Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Call of the Wardens (Inactive)

Game Master Roshan

Reemergence of the Fabled Wardens


351 to 400 of 1,081 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

After listening to Nera's request, Legiald looks to her wine a moment before replying. Imp's blood healing, huh? So she's used up the last of it for now. She seems to be a nice elf girl to me. He offers a weak smile. "Go ahead and get your rest. I'll be here a while at least to keep an eye ."

As he patches Dolelan, he notices how Nera sleeps with her weapon. Still...


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Nightskies wrote:
On a more serious note, I expect it'll be about 17:00 when Legiald finishes treating the wounds, if that leaves enough time to go looking for arrows (and another healer's kit), he'll do so. In interests of speeding things along, would you mind rolling whatever needs to be for me and giving those results, Roshan? Legiald will try his best to be back before sundown.

So like the other shops I'm going to assume you go to the closest/most notable shop of the type you want to go to, like the herb shop, there are other, more secluded shops that deal in similar goods but it's more out of the way.

You head towards Rudolf's Arms and Armor a shop a few blocks away from the Croaking Lion. As you approach the shop it looks like the sun is sitting low in the sky. Looking inside you see that several of the shuttered windows are still proped open, letting in the light but there is no one behind the counter. As you push open the door a little bell above the door rings, announcing your presence and a man bearing several bandages, a cane and a limp walks through the door. A sword belted at his waist. Looking around the store itself you see that most of the weapons are gone. "Can I help ye?"


On sight of the man, Legiald sharpens up. The light activity all day hadn't yet begun to wear him down, though the weight of his gear had grown uncomfortable and he let his pack slack a little earlier. "I'm looking for arrows. About five dozen to a hundred, if I'm lucky enough you still have 'em." With a second look around quickly, he pulls his sheathed two handed sword off his shoulder with his pack, giving some ease to them. "My group brought ten down in the street last night, we'll do better this night if you can sell me some plain arrows."


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon doesn't have handle animal but she does have a ride skill of 9, Why I'd remember one without other no idea.

Charon mutters to herself. She's never been good with these damn things. Toss a saddle on it and she'd be good to go. Getting the damn things to come to you never worked for her. So She'll just go get one herself.

Charon sneaks up to the horse, tosses a pebble. When it became distracted she made a jump and missed it completely. She stands there for a moment just to curse and cuss about horses.

Perception(Looking for healthiest looking horse): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Bluff(distract): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 vs 13(10+wis+baseatt)
Grab and mount horse: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 vs 15 cmd flatfooted.

She calms herself and ducks into the bushes. Hoping she get this one. She sneaks up the the horse, tosses a well aim pebble to the right of it. She manages to catch the beast and control him. She mutters something about damn beast.

Perception(Looking for healthiest looking horse): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Bluff(distract): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 vs 13(10+wis+baseatt)
Grab and mount horse: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 vs 15 cmd flatfooted.
Ride Check(Control mount): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29(-5 for bareback)

Charon will guide horse back and use rope in her haversack to tie him to a tree and retrieve mount gear. She'll saddle him and move towards where Legiald said they would meet.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Legiald Galsaran wrote:
On sight of the man, Legiald sharpens up. The light activity all day hadn't yet begun to wear him down, though the weight of his gear had grown uncomfortable and he let his pack slack a little earlier. "I'm looking for arrows. About five dozen to a hundred, if I'm lucky enough you still have 'em." With a second look around quickly, he pulls his sheathed two handed sword off his shoulder with his pack, giving some ease to them. "My group brought ten down in the street last night, we'll do better this night if you can sell me some plain arrows."

"I'll oblige ye as best I can, let me see what I have left." He limps into the back room, you hear some shuffling, shifting of boxes and hinge creaking. Coming back into the store front he has a basket of arrows, the basket itself is pretty big but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot in there. "You're welcome to whatever's left in here, they bin used a bit. Tested some of my bows wit' em, they should still be good tho'."

There's about 80 arrows in there. You don't take any in-game penalties for them but they look far from pretty.

Charon Warblade wrote:

You have yourself a bit of an adventure trying to get a horse to ride. As you fail to take hold of that first horse it's frightened by your sudden, jerky movements and scampers off, as do a number of the other horses. It takes you a little bit to get to your next target but you manage to get onto it's back and hold on long enough to asert control, it's not considerably hard, being that these are trained mounts but it's still a scared animal.

Finally with your horse in tow you lead it towards the rally point.


Taking the basket, Legiald nods. "Are you ready for the night? There's not much time left."

If payment is expected (you seemed to indicate otherwise earlier), he'll give the appropriate amount in gold and silver.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Legiald Galsaran wrote:

Taking the basket, Legiald nods. "Are you ready for the night? There's not much time left."

If payment is expected (you seemed to indicate otherwise earlier), he'll give the appropriate amount in gold and silver.

Indeed, they're basically the arrows he uses to test the draw on bows, they're all he really has left. As such they're a mash up of different fetching and shafts from different trees.

"I doubt i'd be much help, bein that I was injured by the beasties last night. My son Gregor will stand in my place, you can look for im' if you wish, he's a strong sword arm, not much in the way of smarts."


"Good luck, then."

With that, Legiald returns to the inn.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon will head towards inn, with horse and gear in tow.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Sorry for the lack of posts guys, been catching up with some paperwork.

Okay, so the day is just about over, the town sets sentries and while most of the town is gathered in the square. The town square is by far the most defensible position for the amount of people they have in town. While it's a tense night for everyone with nerves running high, jumping at every sound coming from the dark nothing happens. No screaming, no disembodiment, no feasting on human flesh.

After what feels like nearly an eternity later the sun starts rising in the east, the sunlight falls on the towns defenders and they start blinking away tears, many of them fearing that the previous night would be their last. They quickly set about tending to the wounded and feeding the helpless but it seems that some of the people in town are returning to work, an hour later the air is filled with the smell of fresh bread as someone has set up a small makeshift oven at the edge of the square, the sound of a hammer hitting an anvil rings out somewhere nearby and slowly but surely people start tentatively returning to their duties. Many still seem to be on edge but it looks like for them the danger has mostly passed.


Elven Archivist 5

I believe the plan was for us to leave town during the night and sleep during the day as we traveled...


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Dolelan Callennan wrote:
I believe the plan was for us to leave town during the night and sleep during the day as we traveled...

....well then....stuff.

It happens without your knowledge of it happening.

You set out on horseback in the direction of Jackals Folly, it's a good days ride (or night's ride as the case may be) away so you make haste. As you proceed onward across the plains you see stormclouds gathering to the east, the wind seems to still after several hours and the incessant chirping of crickets seems to die down. Off in the distance you can see a grey blur with several small, barely distinct dots reaching towards the sky.

Perception Checks


Elven Archivist 5

Perception check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Before we take off, Charon will see if anyone can identify the two different potions she has. Talking to Dolelan or Legiald first. She'll also see if they have anything to help patch her up.

Charon will stay at the back of the group(10ft), keeping an eye out in case anyone is following.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Legiald takes the potions upon request, and attempts to identify them.
Perception DC= 15+Spell level+modifier if unusual:
1st: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
2nd: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

"Hm, it looks like these are _________."

After, he will give Charon care for the deadly wounds, again making one use of the kit.

"It seems Nera ... ran out ... of healing magic. Looks like this will have to do."

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 (+5 HP)


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Legiald Galsaran wrote:

Perception: 1d20+8

Legiald takes the potions upon request, and attempts to identify them.
Perception DC= 15+Spell level+modifier if unusual:
1st: 1d20+8
2nd: 1d20+8

"Hm, it looks like these are _________."

After, he will give Charon care for the deadly wounds, again making one use of the kit.

"It seems Nera ... ran out ... of healing magic. Looks like this will have to do."

1d20+7 (+5 HP)

Charon, since you didn't specify, I'm going to say that you pulled one of the honey colored potions and one of the green ones. Looking back it doesn't seem that I gave you the exact list of how many of different colors there were.

Considering that the highest level potion is 3rd level barring any extenuating circumstances Legiald would be able to Identify any potion by taking 10.

Legiald, you soon recognize the Honey Colored Potions to be potions of Cure Light Wounds but they seem to pack more of a kick than you'd normally expect them to. All the potions are at CL 5.

Potions:
8 Honey Colored Potions
1 Red Potion
2 Blue Potions
1 Green Potion
1 Orange Potion
1 Milky Potion


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Perceptions

15+:
You hear a methodic *thump*....*thump*....*thump* beginning softly at first but now it's a distinct dull thump in the air.

20+:
You hear a similar sound as that in the last spoiler but can single out more details, you recognize the sound as flapping wings and judging from the sheer audibility of the wing beats it must be a big one.

The horses seem a bit on edge, their eyes wide and darting in many different directions.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

@roshan(past):Charon would pull out all of the colored potions when Legiald is looking at them. She's not type to take anything by chance. She'll also use one of the Cure light wounds(feel free to roll and let me know what happens).
@Nera: Not sure what our interaction would be at Inn. I'll assume we dont trust each other but know we're working at common cause. Charon wouldn't forget what happen but she also is more interested in meeting up with Walter than you. Charon actually bears more ill will towards your sword then Nera herself. She thinks it might possess you and "Walter" maybe behind it.
@Legiald: Charon will also hand Legiald a honey colored potion for identifying the other potions.
@roshan(present):
Ride(stay in saddle):1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20(Dc=5)

Charon settles her horse and says, "Be on guard. We have no idea, what manner of thing Walter might throw at us. Legiald take point." Charon quickly flourishes her rapier to hand.


Elven Archivist 5
Quote:
"Be on guard. We have no idea, what manner of thing Walter might throw at us. Legiald take point."

At one point Dolelan cocks his head and pauses for a moment to listen, "Does anyone else here that? It sounds like someone is chopping wood or something...?

Every GM is a little different about how they treat taking 10s and 20s... would you allow taking a 20 on my perception test now that I've heard something and I'm trying to figure out what it is?


Legiald draws his bow upon the notice Charon seems to take to something out of place. He then takes further care to be aware, looking about the brightening land for signs of what alerted them.

What Dolelan said. What are our immediate surroundings?


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Dolelan Callennan wrote:
Quote:
"Be on guard. We have no idea, what manner of thing Walter might throw at us. Legiald take point."

At one point Dolelan cocks his head and pauses for a moment to listen, "Does anyone else here that? It sounds like someone is chopping wood or something...?

Every GM is a little different about how they treat taking 10s and 20s... would you allow taking a 20 on my perception test now that I've heard something and I'm trying to figure out what it is?

This is a good point to settle, I've clearly explained taking 10 and taking 20 Here

Unless you'd like to take a roundabout path I just figured you'd ride straight to Jackal's Folly. The land you're riding through are plains, though not quite what you'd normally expect, the constant rains that come down from the mountains keep the land green and fertile. The monotony is broken by low sloping hills and the odd rocky outcropping that pops up every few miles. There are a handful of hamlets here and there but they don't grow much more than enough to feed themselves and the nearest one is far off course.

Right now the area around you is a hill with a very slight incline, there's another rocky outcropping several hundred yards to the southeast (Ahead and to the left of you), that's pretty much it. You believe to be Jackal's Folly but from the looks of it it's pretty far off.


Elven Archivist 5

Thanks for the reminder, I forgot that was there...
Taking a 20 on perception = 28

After listening to the odd sound for a minute Dolelan says, "Oh, that's not woodcutting, that is definitely the sound of very large wings! I'm surprised I didn't recognize it before... I had the privilege of observing a roc many years ago and it sounded much the same." Dolelan begins to look slightly worried as he returns to watching the skies.

Knowledge (nature)1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23, Knowledge (arcana)1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16, Knowledge (geography)1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29 to know whether there are any large flying animals native to this region.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Dolelan Callennan wrote:

Thanks for the reminder, I forgot that was there...

Taking a 20 on perception = 28

Keep in mind you can only take 20 on perception when you're searching for something, say a secret compartment in a desk or a hidden panel in a wall.

Dolelan Callennan wrote:

After listening to the odd sound for a minute Dolelan says, "Oh, that's not woodcutting, that is definitely the sound of very large wings! I'm surprised I didn't recognize it before... I had the privilege of observing a roc many years ago and it sounded much the same." Dolelan begins to look slightly worried as he returns to watching the skies.

Knowledge (nature)1d20+12, Knowledge (arcana)1d20+15, Knowledge (geography)1d20+12 to know whether there are any large flying animals native to this region.

Dolelan:
You know that there are a handful of flying creatures in the area, most of them however are active during the day. The only ones active at night are Great Horned Owl's and Dire Bats.

Looking for the source of the sound you all scan the skies, however in the darkness of a cloudy night your torchlight reaches weakly into the sky, revealing nothing.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

So just a quick doublecheck. Everyone is on a horse and Dolelan has a Packhorse, anyone else pick up a packhorse before you leave?


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3
Charon Warblade wrote:

@roshan(past):Charon would pull out all of the colored potions when Legiald is looking at them. She's not type to take anything by chance. She'll also use one of the Cure light wounds(feel free to roll and let me know what happens).

@Nera: Not sure what our interaction would be at Inn. I'll assume we dont trust each other but know we're working at common cause. Charon wouldn't forget what happen but she also is more interested in meeting up with Walter than you. Charon actually bears more ill will towards your sword then Nera herself. She thinks it might possess you and "Walter" maybe behind it.
@Legiald: Charon will also hand Legiald a honey colored potion for identifying the other potions.
@roshan(present):
Ride(stay in saddle):1d20 + 9(Dc=5)
Charon settles her horse and says, "Be on guard. We have no idea, what manner of thing Walter might throw at us. Legiald take point." Charon quickly flourishes her rapier to hand.

@Roshan:Let me know about other stuff. Provided we know what the potions are. Single horse here. Charon has all her gear on her as well in her bag or backpack. Roll for Cure light Potion:1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Charon prepares a dagger in the other hand, "Doleran what in the name of a devil is a Roc?


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

GM Only:
1 (Packhorse) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
2 (Packhorse) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
3 Dolelan 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
4 Nera 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
5 Charon 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
6 Legiald 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
7 Legiald 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Out of the night's sky comes a chorus of screeches as a handful of massive creatures with leathery wings and mouths wide as they barrel into the packhorse, taking it to the ground screaming. Tearing your eyes from the fallen horse's cries of surprise and agony you see several more forms at the edge of torchlight bearing down upon you.

Nera is taken from her horse, knocked to the ground in a huff, the creature lurks just above her, large goblets of drool dripping from it's open jaws.

Dolelan is as well taken down but instead of being knocked to the ground just next to his horse the flying creature took him at an angle, carrying him a distance before flying off screeching into the darkness.

A leathery creature flying straight for Charon apparently misjudges the trajectory of his dive and lands with a loud thud several feet from her.

Legiald, you're paying close attention as you see what the things are doing and duck one just as it's massive form just misses you but turning to look at the one you dodged you're blindsided by another and slammed to the ground.

Surprise Round

Initiative

Sorry if I didn't see it on your sheet but if you have uncanny dodge or combat reflexes you can take an AOO as they fly into you.


Everyone gets +2 initiative for following Legiald.
Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Are these animals I recognize?
Knowledge- Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 = Not a clue!

"Uff!"


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Guessing perception rolls from earlier didn't matter too much? For the record I've got no problem with you rolling our initiative for us. Speeds up play at the start of combat if you're into shaving a day off these things while waiting for response.

Initiative: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 = 27

Mechanics:
(Possibly subject to change if she somehow manages to act last or is killed from AoO or something zany)

Actions:
----------------------------------------
[Move action]
(Provokes AoO) -Stand up-

----------------------------------------
(Standard Action)
::Attack C4 with Scimitar::: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

::Damage::: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Type: S/P

::If Crit confirmation::: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

::If Crit Damage:: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Type: S/P
----------------------------------------
Free Action
5-Foot-Step to G3

(Referring to Square between horse and creature as G3 due to lack of labeled axis, presuming horizontal as numbered left to right and vertical as alphanumeric top to bottom.)

"Bweaahahggaaahaha, Yweeeeeeaaalp" Nera reflexively cries out as she's side swiped and hits the dirt with a tumble.

Momentarily confused her reflexes kick in and she jumps to her feet leaving herself open for attack for brief moment before following up with a deadly stroke of her blade combined with a quick spin as she steps between this new foe and the horse her long silver hair flowing with her twirl and coming to rest as she raises her black blade above her head at an angle while her eyes dart around wildly to assess her new situation.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Legiald Galsaran wrote:
Are these animals I recognize?

You don't know the exact species but you're pretty sure these are some big bats.

Nera Turvian wrote:
Guessing perception rolls from earlier didn't matter too much?
Roshan wrote:
Looking for the source of the sound you all scan the skies, however in the darkness of a cloudy night your torchlight reaches weakly into the sky, revealing nothing.

It didn't count for nothing, it just wasn't able to provide you with enough heads up to know what to expect and how to respond to the threat.

Nera Turvian wrote:
For the record I've got no problem with you rolling our initiative for us. Speeds up play at the start of combat if you're into shaving a day off these things while waiting for response.

That's a good Idea, does anyone have any objections?


Elven Archivist 5
Quote:
"Doleran what in the name of a devil is a Roc?"

Asked about an academic topic, Dolelan begins to warm to the topic immediately- "A roc is a large raptor of the megafauna accipitridae family. The specimen I saw had a seventy foot wingspan, and from what I've read- Oomf! GYAaaah!" Dolelan shouts out, startled as the creature impacts him and carries him off his horse, then scrambles to get back to his feet and face the thing that attacked him

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Actions: Draw weapon (move), stand up (move), arcane strike on sword (swift)

I'm fine with you rolling initiative in the future.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon will make an AoO.
Charon will flourish her rapier up as the creature passes by.
AoO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Confirm: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 if crit:2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 6) + 6 = 15

Charon motions her mount with her knees over to fallen thing. (slide 5 SW) She'll lunge at the downed creature with rapier and dagger in hand.

Ride(guide with knees):1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Attack(rapier +1)1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage(sneak attack damage/prone):1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d6 ⇒ 2
Attack(dagger):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Attack(dagger confirm):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage:1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 if crit2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 2 = 6

Forgot init:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

GM Only:

--Initiative--
1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
3 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
4 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
5 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
6 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
7 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

--NPC Attacks--

AOO on Nera Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Bat 4 on Nera Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

--PC Attacks--
Charon AOO on Bat 5

--HP--
Bat 1 - 22/22
Bat 2 - 22/22
Bat 3 - 22/22
Bat 4 - 12/22
Bat 5 - 5/22
Bat 6 - 22/22
Bat 7 - 22/22

Initiative:
Nera - 27
Legiald - 23
Charon - 22
Dolelan - 16

Round 1

(Legiald, you forgot to post an action)

Nera, you rise lithely to your feet just as the large bat-like thing crouching over you tries to take a nibble, lunging at you with his jaws you duck beneath the attack, slide a few feet away and let him taste the bite of your scimitar.

Charon, as the creature flies on his way to the ground you manage in the confusion to clear your rapier from it's sheathe and swing it crossways, cutting into the leathery skin of the beast. Seizing the opportunity you press your horse forward with rapier and dagger in hand and swing sideways from the saddle, using the momentum to lash out with both. Using your rapier you spear through what you think is the creatures shoulder, whipping your dagger out across it's neck it seems to gurgle a bit before falling to the ground.

Dolelan, you hop to your feet, glancing around in the darkness for the creature that knocked you from your horse. As you do so you spot your packhorse on the ground it's whinnys now weak and barely audible as the sound of gnawing rises from the pile of animals. You spot your compatriots on the ground as their horses flee in terror, they get but 30 feet before one of them is taken to the ground by another of the bat-like creatures.

Round 2

Round 2 Map


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Stuff I forgot in round 1, apply to round 2 or w/e:

Knowledge rolls (Identify Creature) Any that might apply:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 (Arcana: Constructs, Dragons, Magical Beasts)
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 (Dungeoneering: Aberrations, Oozes)
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 (Planes: Outsiders)
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 (Religion: Undead)

Perception checks on the creatures/environment:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 (Nera)
1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1 (Walter)

OOC: Trying to toss up a red flag if these are weird bats or something. Weird enough most those knowledge checks are applicable for different standard bats. Except for Dungoneering that's just me being silly and cautious.

Round 2 Mechanics:

Actions:
----------------------------------------
[Move Action]
Move from H6 to D7
Acrobatics Check to Move through threatened square; DC=CMD: 1d6d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
----------------------------------------
[Standard Action]
Cast Color Spray (Covers squares C8,B8,A8,C9,C10,B9) DC 15 will save negates) [Creatures effected: Cr1, Cr2, Pack-Horse]

On a Failure depending on HD the creatures gain some if not all of the following conditions: Stunned , Blinded , Unconscious , Helpless. Links provided for ease of use.

Feel free to roll for the variable duration of effects for each creature as I'm not sure the HD plus it'll cut down on metagaming if we're not sure how long any will last. I'd appreciate tossing up what creatures visually seem to be effected either before next round or in between simply so Nera/Charon can prioritize which things to attack IC.

*Note: flying creatures effected might/should be subject to a DC 15 fly check each round they're subject to the stunned condition to hover. The blinded/Stunned conditions effect their fly skill check accordingly if so.
----------------------------------------

Nera quickly scans her environment her bright green eyes darting around wildly taking things in. A brief moment of zen washes over before she tumbles away from her foe with a graceful spin of a dancer. She then swiftly runs towards Dolelan's pack horse and the bats that have it double teamed passing Charon as she moves giving her a knowing glance over her shoulder.

@Charon DC 12 Sense motive:

Pulled the DC out of my butt. GM feel free to rule against this.
You notice Nera seems concerned with protecting the pack horse. Her fighting stance indicates an inclination to move to square C8.

When she gets close to the 3 creatures her left hand draws a fist full of sand colored yellow, blue, and red. Nera tosses it spraying it into the air around the 3 creatures it seems to linger as if stopped in time for an instant which is just long enough for her to trigger the arcane words of power and her left hand to finish a few complicated motions. Instantly the sand glows bright with a spectacularly bright and colorful then detonates with an ostentatious flash.

Enjoy the sneak attack Charon :] , dice willing of course.


Truncated so I post actions sooner than later. Apologies. Round 2 actions in the morning.

Round 1:
Drop bow, stand up and draw two handed sword, power attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 6) + 10 = 19


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Nera Turvian wrote:

They don't seem to be anything terribly strange, they're quite ferocious however and you know that it doesn't take a dragon to kill a human. A dire bear works just fine.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Legiald Galsaran wrote:

Truncated so I post actions sooner than later. Apologies. Round 2 actions in the morning.

Round 1:
Drop bow, stand up and draw two handed sword, power attack.

Attack: 1d20+7
Damage: 2d6+10

GM Only:
--NPC Attacks--

AOO on Legiald Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
AOO on Legiald Bite Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Attack on Legiald Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Attack on Legiald Bite Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

As you rise to your feet the leathery creature lurking above you takes advantage of your moment of weakness and lunges at you, latching onto your left shoulder and sinking in it's teeth before you shove him off. Spinning, using the momentum from standing up to whip around your sword you slash downward and feel your blade bite deep and from it's long gash several things seem to bulge from underneath. It staggers around a bit but it shakes it's head and lunges at you again, you bring up your arm in an attempt to fend it off and it latches onto your forearm. You take 13 damage.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon taking a quick look around after dispatching her foe. Seeing Legiald and the pack animal in trouble. Charon notices Nera's action and direction. Charon frown disapprovingly, hoping Nera knows what she is doing. Charon shouts to Nera, "I'll save this damn pack animal, I hope it doesn't cost us a sword arm." Charon guides her mount towards the Leathery creature(1) to square(c,8). Charon swings her rapier acrossed at it.

Sense Motive(Nera): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Ride(Fight with Warhorse): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Attack Roll(Rapier +1):1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Crit Confirm(Rapier +1):1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12(+4 if prone or blind/stunned let me know +'s)
Normal Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
If Crit: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Sneak Attack Damage:1d6 ⇒ 1


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Nera stumbles a moment cut off from her path of movement by Charon's swift riding. She calls out, "Oh loosing an arm would be dreadful!" not catching Charon's meaning. Her sword's arcane energy cracks licking the air. "...Errrr.....Walter says he doesn't mind you losing an arm or two he say's you don't need them much for or running or hiding."


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon smirks taking the comment as if more of a challenge. Charon rides past, "I'd be willing to bet some gold, I take out more of these things than you and Walter."


Dire Bat wrote:
It staggers around a bit but it shakes it's head and lunges at you again, you bring up your arm in an attempt to fend it off and it latches onto your forearm.

The chomp earns a grunt in pain. Legiald pushes back at the creature's bite, then stepping back. The sharp teeth leaves his arm bloodied, but he clutches the sword readily. Hearing Charon's shout, he bares his teeth at the bat. "Dolelan! I've got this one!" He pulls his sword around his side, preparing to strike. "Die by my hand!" An aura of energy spreads up his arm indivisibly, guiding his swing.

Divine Favor applied.
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Damage: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (6, 2) + 11 = 19


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

GM Only:
--NPC Attacks--
Bat 7 on Legiald Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Bat 7 on Legiald Bite Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Bat 4 on Nera Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Bat 1 on Charon Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Bat 1 on Charon Bite Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

--PC Attacks--
Legiald on Bat 7 Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Legiald on Bat 7 Bite Damage: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (5, 2) + 11 = 18

--Saves--
Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Duration: 1d4 ⇒ 2

--HP--
Bat 1 - 22/22
Bat 2 - 22/22
Bat 3 - 22/22
Bat 4 - 12/22
Bat 5 - Dead
Bat 6 - Dead
Bat 7 - Dead

--Initiative--
4 - 22
7 - 22
2 - 19
5 - 18
1 - 17
3 - 16
6 - 12

Initiative:
Nera - 27
Legiald - 23
Charon - 22
Dolelan - 16

Still Need Dolelan's Round 2 Actions

Nera nimbly jumps backwards, twisting as she rolls coming to her feet a few feet away from Charon, hopping forward she lets loose a blast of color and light from her outstretched hand, bathing the feeding bats in a ray of strobing colors. After the blast subsides one of the bats seems to be looking around in jerking, twisting head movements but the other seems to draw it's gaze upon you and move forward with bad intentions, that is until a Mounted Charon guides her horse between it and you. You take a second to catch your breath when you hear a lumbering behind you, the lumbering, slavering leathery creature is waddling towards you at a pretty good pace considering it's size. It lunges and snaps at you but you nimbly dodge beneath it's jaws and turn to face it.

Legiald grips his sword tightly with both hands, a shimmer runs the length of the sword as he comes down on the beast. The weight of the blow carries the sword through what appears to be the creature's shoulder, burying it halfway through it's midsection before planting a foot on it's chest and pulling out your sword. You look up and see one of the things start moving forward towards Nera you hear a whistling behind you as the bat that knocked Dolelan from his horse swoops in, teeth barred and takes a snap at you before attempting to once again soar into the darkness, you respond quickly however and in your reposite you manage to slice through the thin wing membrane and into it's torso, the momentum it built up still carries it a good distance past you before it crashes headfirst into the ground, sliding for a few feet before coming to a complete stop. I rolled your AOO to speed things up, used the same bonuses you did on that last attack. You take 7 damage but you kill it with your AOO.

Charon guides her horse to where it's between the bats and Nera, leaning over she thrusts her rapier at one of the Bats but it doesn't seem to have been caught off guard, it shakes it's head and looks up at you as you drive the rapier home, it manages to twist away at the last second and avoid you hitting it's heart but it still whines as you pull the blood coated tip of the rapier out. The Bat rears up to it's full height, almost as tall as the horse it lunges at you with it's mouth stretched wide and takes a snap at you, clipping you with it's large teeth. You take 8 damage and I'd ask you to roll a ride check to stay in saddle but you succeed on a 1

Round 3

Map


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Nera calls out to Charon as her horse rushes past her. "Walter want's to know how much!" She takes calls out a warning "Don't bother with the one on your right it'll be out of commission for a while! Leave it for later lest that one that has it's faculties naws off your arms....which would be unfortunate."

(She's not taking the offer unless she hears terms, also waiting for Dolelan as his actions could interfere/change Nera's.)


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3
Roshan wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Still Need Dolelan's Round 2 Actions

Nera nimbly jumps backwards, twisting as she rolls coming to her feet a few feet away from Charon, hopping forward she lets loose a blast of color and light from her outstretched hand, bathing the feeding bats in a ray of strobing colors. After the blast subsides one of the bats seems to be looking around in jerking, twisting head movements but the other seems to draw it's gaze upon you and move forward with bad intentions, that is until a Mounted Charon guides her horse between it and you. You take a second to catch your breath when you hear a lumbering behind you, the lumbering, slavering leathery creature is waddling towards you at a pretty good pace considering it's size. It lunges and snaps at you but you nimbly dodge beneath it's jaws and turn to face it.

Legiald grips his sword tightly with both hands, a shimmer runs the length of the sword as he comes down on the beast. The weight of the blow carries the sword through what appears to be the creature's shoulder, burying it halfway through it's midsection before planting a foot on it's chest and pulling out your sword. You look up and see one of the things start moving forward towards Nera you hear a whistling...

@roshan: Creature 1, should have taken 9 from my attack or 10 if horse counted as a flank. I'll post up round 3 actions after dinner.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Charon Warblade wrote:


@roshan: Creature 1, should have taken 9 from my attack or 10 if horse counted as a flank. I'll post up round 3 actions after dinner.

It did, the horse isn't threatening, it's prone and isn't really in a fighting mood. Btw, did you peek at the spoiler that says "GM Only?", I'd rather you guys didn't do that. I thought that making the rolls with the same dice roller as you guys seemed fair but if you guys are going to peek behind the screen I'll just roll them in person.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

@roshan Sorry my bad. I didn't really think about it to be honest. First time playing on forums so little shaky on rules sometimes. Also, did I ever mention I like clicking buttons?
Round 3:
Charon says back to Nera,"Any good bet is always 25 gold. Or at least a bet worth making. Besides you have me two to one, out matched by numbers and obviously with Walters' skill." Charon grimaces at the bite. Charon will guide horse to (B,7). With a deathly glare, she'll strike at the creature with a quick slash low from her rapier and send in the dagger with a quick upwards strike.


Ride Check(guide with knees):1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Attack(rapier +1):1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
if crit:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Attack(dagger):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage:1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


I hope Dolelan did not intend to run to help the southern horse, or it will change what Legiald does.

Breathing heavily, Legiald lets his sword drop onto his right shoulder. He hunches over a little to prop himself up with his left hand on his knee. He stares a moment toward Charon and Nera, then glances back to the creature upon his horse. "Don't let them surround you!" With that, he stands upright facing to the south, sheathing his sword onto his back. Flicking his hands forward and coalescing them together as though stroking one's back, he speaks softly and quietly. "Ease now, no need to eat a horse."

Charm Animal cast on baddie #3 (whom is not being threatened?). Will save DC 12.


Elven Archivist 5

Getting his bearings on the battlefield, Dolelan dredges his memories for combat tactics against dire bats, and offers his companions various shouted insights "Beware the wings; they have hooks on the end that can gut a man! Their bones break easily, aim your strikes for the middle of the bones!"

Round 2
Standard: Begin naturalist performance (+1 to AC/attacks/saves vs Dire Bats for allies within 30')
Move: to C10
Swift: arcane strike

Round 3
Standard: Attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Critical threat!1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 221d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 (+2 to hit if Charon delays her movement to allow flanking)
Free: Maintain bardic performance
Swift: arcane strike


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

GM Only:
--NPC Attacks--
Bat 4 on Nera Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Bat 4 on Nera Bite Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

--Saves--
Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 If you're peeking at this, and btw, you really shouldn't I rolled a 1 on this save. But i'm doing the initiatives in order so I rolled the will save before I rolled 4's attack. vs Nera, it switched the order on the dice and the 1 went to an 11.

--HP--
Bat 1 - Dead
Bat 2 - 11/22
Bat 3 - 22/22
Bat 4 - 12/22
Bat 5 - Dead
Bat 6 - Dead
Bat 7 - Dead

--Initiative--
4 - 22
2 - 19
1 - 17
3 - 16

Initiative:
Nera - 27
Legiald - 23
Charon - 22
Dolelan - 16

(Heh, it's always one right, Nera, need combat actions from you)

Legiald, you turn your attention towards the bat off a ways trying to wrestle the bolting horse to the ground. You speak loud enough for your voice to be heard and put a little magical oomph behind it. The Bat stops wrestling with the horse, rises to it's feet and cocks it's head to the left curiously, staring at you with those big round eyes.

Charon, you lean forward with your rapier and stab true this time, the blade slides into the Bat's chest cavity, though you feel a little resistance as it glides along the bone. You hear a weak screech echo from it's widely stretched mouth but otherwise it simply crumples to the ground in a heap beside the horse. The horse you see now that your vision of it is unobstructed is quite badly hurt, bleeding from numerous bites and lesions. It weakly attempts to right itself but it doesn't seem to have the strength.

Dolelan, bounding forward on the balls of your feet, trying to draw breaths between your informative dialogue on the weaknesses and hunting habits of the Dire Bats native to the Vassa Plains. Hurrying forward you make quick work with your blade, pausing for a moment to remember where the vital organs are and you stab with all your might. Hearing the squelch of metal parting bone you quickly withdraw your rapier, expecting the creature to turn and retaliate but it looks confused. It whirls around to look at you with large unfocused, dilated eyes.

Round 4

Map


Legiald smirks back at the stare of the charmed bat. Hunching down to the ground, he picks up his bow. "You hang tight, buddy." The bat wouldn't understand, but perhaps in its confusion it would buy him enough time to direct his attention to the others still fighting. Drawing an arrow, he turns and raises the bow toward the melee. Taking a moment in a rigid stand, he first aims toward the bat behind Nera, but then adjusts to loose the shot toward the slower moving one (if its still alive).

Attack vs Dire Bat 2: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 4 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Elven Archivist 5

Dolelan is initially puzzled by the bat's reaction, then remembers the burst of strange lights that came from Nera's hands. Taking advantage of the beast's condition, Dolelan stabs at it again.

Standard: Attack vs #2 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 191d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Move: move to F7 if the bat drops unconscious
Swift: arcane strike

Spellcraft (DC16) to identify Nera's spell: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

EDIT: I forgot that I got a spellcraft check to recognize Nera's spell, adjusted post accordingly.

351 to 400 of 1,081 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chapter 1: Just Beneath the Surface All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.