Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Cap'n Voodoo's Freebooter PBP

Game Master voodoo chili

est. 2011
PF6 Fun and Plunder in Green Ronin's Freeport and around the Shackles


12,101 to 12,150 of 12,163 << first < prev | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | next > last >>

Male Human Sorcerer 6/2; HP 41/(31); AC-16/14/12; F+5, R+5, W+5/+4. (Spells:3/4,3/6, 5/8) IP-15

Dingus takes a look at the papers the Groom presents to see if he can tell what they're all about, then searches the rest of the area carefully, and magically.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Perception

And, unusually looks like he might actually be lucid, instead of drifting in and out of his own world for a change.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 6

Pouring some cold water on Kaul's plans "Dinnae think thas tha best plan Kauly... sure ye might get a wee bit o' giggle oot o' that... but then agin the bastards'll probly jus blow snot out tha other two places. We'd be right cnuts iffin we sat on that rather than gi' o'er tae whats left aught tha council eh?"

"Plus... whatevers Dagojellies wants fer Freeport'd be easier blunted iffin Finn's still around callin shots. He gets chopped off an it'll turn tha whole place intae more o' a sh1tbox. Leaders we needs as much as we ken get eh?"


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 42/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Kaul begrudgingly has to acknowledge that Dibbs has a point.

He grunts in frustration as his cunning plan of violent revenge is stymied once again, then grins as he realises other folks might be for the Lopp.

"So who we goin' after? Or we waitin' until things go south an' stealin' some power fer ourselves?"


Dingus takes a quick flip through one of the leatherbound books and finds it to be Whitecoat's business ledger. Among the columns of figures are expenditures for alchemical supplies, deliveries from Rentak's Runners, rent to Zelkema, consultation fees to Parnass, shipping from Capt. Whitemoon, and donations to the Freeport Orphanage. "Capt. Roberts would have loved to see this," the Groom notes with a shake of his head as he looks over the account books with Dingus.

Also in the desk is an iron lockbox which rattles with coins and two potion vials. The book shelf holds various texts on anatomy and disease as well as a couple unsavory tomes on darker matter. Dingus blanches at approaching the pestilent blood sprayed over the experimental end of the room.

GM stuff:
3d20 ⇒ (3, 19, 8) = 30

Kaul notes that he has a growing headache and Jim feels off as well.

Dingus, Jim, and Kaul still sickened. Jim and Kaul additional -2 on all WIS-based checks.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 42/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Kaul's scarred brow furrows;

"Hur. Still feelin' like a rough sea after the deader chewed on me... I ain't infected is I? Ol' Kauly would rather be a monkey again that a deader..."

He nods toward the far end of the room where the butchery took place;

"Iffen I am... I'll check out anywhere's that bloody an' such."


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 57/58 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +6

Jim shudders. "Aye, I'm thinking there was something fouler in those deaders than met the eye." He gives a weak half-smile. "Hard to credit, I know. Let's get these back to the Council, and see if Sister G can make us right."


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 6

"Nei a bad idea Jimmer.. we stayin fer tha Watch first like? - they'll likely be along shortly."


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 57/58 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +6

The Taldan shakes his head, remembering Gwyllin's comments about the integrity of the Watch. "Unless you have some witchery to convince them we're for-real agents of the Council, best we avoid them."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 42/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Kaul nods forlornly;

"We's been through the mill like... Feel like a bucket o' chum..."

The brute runs a mechanical paw clumsily across his scarred brow, before nodding toward the exit;

"Best we be on our ways then lads... Lest the Watchies want a word."


Kaul takes a quick look at the lab part of the chamber...
assist percep: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 - 2 = 19

and finds a hidden door in the wall under a metal table. Just in time perhaps as voices are heard in the warehouse above.


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 57/58 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +6

Jim coughs wetly. "There's our way out, I'm thinking. Let's to it. Just so there's no infernal device back of that door, hey?"


chance:
1d20 ⇒ 9

Kaul may not exactly know what Jim is talking about, but doesn't find any jars behind the door although the small storage room behind the secret door does have 8 round imprints in the grit on the floor that are about the same size as the jar bases. Beyond the small chamber, a low, narrow passage leads toward the smell of the sea.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 42/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Kaul sniffs with a mako grin;

"Hur. Smell that lads? Brine. The sea... no alchemical sting, nor tang o' blood, nor stench o' death. Honest smell that is..."

The thug crouches low and leads the way...

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Kaul has to bow down to move forward through the low passage, but at least the smell of salt water soothes his headache some. Another smell makes itself known as the group continues on under the Warehouse District, a hairy feral vermin stink. Kaul spots a mass of long sharptoothed rats rushing toward them from ahead!

Initiative Rolls:
Dibbets- 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Keelhaul Kaul- 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Madman Jim- 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Dingus- 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
the Groom- 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
foe- 1d20 ⇒ 5

Round 1
Groom
Jim
Dibbets
It had to be Rats!
Dingus
Kaul


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 6

Assuming normal sized rats.

Shaking his head "Ain't got time fer this sh1te..." Dibbs gives a bit inward breath before exhaling a halitosis tornado unto and over the unwashed vermin... oh... and the rats too...

Gust of Wind em. DC 16 Fort or they're knocked down and rolled 1d4 ⇒ 2 x 10 ft and suffer 1d4 non-lethal per 10ft.


A foul wind hits the pests sending them whiskers over tails back down the passage. The mound of rolled rats squirms a moment before rallying and heading back toward the crew.

Round 1
Groom
Jim
Dingus
Kaul
R2
Dibbets
It had to be Rats!


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 57/58 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +6

"Fall back, and let Dingus burn these beasties!" Jim retreats as best he can, trying to give Dingus an opening for a burning hands spell.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 42/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Round 1

Against his better judgement, Kaul turns tail and scrabbles backward as Dibb's windy belch halts the rat-horde momentarily.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Sorcerer 6/2; HP 41/(31); AC-16/14/12; F+5, R+5, W+5/+4. (Spells:3/4,3/6, 5/8) IP-15

Dingus gleefully steps forward, and summons forth his fan of flaming snakes to gently caress the little rodents.

"Don't worry little Richard. I'll save one for you that still breathes, and is not so crispy".

5d4 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 2, 1) = 9 Fan of Fer-de's

Sigh... Once again at my massive damage output.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 6

Assumin the wrigglers are still a-wrigglin?


the Groom and Jim fall back rapidly squeezing past Dingus. Kaul follows with nipping rats at his heels. Dingus lets loose a hissing blast of flames that meet the swarm head on. There is a stink of burning hair and blackened corpses are left behind as any surviving rats scatter before the fire. With the way clear, the crew continue forward with the charred remains of the swarm crunching under their boots.

The last couple yards of passage are ankle deep in the tide and the crew emerges under a nondescript section of dock not far from the shipyards. All is dark and quiet.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 42/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Kaul bids the crew hold for a second while he scans the area, scowling then cocking his scarred head in the hope that anything untoward will be betrayed to keen eyes and cauliflower ears;

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 57/58 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +6

"Coast clear, mate? Let's get back to the ship for the rest of the night."


The harbor is dark forest of masts which Kaul can make out in the dark, but nothing is heard other than the slapping of water on the hulls and the occasional cough of a sailor on watch.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 42/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Kaul nods in acknowledgement of Jim's query;

"Aye. All clear to Ol' Kauly's eyes an' ears."

Th thug moves out, keeping a low profile as he goes;

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 6

Alternating wooden thumps with wet slaps of flesh, Dibbets stumps along at his anemic pace. The brackish foetid air of the shipyard is met with a hefty sniff worthy of a fresh baked apple and rhubarb pie, salt invigorating gnarled and mottled flesh. He replies to Jim "Aye, but we needs get this tae tha Council sharpish eh? - dinnae want tha pale fecker 'splodin any o' tha list afore we's get out tha word eh?"


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 57/58 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +6

"I'm thinking that if we show up at the Council at this hour, they'll show us the door to a cell. Groom, do you have a way to get us in without being detained?"


the Groom considers. "There's no way the Guard will open the gates in the middle of the night for our lot. If we push it, we'll likely end up in the Tombs. If we try after the start of Morning Watch though, maybe just before sun up. They might be more willing to listen. Maybe Tarmon will contact us by then. Hopefully, the white gnome prefers a good breakfast before bombing."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 42/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Kaul scowls, then taps his scarred noggin with metal claw;

"Hur. How abouts Ol' Kauly run some interference fer ye? I'll give ye my gear, then do me best impression o' a wild orc... When the guard are bring me to heel, you lot sneak in..."

The thug grins, clearly proud of his strategy.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 6

Tapping his crutch hard against the cobbles as he walks for emphasis Dibbets scotches "Ain't tha sneakiest o' buggers at tha moment... but there's one way ye ain't talked o' yet... an thats takin tha news tae Finn." letting the words fade and gravity descend as his mates contemplate the thought.

"Ain't tha bestest, but I'm guessin tha bastard'd be tha quickest way o' gettin word sent through channels we ain't got access tae... an 'e should lissen well enoughs."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 42/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

The thug listens, then scowls with a hard nod;

"Hur. Yer makin' sense as usual mate."

Kaul snaps his claw open and shut in frustration;

"... An' as much as it sticks in me throat like a spine-fish swallowed wrong to say it, reckons Finn is a good shout..."


the Groom pauses to wring out his hat which is mysteriously saturated though he only waded through the tide. He nods along. "Not a bad idea, mate. Finn may have the numbers, information, and contacts to help us catch this rat."


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 57/58 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +6

Jim nods reluctantly. "Much as I hate to see him when a couple of us aren't feeling our best, you have the right of it. 'Least we can tell him that Dallian finally got his comeuppance."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 42/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Kaul nods to himself again as the others discuss the merits of getting into the (small) hammock with the devious crimelordlet.

"Hur. An' iffen he reckons we're waving a flag o' parley, then he won't see the broadside comin' when it does... Hur-hur-hur!"

The thug emits a hacksaw chuckle at the thought of putting one over Finn.


Thus deciding to call on Finn, the crew creep along the dark and empty docks heading east toward the Halfling Benevolence Association. They manage to avoid the spotty patrols of the Watch and soon reach the brick two-story headquarters of Finn's syndicate. All remains quiet out on the streets in observance of the curfew.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 6

Drawing near to the HBA Dibbets sniffs and regards the empty street with diffident concern. Although the pace slows a tad drawing towards the door he mutters "Nei point in waitin eh?" stumping up right to the entrance and giving closed portal a tap-tap-tapping.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 42/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Kaul lurks behind the grubby oracle, keen to have this meeting o'er and done given his predication of hating the HBA...

Still the thug can't resist a hushed jibe as Dibbs' knocks upon the door;

"Hur-Hur. Wakey wakey. Small hands off yer master's snakey!"


At Dibbets' knock, a low panel slides to the side near eye level with the halfling. Small dark eyes peer out and take in the crusty sailor's condition. "Good evening. You shouldn't be out with a curfew on. Do you not have anywhere to go?"


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 57/58 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +6

Jim leans down and murmurs quietly, "Evening to you. We thought we'd pay a visit 'fore the same folks who did for Maurice's and Kolter's came calling. And we have some strong indications that this place is on their short list, hey? Thought you might like to know."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 42/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Kaul chuckles and jabs at Dibbs with his metal paw;

"Hur... Cheeky wee blighter thinks yer 'omeless matey!"

As Jim adds his own comment, the thug buckles in a hacking laugh;

"Short list! Hur-hur-hur! Priceless Jimmer!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hard little eyes glare up at the loud orc. "You're welcome to come in," the halfling says to Dibbets. "The Talls stay outside."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 42/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Kaul's chuckling abruptly stops and he stoops to the groin high panel;

"Hur. That ain't too neighbourly is it little fella..."

He shakes his head in mock chastisement, then mugs a grin as he stands up again;

"Mind you would be like walkin' into a place built fer children! Hur-hur..."


Male Human Sorcerer 6/2; HP 41/(31); AC-16/14/12; F+5, R+5, W+5/+4. (Spells:3/4,3/6, 5/8) IP-15

Dingus is tired and grumpy.

"Didn't expect anything less from these guys did you. Dibbs is the only short one I've met I can tolerate".


The lower half of the door opens for Dibbets' use.


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 57/58 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +6

"Go on, mate. Pass the warning along. We'll be around, if they need to talk to us." Jim will keep the map.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 6

Sorry for the short silence - overflow from a roadtrip.

Chewing the inside of his cheek Dibbs muses before spitting to the street. "Aye... righto then. Keep tha papers Jimmer - I'll talk 'ere an then see ye back on tha ship? - nei point riskin curfew longer for ye." before giving his mates a nod and stumping slowly towards the portal. As he does he calls out to those within "Right, comin' in then..."


Dibbets is admitted leaving the others on the doorstep. The attending halfling, a mild looking fellow with a couple of more capable looking halflings watching, asks for all Dibbets' weapons before proceeding.


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 6

Dibbs happily gives up his pistols but looks to hold on to his crutch "Look... iffin ye wants this I'm gonna nei have much truck wi' stairs or long distances eh?" knowing in the back of his mind that a trident of Gozreh's indifference isn't far from his grasp if push came to shove.

Once they're satisfied he queries "So... ye goan talk or am I talkin tae yer boss?"


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 42/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Kaul scowls balefully at the half door as Dibbs' enters.

"Iffen 'e ain't back within the hour... we's comin' in fer 'im..."


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 57/58 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +6

Jim shakes his head with a forced grin. "Nah...they'll get to drinking, and who knows how long that'll go on? Let's find us a place to sit a spell."

12,101 to 12,150 of 12,163 << first < prev | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cap'n Voodoo's Freebooter PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.