Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Call of the Wardens (Inactive)

Game Master Roshan

Reemergence of the Fabled Wardens


1,051 to 1,081 of 1,081 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Human Sorc 1 | HP 6/6 | 12/12/10 | F+0 R+2 W+3 | Per +7 Init +2 | Spells: 1st 4/4

"Burning the stones of that church will be difficult. Hopefully, these parishioners will prove to be allies, not enemies."


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

So tell me, what are you doing. Concise description of what the group is doing so we can move on.


The problem is that we have one contingent wanting to burn it down and the other wanting to get to the bottom of the puzzle. Then me and Rikka are just ready to move on -- regardless of what happens to the church. I'm fine letting Dolelain finish his investigation, but it's not something Alenthyn is particularly interested (or suited) to do. So if there was a way to let Dolelain do his thing quickly and efficiently, that'd be great. There's just not much Alenthyn can contribute there.

My vote is we let Dolelain do hsi thing, then we move on peacefully, unless he uncovers something that indicates that we need to destroy this place... which so far I have't seen.

I dont want to drag this out. I don't wnat to short-sheet Dolelains' fun, either.


Slayer/5; AC: 20; HP: 39/39; F: +4, R: +9, W:+1; Init: +6; Perc: +10

I agree. That is what I suggested. Dolelan goes in and does his thing. I will certainly watch his back while he does so. Then we move on. Preferrably, I would like to burn it down. I do not condone leaving enemies at my back, and undeaqd are certainly enemies.


Human Sorc 1 | HP 6/6 | 12/12/10 | F+0 R+2 W+3 | Per +7 Init +2 | Spells: 1st 4/4

I think Dolelan had opted to go with diplomacy first and hope that works. So... Dolelan with Rikka as guard and Ariella as backup approach the church, stay in the open doorway - holding the doors open - and then try to parlay with the spooks. Hopefully, there is a good moment that won't interrupt the service.
Everyone else plays 'backup' as best they can... and we see what happens. If they rush us or prove unfriendly we retreat and fight from the sunlight, with an eye to nuking the church if possible.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

I'm good with that as well Rikka.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Okay then, waiting on Dolelan's response I guess. Also, anyone having problems getting updates? My RSS feeds just started working again but the paizo campaign tracker said that there were no new updates.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

bump


Slayer/5; AC: 20; HP: 39/39; F: +4, R: +9, W:+1; Init: +6; Perc: +10

No problems here. Dolelan...HELLO!


I've had more than a few problems tracking thread updates since that work they did on the site a week or two ago. And yah, we seem to be waiting on Dolelan here.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Agreed, give him maybe day or so? Then maybe npc till he's back?


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

***AS DOLELAN***

Dolelan paces, eyes on his notebook he speaks while continuing to write in his little notebook.

"As far as I can tell there seems to be no indication that these people here are dangerous, theoretically intelligent undead could follow trends similar to those of orcs, goblins, and other of the more notorious races in that every so often there are those who do not deal in wanton destruction.

Unfortunately signs here point to the worship of what we consider an evil deity, though that also could be debated. Perhaps they are merely acting in interests in direct opposition to ours, from the position of the livestock we slaughter to put food on our tables we would seem like quite the vicious and barbaric civilization.

Sorry, back to the matter at hand. The quick and easy answer is no, they do not seem violent and would probably not cause us trouble in the near future. Acting violently against them would most likely do nothing more than raise their ire, there are far too many of them to be completely sure that they would be all killed by anything short of direct action."


Slayer/5; AC: 20; HP: 39/39; F: +4, R: +9, W:+1; Init: +6; Perc: +10

Look, I am tired of debating the benefits of goin iside to investigate further, or not. Just because their intentions may not be destructive has not stopped from killing all manner of Orc, Goblin and undead in the past. Eventually, they will turn to mahem. Dolelan, are you going in, or not?


Alenthyn considers the puzzle of the strange church presents. It's clear Dolelan doesn't think we have justification to attack, he thinks, though I'd guess he's more intrigued by them as an object of study than anything else.

"Interesting metaphors, though I'm not sure how fully appropriate or convincing they are. I'm guessing if livestock had the awareness to realize their predicament and the intentions of those that feed them, they'd take action… whether to flee or fight. So if the living are the livestock, and they are aware of the intentions of these unliving, I'd say they'd be justified in taking action. Of course, it is balanced upon the intention of the unliving. Same situation as your metaphor with notoriously violent races. If those likely to be victimized by said violence are aware of that intention, I'd completely understand them taking precaution or pre-emptive action." He shrugs, looking at Dolelan. "But you're right, both metaphors balance on the issue of intention. If these unliving have no ill intent towards the living in these parts -- whether in the short-term or long-term -- we'd do everyone a great disservice to take violent action against them today. However, I have no intention of walking in there and discussing their intentions." He plants his longbow in the soil, crossing his forearms across the tip of the other end and settling in place. Whatever great reserve of inner strength he found to string so many words together at one time seems to suddenly deplete.

The gangly elf takes a look around, eyes both seeking threats and checking for any group item un-ready for quick travel, then looks back at the group. It is obvious that he's waiting to see if anyone will actually go in to chat up the pulseless preacher.

Alenthyn is ready to leave this place be. He's not excited about leaving a potential danger in place, but it's a tough puzzle, and he thinks their time could be more wisely spent elsewhere. He won't vote for burning the place down, but he won't go in and personally do the investigatin/interrogating to find out what threat they do or don't pose to the area. Being an elf of the wilds, he's content to live and let live for the time being… especially if it means getting back on the hunt.


Slayer/5; AC: 20; HP: 39/39; F: +4, R: +9, W:+1; Init: +6; Perc: +10

Maeltheron listens intently to Alenthyn, then rolls his eyes as he looks towards the heavens.

This group may be able to talk themselves to death!


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

"So, lets leave and get on with our task." Charon says in a very dry sarcastic tone. "Then later we can always revisit and make sure these things rest peacefully."


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Sorry for the week's absence. I should have mentioned it in the OOC but I was doing stuff for Aethercon over the weekend.

Okay, so you leave then? There are two routes of egress, the stony path that leads back to the swamp or another dirt road that continues past the church into the woods at the base of the small hill.

Badly Drawn Map


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Okay so we've kind of been stuck in a rut for a while so I'm going to just skip ahead. After some time tromping through the forest you come to a crossroads, those more familiar recognize tracks going down the right path but not the left. Taking that right path it leads down into a shallow valley a stones throw from the river. At the midsection of this valley sits a village that as you look closer to it's center you begin to see houses and buildings that seem to have been canabalized. In the center of this village stands a structure that has to be at least sixty feet tall and still growing taller, a ramshackle affair of wood, stone, and earth. Figures seem to be walking in and out in neat little lines

Map


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon will motion for someone to follow. Charon will try to sneak up close enough to see what may be going on with the structure.
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26


Slayer/5; AC: 20; HP: 39/39; F: +4, R: +9, W:+1; Init: +6; Perc: +10

Maeltheron nods to Charon, pulls up his hood, and ranges out slightly apart but within 50 feet of her to advance.

Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Moving in closer along the periphery of the valley the both of you come into view of this strange ramshackle building. As you get closer you recognize several people carrying up pieces of the building with a number of builders near the exposed top of it assembling those pieces. Most of the external structure appears to be thrown together but as you gain a better vantage you see that it's actually just a ramshackle shell being built around a sturdy frame that peeks out about ten feet beyond the slowly crawling outer wall. As you approach from the south you see the rear end of the structure where it seems a crane is hauling what looks like a very large shiny red circle to the top.

Tower

Knowledge Arcana DC 25:
That thing being hauled to the top of the tower seems to be a focus of some kind. Though focuses are not unique to any one school of magic oftentimes the color red is associated with either evocation or transmutation. Most believe this to be a purely symbolic value though a handful in the magic community believe those colors actually facilitate specific types of magic.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon motions back to Maeltheron and mouths a few words secretly. Charon will look around too to see what people look like. (Are they from this area? Does there seem to be someone overseeing things?)
bluff(secret message): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
"We need to figure out what's going on. I don't like the idea of the ball reaching the top."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Slayer/5; AC: 20; HP: 39/39; F: +4, R: +9, W:+1; Init: +6; Perc: +10

Perception:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

He, in turn, nods his assent and motions towards the crane, and makes a breaking motion with both hands and mouths the following.

Should I disable it?

Bluff (secret message)1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Charon Warblade wrote:

Charon motions back to Maeltheron and mouths a few words secretly. Charon will look around too to see what people look like. (Are they from this area? Does there seem to be someone overseeing things?)

bluff(secret message): 1d20 + 7
"We need to figure out what's going on. I don't like the idea of the ball reaching the top."

Perception: 1d20 + 6
Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 5

Yes, it seems that every so often you see These cowled figures. The more you watch these people assembling this structure the more tells you begin to observe, you see the lurching gaits of the workers and it strikes you as familiar, these are most likely undead.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Bump


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Just checking to see if anyone wants to respond or just me and Mael


Slayer/5; AC: 20; HP: 39/39; F: +4, R: +9, W:+1; Init: +6; Perc: +10

Yeah...what's up...is this PbP dead, or what?


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

I guess. Only the two of you have been responding.


Slayer/5; AC: 20; HP: 39/39; F: +4, R: +9, W:+1; Init: +6; Perc: +10

Can you please shut it down and take it off the boards if we are indeed done? Thanks


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Yea, well thanks for posting guys.


Any time sir. Was enjoyable while it lasted.

1,051 to 1,081 of 1,081 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chapter 1: Just Beneath the Surface All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.