Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Cap'n Voodoo's Freebooter PBP

Game Master voodoo chili

est. 2011
PF6 Fun and Plunder in Green Ronin's Freeport and around the Shackles


11,801 to 11,850 of 11,957 << first < prev | 230 | 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | next > last >>

Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 45/58 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +6

Jim smiles in return at the man as he takes the proffered form. Fecking landsman. "I'll sign your oath. How much is the fee? Let's see...references, Councilor Tarmon and Professor Deveril. The Councilor's asked me to find out what I can about an old shark god called Dajobas."


Katapesh Kabob

The two Kaultists grow a bit green and set aside their meals at their leader's sanguine speech, but look interested at the offer of patronage. Klack nods happily, "Sprocket shop. I like the sound of that. We can attract new supplicants with the wonders we can make following the Tenets of Mech."

Klick picks up flat bread covered with with beige goo and vegetables and smiles.

Temple of Knowledge

The apprentice at the counter raises a dubious eyebrow when Jim mentions Tarmon, but takes the completed form without comment. "Fifteen Sails for an hour consultation." Once the fee is paid, The young man calls to another apprentice and smugly casts a cantrip that carries the form through the air as if by an unseen hand to the other young man who glances over it and proceeds upstairs.

Jim is left to wait upon a scroll-shaped bench for a long time before a middle-aged Mwangi man in maroon robes approaches him and declares, "Yes. You are the one who asks of Dajobas, Hunger, Devourer of Worlds."


He continues, "Dajobas is an ancient Cyclopean God from the pre-classical time of Ghol-Gan. What we know is recorded on the ziggurats that remain for all traces of that time were swallowed by the Eye of Abendego."

"Before the Classical Age, the giants worshiped nature spirits that represented primal forces. Dajobas was Hunger. In the Classical time, the Sun and Moon became the duotheistic focus of the ancient culture, but over time the Cyclopes dug down as deep as the high ziggurats they built and became influenced by the Serpentfolk they fought below.'

"The Cult of Dajobas grew, fed by blood sacrifice and cannibalism until the time of Earthfall when the Cyclopean Empire ended. A myth says that the nature spirits trapped Dajobas once his cult disappeared. A Great Turtle sacrificed itself by lodging in the Great Shark's jaws and dragging It down to a deep trench. A Great Dolphin drove away Dajobas' remaining vile followers and a Great Whale pushed over a seamount to bury the World Devourer in a cold, black trench. This sounds much like the story of the Capture of Rovagug so I cannot say if it is a true tale or borrowed, but it is possible that the Azlanti God Curchanis aided the mythical Beasts against this abomination before he was slain by Lamashtu."

"The sahuagin are said to still worship Dajobas and Its taint remains upon the Shackles perverting mortals into bestial lycanthropes or depraved cannibals."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 35/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Kaul smugly enjoys his goo;

"Right lads. I need tae get back to the rest o' the crew. Do some 'omework on costin's o' yer Sprocket Shoppe, an' I'll see ye right!"

The thug rises and daintly dabs away veggie vittles from his maw;

"Ain't 'alf bad that plants an' such!"

Kaul settles the bill, then tips the pair the nod as he leaves.

"Right lads - will be in touch. Keep the faith an' keep yer gears lubricated."


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 45/58 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +6

Jim nods along with the tale. "Aye, that makes sense--my mates and I fought a half-croc undead priest of the god on Shark Island not long ago, and he cursed some of the crew with lycanthropy. What are Its symbols, and how might I recognize Its followers among humans?"


"Hmmm, I am not surprised that Shark Island still bears Dajobas' influence. The name is no coincidence, I think. The Sahuagin are heavy there, too."

"It is a primitive cult. They are likely totemic and just use a shark's tooth for a holy symbol. Their weapons may make use of the teeth as well. I would guess an unhealing bite wound might signify a recent perhaps unwilling convert."


if Jim has any final questions, he can get those in and then I'll bring everyone back to the ship.


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 45/58 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +6

"Are there any other places in the Shackles that might be of importance to Its followers?"


"Hmm, the origins of Dajobas may well be lost to the Eye of Abendego with the rest of the early history of the Cyclopes. But traces of the Dajobas could be hidden within any post-classical ruin really. I do not doubt the Cannibal Archipelago bears Hunger's influence."


The Mwangi scholar, bows his head and hands Jim his card which bears the Eye of Nethys and his name, Chaoui Amajegh. Jim grabs a bite of something on his walk to the Docks. As he passes near the Old City, he sees that the gates are shut now and Sea Lord's Guard keep a close watch on the near streets which have grown quiet besides a passing Watch patrol.

It is near Dog Watch when Jim reaches the jolly boat and is momentarily joined by Kaul who has sent his disciples off to make grand plans before returning Docks side. They are shuttled over to the ship and find Dingus and Dibbets already aboard. As well as Belinna, Estabo, Rafe and most of the crew actually who immediately press them for gossip about the recent explosions which have rocked Freeport.


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 45/58 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +6

"Two bombs of some sort, took out Kolter's and Maurice's. Black Dragon's without a captain now--he was at Maurice's."


Belinna gasps. "That's Captain Roberts. Captain Roberts is dead? But who would do such a thing?"


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 45/58 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +6

"Aye. And that's the question a lot of folks are asking. Some went looking in the wrong place; I had to step in to keep some poor gnome from getting strung up, and it turned out he'd actually seen one of the devices. The Groom's off doing something for the Council. Most of what I heard was when I was following him around." He shakes his head. "Politics."


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 6

Noting Jimmer's return Dibbs gives Dingus a nudge and proffers whiskered chin in that direction. Waddling over a crutch he's able to add his own rumor generating view on it "Feckin Dajobites involved somehow mark me salt... even iffin there ain't nei sign o' it in the sea jus yet like."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 35/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Kaul resists temptation to offer his own personal theory, mindful of the thundering looks he'd previously received from Dibbs for such talk.

"Aye its a mystery sure enough..."

The thug taps his claw with a mako grin;

"In other news Ol' Kauly is apparently the Mecha Man! Will be 'eraldin' in a new age o' teknohow or some such. An' I'll be marryin' some lass called Brigh!"


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 45/58 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +6

Jim nods in agreement at Dibbets' comment. "Spent a bit of coin to talk to an actual scholar over at the Temple of Knowledge. The sea devils are known to follow Dajobas, and Its influence is still apparently felt across the Shackles."


"Didn't think you were the marrying kind, Kaul," Belinna quips.

Zossrov just looks pale and quiet at the talk of Dajobas.

Cobb spits. "mark my words, it's them snakemen beneath A'val rising up to take back their island. Damned unlucky place for a town."

"I bet it's those Rogerdoomies making another try of it. Godless bastards." Drake throws in.


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 45/58 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +6

The Taldan will make a point later of finding Zossrov. "You're your own man, mate. That priest may have touched you with the Hunger, but you don't have to serve It."

Later, though, he'll check with Dibbets. "Do you know of magic that'll cure Zossrov? That scholar I spoke with told of how Dajobas was chained by three great spirits--maybe we can find someone who follows them." Jim rolls his eyes. "Feck, listen to me. I'm turning into some kind of, I don't know. Life was simpler when all we had to worry about was surviving and catching up with Dallian. At least we're not grubbing around the feckin' jungle. That's something, hey?"


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 35/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Kaul shrugs his no-neck at Belinna's jape;

"Hur. Who knows... Maybes settle down one day... Get meself a good wife an' a couple o' sprats..."

The thug then decends into hacksaw chuckling;

"Hur-hur-hur. Who am I kiddin! Ol' Kauly will drown in the blood o' foes! Least Lopps an you lot will keep me company..."

At the last statement he eyes the crew balefully... then breaks into a toothy grin;

"Ye thought I was serious! Hur..."

Kaul mulls Cobb's fell prophetics, nodding sagely;

"Snakes. Sharkies. Rats too I'll wager... Lil' uns at that."


Nervous laughter follows Kaul's jest and the crew aboard, which includes everyone after the day's events except Jenkie and the Groom, settle down for chow. Dibbets is hardly an encyclopedia of the supernatural or even natural really and doesn't have much to say on lycanthropy other than, Gozreh don't care. the Groom is likely a better source of information should he show up.

the Groom does return during First Watch, climbing aboard to be greeted by expectant looks from his mates. "Couldn't get a nibble on my hooks," he laments. "All gone deep and the main concern was putting out the fires first. It's been a long day."

"The Old City is locked up tight and the rest of Freeport is under curfew. Sadly, I've got little to report. I don't know if even Tarmon could get a messenger out to us tonight."


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 45/58 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +6

"Good to see you back in one piece, mate. I was thinking about Zossrov, and how to get the shifter curse out of him. This scholar up at the Temple of Knowledge spun me a yarn about how three great spirits--the Turtle, the Dolphin, and the Whale--all put Dajobas into a pit and dropped a mountain on him. So maybe someone who follows those spirits can cure him. What do you think?"


the Groom shrugs. "I don't know much about worshiping animals. I do know belladonna will cure lycanthropy if it doesn't kill you. Either way, problem solved." He gives a gargling chuckle.


Before the sailor in black can continue, the ruby in Tarmon's ring on his finger begins to glow and then it projects a ghostly red image of the Archwizard's head. "Ah," the image says. "sorry not to get back to you sooner. I don't have much time, but I do have news- I was able to magically analyze one of the burned shards to discover who made the pot. The potter is named Rufus Xangy. His shop is in the Eastern District, at the north end near Drac's End. Not far from Alchemical Oddities."


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 6

Perking up at the sound of a destination Dibbs spits to the side before nodding "Roight... looks like we's gots a man tae visit then eh lads?"


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 35/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Kaul chuckles menacingly;

"Hur-hur. East District... near Drac's End. Fond memories lads... hur-hur... Nice part o' town."


the Groom nods at Kaul's recollection and then his grim smile fades and he fixes a steely eye on his companions. "Remember the curfew," he croaks. "The east side will be less patrolled than the west, but I'd rather not have to deal with the Watch. He glances down at the heavy ring on the middle finger of his left hand next to the stump of his ring finger. "Tarmon's ring may give us a pass, but I don't trust the Watch well enough to know what it is."


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 45/58 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +6

"Just so he doesn't call you when we're trying to sneak past someone, hey?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

the Groom follows the others back down into the jollyboat and takes the oars. He rows slowly, but surely, silently slipping the oars into the water with only a trickling sound as the small boat sips between the dark ships moored in the harbor. Other sailors gaze down warily, but give no alarm as the crew rows on toward the town. the Groom docks not far from the burned ruins of the Broken Mug.

The moon is a dim crescent behind thin clouds that does little to illuminate the dark alleys the group creeps through stealthily skirting around the beams of light emitted from shuttered windows. The city is hushed with many already a bed after a worrisome day. The crew stays clear of the wide open expanse of the Field of Honor and only spot one patrol of Watch which are easily avoided by hastening through an alley.

Fortunately, they don't have to pass the dreaded Witch House reaching Xangy's Pottery Shop a block shy of the place. It is near midnight and surprisingly the shop is active... light spills out of the one-story building’s windows from a lantern hanging inside. This may seem encouraging but, a “Closed” sign is clearly hanging from the open door frame. There is a loud grunt from inside just before a piece of pottery flies from the side and shatters inside the doorway!


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 6

Stumping up Dibbs hears the crack and looks to Kaul "In an ready lad, iffin anyone's fer wreckin it should be us eh?"


Male Human Sorcerer 6/2; HP 41/(37); AC-16/14/12; F+5, R+5, W+5/+4. (Spells:3/4,5/6, 7/8) IP-15

"Maybe I should like go all invisible, and try to take a look around before we go bustin in... or I can make someone else invisible...


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 35/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Kaul looks to Lopper, but opts for his sap.

The thug grins and nods back toward Dibbs brandishing bludgeon and claw;

"Hur... I'll wreck 'em proper... Invisible or no!"

10k posts for me on these here boards :)


"Keelhaul" Kaul wrote:
10k posts for me on these here boards :)

you're a grognard now.

fickle fingers: 2d20 ⇒ (12, 17) = 29

Kaul slips in to find that the shop in disarray. Toppled pottery, some broken, some not, lies haphazardly on the shelves that stand against all four walls. A long table dominates the center of the room where lumps of clay, sculpting tools, and a basin of water reside. Beside the table are a stool and a stained pottery wheel. Only one young man is seen in the shop, and he is seated on the stool, oblivious to the half-orc, as he cleans out broken shards from beneath a shelf.


Kaul? Anyone?


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 35/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Sorry chief - thought I'd posted...

Kaul announces his presence with a soft "Hurrr"

The thug warily eyes the lad, sap and claw readied;

"Quick answers lad... no runnin' or ye'll be goin' to sleep... Who are ye an' what 'appened 'ere?"


The startled young man spins around ready to hurl a broken pot. "Arrgh! I'm the owner! You should know what happened! It's your gang did all this! Come to finish the job?!"


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 35/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Kaul looks all quizzical at the man;

"Us? Were'nt us matey..! 'sides iffen it were you'd be in the Boneyard rather than Pot Shop... savvy? So belay the crockery an' tell us yer tale... Afore I lose me patience!"

The thug shoots a look at his shipmates;

"Someone tryin' to frame us? Wearin' our faces like?"


The man doesn't lower his pot yet. "Neighbors said it was a bunch of orcs with red swords," he glares at Kaul's red claw. "They sent someone to get me, but I guess that I just missed them. They sure trashed the place though." He glances around angrily. "This shop has been nothing but bad luck lately."


Male Human Sorcerer 6/2; HP 41/(37); AC-16/14/12; F+5, R+5, W+5/+4. (Spells:3/4,5/6, 7/8) IP-15

Dingus releases his invisibility spell, right beside the young shopkeeper when he sees that there is probably going to be no bloodletting.

Then in a loud voice announces "What do you mean bad luck? What else has happened"?


"EEP!" The sudden appearance of the strange Tien with a scary snake poking out of his collar is too much for the rattled shop keep.

Initiative:
Dibbets- 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Keelhaul Kaul- 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Madman Jim- 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Dingus- 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
the Groom- 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
foe- 1d20 ⇒ 14

He attempts to throw the jar at Dingus and bolt for the door! But the Groom is prepared and commands in a low, authoritative voice, "Don't move." The young man grimaces and complies, but still attempts to break the jar over Dingus' head.

R1
Kaul
Dingus


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 35/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Round 1

(Now) Seeing his pal in mortal danger of getting crocked (crockery gettit- whackawhackawhacka!) the thug attempts to slap the storehand down;

Melee: MW Sap: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Damage: Not likely...


Male Human Sorcerer 6/2; HP 41/(37); AC-16/14/12; F+5, R+5, W+5/+4. (Spells:3/4,5/6, 7/8) IP-15

"Hey! Cut it out!".

Dingus goes full defensive.


Dingus gets his arm up just in time to deflect the jar which falls to the ground and shatters. Kaul's sap goes astray. Struck by the Groom's spell, the man remains where he stands.

R1
Dibbets
Jim
R2
Groom
Kaul
Dingus
Potter


Male Halfling Oracle of Gozreh 6

Dibbets stumps around near the entrance, peering past his mates at the clearly non-threatening foe - trusting Kaul and Jimmer to have it in hand. He growls with gravel "Best ye belay lest ye be pickin ye teeth outta the cobbles matey"


Male Taldan Human Free-Hand Fighter/5 Inspired Blade Swashbuckler/1 | AC 22 T 16 FF 17 | HP 45/58 NL0| F +5 R +7 W +5 | Init +3| Perc +6

Jim follows Dibbets into the shop. He doesn't draw his blade, holding his hands up in front of him in a nonthreatening manner, and speaks in a not unkind voice. "Stand down, mate. We'll not be hurting you. Kaul, Dingus--leave the man alone."

Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Jim's plea for reason has no effect.

the Groom sighs. "Just pin the fool, Kaul."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 35/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

With relish Kaul brings his new arm to bear on the shop-keep... The infamous red claw grabs for the man's neck;

Grapple Attempt w/Red Claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 Red Claw holds grapple as STR24


"Gak!" The red claw clamps around the man's neck holding him fast.

"Now answer the young man's question or your head pops off," the Groom growls.

intimidate: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24

The man chokes until Kaul loosens up a touch then gives a sob. "Nothing but bad luck. This shop was my father's place. He was murdered three days ago. Now some gang of orcs has trashed the place. Who are you? Is this some kind of protection racket? I've got nothing but broken pots. Trash the place. I don't care anymore."


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 35/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Kaul eyes the man with a scarred scowl... the brute mulling on the significance of red bladed orcs in the criminal hierarchy of Freeport...

Knowledge (Local)?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


Indeed, Kaul knows of a Bloodsalt gang that goes by the name Salty Blades. Their blades are red from the toxic bloodsalt of their district that they somehow get to stick to their weapons. They hang out at the Hungry Vulture in the 'Salt.


Male Half Orc Rogue (Thug) 6+2 | HP 35/57 | AC 19/14/NA | F+5, R+10, W+2 | IP 3 | Perc +10 (+11 Freeport), Darkvision 60ft | Init +3 | Move: 30ft.

Kaul grins all knowingly;

"Hur.-hur! Ye got us confused with The Salty Blades lad. Now while we is salty an' mark'ed we do carry a fair few blades; we ain't the salty blades... Savvy?"

The thug continues to hold the shoppekeep at mechanical arms length;

"Now iffen ye understand I'll put ye down rather than put ye out o' yer misery...Savvy?"

11,801 to 11,850 of 11,957 << first < prev | 230 | 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | 235 | 236 | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cap'n Voodoo's Freebooter PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.