Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Cap'n Voodoo's Freebooter PBP

Game Master voodoo chili

Fun and Plunder in Green Ronin's Freeport and around the Shackles.


351 to 400 of 6,721 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

As they pass a tray of solemn looking dory Kaul chuckles and nudges Dibbs...

"Remind ye of anyone we know Dibbs? Hur-hur-hur..."

...as his rumbling humour dies off the thug surveys the crowds, trying to weigh up potential trouble or troublemakers...

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Nodding to Kaul, Dibbets has an ornery scowl on his face as he stumps awkwardly on.

Dibbets keeps his eyes open for Beedle or anyone using / selling flayleaf Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Jim keeps quiet for the most part, greeting anyone he knows and keeping an eye out for trouble.


Most of the business at the Fish Market appears to be legitimate. A few of the workers may have flayleaf stains on their teeth, but you don't see any drug trade going on at the moment nor does anyone seem particularly interested in your group.

a little diplomacy might help in gathering info on Beedle.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

"Ifin we're gonna ask some questions o' these gutters and fishwives, then thinkin' its best comin' from the Groom, Dingus or Jim... me a' Dibb's mugs will likely just cause offence..."

The half orc thug shifts uncomfortably, eyes sifting the crowd dredging for trouble...

Dingus & the Groom are the best pair for Diplomacy checks to test the waters on Beedle...


Male Human Sorcerer 5; HP 19/33; AC-16/14/12; F+4, R+4, W+4. (Spells:0/5(2), 0/7(1))

Dingus inquires about with descriptions of the wiley foe. His rasping voice and foreign looks are better at putting people on edge, but he attempts to find those whom might not care how he looks, or might be too stoned to notice.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Diplomacy


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Dibbets keeps close to Kaul and his eyes roving while the menfolk do their questioning.


Kaul and Dibbets wisely stay out of the way and let the humans do the talking. Dingus focuses on a couple of stoned locals leaning against the wall. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have any idea what he is talking about and just keep asking for change.


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Jim figures maybe he can get better results trying to talk to another sailor.

Profession(Sailor) roll to identify a reliable one:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Untrained Diplomacy roll to gather information:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

His story is going to be that he's looking for a particular supplier, one who messed up one of his mates--"And we're going to have a little talk with him, we are."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

the Groom will find those marked by flyleaf.

"I am looking for one like you, marked by the Flyleaf. He goes by the name Beddle."

diplomacy ->1d20 ⇒ 9

ooc:
Just picturing the Ringwraith and his gather info check, asking "Bagins..Shire." :p


As the afternoon wanes, the market begins to close down without any word of Beedle’s whereabouts as Jim and the Groom tend to make people even more nervous when they’re trying to be friendly. On the bright side, Kaul thinks Buster might be working at the Black Gull by now.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

"Pah, tryin to get these folks talkin without breakin somethin first is a bit rough eh? Bugger this, lets get back amongst our own - Kaul, don't ye know a headcracker at the Gull? Maybe he'll be more forthcomin than this load o pish"


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul smiles his mako smile;

"Aye... I know's Buster hur-hur... Gull's a tough crowd like... but Dibbs is right... might be that there's someone who knows o' Beedle... Let's get a shift on then."

The thug nods his head in the direction of the Gull starts making his way warily out of Scurvytown at a pace that Dibbs can match.


As you slowly make your way out of the Fish Market and back along the waterfront, Dibbets is approached by a young boy around seven maybe and nicely dressed enough not to be mistaken for a beggar.

”Pawdon me, Mister. Is that tea in yoh bag? My mommy wanted me to buy some tea foh her. She weally likes tea. I bet she would buy the whoooole bag! Will you come see my mommy? My house is weally close to heah. My name is Dawy!”


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 to see if the kidlet is telling the truth

As long as I don't get a bad feeling: "Tae be honest laddie I'm not suren whats in ere" opening the bag for a whiff.

If it smells tea-like: "How much did ye mother give ye for the tea boy?" he asks in an attempt to appraise whether it's worth the diversion.

Dibbets wants to get paid for the bag, so if this whippet is going to give him an earlier payoff than waiting for the fat red, he is keen for it.


The flowers don't smell half bad, kinda soothing.

"Hooway! Dat'll be great!" the kid cheers and skips ahead a little. Gosh, he's cute. You head a block or two away from tnt docks past a slummy restaurant with a crudely drawn bowl of chowder above the door. He leads you to some tenements and into the door. Just inside the door he points up the stairs and whispers, [b]"Second floor, last room on the right, you lunkheads!"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

Sense Motive on the kid -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 Probably not enough to know he's lying but I don't trust this situation.

the Groom places a hand on Dibbits to keep him from entering. Dibbits gets a cold wisper in his ear. {b]Beware the Lantern Fish's pretty light'"[/b]

the Groom leans over the lad placing a hand on the doorframe. "Who is up there Boy? Besides your so-called mother?" There is a sizzle and smoke comes up from under his hand. the Groom removes his hand reveling the Skull and Crossbones brand burned in the door frame. "I do not want to mark you as a liar, now do I?"

Intimidate on the kid after casting Brand for effect -> 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


The ‘kid’ looks a little uncertainly at the burn mark and his voice which had dropped pitch quite a bit rises again. ”Mother Beedle, you fools. I heard you were looking for him. You’re not the only ones, y’know. A creepy guy in white came by the market earlier. I thought Finn was the only one interested in Beedle, but it appears he’s becoming a very popular guy. Now I’m curious.”


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

the Groom holds out 2 silvers. "Smart lad. Its good to be curious, and dangerous to be too curious. Now off with you...with a couple more silvers if you find out more on the man in white.."


The kid rolls his eyes and responds in a child’s voice again,
” Oh, thank you, Mister! This'll buy a whole lot of lowipops! He was a man in YEWO actuawy with a big monkey or something all dwessed in black robes and a veil. ”

changed my mind. Make it man in yellow…

Perception DC 15:
This ain’t no kid, it’s a damned halfling disguised as a human child.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 obviously the dice hate me at the moment

"Well lads, shall we see what's upstairs? Might be best if one of the burlier among us lead tha way." before flashing a toothy smile at the whippet.


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Perception check:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

"Surely...Kaul, you want the lead, or shall I?" As he speaks, Jim quietly draws his new rapier. "Let's see how this one compares to my old Navy sword...."


Male Human Sorcerer 5; HP 19/33; AC-16/14/12; F+4, R+4, W+4. (Spells:0/5(2), 0/7(1))

"A moment please", Dingus rasps Cast's Mage armor onself

1d20 ⇒ 8 Perception


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

Perception -> 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

the Groom will allow Jim and Kaul to proceed him, and then will follow with his rapier drawn.

So we are dealing with 'the Man in Yellow" and his 'curiously' dressed monkey. :p


The little boy waves at Dibbets, ”Bye-Bye, Mister!” and slips out the door.

You make your way up the dark stairway of the old wooden apartment and locate the last door at the end of the creaky hallway. The door opens to a plain room dimly lit from a single window by the setting sun. On the bed lies a still form.

Groom, I couldn't resist after I decided to throw a 'monkey ' in the mix. hee-hee.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Kaul scowls at the departing "kid" and mumbles to the group:

"Lil shyster..." (least you think that's what he says)

"...was a halflin' like Dibbs, all dressed up like a hu-man kid... somethin ain't right boys..."

Turning to the stairs he nods to take point... draws Bess kisses her wicked blade and proceeds on... Upon seeing the room with a still form on the bed takes Kaul back to the group's first dance with the skinbag...

"Awwwww fer fecks sake... NOT this again..."


deja vu, eh? 'cept this time the skinbag appears to have innards intact.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

If the form doesn't speak, Dibbets moseys up and gives if a poke with his staff "Oi, you want the tea or not?"


The form on the bed is Beedle. He lies peacefully on his back without sign of struggle. With Dibbet's poke however, the head lolls toward the halfling and a ruddy torrent of coagulating blood spills from the mouth revealing that Beedle's tongue has been torn out at the roots.

I'm guessing "No" on the tea ; )

The disturbance incites an angry hiss from below the bed as the thickening blood dribbles onto the floor.

Initiative time!

Dibbets- 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Keelhaul Kaul- 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Madman Jim- 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
The Groom- 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Dingus- 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Thing under the bed 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Round 1 order

Thing
Dibbets
the Groom
Jim
Keelhaul
Dingus


A spear-shaped head darts out from under the bed striking Dibbet's leg.

Dibbets: 3 hp damage and Fort save DC 15.

DM rolls:

strike 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Dibbets yelps in pain before stepping to the side and trying to thwak the thing with his staff.

Swing: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 for 1d4 ⇒ 3

I'm beginning to think that bedrooms are the most dangerous places in Freeport....


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

When appropriate, Jim will take a shot:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Possibly +1 for mwk rapier?

Rolling to confirm crit:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Damage:

1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Extra damage for crit, if applicable:

1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

the Groom catches the flash of teeth from the corner of his eye.

Knowledge(nature?)+3 for ID monster weakness -> 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 3 = 21

He stabs downward hoping to skewer the beast.

Rapier Attack -> 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Rapier Damage -> 1d6 ⇒ 6


Dibbets takes a swipe at the thing as the head darts back under the bed and his staff thwacks on the deck. Jim and the Groom crowd in thrusting under the bed and feeling their blades puncture the creature which responds with more angry hissing.

NOTE: No more adjacent squares for attacks on the creature unless someone switches places next round.

Groom:
In a flash of insight, Groom recognizes the creature as a large Mediogalti Fer de lance. A jungle viper with a powerful venom and short temper.

Jim:
MW raper is indeed +1 to hit. Just short of a crit though.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

In a warning to the others, "That's a viper under there. Mean and Deadly...oh, and big."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Anxious to get into the fight Kaul shouts on Dibb's:

"Ere Dibbs, ship out and let me an Bess take yer lumps from this wyrm"

Bedrooms are only the most dangerous place in Freeport when Kaul is wielding his greatclub lol


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Is it possible for Jim to grab onto the bed and pull it to one side?

"Dingus! Got any ideas short of just stabbing the thing until it dies?"


James "Madman Jim" Patterson wrote:
Is it possible for Jim to grab onto the bed and pull it to one side?

Sure, it's a simple rope bed with a bit of 'dead' weight on it : )

make it a DC 10 Strength check


Groom:
Oops, I meant big for a regular snake as in 5 feet long and hefty. not LARGE as in a PF Large size creature. heck how'd he fit under the bed ? : )


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

DM Voodoo:
Fair enough. And I only said it was big, 5' viper sounds big to me. :P


Male Human Sorcerer 5; HP 19/33; AC-16/14/12; F+4, R+4, W+4. (Spells:0/5(2), 0/7(1))
James "Madman Jim" Patterson wrote:

Is it possible for Jim to grab onto the bed and pull it to one side?

"Dingus! Got any ideas short of just stabbing the thing until it dies?"

Enraptured by the beauty of the beast, Dingus almost misses the question.

"Well I...I mean...No...I don't suppose I do, but do we have to kill it"? "Can't we maybe stun it and put it in my sack". "I'll make sure to release it somewhere where it can't harm anyone".


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Unless he's incapacitated, at his next action Jim will attempt to move the bed.

Strength check:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

"Let's see what we can do...."


Round 2

The serpent lunges again sinking its fangs in Dibbets’ leg with lightening speed.

Dibbets: 2 hp damage, Fort save DC 15.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

"Bloody accursed thing bit me... TWICE, its gettin killed"

Swing: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 for 1d4 ⇒ 4

Dibbets then takes a guarded step away from the bed, freeing up a spot for Kaul n' Bess.

I take my swing then do a 5ft step backwards.

"Iffin you still love it when its a deader, you ken have im stuffed."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

With the bed out of his way, the Groom gives Dingus a strange look and then lashes out, whip-snapping his blade at the snake's head. "To each his monster." But subduing a snake is harder than it sounds

Non-lethal attack with Rapier -> 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 1


Jim yanks the bed to the side exposing the serpent, a hefty brown and green diamond patterned viper about five feet long and thick as Kaul’s bicep. It coils around itself flicking its orange tail, jaws wide open and fangs dripping with venom.

Dibs, if Fort saves were some kind of attack, you'd be a hell of a threat ; )
Kellhaul up.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5
Cap'n Voodoo wrote:
Dibs, if Fort saves were some kind of attack, you'd be a hell of a threat ; )

Tell me about it :P I've also noticed that for all the focus I've put in Perception I can be pretty short sighted... hopefully it improves once we get floatin on the waves.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul shifts into the space vacated by Dibbs and brings Bess to bear on the serpent;

Bess 1d30 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Feck.

Falchion Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8

"Hur... Slippery bugger!" the thug grunts and wrenches his ugly falchion from the floorboards he just buried it in...


I'll allow Dingus the chance to capture the snake if he wants to give it a try otherwise...

Round 3

The quick viper strikes at the flashing falchion and hits Kaul's hand.

Kaul: 2 hp damage, Fort save DC 15.

GM rolls:
strike 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Jim takes his shot.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

In case that hits:

Damage:

1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

351 to 400 of 6,721 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cap'n Voodoo's Freebooter PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.