog rule I will try and remember that from now on :) thanks DM!


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

3 crit rule .... frog rule my auotcorrect is fabulous! Did our LiN's go on vacation? :)


The savages in the hut strike out at Caithen and Rollo

Caithen 11d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Caithen 21d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Rollo 11d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Rollo 21d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Thats the best set of dice Ive had for a bit..fortunately for you guys I also decided some time ago that broken weapons can't crit otherwise Caithen and Rollo would be in deep doo doo

Round 5
Natalyah 26
Cannibal Boss 21
Setebo 20+ third round of spiking.
Helga 20
Skeletons 16
Amisi 15
Tower savages 14
Caithen 12
Atzi 10
Savages Group 2..4


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga keeps singing and readies another shot at any target of opportunity that presents.


Round 5, initiative 26
ac 17, touch 14, fleet-footed 13
cmd 19
hp 28/28
effects:

Natalyah moves quickly with catlike grace as she slashes with her two blades against her undead opponent. Her off hand functions more as a distraction scratching at the skeleton's arms and ribcage. The attack leaves and opening for her short sword who flies in a wide arc and connects with the creatures head, causing a fracture in the creature's jaw.

"Bring your ball of fire here! Burn them", Natalyah calls out to Atzi.

Full round action to attack a skeleton
Main hand (mwk short sword): 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 1 = 17 (-1 power attack, add a +1 if i'm within range of Helga's song), 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10 (+2 power attack, add a +1 if i'm within range of Helga's song)
Off hand (magic dagger): 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 1 = 19 (-1 power attack, add a +1 if i'm within range of Helga's song), 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5 (+2 power attack, add a +1 if i'm within range of Helga's song)

2,551 to 2,600 of 3,960 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.