Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Call of the Wardens (Inactive)

Game Master Roshan

Reemergence of the Fabled Wardens


701 to 750 of 1,081 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Elven Archivist 5

Dolelan looks up from his study of the runes to ask Nera a question about some piece of magical minutiae related to the runes, when he notices Charon's intent study of the back of the statue. He walks over to see what has caught her attention and perhaps lend some assistance...

Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

He purses his lips for a moment as he looks over her shoulder to get a look at the indention, and soon comes to a realization. He removes the amulet from where he'd left it on the statue's neck and offers it to Charon, "Here, try using this."


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon nods at Dolelan in acknowledgement for trying to help. Charon goes on to say,"I'll try it my way first, I haven't met a lock I couldn't get yet. If it doesn't work or I blow up, use the amulet." Charon pulls out her thieve tools and tries at the lock again.
Disable device: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Charon Warblade wrote:

Charon nods at Dolelan in acknowledgement for trying to help. Charon goes on to say,"I'll try it my way first, I haven't met a lock I couldn't get yet. If it doesn't work or I blow up, use the amulet." Charon pulls out her thieve tools and tries at the lock again.

Disable device: 1d20 + 14

With Dolelan's assistance you take out several of your tools and fit them to each indentation, with seven picks in one hand giving pressure to each of the little indentations you use your other hand to press in and rotate the lock. It rotates counter clockwise for half a rotation and you hear something within the statue click and a section of the statue's base pops open, dust belching fourth as it does.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon will move to inspect the open base.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Charon Warblade wrote:
Charon will move to inspect the open base.

It looks like a section of it opens up on a hinge.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon looks at Dolelan, "You may want to step back". Charon will open the hinged compartment.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Within the compartment is a large bundle of cloth.


Elven Archivist 5
Charon Warblade wrote:
Charon looks at Dolelan, "You may want to step back". Charon will open the hinged compartment.

Dolelan does step back a bit, and watches with interest as Charon unveils their latest find.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon will move the top of cloth aside and inspect it's contents.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Unwrapping the cloth you find a number of weapons individually wrapped and tightly bound. They are a Longbow, a Longsword, a Hammer, a Gauntlet, a Dagger, a Pair of Kukuri and a Chain.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon debates for a slight moment on sleight of handing, several of the items. None in the group seem to be very observant, nor will they put them to as good of use. Nera is almost borderline crazy, which wont matter. Charon intends to finish what Nera started after this is all done. Legiald is on his last leg about every battle, it wouldn't surprise her if Legiald was taken out by these monsters. The orc thing disappeared. Now, Dolelan seems resourceful. He seems to have knowledge of area and fairly skilled in his craft. Resourceful can useful, specially when you have a angry shadow-like monster your chasing after. Only bad thing, seems to be his temperament. He seems more to be doing this out of helping people, then money or revenge.

Charon tosses out a quick joke, meant more to be serious in Dolelan's direction."If I didn't think more than half of us would die from this venture, you wouldn't have seen most of these weapons still in here. But they seem useful to the group, so they are still here."

Charon will motion for Dolelan to look. With what almost seems like a quick gleam of joy, Charon changes her expression to her normal calm cool demeanor. Then she goes on to say, "What do you make of these Dolelan? Perhaps these are what the beast was searching for? Remember the statues weapons that were ornamental, could these be genuine weapons they held or fakes?"


Elven Archivist 5

Hmm... they very well could be...

Dolelan will turn his focus toward examining the weapons that Charon has uncovered, being careful not to touch any of them until he is as sure as he can be that they are free of malignant magic or more mundane toxins.

Like before with the fakes, I'll take a 10 on the first spellcraft check to identify the Kukuris and on all the others if that one is successful. Here are my rolls if taking a 10 fails:

Take 10 = 16+10 = 26 (ID a CL 11 item)

Longsword: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
Hammer: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
Gauntlet: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36
Dagger: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
Longbow: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25
Chain: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

It takes Dolelan about 2 hours to identify all these items, in that time both Legiald and Nera lick their wounds. Legiald stays near the house with the basement, keeping watch but Nera wanders among the houses.

Dolelan:
Because Dolelan made his knowledge check he actually knows of the weapons by name but I'm going to leave it up to you how much you decide to divulge.

Taking 10 you identify the hammer, the gauntlet, the longbow and the chain.

Longsword - Heartsong cut through the air at such speeds that it produces a high pitched hum that is not unpleasant to the ears. Heartsong is a sword with a long history but only one true master, Levi Bladestorm.

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29

Heartsong is a +1 Longsword of Speed. In the hands of someone with weapon focus (longsword) and weapon specialization (longsword) it's critical multiplier becomes x3

Hammer - The Great Maul Brandr was wielded by the aptly named Lenny the Hammer. Lenny was nigh unstoppable in battle, Brandr went through armor like parchment and Lenny himself was a mountain of a man, the two together were a fearsome opponent.

Brandr is a +2 Great Maul of Cleaving (Greatmaul is a Maritial weapon that deals 1d12 damage with a crit range of 20/x3). In the hands of someone with weapon focus (great maul) and power attack Brandr ignores up to DR/5, if a creature posses a DR of greater than 5 it is treated as 5 less.

Gauntlet - These gauntlets were known simply as "The Fists", they were worn by Hans Thunderclap. They were excellent weapons to be sure but the one who made them famous was Hans, who would slam them together and shatter the enemy resolve. After thunderclap it was not uncommon for the men closest to Hans to lose their hearing.

Two +1 Gauntlets of Thundering. Twice per day as a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity the wielder can activate a Piercing Shriek spell (CL 9 DC 17)

Dagger - Less is known about this weapon and the woman who wielded it than any other of Turnmist. Night's End was wielded by Ida Darkshadow but it is uncertain exactly what the weapon was named for.

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

Identifying this item is strange, when you feel like you're closing in on it's aura it almost seems to wriggle free. Finally you pin it down however and discover it's nature.

Night's End is a +1 dagger, in the hands of someone with the sneak attack class feature it becomes a +2 dagger that grants wielder a +1 circumstance bonus on each sneak attack damage die. If the wielder has both the sneak attack and the assassinate class features the dagger becomes a +3 dagger that grants wielder a +2 circumstance bonus on each sneak attack damage die.

Kukuri - Wielded by Emma of the Four Winds these blades were called Sun and Moon and were said to wax and wane with their namesakes. Emma was fearsome with these two blades and would often enter the fray greatly outnumbered and walk away without a scratch.

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

Both sun and moon are +1 kukuri normally. During the daylight hours Sun becomes a +1 Agile Flaming Kukuri, at night Moon becomes a +1 Agile Frost Kukuri. If the wielder possesses weapon focus (kukuri) and two weapon defense while wielding both Sun and Moon he gains a +2 shield bonus that stacks with the bonus from two weapon defense.

Longbow - A name was never given to this bow so it was simply called Deadeye after the man who wielded it. Theo "Deadeye" Rodrick was a very quiet man who more often than not said as few as five words over the course of a whole day. But for what the man lacked in words he made up for tenfold in skill. He was said to be the greatest bowman to ever grace Ohryne, able to pin a fly to a tree at one hundred yards.

Deadeye is a +1 Longbow of distance and seeking. In the hands of someone with weapon focus (longbow) and far shot Deadeye gains 5 charges
that can be spent to enchant arrows shot from the bow.
-1 charge (Sleep Arrow)
-2 charges (Searing Arrow)
-2 charges (Sizzling Arrow)
-3 charges (Slaying Arrow)

Chain - Kara the Lily was as fair as a flower, her silver chain, was known as the broken chain, not because it was ever damaged or broken but because of how it's wielder broke apart centuries of established tradition, transcended the typical gender role for a person of her station and broke the endless chain of war and peace, at least for a short time. It is etched in a pattern that resembles a vine. While Kara was indeed skilled in the arts of combat she was most known for her honeyed tongue. She treated with kings and lords, ambassadors of the deep races and creatures from the old kingdom. Whether in castles or hovels when she spoke people listened. She ushered in an era of peace, where conflicts were settled by words instead of swords. She was the last Great Leader of Turnmist and the world was a much bleaker place when she faded from it.

The Broken Chain is a +2 Spiked Chain of Guardian. If the wielder possesses the Skill Focus (Diplomacy) and the persuasive feats he treats every creature he meets as being one step more friendly.


Elven Archivist 5

Dolelan studies the weapons intently for hours, slowly growing more excited. Finally he gives a low whistle and looks up. "Yes, you're right... it is them. Heartsong, Brandur, Night's End, The Fists, Sun & Moon, Deadeye... it doesn't make any sense at all but it's them. I can't imagine how they come to be ensconced in some sort of temple or museum hall below a hamlet known for nothing more than its pig farming." He stands up and stretches, then begins pacing back and forth. "Whoever made these runes must have known something about this. It looks like we are not the only ones opposing these shadows; runes of binding, protecting against forces of evil and darkness... and something else." With a sigh he looks to the others.

"It's getting late. I wonder if Nera found anything up there? Unless someone has a better idea, I think we should spend the night here. This building and the basement seem somewhat defensible and Gulorne can stand sentry in front of the doorway. I'm glad to be traveling with him; if we ever need to rest in the open I'll feel safer sleeping under his canopy than most other places."

Not needing much sleep himself, Dolelan will go back to pacing along the floor and considering the implications of the warding runes.

@GM:
Quote:
The Broken Chain is a +2 Spiked Chain of Guardian. If the wielder possesses the Skill Focus (Diplomacy) and the persuasive feats he treats every creature he meets as being one step more friendly.

I'm not familiar with "of Guardian". Did you mean Defending, or is it something different? Also, is the real longbow "white longbow with a spidering of blue veins running it's length"? Can I guess what material it is made from?


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Dolelan:
Guardian is a property out of the PFS field guide I believe. It's similar to defending but it grants a bonus to saves instead of AC. You're always welcome to guess.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Sitting there watching Dolelan study these weapons, Charon looks at both very perplexed. Charon can normally figure out if a blade is good, but never know the lore or magic behind it. Magic is always something that eluded her, which she hates. It looks so simple, but there is no good way to practice it.

Charon states to Doleran, "Of course I'm right. Who would make replicas then place them in statues, then make a second set to put in a secrete box?" Charon realizes her tone may have been a little harsh, "Perhaps we do need some rest. Although, I'm not fond of resting where we found enemies. They know the weapons were here, so will others. Information travels quickly. If you have the time or while we rest, I would love to hear the stories about the weapons."


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Are you all resting for the evening?


Roshan wrote:
Are you all resting for the evening?

I'm waiting on Dolelan's response, Charon wouldn't want too. But would if rest of group pushed issue.


Elven Archivist 5

I think we're at least settling in to compare notes. We can look over the rest of the village and Nera can tell us what she found, while the tree and one person stands guard above ground at the entrance to the building (unless we agree on a better place to rest). Once he's had time to copy down all the runes on the floor for proper study Dolelan is fine with resting in the basement or anywhere else that the group would feel safe.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Dolelan Callennan wrote:
I think we're at least settling in to compare notes. We can look over the rest of the village and Nera can tell us what she found, while the tree and one person stands guard above ground at the entrance to the building (unless we agree on a better place to rest). Once he's had time to copy down all the runes on the floor for proper study Dolelan is fine with resting in the basement or anywhere else that the group would feel safe.

Nera tells you that this seems like a pretty average village, aside from the secret chamber of course. They (they meaning Nera and Gûl Orne) searched the village and there don't appear to be any survivors though they only did a cursory search. Legiald will mention to you that he was able to track the undead and it appears that they came into the village on the same path you did.


Charon would rest here if Dolelan will tell her about weapons and tree will guard the enterance.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Okay so Day after. Meanwhile...


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

The following morning you're all putting yourselves together and you all hear Legiald's voice booming above ground "HALT! What is your business here?"


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Action if Dolelan gave Charon info:
Charon will quickly state to Doleran, "I'm going to use that dagger, make sure those other weapon stay hidden or with you. We could have some bandits on our hands. Nera head up with me Legiald always needs our help."
Charon will quickly grab the dagger. She almost beams with eerie light, like she's looking forward to a battle.

Action if Dolelan didn't gave Charon info:
Charon will quickly state to Doleran, "Take those and hide them. Nera, we need to get up there. Legiald is more likely to die before we even get up there." Charon with a slight smile, heads towards the ladder. Thinking to herself damn that Doleran, they could probably use weapons for the battle ahead. Plus the blades seemed very balance. But who wants to chance a cursed blade.

Charon will head up trying to stick to the shadows and staying hidden. No need to stick her neck out right now. Legiald is good at taking hits, also that tree shouldn't have too many issues. Once she's up and hopefully found some cover. Charon looks around to figure out their situation.

Stealth roll: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

You guys have just come in contact with the new players, in order to avoid overflow read from this post to the post where I say to join this thread.

Charon Warblade wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **
Charon will head up trying to stick to the shadows and staying hidden. No need to stick her neck out right now. Legiald is good at taking hits, also that tree shouldn't have too many issues. Once she's up and hopefully found some cover. Charon looks around to figure out their situation.

Stealth roll: 1d20 + 13
Perception: 1d20 + 6

You hug the walls and make it up through the cellar door to see Legiald and Gûl Orne facing off with a red haired woman on foot wearing a very elaborate series of skirts. A little ways behind her is another mounted woman.

These posts are relevant to whats going on right now. Currently ALL PC's are aware of the things exchanged verbally.


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

"Thank goodness we've finally found you! We've been searching everywhere." Ariella lowers her bow, though keeps an arrow knocked. "So, were you responsible for slaying the shadow creatures, the skeletons on the plain, the battle at the house and now this?" she says pointing at the stack of corpses. "That's a lot of bodies. Would you mind telling us what's been going on? We've come to try and destroy the threat of the shadow creatures and I'd like to know how you all fit into this." She stops, and after a second gets a surprised look on her face. "Oh my, forgetting my manners. My name's Ariella. What's yours?" she asks with a smile.


Elven Archivist 5

In his typical long-winded pedantic fashion, Dolelan spends the night sharing the stories of the various weapons and their owners. "Now, I mostly pursued the tales of turnmist from an anthropological perspective. It can be quite illuminating to note which stories are retold and how they've changed over time to reflect the hopes and fears of the teller. The stories of Kara in particular can reveal attitudes toward the Council in different parts of Eastmarch; for instance the tale of the lilly and the dragon reveals how..."

Legaid wrote:
"HALT! What is your business here?"
Charon wrote:
"I'm going to use that dagger, make sure those other weapon stay hidden or with you. We could have some bandits on our hands. Nera head up with me Legiald always needs our help."

Dolelan gives a sharp nod at Charon's suggestion. Even bandits would be welcome at this point, after what they'd seen at the keep and in Orp... but a certain degree of caution seemed wise. He considers for a long moment before taking up Heartsong, but finally decides that necessity overrides any concerns about propriety. In case deception should be necessary, he takes the duplicate Heartsong from the statue and wraps it up with the other weapons before wrapping them back up and concealing them in the area under the statue.

Rikka wrote:
"I'm Rikka Rask. I'm on the trail of some shadow creatures that laid waste to a town called Bosh some miles from here. Also, I'm dogging the steps of some other adventurers on the same mission. Have you greeted them just as warmly?"

Dolelan climbs up from the trapdoor behind Charon and Nera and closes it behind him, even going so far as to move some debris over it. He overhears the exchange while he works and wracks his memory for mention of this 'Rikka Rask'. The accent sounded almost Sarannan...

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


Slayer/5; AC: 20; HP: 39/39; F: +4, R: +9, W:+1; Init: +6; Perc: +10

Maeltheron, upon seeing the man with the bow lower the same, climbs down to the path and cassually walks forward. He keeps his bow out, but he simply holds it in his hand as he walks forward.

Come on down Alenthyn, and join us.

Elven:
He looks up at the tree as he approaches.Well met old one. I am called Maeltheron

As he stops next to Rikka, A tall, well-built elf pulls back the cowl of his cloak and smiles broadly. He addresses the group emerging from the hole.

I am Maeltheron. It is a pleasure to have caught up with you.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Stepping out of the shadows. Almost dumbfounded upon hearing Legiald's statement, shoots him a very deadly glace. With a quick pass by, Charon quietly says in his ear, "Are you an idiot? What if these people were hired to kill us? You openly admit we're the group their looking for. I thought you were smarter."

With rapier and new dagger in hand, in defensive position.

Looking at Maeltheron stating

Elven:
"Hold your distance, sir. We can cross blades later if you like, but I'd like some answers first."

Charon states in a calm and cold manner, "Who sent you and why? I understand your searching for us, but it would be a convenient excuse to be hunting the same monster that we are. Also, why are you after it? We've got our reasons, lets hear yours."


Slayer/5; AC: 20; HP: 39/39; F: +4, R: +9, W:+1; Init: +6; Perc: +10

Take it easy there missy. I believe that we are on the same side, and an arrow between your eyes for such a surly attitude would be truly unfortunate.


Dolelan:
I think I can speak for the DM here given what I've been told. Roshan, feel free to correct me...

With the red hair and accent, you can peg the woman as definitely being Sarannan. You probably know enough of the culture to know that 'Rask' actually just means something equivalent to 'warrior' and would be a typical surname for someone common-born who was bred for warfare.

Charon Warblade wrote:
Charon states in a calm and cold manner, "Who sent you and why? I understand your searching for us, but it would be a convenient excuse to be hunting the same monster that we are. Also, why are you after it? We've got our reasons, lets hear yours."

Rikka pulls a withered apple from the pocket of her dress and feeds it to her horse, patting the creature gently while she considers the swordswoman's paranoia and what may lay beneath it. Her answer, when it comes, is factual. "My blade can't be hired. As for our purpose, it has already been stated - we hunt the shadow creatures. As for our reasons..." She looks among her comrades briefly as if trying to ferret out a single cause, "We each have our own motives... but killing your group is not among them."

The Sarannan looks to Ariella and the Elves, "It seems our help isn't wanted. Shall we press on?"


Tiny time warp for a comment from the other thread. This would happen before Rikka's last statement.

Roshan wrote:
The man lowers his bow a notch but keeps it drawn in your direction. "It may seem strange to you but since the last ones to pay a visit seemed to be a little less than human you'll understand my caution."

Rikka nods politely. "Of course, caution is an asset particularly in the man who guards his comrades." It seems a compliment laced with respect.

Roshan wrote:
Tree-talk.

Rikka watches the tree closely. "I'll take that to mean he speaks none of the common tongue."


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3
Maeltheron Timmerond wrote:
Take it easy there missy. I believe that we are on the same side, and an arrow between your eyes for such a surly attitude would be truly unfortunate.

Charon calmly states

Elven:
"I'm still not sure of your side. Last elf who made that comment had a dagger under his chin before he could pull his bow string. If you want to put away your weapons, I'll do the same."

Rikka Rask wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Rikka pulls a withered apple from the pocket of her dress and feeds it to her horse, patting the creature gently while she considers the swordswoman's paranoia and what may lay beneath it. Her answer, when it comes, is factual. "My blade can't be hired. As for our purpose, it has already been stated - we hunt the shadow creatures. As for our reasons..." She looks among her comrades briefly as if trying to ferret out a single cause, "We each have our own motives... but killing your group is not among them."

The Sarannan looks to Ariella and the Elves, "It seems our help isn't wanted. Shall we press on?"

Charon shrugs "Red, all blades have a price. If you hunt the shadow creatures, I wish you good luck. Hopefully, you're as skilled with that blade on your hip, as you are with your tongue." Charon drops her defensive guard and acts like the other group isn't even there. She looks and moves toward Dolelan and Nera. "Let's gather our things and go. Dolelan we need to gather the other objects, as well. I'd rather not leave things to chance." Charon moves toward the cellar and is done with the conversation.


Slayer/5; AC: 20; HP: 39/39; F: +4, R: +9, W:+1; Init: +6; Perc: +10

Maeltheron slings his bow over his shoulder.

Well,this is certainly not the type of reception that I expected from Wardens fighting for the same cause. Alenthyn, Ariella, talks some sense into the high and mighty, bull-headed woman, would you please?

He throws his hands up and paces back and forth in obvious frustration.


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

Ariella will put away her bow. "I wish you would stay. Our foe is powerful and should we work together we'll all have a better chance at survival. Please, let's communicate."


Hey Mael, I'm not sure we actually know this is the resurrection of the Wardens yet.

Rikka only smiles a little smile and finds herself pleased that at least one cultural divide has been bridged. Blustering popinjays are the same everywhere in this wide world.

She turns to the exasperated archer and, more obliquely, to Ariella then tilts her head in the direction of Dolelan, Nera, and Legiald, "I think she is their headache to remedy - not ours."


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon moves past Dolelan and towards cellar entrance. She'll sheath her rapier and dagger.
Charon states to Maeltheron, "I am no warden sir. I'm some one that prefers to stalk streets and back allies. I'm not here for a "cause". I'm here to pay a debt that is owed. One I will pay back in blood." Charon pauses for a moment to remember that damn scar she has, and almost gives off a expression of anger. Which quickly returns to her typical calm demeanor.
To Ariella comment Charon says, "I'll survive I always do. Talk if you would like to talk. Speak, I'll listen but you will only have a few moments of my/our time." Charon lets off a almost inner sigh. Knowing her group, they'll want to join up. Just means more liabilities, like Leigald. Luckily, Dolelan and Nera have proven to be very useful. Although, Nera seems to be a bit crazy.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Rikka Rask wrote:
Hey Mael, I'm not sure we actually know this is the resurrection of the Wardens yet.

That is correct.


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

I Nera an NPC now? I thought she dropped out.

"Fine. I'll cut to the chase. What are you doing now? May we help?" Ariella replies.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Ariella Moiraine wrote:
I Nera an NPC now? I thought she dropped out.

Both Nera and Legiald are currently being NPCed, though that was only because we hadn't gotten new people. They'll slowly start fading into the background now that the two parties have come into contact.


Slayer/5; AC: 20; HP: 39/39; F: +4, R: +9, W:+1; Init: +6; Perc: +10

My bad on the Warden call. I was grasping at straws to get the damnable woman's attention.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Yea, sorry Charon's not so good with strangers.

Ariella Moiraine wrote:


"Fine. I'll cut to the chase. What are you doing now? May we help?" Ariella replies.

Charon looks Ariella in the eyes, "Right now we're wasting time, but we're going after the thing that created these shadows. Personally, I don't think we need help. The others may argue that fact. If you want to tag along, do so. Just don't get in my way, when we meet their creator." Charon turns around and walks to the cellar, "Dolelan, lets gather our gear and go."


Elven Archivist 5

Dolelan finished what he had been doing to conceal the entrance to the cellar and joined Legaid under Gulorne's canopy. He soon finds it prudent to join the conversation before Charon can drive these potential allies away.

Ariella wrote:
"Fine. I'll cut to the chase. What are you doing now? May we help?" Ariella replies.

"Please pardon us if our caution seems excessive. Since reaching the Folly we've discovered who is responsible for the attacks of the shadow beasts and how they are created. We were also attacked by one of his agents and have become a little wary of strangers. What is the news in Bosh? How is the mayor getting along?"

Dolelan carefully observes the expressions and body language of the newcomers as he claims to know who is responsible for the shadows and asks after the mayor...


Elven Archivist 5

As a note, it may be significant that Nera and Legaid still show significant injuries from the fight yesterday, unless Nera used her wand or had enough castings of infernal healing left to heal everyone.


HP 44/44; AC 20 (T 17, FF 14) +2 vs confirm criticals; CMD 22; Fort +9, Reflex +9, Will +3 ; Perception +0; Init +6; Face/Berserker; Reputation 15

"Bosh was recovering when we left it, I healed the survivors. As for the mayor, I believe he is dead. We didn't meet him in any case. Would you mind sharing the source of this plague, and how they are created? We've yet to actually encounter one of the creatures. I'm quite curious."


Sorry for the absence. Things should be back to normal.

A second elf hops down from a rooftop 100 feet away. He's got to be one of the gangliest elves you've ever seen, and he hits the ground with a strange mix of spryness and long-limbed bounce. Clothed top to bottom in adventuring gear you suspect was once all black but is now a handful of sun-faded dark grays, the white-skinned elf is quite the sight. In his long arms he carries a longbow, with arrows and a blade in the quiver at his back. Sharp eyes just catch the component pouch hanging on his belt. His long gait carries him swiftly over to where Maeltheron and Rikka address the group they've spent days following.

He blinks a few times at the tree, but that's about the extent of his neutral response.

Maeltheron wrote:
"Alenthyn, Ariella, talks some sense into the high and mighty, bull-headed woman, would you please?"

The tall elf's face scrunches up, "Um… uh…" His attempt at diplomacy is earth-shattering, but luckily is lost in the flow of the conversation. He seems fine with it, and generally listens to the conversation without speaking up.


Elven Archivist 5

"There was an artifact brought across the Waking Sea by an evil cult long ago. Last I'd heard of it was a story about a Warden named Xen who fought against the cult many years before I was born, he fell in the struggle but eventually the cult faded to obscurity. Recently the artifact was unearthed by a thoroughly unpleasant self-styled lord named Richard Drivus who fancies himself a magician. He has used the power of the artifact to corrupt the beasts of the forest and turn them into those shadow monsters, and has apparently raised a local adventurer of some renown from his well-earned rest to lead a pack of the shadows. If he can gain enough mastery over the artifact to raise the heroes of the past and command them against the people of Eastmarch... well, I know of things hidden in the Folly that make me very worried about that possibility."


Slayer/5; AC: 20; HP: 39/39; F: +4, R: +9, W:+1; Init: +6; Perc: +10

Hidden in the Folly? If these are items of power you speak of, then why can we not take these things and use them to our own advantage? If not, then we should find this Drivus and what he has already called forth before it gets worse.

Maeltheron takes out his dagger and individually wrapped coins, and he shows them to Dolelan.

What do you make of these?


Dolelan Callennan wrote:
"Please pardon us if our caution seems excessive."

Rikka doesn't interrupt the conversation but she casts a long look at Dolelan when he offers a questionable explanation for the swordswoman's rudeness.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Dolelan Callennan wrote:
As a note, it may be significant that Nera and Legaid still show significant injuries from the fight yesterday, unless Nera used her wand or had enough castings of infernal healing left to heal everyone.

She has nowhere near enough spell slots to do that but she does have a wand of infernal healing 43/50 charges. If anyone wants to keep track it's a charge per 10 hit points.

Keep in mind that for the good characters, infernal healing is an undoubtedly EVIL (all caps) spell. For those that don't mind no problem but it's just a note for anyone who was interested.

701 to 750 of 1,081 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chapter 1: Just Beneath the Surface All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.