Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull!

Game Master Wellard


2,351 to 2,400 of 3,960 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4
Natalyah Melethiell wrote:
"Chelaxians", Natalyah mutters in distain and tosses the book across the room once she's read it. "There's nothing. We should keep moving."

Said the half Chelaxian. :P


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"Oh but there is much, if you listen to the tale," Helga admonishes.

"Harken to this: 'many survived, the Thrune’s Fang will never sail again.' So we know that the ship they came on was destroyed, but most of the crew survived," Helga point out. "How many would crew a ship like the Thrune's Fang?" She directs the question at Caithan.

"Anyway, read here: 'Nylithati’s skills at healing help fight the sickness, but I fear she has'- well, whatever, but we know that Nylithati was perhaps a priestess, and if she was a Chelaxian, the priestess of a devil more likely than not, yes?" She grins at Natalyah.

"'Nylithati has seized control of my crew.' So we know that this priestess took control of the crew. He also talks about raving, so perhaps she has lost her mind. But why?" Helga paces up and down, gesticulating as she thinks aloud.

"Here he says: 'will not be returning to that gray, silent island again.' So we know Thrune's Fang was wrecked here before the other ship we found. That helps tell us when they got here, does it not?" Her eyes sparkle with fascination.

"Then he writes: "They seem strange, almost feral. It has been almost a decade since the wreck. I wonder what strange beliefs Nylithati has...' So we see here that the madness of the priestess has taken the rest of the crew. Maybe we need to be aware of this, beware of something that may be a source of the madness." She casts a dark look at everyone present.

"'There was no sign of Nylithati in the camp, but the focus
of their ceremony was a cauldron they must have salvaged from the
Thrune’s Fang at the base of the ruined lighthouse. It was into this
they threw the half-eaten body of the still screaming man...' So here we know Nylithati has disappeared, and the cannibals have, well, become cannibals. Maybe it was a shipwreck, or maybe they have been devouring one another?" Helga pauses, considering the import.

"Now this is our most important lore: 'They call Nylithati “Mother Thrunefang” now, and promise me immortality if I lay down my arms and submit. I know what their immortality consists of, and I’ll have no part of that corrupt life after...' So we know that Nylithati is alive and thinks they are immortal, but he thinks it corrupt. To me, that says undead, or some other corrupt change. So we know to beware a source of madness, and that the cannibals are lead by one of the unliving, who in life was probably a priestess, and may still have the powers of a cleric. We also have an idea of how many of them there may be."

Helga closes the book with a snap.


"The last ramblings of a dead man", Natalyah insists. "So they have been here for more than ten years. Perhaps that will motivate you to seek away off this island."

Caithan Kalson wrote:
Said the half Chelaxian. :P

Not something she's proud of. She would be the first to agree that her human/chelaxian part is not the good part.


Amisi..Knowledge History1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Helga Knowledge history 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Caithen Knowledge history..1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Ancenyia told you that the ship was wrecked almost 70 years ago that is about 30 years after the Nightvoice.

She also told you the first Priestess died and was suceeded by her daughter.

The reference to the assimilation of Sargava must be a reference to the time when the colony broke away.Cheliax sent a large fleet to enforce its authority but the Shackles Pirates defeated them in a great naval battle.That would confirm the 70 year period.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Setebo scratches at his corse hair.
"But the men we killed at the ford were nowhere near seventy years old. I understand island air is supposed to be good for you but not that good... These must be their children... or grandchildren."

"This is sad. I think we are walking on in the last act of a tragedy. We need to stop this 'Mother'. Perhaps the survivors will be different once she is gone."


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"Or great-grandchildren even," Helga shrugs. "I do not think their attitude will change, though, and we will have to go through them to get to her. I say we scout this village and raid it to whittle down their numbers if we have to."


"We don't need to do anything about the 'mother'. We need to get off this island, that's all we have to do. If the savages are in the way, they need to be taken care of."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

"If what setebo says is true we'll have to do just that." Caithan says. "That tower can signal other boats passing through. Where do you think those savages keep their village?"


Natalyah snorts. "As long as we do something. There is nothing to be found here."


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi rubs her chin thoughtfully as she answers Caithan. "The Great one said that they raised their village around the lighthouse. They also built a wooden wall to protect their village, so it will be difficult to enter there village. Natalyah is right though, lets get moving and scout out the village before the day ends. We need to leave eough time to return to the Great Ones grove and hide there for the night." She hefts her pack and leaves the structure, happy to leave the sad place behind.

"When we defeat them I will return here and burn this place, to remove this reminder of suffering and put the bones to rest. Someone has too..."[ She tried to move the group quickly back towards the building that Setebo had spotted and in the direction of the savages village. She slows the pace once they were outside familiar territory and trying to not attract unwanted attention.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Survival 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Atzi. The building I spotted is, i think, the lighthouse with the savage village built around the base of it. Sorry if i was unclear

Setebo speaks quietly as the castaways thread through the forest.

"I saw the village clustered around the lighthouse tower. About a half dozen wooden buildings, maybe a few more or less, thatch rooves. I could not see a wall so perhaps it is not very high."


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

No you were clear I just didn't think about saying Setebo and Acenyia said something about the village, my bad! And the wall came from Dm Wellards comment

DM Wellard wrote:
Acenyia: "The village lies to the southwest a rough wall of wood surrounding a few paltry huts and the great tower of stone that was built so long ago I cannot remember the faces of those who built it"


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2
Atzi wrote:
"When we defeat them I will return here and burn this place, to remove this reminder of suffering and put the bones to rest. Someone has too..."

"Aye. It seems he died with courage and honour," Helga nods agreement.

Setebo wrote:
"I saw the village clustered around the lighthouse tower. About a half dozen wooden buildings, maybe a few more or less, thatch rooves. I could not see a wall so perhaps it is not very high."

"Thatch? That will burn nicely I am thinking," Helga grins nastily.


pity you left the spy glass back at the Nightvoice..isn't it.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4
Helga Evadottir Alfchild wrote:


"Thatch? That will burn nicely I am thinking," Helga grins nastily.

Setebo hangs his head.

"I was hoping you wouldn't notice that. Fire is a terrible thing."

ALL Loot notes in the OOC thread. Take a gander.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4
DM Wellard wrote:
pity you left the spy glass back at the Nightvoice..isn't it.

SPYGLASS!! We have a spyglass? Why is it not on the loot sheet or more importantly in Setebo's bag. Man I have been jonesing for a glass this entire game. Where did we find this? I ran a search on the thread but I found no mention of a spyglass but I have doubts about the forums search function.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

I'll second the 'what spyglass' comment!


I'm certain Uchendu had one on his equipment list


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Not on the list I saw and since they cost 1000gp I don't think he started with one. But I would be MORE than happy to add one to the sheet.


Forget I ever mentioned it I'm getting old and my memory is failing lol


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4
DM Wellard wrote:
Forget I ever mentioned it I'm getting old and my memory is failing lol

Aw rats! :7)


as dusk begins to fall ove rthe jungle you worm your way through the undergrowth to take a look at the village.As it sits on the highest point of the cape,it is hard to see beyond the stockade from outside.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga looks for guard-posts, spy-holes and the like in the stockade.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


The stockade is in fact the jungle itself..branches woven together around the rude huts of the village.In keeping with the general chaos there is no gate merely a gap in the jungle where the path enters the village.At this entrance is tethered a single Shiv Dragon.

Osirion

Amisi tries to figure out what the creature is and if it is sucseptible to enchantments.

Knowledge (all Dungeoneering, Arcana, Nature are +9 unless it is an outsider as she isn't having planes) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Setebo looks at the village defences.

"Not much of a wall. We could get over or through it without too much work."

Same check as Amisi on the Shiv Dragon but only Nature in my case 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17. Assuming this island counts as jungle, otherwise my bonus is only +5.
.
Questions for Mr. Wellard:
A. How tall is the wall?
B. Has ground been cleared around the wall and if so how far out?
C. Any nearby trees that overlook the compound?
D. Any dead snags/trees that could be dropped on the wall/compound without too much trouble?
E. Do you think the latest to-do about the Monk will cause Pazio to rebuild the class from the ground up?


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Quietly.....Setebo is clearly nervous.
"Should we return to the camp? Are we as prepared as we can be? Should we let the others know about the tree in case we do not return?"


"Be quiet and keep a look out", Natalyah snaps at the barbarian. "We're not here to raid, we're here to observe." The ranger lies still focusing on the village below. She looks at Atzi. "Can you talk to that thing?" she asks and point to Quetza.

I would like to see if i can spot anything more detailed (like huts, people, guards, etc.), and if i can see some way to get closer to the camp unseen. Perception check: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 2 = 32 (+2 favored terrain)

Setebo wrote:


Same check as Amisi on the Shiv Dragon but only Nature in my case 1d20+6. Assuming this island counts as jungle, otherwise my bonus is only +5.

I've been using my favored terrain in my survival/stealth/perception rolls and Wellard hasn't protested yet, so i think you're safe:)


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Caithan, whose eyes are clearly not suited to peering through darkness adn shadow as his companions keeps a lookout on their more immediate surroundings. Keeping his blade close in case they themselves are being observed.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 Perception


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

She shakes her head sadly at Natalyah. "I was gifted with the ability to fight not speak friend Natalyah, besides I wouldn't trust that creature. It's obviously a guard. I have seen such back in my homeland, approaching it probably would be bad for us. Maybe we should try and return to the grove, being this close and in the dark will get us caught for sure... We can return in the morning and watch for how many come and go throughout the day, get an idea of their numbers and perhaps start cutting down their patrols. It won't take them long to realize someone is hunting them for once..." Atzi keeps her hands free as she readied to cast and defend herself as best she can.

k: nature- identify the Shiv Dragon - assist Amisi - success! 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Atzi wrote:

She shakes her head sadly at Natalyah. "I was gifted with the ability to fight not speak friend Natalyah, besides I wouldn't trust that creature. It's obviously a guard. I have seen such back in my homeland, approaching it probably would be bad for us. Maybe we should try and return to the grove, being this close and in the dark will get us caught for sure... We can return in the morning and watch for how many come and go throughout the day, get an idea of their numbers and perhaps start cutting down their patrols. It won't take them long to realize someone is hunting them for once..." Atzi keeps her hands free as she readied to cast and defend herself as best she can.

k: nature- identify the Shiv Dragon - assist Amisi - success! 1d20+9

Just a small correction. Natalyah pointed to Quetza, your animal companion, not the shiv dragon :) She wanted to know if he could do some aerial reconnaissance and report back his findings.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

oh! I thought you were meaning can you talk to the whig guy like you can Quetza. Just! Now I understand what you really wanted~ ;3, one sec and we will see if I can do some recon~

Wellard - have we seen any Pteranadons since we came to this side of the island? Or in the vicinity of the villag? Just wanted to know I can roll a perception check if needed to 'remember' ;3 because I'd hate to spoke these savages by bring a large flying meat stick flying around there village. lol


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga studies the Shiv Dragon with fascination, wondering what manner of creature it is.

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Setebo
A: How tall is a Tree
B:No
C:Yes..every tree on the perimeter
D:No
E.What to do about the monk.I don't get involved in the rules arguments any more

The Shiv Dragon is a variety of Giant Monitor Lizard.(Think Komodo Dragon)

Pteranadons off all sizes are a common sight over the sea and the coast of the Island.Remember also the Savages seem to be without bows.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2
DM Wellard wrote:
E.What to do about the monk.I don't get involved in the rules arguments any more

Wise decision.

Can we get a rough idea of how many savages are in the village?


given the size of the buildings you can see..no more than 40 and no less than 20 people would live here..you have killed 10 savages since you arrived on the island (2 before the party met Helga..two at Plant woman Ridge and 6 at the Ford))


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Re the wall o'veg. Given what we know about plants on this island and how dense/thick the wall looks does it appear possible to sneak through the wall? Perhaps by quietly cutting a few vines to open a crawl space or should we be thinking more solid wall of living wood and less tangled hedge?
Or perhaps going over? From the description it seems very climbable.

quietly...."Hmmm there should be no need to harm the lizard at least. We can open our own door in this hedge with a little quiet work."
Turning to Our Lady, voice kept low. "Excuse me but your eyes are better than mine. The wall looks rather neglected. Do you see any sign that they frequent this side?"

Setebo seems less conflicted about killing the cannibals since finding the captain's camp.

Glancing at the loot list we lack a saw or an axe, well apart from Inkathru's, but we have plenty of the sabers the cannibals use and a two-handed sword. They should do the job.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

After Setbo's statement Caithan turns to Atzi. "Suppose theres anything you can do with that? Can't speak for a druids abilities but perhaps you know a way to make it to our advantage?'


Setebo wrote:


quietly...."Hmmm there should be no need to harm the lizard at least. We can open our own door in this hedge with a little quiet work."
Turning to Our Lady, voice kept low. "Excuse me but your eyes are better than mine. The wall looks rather neglected. Do you see any sign that they frequent this side?"

Don't think so. Made a perception check here.

"We should circle around. See what we can find on looking from the other side."


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Setebo follows the ranger as she circles (away?) from the entrance. The beastly barbarian studies the pallisade as he travels looking for weakpoints.


"Stay back and stay quiet", Natalyah tells the group before sneaking off to find another vantage point.

I'd like to take 10 on my stealth check if i may: 10 + 9 + 2 = 21 . If i can't, use this roll 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 = 14 (+2 for favored terrain). I really, really hope i can take 10.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4
Caithan Kalson wrote:
After Setbo's statement Caithan turns to Atzi. "Suppose theres anything you can do with that? Can't speak for a druids abilities but perhaps you know a way to make it to our advantage?'

Atzi looks at the distance Shiv Dragon and nods. "Yes, I can try but not today. I was expecting to be fighting for my life and the great mother granted me the strength to fight. When we plan on passing through the gate I can try and claim the Dragon as mine for a short time. But it will not last for too long... It is hard to tell sometimes friend Caithan"

She watched Setebo and Natalyah leave and prayed that the mother protect them and hide them beneath her sacred bough.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

oops forgot the stealth check. here it is if you need it.
Setebo trails behind the annoyed Lady of Blades.

Stealth 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4. Oh dear. I would like to take this moment to personally apologise to each of you. But I can't as we are all about to be eaten.


Nat quickly finds that the 'other side' is the ocean and a dizzying drop of about 200 feet to it. In other words the village sits on the end of the headland..

Setebo in answer to your question think of a thickly woven lattice of vines thorns and tree branches..a couple of trees rise above this mess..but hacking through it won't be silent and will take more than a few blows with an axe

I'll try and put a map up over the weekend.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4
DM Wellard wrote:

Nat quickly finds that the 'other side' is the ocean and a dizzying drop of about 200 feet to it. In other words the village sits on the end of the headland..

Setebo in answer to your question think of a thickly woven lattice of vines thorns and tree branches..a couple of trees rise above this mess..but hacking through it won't be silent and will take more than a few blows with an axe

I'll try and put a map up over the weekend.

Well I was thinking of exchanging fast for silent. Take a couple of nights work but if they do not check the outside of the wall we could get through most of the lattice and then make the final push reguardless of the noise. The main goal would be to bypass the lizard.

But this may all be moot now.

At the edge.
Setebo looks down and down and down.
I assume climbing around the stockade is out of the question? At least for the less athletic members of the band.


have you seen Amisi Climb????????

Osirion

Amisi looks at the others.

"I don't like heights ..."

Hey - not fair. She has invested 2 ranks into climb and is no longer negative !! She is now at 0 - quite an achievment for her ...

Amisi then casts Mage Armour - she isn't sure all will go well and she is rather prepared.

Will last 3 hours and I rather have it done now. I can always cast it again tomorrow if there isn't a fight today.


Noone seems to have noticed you and indeed the camp shows all the signs of a people secure in the knowledge that they are completly dominant on the island.You can see one guard tower with are 3 or 4 savages in it but their watch seems to be lax in the extreme.

Caithen

Spoiler:
Military analysis.These Cannibals have had no real opposition for 7 decades..they rule the island and any group unfortunate enough to be shipwrecked here has been wiped out shortly afterwards.They probably feel that they are invincible and the watch is mainly for ships that might be cast up on the shores..this being the case they probably are not looking right under their noses for anything.It is doubtful that they even know the Nightvoice is where it is as it was wrecked at least 30 years before the Thrunes Fang. A swift and concentrated assault at would probably catch them totally off guard..presumably they rely on the Shiv Dragon as a guard dog/warning device. In additon they are.. basically.. human, so they have no night vision and you have two half elves who are handy with bows.

I'm sure given that you can come up with an attack plan


Natalyah shoots Setebo several disgruntled looks as the barbarian makes way to much noise for her liking. "Next time go the other way so you'll at least work as a distraction", she snaps.

"Degernerate and dull of mind", Natalyah says with distain as she surveys the village and the lax guards. "We've seen enough", she tells Setebo. "Don't break the jungle on the way back."

Natalyah relays her and Setebo's findings as they return to the group. "We should go back and gather our gear. Then plan our assault."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Caithan smiles to himself as he contemplates all the information. There is much he wants to say and it shows plainly on his face but he keeps his counsel until they are well away from the compound.

2,351 to 2,400 of 3,960 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.