Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull!

Game Master Wellard


1 to 50 of 3,965 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Consciousness returns slowly.

The first sensation is warmth – a rising heat that surrounds you on all sides, seeps into your bones, burns down your back, and settles into your lungs with the thick, heavy air. The grittiness of hot sand scrapes your skin along your cheek and under your hand, and the slow rush and roar of ocean waves on a beach sort themselves out of the sounds in your dreams.

As these sensations trickle into your awareness, so too does memory, the last things you remember drifting out of a distant haze. You were at dinner in the ship’s mess aboard the Jenivere, sitting down to a meal with nearly all the ship’s passengers and a couple of the crew. Of the passengers, only the quiet Varisian scholar Ieana was absent; all the rest were preparing to “enjoy” one of the cook’s infamous watery stews, quietly talking to one another or wrapped in the silence of their own thoughts, just as they had done throughout the Jenivere’s long voyage. And then… nothing. You can recall nothing else, until now.

Just as you are about to open your eyes, a sharp scream pierces the air from somewhere nearby. Jerking up and looking around, you see a pristine white beach and crystalline ocean bay, flanked by rocky bluffs on either side, and a rich green jungle forest beyond the beach’s edge. Long furrows in the sand and footprints lead up the beach to where you are lying, as though someone dragged you from the water; off to one side, stacked in a neat pile, is all your gear and that of your companions, including armor, weapons and equipment.

On the other side is the cause of the scream. Looming over the red-haired Sasha Nevah, one of your fellow passengers, with a long claw already dripping blood, is perhaps the largest crab you have ever seen, more than four feet high to the top of its shell, pincers as long as butchers’ knives. With one hand, Sasha clutches at her leg, where the crab has already sliced through her hamstring, while trying to push herself backward up the beach with the other.

As you stumble to your feet, a wave of nausea sweeps over you, the world seeming to waver and wobble; there is a thick metallic taste in your mouth, and your limbs do not seem to want to cooperate with your desires. Nevertheless, there is no time to waste, if you do not want you or your companions to die on the beach of this nameless island!

All of you are here and have just awakened, along with your fellow passengers Aerys Mavato, Gelik Aberwhinge, Ishirou, Jask Derindi, and Sasha Nevah. You are currently unarmed and unarmored, but your gear is a single move (to get to it) and standard (to retrieve it from the pile) action away. You are also sickened, however, suffering a -2 penalty to attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks and ability checks.

You awaken in order of your posts, and we will use that for your initiative this fight as well. The giant crab has just taken its action to cut a slice out of Sasha’s leg. Take your actions!


Male Human Fighter 1

Storian climbs to his feet slowly, empties his stomach for a moment, then looks out to the beach. Then comes the scream. He swears, moves quickly to the pile of equipment and pulls his greatsword out of the pile. Armour will have to wait...


Storian:
You see none of your fellow crewmates here, not even Tharl and Dann, the two other men who were having dinner with you and the passengers in the ship's mess. It's just you and these ten passengers... for now, at least.


Natalyah groans as she her aching joints cry out for attention. Her eyes flies open as the sand scrapes reaches her senses. She jolts forward as she coughts up some water. She stares dumbstruck out as the at the was ocean and the white beach.

"Where...?", she starts in elven as the scream catches her attention. Scrambling to her feet she sees the piles of equipment and the crab. She rushes to the closest pile to retrieve her short sword or dagger, whichever she can find first.


Female Half-Orc Oracle 1

The scream wakes Inkathru from her dreams suddenly...Blinking the Sand from her eyes, and thinking "By the gods! this is a aweful taste in my mouth.. she stands up just in time to see Storian Charging a giant crab!

"The fool has no Armor on, I should not be suprised he thinks with his sword arm. Lets Fix this problem.. Mutters under her breath as she moves forward towards the warrior

Round one:

I move up to Storian, and cast Shield of Faith on him, Granting +2 deflection bonus to AC, for 1 min (10 rounds)


Natalyah Melethiell wrote:

Natalyah groans as she her aching joints cry out for attention. Her eyes flies open as the sand scrapes reaches her senses. She jolts forward as she coughts up some water. She stares dumbstruck out as the at the was ocean and the white beach.

"Where...?", she starts in elven as the scream catches her attention. Scrambling to her feet she sees the piles of equipment and the crab. She rushes to the closest pile to retrieve her short sword or dagger, whichever she can find first.

Actually, there's no water in your mouth or lungs, and your clothes, while covered in wet sand, are otherwise entirely dry.

Both short sword and dagger are readily available, and you can grab both if you choose in a single standard action.


Carpy DM wrote:
Natalyah Melethiell wrote:

Natalyah groans as she her aching joints cry out for attention. Her eyes flies open as the sand scrapes reaches her senses. She jolts forward as she coughts up some water. She stares dumbstruck out as the at the was ocean and the white beach.

"Where...?", she starts in elven as the scream catches her attention. Scrambling to her feet she sees the piles of equipment and the crab. She rushes to the closest pile to retrieve her short sword or dagger, whichever she can find first.

Actually, there's no water in your mouth or lungs, and your clothes, while covered in wet sand, are otherwise entirely dry.

Both short sword and dagger are readily available, and you can grab both if you choose in a single standard action.

ah, ok. i'll grab both and ready myself to move and attack the crab


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi try's to ignore the vile taste from her mouth, failing at that she spits into the sand in front of her. As she stares at the monstrous thing looming over Sasha Nevah, This is very bad. She staggers to her feet, as she gets close to being fully erect she calls to Quetza hoping that he is near enough to hear her. Standing upright she begins focusing her fear at the crab hoping that it fumbles in its attacks.

Free action - Call to Quetza to come Defend her.

Move action - to reach where the equipment is piled

Atzi cast flare on the giant crab. DC 14 to resist

Hopefully that all works out~ ^^;


Atzi wrote:
Free action - Call to Quetza to come Defend her.

Quezta does not appear to be in the area. The last you knew, the decision had been made to keep the quetzalcoatlus on the deck of the Jenivere, in a large pen constructed for the purpose. When you wanted to bring it out, First Mate Alton Devers would stand guard with a loaded crossbow until it flew off to fish. (Devers told you privately he had no intention of firing the crossbow unless it had already drawn blood from someone; its purpose was purely psychological.) Some of the Jenivere's crew had been deepy uncomfortable having a pterosaur onboard, and the compromise was brokered by Captain Kovack, enforced with strict punishments against any who complained about it afterward.

You do not see it anywhere now.

Atzi wrote:
Move action - Draws out a Shortspear

You don't have one handy, but you can move over to where your gear is piled on the beach in preparation for drawing on next round... Alternatively, you can move and grab the spear, but that means you won't be able to cast this round.

Atzi wrote:
Atzi cast flare on the giant crab. DC 14 to resist

Holding result until I confirm you are casting.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

my apoligizes I realized a little too late my mistake and changed it in my previous post ^^;

move to the pile of gear

call quetza to defend me she hasn't had the time to spare to look around to see if he's nearby or not, the crab is taking alot of her attention

continue casting flare on giant crab ^^;;;


A burst of light appears directly in front of the crab's waving eyestalks, causing it to start in alarm.

Fortitude save, DC 14: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Beyond that, though, the spell seems to have no effect, and after a moment's pause, it continues to scramble up the beach after Sasha.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Curse you and your Dm dice T.T, J/K ;)

Forward thinking for Round 2:

Unless you want me to wait for next round to post my next actions, I was thinking of posting some forward thoughts so you could continue with the battle without waiting on me ^^;

Move Action to retrieve a Shortspear

Standard Action Atzi will cast Produce Flame and attack the giant crab again.

Ranged touch attack 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18 DMG 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

I think this uses up the spell sadly -.-;


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Uchendu groans as consciousness returns to him.

I know ship-based provisions can be poor, but what in the Nine Hells was in that swill last night? I never should have boarded this god-forsaken ship...

However, the piercing scream he overhears helps him to rouse himself from his stupor, enough to realise that he is no longer on board!

By the Great Ang, what has happened to us, and where are we?

Glancing quickly around, he spots his gear in a suspiciously neat pile just near him, agilely throws himself to his feat, and quickly grabs his shield and morningstar, ready to crack the shell of the giant crab.


Atzi wrote:

Curse you and your Dm dice T.T, J/K ;)

** spoiler omitted **

The equipment in the pile is all mixed together, meaning it takes a standard action to pull anything out; you can't arm yourself and cast a spell in the same round at the moment.


Looking around, you can see that most of the other passengers are still unconscious (or, at least, you hope they are) - while Sasha is obviously awake, Aerys, Gelik and Ishirou are still lying unmoving on the sand. Jask, the manacled Garundi man who was brought on board in Corentyn, is stirring slightly, though, and his eyelids flutter toward wakefulness.

Sasha tries to scramble further up the beach, awkward and one-handed, unable to get her feet under her thanks to the vicious cut to her leg. The crab lunges toward her, pincer snapping down her leg once more.

Sasha tries to crawl away, provoking an AoO from the crab. Crab's AoO (AC 9, as she in prone): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22, damage 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4.

The pincer snaps closed around her leg, and she screams again. The crab has grab, and uses it (Sasha's CMD is 12 at the moment): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 The crab does not let go this time, however, and begins trying to drag Sasha back down the beach toward the water.

Sasha and the crab now have the grappled condition.

The second scream seems to be enough to penetrate through to Jask, and he sits up suddenly, looking around in shock. "What in the Hells?" he gasps, then doubles over, wretching. His manacled wrists are chafed and raw, and he looks like he has not slept in a week, but he manages to stumble to his feet all the same.


Natalyah rushes forward toward the creature lashing out with her short sword aiming for the legs in an atempt to inihibit the crab.

Move to get into striking range of the crab, charging if nessecary

attack against the crab (short sword): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
damage (if any): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Don't forget you are sickened; -2 to attack rolls and damage rolls.

Natalyah's strike is uneven, wavering, but the crab is hampered by its grip on Sasha, and she manages to draw blood from one of its many feet. The crab's eyestalks turn toward her, and its free pincer snaps angrily.


Carpy DM wrote:

Don't forget you are sickened; -2 to attack rolls and damage rolls.

Natalyah's strike is uneven, wavering, but the crab is hampered by its grip on Sasha, and she manages to draw blood from one of its many feet. The crab's eyestalks turn toward her, and its free pincer snaps angrily.

d'oh, sorry. although i'm glad my first pbp attack wasn't a miss

Ignoring her nausea and the foul taste in her mouth as best she can Natalyah poises herself and tries to focus on the pincer, hoping to evade any attacks.


Male Human Fighter 1

Storian quickly says, "Thanks," before cautiously advancing towards the crab and swinging his blade as hard as he can; not as hard as he normally could, but hard enough, he hopes, to sever the claw currently holding onto Sasha.

Attack (including -2 for Nauseated): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Power Attack (Ditto): 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 4) + 7 = 15
Confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Crit Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 3) + 7 = 16


The crab moves to keep its claw out of the path of Storian's mighty swing, but winds up simply placing its own shell in the way instead. With an oddly wet crunch, most of the beast's carapace shatters, sending blood and ichor spraying in every direction. It staggers, the claw attached to Sasha seemingly staying closed by pure instinct, but doesn't fall. Quite.


Female Half-Orc Oracle 1

Seeing the Girl's Leg is in Bad Shape, Inkathru moves forward to Heal her

"Hang on Sasha, Helps comming!"

round 2:

I move forward to Sasha, trying to keep her between the Crab and I.

Cure light wounds
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Sasha stares uncomprehendingly as the oracle speaks to her in Ignan, but healing transcends language, and the look of pain on her face softens slightly as the spell washes over her.


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

Seeing the crab already reeling from Storian's hit, Uchendu gives a toothy grin, and charges it, hoping to finish it off...

1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 2 = 16, for 1d8 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 2 = 9 damage.


The massive half-elf's blow completes the grisly work Storian's blade began, crushing the crab and sending it twitching spasmodically to the sand. After a few moments, it stops moving entirely.

End of combat. 100 XP for each of you.

Jask moves among the other passengers, shaking each one awake quickly. Aerys grunts as she sits up, spitting and rubbing her mouth; Gelik looks confused, blinking owlishly around him as if trying to see through an illusion; Ishirou coughs and hacks for a few moments, then begins quietly swearing to himself in Minkai. All look pale and lost, and Jask and Sasha no less so.

"Okay," Sasha says finally, getting carefully to her feet with Inkathru's help. "I'm just gonna ask this. What in the Bloodwalker's name is going on? Where the hell are we? What happened? And why do I feel like Starday morning after a really, really late Fireday night?"


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Well done on the combat Dm xD it was very enjoyable, sorry for my being such a blind fool to what you typed, i'll try not to waste posts in the future >.<;

As she sifts throw the piled gear, carefully placing other peoples belongings aside respectfully, trying to recover her equipment. Atzi listens to the quiet buzz around her with a growing fear blooming in her chest for her lost companion. After recovering most of her gear she slowly scans the nearby waters for their 'missing' vessel, hoping that it may still be visible.

Perception1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

As she tries to think on what had happened her minds wanders through what she knows of in nature that could cause such a strange and foul awakening. She also tries to think on where exactly they have landed, now that anything made of parchment is definitely fouled and useless.

Knowledge Nature1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Knowledge Geography1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

"Betrayal or something unnatural is the only thing that could have caused this" Looking at the other survivors of their ill fated voyage. "The real question is... Where is the ship?


Atzi wrote:
As she sifts throw the piled gear, carefully placing other peoples belongings aside respectfully, trying to recover her equipment.

As she does so, Ishirou steps up quickly, reaching into the pile and drawing out two items: a long sword in a wooden sheath, and what looks like an ivory map or scroll case. He tucks the ivory tube inside his shirt, then slings the sword over his shoulder carefully. The blade's hilt looks to be made of the same ivory as the case, and has been carved into a strange, serpentine dragon form.

Aerys also approaches the pile, but doesn't poke through it other than to retrieve her signature tricorn hat. Instead, she grunts, "It's too much to hope there's some rum in there somewhere, I bet."

Atzi wrote:

Atzi listens to the quiet buzz around her with a growing fear blooming in her chest for her lost companion. After recovering most of her gear she slowly scans the nearby waters for their 'missing' vessel, hoping that it may still be visible.

Perception1d20 + 4

The jungle presses close to the south, but the sun rising to the east over the trees sends beautiful sparkles across the waters of the little cove to the north. At the cove's mouth, several hundred yerds away, Atzi can make out the dark outline of a ship, wedged in among the rocky bluffs that mark the bay's east and west side.

Atzi wrote:
As she tries to think on what had happened her minds wanders through what she knows of in nature that could cause such a strange and foul awakening. She also tries to think on where exactly they have landed, now that anything made of parchment is definitely fouled.

The clothes and belongings on the beach are dry and undamaged; those with maps and the like find them to be perfectly functional. Atzi's study of the area, combined with what she remembers of the ship's course, leads her to one conclusion: they are on an island called Smuggler's Shiv, a notorious site for shipwrecks in the middle of Desperation Bay, more than twenty miles from the Sargavan coast. There's nothing else anywhere near where they were sailing that this could be.

Figuring out why you feel so ill will require a DC 15 Heal check. Any character may make this check, and can do so untrained if you wish.


Smuggler's Shiv information!

Each character may roll the highest of their Knowledge (geography), Knowledge (history), Knowledge (local) or Profession (sailor) to find out what their character knows about Smuggler's Shiv. You know all of the information for the highest DC you match, plus all the lower ones. Remember, if you are rolling a Knowledge skill untrained, you cannot hit any DC higher than 10.

DC 10:
Smuggler's Shiv is a notorious islnd north of Eleder. It's not shown on most maps, but is rightfully feared by those who ply the waters of Desperation Bay. The island is named not only for the knife-like shape of its coastline, but for its uncanny habit of wrecking ships that draw to near - mostly smugglers eager to avoid detection by Saragava's navy.

DC 13:
It's commonly believed that the shores of Smuggler's Shiv are haunted by the ghosts and ghouls of the sailors who have died on the jagged rocks and reefs surrounding the island. These rumors are supported by reports of several failed attempts to establish long-lasting colonies on the island.

DC 16:
When Sargava was first settled, Chelish engineers erected a lighthouse on the Shiv's southwest shore. The light was intended to warn approaching ships of the dangerous waters and, eventually, was to have been the first building in a small colony. The light and all plans for colonization were abandoned just before completion amid rumors of curses, haunts, and cannibalism.

DC 20:
Rumors hold that a group of shipwrecked Chelish soldiers, survivors of the attempted Thrune invasion of Sargava some 70 years ago, were stranded on the island. The rumors claim that they degenerated into a cannibalistic society, and that their descendants scour the isle's shores for shipwreck victims to add to their meals.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

As Atzi is both transfixed by the beauty of the jungle surrounding them, she is filled by a growing fear at the sight of a dark outline of a distant ship wedged in the rocks. As she looks for the best possible path to the ship, she slowly checks herself for wounds and tries to puzzle out what ails her.

Heal1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Satisfied she looks for anything possibly growing nearby that may help to counteract the effects of what ails everyone.

Don't know what the best skill is to roll for this, if it is possible. ^^;

She continues to keep herself busy, while trying to ignore her gnawing fear of the fate of her companion, and hopefully with time everyone starts to recover.

I'll wait for others to post before I do anything more, this is alot of fun thought ^^d

Edit@ DM: Do my earlier rolls count or do you want new ones?


Atzi:
You were poisoned; by the aftertaste, it was probably oil of taggit, a powerful knockout drug. Oil of taggit has no serious long-term effects, and the remaining aftereffects should wear off soon - no more than a few hours, in all probability, and likely much sooner.

The earlier rolls allowed you to recognize the island as Smuggler's Shiv; you need to roll new rolls to determine what you know about the Shiv other than its approximate location...


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Knowledge (geography)1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 :)

She relays what she knows of the island to any who seems interested, if no one appears to care she stays silent and tries to determine whether or not its high tide. She tries to stay alert to their surroundings and keeps an eye on the distant outline of the unknown ship. I'll save you this time my friend.

Knowledge (Survival)1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

If it is starting to get dark out she will cast light on her buckler. She will keep the light going for as long as necessary.

Osirion

A slender young girl is moving out from behind the cover of a big trunk that contains all her belongings. You can hear her shouting something obcene in Osirian.

How did this happen? She will never be able to take with her all the belongings. This was supposed to be a safe travel.

At least some of the other passengers did take care of that monstrosity of a crab. She should have helped and blasted it with her magic - but alas - she hadn't prepared any spells this morning. How should she have known there would be a fight.

Her scrolls - they might be too useful right now until she was able to transfer them into her spellbook - or in a real emergency.

And how should she carry all her stuff. Should she try to sort out what to keep / what to discard of could she find someone carrying at least some of it for her.


Male Half-Elf Oracle (Juju) 5

The threat of the crab ended, Uchendu nods to Storian, one warrior to another, and then returns to the pile to collect the rest of his gear.

Once he has tooled-up, he returns to the remains of the crab, hoists it over his shoulder, and carries it back to the others.

"Regardless of how or why it happened, it *has* happened and we can do nothing to change that. What we need to do now is sort out the basics of survival first."

So saying, he drops the crab to the ground.

"For the moment, we have food, I can create an unlimited supply of water, and I can start fires. The next thing we need is shelter, or at the very least, a more defensible position, whilst why try to work out what has happened."

Uchendu nods to Atzi.

"For the moment, I recommend that we gather all of our gear, and then we can try investigating that stranded ship over there for more equipment, with a view to evaluating it as a base of operations.

We should then set about systematically exploring this gods-forsaken island."

Uchendu will wait for the others to re-equip, throw the crab over his shoulder again, and then head off purposefully in the direction of the hulk.

Osirion

Amisi is looking around. Where are we. What happened. What can she figure out about her current whereabout.

(assuming my skills are okay)

Knowledge Geography: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Knowledge History: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

She walks over to her trunk and drags it a few feet before giving up. That won't work. She will have to decide what to keep and what to take.

She looks around for someone to help her dragging it for her feeling vulnerable. This isn't the same as having one of her servants do her bidding. She will need to adapt and make friends quickly or she will be in a lot of trouble.

While she feels superior on her own turf - she is well aware how much she lacks in the current situation.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Nodding in agreement with Uchendu, it is nice to see another thinking prudently about our situation. "I can ensure that the food and water we are eating is pure from now on, so we can avoid being poisoned again. Someone gave us oil of taggit, why and what there motives were is lost on me." As Atzi was Thinking for a moment about how best to approach the distant ship, Uchnedu burdened himself with moving the monstrosity closer, Atzi then went straight to work cutting off some slice's of crab meat and setting them aside for cooking. "I'm in agreement although by the looks of this ship, it may be dangerous to try approaching when the tide is in and perhaps we will have to wait until the tide is out before its even possible. Swimming to the ship is out as well since we'd get smashed on the rocks in the cove."

Osirion

Amisi sits down close to the others and takes out her spellbook.

She starts to prepare Daze followed by a Magic Missile. She doesn't want to be caught completely off-guard again.

Not preparing everything right now as I wait for the nod from Carpy that my class/spellbook is okay - but also don't want the others to have to wait for me


Male Human Fighter 1

"Nicely done," Hector says to Uchendu, returning the nod as he wipes his blade clean. He heads over to the pile of equipment and retrieves his armour, strapping it on. This takes considerably longer than the fight itself did. Perhaps this is why he wasn't wearing any before?

"And if we're really lucky, that crab will taste nice," he adds once Uchendu is finished.


Uchendu Kybwa'ka wrote:

"For the moment, I recommend that we gather all of our gear, and then we can try investigating that stranded ship over there for more equipment, with a view to evaluating it as a base of operations.

We should then set about systematically exploring this gods-forsaken island."

Uchendu will wait for the others to re-equip, throw the crab over his shoulder again, and then head off purposefully in the direction of the hulk.

Most of the rest of the passengers re-equip fairly quickly. Gelik produces a gnome-sized longsword and buckler, a shortbow, some journals and ink bottles, and what seems to be a spell component pouch; once he has everything, he resets the gem-encrusted hat on his head at a jaunty angle, mutters an incantation under his breath, and magically cleans and presses his clothes. The sand spills off of him with a wave of his hand, and he suddenly seems as though he might have stepped out of a nobleman's party for a bit of air along the beach.

Ishirou reclaims a chain shirt, but other than his sword doesn't seem to have much else. Sasha also comes up with a chain shirt, but pulls an extremely fine rapier out of its sheath and swishes it through the air a few times before buckling it around her waist, then balancing the other side with a vicious looking kukri.

Jask doesn't seem to have much except his manacles, but he approaches the struggling Amisi with an apologetic shrug.

In Osiriani:
"I can't do much with these on, but I could carry one end of that, I think," (he points at the trunk) "if you can carry the other."

Only Aerys doesn't take much part in getting ready. She all but snatches her longbow and studded leather armor from the pile, throws a knapsack over her shoulder (there is the faint clink of glass from within it), then plops herself back down on the sand while the rest of the group continues gathering weapons, armor and gear. She keeps clenching one fist tightly, her knuckles turning white before she relaxes it again.

Osirion

Amisi gives Jask her broadest smile and together with him gets the trunk moved to the others.

In Osiriani:

Why do you have to carry these manacles. I would like to help you as you seem a decent person - but I'm not sure what I can do for you.

She than settles back with her spellbook.


Atzi wrote:
Nodding in agreement with Uchendu, it is nice to see another thinking prudently about our situation. "I can ensure that the food and water we are eating is pure from now on, so we can avoid being poisoned again. Someone gave us oil of taggit, why and what there motives were is lost on me." As Atzi was Thinking for a moment about how best to approach the distant ship, Uchnedu burdened himself with moving the monstrosity closer, Atzi then went straight to work cutting off some slice's of crab meat and setting them aside for cooking. "I'm in agreement although by the looks of this ship, it may be dangerous to try approaching when the tide is in and perhaps we will have to wait until the tide is out before its even possible. Swimming to the ship is out as well since we'd get smashed on the rocks in the cove."

It is mid-morning, and by the looks of it, the tide is currently low-ish, but is coming back in. High tide will likely be in about four hours, with the next low tide about six hours after that. The approach to the ship at normal or high tide will be every bit as dangerous as Atzi suggests if you swim - there is an alternative however, though it is an only slightly less dangerous one. The cliffs overlooking the end of the cove where the ship is wrecked could be climbed, as one overhangs the wreckage; you would have to cover more than 150 feet, however, and a drop would, at best, end with you back in the churning surf at the rocks' edge.

If you head there right now and don't try the rock route, you will be looking at swimming roughly the same 150 feet through churning surf. Otherwise, you've got to wait until nearly sundown.


Amisi wrote:

Amisi gives Jask her broadest smile and together with him gets the trunk moved to the others.

** spoiler omitted **

Jask looks down, his face a mixture of shame and anger, before replying in somber tones.

In Osiriani:
"You boarded in Cheliax; I saw you when I was brought onboard. You know the phrase they have there: 'no good deed goes unpunished?' I learned that, too late. I used to work for the government of Sargava, more than a decade ago now; I worked for the Minister of Foriegn Affairs. One day, I accidentally uncovered evidence suggesting the Minister was making deals with the Free Captains of the Shackles, deals that undercut the Grand Custodian. Unfortunately, my discovery was, itself, discovered, and the Minister framed me for his crimes. I fled to Corentyn, hoping that everyone would forget about me, but about three months ago, a Sargavan bounty hunter found me. And now, well..." He shrugs. "I don't look forward to what awaits me in Eleder, but I'd rather die in my homeland than on some misbegotten speck in the middle of nowhere."


With Uchendu's strike finishing off the crab Natalyah's posture starts to relax as she breath's heavily, trying to get some fresh air to clear her head.

What's wrong with me?, she thinks to herself while trying to get ahold of the situation.

Heal check to try and find out what's wrong (-2 from being sickened included): 1d20 ⇒ 9
Knowledge (geography) check to find out where she is (-2 included): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Without warning, her eyes widen as she exlaims: minun kaumata!

Elven:
My bow!

She rushes to the piles of equipment panicly rifling through them until she finaly finds a old and worn longbow, and exhales in relief.


Female Half-Orc Oracle 1

Closing her eyes, and taking a deep breath, Inkathru can feel the Anxiety of battle leave her. When she speaks next, it is back in common

After Collecting her Gear, which consists of very little; A Single-Bladed Great axe, Darked metal with Red runes carved in it, a Breastplate, and a Traveling backpack, Inkathru checks on Sasha

"How is your Leg? Can you stand? walk? do you need more healing?"


Inkathru wrote:

Closing her eyes, and taking a deep breath, Inkathru can feel the Anxiety of battle leave her. When she speaks next, it is back in common

After Collecting her Gear, which consists of very little; A Single-Bladed Great axe, Darked metal with Red runes carved in it, a Breastplate, and a Traveling backpack, Inkathru checks on Sasha

"How is your Leg? Can you stand? walk? do you need more healing?"

Sasha shakes her head. "No," she replies, "I'm fine. It's just a couple cuts, nothing to worry about. We just need to start looking for a way off this rock; get me that, and I'll walk into the Worldwound for ya."

Inkathru is reasonably certain it will take several days for the injuries to heal on their own; since Sasha at some point seems to have had her left pinkie finger severed, however, she may have a different standard for what a "serious injury" might mean.

Sasha is currently down 8 hit points, not quite half of her total, even after the healing Inkathru did earlier (giant crabs have constrict, the big jerks).


Female Half-Orc Oracle 1

Inkathru Thinks over a few things in her head..

"Is she really really worth another spell?, I have alrady used 2 of my spells Granted by Flaros for the day... and I lothe to hand over one of my potions... Lets wait and see how she fairs, if i have spells left over at the end of the day, i will spend another for her then.."

Inkathru Shrugs..

"Suit yourself. So whats the Plan? Do we want to take these Cliffs, or wait and tr7 to swim for it?"

Osirion

Amisi looks around: how much rope do we have. Do we manage to get enough together that someone who is a better swimmer would be able to reach the ship.

Does someone have some water skins that could be emptied and blown up to be used as floats.

Does anyone know what creatures to expect in these waters.

Tries a knowledge Nature check 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

How likely is it that the rising water will take the ship with it. I don't want to risk anything unnecessary - so we have to look at the risk and the reward.

Osirion

Next spell to learn for the day will be Disrupt Undead.

Amisi shares all she knows about the island with the others.

This is the 5.07 am posting up to 16. I did roll three times for knowledge only reading the post now. I should probably have done so only once. So I'm taking the first (lowest) roll. Still a 16

Talking to the others: We might want to ensure we have a defensible camp before night fall.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4
Carpy DM wrote:
Amisi wrote:

Amisi gives Jask her broadest smile and together with him gets the trunk moved to the others.

** spoiler omitted **

Jask looks down, his face a mixture of shame and anger, before replying in somber tones.

** spoiler omitted **

Sighing at the thought of waiting for low tide, Atzi busied herself in getting to know her 'allies' a little better. But when she saw Jask's hands still bound in that strange device it brought back rage filled memories of how slaves were bound by the Bekyar slavers. She waited politely as they finished talking she slowly approached, with her best smile directed at the woman and Jask. "My name is Atzi of the Zanj tribe, are you a strong warrior as well?"

Hearing everyone talking about risking an approach to the ship Atzi shakes her head sadly in disapproval. "I wish more then any other to reach that vessel, if it is even our ship at all... But to risk our deaths in the surf or a fall from that cliff may cost us more then we can gain... The most important thing on my mind is if anyone can remove these foul things binding this man" She motions to Jask's manacles.


Natalyah seems to relax quite abit while she strings her longbow over her right shoulder. She collects the rest of her equipment and readies her armor as she eyes the rest of the group, sizeing them up one by one.

Natalyah then joins the others who already retrieved their equipment, saying nothing but looking intent to follow Uchendu.

Carpy: How long does the sickining from the poison last?


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4
Natalyah Melethiell wrote:

Natalyah seems to relax quite abit while she strings her longbow over her right shoulder. She collects the rest of her equipment and readies her armor as she eyes the rest of the group, sizeing them up one by one.

Natalyah then joins the others who already retrieved their equipment, saying nothing but looking intent to follow Uchendu.

Carpy: How long does the sickining from the poison last?

I shared it earlier that the effects should be fading soon, but he may have different thoughts ^^;


Amisi wrote:

Does anyone know what creatures to expect in these waters.

Tries a knowledge Nature check

Amisi:
According to the reading Amisi has done, there are a wide variety of potentially dangerous creatures that swim waters like those found in Desperation Bay, from the giant crab you already encoutered to sharks, jellyfish, sea scorpions, eels, sea snakes of many varieties, and more. However, few large creatures would be likely to swim through those waters, for the same reasons the group is: too dangerous for large swimmers. Smaller fish have an easier time with it, but are far less likely to be a threat.

By the way, I have a couple favors to ask. First, can you mark rules stuff out with the blue "Out of Character" color that the rest of us have been using? You can use it with the {ooc}{/ooc} tags (change the {} signs to [brackets] and it will work). It will make it much easier to separate out what is happening in your posts.

For the same reason, I'd appreciate it if you would either mark your in-character dialogue with bold tags, quotation marks, or both, so I know what Amisi is actually saying, as opposed to just thinking or observing. Thanks!

1 to 50 of 3,965 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.