Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Call of the Wardens (Inactive)

Game Master Roshan

Reemergence of the Fabled Wardens


151 to 200 of 1,081 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Sorcerer 4th (Accursed bloodline)

Lugdro lays quietly, congealing.


"What happened to-?" he stammers. Suspiciously watching the creature that had just swiped at him now laying at the ground, he moves closer to it. Grabbing the sunrod at the ground next to Lugdro, he spends a rapid moment looking him over, then back to the nearby creature. With the rod in hand, he prods the creature with it, still holding on to the greatsword. "Lugdro is stable..."

actions!
free: 5-foot step to O4,
free: observe Lugdro's stable condition,
move: pick up sunrod,
standard: 'touch attack' the creature Xii with the sunrod

GM OOC:
Xii is down (or playing dead or something), right? And if I'm not mistaken, nobody hit him to make him go down, hence this ... potentially silly action. I just missed the part where it actually fell to the ground, so I'm kind of confused, especially given that it made an AoO against Legiald. If Xii is actually up (incorrectly marked on the map), assume that he instead makes a normal greatsword attack against it, roll that for me?


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

@Legiald:
I'm pretty sure Nera dropped it the AoO simply being a mistake rather than the thing playing dead or proof that their initiative is hidden to us and they act between our turn still the AoO was weird.

She's also emitting a Ioun Torch so you can see her and everything as if it was in bright light 20-feet from her and another 40-ft for dim light. On top of the sunrod Lugdro pulled out.


Ah-hah. Although it isn't getting Lugdro up yet, I'll keep the actions stated as they are. They seem to react more to light than being afraid of it, so perhaps this action isn't such a bad idea anyway. Instead of being suspicious of it playing dead, assume Legiald is guessing at a potential big weakness. If the test results are positive, he'll exclaim them right away.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

End of round 6

GM:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Charon, you lunge in, flicking the tips of your rapiers, clipping the creature in several areas you think are vital. You see the creature drop to the ground, thick black ichor pooling on the ground and dripping from the rapiers.

No attacks on Charon

Dolelan, the creature falls in front of you. You glance around, looking for the creature some voice called out was still there. Glancing up you see a huge creature, not huge in height but rather in bulk. It sits perched atop the corner of the far building. Scanning for your bow you see it on the ground where you left it. You're going to have to move action to move to the bow and move action to grab it.

No attacks on Dolelan

Nera, you expand your thoughts, visualizing a hammer you drop it on the shadow creature. You see it start shaking and it shakes what appears to be it's head, trying to clear something.

No attacks on Nera

Lugdro, you're still congealing.

No attacks on Lugdro

Legiald, you step back and pick up the glowstick. If you didn't check the last image Xii is dead and charon felled the one she was fighting. The last two standing are the massive one on the building and the one in the webbing.

No attacks on Legiald

---Round 7---


Letting the greatsword down, Legiald draws another scroll. Holding the sunrod to the side as he again repeats the words, the magic fades from the scroll as its light surrounds his hand. Letting the parchment drift away, he quickly reaches down and pats Lugdro on the shoulder. "This should do it, I hope."

actions
free: drop greatsword
movement: draw scroll
action: cast cure light wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
free: touch Lugdro, healing him


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon mutters, "Weak casters....." Charon moves to up along column 5, to A,5. She waits in a defensive position.

Charon shouts, "Either shoot that thing down or shine some light on it. I'm not climbing up to get myself killed, while we tend to a weak half-orc wizard. We need to end this thing and keep moving. We don't need any more of these things to pop up."


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

I'll assume that you missed the part where Nera moves to L4 last round.

Round 7:

Mechanics:

uses spell combat to cast arcane mark.
5-foot steps to L5.
Attack creature (xiii) [who should still be grappled if daze effected it] with a regular attack and arcane mark through spell-strike.

Attack (Xiii): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
If crit Confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
If confirm additional damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Attack [Arcane Mark] (Xiii): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
If crit Confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
If confirm additional damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Nera moves in for the kill as the creature struggles against her dazing spell and the webbing that binds it. She casts arcane mark into her blade as it glows with both her own power and Walters she continues her dance stepping forward and slashing at the bound dazed creature any wounds forming Draconic runes.


Male Human Sorcerer 4th (Accursed bloodline)

The warmth of the healing spell manages to chip away through the chill haze of unconciousness and Lugdro opens his eyes to see the rough cobbles he's laying on. Hearing action still buzzing about, he lurches roughly to his feet. Casting a sincere glance at the ranger, he says with an unsteady voice "My sincere thanks, Legiald."

Pausing half a second to get breath back in his lungs, he bends and picks his wand back up.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Nera Turvian wrote:
I'll assume that you missed the part where Nera moves to L4 last round.

Sorry, could have sworn I did, I had moved everyone to their spots and then closed the program without posting the map, it could have been that it didn't save when I moved you which is strange because it moved everyone else who moved.

In any case: revised round 7 map


Elven Archivist 5

Arrow nocked and ready, Dolelan murmurs a spell as he prepares to loose a shot at the shadow atop the building. As he does so, the light fades from his rapier and bursts anew from the arrow.

Crunch:
Standard action = Cast light on arrow
Move = recover bow
Free action = maintain naturalist performance (5th round)
Swift action= Arcane Strike on bow

Current modifiers
+3BAB, +2STR, +1 Masterwork, +2 morale, +1 insight= +9 to hit
+7 (armor), +3 (shield), +2 (dex), +1 (insight)= 23

Heroism: +2 morale bonus to hit, skill checks, saves
Naturalist: +1 insight bonus to AC, hit, saves vs. the shadows
Arcane Strike: +1 enhancement bonus to damage

I forgot that I would have to retrieve the bow. Given that, can we say that I took a moment to properly sheathe the sword instead of dropping it, then moved to the bow? This round my actions will be picking up the bow and casting light on an arrow.


Is Legiald's bow @ N6? If that is the case, 5-foot move to O5 at the end of this turn.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Map

GM:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Dolelan, you sheathe your sword and retrive your bow, drawing an arrow from your quiver and it blossoms to light. Notching it you begin to draw a bead on the rooftop shadow.

Nera, working to dispatch the last of them you step in, your scimitar flashing in the night at it slices at the creature that continues to struggle in the web. Your flurry of attacks, though sloppy manage to cut through the creature, it's blackness slipping off your blade like Teflon.

Legiald, you drop your sword, grabbing a scroll from your pack dropping to a knee you place your hand on Lugdro's forehead and read the words from the scroll. As you do the words begin glowing and float off the page, hovering just above Lugdro before fading and disappearing.

Lugdro, you regain consciousness with the light of your sunrod shining into your eyes. Blinking away the fatigue you glance up and see the final blow as Nera cuts down another of the shadow beasts. You look around however and see everyone is still tense. Following their gaze you see a creature perched upon the corner of the building, it's shadowy tentacles that spill from it's body slithering menacingly.

Charon, you move up the street, taking up a defensive position.

---Round 8---


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Maps a bit weird is Xiii still alive is Lugdro conscious? I'll assume Legiald got to 5-foot-step to O5. Depending on if Xiii is down and if Legialds bow is still in the web I might spend a standard action dismissing it.

If Legi holds his turn till after mine he can 5-foot-step to the bow, use a move action to pick it up, and a standard to attack with it.

Assuming the above is true and Xvi doesn't act before Nera..

Round 8:

Mechanics:

Dismiss the web spell (Standard)
Move to F4 (Move)
Talk (Free)

Nera dismisses her web with a snap of her fingers and moves gracefully to F4. She then calls out to the remaining shadow beast on the rooftop, "Errmm mister shadow monster...we've defeated you companions.... I'd like to move on....so if you're not interested...please stop following us... it worries me....though Walter is very eager to dance with you if you'd like to come down of your perch." Neras blade cracks with arcane power as if to punctuate the last statement.

Feel free to roll a diplomacy check for Nera if the thing can understand common or for humors sake.

Tactic wise if the beast comes down to attack us Charon should probably hold her turn till after Dolelan or Nera so she can get flanking for sneak attack next round. She could also simply hold her turn till the beast comes down and then move into position for an attack this round too.


Elven Archivist 5

Dolelan looses his glowing arrow at the creature on the roof and nocks another, waiting to see what happens.

Crunch:
Standard action = fire on Xvi
Free = 5' step to H5 for better line of sight
Free action = maintain naturalist performance (6th round)
Swift action= Arcane Strike on bow

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 to hit, 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 damage

Current modifiers
+3BAB, +2DEX, +1 Masterwork, +2 morale, +1 insight= +9 to hit
+7 (armor), +3 (shield), +2 (dex), +1 (insight)= 23 AC
+2 (STR), +1 (enhancement) = +3 damage

Heroism: +2 morale bonus to hit, skill checks, saves
Naturalist: +1 insight bonus to AC, hit, saves vs. the shadows
Arcane Strike: +1 enhancement bonus to damage


Under the same assumptions Nera made.

"Here, keep an eye out for me."

Legiald hands the sunrod back to Lugdro. Stepping back over the creature beneath him, he looks to the web. Nera's glance toward him and the bow earns a nod of understanding. He waits a moment for it to vanish at her command. Quickly sweeping up his longbow, drawing an arrow at the same time, Legiald takes quick aim at the remaining creature and fires.

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

actions
delay to act after Nera if necessary
free: give Lugdro the sunrod
free: 5-foot step to N6
move: pick up longbow
action: ranged attack @ Xvi


Male Human Sorcerer 4th (Accursed bloodline)

Lugdro whispers "Let it fall, I need my hands." He quietly reaches back into his backpack again and pulls out his scroll of Glitterdust. If the creature appears to attack (leaping or swooping at one of the party members) he will cast Glitterdust centered on the creature.

Retrieving scroll: Move action
Ready to cast spell:Standard action


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon delays behind the creature. If it drops she will attack. If not sits defensively watching.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Nera Turvian wrote:
"Errmm mister shadow monster...we've defeated you companions.... I'd like to move on....so if you're not interested...please stop following us... it worries me....though Walter is very eager to dance with you if you'd like to come down of your perch."

As you shoot your arrows and prepare to close on the final remaining beast atop the buildings a sound echos through the air like rolling thunder. A harsh, half bark, half snarl in a language most of you probably don't quite understand though the sentence carries enough menace to drown a cat.

Abyssal:
"Hello there, my name is Sir Walter Thomas. I am terribly sorry to have inconvenienced you this fine day but you see my pups were quite famished after laying dormant for so long. It is understandable if you wish to seek grievance and I await all Challenges at my residence within Jackal’s Folly."

The creature looks into the distance after it ceases to address you. Following it's gaze you see the telltale glow of daybreak peeking on the horizon, after returning it's gaze to the street for a moment it sounds like it barks, it then leaps from the rooftop away from you. Holding your breath for a second waiting for more of the beasts you hear that the streets seems to have quieted down.


Legiald mutters as he draws another arrow, watching it leave. "Merry Christmas* to you too."

a moment later...

"These wounds will take a couple days to heal without magic at best..."

*'Good morning'


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

OCC chatter (To those that are wounded):
Nera's got infernal healing and I can use it 5 times today if I burn all my Acrane Pool recalling the spell after each casting. So to those of you that are wounded if you don't want to waste precious resources (i.e. things that cost money) I can heal a total of 50hp between all of you.

I'd like to avoid burning through all my arcane pool and spells if we still might face some opposition or if we're not getting any downtime to recoup. So if we get to a safe location and have a bit of time to rest Nera will patch everyone up.

Nera pauses after hearing the beasts garbled speech confused she waits in silence as the beast leaves. Her blade starts to dull losing some of it's power as a quiet creeps through the street.

"Huh....errrr.... I totally didn't think that would work" nera says unsure of herself a bit flabbergasted.

She turns and picks up her bow and retrieves the arrow out of the shadow beast she shot that's lying dead on the ground. She begins to mark a few of the dead shadow beasts with arcane mark and casts detect magic to scan the area.

Nera then proclaims to the group "Well that was........fun" cheerfully. "Anybody up for finding that headsman and collecting.....our bounty" she says while pointing to the bodies of the shadow beasts.

".......oh and find out the purpose by hind our lovely new tattoos" almost forgetting.

Noticing both Legiald and Lugdro are still badly wounded Nera says "...here let me help with your wounds" She casts Infernal Healing on both of them using Spell recall to re-cast the spell for the second time. (Gives fast healing 1 for 10 rounds for 10hp)


Male Human Sorcerer 4th (Accursed bloodline)

Lugdro accepts the healing with a wan smile. "I thank you, Nera. And you, as well, Legiald. Could anyone tell what that beast was coughing about? I mean, it sounded like an attempt at communication of some stripe."

He stows his scroll back in his backpack, pulls out his dagger and starts helping Nera.


Elven Archivist 5

Dolelan examines the wound on his leg and decides that it will be OK to walk on until he can have a healer look at it, then casts a quick spell to mend his garment where the bite tore it.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 linguistics check

I think that was Abyssal. It's been quite a while since I studied that language... it sounded like it said something about Walter, and being hungry, and a lair at Jackal's Folly. I think I've heard of these things before, there's an old story about shadow monsters and a necromancer from across the seas- I'll tell you all about it later, right now we need to see what's happening in the rest of town!

Healing Chatter:
Dolelan has two scrolls of cure light wounds that he wouldn't mind using for anyone grievously injured, just chime in if you feel like you need it.

Once everyone's back on their feet, Dolelan will hurry toward where he was going before we were waylaid.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Dolelan Callennan wrote:

Once everyone's back on their feet, Dolelan will hurry toward where he was going before we were waylaid.

1d20+8 linguistics check

After picking yourselves up and dusting yourselves off the sun is just beginning to rise. As you pack up and begin heading out you see the sun touch the pools of dark ichor and a furious sizzling and popping quickly burns away the darkness leaving bodies of various wildlife, mostly what appear to be wolves and wild dogs.

btw, Linguistics can't be used as an on the fly translation. It lets you cross-reference and decipher texts in other languages but unless you have the language (or have a spell) you can't speak it. With your check you'll be able to memorize a good bit of it and write it down later phonetically. Which you'll then be able to decipher and discern it's true meaning.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon states, "We should collect our money and gear, to move on Legiald. We should pay this Walter a visit, I have a feeling it could be worth our wild or at least to clear up loose ends. I won't leave an enemy behind me.


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Nera nods at Charon.

Nera looks at her blade, "Shhh no their not talking about you" she says faintly under her breath.

Nera will continue traveling with the rest of her new companions her blade slung over her shoulder.

She'll travel along towards where they heard fighting earlier trying to find anyone who can point her in the direction of the towns "headsman". After she'll return to the tavern she was at previously in hopes to find out what happened to her and the rest of her new compatriots after they lost consciousness. (unless the rest of the party finds something more interesting to do or things happen between then)


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Heading for what you know is the town's square you're greeted by sights that become more and more grizzl. Many of the young men and women who you saw that very afternoon lay strewn about like a twisted child's toys. Along with the humanoid bodies are corpses of the shadow creatures all facing the same direction, towards the square. Finally coming upon the square itself you see a huge bonfire made of what appear to be wooden doors, beams and other random oddities. You see men and women tending to a number of wounded strewn about on the ground, though the number of wounded pales in comparison to the number of sheets draped over bodies lined up in the western square under the belltower. Heading for the mayors office you find it to be empty despite calling and knocking.

Sorry about the delay, holidays and such. Should start picking up again after newyears.


voluntary fortitude:
on sight of numerous mauled people, DC 10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

"So many dead... by an organised attack. It doesn't look like they were eaten. Just killed."

He holds a hand to his mouth and nose as if to ward the smell. Despite having his own blood caked on his self, he steps deliberately to avoid the blood on the streets until it is unavoidable. As they pass the square, Legiald slows to look and asks one of the healthy men a question.

"Who made this bonfire?"


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

At Legiald's comment, "You'd be best, to get over your weak stomach. You came close to being a corpse yourself. It's kill or be killed. That simple. We're here for our money and to gather what we need. Next, to kill that thing that attacked us. Don't get weak and sappy on me. I find it startling that I have more confidence in Nera than you. She doesn't seem to be crying over this. "

Upon coming up to the mayor's building and seeing no response from with-in. Charon states, "I'll be damned if the mayor gets out of his debit that he owes me....err us. That damn coward." Charon disappears from group and sight of those around her.
Stealthly: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

Charon slips around the back of the mayors building and checks for a window or door. (ooc: If there is a back door or window Charon will look for traps and disable a trap if she finds it. If there is no back window or door she will do same to the front door)

Check for Traps: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Disable Traps/Lock: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32


Eyeing Charon, Legiald's frown deepens. Then removing his hand from his face, he speaks clearly. "I admit this wasn't a sight prepared for. But you could also admit that wolves who live that way don't overrun city guards ... on their own, and these folk had little reason to be prepared for this. On top of it, we've been marked, Charon, and I've got a feeling that we can only trust each other to watch our backs until that necromancer is taken care of." Looking to Nera, he idly rubs his chest plate over the mark. "Not that I'm complaining. If someone has to die before me in order to live, you won't find me hesitating. When you're done questioning my abilities, let me know." he continues with a glance back to Charon.


Elven Archivist 5

Well, I don't suppose he'd be a very good mayor if he was in his office at a time like this...

Hearing Charon's callous comments Dolelan adds Perhaps you heard a different rumor than I did, but I was under the impression that the bag of gold was for whomever dealt with the threat the Shadows pose to the town. What we fought was merely a skirmish, I doubt that anything we did will stop the beasts from returning tomorrow night. And not all of us came here for money!

So saying, he'd go looking for wherever triage is being performed or the wounded are being gathered, and volunteer his healing scrolls to stabilize those who are at death's door. He doesn't pay any attention to her as she sneaks away.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Healing from scrolls of cure light wounds


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Before Charon disappears she responds to the comments.

Charon smirks, then states to Legiald ,"Not your ability just your stomach, Legiald. Things may get messy."

To Dolelan, Charon states quickly, "I care nothing for money. Nor do I care if the beasts come back tomorrow night and murders everyone in this god-forsaken town. But the mayor may have answers to our questions or set up this elaborate ruse. Either way, I intend to find out. I also intend to be paid for a job completed. You can risk your life for some sense of right or wrong. I'll take your share, if your feeling to high and mighty to take it. Or you can donate it to rebuilding the town. Either way I don't care. Just keep in mind the people here are just as likely to slide a dagger in your back, as they are to help you."

After she slips off.


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Nera pauses at the mayors office leaning against the wall eyeing the bodies being burnt with a tinge of sadness in her eyes. "Ehhh I'm not sure how the bounty was posted....." she pauses looking at her blade "...but if it's pay per slay we'd like like collect."

"Not that I'm greedy or anything" she says glancing around... "The gold can be put towards many useful things.....and then I could help people...better".

Upon noticing Charon diddling with the mayors door... "I'm not sure I wish to break and enter, so if you're set on it I'll keep watch."... she looks at her sword "Just try not to walk out with anything that isn't yours.... last thing we need it to cause issues with our potential employer."

She turns to continues to Charon "and ummm .... if you find anything interesting please let me know miss Charon"

"We should probably ask around about this "Jackal's Folly"". She then looks a little embarrassed ".... unfortunately talking to strangers isn't really my strong suite"

OOC chatter:
People without abysmal diplomacy checks or knoweledge local/geography might do well to make some rolls later on. Once the party returns to the tavern Nera will burn up her spells healing most of you back to full provided we intend to stay there (I spent a gold piece for a room I'll be damned if I'm not getting my moneys worth)


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Legiald Galsaran wrote:
"Who made this bonfire?"

One of the people who was kneeling over a wounded man stands up and drags his arm across his brow trying to get the sweat out of his eyes but in the process smearing his forehead with clotted blood. "One of them Mages managed to throw out some wytchfire and set some wagons ablaze afore he was taken himself, the rest of us threw whatever else we could onto the thing to keep it burnin, it kept them at bay for awhile but dey were a persistent bunch..." He turns to gaze over the square which loos more like a battlefield at this point and returns to his work.

Charon Warblade wrote:
Charon slips around the back of the mayors building and checks for a window or door.

There's a simple window there and upon checking for traps you discover that it's unlocked. The window looks into what looks like an office, as the sun rises over your shoulder light slowly fills the room and it looks like theres a pool of something dark just under the door that looks to lead towards the front of the building.

Dolelan Callennan wrote:
1d8+1;1d8+1 Healing from scrolls of cure light wounds

Your aid is wearily welcomed by those tending the wounded. It seems that most of them have little to no formal training/knowledge and are simply bandaging wounds and giving the wounded water.

Nera Turvian wrote:

Charon went around back, I can totally see you still having this conversation with yourself though.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon opens the window and hops in. Seeing what she can find.
Perception:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5
Roshan wrote:
Nera Turvian wrote:
Charon went around back, I can totally see you still having this conversation with yourself though.

Ah I'm just assuming since average time delay in posting allows quasi loose form of interacting IC during RP, as evidenced by Charon Slipping away disapearing from the group on 'Friday's' post then Dolelan's conversing with her on 'Saturday' in a fashion that didn't require him talking to himself nor perception checks on Charon's.

So I'm operating on the assumption that idle RP doesn't need to adhere strictly to chronology of our posts, but will keep it in mind if that's the case.

So yeah, my bad if we're playing in a ridged fashion and feel free to retcon that.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Nera Turvian wrote:
Roshan wrote:
Nera Turvian wrote:
Charon went around back, I can totally see you still having this conversation with yourself though.

Ah I'm just assuming since average time delay in posting allows quasi loose form of interacting IC during RP, as evidenced by Charon Slipping away disapearing from the group on 'Friday's' post then Dolelan's conversing with her on 'Saturday' in a fashion that didn't require him talking to himself nor perception checks on Charon's.

So I'm operating on the assumption that idle RP doesn't need to adhere strictly to chronology of our posts, but will keep it in mind if that's the case.

So yeah, my bad if we're playing in a ridged fashion and feel free to retcon that.

Oh no, you can change your actions if you want to, just making a comment on your character's personality, the quirky awkward well-meaning person.


Male Human Sorcerer 4th (Accursed bloodline)

Lugdro smiles at Nera's ramble, and the charming grin splits his otherwise ugly face. "Talking to strangers may not be your strongest suite, but you're quite advanced at talking in their proximity. I agree with you, though. If we are able to obtain any reward for our risk, we should certainly take it... it can be put to good use in supplies."

He watches Charon disappear into the building with a baleful look and shakes his head quietly. If there are more animals to dispose of, he will help hauling them about, anything to clean up the street some/


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Charon Warblade wrote:

Charon opens the window and hops in. Seeing what she can find.

Perception:1d20 + 4

Okay strange, I could have sworn I posted a reply to this ages ago, did it a spoiler but now double checking it's not here. Must have previewed it and not actually hit sumbit. Sorry Charon.

Charon:
You slowly lift up the window and slide inside lithely. Most of the room seems more or less together, there's a chair behind the desk that's tucked in neatly, the small potted plant in the corner of the room seems to be watered regularly, a few papers in a tray on the desk. Nothing really screams out at you except for the spreading dark liquid which you realize is drying blood, it looks to be leaking though from the other side.

Lugdro wrote:
If there are more animals to dispose of, he will help hauling them about, anything to clean up the street some

It looks like people are caring more about the wounded at this point but several well minded people are indeed collecting the bodies of the dead beasts and piling them up for a pyre.

Roshan wrote:
Legiald Galsaran wrote:
"Who made this bonfire?"

Oh, sorry, AND you manage to prevent yesterdays lunch from making a comeback.


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

@Roshan: Ah, ok then.

Nera looks a little disheartened as Charon seemingly dismisses her words of caution as she leaves mid sentence....

She is then a little put off by Lugdro's smile. "Ummm well I have ummm... help... she glances at her sword for a quick moment "err and new people...well they don't scare me....they just make me very very nervous." she then pauses "...and you guys are sorta.... the least new people..... I know here" she trails off before retreating to the front of the mayors house where she sits down trying to stay upwind of the burning bodies as she pulls the hood of her violet cloak over her head obscuring her eyes in an attempt to hide both from the gruesome mountain of dead bodies and the multitude of people milling about.

Nera begins to munch furiously on trail mix like a frantic squirrel as she peeks her head up from under her cloak every once in a while nervously keeping an eye out for anyone who might approach as Charon continues to muddle about inside the Mayors house.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3
Roshan wrote:
Charon Warblade wrote:

Charon opens the window and hops in. Seeing what she can find.

Perception:1d20 + 4

Okay strange, I could have sworn I posted a reply to this ages ago, did it a spoiler but now double checking it's not here. Must have previewed it and not actually hit sumbit. Sorry Charon.

** spoiler omitted **

Lugdro wrote:
If there are more animals to dispose of, he will help hauling them about, anything to clean up the street some

It looks like people are caring more about the wounded at this point but several well minded people are indeed collecting the bodies of the dead beasts and piling them up for a pyre.

Roshan wrote:
Legiald Galsaran wrote:
"Who made this bonfire?"
Oh, sorry, AND you manage to prevent yesterdays lunch from making a comeback.

Charon moves to inspect the drying blood.

After a few moments, Charon draws her magical blade and readies a strike as she opens the door.


@Roshan: Provided room is empty with out foes, Charon will search it and the corpse/s. If room has a foe she will strike at it.

@Nera: Charon makes a quick nod of acknowledgement, before she disappears.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Damage(take first die roll if not crit): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Nera munches on her trail mix oblivious to the ominous bloody mess inside the mayors house or what unknown horrors lie in wait for Charon.

She takes a bite.

Ohhhh a raisin! she thinks to herself with an inappropriate measure of glee.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Charon Warblade wrote:

After a few moments, Charon draws her magical blade and readies a strike as she opens the door.

@Roshan: Provided room is empty with out foes, Charon will search it and the corpse/s. If room has a foe she will strike at it.

Charon:
Pulling the door outward you spread some of the drying blood around, just behind the door you see a patch of darkness in the corner that seems to be....rippling, fenced in by several beams of light shining from shuttered windows to the north and east, a few feet from the shadowed corner is what appears to be the source of the blood, in a very large pool dotted with chunks of chunks of meat lay the corpse of a man, from the waist up he seems to be fine save the look of intense fear frozen on his face. From the waist down however it looks as if something spread open his rib cage and started carving out chunks from him.

Taking in all of this in but a moment you quickly skirt the blood and drive the point of your rapier into what you hope is the creature's vitals. Hearing a piercing cry and gurgle you see a body begin to coalesce around your blade as the black ichor pools onto the floor, sizzling when it touches the beams of light.

Dolelan, you are treating the severely wounded. Lugdro, you are aiding the villagers in piling the corpses for pyre. Legiald, you are finishing conversing with the guy. You'll still hear this but you're a bit further off than Nera who's eating her trail mix just outside.

@Everyone You hear the distinct cry of a shadow beast from the night before coming from what you know to be the Mayor's Office.


Elven Archivist 5

"That's it sweetie, just a little bit more. Did you ever hear the story about the fisherman and the golem? Well, once upon a time...

In the middle of inexpertly cleaning and wrapping a wounded girl's arm, the warbling shriek of one of the shadow beasts rolls across the town square. "Excuse me darling, but I think someone else needs my help right now."

Dolelan takes off at a sprint back toward the mayor's office, desperately hoping that Charon hasn't done something stupid.


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Nera perks up from her delicious trail mix in surprise not wanting to break down the mayors front door or check if it's even locked she rushes through the window moves to find the disturbance her scimitar in hand deactivated ioun torch in the other.

Dolelan and any that follow should see Nera leaping through the back window like a crazy lady as they approach.

What does she see?


Male Human Sorcerer 4th (Accursed bloodline)

Lugdro drops the animal corpse he's been pulling over when the cry splits the relative quiet. As he runs toward the mayor's office, dropping in behind Dolelan, he draws his morningstar and bemusedly hopes that Charon has done something stupid.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Nera hops in through the back window, Lugdro and Dolelan, are you guys going through the front door?


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon, hearing the ear peircing cry, grimaces knowing the unwanted attention it could attract. Charon mutters to herself, "I should of made things quieter." She moves quickly to search body and room.

Charon looks in the room for anything that could be valuable, as well as, anything with Jackles folly or Walter on it as well.
Charon will search the remains of mayor thinking there is a reason behind why he was killed. Then she'll move to room itself. As long as, there is no one in room she'll quickly toss stuff in her haversack. If someone enters or starts at door she will sleight of hand it.
Perception(noise in back room):1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Perception(body): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Perception(room): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Sleight of hand: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Charon Warblade wrote:
Charon, hearing the ear peircing cry, grimaces knowing the unwanted attention it could attract. Charon mutters to herself, "I should of made things quieter." She moves quickly to search body and room.

Charon:

Quickly digging through his coat pockets you find several things.

1. A leather envelope (not sure envelope is the right word, think something like a bank bag with a small string and a nub to wrap it around and tie it closed)

2. A pouch about the size of your hand that's jingling.

3. A number of personal affects (i.e Handkerchief, pocket watch, little mementos, things like that)

the room itself seems to hold nothing of great interest, it seems that there's a smaller desk in the corner and several sparser decorations.


Waiting for Charon, Legiald twists toward the office at the sound of the creature.

"Here we go again."

Following behind Lugdro, he waits again near the door for further sign of trouble.

151 to 200 of 1,081 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chapter 1: Just Beneath the Surface All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.