Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull!

Game Master Wellard


2,151 to 2,200 of 3,957 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>

Natalyah looks over to Caithan and stands dumbstruck not knowing how to handle the barrage of words. "Fine", she finally mutters and displays her lack of social skills when faced with a uncomfortable situation. "Are you done? Can we get back to exploring the island now?"


Well you did ask for it

Your choices are South along the coast or South west into the thicker jungles towards the eastern end of the ridge you were previously camped on


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4
DM Wellard wrote:

Well you did ask for it

Your choices are South along the coast or South west into the thicker jungles towards the eastern end of the ridge you were previously camped on

In the absence of other guidence Setebo takes the lead and starts heading south along the coast. This should be bretty much down the throat of whatever it was Our Lady saw, correct?


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Definitely ready to go south! =)

Survival 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

will post more later =), everyone got sick during the holidays and then i had no internet because my billing services are tools :P


Eager to get moving Natalyah quickly shadows Setebo with her eyes and ears peaked, making sure that the beast doesn't try anything and more importantly, doesn't miss anything.

Survival check to aid Atzi, 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 = 20 (+2 for favored terrain jungle)
Perception check to keep my eyes and ears open, 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 2 = 28 (+2 for favored terrain jungle)

Osirion

Amisi walks along - following the rest of the group.

Survival aid 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 8

Occasionally she is able to read a track but her mind clearly is elsewhere as she relies as normal on the keen eyed druid to spot signs of trouble first.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Bump? =D


You move steadily southwards..the scouts scanning the ground for tracks but finding nothing to reveal what or who the observer was.

After perhaps an hours march you discover a trail that leads back eastward towards the middle of the island.


Natalyah looks down the trail with a frown on her face. "We could be moving closer to them. Keep your eyes open and keep your steps quiet", she warns before moving down the trail.


Natalyahs estimation is that this trail is not particularly well travelled..perhaps whatever lies at the coastal end is something the cannibals don't visit very often.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga follows along, keeping as silent as she can, watching for signs of the natives around them.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Survival (track): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Caithan and Rollo follow though their version of stealth is mainly trying not to give others positions away.

Osirion

Amisi follows along the path - trying not to be an obvious target.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Stealth 1d20 ⇒ 20

Atzi moved ahead of the group, she couldn't be tracked and she was in tune with nature, virtually undetectable as she weaved her way through the jungle.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Stealth 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23. Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Setebo is glad to get moving again. Frankly he is glad to get off dead island. It is a fine camp but the smell still lingers.

"It looks like no one comes here. That should make the camp on dead island even safer."


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi smiles at Setebo and nods in agreement. "This will make our travels much easier, knowing that we do not have to worry as much about the others. Let us see what lies at the end of this trail... I fer it may be another camp. Hopefully there is something to salvage."


You follow the trail for an hour and it joins with a trail that runs vaugely north-south.. southwards it wends it's way along the base of an escarpment which you suspect is the westward end of Plant Woman ridge.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga looks to see which road looks more travelled.

Survival (track): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Just following along for now making that post which says I'm paying attention.

Osirion

Amisi tries to help Helga in case she overlooked anything.

Survival assist 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

But despite having learned some skills in survival since entering the island she is unable in any way to give help to the much more experienced Helga.


The north south trail is well travelled in both directions..


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi looks over the well used trail with a stern eye and nods before looking to the others. "Either this trail leads to their village or their are others like us on this island who have survived somehow in the open... Best we all be on our guard and use the strategy that Caithan laid out for us. If everyone is ready I say we head south and see what lies down there, but lets stick to the Jungle to the west side of the trail and run along the escarpment to avoid this well traveled trail."

Atzi quietly calls Quetza to land and the large reptile starts trundling along with the others so he isn't so easily seen by anyone traveling long the trail. Out of all their members Atzi knew that Quetza drew the most attention, circling like a predator and giving possible enemies a bearing on where they were...


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"Sounds like a plan," Helga agrees. She seems to have become quite acclimatised to the jungle now.

Osirion

"Yes - I will follow you."


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi continues up the west side of the ridge, quietly leading the party through the thick underbrush.

Survival 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Stealth 1d20 ⇒ 17
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Natalyah follows with a sullen expression, annoyed with, in her eyes, the to lax attitude of the group.

Survival roll to aid Atzi: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 = 25 (+2 for favored terrain)
Stealth roll: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 = 20 (+2 for favored terrain)
Perception roll: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17 (i'm unsure if i get a favored terrain bonus for perception rolls. if so, add +2 to the result)


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Survival to Aid Atzi for +31d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Stealth
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 Perception.

Caithan follows as best he can. Obviously not as light as the women he does his best to stay quiet.[/dice]

Osirion

Survival to aid Atzi 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Stealth check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Perception 1d20 ⇒ 5

Amisi follows around - her concentration focussed on helping Arzi and go undetected.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Setebo brings up the rear of the party. His eyes linger on the southbound path as the group takes to the jungle.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Aid other on Atzi:
Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


I've got a ton of work to do right now, so i'm afraid i don't have time to post today and tomorrow. Please DMPC me if necessary.


You move through the jungle alongside the path keeping it just in view..another half mile or so of hacking at vines and detouring around trees before the days heat begins to rise.

The gurrgle of water nearby leads you to one of the slow flowing streams that seem to wind all over the island.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

"MMMmmmm water." Setebo stabs his spear into the muddy shore and drinks deep soaking his manelike hair in the cool water.

"Ahhh that was nice."

Belatedly he remembers he has a larger goal and sheepishly looks about for fresh tracks. Has anyone else been visiting the water lately?


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

You know what they said was the most important thing about the fountain of youth that was the reason those that found it deep in the jungle never came back? Before they drank it they forgot to BOIL IT FIRST!


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Sorry barbarians are immune to Safe food and drug regs. ;7)


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi pulls off her shirt and soaks it in the water, wringing it out over her naked skin to help make the heat more bearable. She doesn't seem concerned with the others watching, no she was more concerned what lay to the south. They were skirting the main trail but today they would see what lie at its end and plan for the worst.

Hopefully I wasn't unclear about where Atzi was leading the group, she is taking them as close to the 'active' trail as she feels comfortable. So we should be heading south and unless I messed up how I was reading those posts.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"Clever," Helga remarks seeing Atzi's trick, and does likewise. She assumes that Caithan's lack of interest is because of his orientation. Barbarians, eh?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Caithan is doing his traditional napping and of course the stiff nobleman is not seeing frolicking naked women.


Natalyah looks around the impromtu camp and her eyes narrow as she notices something mounted on a tree pointing towards the trail..closer examination shows it to be a crude spear trap set to catch those fording the stream on the trail.


Natalyah is just about to sit down in the shade when her eyes catches something in the tree. "Stand still", she hisses and stalks closer. "It's a trap", says Admiral Akbar and points out the spear.

@DM: What sort of skill would be used to disarm it? And can i find the trigger?


As it's a trap using natural Materials I'll allow you to use Survival to disarm it.Disable device would also work.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi looks up at the trap Natalyah points out and gives a grim smile at it, she'd often used traps of a similar nature when out hunting but this was made in mind for something other then wild game. "I will see if I can unmake it, good eye Natalyah. Everyone please stay clear..."

Survival 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Atzi follows the trip wire and tries to make sure it isn't hooked to a pulley system of ropes that may lead to someplace else. The last thing she wanted was a bell or some other warning device telling possible foes where and which of their traps had been tripped...


There is no alarm attached to the trap..which would suggest that it is checked regularly.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

While Natalyah and Atzi deal with the trap Setebo watches the backtrail. Though frankly he is rather distracted since the shirt incidents.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi grimaces, trap was checked regularly. It was a good indication they were dealing with long term inhabitants, but it was a bad sign because they had no idea when they would come to check out their traps. Without any recourse Atzi moves in to try and disable the trap, if she could just remove the spear they could trigger the rest without incident...

Survival? Disable Spear Trap 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

BEfore this is resolved. I not ethat Caithans asleep. Were he not I'm going to mentally tell you about the wonderful opportunities in being a magnificent bastard. Here are the steps;

Step 1: Mark trap so you know where its at.
Step 2: Use the ridiculous amounts of survival coming out of our ears to rustle up some big game.
Step 3: Set trap off, spike game on it.
Step 4: See who comes to investigate watch them, determine a course of action.
Step 5: ???
Step 6: PROFIT!!!


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Bump?


You disable the trap..

How long do you remain in this position to observe the trail?


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

"We should keep moving. The bugs have found us here."
Setebo kills yet another bug trying to make a home in his thick body hair.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2
Setebo wrote:
"We should keep moving. The bugs have found us here."

"Why? We canwait and see who - or what - comes along, as the plan. We can also see where they come from."

2,151 to 2,200 of 3,957 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.