Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Cap'n Voodoo's Freebooter PBP

Game Master voodoo chili

Fun and Plunder in Green Ronin's Freeport and around the Shackles.


251 to 300 of 7,163 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul nods in agreement...

"Ain't arguing there mate. Am happy ta carry him tae Pharasma's arms... especially fer ye turning a blind eye ta the blade..."

Kaul nods and moves to heft Goyne's body up onto his shoulder with a grunt... "Ghur! Heavy bugger ain't he... Slow an steady it is then eh Dibbs?"

Kaul fires a gargoyle wink at the halfling and sets about carrying Goyne outside...


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

"Dunno what you mean Kaul" replying with a toothy grin.

Dibbets sets to clearing the way for Kaul (considering he wouldn't be much help carrying), moving any obstacles and the like.

Once outside I'll cancel the light on my staff again


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul plods through the door with Goyne's body slumped over his shoulder...

The ugly half orc seems to be enjoying himself:

"Heh. Takes me back this does... When I was a pressganger... hefting a lunk bound fer the seas... good times..." he scowls in thought "...until I was tha one being carried...hur-hur. Ain't life a sea-b&*$@ eh boys? Hur-hur."

Cap'n:

Presume Goyne would be a heavy load? As is Kaul can carry him, but he's slow and steady - so Dibbs will be keeping up no probs

Kaul shifts his lifeless load and steps down the street after Dibbs & Dolo.


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 36/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

"True, I've felt better."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

"Tis a shame...If he were sent to the deep, my Mistress might see to it that he gets a fair shake to come back and avenge his death."


”Goyne, he not care much for de sea. Heem captain near cut heem nose off for fallin’ asleep on de watch. Since den Goyne stay on land and call de shots wit de Hell Hounds. Bury heem at sea and he come back for more den revenge. Better de Lady of Graves judge heem.”

Goyne is a heavy load, but Kaul manages to set a pace that requires an occasional pause to let Dibbets keep up. Passing the remaining Watch at the door, you turn away from the Eastern District and make your way through the narrow dirt streets and alleys of Drac’s end. The working class homes here are stacked cobbles and rough hewn timber. The poor laborers in patched clothing that you pass in the streets avoid eye contact and certainly don’t stop to ask where you are going with a dead man.

You skirt the walls of The Old City and pass through a couple tent towns before you finally reach the stockade that keeps the poorer area of Drac’s End from overrunning the Temple District. Passing unchallenged through the gate you cross Pious Walk and pass between Spire Hill and the Cathedral of Pharasma. The streets are wide here and open to the overcast night sky. An extended family of mourners passes you as you approach the cathedral, their faces marked with ash and tears. Finally, Dolo stops and offers to take Goyne.

”My tanks to you. De Bekyars be very bad people. I deed no wan to deal wit de monkey demon so I lef dem long ago. When I die, I let de Lady judge me. Mabee she balance out me sins wit de kin’ess. You can come along, but de priest women here not likely to he’p your friend. Better luck wit de Pirate Priest over dere. Tanks agin.”


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul shifts over Goyne's body to the huge Bekyar and nods solomnly.

The turning to his fellow crew:

"Think we've more than earned a drink and some a pause fer thought eh boys? Assad's??


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

"Aye Kaul, lets get tae drinkin.


The Bekyar nods at Jim, "Heem look a couple pint low, but not of de grog! I hear dat de pirate priest dere in dat shipwreck temple sometime help de sailor." The tall man gives a deep slow laugh as he points above a couple old wooden churches toward the center of the Temple District and you notice a tilted mast bearing an oversized flag. You can barely make out the pale skull and crossbones of Besmara against the night sky. Then Dolo turns and lugs the expired Hell Hound into the Cathedral.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Smiling as Dolo leaves, Dibbets says "Not a bad sort that Dolo." before addressing Kaul "Looks like Assad's might have to wait a bit - mebbe we should see if the Drowner's faithful can put some Madness back in tae Jim. An I'd wager the Groom wants tae say g'day to his better half as well." thumbing a grimy hand at the Groom.

He then fishes out one of his flasks for a swig, before offering it to Kaul.


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 36/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

The board ate my last attempt at a post (or I hit the wrong button), then I was stuck in a meeting for a couple of hours.

"Aye, I'm for the Pirate Priest. No head for drink right now, an' I don't much care for that."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul shrugs his heavy shoulders and accepts Dibb's flask with a grin

He takes a swig... hisses at the strength of the little man's tincture.

"Good drop... that'll put a few barnicles on yer hull... hur-hur!" Kaul hands the halfling back his flask and awaits the verdict of those around him.


so it looks like Dibbets and Jim are for going to the pirate priest and Kaul is undecided. waiting for Groom and Dingus. So how about we move forward. Others can catch up. If Kaul REALLY would prefer to get a beer instead, I don't mind splitting things up.

West of the old wooden churches lies the center of the Temple District and the largest temples. The grandest temple is the renown Temple of Knowledge which dominates the plaza. It is twice the size of any other structure in the district. Next to it and on your right is a large temple which once rivaled the Temple of Knowledge, but now appears shabby with it stained walls and chipped ornamentation. The old inscriptions have been scratched away and a less skilled hand has engraved “Hall of the Gods” above it. The doors remain open and a continual cacophony of competing prayers, hymns, and oration comes from within. Across from this structure and on you left is an even stranger sight.

It is unclear whether this large galleon was dragged or dropped to its current location, but however it got there, a listing ship now rests on the plaza of the Temple District. The side toward you is propped up so the main mast rests at about a sixty degree angle from the ground. The only cloth left on the masts is an oversized Jolly Roger. An atrium added to the proximal side of the ship includes an ornate pair of double doors decorated with carvings of swords, skulls, and beasts from the deep. The lower jaw of a centrally located skull serves as a knocker to call for assistance.

Your knocks are answered shortly by a grunt as the heavy door is pushed open. Greeting you is a slouching figure that stares at you in slack jawed wonder and moans a little. The right side of his forehead appears to be concave beneath a bowl cut mop of sandy brown hair.

Knowledge local or religion DC 15:
The major temples here are:
Temple of Knowledge- Nethys
Temple of War- Gorum
Temple of the Sea- Gozreh
Temple of the Pirate Queen- Besmara
Various other gods have shrines and a whole slew of charlatans and demi-gods are represented in the Hall of Gods.

Knowledge history or religion DC 18:
The Hall of Gods was the former Temple of Aroden.


Male Human Sorcerer 5; HP 33/33; AC-16/14/12; F+4, R+4, W+4. (Spells:5/5(2), 7/7(1))
James "Madman Jim" Patterson wrote:

The board ate my last attempt at a post (or I hit the wrong button), then I was stuck in a meeting for a couple of hours.

"Aye, I'm for the Pirate Priest. No head for drink right now, an' I don't much care for that."

"I shall accompany you to the priest". Dingus hisses softly from his hooded cowl.


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 36/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Untrained Knowledge (local or religion) check:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Untrained Knowledge (history) check:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Jim nods gratefully to Dingus. "Thanks, mate."

To the figure who opened the door, Jim gives a respectful bow. "A good day to you. I'm a sailing man, come to ask for healing from the Pirate Queen."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul's thirst has been quenched by the shot from Dibb's flask, so he's happy enough to accompany the rest of the crew...

The scarred half orc steps forward:

"Hur... Don't need no healing myself... ye could say I's a former harvester of souls fer the Pirate Queen...hur... an' I carry her kiss on my blighted hide... like yerself...hur..."

Knowledge: Local 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Dibbets eyes the fellow suspiciously, but doesn't voice anything.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

"I know the way."

the Groom will be all in for visiting the temple.


The man looks at Jim and Kaul, says "Maaargh!", turns and disappears into the darkened hull.


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 36/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

If he didn't close the door in our faces, Jim will follow him.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

"Come on. The Queen always has room for more." the Groom pushes his way forward and enters behind Jim.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Dibbets follows them in after a quick prayer uttered to the skies.


You enter the grounded ship’s darkened hold which is lit only from the aft by a lantern that gives a faint flickering blue-green light. Once your eyes adjust, you can see that the hold has been leveled and filled with a double row of benches fashioned from drift wood. They don’t look too comfortable, but neither are they well used. The lantern illuminates a large pulpit assembled from shark jaws and whale and sea serpent bones. Netting covers the walls and a narrow railed stairway behind the pulpit leads to the deck.

In a few moments the slouching man makes his way back down the stairs followed by an older sailor hastily dressed in breeches and a stained shirt. The tall dark haired priest gingerly making his way down the stairs on a wooden leg. He reaches the bottom and clunks his way over to you, a smile emerging from his bushy black and gray beard.

Groom:
What’s your relationship with Besmara’s Temple?


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

Cap'n:
the Groom has not been in town long. But he would have stopped in here. Probably disappointed at the low attendance..based on your description.

"It is good to be washed in here again. I bring a companion in need."


”Aye. Welcome aboard, mates! Ye’ve made the acquaintance of Dunny here, I believe.” Dunny gives an affirmative ”Narp!” upon hearing his name.

”Poor Dunny were hit by falling tackle some years ago that near stove his head in. We healed him up, but he couldn’t serve aboard no more so he’s helped here e'er since. Most of our brethren prefer to be afloat as ye can imagine, so only Dunny and meself remain landside to serve the Pirate Queen as best we’re able. My name be Brother Peligro, but ye’re welcome to call me Peg-leg. ‘Tis good to see ye again, Groom. I‘m surprised to see you still landlocked, I am. But how can I be of sarvice this evening?”


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul tags along, a distinctly impassive expression upon his scarred face tempered only by the occasional touch to the scrimshaw symbol lashed around his bull neck.


Catching sght of Kaul’s necklace, Peg-leg gives a chuckle, ”Blow me down! Nice bit of scrimshaw ye got there, Laddie! Did ye all come fer the blessing of the Great Captain? Why this be the biggest crew this old ship has seen for a time. No, no Groom don’t ye get yerself worked up now. Plenty of able seamen give the Captain her due, but few make it far from the Docks and our upstanding townsfolk seem reluctant to acknowledge their heritage most times. Aye, but that be fine with me. I’m happy to step down to the Docks and give the Captain’s orders! So yer all loyal mates of Captain Besmara then?”


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

"Bwahahahaha, not me Brother - whilst I'm nae keen on feelin the Drowner's embrace, I'd rather be in open sky and face the wind." Dibbets raises his Gozreh holy symbol from his side so that Peg-Leg gets his meaning.

"Not that that should be any impediment to kinship. After all you float on my lady's water with my lord's breath in your sails."


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 36/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Jim will offer his hand to Peg-Leg with a smile. "I'm Jim Patterson, though some folks call me Madman Jim. Wind, wave, and the Captain--a good sailor (and I am a good one) respects them all. At the end of the voyage, though, it's the Captain brings us home.

"I'm here in need of healing, sir. A chance encounter with some creatures like flying leeches; they took some of my blood, and would've likely taken it all had me and my mates here not chastised them severely for their actions." He grins mirthlessly.


Peg-Leg chuckles amiably at Dibbets comments, “Aye, getting a good word in with wind and wave always helps. O’course, Besmara gets the most converts when sailors learn that ol’ Gozreh has to make sure sharks get their supper, too. Ha Ha! Ye got to respect the sea, but Besmara’s good graces will help keep yer wallet full and yer limbs attached… at least most of the time!” the pirate priest laughs loudly as he taps his wooden leg.

”Aye Jim, well said. Yer looking a bit pale there, mate. Let’s take a look at ye… ah, those look to be stirge bites. Flying leeches be a good description. The Cannibal Isles are full of the horrid beasts. Nothing sadder than a poor marooned sailor dodging the savages by hiding in a cave only to be sucked drier than a hold full of salt pork by the little buggers. Right unnatural creatures they be. I’ve heard sages say they be a ‘gift’ from Zura or at least hitched a ride on demons brought to this world by her faithful. Phaw! How did ye come by these wounds here, Madman Jim?”


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 36/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

Jim looks at the ceiling for a moment. "As you may be aware, there are persons in this town who from time to time perform activities of a clandestine nature. One such hired us to clean out an abandoned house in the East District. (He claimed to be working for Finn, a name you have probably heard a time or two.) While we were doing so, we were attacked first by some murderous ghost in skin, which the Groom dealt with, then by a swarm of those..stirges, you called them? Our employer scarpered, and we left before the Watch could take issue with our presence."


”Clandestine activities, ye say? HO HO! It does this old pirate's heart good to hear that Freeport is in no danger of becoming too upright and civilized! Aye, I know of Finn and much more about the politics of Freeport. I even sarved on the Captains’ Council a time after the last Drac were done in. Aye, I know plenty about Freeport, Ha!
Well now, it sounds like ye’ve got quite a crackin’ yarn to tell. Some day yer’ll have to tell me the whole thing and perhaps I’ll tell ye how I lost me gam here. Ah, but we must be into middle watch now so next time. Dunny, go fetch me special reserve!”

With a “Narp!”, Dunny dashes back up the ladder and returns with a bottle of rum which Peg-Leg chants over a moment and then hands to Madman Jim for a swig.
You’re restored 4 CON and no longer fatigues, Jim.

”Aye, molasses rum will thicken your blood. Ha, ha. The Captain’s share is sixty gold sails, but seeing as yer a fellow mate. ‘m sure she’d accept half that. Bein’ as I were a sailor once meself, I don’ expect ye have a bronze penny left to yer name so bring it next time and remember it be foul luck to begrudge the Captain her share. Ha ha! Well, steer clear o’ them bloodsuckers including Finn if ye can help it and may ye soon be back ta sea!”


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

the Groom nods approvingly at Peg-leg's grace. "Aye. Help for all friends. And remember your debts."

the Groom then reaches into his satchel and pulls the wrapped skull. "Peg-leg could ya spare a look at this? It seems to be at the heart of our recent troubles. Or at least it sought to protect something in that house that someone else has stolen. I don't get the sense that it is evil...merely angry...bu it would be best to get another opinion."

As he talks, he flips the covers off the skull.


”Well, I ain’t no sage like the priests over at the Temple of Knowledge, but I’ll give her a look.”

Peg-Leg asks the Pirate Queen to aid his vision and carefully examines the skull. ”Allright mate, seems you know something. What do you wish to tell me, Jolly Jack?...Aye…Aye. Well, there ye be, Groom! I don't think this be the source of yer trouble, more like the sail revealing the wind. This old skull has been enspelled to let ye know if there be spirits and necromantic animations about. It appears to be able to let the spirit tell ye a thing or two if it wishes as well. Now ain’t that somethin’.”

Voodoo glow skull emits light in the presence of undead within 50 ft similar to detect undead. Also allows sentient spirits to communicate through the skull.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

"That is good to know, cause I took a shine to the little feller with the glowing eyes.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul stares quizzically at the skull (secretly hoping it won't look back):

"Hur. Normally I likes the dead to stay quiet... Normally they jabber more than enough when livin'...hur-hur."


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

"So we got ourselves an undead divinin rod?, that could come in useful" while sagely stroking his chin fur.

Aside to the Groom: "Hey now, come tae think on it, weren't the little blighter still lit up like a lantern last time we were at the house? Yet the skin-bag weren't movin then...."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

Back to dibbit. "Aye. But me thinks the witch's spirit is still there in more forms than just that bag."


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 36/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1
Cap'n Voodoo wrote:

...

You’re restored 4 CON and no longer fatigues, Jim.

”Aye, molasses rum will thicken your blood. Ha, ha. The Captain’s share is sixty gold sails, but seeing as yer a fellow mate. ‘m sure she’d accept half that. Bein’ as I were a sailor once meself, I don’ expect ye have a bronze penny left to yer name so bring it next time and remember it be foul luck to begrudge the Captain her share. Ha ha! Well, steer clear o’ them bloodsuckers including Finn if ye can help it and may ye soon be back ta sea!”

"Ahhh...that hit the spot, right enough. Thank you kindly. I'll not forget--next time back, I'll pay the Captain's share before the first drink ashore. Well, definitely before the second."


seems Jim's military days are over so he won't be needing fatigues, but yeah, he's not FATIGUED either. : ) where to next?


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

Aside to group: "Well mates, are we still lookin to track down the witch? - or should we cast eyes and ears out for the flayleaf chewer Beedle?"


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 | AC 20 T 15 FF 15 | HP 36/49 | F +5 R +5 W +4 | Init +3| Perc +1

"Beedle knows something about the witch--I'd say we start with him. Besides, I don't want anyone getting the idea that they can hex their way out of one of Keelhaul's pressgangs and not suffer for it."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul gives an angler-fish grin at Jim's notion:

"Aye... that slipperly weevil is getting split from gagswitch to his cobblers next time me an Bess make his acquaintance...

The burly half orc's eyes narrow

...'sides he owes me. Ain't never been dropped like that before... well not countin' Smiler Keefe an a belayin pin...hur-hur-hur! So aye Beedle gets my vote!"


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 5

"What say the Groom and Dingus?" Dibbets says before pausing slightly and adding "Though I spose we should be keeping a lookout for the Fat Red'un on the side like as well."


Male Human Sorcerer 5; HP 33/33; AC-16/14/12; F+4, R+4, W+4. (Spells:5/5(2), 7/7(1))

His eyes seemingly on their own keep darting to the pouch containing the talking skull.

"Yes, whatever". "This place is not as intimidating as I thought it would be". "Well let's be on our way", and without another word or a backwards glance, he exits the area.


You last spotted Beedle in the Eastern District. Although Dolo seemed to imply the gutter wizard was hiding out somewhere else recently, it still might be a good place to get more information about him. I believe you were on your way to Assad’s last.

It takes you some time longer to wend your way through the tents and shanties of Drac’s End without Dolo, but you eventually feel the cobbled streets of the Eastern District beneath your soles and quickly make your way back to the businesses near the Field of Honor.

It is now late in the night deep into middle watch ( ~3 am) and you arrive at the doors of Assad’s only to find it closed for the night. Apparently Easterners don't hold the same late hours as sailors on the Docks. You did notice light and a late night crowd at Kafe Ilkin, however.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul looks towards the establishment and strokes his mutton chops thoughtfully;

"Mmmm. Kafe Ilkin boys... a Katapeshi coffee house with shisha and sedition hur-hur... we'll probably stick out worse than a shark's fin in the shallows... but the alternative's the alehouse where our Hound mates are drinkin..."


Male Human Sorcerer 5; HP 33/33; AC-16/14/12; F+4, R+4, W+4. (Spells:5/5(2), 7/7(1))

"I have decided to rest for the evening". "It seems the hands of Fate have pushed us together for now". "Can we meet in the morning to try and gather more information". "Beedle is injured, and will be hiding up somewhere anyway". "We can check in the morning with healers, and places that might have sheltered him". "With a good nights rest we should be sharper".

For some reason I was under the impression that the original meeting was scheduled for morning. If it's this late we should meet in the morning


Male Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor of Besmara 5

"Aye. The one called Beedle was marked by my blade. I have a brand awaiting him as well, but the lateness of the hour limits our choices and our senses."

"Perhaps a meeting in the morning to see about selling and divvying up what little we claimed from the house. And then search out the addict."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 5

Kaul chuckles "Hur...hur... reckons I needs my beauty sleep too...hur... so fair play gents bleedin' out Beedle will wait til the morrow"

Cap'n: Not sure where we all lodge, but had envisaged Kaul hitting the hammock somewhere in the Bloodsalt...

As he moves to leave the thug throws a question out:

"Where and when do ye wan't tae meet? Its an early rise where I'll be bunking so Keelhaul an Bess can be here sharpish..."

251 to 300 of 7,163 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cap'n Voodoo's Freebooter PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.