Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull!

Game Master Wellard


2,501 to 2,550 of 3,968 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Amisi casts a burning sphere spell. (Flaming sphere). She lets it move towards one of the huts to set it alight - ready to change target as soon as the savages show themselves.


Our next plan will be so much better organized. Promise :)

Natalyah stands with her blades by her side and watches the flames start to consume the village. Vengence for all those who has come before and fell victim to the degenerate savages battle with a sickening feeling of torching the village by night for control. Rage finally wins as the first savages emerge into view. Tightening her grip on her weapons she moves to engage.

I'm guessing:
Move action to get adjacent to the closest savage
Standard action to attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 - 1 = 26 (+2 favored enemy human, -1 power attack), damage 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 11 (+1 wheatstone, +2 favored enemy human, +2 power attack)


Ok I think I've said this before but I do maps for a reason..so will people please tell me where the heck they are on it..


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi follows Caithan slowly, wary of charging into the now awakening village and takes up position at the front entrance of the village. She brought the Dragon to stand just in front of her left side and Quetza up to stand to her right, ensuring no one could circle around and flank her just yet while leaing her sight open for casting.

Positions. Quetza W-8, Atzi X-8, Dragon X-9
Ini? 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4

If we have a surprise round before Caithan started yelling~ up to you bossman. ;)

As Caithan yelled she started to chant quietly, summoning forth a ball of flame to appear momentarily between her clasped hands, as the flames began to take shape. Atzi quickly dipped her hand into it and pulled out but a small portion, before the ball vanished entirely. With the flame now dancing in her palm Atzi stood ready to face the savage host.

Cast - Produce Flames - 3 uses before its expended.

Spells Used - 1st - Charm Animal, Produce Flames


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Map with coordinates.

Helga is in O-21, with a readied action to shoot the first savage that appears.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Lol whoops I did it the opposite way, let me re-post my coordinates, thanks Helga!

positions: Quetza T-14, Atzi U-14 & Dragon U-13


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Setebo is in Q,13. A single move from the entry door. He has a Javelin in each hand. If possable he will hold a ready action to thrown one at the first baddie carrying a light that comes with in 60' of him.
Init if needed 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21. Attack with javelin if needed, 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 please subtract 2 if range is more than 30'. Please add any needed modifer if they cannot see me. Damage if attack hits, 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5.

Plan in tatters and the castaways in danger Setebo bresses his back against a wall and prepares to kill to keep the others safe.

Captain. Never got around to actually blocking any doors. So the fires are just removing any darkness advantage we had. Mind you that won't make too much difference to you and Atzi. You will both be contending for the "most perforated by javelins" title by the time the fires really take hold. heh Irony here would be surviving the fight but burning down the light-house.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Meh, lighting it up anyway. The lighthouse is made of stone and Caithan has no intention of igniting it anyway we'll start with the center building. Plus the light is precisely what we need to ensure that we don't miss on the whole murdering dudes things. Remember Caithan's operating under the assumption you've already killed a lot by now. He already knew once this pack of animals and loud clankty armor rolled through any chance at stealth would go flyin out the window. So he's opted for creating as much chaos and sheer terror as possible in the middle of the night. As such Place Caithan at S14 and Rollo at S15. Nice thing about the watch tower building is that our archers and casters can blink away with relative safety. Even better safety if Caithan can get up there adn start chopping up people that try to climb the ladder. We're not in bad shape yet.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Hehe I have some tricks up my sleeve, ;) I should have picked the stone call spell but entangle + produce flame and Flaming Sphere will be nice crowd control. >:) Entangle lasts 3 mins with a 40ft radius, Flaming Sphere. Also the shiv dragon makes a good companion as well~ I'm sure we will be fine. ;)


Smacks self round back of head for not putting coordinates on map in first place

Liberty's Edge

LOL! Happens to the best of us! At least it had a grid so we could work it out ourselves. ;)


Natalyah just came from the tower so i guess T15 will be a good place to start.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Waiting for Ammisi's coordinates, but I presume she is somewhere with Helga in the tower?


just put her anywhere in the tower.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

OK, placed Ammisi in Q-21.

Updated Map.

Scarab Sages

The flaming sphere will appear in L9. Amisi will try to keep people coming out of that building.

I'm very happy with Q21 for her own position.


\Ok folks you effectively have a surprise round now..one action apiece as the savages react..or not according to their perception rolls.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Realising that the rear door of the nearest building is unguarded, Helga tosses a tangelfoot bag at it with the intention of glueing it closed.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

She then resumes watching with an arrow notched to her bow.

Scarab Sages

I think the flaming sphere actually is Amisi's surprise round. I had posted my intention early as I was to Salute yesterday and two days more or less out of action.

The flaming sphere licks the door at L9.

Damage 3d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 5) = 14

I don't think doors get reflex saving throws. It would be DC 17.


Surprise round
hp 28/28
ac 17, touch 14, fleet-footed 13
cmd 19
effects:

Natalyah moves up to the closest hut with her blades ready to strike at the first thing to emerge.

Move action to U11 (or perhaps U10 if that is required for me to strike the one that opens the door)


I couldn't make Salute this year..haven't been impressed the last couple of times..how was it this year Jens

The Flaming sphere burns through the door and the wall begins to smoulder.

Helga seals the rear door off the large hut

Natalyah waits poised outside the Front door of the same hut.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Caithan will throw a flask of oil at same hut.


..and I think Amisi was setting Produce flame to it as well....nasty


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Wait a min....What is burning? Amisi's ball of superheated joy is in space L,9.

Amisi wrote:
The flaming sphere licks the door at L9.

Also according to her post LOB is in U,10 or 11 by the door of the eastmost building not by the front door of the building that Helga used the tangle bag on like your post seems to say.

DM Wellard wrote:

Helga seals the rear door off the large hut.

Natalyah waits poised outside the Front door of the same hut.

Is this correct? Sorry to be particular about this but things are about to get rather nasty.

.
.
Suprise round.
Wanting to keep out of the light Setebo lopes across the compound slipping into the darkness of K,14


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

With our luck there'll be one guy in there. And he'll be a prisoner being saved for later.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi Initiative: 4
Quetza Initiative 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Shiv Dragon Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 6

Atzi watches, happy that the dismay crossing her features was shrouded by the flickering shadows caused by the flames being spread by her companions. She doesn't add to it though, no. She saves her licking flames for the first of those to emerge, those who they had come to instill fear into. Tonight this village would fall, it would die and take all the sorrow, all of the pain it caused with it.

She clicks her tongue at Quetza, who responds with a quiet hiss and a low growl...

Readied action: Attack the first human to emerge from the huts.

Ranged Touch Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

============================================

Quetza hated the village, it stank. Like Rotten meat, but not as sickly sweet as the rot land they left. No, that place was better. But crowded. He crinkled his nose at the smell of this place. He stood his ground though, waiting for a reason to fight. So much waiting.

============================================

The Dragon didn't quite much care for either side, the strange woman it was following smelled good. Good enough to eat, but it wouldn't harm the woman. It was hungry though, always hungry and nothing to eat...


Yes, as Setebo said Natalyah is waiting at the easternmost hut, as it hasn't caught fire yet.


Duh I meant Atzi off course..working nights makes my brain mush..reactions tomorrow


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Sleep well strange blue dwarf


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

LMAO!


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Setebo whistles a gentle tune in the cool moonlight as he waits patiently for the Blue Dwarf to return.


Surprise Round
Three savages burst from the door at H10 and charge screaming across the central space..however the fire pit and Cauldron prevent them getting the straight line they need to attack Setebo

They end the move in L13, N11 and N10..this is savages group 1

The thatch of the large house begins to burn smokily as confused voices are heard from within...this is Savages Group 2

There won't be much happening there until people have woken up, stood up, grabbed their weapons and woken the ones who didn't make their DC 15 Perception rolls

Ok here we go.
Round 1
Natalyah 26
Setebo 20+
Helga 20
Amisi 15
Caithen 12
Savages group 1..11
Atzi 10
Savages Group 2..4
All controlled creatures go on the controllers initiative


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga shoots at a cultist (N10).

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


All right, natural 20 on the initiative. You go girl!

Round 1, initiative 26
ac 17, touch 14, fleet-footed 13
cmd 16
hp 28/28
effects:

Natalyah stands poised to strike next to the hut door. She looks towards the firepit as she hears the savages emerge. Opting to wait the ranger peaks her ears to hear if there is movement within the hut she's guarding.

Perception check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 (+2 if favored terrain jungle applies, +2 if favored enemy human applies)
Damn, it that was an attack it would have been a critical threat... :(

By the way Helga, what is your favored enemy?


Dabbler...Can you revise Natalyahs starting position to P14 please..I think she misread the map

Natlayah hears the sounds of people awakening in confusion.


DM Wellard wrote:

Dabbler...Can you revise Natalyahs starting position to P14 please..I think she misread the map

Natlayah hears the sounds of people awakening in confusion.

Actually no :) I want to be at the right most hut. Standing at U11 should place me adjacent to the door and able to stab whomever opens it, right?


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Setebo drops one javelin and charges the one marked by Helga, drawing his saber as he closes.
Saber attack on savage in N,10. Charging. 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 = 15. Damage, whetstone 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13.

Ac at end of action. 16. Hp 32. Init 20.


Natalyah Melethiell wrote:
DM Wellard wrote:

Dabbler...Can you revise Natalyahs starting position to P14 please..I think she misread the map

Natlayah hears the sounds of people awakening in confusion.

Actually no :) I want to be at the right most hut. Standing at U11 should place me adjacent to the door and able to stab whomever opens it, right?

Ah I see where the confusion is...the rightmost 'building' is a roughly built stockade ..do you still want to move next to it?

Scarab Sages

Amisi controls the Flaming sphere and it rolls to attack the savage in L13.

3d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 6) = 10 Damage - DC17 reflex to negate

Reflex save 1d20 ⇒ 20 roll only - bonus to be added

But the Savage easily steps aside and avoids the flaming sphere.

Wellard - trying to make your live easier here. Let me know if you prefer to roll the savings throws yourself - but I felt that way you have one bit less to concentrate on.
But serves me right that I get a nat20 for the savage.


Guys, as this fight is going to be mega-confusing..feel free to take Amisi's lead and roll your foes saves..it will speed things up immesurably.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

PSSSST AMISI, you still have your standard action to take. Moving the sphere is only a move action.

Scarab Sages

Amisi starts casting her second sleep spell of the day.


DM Wellard wrote:
Ah I see where the confusion is...the rightmost 'building' is a roughly built stockade ..do you still want to move next to it?

Oh, that puts things into another perspective. In that case i would indeed have placed myself around P14. And i'd like to retcon my listen action to engage the closest savage (L13)

Round 1, initiative 26
ac 17, touch 14, fleet-footed 13
cmd 19
hp 28/28
effects: power attack

Natalyah stands next to the door poised to strike should anyone open it. Her vigil is disrupted by the three savages that burst out from one of the huts further away. Without hestitation Natalyah rushes forward to meet them, driving her sword as deep into one savage as she can.

Move action to N13
Standard action to attack the savage in L13: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 - 1 = 28 (+2 for favored enemy human, -1 for power attack), damage 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 11 (+2 favored enemy human, +2 power attack, +1 wheatstone)
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 - 1 = 17 (+2 for favored enemy human, -1 for power attack), damage 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 9 (+2 favored enemy human, +2 power attack, +1 wheatstone (or does that count on a crit?))


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Is it possible for me to get an updated map? Things are a touch confusing to me right now.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4
DM Wellard wrote:
Guys, as this fight is going to be mega-confusing..feel free to take Amisi's lead and roll your foes saves..it will speed things up immesurably.

understood boss man! Once I get spellslingin its gonna get really ugly!


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2
Caithan Kalson wrote:
Is it possible for me to get an updated map? Things are a touch confusing to me right now.

Your wish is my command.


Natalyah and Setebo strike with deadly precision and two savages hit the dirt bleeding profusely.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Thank you. Move to O13 poke last standing savage with sharp stick.

Infernal:
Whoa be unto thee who oppose the fuzzy rainbows of Thrune! Ware to thee as thousands of fluffy white bunny rabbits tumble over the hill laughing joyously at thy neon peril! RARRRGH! Embrace love and peace!

Caithan rushes forward yelling something that sounds terribly firghtening in the tongue of devils as he waves for Atzi to follow. Rollo pads along behind his master as if on some exciting boar hunt.

N11 Attack
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Attack
1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 Damage

AC:18
HP: 29

Assuming we're still going with the plan of spellcasters in the tower.

Edit: Forgot power attack damage. Attack roll is same with furious focus.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

...and the doggy?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

P13

2,501 to 2,550 of 3,968 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.