Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Call of the Wardens (Inactive)

Game Master Roshan

Reemergence of the Fabled Wardens


801 to 850 of 1,081 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Alenthyn wrote:
Knowledge: Geography 1d20 + 9.

You aren't certain, could be any number of things.


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

"There is a necromantic breeze blowing out towards us. I will continue to look for magical auras as we proceed." Ariella informs the group.

Also ready to move on. Will keep concentrating on the detect magic.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon flourishes Night's end and her magical rapier to her hands. Charon steps out of the shadows to nod at Dolelan and Ariella in acknowledgement. Charon says to Dolelan in jest, "It's not like your going to be pulled up into the sky or anything?" Then steps back into them.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15


The tall, pale elf regards the woods around them with a shrug. "Not sure," he mutters as he watches the strange girl head back into the shadows, "Could be anything out there. Might as well press on." He looks back at the horse he's been leading, "I could be better used as a forward scout if someone doesn't mind leading my horse."

If someone takes the reins, Alenthyn ghosts forward on the path, long strides quiet on the path and long bow in hand. Every thirty feet or so, he whispers a few words, looking for signs of magic as he scouts.

Casting Detect Magic every 30 feet or so
Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Stealth 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14


Slayer/5; AC: 20; HP: 39/39; F: +4, R: +9, W:+1; Init: +6; Perc: +10

Maeltheron continues in the shadows attempting not to give away his position, but advancing in a flanking position even with Alenthyn.

Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


"Certainly." Rikka hops down and takes Alenthyn's reins, along with her own.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

As you ignore the warning and proceed into the glade an ominous quiet falls upon you, shadows reach towards you in your peripherals but when you turn to look at them they're just twisted trees.

Are you guys just moving along what is left of the road into the glade?


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

Sounds good to me.

Ariella will follow the others, leading her horse by the reigns. She will hold her bow in the other hand. "If we encounter undead, draw them in close to me and I will burn them."


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Moving further into the glade things continue to become more ominous, the air around you grows colder, the trees just a bit more sinister. Finally you come to a crossroads, the road forks left and right.

Perception (15 or higher):
You hear a soft muted squelching as if something is moving through the mud just off the road to either side of you.

Perception (20 or higher):
As the 15 or higher but you also hear a soft growling and the rumbling of hungry bellies.


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

"We've got company, flanking us in the brush." Ariella says as she casts a spell on her bow Cast weapon of awe.


Slayer/5; AC: 20; HP: 39/39; F: +4, R: +9, W:+1; Init: +6; Perc: +10

I am assuming that my perception and stealth rolls above apply? If not, I will need to make new ones based upon my attempt to attack from a concealed position.

Maeltheron, hearing something moving in the mud ahead of his position just off the road, draws an arrow and stands still until something materializes for attack.


Also using my roll from before... which sucked.

Hearing nothing, the gangly elf none-the-less responds to Ariella's actions. Without hesitation, he reverses direction, backing towards the group on quiet feet as he whispers a few arcane words.

Continue Stealth (to join ranks with Rikka / Ariella) 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Cast Mage Armor.

status:
HP 31/31
AC 20 FF 20 Touch 14
CMD 19 FF 15
F +4 R +8 W +4
Conditions/Effects Mage Armor (5 hrs)


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon looks around for signs of danger upon entering the glade.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Charon notices the growls and hears Ariella's yell. She'll duck into a shadow closer to the group waiting for the creatures to react.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33


Rikka nods at the cleric's comment and shifts both sets of reins to one hand. She glances at the tree. "I may ask you to ensure these horses don't bolt."


Elven Archivist 5

Perception check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Dolelan's eyebrows shoot up at about the time Ariella makes her announcement. He utters a quick spell of harsh syllables and seems to swell slightly as he draws his sword and look around warily. For once in his journeys the ever-present sucking mud that made each step such a trudge was working in his favor. He steps a bit closer to the comforting bulk of Gulorne's trunk as they approach the glade and prepare to deal with whatever is making that sound.

Casting heroism


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Rikka Rask wrote:
Rikka nods at the cleric's comment and shifts both sets of reins to one hand. She glances at the tree. "I may ask you to ensure these horses don't bolt."

Gulorne looks at you quizzically, raising his tree eyebrows and says "And what do you suggest I do?"


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Place yourselves and roll initiative.

Map

For those new to the tokens

D = Dolelan
N = Nera
Le = Legiald
C = Charon

New Players

R = Rikka
M = Maeltheron
Alen = Alenthyn
Ari = Arellia

If you'd like you use your own token just place it on the map or send me a link to it.


Elven Archivist 5

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

I don't see Gulorne on the map...


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

quick init and moved Charon to side of group. Also spot where she had previous stealth roll.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Roshan wrote:
Gulorne looks at you quizzically, raising his tree eyebrows and says "And what do you suggest I do?"

"Hold their reins if it comes to that. You'll have my thanks."

Initiative 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

On an unreliable network connection so I can't pull up the map. I'll update that when I get a chance.


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Added a token for myself.


Slayer/5; AC: 20; HP: 39/39; F: +4, R: +9, W:+1; Init: +6; Perc: +10

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Spoiler:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

--Full Initiative--
Charon - 22+
Dolelan - 22-
Ariella - 19
3 - 19
7 - 18
Rikka - 17
4 - 17
6 - 17
2 - 16
1 - 15
8 - 14
Maeltheron - 12
9 - 8
5 - 7

Dolelan Callennan wrote:
I don't see Gulorne on the map...

I forgot.

Map

--Player Initiative--

Charon - 22+
Dolelan - 22-
Ariella - 19
Rikka - 17
Maeltheron - 12

The squelching becomes even more pronounced though the sound seems to echo around you can't pinpoint it's source. Ariella and Charon, you both make out the forms of the encroaching creatures before they are set upon you.


Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7.

Dont want to hold things up, and am posting from my phone (no map access). Will someone place Alenthyn on the map... safely tucked behind Rikka would be ideal. :)


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon will prepare a strike on bottom right square. She'll remain hidden otherwise.


Elven Archivist 5

Dolelan readies an action to attack, since I haven't seen 'them' yet

Swift action: arcane strike
Attack roll: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

Placed you Alen.

Does that mean I get a surprise round action?


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

Replaced all of us with images. Just looks cooler.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Ariella Moiraine wrote:

Placed you Alen.

Does that mean I get a surprise round action?

Yes, both you and Charon are able to act in the surprise round.

Map

--Surprise Round--


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

Ariella shouts in fury, raising her hands above her head and then flinging them towards the west side of the trail. A small firey orb flies forth from them to explode on impact amongst the approaching creatures.

Cast Fireball DC 17 Reflex for half damage

Damage 5d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 3, 5) = 15


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon will stay hidden, I can't make as much out of a surprise round with distance from critters.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Ariella Moiraine wrote:

Ariella shouts in fury, raising her hands above her head and then flinging them towards the west side of the trail. A small firey orb flies forth from them to explode on impact amongst the approaching creatures.

Cast Fireball DC 17 Reflex for half damage

Damage 5d6

Spoiler:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Charon - 22+
Dolelan - 22-
Ariella - 19
3 - 19 (7 Damage)
7 - 18
Rikka - 17
4 - 17 (7 Damage)
6 - 17
2 - 16 (15 Damage)
1 - 15 (7 Damage)
8 - 14
Maeltheron - 12
9 - 8
5 - 7

Everyone feels the heat as the great ball of fire blooms into a great plume of flame, engulfing several of the before unseen creatures. Shadows dance in the light bloom before the flames die down, the quiet ambience broken up by the sounds of movement further out in the watery marshes is shattered by the sound of creatures racing towards you, the sounds of gnashing teeth and guttural roaring fill the air.

Map

--Player Initiative--

Charon - 22+
Dolelan - 22-
Ariella - 19
Rikka - 17
Maeltheron - 12

--Round 1--


Elven Archivist 5

Dolelan will stay close to Gulorne rather than rush out to meet the things. When they are close enough he will unsheathe Heartsong and (attempt to) put it to good use.

Modified actions:
Quote:

Dolelan readies an action to attack, since I haven't seen 'them' yet

Swift action: arcane strike
Attack roll: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Rather than ready an action, I'd like to delay until they are close enough for a full attack. I'll keep the first attack roll and add this one:

Damage for first attack: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Second attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Damage for second attack: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

Round 1
Initiative 19

Ariella will draw her bow back and unleash two arrows at the creature which is closest to Dolelan.

Attack 1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
[ooc]Attack 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Then 5' step N one square.


Surprised by the creatures and the priestess's fiery response, it takes Alenthyn a few seconds to respond. Once recovered from his surprise, the gangly elf draws and looses two arcanically enhanced arrows at the nearest living creature on their west side… hoping to make this a one-front fight as soon as possible.

Swift Action: Arcane Strike
Full Attack: Rapid shot on the nearest living creature on the left side of the map. If they still haven't' closed on the group when Alenthyn fires, he can ignore the cover bonus his allies would provide the creatures. If they are able to close first, simply subtract -4 to the below attack rolls.

rolls:
Longbow 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 2 = 26; Rapid Shot <-- CRIT?
---> Damage 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7; Arcane Strike.
.
Longbow 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 2 = 13; Rapid Shot
---> Damage 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10; Arcane Strike.
.
CRIT CONFIRM - ATTACK 1 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 2 = 16.
---> Total Crit Damage 7 + 2d8 + 10 ⇒ 7 + (4, 5) + 10 = 26.

status:
HP 31/31
AC 20 FF 20 Touch 14
CMD 19 FF 15
F +4 R +8 W +4
Conditions/Effects Mage Armor (5 hrs)


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon sees the fireball light up the sky. Thinks to herself.... damn casters. She stays hidden til her prey passes towards the group.

Charon will delay, while remaining hidden, until a creature passes or is near enough for a 5ft step and then attack.

combat stuff if needed:

Nights end(main):1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 101d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Sneak attack(if applicable):2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5) + 2 = 12
Rapier +1:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 131d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Rikka squints and smiles, appreciating the bright bloom and concussion of Ariella's spell briefly as she lashes the horses' reins over one of Gulorne's less animate branches. As the tumult dies, she considers the roaring of the strange bog creatures. Without hurry, she walks to the path's edge, forming a line with the others against the approaching horde - one hand resting lightly on the scabbard of her katana. She leaves the blade sheathed for the moment, waiting patiently.

~ Round 1 ~
STAND: Tie off horses
MOVE: Move to edge of road (map updated)

Status:
HP: 50 / 50
AC:18 T:17 FF:14
CMD:25 FF:21
Fort:+9 ; Reflex:+6 ; Will:+5

2/D Stunning Blow
1/D Resolve
1/D Ronin Challenge
1/D Iaijutsu Strike

Effects: None


Slayer/5; AC: 20; HP: 39/39; F: +4, R: +9, W:+1; Init: +6; Perc: +10

Round 1, AC: 20, HP: 35/35, Sneak Attack

Maeltheron attacks the closest enemy on the West side (his side) of the path from a position of stealth.

LB ATT: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
LB DAM: 1d8 + 4 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (2, 6, 3) = 16

Maeltheron will then retreat 10 feet and attempt to hide again in the trees.

Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34


Slayer/5; AC: 20; HP: 39/39; F: +4, R: +9, W:+1; Init: +6; Perc: +10

Round 1, AC: 20, HP: 35/35, Sneak Attack

Maeltheron attacks the closest enemy on the West side (his side) of the path from a position of stealth.

LB ATT: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
LB DAM: 1d8 + 4 + 3d6 ⇒ (8) + 4 + (2, 1, 1) = 16

Maeltheron will then retreat 10 feet and attempt to hide again in the trees.

Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Spoiler:

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

3d8 + 24 ⇒ (4, 7, 3) + 24 = 38

3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4, 3) + 3 = 12

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22

3 - 19 (Dead)
7 - 18
4 - 17 (7 Damage)
6 - 17 (12 Damage)
2 - 16 (Dead)
1 - 15 (Dead)
8 - 14
9 - 8
5 - 7

--Player Initiative--

Legiald - 24
Charon - 22+
Dolelan - 22-
Ariella - 19
Nera - 18
Rikka - 17
Maeltheron - 12
Gulorne - 11
Alenthyn - 7

Ariella, you pepper the approaching figures with a pair of arrows but unfortunately they seem to bounce off the dead flesh, taking layers of skin off but not actually hurting them.

Dolelan, you see several of the forms approaching, one of them strays too close to Gulorne, he brings down his left tree arm but it's just too fast and it dodges the blow. Swinging heartsong with incredible speed you feel a soft vibration, little more than a tingle running up the length of the sword as a melodic hum plays in time with your swings. Unfortunately the ghoul nimbly dodges both of your slashes, coming in with one of it's viscous claws you sidestep and it touches nothing but air.

Charon, you see from your hiding place one of the approaching creatures is moving quite clearly towards Ariella. It comes close enough for you to reach out and touch, jumping out you thrust and cut but you're just not fast enough and it evades your attacks.

Rikka, you tie the horses to what is apparently Gulorne's right arm. "What silly little creatures" he says in his accented elvish looking at the now panicking horses. Moving out to the edge of the road you see one of them running towards you and manage to dodge out of the way as it comes springing at you.

You all see the ghouls starting to rush in, several of them approaching from the left hand side of the road appear to be scorched. Maletheron, you emerge from your hiding spot and catch the one atacking Rikka unawares, your blade bites deep and as it falls to the ground you see steam rising from the wound and suddenly smell cooked rotten meat. Stealthing in combat usually works on a case by case basis (unless of course you have hide in plain sight). For this situation yes, most of the creatures on your side of the road are down for the count and seeing as how none of them saw you in the first place you're fine. But take Charon's position for example, she has a number of the buggers around her and one that sees her quite clearly. She wouldn't be able to stealth.

Alenthyn, you fire a volley of arrows at the ghoul attacking Dolelan, you land two good shots less than a handswidth apart, it topples over and hits the ground hard.

Gulorne reaches over awkwardly, now hindered by the horses tied to his right arm and swats away the ghoul clawing at his trunk. Nera fires off a magic missile and Legiald feathers a pair of arrows.

--Round 2--

Map

--Player Initiative--

Legiald - 24
Charon - 22+
Dolelan - 22-
Ariella - 19
Nera - 18
Rikka - 17
Maeltheron - 12
Gulorne - 11
Alenthyn - 7


Elven Archivist 5

After the one that he had engaged sprouts arrows from its back, Dolelan steps over it to finish off the other ghoul that is clawing at Gulorne.

First attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26, 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 damage
Second attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17, 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon swings at the ghoul in front of her. High then low, hoping to trip it up. Yelling back at Ariella, "Get behind me." Then mutters something about casters being too frail. With a quick roll, Charon will slide 5ft south after her attack.

Magical Rapier: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 201d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Night's End:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 211d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Rikka watches with approval as Mael easily drops the nearby ghoul. She scans the left half of the field, noting the destroyed attackers. She smiles at her elven companion, repaying his previous compliments on her bladework, "I should have stayed on my horse. You have this well in hand."

She turns her attention to where matters are still being decided - the right half of the battlefield. Rikka slides across the path, taking a position near the cleric, one finger tapping lightly on the hilt of her sheathed katana. She notes the array of attackers closing on their location. Her tone is mild, "Do you need any assistance, Ariella or are these your to kill?"

~ Round 2 ~
MOVE: Move 30' (map updated)
STAND: Ready an Attack (if any ghoul comes into range)

Status:
HP: 50 / 50
AC:18 T:17 FF:14
CMD:25 FF:21
Fort:+9 ; Reflex:+6 ; Will:+5

2/D Stunning Blow
1/D Resolve
1/D Ronin Challenge
1/D Iaijutsu Strike

Effects:


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

Round 2
Initiative 19

Ariella seeing her arrows do little damage, and that all the remaining ghouls are close to her, raises up her holy symbol and a column of burningly bright sunlight lashes down from the sky to illuminate all around her. "Burn in the glory of the Dawnflower, foul creatures of the night!"

Channel Energy, Harm Undead
Damage 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 6, 5) + 5 = 22 DC 16 for half

Sun's Blessing (Su): Whenever you channel positive energy to harm undead creatures, add your cleric level to the damage dealt. Undead do not add their channel resistance to their saves when you channel positive energy.


Slayer/5; AC: 20; HP: 39/39; F: +4, R: +9, W:+1; Init: +6; Perc: +10

Round 2, AC: 20, HP: 35/35, Sneak Attack

Maeltheron attacks the enemy approaching Rikka's position from the rear on the path from a position of stealth.

LB ATT: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
LB DAM: 1d8 + 3 + 3d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (3, 5, 1) = 18

Maeltheron will then advance 5 feet and attempt to hide again in the trees.

Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20


Alenthyn mentally noted the way Ariella's arrows did nearly nothing to the creatures despite their accuracy, knowing by instinct that his shots were simply especially well-placed. That in mind, he switches to drawing blunt arrows as he rounds on the other half of the fight.

Rikka wrote:
"Do you need any assistance, Ariella or are these your to kill?"

"Between the fireball and the holy-ball, the rest of us might as well take a nap." The gangly elf's words carry a wry note as he looses a volley of magic-enhanced blunt arrows at the northern-most ghoul (farthest top-right, I think it's Ghoul 6), retreating a step in the process.

Round 2
Free: 5' step diagonally up/left.
Swift: Arcane Strike
Full Attack: Rapid shot on farthest top-right Ghoul (6?), switching to blunt arrows.
NOTE: if 6 is dead before Alenthyn fires, switch attacks to Ghoul 9 and apply a -4 to attack rolls due to cover.

rolls:
Longbow 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 2 = 9; Rapid Shot
---> Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
.
Longbow 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 2 = 25; Rapid Shot
---> Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

status:
HP 31/31
AC 20 FF 20 Touch 14
CMD 19 FF 15
F +4 R +8 W +4
Conditions/Effects Mage Armor (5 hrs)


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Spoiler:

7 - 18 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
4 - 17 (7 Damage) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
6 - 17 (12 Damage) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
8 - 14 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
9 - 8 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
5 - 7 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Charon, you lay into your target and manage to clip him several times with your blades, you take several slices out of the ghoul, dead flesh falling with a squishy plop on the wet ground, unfortunately he's still standing.

Dolelan, Heartsong sings as you bite into your foe, with unbelievable speed you cut down the ghoul.

Ariella, you feel the divine energy leave you in a wave, harmlessly passing through your companions and breaking on the creatures standing there and the ones that had already fallen. Looking up you see that only one of them still stands, those on the ground covered in a grayish flame. That was a lot of damage

Rikka, I believe you only have a 5 ft reach, if you have a 10 ft reach you can take your attack against the ghoul.

Maeltheron, your target is burned down by Arellia but you are able to make it back into the shadows without much issue.

Alenthyn, you fire a pair of blunt arrows at the one remaining ghoul. Your first arrow flies wide and lands somewhere to his left but your second arrow hits him dead center, unfortunately he seems completely unfazed by it.

Legiald and Nera close the gap, Gulorne picks up one of the ghoul bodies and flings it with terrible accuracy, missing by about ten feet.

Map

--Round 3--
Legiald - 24
Charon - 22+
Dolelan - 22-
Ariella - 19
Nera - 18
Rikka - 17
Maeltheron - 12
Gulorne - 11
Alenthyn - 7

If you guys want to put a secondary action on your post you're welcome to, in case your target moves or drops.


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

Round 3
Initiative 19

If the ghoul is still standing.

Ariella raises her hand and points it at the ghoul, "Did you not get the message?" she asks, before a grapefruit sized globe of flame streaks forth from it arching towards the undead thing

Range Touch Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Fire


Roshan, can Alenthyn tell (based on the different bow attacks that have been made so far) which arrow types the creatures seem to have DR against? I can't tell from your last description if it has DR against blunt as well, or if the amount of damage Alenthyn did simply wasn't enough to really hurt it badly.

With four bodies between himself and the only remaining viable target, Alenthyn does the only thing he can think of to stay useful. Once again letting a small rivulet of his arcane power slide onto a newly-nocked blunt arrow, he stalks around the north side of the fight, arrow trained on the undead thing in case he can get a clear shot or it breaks from combat.

Round 3
Swift: Arcane Strike
Standard: REady an attack against the ghoul with two triggers: if he gets a clean (no cover provided) shot or if the thing tries to run away.
Move: move 6 squares right on the map (updated the map)

rolls:
Longbow 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11.
---> Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10.

status:
HP 31/31
AC 20 FF 20 Touch 14
CMD 19 FF 15
F +4 R +8 W +4
Conditions/Effects Mage Armor (5 hrs)


Sadly, Rikka doesn't have Lunge yet. :) So no attack from the previous round.

Between the fireball torching half of the creatures and the wave of holy energy smiting the rest... Rikka guffaws at the cleric's statement and final, bargain-basement, fireball. "OK, now you are just showing off. I expect more decorum from a woman of the cloth," she teases.

The samurai stands casually - admiring the view - as if she were in a public park rather than a monster-laden bog. She makes no move to intercept the last creature, almost sure that it will be destroyed before she needs to act. Prudence demands that she be ready, however, should the creature miraculously survive the wave of retribution coming its way. To that end, she rotates her wrists to warm them up... just in case.

Rikka will wait for everyone before her in the initiative order to act. After that, if the creature still stands, I'll post an action.

Status:
HP: 50 / 50
AC:18 T:17 FF:14
CMD:25 FF:21
Fort:+9 ; Reflex:+6 ; Will:+5

2/D Stunning Blow
1/D Resolve
1/D Ronin Challenge
1/D Iaijutsu Strike

Effects:

801 to 850 of 1,081 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chapter 1: Just Beneath the Surface All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.