Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Cap'n Voodoo's Freebooter PBP

Game Master voodoo chili

Fun and Plunder in Green Ronin's Freeport and around the Shackles.


401 to 450 of 6,718 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul's tough hide barely registers the snakes nip

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Kaul mugs at the snake with a toothy grin; "Hur-hur-hur! C'mon snakey gotta bite deeper than that tae piece my hull!"


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Dibbets mutters to himself before slapping himself across the face cast cure light wounds. He is eyeing the snake with murderous intent.

Cure Light: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Human Sorcerer 5; HP 19/33; AC-16/14/12; F+4, R+4, W+4. (Spells:0/5(2), 0/7(1))

"He did not choose to be here". "Someone put him here". "His home is in the jungle". "Let me try to get him".

If he's not already dead

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19 CMB

Wow that Dingus sure does like snakes :-)


Holy sheet! I didn't think Dingus would actually try it : ) Props there, buddy. I'll just have you reach in after it strikes Kaul so we don't have to retcon too far. It missed it's AOO anyway.

As the serpent recoils from striking Kaul, Dingus lunges with blinding speed to grab the jungle viper firmly behind its jaws. It twists for a moment and then seems to calm in the strange Tian's grasp.

Dingus:
With a ballsy move like that I'll let you release it at your own convenience. You can play up your serpent bloodline if you like.

With a glance around the room in the fading light, everything appears as you believe Beedle left it. Miraculously, the sack Kaul grabbed lies dumped out on the one table in the room to reveal a faint sparkle of scattered coins and jewels. A dagger, a wand, a scroll case, and a pouch of flayleaf rest nearby.

bag of loot:
200 sails and 6 gems @50gp- 3 quartz, onyx, moonstone , citrine.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Stepping forward to search Beedle to make sure there isn't any other loot on him, Dibbets is mumbling to himself ".....bloody snake lovin... ..should bite him... ...snake stew..." he gives Beedles corpse a solid kick in the nethers for good measure.

"Right, we should scoop this up n scarper afore anyone comes n lays blame on us." before looking pointedly at Dingus "An you keep yer new pet on a short tether.... I'm watchin"


Male Human Sorcerer 5; HP 19/33; AC-16/14/12; F+4, R+4, W+4. (Spells:0/5(2), 0/7(1))

Dingus seems as surprised as he snake that he was actually able to grab ahold without getting bit. He pulls the snake's eyes closer to his, and looks at him more closely. Then he turns to the muttering Dibbets.

"He says he is sorry that he bit you, but he was scared, and didn't know who you were". "He says that he wants to go home". "Will one of you reach into my pack and take out the large sack, then hold it open while I place this snake inside"? "I will then return him to the jungle and let him go".

Then his eyes light upon the treasure, and he almost puts the snake down before realizing that wasn't a good idea.

Hey...Nothing ventured nothing gained. Moments like those are why I LOVE role playing :-)


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Jim stops in mid-strike as Dingus grabs the snake. "Ha! And they call me Madman! Well done, mate--my hat's off to you."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul rubs his forearm and looks at Dingus with an impressed expression;

"Should call you Snakehand from now on mate... outdid the viper at his own game... not too shabby mate"

He turns his attention to the loot bag

"So that bleedin Beedle did fleece me...'ere nice haul eh lads?"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

"The snake is one of the Mediogalti Fer de Lance...deadly. Not something one tends to keeps under a bed...But Dingus, the Queen approves of bravery...and lucky foolhardiness." He reaches up and tips his hat in respect.

the Groom then moves over to the bed to get a look at Beedle to see if the snake actually did him in.

Heal check to look for cause of death -> 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Dibbets wrote:
he gives Beedles corpse a solid kick in the nethers for good measure.

Beedle has no response to that on account of being dead and of course having his tongue ripped out. Groom's closer inspection reveals no appparent violence other than the tongue removal which normally wouldn't kill someone if treated quickly. There's no sign of snake bite or venom damage.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

the Groom will then pull out the skull and see if it has anything to add to the situation.


The skull has not a glimmer to add to the gloaming.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Dibbets grabs the sack and unceremoniously stuffs the loot in, figuring that they'd sort it out later. "Well mates, we hangin round tae have a tea party with the deader? or are we moving out?"

Loot Sack:
200 sails, dagger, wand, pouch of flayleaf, scroll case, 6 x gems @ 50gp ea

Cap'n - is that 6 gems worth a total of 50, or 6 gems each worth 50?


50gp each. so 300 gp worth of gems. I think Dingus was looking for a sack for his leetle friend. you want to throw that in there, too?


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Thanks for the clarification. Dingus can get someone else to get him a sack. Dibbets is only willing to help kill the snake :P


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Jim pulls out the sack for Dingus and holds it open for him. "Let's clear out of here...wait. Didn't he say something about a box? See anything like that in here?"


You've had a good chance to look over the simple room and there's no box to be found. Moving on then? I believe you were on your way to the Black Gull.

You leave the tenement and pass the chowder house again which now interestingly enough has a stream of fishermen entering the back door. A small knot of them give Kaul and Dibbets the stink eye as they pass. Soon enough you are back at the Docks which may not be much safer, but you’re far more likely to find a friendly face or at least a familiar face.

The Black Gull is a long narrow place squeezed between two warehouses. The bar runs the length of the wall on the right and benches and tables line the opposite side with more awkward tables packed between. It's all tight enough to ensure jostling that escalates into regular brawls.

Two waitresses serve about a dozen tough seamen that are scattered through the bar shouting boasts and drinking swill. A particularly imposing Mauxi watches the door from the front corner dressed in a crimson coat and breeches with his shirt open to the navel revealing the letters MF carved in thick scar tissue on his bare chest.

Business at the Black Gull is starting to pick up and Buster is at his accustomed place, a stool leaning against the left wall where he can easily see the bar’s owner, Mackey. The tall and extremely hairy half-orc has a large club across his lap with scores of rusty three penny nails jutting from it. At least you think that’s rust. It could be dried blood, too.


Male Human Sorcerer 5; HP 19/33; AC-16/14/12; F+4, R+4, W+4. (Spells:0/5(2), 0/7(1))
James "Madman Jim" Patterson wrote:

Jim pulls out the sack for Dingus and holds it open for him. "Let's clear out of here...wait. Didn't he say something about a box? See anything like that in here?"

With a quiet hiss,"You have my gratitude".Dingus deposits the snake into the sack, and ties off the top. I must return him to the jungle...Maybe tomorrow".

He then casts Detect Magic Before they make their exit, and scans the items, the room, and the body.


Dingus Mack wrote:
He then casts Detect Magic Before they make their exit, and scans the items, the room, and the body.

Room is clear; wand and two scrolls (in the case) faint magic.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Am going to do a little retcon too if that's okay...

Before they leave the room, Kaul eyes Beedle's corpse belligerently;

"You owe me one flayleaf pupper... an Keelhaul always collects...hur-hur..."

With that the thug lays Bess'across the dead man's neck and presses down on the blunt edge forcing the cleaver through to the pillow...

"NOW we're even Weevil..."

Wiping his blade on the bedclothes Kaul casually joins the others.

___________________________________________________________________

As they enter the Gull Kaul walks straight up to Buster with a scowl over his gargoyle features...

"Ahoy Buster. Still a hairy basterd I see..."

Cap'n:

Not sure how you want to play it. Had thought Kaul and Buster are old friends from street thug days? Will be a love/hate style banter, but they would fight anyone and when no one's left - each other...???


Buster doesn't move as his quick eyes continue to scan the bar for trouble.

"Kaul. and you still look like the arse end of a barnacle. Gug-gug."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul mugs a grin and moves to stand next to the hairy behemoth so as not to block his sight...

How's tricks Bust? Any tales tae tell?

As an aside to the others he mutters "...(Ahurm) Double shot o' Salty Dog fer me lads... if youse're buying... Bust you want sumthin'?"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

the Groom pulls aside Dingus as the group heads to the Black Gull.

"Tonight. If this day's adventure does not leave me fatigued, I can perhaps heal your new friend. Little Dibbits would not approve I dare say. But if you mean to release him, he should have a fighting chance at survival."


Male Human Sorcerer 5; HP 19/33; AC-16/14/12; F+4, R+4, W+4. (Spells:0/5(2), 0/7(1))

Cap'n Voodoo

Spoiler:

Since Dingus gets a viper familiar at 3rd level, do you think it would be prudent to either have Dingus decide to keep the snake (Second thoughts), or the Viper refuse to stay away...recurring appearances until he becomes the familiar? Just a thought.


Male Human Sorcerer 5; HP 19/33; AC-16/14/12; F+4, R+4, W+4. (Spells:0/5(2), 0/7(1))
the Groom wrote:

the Groom pulls aside Dingus as the group heads to the Black Gull.

"Tonight. If this day's adventure does not leave me fatigued, I can perhaps heal your new friend. Little Dibbits would not approve I dare say. But if you mean to release him, he should have a fighting chance at survival."

Dingus raises one eyebrow, and regards the Groom with interest..."Hmm". "I'm sure he would appreciate it"


"Keelhaul" Kaul wrote:
Bust you want sumthin'?"

"M'workin'"

Dingus:
I got an idea.


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Jim gets one of the waitress' attention. "Grog all around, 'cept for Keelhaul--he gets a double of Salty Dog."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul raises his scarred brow

"Fair doos Bust. Say, any'o Scarbelly's boys fill their boots here? Tryin' to find a legbreaker we have business wit... pusher and thug who lives by tha Docks... dunno his name tho..."

Kaul will scan the clients of the Gull getting a flavour of their sort...

Not sure if this would be Knowledge:Local or Perception or both

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


The waitress gives Jim a friendly smile and quickly returns with the order.

"Grayskin thug? I got two in this room. Gug." Buster squints at Kaul for a second then resumes surveying the bar.
Buster rubs a hairy knuckle along his nose. "Course, if yur lookin' for pushers, Broken Mug would be the spot."

The clientele definitely appears to be sailors on the pirate end of the spectrum. Scars and severed fingers, hands, and the occasional leg aren't uncommmon.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Dibbets takes his grog and downs it like a thirsty dock worker afore asking for another.

Keep the snake is my vote, just remember that I hold petty grudges well :P


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul takes his double shot of Salty Dogrum and raises the glass casually to Buster;

"Hur. Two o' the best. Hur. Cheers fer the tip Bust. I owe you one... again... hur-hur-hur-hur"

With that he knocks the dram back and turns to his mates.

"Lads... got a lead on the grayskin that was workin with Goyne... so how about another round then we make a move eh? Don't wan' tae be around here when things get ugly... and they will..."(jabs his thumb at Buster) "...hur-hur-hur!"


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Jim raises his cup. "Wind, wave, and the Captain!" With that, he tosses his drink back and signals for the waitress again. "Another round!"


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Dibbets joins the toast "Tae fair seas, followin winds and foul vixens"


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul orders another round of the same, fires the barkeep a gold sail and mutters quietly to him... "Summit decent fer Bust when he finishes eh?"

Grabbing his shot o' Salty Dog he toasts;

"The Black Gull; she'll rot yer liver or crack yer skull....hur!"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

the Groom raises his glass.

"To Queen Besmara! May she always fill our hulls with plunder and our bottles with rum. And may she drown us good and quick in the end!"


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

After the second round, Jim will settle up with the waitress. "Lead on, Kaul."


Male Human Sorcerer 5; HP 19/33; AC-16/14/12; F+4, R+4, W+4. (Spells:0/5(2), 0/7(1))

Dingus sits quietly not joining in the conversation, nor drinking. Every now and then he reaches down, to feel the heavy presence of the snake in the sack at his feet.


Here’s to the Captain! ; )

Finishing your rounds, you take your leave of Buster and the eponymous raven safely perched on the ship’s wheel hanging above the bar just as a shouting match erupts from the back. Buster gives you a business like nod toward the door and takes his place near the bar. As you exit you hear the ‘black gull’ give a ”Kvark!” of alarm as a table is pushed over with a crash.

If the moon is up, it is well hidden behind a thick layer of clouds that have blown in from the Eye and a faint spattering of rain reaches the street. Kaul knows the way to the Broken Mug and leads the crew down to the waterfront and back toward Scurvytown. At the border of the district a long rickety pier juts out into the bay. Carefully making your way over the shabbily maintained wooden slats, you hear the menacing roar of the surf below you and finally can make out the Inn teetering at the end of the pier like a pile of driftwood washed upon a snag.

The interior revealed by hanging lamps isn’t much better. Awkwardly cobbled together stools and tables crafted from mismatched kegs balance precariously on the old floor which offers generous views of the dark sea below through gaps in the floorboards. Three barmaids make the rounds and a muscular bartender with a dagger in place of his left hand expertly slices limes and garnishes for the drinks. The savory smell of frying onions from the kitchen promises decent food as well. Such efforts seem sorely wasted on the majority of the clients here, however. Sad sack drunks and other wretches glumly empty their mugs and bemoan their misfortunes. The crowd looks mostly human though a hearty dwarf woman stands near one of the tables listening sympathetically, her plain brown hair is braided down her back and she wear an apron reinforced with mail.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Dibbets scans the crowd to see if anyone took particular interest in our entrance.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

"Dunno bout you lads, but that smell has me hungerin" as he picks through the crowd to an open table (preferably one against a wall), waiting for a server to attend them before asking "So lassie, what's on the menu?"


You pull a couple barrels and wobbly stools together off to the side with the other patrons although there appears to be plenty of open space in the middle of the room.

A dour barmaid with shoulder length dirty blonde hair stops by with a tray dangling from her hand. In response to Dibbets question she replies, "Wahl sir, the fish 'n' chips are popular o'course an' we have batter fried onions tonight fresh from the Crack. There's red crab an' I think we have a bit of prawns an' butter rice left from the lunch crowd, too."


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

"It'll be crab n onions fer me lassie, if'n it comes back quick and with a smile there might be a sail innit for ye." says Dibbets as he winks at the barmaid lasciviously.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul mugs at the waitress "Hur. Crab an Onions fer me too missy. Mind its a kid's portion fer Dibbs here...hur-hur-hur!"

The half orc tries to recollect who the dwarf woman is through his rum soaked eyes:

Knowledge:Local 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Kaul:
The dwarf is the well known owner of the Broken Mug, Dagrit Gingin. She’s yet another adventurer that retired and became an inn owner. In this case, she inherited the inn after her husband, the former owner disappeared. She keeps things under control at the Broken Mug, not allowing drawn weapons and often employing the inn’s namesake to deal with trouble makers.

The bar maid takes your orders and gives a very weak smile as she heads for the kitchen.

While you are waiting for your food you can’t help but overhear some of the conversation at the next table. “… but I seen it, Jory. It was all pale and see through like, a-floatin’ in the water. No legs at all. Bit off at the waist or sumthin and floatin’ there in the water it liked to send shivers up ma spine!”


In a weary voice the other guy at the table responds,”Ah Feren, that damned grayskin pusher prolly just sold you some bad flayleaf, huh? You better pipe down now. Here comes Dagrit and you know how she gets about ghost talk. You're likely to get yourself a dunking.”


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul whispers to his crewmates;

"See them boys over there... Feren an...uh... Jory, seems they was muttering about our boy an sum other nasty business. Might be drug addled talk, might be some truths? We could invite em over, or I could...hur... loosen their tongues with coin or... hur... choice words hur..."


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

"Fish an' chips, onions on the side, please."

Jim mulls over Kaul's comment. "Let's start friendly. Dibbets can do the talking, and we'll just sit here and smile."


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

"Leave it tae the bigger man hey" Dibbets quips as he slides off his stool.

Sidling up to the men "Evenin fellas... know where a half-man might score some flay? I've heared theres a half-orc with sum good stuff ye might have the acquaintance of..." before pulling out a sail and passing it from hand to hand.


Feren gets a cunning gleam in his eyes at the sight of Dbbets' gold. ”I think I can get you a taste if you give me 15 sails.”

While Jory scoffs, ”Good stuff? Yeah, it’s so good it’ll take you right into the spirit world where you can have a nice swim with the spooks under the docks!”

”What?!” The dwarf matron hurries over as Jory’s eyes double in size. ”Oh nothing, Dagrit." Jory quickly amends. "Feren is just having hallucinations.”

Feren takes offense, ”I know what I saw and it’s true- last night I saw a spirit ‘neath the pier a-bubblin’ and garglin’ like he was drowning ‘cept he were already DEAD!”

The dwarf seems to turn white, gray, and red in quick succession and finally explodes, “I’ll have no such tales told in my inn. Grab him boys, let’s see if he can show us a little “bubbling and gargling” of his own!” Feren squeals as about ten regulars jump up to grab him.

Let me know if you want to interfere, assist the mob, or just enjoy the show.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Think we should interfere boys - but in a diplomatic way? This addict may be useful to us... likewise if there is a spirit or apparition, then mayhaps the skull could talk to it? Plus he might be able to lead us to the half orc to boot...


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Heh - I'll back you any way you want to throw it, but I daren't think theres much a wee crippled halfling can do... Unless you want some obscuring mist as cover at some point.

401 to 450 of 6,718 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cap'n Voodoo's Freebooter PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.