Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Caravan to Minkai - Jade Regent AP (Inactive)

Game Master Azure_Zero

Another game brought to you by Azure Zero


251 to 300 of 1,636 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Half Elf Cavalier L2 /Ranger L2 Gestalt/ Mythic Champion Tier 1 | AC 20 (T12F18) CMD17 | HP: 25/30 | Saves: F+6 R+5 W+0 | Percep +6 | Condition: Deafened

Sir Alfric looks around nervously.
"Yes, yes. We wouldn't want any of them to get hurt. Lets make sure befor any more of those duplicate creature-people show up."


Shalelu Andosana:
"Faceless stalkers tend to do a solo act when impersonating anyone, so I doubt there is more in this building."


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

"Good!"

Natara starts helping Walthus look for his snakes.


"That's a slightly comforting thought, that they run solo."


Walthus Proudstump:
"As thanks for getting removing that copy cat,
I'll be more than happy to help you out."


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

"We are representing the town, looking into reports that the goblins of this swamp have recently acquired fireworks which they are using as weapons. We want to learn more aobut the situation so we can -um- defuse it before it grows any worse. Fortunately they don't seem to be very efficent with them as yet. We hope to keep it that way. What can you tell use about the swamp and its denizens? Especially the goblins, of course.


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

"Let me show you where I saw that one snake dissapear."

Natara will head back into the kitchen to show Walthus the hole the snake squirmed through.


Walthus Proudstump:
"Oh I think your referring to the LickToad tribe of goblins around here. Just follow the old fish trail and it'll lead you to the LickToad's camp, and watch out for the Soggy River Monster."

Know(local to know the path) or the fragments on Soggy


Male Half Elf Cavalier L2 /Ranger L2 Gestalt/ Mythic Champion Tier 1 | AC 20 (T12F18) CMD17 | HP: 25/30 | Saves: F+6 R+5 W+0 | Percep +6 | Condition: Deafened

Sir Alfric glanced at Lady Shalelu, hoping that she knew the way.


Shalelu Andosana does not have know local?

If you have to, just roll an int check.


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

KN: Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

"I'm not from around here, but I think Sandru-san metioned something about where the attacks were made. Perhaps starting from there to track them? And, Wathus-san, what is this Soggy River Monster you mentioned?


Walthus Proudstump:
"Soggy is a super predator here in the swamp, Mind you this is what I have heard from some nearby fishermen"
The Soggy River Monster was seen again, this time
by a fisherman on the New Fish Trail. He said it stood
taller than a man, had white skin, and had a mouth
that opened up all the way down its neck. It was eating
what looked like a goblin on the far side of the river,
which is why the farmer managed to escape.


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

"Sounds fun to meet. Eating a goblin, hm. Somehow I don't think this would be a case of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'"


"I don't think, I'll be able to eat lunch after hearing that."


Male Half Elf Cavalier L2 /Ranger L2 Gestalt/ Mythic Champion Tier 1 | AC 20 (T12F18) CMD17 | HP: 25/30 | Saves: F+6 R+5 W+0 | Percep +6 | Condition: Deafened

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Another skill I couldn't afford at first level...;)

Sir Alfric frowns thoughtfully.
"I'm not sure I'm familiar with the area. But if we can strike their trail, I can follow it."


Know(local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Know(local) DC 14:
The Old fishing trail is still around, but not used much

Know(local) DC 20:
The old fishing trail goes to the cliff and You know of the Witches walk path.


Isn't the old fish trail the one with Jason's Bloody Crystal, near the trail."


Shalelu Andosana:
"You mean the trail near, where we did some survival games, when you were a child."


That's the one.


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

"Since the two of you know this trail, that should make things easier. Walthus-san, can you give us an idea of how far from here the goblin's village is?"


Walthus Proudstump:
"It's a about 1000ft from the major T junction in the path and towards Sog's Bay."


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

"When should we start? The sooner we deal with them the less likely anyone else will be injured. Still, I suspect this swamp has it's own dangers. Is there anyone else living in the swamp -besides the goblins- who might know more?"


Walthus Proudstump:
"Nope, I'm it.
Unless you count Megus The swamp witch."


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

"Megus the swamp witch? Might she know more of this, maybe even where the goblins found those fireworks? Or even if they've learned to make them?


Radko's eyes open wider and wider as he's listening to the conversation.
Firework-wielding goblins, soggy monster eating them alive, swamp witches... What else could this unassuming bog hide?
"I wonder if she would be interested in seeing us at all, as opposed to, say, putting some hex on us and feeding us to the river monster. Have you ever seen this witch, Mr. Proudstump?"


Walthus Proudstump:
"Oh, Heck no.
And I don't want to."


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

"I take it she has a rather poor reputation around here. Well, we could speak with her if neccessary, but taking out the fireworks is peobqably more important. Maybe after we deal with the goblins, we can check with her to see if she knows anything about their source."


Male Half Elf Cavalier L2 /Ranger L2 Gestalt/ Mythic Champion Tier 1 | AC 20 (T12F18) CMD17 | HP: 25/30 | Saves: F+6 R+5 W+0 | Percep +6 | Condition: Deafened

Sir Alfric peeks through one of the shuttered windows, wondering if there is enough daylight to set out immediately.
Where there are fewer snakes.
Like a swamp.
Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

"Perhaps we should remain here overnight, both to avoid getting lost in the swamp and to restore our various strengths. I'd rather NOT meet this 'Soggy River Monster' in the dark, and unprepared. Also we might be able to provide further healing to Mr. Proudstump after his ordeal. Mr. Proudstump-san, may we stay the night?"

She pauses, suddenly remembering the prisoner.

"And what are we to do with that faceless stalker creature?"


Walthus Proudstump:
"Sorry.
But I would not be able to sleep comfy tonight,
knowing it's in the house."


"But killing a defenseless being is evil,
so I say we just drop him off somewhere in the swamp
and let nature take its course."


Shalelu Andosana:
"I have to agree with Walthus in that,
if it escapes it could kill us in our sleep.
And I have to agree with my sister."


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

"That sounds like a reasonable plan. I agree, slaughtering it out of hand would be wrong. Our only other option would be to drag it back to town and hand it over to the sheriff. We need to be sure we impress upon it that if it returns to attach Mr. Proudstump again, we will not be so merciful."


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

She pauses for a moment.

"Or anyone else, for that matter."


Shalelu Andosana:
"Faceless stalkers tend to attack you when your defenseless or off guard."


"Huh. Neither of these options look appealing to me, to be honest. Who knows what would such a creature be capable of if allowed in town? Impersonating a sheriff, perhaps? But remorselessly killing a helpless monster rubs me the wrong way too. Perhaps we could let it loose somewhere near the goblin camp, where it could find easier prey than mr. Walthus here?"


Male Half Elf Cavalier L2 /Ranger L2 Gestalt/ Mythic Champion Tier 1 | AC 20 (T12F18) CMD17 | HP: 25/30 | Saves: F+6 R+5 W+0 | Percep +6 | Condition: Deafened

Sir Alfric nods at Radko's notion.
"That seems to be our least evil option."


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

"Actually, I ment 'other option' as opposed to droping it off in the swamp to try again. I'm not sure about sicing it on the goblins. What if it takes over and can plan better? We don't need to replace one problem with another. Sigh. Leaving it in the swamp does seem to be the best option. And keeping it prisoner with us is bad, too. If it's sentient, that's slavery, and if it's not, it would probably make a terrible pet."


"I also think if it gets control of the goblins, it could make the problem worse."


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

"So, release it in the swamp, or take it back to town and turn it over to the sheriff?"


"I say leave it in the swamp."


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

"Works for me. Let's just make sure we impress on it that it needs to stay away from people."


Radko heads back downstairs, hoping that the creature didn't escape the bonds while they were loudly discussing its fate.


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

Natara goes with him, just to be safe.


Escape artist: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

The little bugger is gone.


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

"Oops. Hey, everyone watch out, it got away!"


"Oh, Crap. That sucks.
Hopefully nature takes care of the little bugger."


a few moments later in the distance you hear something.


Walthus Proudstump:
"Sounds like soggy found something to eat."

251 to 300 of 1,636 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Brinewall Legacy - Jade Regent AP (part 1) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.