Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Campaign: Without Their Rangers (3rd Group) (Inactive)

Game Master Connor McGinnis


1 to 50 of 243 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Male Human

Better keep your graph paper handy. You're going to need it.

After defending the seaside village of Selsey from a Goblin raid, in which you all met, you are now in Lachtopher Inn, conversing over mugs of ale. It is a surprisingly large 3-story building. The owner and bartender, Lachtopher himself, is behind the front counter. He is an older man, a retired knight with a receeding white hairline and milky brown eyes.

Various characters, shady, happy, and openly drunk, fill the ground floor.

The room is 12 squares long by 10 wide. Where are you at? (ex: A1, B12, G7) What do you do or say?


Male Half Orc Bard 1

I am in the middle of the room. E6~ish.

The music in the air is from my Lute.

Perform: Strings1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12.

"I need to tune this stupid thing..."


Female Gnome Empyreal Knight (paladin) 1

Uldumastie, her armor shining as though she had just polished it, stands near the door, but if possible away from the shadowy characters, drinking a goblet of heavily watered down wine.

She is a little startled by the harsh chords of the lute, but says nothing other than nodding her head slowly.


Female Human (Kellid ethnicity) Barbarian 1, Scarred Rager Archetype

Cilda hangs out around C12. She isn't drinking anything, but occasionally looks around the room.

She winces at Sinque's playing. "If you're going to play that, at least play something that sounds good," she calls over to him.


Female Human (Taldoran) Rogue (Chameleon)/1

Is there a fireplace? If so where is it located


Male Half Orc Bard 1

"You think you could do better, Cilda? A Goblin stuck one of his arrows in it!"

Sinque plays a different tune. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

"There's the tune!"


Female Gnome Empyreal Knight (paladin) 1

Uldumastie is able to relax a little more at the sound of proper music playing, but she still seems anxious and a little out of place. She attempts to move through the room towards the bar without touching anyone, a difficult process in itself, in order to place her empty glass on the bar.

"The goblins have no love of culture. At least not civilized culture." Uldumastie's voice is meek and small, in direct conflict with the whirl of metal and cloak she was during the battle.


Male Half Orc Bard 1

"Their culture is civilized to them. I spent a summer in a village, once. Lets just say that they use Alchemist Fires a little... Different than the way we do.

The large grin and the ways Sinques eyebrows move are very suggestive.

For the record, where is A1 located to you, Connor? Is it at the left or the right?

Sovereign Court

Male Human

Cilda will have to start at C10 instead. When I said 12 long by 10 wide I meant long as in up and down. Sorry for the confusion.
There are no tables in the room other than the long bar table taking up B1-B9 with stools in each square going down it. Lachtopher is behind the counter at A4.
Georgette, the fireplace is at F10. The door is at L3 and Uldumastie started out at L2.
The main grouping of people in the room are clustered around Sinque.
Uldumastie was finally able to squeeze her way through the crowd and gets up to C3.
Lachtopher smiles at her, takes her glass, and begins wiping it down, talking to the Halfling bus boy behind the counter (A7).

Sczarni

Female Elf

I am sitting at the bar at C9 close to the fireplace.

Glad you got that lute in tune. You where killing me there for a minute.


Caeradan sits at the end of the bar (at C1), leaning back on the wall with his owl perched on his shoulder. His foot taps lightly along with the tune, and he chuckles at his companions' banter while relaxing and watching the room.

"Humans are an odd lot, eh Ozzy? he says quietly to his familiar.

When not otherwise engaged, Caeradan keeps Prestidigitation up (recasting every hour as needed) so he can amuse himself by changing the colors of his robe and other gear, and drinking his ale without lifting the mug by hand.


Male Half Orc Bard 1

"Well, then, pickle me and call me Uncle Graknar. You're jelous! Its the green skin, isn't it?"

Sinque laughs loud at his joke. Just as he says that, the songs finishes.

"Thank you all for being such good listeners, but now I must bid you, adeu."

He turns to the bar, and walks next to Uldamastie.

"How you doin', blondie?"

Sovereign Court

Male Human

Sinque will be at C4. Make a perform check, Sinque. You'll get 1/2 of it in gold.
Lachtopher nods and hands Sinque a mug of ale.
"Thanks to you folks, my Inn is bustling tonight.", he says, "The town owes you all her thanks. If ye need anything just ask."


Male Half Orc Bard 1

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

"Thankyou, sir. Its a pleasure to help."

After turning away from Lachtopher, Sinque quietly says to Uldamastie "These cheapskates. 5 gold? That ain't enough to feed the lot of us. Eh, Beggers can't be choosers."

Sovereign Court

Male Human

Everyone make Perception checks.


Female Gnome Empyreal Knight (paladin) 1

Uldumastie edges away from Sinque, allowing him the space he needs to feel comfortable.

"I am Uldumastie, not Blondie.", she says serenely. "And I do well enough. As for the gold, a little goes a long way. You might even consider donating some of it to the orphans of any who died in the attack."

Perception
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Caeradan waves at the bartender for a refill of his drink. Once it is full, he causes it to chill to his preferred temperature (prestidigitation). Ozymandious keeps up his usual constant scan of the room.

Perception (+3 in shadowy areas from familiar)1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Female Human (Taldoran) Rogue (Chameleon)/1

Eyes the gentleman with the owl and finds him to rather intriguing. *moves up the bar to C2 to talk with Casradan.

Exsuse me sir. I noticed your owl and I must say he is rather handsome. I was wondering if you'd mind telling me how you two came to be travel companions.


The owl gives the lady a stare that shows more intelligence than one would normally ascribe to an animal, while the elf smiles and sips his ale.

"Well, as you have no doubt guessed, I am a विज़ार्ड ... a practitioner of the magical arts. Ozymandious here came to me during my studies. That is generally considered to be a sign from the gods, and when it happens the विज़ार्ड takes the animal as his परिचित भावना... you would call it a companion, or familiar spirit. He helps me stay alert when I get focused on the intricacies of magical theory. We have been together for twelve years now."

Sovereign Court

Male Human

I still need Perception checks from Cilda, Georgette, and Sinque.


Female Human (Taldoran) Rogue (Chameleon)/1

Perseption 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Female Human (Kellid ethnicity) Barbarian 1, Scarred Rager Archetype

Sorry, was busy with work today.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Male Half Orc Bard 1

"Oh, I know, blondie. I just like to tease the holy knight."

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Female Human (Kellid ethnicity) Barbarian 1, Scarred Rager Archetype

Cilda remains quiet throughout. She doesn't feel entirely comfortable surrounded by so many people that she doesn't know. The crowded building starts to make her just the tiniest bit paranoid. She maintains a look of "casual lack-of-intrest" while still looking around to be sure.

Sczarni

Female Elf

I am please to make your acquaintance Ozymandious and I am sorry sir I did not catch your name. She says in a polite manner. You can hear the formality in her voice as if she was raised around nobles. I am Georgette Theadoux and I am from Taldor. I grew tired of being ordered from place to place so I ran off to see what the world had to offer. My guess is you are searching for knowledge as well. she says to Caeradan.

Liberty's Edge

The wizard smiles as Georgette speaks to the owl. "I am, though not necessarily as my primary purpose." He bows slightly. "I am Caeradan Felwythe, at your service. I have come here to begin my Journeyman's travels. Master Alzyrian says that before I can be a master wizard myself I must first see the world, and use my talents to improve it in some way. I came here following rumors that Rangers have been behind a number of deaths. The Rangers have long been friends of my forest and its denizens, and I find it difficult to believe that they would do such a thing. "

He takes another sip of his drink, and asks, "Can I buy you a drink?"


Female Human (Taldoran) Rogue (Chameleon)/1

Replying in Elven "I shall have what you are having then sir, and thank-you. Sir Farsain used to tell me much the same thing about learning the arcane arts, that traveling would help them develop. But alas my brother got those skills. I however inherited the ability of a fast hand and a light step. As for these Rangers, I dare say they have become corrupt and need to be stopped. Takes a sip of her drink.

Sovereign Court

Male Human

All but Uldumastie (who failed by just 1) can hear a loud scream from outside that could only herald death.


Male Half Orc Bard 1

"HARK! I heard a scream! Lets go, Blondie."

Sinque grabs his lute and starts to head for the door at a brisk pace.

Hey Connor, do you think you could open up the Discussion thread?

Sovereign Court

Male Human

It's up now.


Male Half Orc Bard 1

Thankyou


Female Human (Taldoran) Rogue (Chameleon)/1

caeradan I believe our conversation shall have to wait. As I fear that scream could only mean bad things.
Grabbing her bag Georgette makes her way through the crowd to the door and proceeds outside to investigate.


Female Human (Kellid ethnicity) Barbarian 1, Scarred Rager Archetype

Cilda hears the sceam and grabs her things at her feet. "Move it, move, out of my way," she tells people roughly as she makes her way to the door and outside.


Female Gnome Empyreal Knight (paladin) 1

Uldumastie is first shocked by the news of the scream, then irritated at being called Blondie again. Nevertheless, she reaches for the blade hanging at her waist and follows the others out the door, albeit a bit slower due to her size.


"Indeed. Ozzy, go!"

The owl takes off from Caeradan's shoulder, exiting through the nearest open window or door (waiting until someone opens the door, if necessary). Caeradan picks up his bow from where it leans against the wall next to him, and follows the others.

Caeradan will step just outside the door and move to one side. If you are counting rounds already, it looks like he should just be able to make it outside with a double move.


Male Half Orc Bard 1

You want me to be infront of you? I have a little bit of armor...


Sinque wrote:
You want me to be infront of you? I have a little bit of armor...

Yes, my intent is to be last out the door. Cover me, I'm squishy!


Male Half Orc Bard 1
Caeradan wrote:
Sinque wrote:
You want me to be infront of you? I have a little bit of armor...
Yes, my intent is to be last out the door. Cover me, I'm squishy!

Quickly everyone! Hide behind the Bard wearing Leather Armor! Lol!

Sinque reaches the door and looks out, being careful incase something comes out at him.


Female Human (Kellid ethnicity) Barbarian 1, Scarred Rager Archetype

Or maybe hide behind the 17 HP barbarian ;)

Cilda reaches the door as well, trying to check the outside with Sinque.

Sczarni

Female Elf

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 stealth check to move quietly through the crowd
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 perseption check to see if I notice anyone fleeing the area who looks suspisious


Good idea, get rolls in before he asks :)
Caeradan perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 +3 more if the lighting is dim/shadowy
Ozymandious perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Male Half Orc Bard 1

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

"Hey, Hammer-girl. Lets circle around to see if the scream came from the ally-ways."


Female Human (Taldoran) Rogue (Chameleon)/1

what can I say I'm curious. Also I'm not very stealthy apparently lol

Caeradan can you have Ozy fly ahead and see if he spots anything? He might be able to see something from the air that we can't see on the ground.


Georgette Theadoux wrote:
Caeradan can you have Ozy fly ahead and see if he spots anything? He might be able to see something from the air that we can't see on the ground.

Caeradan nods at Georgette as he follows her through the door. "Already on it."

Sovereign Court

Male Human

In the middle of the street, a large crowd gathering around it, is the body of a younger human woman. You spot a lengthy stab wound towards the center of her chest. A robed humanoid form is speeding away down the street, short sword (dripping blood) in hand.


Female Gnome Empyreal Knight (paladin) 1

Uldu moves toward the body, knowing she will never be able to catch up with the fleeing transgressor. She checks to see if the woman is still alive, or if she is injured beyond help.

Heal
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Sovereign Court

Male Human

The peasant woman is dying. If she doesn't recieve healing soon, she will bleed out and die of shock.


Ozzy, follow!

Caeradan dispatches his familiar to try to trip up the fleeing figure. He runs up and ...

If Caeradan can get within 30' using a single 30' move, and can go before anyone else attacks, he will cast Charm Person (DC 15 Will save negates) and call for his new friend to come back to talk.

If he can't get close enough, or if someone else attacks before he can cast, he will instead use a swift action to imbue his bow with magic, and try to slow the person down. To hit:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Damage:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2.


Female Human (Kellid ethnicity) Barbarian 1, Scarred Rager Archetype

Cilda looks from the body of the bleeding woman that Uldumastie is attempting to healing to the fleeing hooded man and quickly makes a decision. She rushes after Caeradan and the man, attempting to catch up with them.

In movement terms, she's moving at a run pace


Male Half Orc Bard 1

Sinque waves his arms wide and raises his voice in a language unknown to many.
Summon Monster: Eagle. Full Round Action. Movement speed? Crazy.

"Get him, Tweety!"

1 to 50 of 243 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Campaign: Without Their Rangers (3rd Group Gameplay) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.