Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Cap'n Voodoo's Freebooter PBP

Game Master voodoo chili

Fun and Plunder in Green Ronin's Freeport and around the Shackles.


4,151 to 4,200 of 6,727 << first < prev | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | next > last >>

Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Also waiting on those more knowledgeable.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

the Groom keeps his hand on his hilt. "Don't know that 200 gold takes in the whole effort we went through to secure these crates. Now these ain't just a box of rocks. I think you know that or you wouldn't be offering us even that much. Someone with interests on the shadier side of Street of Life can likely find very creative uses for this dirt."


Male Human Sorcerer 5; HP 19/33; AC-16/14/12; F+4, R+4, W+4. (Spells:0/5(2), 0/7(1))

Dingus looks more closely at the box of rocks. "They still just look like rocks to me".


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

Rocks that make ghouls (accidentally...who knows what they do intentionally?), and that some weird entity chases across the sea to get back. If I am understanding that right. At least that is what the Groom thinks he is selling. I guess it could just be a box of rocks, but he would have stopped lugging them around a long time ago if that were the case.


After a moment the woman responds, "Our friend mentioned that the rock had peculiar properties, but my interest is merely academic. Stone and stonework is an interest of mine. I certainly want to compensate you fairly for your efforts, but again, I do not know that there is a competitive market for your wares."

how about a diplomacy check from the Groom?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

the Groom mutters, "Dingus, you ain't helping."

But apparently nothing was helping, for the Groom wasn't cut out as a salesman...and it did look exactly like a box of rocks.

Diplomacy -> 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Seeing his crewmates struggle, Kauly brings to bear his unique brand of salesmanship;

"Hur... See little "lady"... 100 Sails a box? Ye takin' the pish? Fer that we might as well keep em... Sell em fer double that back in Freeport... Out here 150 a pop might seal ye a deal... that an a kiss... hur-hur"

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Awwww fer fecks feckin feckity sake...


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Jim snorts at the thug's outburst, then claps him on the shoulder. "Here, Kaul. Let's not be sailing blindfold into a storm, hey?" The Taldan turns to the woman with an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry about that. It's true we're looking to sell, but I think my mates and I need to discuss your generous offer in private for a moment."

Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

I don't know; maybe he had something stuck in his teeth?


At Kaul's rather offensive attempt at bargaining, the wagon driver leaps from the seat with a howl. As he moves into the light, you see a well tanned and heavily scarred figure with a long golden mane of hair. He is dressed in archaic breastplate wielding a trident in one hand and some sort of big lizard skull with a blade as a shield. From the number of scars and his apparent ease with his odd equipment, you quickly gather that the gladiator routine isn't all for show.

Before he can launch himself at the offending orc, the woman raises her hand to stop him. "Stay, Atela." The man complies, but his face seethes with rage as he gnashes large white teeth.

The masked woman turns back to the crew. "I would recommend you mind your manners. Atela is quite jealous and very protective. As for the rocks well, I am afraid that is my final offer. As they say, a bird in the belly is better than two in the brush. I don't know that Freeport would offer much more and there are all sorts of hazard at sea."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul eyes the newcomer with a baleful stare;

The thug edges closer to Dibbs and mutters in a whisper;

"Hur. Dibbs... 'e's got the stink o' a pitfighter... reckon I can take 'im though... perhaps a pit wager? Double or nowt?... hur..."


sale or no sale? hopefully Dibbs is back in the next few days.


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

"Let's make the sale, hey? Cash is easier to carry around than the dirt, and I doubt Captain Miro'd let us carry it back aboard."


Dibbets looks ready to take Kaul's bet until Jim brings up a good point or two. The clamor of the jungle at night covers your conversation and the woman seems impatient. "Have you decided then? We will wait two hours for you to bring the crates and no longer."


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Dibbs is ok with sale, will be back home and more cogent in 24 hours or so.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

Not looking happy about it, "A profit for our labors, be it small. We will bring the crates."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul grumbles under his breath and kicks a small stone around;

"razzing-frazzing... I coulda taken 'im..."


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Contemplating the long walk back to the warehouse and then the similarly arduous pace that would need to be set coming back, Dibbets looks down at his pained leg and sighs. "Right-o mateys, best be sharpish an fetch the dirt fer the dirt-mongers"

As they make distance from the strange trident wielder Dibbs gives Kaul a neighbourly elbow to the knee "Best ye didnae put 'im down Kauly, ye see how old 'is gear was? Never know what ye might've caught offit."

Plan I assume is beeline to the warehouse then return straight away to the sale.


Arriving back at the warehouse, you aren't asked any questions. Obviously you have picked a properly disreputable place. Inside, Beldar is excited to show you his finished masterpiece. The picture is formed by swirling patterns that depict the Smoker in stark browns and grays erupting into violet and red clouds. Projecting from the crater which has removed half the volcano's height is an enormous black hand reaching for the sky.

Turning to your booty, you notice that part of one of the crates has been burned away and some rock removed. You also realize that you left one of the crates out in the jungle near the rocks.


Male Human Sorcerer 5; HP 19/33; AC-16/14/12; F+4, R+4, W+4. (Spells:0/5(2), 0/7(1))

"Just what is so special about these crates of rocks". "I'll be so glad to rid myself of them, and will never take a box of dirt again"... "Beldar, do you know anything about these crates of rocks"?


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Dibbets has a look at Beldar's picture with a critical eye "Bit melodramatic like ain't it?"


Beldar's tentacles droop a little at Dibbets' criticism. At Dingus' question all eyestalks point to the sorcerer. "I used some of the rock for pigment. It gave the right color and sense of menace." He gestures at the great black hand emerging from the volcano.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Dibbets shrugs "Just not me flagon of grog I spose... now iffin the big black hand were reachin fer a pint I could get behind it... but right now it jus seems a bit ominous like. Destruction, gloom an whatnot."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

"We have a way to fix this crate? Would be good iffen all the rocks ain't spilt out by the time we carried it back."

Looking at Belkar's 'art'. "Now is this a dream, a vision, or a guess at what might happen?


The eyestalks return to the painting and the tentacles sway calmly. "Yes, a dream. A dream of interest to the Eyes."

the Groom thinks that just wrapping the damaged crate in canvas out to keep the black rock contained.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Dibbs moves to grab an end of a crate for the hauling. Looking pointedly at those of longer and more swift moving legs he adds "On ye get, go an grab tha one ye left behind like"


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul eyes the damaged crate;

"Hur - bulk it out with some'o the normal stuff... get Beldy tae paint it black like..."

The thug grins as his brain-cogs work overtime

"Hur-hur... per'haps we could paint a shed load o' rocks and sell em' all on as the black stuff??? Pretty profit..."

Kaul lumbers off to grab the other crate;

"Whose commin tae keep me company?"


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

"I'll be glad to, mate." Jim takes the other end of the crate Dibbets is on.


Male Human Sorcerer 5; HP 19/33; AC-16/14/12; F+4, R+4, W+4. (Spells:0/5(2), 0/7(1))

"Against my better judgement...I will accompany you".


I believe there are three crates in the warehouse so Jim/Dibbets, Kaul, the Groom/Dingus can get them somewhere near the drop off point, before Kaul and Dingus go after the last one.


The crates are hauled to the edge of the jungle without incident and Kaul and Dingus head off to recover the remaining box. The way is tough even with Dingus' glowing stick and the appointed hour draws near before they return.


Kaul and Dingus- give me a survival check.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

the Groom will see about finding a small empty box to bring along too, suitable to fit the floaters we left in the woods. So we can get them back to the warehouse.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


the Groom manages to scavenge up some broken crates and wood enough to make them squarish again as well as some canvas.

OK, stepping back. i'm lost on what the plan was. who is going where?


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

I had thought that everyone except Kaul and Dingus were going straight off to drop off the black dirt. Kaul and Snakey were off to get the box left behind and meet us at the rendezvous... I think...


Male Human Sorcerer 5; HP 19/33; AC-16/14/12; F+4, R+4, W+4. (Spells:0/5(2), 0/7(1))

1d20 ⇒ 19. Survival


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

What the wee man said... I think...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

ok, just confusing myself.

Kaul promptly gets turned around in the thick vegetation despite his ability to see in the dark and it takes a while for Dingus to convince the hard headed half-orc of his error. Dingus does finally get back on track with some assistance from his viper. Finally, the roar of the sea upon the rocks where the Angelina went down is heard and you find your hidden crate and head back.

Meanwhile the rest of the crew waits near the rendezvous and are joined by a pair of anxious flumphs.


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

As the time drags, Jim looks around for something to occupy his attention and lights on the flying pancakes. "Your boy Beldar made up this dire-looking picture as a warning for the Oracles. That what you sorts do, travel about and tell people there's trouble on the way?"


James "Madman Jim" Patterson wrote:
"That what you sorts do, travel about and tell people there's trouble on the way?"

The bigger of the pale floaters puffs a reply barely audible over the buzzing insect life, "Yes. Beldar is not a young boy. He has powerful dreams and we offer warnings though they are often not received."

About that time Kaul and Dingus finally push their way through the jungle with the final crate and you make your belated way to your destination. The masked woman and Atela wait on the bench and without further comment she directs you to load the crates in the wagon and afterward Atela tosses Jim a small bag of coins.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

"Too bloody right they ain't well received... any chance ye dreams have any 'appy endins? Or is it all big-arsed black hands explodin from volcanos an the like?" Dibbs squints at the gasbags "All I'm sayin is ye might get a better reception iffin ye occasionally dreamt o' willin Katapeshi twins..."

When it comes to the business of the night, Dibbs keeps his well marinated trap shut and allows the longshanks to talk it through.


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

"Apologies if I gave offense; not being an expert on your sort, I can't judge such things as age." Or gender, if that's even a concern. He peers more closely at the creatures. Ew. Bloody hells, I'll never think of anything that walks on two legs as a wog again.


The flumphs stay scarce during the exchange with the fake Caretaker and her driver. Jim finds the pouch full of strange coins and only 40 of them at that.

appraise 15:
they are ancient Azlanti platinum coins worth ten times the value of a gold coin.

anything else?


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

The Taldan eyes the contents of the pouch suspiciously. "Here, I've never seen such coinage as this, mates. You?"

Untrained Appraise check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Dibbs shrugs his shoulders and whispers "Dunno matey, less just take it an be done wi' the dirt. We ken figger out later iffin they shafted us."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Kaul has a gander at the coinage, bites on one, then looks to the others sceptically;

"Funny lookin' coin lads... Even my expert eye is baffled like.. Don't want tae get hoodwinked this late in the game... hur"


The hooded woman gazes on you with tangible annoyance, "They are platinum, you fools." With that, Atela whips the horses and the wagon quickly rumbles off leaving you alone with the night sounds of the jungle.

The flumphs emerge whistling forlornly and though hesitant, finally agree to climbing in a sack to be hauled back to the warehouse and Beldar. The flumph reunion is weird and mainly consists of the low whistling and bobbing up and down. You stash the now musty flumph sacks and Beldar announces that he is ready to see the Eyes in the morning.


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Jim looks after the pair as they ride off. "Oooh, platinum, is it? Fancy that!"


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul still eyes the coins and the departing woman with scorn;

"Hur. Plat'ninum... Do we look like feckin' idiots?"

The thug then watches the gas bags frolic along with his mates; the grimy halfling, dandy swordsman, soaking apparition and nearly naked sorcerer...


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Rocking back on his heels post gas bag reunion Dibbs remarks "Well that went better than it coulda... anyone feel like gettin pished afore the meetin tomorrer?"

4,151 to 4,200 of 6,727 << first < prev | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cap'n Voodoo's Freebooter PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.