Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Captain Collateral Damage's Ruins of Azlant

Game Master Captain collateral damage

Island Map
Party Treasure


301 to 350 of 463 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

status:
AC 15 (t 13) (ff 12) | F+2, R+6, W+1 | CMB +3 CMD 14 | Init +5, Per +5, SM +5 | speed 30 ft (swim 40 ft) | HP 11/19
Male Undine:
Racial Traits: Deepsight, Flesh Chameleon, Hydrated Vitality, Ooze Breath
Pirate and Scout Rogue (unchained) archetypes, level 2

Magic identification is not Bhookaaj's forte...


Female Undine Cleric / 2 || Init: +1 / HP: 13/13/ AC: 14 / FF: 13 / Touch:11 / Saves: F: +3, R: +1, W: +7

I'll be sure to take Spellcraft next level then. ;)

"Well, we can just save the vials and figure out what they are later on. Since there doesn't seem to be anything else of note here, shall we move on and try to follow the tracks?"

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Male Human

Lorelei follows the tracks outside the wall and down a dirt road. The tracks become muddled at an intersection, making them harder to follow.
Make another survival check, please.


Female Undine Cleric / 2 || Init: +1 / HP: 13/13/ AC: 14 / FF: 13 / Touch:11 / Saves: F: +3, R: +1, W: +7

survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

"Darn it. I'm having trouble sorting out all the tracks here, is anyone good at tracking?"


Malenti HP 11/24 | AC 13/10/13 | F +6 R +6 W +3 |

”... no.” Ebirah states glumly.


status:
AC 15 (t 13) (ff 12) | F+2, R+6, W+1 | CMB +3 CMD 14 | Init +5, Per +5, SM +5 | speed 30 ft (swim 40 ft) | HP 11/19
Male Undine:
Racial Traits: Deepsight, Flesh Chameleon, Hydrated Vitality, Ooze Breath
Pirate and Scout Rogue (unchained) archetypes, level 2

Bhookaaj tries to study the tracks as well.
"I'm not an expert, but I can look, I suppose."
survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Female Human (Ulfen) Kineticist (Hydrokineticist)2 | hp 24/24 | AC18 T13 FF15 | CMD 14 | F +7 R +6 W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +4 | Perception +6

Kela looks around, hoping to be at least slightly helpful in finding tracks.

Can you aid another untrained? I think so, but if not please ignore the below

Aid Another Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Male Human

I think you can, as long as its not a trained only skill.
Lorelei finds the tracks pick up again on the other side of the intersection, moving towards a house farther away from the others.

Perception checks:
Perceptions: Bhookaj; Gorglumch; Kela; Ebirah; Valdern; Rhyfedd; Elia; Lorelei: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 251d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 101d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

As Lorelei follows the tracks, a strange plantlike creature bursts from a nearby vegetable patch. It begins to lash out with razor sharp leaves,
Initiative: Bhookaj; Gorglumch; Kela; Ebirah; Valdern; Elia; Lorelei; Monsters: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 61d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 131d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Bhookaaj; Ebirah; Valdern; Rhyfedd; and Lorelei succeeded on Perception checks, so they may take an action in the surprise round.


Malenti HP 11/24 | AC 13/10/13 | F +6 R +6 W +3 |

Once the plant appears... and attacks, Ebirah charges it with machete they had procured earlier.

Machete: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 19
Slashing, Magical: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8


status:
AC 15 (t 13) (ff 12) | F+2, R+6, W+1 | CMB +3 CMD 14 | Init +5, Per +5, SM +5 | speed 30 ft (swim 40 ft) | HP 11/19
Male Undine:
Racial Traits: Deepsight, Flesh Chameleon, Hydrated Vitality, Ooze Breath
Pirate and Scout Rogue (unchained) archetypes, level 2

Surprise Round
Bhookaaj also attacks the plant creature with his own machete, and gets oppiste it from Ebirah to flank the creature:
chop-chop (+1 machete): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (6) = 10
... but gets distracted by the surrounding vegetation (apparently)


Female Human (Varisian) Wizard 1

Once again, Elia opted to hit the enemy with her trusty quarterstaff, privately reflecting that whoever had been tending that vegetable patch had clearly let the weed situation get out of hand.

attack: 1d20 ⇒ 17 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Also, a belated spellcraft check: Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Male Human

Bhookaaj, you can machetes are light weapons, so you can finesse them.
Ebirah and Bhookaaj hack at the creature, and Ebirah lands a hit.
Valdern and Lorelei are up and have been PM'd.


Male Dwarf Phantom | hp 17/17 | AC15 T11 FF14 | CMD 15 | DR 5/Slashing | F +4 R +1 W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Perception +5 | Valdern

Rhyfedd gets into melee with the creature. He hits the creature at the base hoping to throw it off balance.

Slam-Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Dwarf Drowned Channeler 2 | hp 17/17 | AC15 T12 FF13 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +2 W +6 | Spd 20' | Init +3 | Perception +8 | Phantom
Spiritualist’s Ressources:
Spells : Level 1 (3/3) |

Valdern gets closer and use the reach of his weapon to attack. While his thrust is true, the strength of it isn't enough to inflict a lot of damage.

Long Spear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Female Undine Cleric / 2 || Init: +1 / HP: 13/13/ AC: 14 / FF: 13 / Touch:11 / Saves: F: +3, R: +1, W: +7

know nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Lorelei tries to fire a bolt at the weird plan thing while she tries to figure out what it is and how best to hurt it.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Human

Lorelei recalls that plant creatures are typically immune to mind-affecting effects, as well as paralysis and most poisons.
The dwarves' attacks both strike the creature, and it lashes out wildly with its spearlike appendage. It catches Ebirah in the shoulder, and the wound begins to bleed profusely.

GM rolls:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (5) = 10

Everyone but Elia is up.
Ebirah takes 10 damage, 5 of which is bleed.


Malenti HP 11/24 | AC 13/10/13 | F +6 R +6 W +3 |

Ebby just gives a weakened grunt before swinging, the poison running through the blood he still had in him sapping all his energy. That and his lifeblood leaking out made him feel rather numb.

Machete: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 18
Slashing, Magical: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7


Female Human (Ulfen) Kineticist (Hydrokineticist)2 | hp 24/24 | AC18 T13 FF15 | CMD 14 | F +7 R +6 W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +4 | Perception +6

Kela lashes out with a tendril of solid water, hoping she can hit the creature through the large number of combatants. She gives a quick thought to wonder if she has seen a creature quite like this before.

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Kinetic Blast (firing into melee): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 131d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


status:
AC 15 (t 13) (ff 12) | F+2, R+6, W+1 | CMB +3 CMD 14 | Init +5, Per +5, SM +5 | speed 30 ft (swim 40 ft) | HP 11/19
Male Undine:
Racial Traits: Deepsight, Flesh Chameleon, Hydrated Vitality, Ooze Breath
Pirate and Scout Rogue (unchained) archetypes, level 2

Round 1
Bhookaaj attacks the plant creature again with own machete, trying to maintain a flanking position:
chop-chop (+1 machete): 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11 ... including flanking (if applicable)
damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (2) = 7

@ Captain collateral damage:
I've got all this plugged into HL at home at I have a BAB of +0 with the machete.
HL shows +3 for dexterity, +1 for its magic properties, but also -4 for non-proficiency
I doubt that extra +4 would help with the ghastly rolls I'm getting, though.


Female Undine Cleric / 2 || Init: +1 / HP: 13/13/ AC: 14 / FF: 13 / Touch:11 / Saves: F: +3, R: +1, W: +7

Lorelei will fire at the plant thing again and hopes that this is the last of the unwelcome creatures that have invaded the colony area.

ranged: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 4 = 1
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5


Male Dwarf Phantom | hp 17/17 | AC15 T11 FF14 | CMD 15 | DR 5/Slashing | F +4 R +1 W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Perception +5 | Valdern

Now that he is in melee with the creature, Rhyfedd unleash a series of blows. The first one is a solid blow to the creature. The second one has a lot of strength in it, but it is hard to know if it connected where it needed to.

Slam-Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 1 = 22
Slam-Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 1 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male Dwarf Drowned Channeler 2 | hp 17/17 | AC15 T12 FF13 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +2 W +6 | Spd 20' | Init +3 | Perception +8 | Phantom
Spiritualist’s Ressources:
Spells : Level 1 (3/3) |

Valdern tries to be as accurate as Rhyfedd, but he just can't connect. "Bah! I'm better at making those then using them."

Long Spear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Human

Rhyfedd's blow brings the creature down. Combat is over
The tracks lead to a solitary house, with a well and vegetable patch nearby. A painted rock near the entrance marks this as the "Levin Farm".
Inside, the house is in a state of disarray much like other buildings. Much of the simple wooden furniture is damaged or flipped over, random scraps of cloth litter the floor, and produce like corn or melons lie about, half-eaten and rotting. A pair of barrels, both marked "Ale", are against a wall.

Perception DC 12:
One of the floorboards is oddly warped.

As you look around, a sudden and loud "Thud" noise comes from the other side of the house, as if something fell off the roof.


Malenti HP 11/24 | AC 13/10/13 | F +6 R +6 W +3 |

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"One of the boards... it's warped." Ebirah says as he uses one of his daggers to inspect the board and possibly pry it loose, and then there was the thud.


Female Undine Cleric / 2 || Init: +1 / HP: 13/13/ AC: 14 / FF: 13 / Touch:11 / Saves: F: +3, R: +1, W: +7

Are there any windows on the side of the house the thump came from or will need to go outside and walk around to look?

Lorelei walks over to the barrels of marked "ale" and thumps them both, trying to figure out if anything is left in them or not.

She'll jump at the sound of the thud, and look around for a window or door on that side of the house. If none, she'll go back out the door and walk round to where it occurred.


Male Human

Ebirah flooded something brightly glowing and the flint of metal, but can't really tell what is there. DC 15 str check to fully open the board.
There is a window, but it is currently shuttered.
One of the barrels is still sealed and sounds full, while the other sounds mostly empty.


Female Undine Cleric / 2 || Init: +1 / HP: 13/13/ AC: 14 / FF: 13 / Touch:11 / Saves: F: +3, R: +1, W: +7

Is it locked or can Lorelei open the shutters?


Male Human

When Lorelei opens the shutters, nothing is immediately obvious. That is, until a grey arm with a star-shaped hand reaches through and grasps for her throat, just barely missing.
The arm's owner comes into view, climbing on the side of the wall. It is about the size of a halfling.
Initiative: Bhookaj; Gorglumch; Kela; Ebirah; Valdern; Elia; Lorelei; Monster: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Gorglumch and Kela are up.

Know. Dungeoneering DC 12:
The creature is a choker, a small creature known for choking its victims. They are supernaturally quick, climb well, and can extend their rubbery arms to reach quite far.

Sense motive DC 10:
The creature is clearly severely drunk.


Malenti HP 11/24 | AC 13/10/13 | F +6 R +6 W +3 |

Strength: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

In his poisoned maliase Ebirah doesn’t have much luck prying the board loose.

Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

When he hears the ruckus behind him he turns and spotting the creature says ”Choker! Careful! They’re quick and stretchy and like to strangle people!”


status:
AC 15 (t 13) (ff 12) | F+2, R+6, W+1 | CMB +3 CMD 14 | Init +5, Per +5, SM +5 | speed 30 ft (swim 40 ft) | HP 11/19
Male Undine:
Racial Traits: Deepsight, Flesh Chameleon, Hydrated Vitality, Ooze Breath
Pirate and Scout Rogue (unchained) archetypes, level 2

Round 1
Bhookaaj steps back and takes aim at the choker with his crossbow:
underwater light crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

And misses (again!)


Female Human (Ulfen) Kineticist (Hydrokineticist)2 | hp 24/24 | AC18 T13 FF15 | CMD 14 | F +7 R +6 W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +4 | Perception +6

Kela lines up another shot and sends a jet of solid water flinging at the next strange new creature to suddenly appear.

Kinetic Blast: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

"I think we know what happened to that ale," Kela says sardonically.


Malenti HP 11/24 | AC 13/10/13 | F +6 R +6 W +3 |

Ebirah tilts his head. ”It’s drunk?”


Female Human (Ulfen) Kineticist (Hydrokineticist)2 | hp 24/24 | AC18 T13 FF15 | CMD 14 | F +7 R +6 W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +4 | Perception +6

"Very," Kela replies. "I'm sure it's still dangerous, however."


Malenti HP 11/24 | AC 13/10/13 | F +6 R +6 W +3 |

Ebirah nods.


Female Undine Cleric / 2 || Init: +1 / HP: 13/13/ AC: 14 / FF: 13 / Touch:11 / Saves: F: +3, R: +1, W: +7

Lorelei eeps and steps back 5 feet. Then she lifts her crossbow and fires a bolt at the ugly little thing that wants to choke her.

ranged attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Male Human

So Gorglumch's last post was a month and a half ago, and he hasn't responded to my poking him, so I guess I'm botting him. :/
Gorglumch points his crossbow and his bolt flies true, wounding the choker's rubbery arm.
crossbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 171d6 ⇒ 5


Male Human

The choker then turns toward the goblin, but is unable to strike the nimble goblin.

GM rolls:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Everyone is up, unless you've already gone.


status:
AC 15 (t 13) (ff 12) | F+2, R+6, W+1 | CMB +3 CMD 14 | Init +5, Per +5, SM +5 | speed 30 ft (swim 40 ft) | HP 11/19
Male Undine:
Racial Traits: Deepsight, Flesh Chameleon, Hydrated Vitality, Ooze Breath
Pirate and Scout Rogue (unchained) archetypes, level 2

Round 2
Bhookaaj tries shooting the choker again with his crossbow:
underwater light crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

I think my [cyber] dice are f%*#ed ... HEXED! Yeah, that's it!


Female Human (Varisian) Wizard 1

This time, sufficiently alarmed by the choker's potential to, well, choke people, Elia opted to use her newly acquired wand on it.

Colour spray DC11 Will negates
2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 rounds blinded, stunned and unconscious if 2 or less HD, plus 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds blinded and stunned if 4 or less HD, plus 1 round stunned.


Male Dwarf Drowned Channeler 2 | hp 17/17 | AC15 T12 FF13 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +2 W +6 | Spd 20' | Init +3 | Perception +8 | Phantom
Spiritualist’s Ressources:
Spells : Level 1 (3/3) |

Valdern gets into range and try once more to hit with his Longspear. The tip of the spear way above the head of the creature, biting into the wall instead.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Dwarf Phantom | hp 17/17 | AC15 T11 FF14 | CMD 15 | DR 5/Slashing | F +4 R +1 W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Perception +5 | Valdern

Rhyfedd doesn't hesitate a second and gets right up close to the creature. The attack has some power behind it, but probably not enough to knock it out in one shot.

Slam-Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Human

will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
The choker seems surprised, but otherwise unaffected by the burst of color.


Malenti HP 11/24 | AC 13/10/13 | F +6 R +6 W +3 |

Ebirah moves up to hack at the choker.

Machete: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4
Slashing, Magical: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 9


Female Undine Cleric / 2 || Init: +1 / HP: 13/13/ AC: 14 / FF: 13 / Touch:11 / Saves: F: +3, R: +1, W: +7

With everyone getting in melee with the choker, Lorelei is hesitant to fire at it again and instead draws her morningstar.


Male Human

Given how the site's been acting lately I gave Kela some extra time, but I guess I'm running 2 people now. :/
The party unleashes several attacks on the creature, but the creature manages to avoid most of them. Rhyfedd scores a solid blow, but the creature takes the hit easily.
Gorglumch steps back lands another hit with his crossbow, while Kela sends a blast of water over the head of the creature.
The creature lashes out at Rhyfedd, but is unable to affect the phantom. It starts to back away.
Gorglumch Crossbow; Kela Water Blast: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d6 ⇒ 31d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

GM rolls:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Human

Everybody is up, if that wasn't clear.


Female Human (Ulfen) Kineticist (Hydrokineticist)2 | hp 24/24 | AC18 T13 FF15 | CMD 14 | F +7 R +6 W +1 | Spd 30' | Init +4 | Perception +6

Kela lashes out again with another tendril of water even as it gets harder to see a clear opening to the creature.

Kinetic Blast: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 141d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Female Human (Varisian) Wizard 1

Taking advantage of the choker's efforts to put some space between them, Elia blasted it with her wand again before the others could close in and get themselves caught in the spray of colour.

Colour spray DC11 Will negates
2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 rounds blinded, stunned and unconscious if 2 or less HD, plus 1d4 ⇒ 3 rounds blinded and stunned if 4 or less HD, plus 1 round stunned.


Female Undine Cleric / 2 || Init: +1 / HP: 13/13/ AC: 14 / FF: 13 / Touch:11 / Saves: F: +3, R: +1, W: +7

Lorelei will close in on the creature and swing her morningstar at it.

melee attack: 1d20 ⇒ 5


Male Human

Choker Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
The choker suddenly freezes, arms midway to blocking its eyes.

301 to 350 of 463 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Captain Collateral Damage's Ruins of Azlant Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.