Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Cap'n Voodoo's Freebooter PBP

Game Master voodoo chili

Fun and Plunder in Green Ronin's Freeport and around the Shackles.


4,301 to 4,350 of 7,157 << first < prev | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | next > last >>

Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

the Groom sets out to see if he can find evidence of a shrine to Besmara, knowing if this be a more respectable town that it may be hidden. His hope there is to find someone willing to talk about the Siren or else he will spend some time on the docks looking for info.

Perception -> 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Gather Info Diplomacy -> 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Gebrin, who? ah, bonus points to Jim for remembering a random NPC.

”Ah, my wealthy Taldan friend. Yes, call me Master Gebrin. I like the sound of that. Now, my friend, I am sorry to have dressed you so finely. You should take care where you appear in my clothing. I certainly cannot be held accountable should someone like the Siren set her eye upon you.”

”I have in fact dressed her as well. A most peculiar woman- an artist, so that explains much of it. A sculptor to be exact, she carves fanciful pieces of exacting detail featuring the overly muscled nude form of whatever lover she’s taken for the moment except with the roughly shaped head of a bird. I am uncertain if this is a mockery of the Caretakers or not. No one I know has seen her without a hood and a mask. Perhaps she resembles the sculptures she crafts.”

”When I took her measurements, I was told in no uncertain terms to keep my tape well below her shoulders…no matter. I am a professional, but her dimensions were perfect! Unlike any mortal woman I have clad.”

”I would not care to have her hidden eye upon me however, my friend. She seems to make her way through a steady supply of gladiators and pretty sailors at an alarming rate and no one sees the cast off men again. I do not think it is her singing that draws them astray, but the end appears to be the same at least so it is rumored."


the Groom finds that although the town does not have a proper shrine to the Pirate Queen, a favored priest dwells upon the Rabid Kraken currently docked in Plumetown. Hailing the ship, he is introduced to Mate Corposant, a tall excitable Bonuwat whose hair stands eerily on end and crackles at times.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul rumbles off to Black Spot Inkworks to get his augentation... He pauses to shakedown anyone who gives him a sideways glance for the whereabouts of a certain Half Inch;

Intimidation: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


Kaul's dogged determination finally pays off as he finds a ratcatcher who is only too glad to rat out a halfling, seeing as they are often the competition. "Yessir, I seen one o' them slip what look like you say. There's a den of those light fingered sneaks what live in a big house yonder. We locals calls it the Slipcove Embassy."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul gives the man a gold sail for his info and silence. The thug then goes into full hunting mode, letting loose his axe and slipping into the shadows as he approaches Slipcove;

Stealth:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Once within striking distance the half orc cases the joint with violence hungry eyes;

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Kaul stalks the alleys and soon comes to the halfling halfway house not far from the waterfront. The two-story building has seen better days: several windows are boarded up and the roof sags in places. It likely once was a grand merchant house, but that is obviously no longer the case.

The blood-thirsty half-orc sees no sign of the residents at the moment.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul slips out his sacred nut and whispers in a excited tone;

"Hur...Rightie-O Tum, am needin' yer help here iffen it pleases ye... Coin, baccy and rum aplenty fer this aide I'll promise ye... Gonna case the joint proper - anyone comes out try and tangle em, then I'll come an' make the shorty shorter hur..."

The thug eyes the idol expectantly, eager to sortie the ramshackle hovel of Half Inchness...


The coconut idol cackles evilly, "Ha, ha. My 'postle planning some trouble. Tum-bobo approves tho he be expect plenty of coin for the blessings."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul nods sagely;

"Oh aye... plenty o' it Great Tum..."

The thug continues to lurk, placing the idol near the entranceway so his magicks can be used...

Kaul then has a sneaky gander at the buildings other access points;

Sneak: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Kaul drops Tum-Bobo off at the front door where he suddenly sprouts into a stumpy palm. Prowling around, Kaul finds an alley on the west side of the house with a side door.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Gets out some popcorn and settles in for Kaul vs HH, Round 2.
Dibbets is on pause mode till he gets the feedback from his fairly average Gather Information roll anyways ;)


Dibbets' nuisance approach doesn't earn much other than glares from the constables. He does eventually find an alley skipper who's scraping his barnacles nearly as much as the crab ridden halfling.

"The Siren, ya say. I heared the rumors. She lives in the big white house over Aegis Bay. I had a mate tol' me he caught her skinny dipping in the bay once. hee-hee! Got an eyeful 'til she started turning into a sea serpent. He run for his life then. Lucky he live to tell the tale really. Hey, you got a bottle o'sumthin'?"


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Squinting up at the alley skipper Dibbets struggles for a moment to realize if the man is asking for a drink, or industrial barnacle remover... before settling upon the alcoholic assumption. Unbuckling a flask and tossing it to the man "Keep it laddie... this mate o' yours - got a name an is he still livin rounds here?" waiting for an answer to the question before stumping off in search of his less aromatic companions.


The drunkard seems far more interested in emptying the flask than continuing the conversation. "Dunno, ain't seen him in years," he shrugs as he strains the flask through his stained beard.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul sidles up to the door and tries it... all subtle like...


Locked, though it appears to be a simple device.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5
Cap'n Voodoo wrote:
the Groom finds that although the town does not have a proper shrine to the Pirate Queen, a favored priest dwells upon the Rabid Kraken currently docked in Plumetown. Hailing the ship, he is introduced to Mate Corposant, a tall excitable Bonuwat whose hair stands eerily on end and crackles at times.

the Groom produces a bottle gives it a shake to show it still had some rum left in it. And offers a drink to the Bonuwat, "Iff'n you can spare the time for a tale or two. Wanting to know if you ever heard of the one called the Siren on this here island? Or another tale might be if you came across a small squall on the seas that seemed to give chase and perhaps had a man at its center?


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 36/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

"My thanks, Master Gebrin. I thought my luck was too good to be true...time I was shipping out from here." Jim leaves the tailor's shop and makes his way back to the Rusty Anchor to report on his findings.


Mate Corposant takes a swig of the bottle and grins wildly as his eyes seem to reflect a strange green light. "I don't spend much time in this port, but I've heard the name mentioned. Seen her white house above the bay to the east as well. Rumors say she woos the top talent from Widowmaker Isle with promises of wealth and perhaps more intimate rewards if the gladiators allow her to immortalize them in marble. After the sculpture is finished however, none are seen again."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Cap'n think yer confusin' Kaul with one o' them stealthy type rogues...

Faced with the locked door Kaul shoots it a withering scowl, then reaches for his percision lock opening tool...

Placing the crowbar on the door frame, the thug gives it a violent yank;

Strength Check (to break/bust door): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Feckin' Hell!!!!!


With his prey so close, Kaul wastes no time taking a direct approach. He jams a crowbar into the door, but only splinters the door jamb in his haste. A dog barks from somewhere.
not stealthy at all... if at first you don't succeed ; )


With a curse, the thug tears into the door with abandon, cracking the frame and pulling it aside. Peering inside, his enhanced vision makes out a long unlit hallway with two near doors on his left and two farther along and spaced out on the right. Thirty feet away, at the end of the hall, a door suddenly opens and a pack of dogs rush toward the half-orc.

Init rolls:

Keelhaul Kaul- 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Guard dogs- 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Etc. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Round 1
Release the Hounds!
Kaul
??

In an instant, a mastiff leaps at Kaul and its jaws narrowly miss closing on the thus's face. Three smaller mutts are on its tail and race around trying to nip at the thug's legs.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

With a further curse Kaul drops his crowbar brings his axe to bear on the mastiff...

Not sure if I can drop, draw and attack in the same round my Captain...

If I can...: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

BALLS! (to quote Bobby Singer)


There's a clatter in the alley as Kaul drops his crowbar and brings his axe to bear on the hound. He doesn't get a full swing in, but at least blocks the bite. The smaller dogs shove around, but can't get by the clogged doorway.

From down the hall, he hears a familiar voice shriek, "That's the half-orc that's trying to kill me! I hear he's a slaver, too" An instant later, a halfling sized arrow strikes Kaul in the side. Kaul-8 hp

Round 2
Release the Hounds!
Kaul
Wee little men

*******
any follow up, Groom?


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Once the Groom's posted an answer or nay - we should regroup at the Rusty Anchor and plot?


Dibbs- yeah, that's the plan. I'm going to try and move Kaul along a bit. The game has been a bit slow lately and likely to remain so with holidays coming up unfortunately...

Kaul:
R2 attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
R3 attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Kaul is on the defensive as the big dog keeps snapping viciously at the stout sailor. The mastiff bites down hard on the thug's leg tearing away a pant leg as it shreds flesh. Kaul-7 hp

Bellowing in pain, the scarred half-orc hacks down into the hound cracking bones. A small arrow whizzes past and a whistle calls back the dogs. The pack withdraws immediately down the hallway and through the door which slams shut behind them.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Round 4

AC: 18 HP: 25/40 CONDITIONS: -

Kaul looks at his savaged pant leg and the arrow lodged in his ribs. He crouches and recovers his crowbar as he yells at his petite protagonists;

"Fecking little basterds! I ain't no slaver! That wee leech owes me mates coin; an I'm collectin' on their behalf..."

With a grimace he snaps off the end of the arrow;

"Hur! Just gettin' me dander up now... So be good wee lads and turn 'im over an I'll spare yease and yer hounds... Otherwise... I'LL BUTCHER EVERY FECKIN' ONE O' YE!!!!!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14


Down the hall, the door creaks open a pinch and an arrow strikes the door next to Kaul. "No sale, Orc!"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

Over the bottle, Groom shares the story of Sentinel Island and the result that the former monks have been cleared from his Mistress' former base by the undead. And that he helped to start to revive some of its former glory.

With the bottle drained, he bids interesting travels to his new friend, and makes his way back to the Rusty Anchor. He sets the empty bottle on the table and states, "Word is our harpy has an estate on the cliffs east of town. She has a thing for marble statues and gladiators. She also has a thing for making those gladiators never be seen again. "

Sorry on the slowness, got slammed at work, which cascaded through the rest of my activities.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul scowls

Pish... dug in deeper than a Bloodsoak tick...

"Another time then lads..."

The thug backpeddles up the corridor and out the wrecked door... He then limps for the shadows;

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Plan to grab Tum, and head back tail between legs...


Mate Corposant nods as he listens to the Groom's tale. "I heard tell that Sentinel Island was no longer a safe port. Any ship passing near is assailed by a horrid wailing. Folks have taken to calling it Banshee Island recently. Your tale makes me think they've sounded the depth of it right."

Back at the Rusty Anchor, the Groom shares his scuttlebutt as Kaul limps in with a vicious wound on his leg.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul scowls at the crew;

"Don' ask... found Half Inch... holed up with hunds and more shorties with short bows..."


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Dibbs shakes his head at the scarred marauder "I was gonna remind ye that no means no... but this is worse like. Any reason why ye didnae fetch yer mateys and do it right rather than try an storm tha castle yersel?"

"Well onna topic at hand - I didnae find out much like, cept fer findin out she lives inna white house at Aegis Bay... an some frisky salt reckons she turns intae a scaly summat or other iffin she wants tae."


Male Human Sorcerer 5; HP 33/33; AC-16/14/12; F+4, R+4, W+4. (Spells:5/5(2), 7/7(1))

Dingus shows up just before dark with a sinister grin, and a fat snake around his shoulders. Seeing Kaul bleeding before him, he shakes his head.

"Can't leave you alone for a minute can we"?


Male Fer de Lance AC 17/15/14; HP 11/16; F+1, R+5, W+4

"Hisssss...'Burp'....ssssss"!

Slytherin

Spoiler:

I can't believe I ate the whole thing.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul grimaces as he attempts to tease the half-pints arrow from his ribs;

"Hur... Sorto' got carried away like..."

The thug looks suitably admonished for his lone-wolvishness...

"...I knows Dibbs... we go down as a crew and get the glory as a crew... Ain't happening again..."


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 36/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

"Don't let your entirely justified anger run away with you again, mate. To the matter at hand, I also heard an interesting word or two about our topic of discussion. The Qadiran w-er, gentleman who made my new finery has apparently done some work for her. Said she never took off her mask and hood when he was, er, taking the measure of her, but the rest of her was 'perfect.' Whatever that means. He seemed to be sweating a bit whilst he held forth. Too, it seems that when she carves statues of her paramours, she always puts a bird head on 'em in place of their own."


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

"Aw now Kauly... don't go cryin on us" moving closer as though to console the biggun before unceremoniously ripping the remaining arrow from his chest. He follows up with a slap of Gozreh's indifference upon the re-opened wound.

CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

To Jim "Bird of a head an a body of a snake like... bloody weird iffin ye ask me. Ye ever heard o' the like Groom?"


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul notably brightens up at the tough love;

"Ocha! Bit o' a stinger that one..."

The thug mulls over the tellings from his crewmates;

"Mayhaps she's really got the horn fer Grackle hur-hur-hur!"


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Dibbets frowns slightly as he notices that Kaul is still bleeding. Cracking his knuckles he repeats the dosage:
CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


With Kaul healed up and repentant about his solo adventure against the short side, all eyes turn to the Groom for analysis.

due to the second hand nature of the info, I'll make it a DC 22 know nature check.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

Know Nature (Monster?) -> 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 3 = 20

"Her face must be a right mess for her to keep the mask on. If the body is fine enough, who's a man to care? Just don't linger when she breaks the chisels out."

A tad annoying, I must have accidentally deleted this thread from my active list. Despite posting in it since and "show all threads and "un" deleting it. It will still not show up in my active threads. Sorry for the delay. Trying more ways to get this thread to hold my 'dot"


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 36/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

I did that once by accident, clicking on the little "x" next to the unread messages link. Easy to do on a phone, unfortunately.


the Groom culls his waterlogged brain for forgotten sea lore, but the Siren is a shell he can't crack.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Upon finding that the vaunted Groom's noggin was unable to figure out the particular particulars, Dibbets shrugs "Feh, we still gots the same choices we had afore. We ken do it tha hard way or try an come up wi' somethin more elegant like."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Groom - suffering from the same phenomenon... Dibb's Way of the Wicked & ironically my own Iobarian Saga point blank refuse to be dotted as active threads...

Kaul mugs a grin at Dibb's wisdom;

"Hur... Even when we plan fer all elegant, things got a habit o' gettin' sucked under... hur-hur"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

"We can confront her with the swindle she pulled. Offer up our pin-pricked champion to take on her's to square the deal. While Kaul take's his lumps, we can perhaps take advantage of the situation....just a thought...might all depend on how much of a distraction Kaul provides. Maybe find a shop that might provide a few distractions, like smoke or thunderstones"


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

The thug looks eager to take some lumps and dish some back;

"Hur... Sounds a plan Groomy... Tum'll help me drop a few wee surprises... an I can load up on some potions and lotions tae help..."

Depending on how we scrap, Kaul might drop his potion of Stonefist as a back-up... He'll likely have the edge as a pure warrior, but our Kauly is a scrapper - throw in Coconut Hide, perhaps a potion or two and my likely ability to intimidate might sway things Kaul's way. Worst case - ye have a few rounds to tear the Siren a new one...


Male Human Sorcerer 5; HP 33/33; AC-16/14/12; F+4, R+4, W+4. (Spells:5/5(2), 7/7(1))

"Well I can make you invisible till you attack for the first time if that will help".

4,301 to 4,350 of 7,157 << first < prev | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cap'n Voodoo's Freebooter PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.