Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Cap'n Voodoo's Freebooter PBP

Game Master voodoo chili

Fun and Plunder in Green Ronin's Freeport and around the Shackles.


3,501 to 3,550 of 6,765 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>

Below- rotten pinata:
Dibbs hustles away from the persistent pests and suddenly finds himself launched into the air by a cleverly hidden snare. His crippled leg is nearly snapped 5 hp damage as the line yanks him to the overhead and he dangles helplessly like a soiled pinata. The horrid g'rum'lins look eager to find out what's inside as they scamper toward you.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Merely a query:
Cap'n - since I was back-peddlin the same route as I came in on... was I just lucky on approach? - as in didn't trigger it.
Also, just a check - did you roll me a Perception chance to see the trap afore I stumbled into it?


dibbs:
the snare spell description is clear that it can only be spotted by folks with the trapfinding ability. also rather than mess with tracing routes, I just gave a % chance of activating a trap.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul sidles towards the fore cabin hoping all eyes are upon him and Dibb's skulduggery below decks has naught been noticed...


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Jim looks at the crew members around him, smiling again, before moving up with Kaul and making no attempt to be quiet. "Your powers of persuasion are most effective, Master Kaul. I'm quickly coming to share your opinion of the slip. Did you hear what he said about me? Wounded me to the quick, he did."


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Swing Low, Sweet Inebriate:
18/26 HP

Feeling gravity momentarily reverse itself for him Dibbs is left hanging by his sorely wounded and mostly broken leg. Seeing the maniacal grommets continue their approach he reaches within his pantaloons and retrieves a small bottle of liquid.

Holding it out to the green hairs he wards them "Right ye little feckers, I'm holdin some burny juice an unless ye back the feck off I'm gonna set ye on fire." hoping that the buggers at least understand common.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 4 = 28

Dibbs is holding alchemist's fire


Kaul and Jim head forward away from the so far unnoticed damaged hatch. Half-Hitched bolted forward earlier under the Groom's unnerving stare, but appears to have hidden himself well.

perception DC 21:
You see a small shadow hunkered against the fore-mast about twenty feet up.

Groom and Dingus, anything?


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul's beadies scan the deck for signs o' the wee barnicle;

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

The thug smiles slyly to himself;

Hur-hur-hur... ye can run but ye can't hide sneak...

Bullheaded to the last, Kaul turns to the skipper;

"Jes' making oursels familar with yer skip - don't mind us..."

Then a quick aside to Jimmer as he slowly edges towards the foremast...

"Psst. Jim... little fecker's 20 ft up dead ahead... what say we make sure he's safe up there...hur-hur-hur..."


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Jim shakes his head and replies quietly, "Not now, mate. Let him stew a bit. Too many eyes on us now to do him quiet-like, and I'd like to stay on the captain's good side." He glances back sidelong at the aforesaid officer. "And she definitely has a good side, so long as she doesn't, you know, turn into a faceless horror or decide to take up with a slip."


Male Human Sorcerer 5; HP 14/33; AC-16/14/12; F+4, R+4, W+4. (Spells:0/5(2), 0/7(1))

"You know I've heard that some of those masts can get mighty slick, what with the fog and mist and all". "Twould be a shame if he was to fall from that height". Dingus says with a questioning look at the others.

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22 Bluff...Non verbal communication.

Spoiler:

Dingus is implying that he could "grease" up the pole".

"But first things first". "Richard is really agitated now". "I think Dibbets might be in a pickle". Dingus heads towards where the two entered the hold.


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Without looking at Dingus, Jim replies, "I hear you, mate, but for now I'm thinking Kaul draws the eye well enough that you and the Groom can rescue our wee blighter without anyone taking notice."


Halflings are the hot topic for discussion today as the crew confers above on whether to kill or save the pair of slips aboard this ship. The captain looks to have turned her attention elsewhere for the moment.

A hot time below:
The meany mites slow and approach cautiously to encircle the well hung halfling dangling over their green haired heads. They keep their distance and continue their unnerving little song.

Round 4
the Groom
Kaul / Dibbs
Sailors / HH
RG
Dingus
Jim


Dibbs:
I was thinking they'd speak sylvan, but I guess not. Therefore common it is and here's the song:
"It's all for me grog, me jolly jolly grog
It’s all gone for beer and tobacco
Well I spent all me tin on the drinking of gin
And across the wide ocean I wander."
"Where are me rats, me noggy noggy rats?
They’ve all gone for beer and tobacco
Since the deaduns moved in and the meat's getting slim
And the sailors went out for better weather."


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

See that Straw - it is being Clutched for...:
Suddenly putting together the inebriated feeling he has with the song lyrics, Dibbets considers his situation a moment. Devoid of any other plan and hoping of buying time if nothing else he puts his heart to voice:
"It’s of dear grog to you I’ll sing,
And to dear grog I’ll always cling,
I like my cup filled to the brim,
And I’ll drink all you’d like to bring."

Making some kind of pantomine to get the little buggers to join in the chorus:
"And it’s oh, dear grog, thou art my darling,
And my joy both night and morning."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Wondering what Dibbs is up to Kaul crains his no-neck to try and catch a whiff or whistle o' his little shipmate;

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Straw Poll:
The odd little gremlins pause and listen intently to the stinking, swinging wretch overhead. give me a Dibb-plomacy check, Dibbs.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Yo ho ho and a...:
Dibbsplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 complete and abject failure on all counts...


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

The Groom lingers near Dingus and the hatch, waiting to hear an update from the gnome. He mutters to his compatriot, "I figure he would call out if he were in over his head. I don't reckon on opening the hatch and risking the Captain's ire, lest he be ball'n for us."


the Straw that broke the Keel:
The pink striped little rummies are unimpressed with Dibbets efforts and begin howling another song:
"Put him in the bilge and make him drink it! Put him in the bilge and make him drink it! Put him in the bilge and make him drink it! Ear-lie in the Morning!" As they finish, one leaps upon a barrel to release the snag and Dibbs crashes to the deck. 3 hp non-lethal and prone.and the waiting gremlins fall on the hapless halfling with tooth and claw! total of 7 hp.

Kaul:
For a moment you almost imagine you hear your little buddy engaged in a drinking song.


I think the Groom is the only one remaining near the hatch as Dingus appears to be speaking with the others forward.
-Dingus and Jim
Round 5
the Groom
Kaul / Dibbets
Sailors / HH
RG
Dingus
Jim


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

A dearth of wind and naught but the blue before his eyes...:
11/26 HP (3 non-lethal)

Mentally cursing as his entreaties seemed to almost take root before the malingering muppets thought otherwise, Dibbets has scant moments to run his scatterbrain before he falls to the deck with a thump... and lines of red open upon his chest and back from the ministrations of claws and teeth. Cannae feckin touch the bastards... cannae run as I'll jus hit anuvver of tha bloody snares... the futility of his fight becoming evident.

Body going slack and eyes closed, Dibbs exhales a prayer unto the indifference of his lord on high... and plays dead-ish.

Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Attempting to deceive them into thinking that I'm already dead or passed out - so Dibbs can get an idea of what next for him... if the buggers start chewing then Dibbs will wake up quick smart.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Slightly concerned for his wee pal, but mindful the eyes o' the crew are upon him, Kaul whips out his hairy nut god and whispers a question;

"Hur... Tum know anything 'bout Dibbs singing a drunken ditty down below?"


Possum king:
The groglings stop their attack and poke the halfling once or twice to make sure he's dead. Then they grab the rope still tied around his ankle and start dragging him across the deck singing:
There is rum rum, rum on a pirate ship
If you drink too much the ship will tip
Drinking rum rum, rum on a pirate ship
You'd better share! you'd better share!

Lingering by the hatch, the Groom swears he hears someone below decks singing drinking songs. Could be Dibbets, but the squeaky voice seems to be singing in 3-part harmony?


"Keelhaul" Kaul wrote:
"Hur... Tum know anything 'bout Dibbs singing a drunken ditty down below?"

The coconut squints up at Kaul, "Wot Tum-Bobo look like? oracle? I smell too good to be oracle like leetle hair ball friend o' yo. Here, I make prophecy for fait'ful fathead-" Tum-Bobo's mica chip eyes flash and spin around. " Ooooaaahhhh! Him DRUNK!"


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul chuckles, and passes the message along;

"Hur... false alarm boyos, Dibbs is just fillin' his boots wit the rum ration...hur-hur!


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

"I don't know, mate. Sounded like Dingus' detachable trouser snake spotted something troubling. Though a drunken Dibbets may qualify.... Stay put a minute and smile nice at the crew while I have a recce. I find anything potable, I'll bring some back for you, so don't fash yourself."

Jim saunters over towards the Groom. As he nears Besmara's chosen he murmurs, "Check my wake for watchers, if you would."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Stay put an smile... hur-hur-ur-ur...

Kaul runs resistance by lofting his nut high for all to see;

"BE-HOLD! TUM BO-BO! 'ARBINGER O' RUM AN STOGIES!"


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

All Still in the Eye of the Storm:
Dibbets breathes a sigh of relief that the little buggers didn't just keep laying into him... for now at least, and maintains the charade - hoping that his mates atop will come after at some point.


Give me a stealth check, Jim. I'll give you a bonus for Kaul's distraction.


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Stealth (untrained; incl. ACP): 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 1 = 9


Male Fer de Lance AC 17/15/14; HP 11/16; F+1, R+5, W+4

Hisss...hiss.ssssssst....hissssss.ssssisst

Spoiler:

Sadness...loss...


Male Human Sorcerer 5; HP 14/33; AC-16/14/12; F+4, R+4, W+4. (Spells:0/5(2), 0/7(1))

Dingus had already headed towards the hatch from his post above.

"Hurry groom". "Richard is really upset now...something is not right". "Feck them not wanting us below deck".


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

With that, Jim abandons subtlety and heads through the hatch, drawing his sword.


Kaul's theatrics grab everyone's attention for a moment. Half-Hitch notices for certain and suddenly appears midway up the fore-mast shouting, "There ya are! He's as crazy as a flayleaf addled loon! And a demon monkey worshiper, too! Stop him before he hexes us all!"

Jim uses the opportunity to push aside a warped board and slip into the hold as Dingus hisses a warning.

Below decks, Jim sees a strange sight: in the dim light streaming past him, three odd pot-bellied little humanoids, even smaller than Dibbets, are pushing the apparently dead halfling down the stairs to the lower hold where something squeaks hungrily in the darkness.
anyone entering the hold make a DC 12 fort save.

i'll just start the action at the top of round 6-
Round 6
the Groom
Kaul / Dibbets
Sailors / HH
RG
Dingus
Jim


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

the Groom mutters, "Stay alert down there, there seems to be a small chorus of drunks."

Turning his attention to the distractions on deck, "I thought I showed you the error of your ways, Half-Hitch. There is only a couple layers of wood between you and a special pet of my Queen." He holds out his hand and calls up a small wave of water that he pats like a pet before it fades back to the deck. Calls on one use of Surge for dramatic effect.

Intimidate Half-Hitch into silence -> 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Round 6: 11/26 HP (3 non-lethal)

Dibbs chances opening his eyes fer a looksee and curses the loss of ol' faithful and it's enlightened tip...

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 - can Dibbs see / hear anything specific down the stairs? - and is it pitch dark down there?


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Last to go, so I'll just wait while everyone else acts. *whistles, twiddles thumbs*

FORT save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Dibbs- very dark down there and hungry squeaks and sloshing of bilge about sums up the audio.
waiting for Kaul's move.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Round 6:

Dibbs tries to maintain the charade... but the squeaks and sloshing disturb him enough to act. Eyes snapping open he gives the rummy midgets a maniacal smile before...

Want to check if it's legal / ok before posting in full. Since the blaggards are pushing me - I'm assuming that they've crowded my space?
Dibbs wants to crawl past them (5ft prone movement provoking AoO) and try and gust o' wind them down the stairs. Would that work?


Dibbs:
I'm thinking an Overrun combat maneuver to push through. I'd give your opponent the +1 for higher ground too. just to make your life more difficult ; )


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Roger that Cap'n... not much point taking the AoOs in that case then - given that I wouldn't get a spell in this round due to the overrun taking up the standard action - and the rummies would just step back over to me and kill me off (since I'm prone currently).

...finally offering some resistance to the gremlin's shoves and seeking to stand.

Standard action - total defence for an AC of 20, then stand from prone as a move action (provoking methinks)


Male Human Sorcerer 5; HP 14/33; AC-16/14/12; F+4, R+4, W+4. (Spells:0/5(2), 0/7(1))

Feeling a wave of relief from Richard, Dingus non-the-less has committed himself to seeing what's happening below. He flings open the hatch, Madman by his side and steps inside, beckoning for Richard.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Perception


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Round 6:

Status:

HP: 40/40 AC: 20 Conditions: +2 IP

"Hang on, there. That's our oracle you're dragging off, you little beggars!" Jim closes the distance between him and the tiny trio, rapier out, and if possible punches one solidly with his rapier hilt.

To hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Damage (bludgeoning, nonlethal): 1d3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7


Kaul seethes as his nemesis pops out again to spout lies or maybe half-lies about Kaul and Tum-Bobo. Hand on his axe, Kaul looks as though he might actually chop the rascal out of the mast.

Capt. Miro has had enough, "That was your last warning, you two. Hog tie 'em, boys! We'll see if we can sweat the ill humor out of them!"

A half dozen sailors quickly pile on Kaul, punching and kicking the former pressganger while the rest go after the Hitch. Kaul- you get an AoO, then hit four times for a total of 18 hp and 14 hp sneak attack.

*******

Below, Dibbets stands up nimbly avoiding the the gremlins' response. They continue to block his way up however and one manages to sink it's needle-like teeth in the halfling's arm. Dibbs -3 hp

Then it's Jim to the rescue as Dingus pries open the remainder of the hatch. Sunlight streams in from above partially illuminating the stairs to the lower hold as Jim dances down the first flight. Oddly, he nearly stumbles there as he suddenly feels as if he’s had a couple cups of Grog. -3 Dex damage.

Upon spotting the freaky foot-tall green haired waifs, Jim smashes his pommel onto the surprised creature's face, breaking a few teeth, but the rubbery creature seems only slightly dazed.

Round 7
the Groom
Kaul / Dibbets
Sailors / HH
RG
Dingus
Jim


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

"Hey! Whoa! Don't break 'im. You will be plenty glad to have him if and when that cloud catches us. Unlike the other one, worth nothing but cowering in a corner and making eyes at the women." But the Groom holds his hands away from his weapons.

If it is good a pummeling they are delivery, the Groom will saunter over and retrieve the axe. He will rest on it blade down watching the struggle, but out of the corner of his eye, watch the activity at the hatch.


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Was the DEX damage what the save was for?


James "Madman Jim" Patterson wrote:
Was the DEX damage what the save was for?

yep, the save was for half.


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 39/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

6 DEX damage? Tough little beggars.


James "Madman Jim" Patterson wrote:
6 DEX damage? Tough little beggars.

i'm sure Dibbs would agree. just be glad you DID make the save ;) btw- Kaul's damage is non-lethal.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

I think I missed a word in my post. But I meant if it was JUST a pummeling, the Groom was fine with it. Yeah, I was going on the assumption it was non-leathal and Kaul was just taking some lumps.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Round 7: 8/26 HP (3 non-lethal), AC 16

Jimmer finds young Dibbets a frightful sight. Bleeding from a myriad of bites and claw marks, while his face has a blooming bruise and his poor mangled leg seems more bent than usual... and yet... he seems drunk? Smiling the grin of a demented gnome Dibbs blurts "Hey Jimmer... get a grip on summat" stumbling a bit further down the stairs before spinning on a heel and summoning a thunderous burp from his nethers.

The belch builds from a slow intensity to a thunderous exhalation of stale air with just a hint of sausage...

5ft down the stairs - then turn and belch of wind the buggers again.
DC 16 Fort save or 1d4 ⇒ 4x10 = 40ft back and 4d4 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 4) = 14 non-lethal damage.
Jim and anyone behind just needs a DC 15 Strength check to move forwards.

...rushing over Jimmer as it sweeps through the hold. Jim is left feeling soiled and oily by the experience...

3,501 to 3,550 of 6,765 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cap'n Voodoo's Freebooter PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.