Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Caravan to Minkai - Jade Regent AP (Inactive)

Game Master Azure_Zero

Another game brought to you by Azure Zero


101 to 150 of 1,636 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

To GM: What is the terrain like here?


Looks like normal terrain, no movement costs.
Unless you cross through the water.

Cheliax

The goblins scatter going this way and that before drawing bows and taking aim.

Arrows fly as two of the creatures climb the railing of the bridge to get a better vantage point.

Shalelu returns their fire with two arrows of her own. Both arrows miss their mark and the elf tsks, "They need to hold still darn them."

Rolls:

attack vs Sir Alric 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 1d4 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
attack vs Radok 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 1d4 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
attack vs Mia 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 1d4 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

Shalelu attacks 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Combat:

Initative Order:
Round 1
Radok - attack hit dmg=6 (kills goblin)
Mai - ready action(set vs charge)
Goblins various
Shalelu - attack miss
Natara - Is UP
Sir Alric

NOTES:
Al terrain except for the knee high black swamp water under the bridge is normal terrain. The water is difficult.

____________________________________

COMBAT MAP: HERE


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

Natara moves to R8 and fires at the goblin at I6.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

ooc:
Hey, max damage to whatever I hit. Too bad it wasn't the goblin!


Male Half Elf Cavalier/Ranger L2 Gestalt/ Mythic Champion Tier 1 | AC 20 (T12F18) CMD17 | HP: 27/30 | Saves: F+6 R+5 W+0 | Percep +6 | Condition:

Status:

AC 18 (16 this round only)
hp 14 (1d10+3)

With a shout, Sir Alfric will brush by Mai on the way to charging the goblins.
Sir Alfric will charge along the (3,4) row, stopping at (L,M,3,4) and lancing the goblin at (K,3).
Charge Lance attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21 for a possible 2d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 + 4 = 12 points piercing damage.


A little out of order, but it'll speed things up since I am going to sleep for the night.

Mai Goes to L5
Defense Fighting (+2 AC for turn, AC now at 19).

Cheliax

Radok can go for round 2 and then I will go for the goblins/Shalelu and update the map. He has a clear shot to the goblin at I-6


Radko noticed an opening between the mounted sir Alfric and a second goblin, and rushed to meet him with a powerful swing of his axe.


Charge R6 -> K5, attacking J4.
Power Attack:1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 11
Damage:1d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 3 = 18

Cheliax

J-6 and K-6 are actually spots in the water. There is a whole in the bridge there. Sorry. But you were right it is 40'.

You may re-take your action but keep the rolls


Oops! I've edited the original post to avoid confusion. This time I move towards K5, next to Alfric, and attack J4.


It's the goblins turn, I stated my actions in my last post.

Cheliax

Sir Alric's charge takes out a goblin but blocks Shaleu's line of sight. The elf moves over to the other side of the road as the goblins fire at the group on the bridge.

Her arrow takes out a critter on the railing and it splashes into the dark water.

Combat:

Initiative Order:
Round 2
Radok - charge - attack miss
Mai - double move
Goblins various attacks
Shalelu - attack (goblin at H-2) 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28... 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Natara - IS UP
Sir Alric - IS UP

Rolls:

goblin vs Sir Alric 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7... 1d4 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
goblin vs Sir Alric 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4... 1d4 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
goblin vs Mia 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10... 1d4 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
goblin vs Radok 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5... 1d4 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Notes:

- Sir Alric's lance has reach so I put your character back on the map to account for this.
- Mia to go into total defense is a standard action so moving there and having a bonus AC is not possible. Choose to have you where you wanted to be as you are close to getting into combat.
- Goblin at H-2 on the map is dead.
- All the goblins missed what a surprise. I rolled back to back 20's against the PCs in another game guess you are getting the low rolls.
- Everyone please keep track of bolts and arrows. Not sure but you may find more but not right off.

__________________________________

COMBAT MAP


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

Natara loads her crossbow [it's light so she can fire again immediately] and fires at the goblin at I6 again.

Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Damage 1d8 ⇒ 5


Male Half Elf Cavalier/Ranger L2 Gestalt/ Mythic Champion Tier 1 | AC 20 (T12F18) CMD17 | HP: 27/30 | Saves: F+6 R+5 W+0 | Percep +6 | Condition:

Status:

AC 18 (16 this round only)
hp 14 (1d10+3)

Sir Alfric walks Zephyr forward five feet and thrusts his lance at the goblin at (J,4).

Lance attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 for a possible 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 points piercing damage.

Cheliax

Natara wounds the goblin badly and it drops it's bow looking ready to run at the next opportunity.

Sir Alric has trouble spearing the quickly little bas**** with his weapon as it dodges out of the way.

End of Round 2

Radok and Mia are up.


Cursing himself for overshooting with the initial swing, Radko used the inertia of the charge to spin around and deliver a follow-up blow diagonally upwards.
Attack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage:1d12 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Mai moves to I2 (route L5->L3->K2->I2 (5 squares))
and Attacks Gob @ H2

Atk (Katana):1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23Crit
Atk (Katana):1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14??
Dam (Katana):1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Dam (Katana):1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

I think I lopped a head off.

Cheliax

The last two goblins turn tail and start to run off back down the road. One still has a bolt in his side form Natara.

OOC:
Need to know what the characters would do in this situation.

Situation: The enemy is beaten and running off. It would be no problem for the PCs to catch them and finish them off.

Please think on it and post up your actions. This will help me to get a feel for them (if I ever need to DM-PC them). As well as give me fuel for further RP.


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

Natara sighs and lowers her crossbow.

"These creatures weren't much of a threat.I thought you said they were using fireworks on people. Maybe they're out of them?"

Response_to_GM:
Natara will not persue these unless Shalelu, as commander, orders such to prevent them from alerting the rest of the tribe. She would be opposed to killing any who surrender, though not quite sure what to do with a prisoner.

She would also be cautious about asking a prisoner to guide them, as in a similar situation she, herself, whould be planning on tricking her captors in some fashion. She would go along with such a plan, but keep a wary eye on the prisoner.


Male Half Elf Cavalier/Ranger L2 Gestalt/ Mythic Champion Tier 1 | AC 20 (T12F18) CMD17 | HP: 27/30 | Saves: F+6 R+5 W+0 | Percep +6 | Condition:

Sir Alfric reigns in.
"Hm. These don't seem to be using fireworks, so may not be the ones we want. I dislike the thought of running them down from behind, but they are dangerous vermin and need to be culled now and again."
He turns to Shalelu.
"What say you milady? Shall we turn aside to pursue the vermin?"
He stops, suddenly remembers something.
"Come to think of it, they seemed to be running from something..." He looks back the way the goblins came.


Radko returns to pick up his crossbow.
Well, that wasn't much of a fight. I'm sure these pests were not the ones we were looking for, right Shalelu? While we're in these parts anyway, we could just as well go and investigate what those wretches seemed to be fleeing from. Who knows, maybe we could find an ally?


"I think this group was more of a scavenging or hunting party of goblins.
We'll find the group with the fireworks somewhere in here.

As for the goblins, I saw we let them go.
They have in a way surrendered, and killing someone who surrendered is effectively murder."


Shalelu

Shalelu clicks her teeth at the running goblins. "You may be right," she says with a sigh. "They seemed in a hurry and from the looks of it, not armed with any fireworks."

She looks over the bodies, but doesn't search them, knowing they will have little of value on them. "More than ever I want to go talk to Walthus. Let's keep going but keep alert." she adds taking up the lead along the path.

Please roll a perception check - I will be updating further tomorrow night but they is a little foreshadowing I wish to do.


Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

perception:: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Male Half Elf Cavalier/Ranger L2 Gestalt/ Mythic Champion Tier 1 | AC 20 (T12F18) CMD17 | HP: 27/30 | Saves: F+6 R+5 W+0 | Percep +6 | Condition:

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Cheliax

Everyone above 20, nice

As the group follows the relatively new trail through the swamp they hear a strange high pitched bestial cry. It seems to be coming from deep inside the swamp.

It's almost like a bird cry, but with a more feral feel to it like a predator calling at the coming night. Deep in the swamp the little bit of sunlight left gives the trees deeper off the trail a dark sinister look and almost anything could be hiding in them.

Crossing one more stone bridge the group finds the odd home of Walthus Proudstump.

Quote:


A muddy trail leads up to a swampy lagoon. The open ocean is visible just beyond these shallow waters, while an old two-story building, its walls soggy with moss and its roof sagging with age, sits on the lagoon’s eastern shore.

Shalelu moves up to knock on the door and after a long wait and more banging it opens to show a bedraggled halfling ranger.

"Sorry I'm in no mood for visitors, please go away."he says with the door only half open.

Before he can shut it Shalelu puts a foot to the door and says. "We need information and a place to stay for the night Walthus. You have both you know."

Little diplomacy help if you will.


Mai does a slightly more flirty version of standing and says
"We would appreciate it, greatly. And it would give you company for a time."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Male Half Elf Cavalier/Ranger L2 Gestalt/ Mythic Champion Tier 1 | AC 20 (T12F18) CMD17 | HP: 27/30 | Saves: F+6 R+5 W+0 | Percep +6 | Condition:

Sir Alfric dismounts and bows formally.
"Our apologies for interrupting you sir. There is a danger to the people, and you are our only hope."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Radko keeps silent. He is mostly busy with not looking at Mai.


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

[b]"Indeed, Sir Warden, we would appreciate your aid and your knowledge of the swamp and it's goblin inhabitants."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

She gives a formal and polite bow.


Radko Vladek wrote:
Radko keeps silent. He is mostly busy with not looking at Mai.

she is being subtle firty, enough that it's not obvious, but enough for the subconscious to pick up.


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

OOC:
I like my new Kindle fire but I can't use it to check this thread, I've been checking since 6:30 PM Eastern and it never showed the posts after Sir Alfric's perception roll. Sigh.


Natara Kaijitsu wrote:

I like my new Kindle fire but I can't use it to check this thread, I've been checking since 6:30 PM Eastern and it never showed the posts after Sir Alfric's perception roll. Sigh.

I know about that to a degree. Try viewing posts on a PSP, you have to do some monkey work with the settings to get to be useable on the site.

Cheliax

"Walthus." the halfling says as if confused. Then shaking his head he steps back opening the door the whole way. "I'm sorry. I not feeling well. Please come in. Come in."

He eyes the female members of the party with a sideways glance (especially Mai), before closing the door and asking, "May I get you something to eat? I was about to make a pot of soup."


Shalelu

The elf enters unworried by the strangeness of the strange little man. "None for me. But please make your dinner we can discuss why we are here over it."

Anyone wish to elaborate why you are here? Also roll Sense Motive checks. Not for the above (pretty sure you understood that) but for what is to come.


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

"Walthus-san, we appologize for disturbing you, however the the matter that brings us here is urgent. Of late, it would seem that the goblins of this swamp have somehow gained fireworks as weapons and are using them on travelers on the main road. We are acting for the town, in an effort to stop them before they become bold enough to assault Sandpoint itself. Is there anything you can tell us about the gobins? Where they reside, how they might have acquired those fireworks? Any small item might be of great use in our quest.

She gives him another polite bow, observing him closely to determine the effect of her speach

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


She enters and bows politely

sense motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Yoink


Male Half Elf Cavalier/Ranger L2 Gestalt/ Mythic Champion Tier 1 | AC 20 (T12F18) CMD17 | HP: 27/30 | Saves: F+6 R+5 W+0 | Percep +6 | Condition:

Sir Alfric dismounts and pulls off his greathelm. Sweeping his hair from his eyes, he executes a formal bow.
"I am honored to be under your roof sir."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Radko comes inside last, somewhat sheepishly.
"Please excuse us, sir Walthus, but we have come too far from Sandpoint while looking for those strange goblins. We don't mean to be a nuisance. I hope you don't mind us spending a night here too much?"
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Cheliax

Taking the group towards the kitchen the halfling starts to oddly prep things for dinner. He takes and opens the back door leading out of the house, but shuts it quickly before walking over to the only other door and opening it revealing the pantry.

He spends a minute looking around before coming out with an armful of vegetables. He places them on the table and moves towards the fireplace that holds some pots and pans on the wall and floor. He grabs a large pot and drops it almost immediately.

"Darn snakes!" he yells stepping back from the pot.

The group sees a small black and red stripe snake wither out of the dropped pot and slither quickly towards a hole in the wall before disappearing. Rubbing his arms the halfling glares at the hole for a minute before going back over and picking up the pot and setting it near the table.

The oddity of his actions has you all wondering. Why didn't he know which door led to the pantry? Isn't Walthus some sort of snake-wrangler? Before you can say anything Walthus speaks up.

"Need to get some water. I'll be right back." the halfling then takes the empty pot and heads outside, leaving the group to themselves.

Sense Motive:
Everyone passed the DC - It seems to you that he is acting like it is the first time he has been in his own kitchen.


she whispers to the group
"Something is off, that is likely not Walthus-san."


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

Natara nods to Mai and moves through the room observing it, positioning herself so that if it comes to a fight, she can flank with her companions.

"Because of the snakes? Aren't they supposedly his pets?"

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

She's looking for signs of a struggle or any indication of a second person in the house.

"I hope your friend is all right."


Male Half Elf Cavalier/Ranger L2 Gestalt/ Mythic Champion Tier 1 | AC 20 (T12F18) CMD17 | HP: 27/30 | Saves: F+6 R+5 W+0 | Percep +6 | Condition:

"Should we go out and grab him now, or wait for him to come back? There are questions we need him to answer." Sir Alfric grips his sword tightly.


As Radko ponders sir Alfric's question, he is overcome with a strange feeling. Alfric's voice echoes in his head, twisting, ringing, until suddenly he sees himself and his companions as if from under the roof. The halfling returns and they all gang up on him and tie him up. Then the vision dissipates as suddenly as it appeared.
Using Fate inquisition - Augury as a spell-like ability. The question is: Should we attack the impostor of Walthus?


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

"It does seem -odd- that he seemed to not know his own house, but if he's ill or hurt that might account for his actions. Still, someone keep an eye on the back door...just in case."

She pushes open the pantry door and glances inside.


while sitting at the table she stealthily draws her Wakizashi and keeps her left hand and Wakizashi under the table.


Female Human; 3/4 Tian-Min Shinobi: gestalt Ninja/Sorcerer ; HP: 18; AC13/T12/F11; fort +1/Ref +5/Will +4

Spoiler:
The ninjas are ready...which probably means we'll get our butts handed to us in the first 5 seconds. ;P

101 to 150 of 1,636 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Brinewall Legacy - Jade Regent AP (part 1) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.