Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull!

Game Master Wellard


2,451 to 2,500 of 3,968 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>

"If you can't go through with this then say so now. Then you're better off staying at the camp", Natalyah snaps at Setebo. The ranger had been keeping to the background listening to the plan. It looked solid enough. The advantage would lie with them, unless their degererate foes had the ability to see in the dark. The only thing that worried her was the barbarian's weak heart. She could not risk it failing and staying his (hey, she called Setebo "him" instead of "it". progress!) blade at a critical moment.

Been busy over easter so i've been unable to post. Somewhat similar situation this week, so if you get into a fight or something similar, just DMPC Natalyah. Don't hold up the action by waiting for me. Should be back to normal next monday.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"I've seen him fight. He won't let us down," Helga retorts loyally.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Setebo considers Natalyah's suggestion that he stay at camp. "We do not know what we can go through with until we are through or not. Or is that not correct?" Setebo continues to adjust the unfamiliar breastplate. Trying some standing jumps and then adjusting it again.

Seeing the Captain looking for a long spear
"You can borrow mine sir. I think this old two-hander will be better for me this time. Expect I'll have to get pretty close and this might help you fend off that dragon."

Mr Wellard. Did the noce dryad mention whether the door she would open would stay open or would close behind us?

REMEMBER TO STOCK UP ON CONSUMABLES. GET THEM WHILE THEY ARE HOT!
Unclaimed stock:
1 Cure light, 4 if we are allowed to raid Inkathru's stash.
1 Cure moderate
4 Lesser Restoration
1 Remove disease
3 Sunrods
12 pints of oil less what the camp has used.
Also there are 3 whetstones that can be used. 15 min of work gives an edged weapon +1 damage on the first hit.

Setebo takes the following from camp stores.
Slighty rusty two handed sword
Wodden mallet
Lesser restoration potion
Either the cure light or the cure moderate if noone else claims it.
Any unclaimed potions, just in case.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

I suggest we take what we can! She'll take her share of potions.

Helga suggests distributing the potions among the attacking group evenly, scrolls to whoever can use them. She then spends a lot of time sharpening arrowheads with a whetstone...


"I've seen him fight as well, i'm not blind", Natalyah tells Helga, annoyed that nobody else seems to share her concerns. "But that was in self defense. Before whining about dark deeds."

The ranger turns back to Setebo. "Yes it is dark work, but it needs to be done. We don't have the luxury to try and go through with this. Either you are certain you can do what needs to be done, or you stay here at camp. Or join forces with 'the captain'. I don't care as long as you stay out of my way."

A whetstone would be nice. Perhaps a cure light wounds to every fighter? We should split up the lesser restoration with somebody not melee prone, like two to Helga and two to Atzi.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4
Helga Evadottir Alfchild wrote:

I suggest we take what we can! She'll take her share of potions.

Helga suggests distributing the potions among the attacking group evenly, scrolls to whoever can use them. She then spends a lot of time sharpening arrowheads with a whetstone...

Um ... we only have one scroll. Raise dead and I don't think any of us can use it. Setebo has 1 potion of CLW now and would like another or the CMW poition if other folks are set.

Hate to break it to you but the whetstone does not exactly work on arrows.

Whetstone from AA:
Honing a blade with a whetstone requires about 15 minutes of work and grants the weapon a +1 bonus on your damage roll the first time you hit with it. This only works on nonmagical blades.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

I'll let our DM rule on whether an arrowhead is a 'blade'.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4
Natalyah Melethiell wrote:

"I've seen him fight as well, i'm not blind", Natalyah tells Helga, annoyed that nobody else seems to share her concerns. "But that was in self defense. Before whining about dark deeds."

The ranger turns back to Setebo. "Yes it is dark work, but it needs to be done. We don't have the luxury to try and go through with this. Either you are certain you can do what needs to be done, or you stay here at camp. Or join forces with 'the captain'. I don't care as long as you stay out of my way."

Setebo stares at the ranger as he works a whetstone down the long single edge of the sword. "I will not be in your way."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Believe I already have an edged weapon so I'll get the banded mail as said earlier and pick up about 5 javelins. So a potion each or?


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

"Enough! By all the gods you will focus on your own task Natalyah and let Setebo do his without your badgering. Setebo has yet to back down from what we have faced and like you he is allowed to speak his truths, but he does not question the sharpness of your blade. So DO the Same." She picked up her Javelins then and took two of the potions of restoration, leaving the healing potions for those of them who would be doing the real fighting.

Quetza remained by her side, she found comfort in his silent and steady presence. She hoped it wouldn't be their last battle together.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga calmly distributes the potions from the cache they brought back with them, along with some oil (a flask each? see the OOC thread).

"If more healing is needed I have a wand also," she tells them. "We don't have to waste spells."


Finally prepared you head off for the cannibals camp timing your arrival for the fall of darkness.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Mr Wellard. Did the nice dryad mention whether the door she would open would stay open or would it close behind us? If it closes then Setebo will want to gather two knotted ropes each long enough to reach the top of the plant wall. One rope is tied to a grapel the other to a heavy iron or wodden spike.

Setebo seems nervous as they walk. Scratching at scars and stitchlines under the strange armor.

To Helga though everyone can hear.
"I am concerned that I might draw attention to you as you cross the village to the tower but I also know that I would be useful if you encounter many of them. What do you recommend?"

Caithan, did you borrow Setebo's long spear?


The door will stay open off course.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2
Setebo wrote:
"I am concerned that I might draw attention to you as you cross the village to the tower but I also know that I would be useful if you encounter many of them. What do you recommend?"

"I'll use my wand first on the watchtower, it will work over a hundred feet or more. Once they are asleep, we have a better chance."

Helga's plan is to approach stealthily to about a hundred feet from the to of the tower, and use two charges from her wand on the occupants. Then we can sneak up and kill them, as they are likely the only guards apart from the lizard.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

"That sounds good."

We still need to decide where to open the door for the murder group. And I think there may be a building we need to go through to get to the tower unless you were planning on going up the outside. Mind you that is not a bad option but Setebo may not be stealthy enough to come along.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Updated my sheet for the items in question. I'll borrow Setebo's longspear if he'll allow but only if offered. Caithan is looking for a pole arm since he's looking at a bit more of a defensive fight once they get to the tower. The reach will be handy. So I got 5 javelins, 3 oil flasks, and one of the sunrods and the banded mail while setebo gets my breastplate for the time being. Caithan already has a whetstone to use on his sword.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Capt: 5th post on this page.
.
Seeing the Captain looking for a long spear
"You can borrow mine sir. I think this old two-hander will be better for me this time. Expect I'll have to get pretty close and this might help you fend off that dragon."

So one long spear to you. ;7)

Murder squad: Where do we want the nice plant lady to open the way for us?


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Currently flying home sorry! Are we still attacking by way of the front gate Caithan? Also I will get her spells updated when i can. Sorry again! >.<


Enough talk time for action..

You move up to the tangled mass that serves as the 'wall' and Ancenyia as she promised opens a 10 foot diameter hole in the foliage.

The light from the firepit reaches feebly outwards dimly lighting the open space in which it stands but most of the village is in darkness


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Drawing her wand, Helga advances as quietly as she may, trying to keep to the shadows. When she is within range of the watch tower, she will use her wand of sleep twice to try and ensure any guards are safely in lullaby land.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

We can attack through the west wall.


Helga moves like a ghost through the darkness and her efforts are rewarded with the sound of 4 bodies slumping to the floor of the watchtower.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga glances back to the party and beckons them onward, making for the base of the tower to finish her grim work.


Atzi wrote:
"Enough! By all the gods you will focus on your own task Natalyah and let Setebo do his without your badgering. Setebo has yet to back down from what we have faced and like you he is allowed to speak his truths, but he does not question the sharpness of your blade. So DO the Same."

Natalyah looks as if she is about to retort but a "Fine!" is all that the ranger eventually spits out. "Give me that", she says as she storms off to the side and snatches one of the wheatstones. In the shade she prepares for the upcoming battle by methodically sharpening her short sword in silence.

At the time of the attack
Natalyah grabs her half moon necklace and whispers an elven prayer to Gozreh before moving after Helga, using her keen ears and sharp hearing to locate their foes. She stops suddenly as a twig hidden beneath the underbrush cracks under her weight and threatens to give away her position.

Perception check: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 2 = 27 (+2 favored terrain). Do i get the favored enemy bonus with perception check? If so, add +2 to detect any humans sneaking about.
Stealth check: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13 (+2 favored terrain). Add another +2 if my favored enemy comes into play.
D'oh, i would much rather have had that perception check fail... Helga, why did you have to put your perception check first? :)


Remember you have the advantage of total darkness and distance to the watch tower(thats another +5 at least) so it's unlikely the watchers would have seen or heard you.

Noone is active in the village as far as Natalyah can determine.She definitely hears four seperate thumps as bodies hit the floor in the tower.

Scarab Sages

Sorry to have been out of action but connection was not as expected while in Germany. And I'm not yet going for roaming fees to play.

Amisi carefully follows Helga. She tries to get to the tower and climbs it up. She has a dagger in her hand but seems unwilling to use it.

Stealth 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Amisi should have cast a Mage Armor approx. 10 min ago before they approached. Otherwise she should be fine.

I'm not sure if even with a Coup-de-Grace that Amisi will kill the people - so best if someone else is doing the dirty work.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga slips up the tower, dagger ready for the grim work ahead.

Do you need climb or stealth checks?


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Wanting to "stay out of the way" Setebo peels off towards the lighthouse as the others head for the watchtower.

Moonlit night correct?

Setebo pads across the sleeping village.

From the description it sounds like the dryad opened the way in pretty much due south of the cook pot. Maybe a space or so east, but that doesn't matter.

Setebo moves quietly beside the large building taking up the SW section of the compound. His hand softly reaches out and touches the wall and the near door.

What are the walls/doors made out of? Am asking because if they are sturdy enough I am thinking of spiking a couple of doors closed making it harder for ALL the cannibals to reach us at once. There appears to be a nice one or two door bottleneck at the base of the lighthouse that is asking to be exploited.
Please let me know if you need any rolls.


You are completely out on that...The way in is north of the large building and about 10 feet from the watch tower otherwise how would you reach it?

the way in


Aren't we going to go into one of the huts (the closest one i guess) and start slitting throats? That's how i iterpreted the plan :) Although we seem to have deviated some from my understanding of the plan allready :)

Natalyah relaxes with a silent sigh as the jungle makes no reaction to her misstep. She takes a few more steps forward to the door of the closest hut and examines it for traps, alarms or locks.

Take 10 on a perception check if i can for a total of 10 + 13 + 2 = 25. If i'm not able to take 10 then use this roll: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 2 = 22 (+2 for favored terrain)


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

We're just making sure the guards do not wake up and raise the alarm.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4
DM Wellard wrote:

You are completely out on that...The way in is north of the large building and about 10 feet from the watch tower otherwise how would you reach it?

the way in

Ah....I was going from the line where you stated we could see the firepit. Don't think one can see the pit from the marked doorway. So...<sound of plan being crumpled up and tossed out of window>..there must have been a miscommunication. New question. How much do we know about the Lizard? If that thing has scent then we likely have already been noticed. Knowledge nature to find an answer, 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13. That hits cr 3 any luck?

.
As far as reaching the tower under the now discarded plan, the murder squad (Helga and Our Lady)after entering the compound through the southern wall were going to stealthily cross to within wand range of the tower and hit the snooze button. After that climbing the ten foot tower and merrily killing the lookouts would have been a trivial task.
Setebo was there for muscle if things went wrong.
.
New post.
.....
.....
Some of the same questions though.
What is the wall to the southwest of the dryad door made out of? Is it solid enough to make spiking doors a viable plan. If it is just a bamboo or thatch wall that can basically be walked through then that plan can be discarded as well. If however it is the wall of a building that has withstood a few storms then a spike closing a door would buy some time and keep us from simply being swamped in a human wave. Assuming of course that I can reach a doorway and that the doors are worth the name.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Only change to spells is lvl 2 Animal Aspect -> Flaming Sphere, lvl 1 CLW -> Charm Animal. Everything else is the same.

Atzi moves quietly along with Caithan and the remaining attackers towards the front gate. She raises her hand and called upon the Great Mother to help make the Shiv Dragon her ally.

SA: Cast Charm Animal on Shiv Dragon DC 15


Remember that sleep only lasts 1 minute/level so you have 10 rounds to get into the tower and make sure the guards cant eraise the alarm permanently..

Dragon Save1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

The Dragon looks expectantly at Atzi.


Oh, slight retcon then.

Natalyah throws a glance at the surroundings before making her way up the tower. Once her feet settles on the platform she takes another quick glance at the sleeping village before setting down to the grisly work of slaying the savages in their sleep.

Stealth check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 (+2 if climbing a ladder in jungle environment would grant a favored terrain bonus (i personally think it's a stretch), - any penalties for climbing a ladder)
Dagger to throat, pull
Dagger to throat, pull
Dagger to throat, pull
Dagger to throat, pull


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi speaks quietly to their new companion and beckons it to stand alongside, now at least it wasn't there enemy. She smiles in the dark at Caithan, speaking low and quiet as she stared at the twin openings in the wall. "The dragon has turned to our side for now, the charm will last awhile but its one less thing to worry about. So which way?"

Caithan has been really busy as well I guess? I will wait until tomorrow for his post before pushing ahead. At least now we have Atzi, Rollo, Quetza, Caithan and the dragon. Gives our attacking group some advantage. LOL, but yeesh! Natalyah is getting down to business! O.o::

Scarab Sages

Amisi follows Natalyah - she is glad it is dark - so she doesn't has to look at all the details. She looks out for trouble and prepares a Flaming Sphere spell.

Sorry if this deviates - there have been 'too many' plans and my understanding was that the tower was seen as a good and save place for the squishy to rain magic in relative safety.
Also Amisi is not really suited to kill the people in cold blood. First - as aluded - it isn't even sure she would manage and second as follower of Shelyn she sees beauty and redemption in everyone.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Amisi was supposed to stick with the group Atzi and caithan in since she's in the "doesn't see well in the dark" crew. Yeah the attacking group is pretty big with all the bodies but the sneak crew is there to make it practically a breeze.

"We wait for a signal from the others." Caithan whispers. "Release the beast into the jungle if your spell cannot last long but whatever is done must be done quietly."


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi nods and gestures to the now friendly sentry before scratching its eye ridges and under its rough scaled chin. She quietly whispers to Caithan. "The Dragon will stand with us until this is over. It at least allows us to keep the advantage of surprise, like Quetza, this Dragon may have smelled our comrades before they reached the tower. I couldn't allow that..."

She was silent then waiting until the signal, but in the mean time she looked from face to face in the darkness, Quetza towered over her, peering into the gloom with his reptilian gaze along with the Dragon and Rollo the hound. She whispered in sylvan to their animal comrades bolstering their resolve.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

...and the agreed signal was? Probably a bird-call, and Helga will give it when the guards are deceased.

Helga listens intently at the door to the Northern building.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Don't think we ever decided on one. Just make soemthign up as I'm sure we would have come up soemthign we can see and or hear.


The guards having been disposed off Helga gives the signal and the way is open.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

The signal given Setebo moves aroung the building to meet with the larger group as they enter the compound proper.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Gripping his longspear in one hand Caithan quickly lights a torch. "Let's get this over wiht then. The nights still young."

Marching directly through the front door Caithan waves the torch about screaming in a booming bass as he heads towards the tower as planned.


Natalyah takes care not to look at the faces of the newly slain savages as she cleans her dagger on the cloth of their clothes. It had taken all of the half-elf's resolve to keep her hand from shaking as she moved her dagger from throat to throat. The thought that the savages would do the same to her, or worse, if given the chance didn't give her any comfort. The deed made her feel ill and she hated the savages for making her feel pity. What was done was done. It had to be done.

She sheathes her dagger and signals to Helga that the tower is cleared. Natalyah tries to vent some of her frustration with a kick to one of the lifeless bodies before she decends down the ladder to rejoin the rest of the group.

"The tower is clear. You should be safe up there", she tells Amisi then adds "Just don't look at the floor."

Natalyah spots the shiv dragon in Atzi's possession. "How long do you have control over it?"


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga climbs up and notches an arrow to her bow, scanning the village for any sign of life.


Let me get this right..having quietly disposed off the guards so as not to wake the village..Caithen then proceeds to..wake the village?


This IS the internet you know ... Alegedly human Expert (IT) 5/Ninja 3/Witch 7

Yes, I know. Apparently we got our plans muddled. Had I realised...well, too late now.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Well Caithan's operating under the impression that more than a few dudes are dead. Also, I'm igniting the buildings as we go. It's fine. I think Setebo spiked some doors right? So now we get to guilt him with the fact he helped burn people alive. :D

2,451 to 2,500 of 3,968 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.