Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Call of the Wardens (Inactive)

Game Master Roshan

Reemergence of the Fabled Wardens


1 to 50 of 1,081 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

As you make your way to the small trading town of Bosh that sits on the bank of the mighty Vassa River you come to find that the news you heard was correct. It looks like every farmboy with a sword within a hundred miles of here has shown up, most likely seeking to make their name as a Hero. Glancing around you see that some of those milling about town look quite competent, dressed in fine armor and wielding expensive-looking weapons.

Asking one of the passerby heroes what's going on he tells you "Ain't you heard? the headman's offerin a bag of gold to anyone who deals wit dem shadow beasties, dey only come out at night tho so we waits."


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Purely to get this out of the way.

What do I know about this town?
Knowledge Local;
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

What do I know about "dem shadow beasties"?
Knowledge Arcane; if creature type: (Magical Beast)
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Knowledge Planes; if creature type: (Outsider [shadowplane?])
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Knowledge Dungeoneering; if creature type: (Aberration)
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Knowledge Religion; if creature type: (Undead)
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Looking for any interesting info on the town and any particular danger/strength or weakness/vulnerability of "shadow beasties"


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Nera Turvian wrote:
Purely to get this out of the way.

the best you gather from such a detailed description is that they're associated with shadows, whether that is a purely aesthetic thing or a more integral relationship as in a creature from the shadow plane you're not sure.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Okay, first post.

Game Start

As you all find yourselves in the small town of Bosh, now quite crowded with the influx of heroes you wander around town. The armed adventurers that walk the streets stand out quite obviously from the plainly dressed townfolk. You all notice that while many of them are armed to the teeth not many of them seem to be in aggressive postures, asking around (or not depending on your character, you could have overheard this in passing) you quickly learn that the creatures only seem to come out at night. Looking skyward you see that the sun sits high in the sky, far from nightfall.

What would you care to do? As far as you can tell the danger that the townsfolk and heroes alike keep on talking about is but on the horizon and you have a brief respite in which to arm, eat, and prepare for the coming darkness.


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5
Roshan wrote:
"Ain't you heard? the headman's offerin a bag of gold to anyone who deals wit dem shadow beasties, dey only come out at night tho so we waits."

At the comment of gold for work Nera perks up from her ussual debilitating shyness, "ummm good sir....ummmmmm sir" she says in barely above a whisper to the man who made the comment while he obvious doesn't register her meek reply she tries again, "Ummm SIR!... ummm... I sorta....would like to know.... umm.... if it wouldn't be a bother.... you know... where to find this headman or where I might.... you know... sign up to collect the bounty" she stammers out embarrassed as she stares intently at the dirt below her feet.

She then begins to twiddle her fingers and adds, ".......or you know if that's too much trouble if you could possibly maybe direct me to where I can find a place to stay for the night and get a beverage." stated quite hurriedly as if pulling a tooth quickly to get the conversation over with as quickly as possible.

(Make a Simple Request)Diplomacy;
1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

He stops walking as he and his friends stop and turn to look at you, he looks you up and down, his gaze lingering a little bit but not so much as to cause insult."Yea" one of them says."It be that way, next to the butcher." Says the first one that was talking about the creatures.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3
Roshan wrote:
Asking one of the passerby heroes what's going on he tells you "Ain't you heard? the headman's offerin a bag of gold to anyone who deals wit dem shadow beasties, dey only come out at night tho so we waits."

So night time, huh? thinks Charon. I'll have to find something to keep myself entertained. Lots of people also means good chance I'll find someone with some skill or at least a blade.

Watching for any reaction to the statement from the man talking about the bounty, carefully keeps herself hidden in the crowd.
Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

Witnessing Nera's reaction and listening to his response, Charon steps up to the man, almost in between him and Nera, and says, "Sorry about the elf good sir, She's a little soft spoken."

Quietly and quickly, to Nera, in elven "Just play along."
Bluff(Secret Messages): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

To the man, quickly follows up,"We're traveling through and hoping if your group would be so kind to help. Seeing that this shadow talk of yours, has frightened my soft-spoken friend here. (bluff=1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14) I'm sure Nera would gladly reward you in some way for any information you could give me on the shadows and possibly a good Inn to keep us safe and well on our way."


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

In case it was unclear you guys are strangers to one another, unless you decide to have known each other beforehand, which is totally fine. Just thought i'd point that out.

You see their eyebrows raise as they all show this questioning glance and slowly nod before turning back to their conversations.


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

we'll just pretend you replaced "Nera" with "she" Charon unless their is some crazy dubious way she knows Nera's name.

Nera's eyes widen in absolute horror....

She turns to the man....

then back to Charon....

then back to the man......

She remarks to Charon in elvish with a panicked voice, "WHY?! WHY WOULD YOU LIE LIKE THAT!??!?! For no reason!" 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15 (secret messege; Bluff)

Turning ever more pale she swallows the lump in her throat before staring at the man like a deer in headlights as slowly nods her head up and down a little sweat forming on her forehead, corroborating the random woman's story. 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15 (Bluff check)

Suddenly she turns pale as she thinks to herself, "what if the man speaks elvish..."

Wild thoughts, improbable thoughts, of violent overreaction on the part of the man rampage throughout her head each one more progressively more violent and ridiculous.

Self Imposed Will save for fear effect; (DC 11)
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

She clutches Charon's traveling cloak in fear just able to contain herself.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Okay, as you finished asking your questions everyone kind of just starting going about their business, however as you randomly start yelling everyone in the square just stops and looks at you, the gaze of at least 20 people fall upon the both of you.

Most of them wear curious or speculative looks but all of them have this look on their faces like "What just happened....?"


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

To the GM OOC:
I traded out Color Spray for Vanish in spells prepared for the day if that's ok. As I doubt spells prepared will make any difference as we're simply equipping/RPing at the moment and it's purely for role-playing purposes as I'll likely not use it in combat/encounters for the day. I honestly hadn't put any thought into preparation before starting as I threw it up during character creation.

Self imposed Will save for fear effect; (DC 20)
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

In a panic Nera quickly under her breath mentions to the odd woman "It was nice meeting you miss" before muttering an incantation and casting Vanish as she seemingly disappears.

She runs down the street at a breakneck speed dodging between others before rushing into the nearest tavern that the man had pointed out becoming visible again just after she slams the door behind her.

Huffing exhausted and parched from the brief sprint she hurriedly walks up to the bar with great purpose before stating, "I need a drink"


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Charon:
Charon, you see this woman that you tried to help out thank you and vanish from sight, you see a small dust trail leading off into the town but is quickly obscured by the small poofs of dust kicked up by the people milling about town. You're left standing there alone.

Nera:
That's fine

You step into the tavern, again with the random looks that seem to say "I wonder what she's running from" but for the most part they seem pretty indeferent. You walk up to the bar and a burly bartender with a potbelly sets down a tumbler he was cleaning, slinging the rag over his shoulder he says "What'll ya have?"

It's still kind of early but I hope we get the other people to start posting soon.


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Nera eyes the dirty rag suspiciously.....Sense motive (on the rag); 1d20 ⇒ 6

She then replies, "Oh ummm.... I'd like some tea if you have some, but if that's too much trouble I'll take any kind of juice. OH! But if that's still too much trouble I'll just take water. And if it wouldn't be too much trouble could I have a cup of sugar too? Oh and not to be a bother but, may I inquire about a room? she stammers out.

Suddenly her tummy growls, "........it appears I'm quite hungry too." She then adds, "You couldn't possibly have something I could eat? I'd prefer something that isn't meat if.... you know... it wouldn't be too much trouble"


Monday morning for me. I'll be posting fairly regularly.

Legiald's own gaze falls upon the shouting elf along with the others. As Charon is left behind by Nera, Legiald approaches the woman.

"Looks like you startled the elf," he comments to Charon and the adventurer. Looking around at the crowd, he raises his hands in a half-shrug and smile in an attempt to dispel the attention. "Flighty, ain't 'em?" He turns his attention toward the adventurer with a slight nod. "You didn't mean to cause problems, I'm sure." Charon's appearance catches his eyes, only for a moment. Rapiers and mithral chain shirt hidden from the passing gaze, but not quick examination. His shrug falls as he stops near the woman.

His own overall appearance is similar to Charon's. A dark grey hooded cloak loosely covers most of his equipment barring a greatsword, composite bow and quiver set on the back of his shoulders. Covering his chest, a smooth breastplate reflects a dim blue hue, small ornamental engravings near the waist and neck rims. Dark leather boots reach up to his knees, the rest of his legs covered in black cloth. Sleeveless, only leather guards are strapped to his arms, right hand covered by a gauntlet wrapped once with a bandage. His arms have mild bulk that oppose the thin features of and face. Roughly shaved, shoulder length dark brown hair swept back and loose, light skinned with pale brown eyes, and small scar over the side his left brow, he looks modestly clean for the role. His voice is clear and commanding, yet softer than that of a typical soldier.

"I'm Legiald Galsaran, professional treasure and bounty hunter. Slayer of the bugbears of Kaleton. I was hoping to lend my aid to someone looking to challenge these shades for a fair split of the earnings."


Male Human Sorcerer 4th (Accursed bloodline)

Lugrdo had almost been reaching out for the handle of the bar's door when it suddenly jerked open and slammed shut, apparently of it's own accord.

"Odd." he says simply to himself. He steps forward and enters the building in time to see the nervous-looking elf girl stammering through an order. He walks calmly to the bar and waits his turn, not lowering the hood of his cloak.

"That sounds refreshing." he says in a smooth voice. "I will also take some tea. With honey, mind. And a plate of bread and cheese, maybe some fruit if you've any available."

He nods to the elf girl, long strands of his lank hair spilling out from the confines of his hood. He raises a hand and absently starts twirling it, then apparently noticing or remebering the ugly greenish tinge of his skin he stuffs his hands nervously up his sleeves.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Nera Turvian wrote:

It's just a rag to wipe down the glasses

The barman huffs and crosses his arms, he answers "Look, girlie, you can't be jumpin every which way, give me a straight answer, what'll you have?"

Lugdro wrote:

The barman, appearing even more huffed up says "We ain't got fruit. We got bread, stew, and drinks, and none of them sissy drinks either."


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3
Legiald Galsaran wrote:

Monday morning for me. I'll be posting fairly regularly.

Legiald's own gaze falls upon the shouting elf along with the others. As Charon is left behind by Nera, Legiald approaches the woman.

"Looks like you startled the elf," he comments to Charon and the adventurer. Looking around at the crowd, he raises his hands in a half-shrug and smile in an attempt to dispel the attention. "Flighty, ain't 'em?" He turns his attention toward the adventurer with a slight nod. "You didn't mean to cause problems, I'm sure." Charon's appearance catches his eyes, only for a moment. Rapiers and mithral chain shirt hidden from the passing gaze, but not quick examination. His shrug falls as he stops near the woman.

His own overall appearance is similar to Charon's. A dark grey hooded cloak loosely covers most of his equipment barring a greatsword, composite bow and quiver set on the back of his shoulders. Covering his chest, a smooth breastplate reflects a dim blue hue, small ornamental engravings near the waist and neck rims. Dark leather boots reach up to his knees, the rest of his legs covered in black cloth. Sleeveless, only leather guards are strapped to his arms, right hand covered by a gauntlet wrapped once with a bandage. His arms have mild bulk that oppose the thin features of and face. Roughly shaved, shoulder length dark brown hair swept back and loose, light skinned with pale brown eyes, and small scar over the side his left brow, he looks modestly clean for the role. His voice is clear and commanding, yet softer than that of a typical soldier.

"I'm Legiald Galsaran, professional treasure and bounty hunter. Slayer of the bugbears of Kaleton. I was hoping to lend my aid to someone looking to challenge these shades for a fair split of the earnings."

Charon doesn't know Nera, just using name for directions and actions that were taken.

That went quite unexpected, Charon thought. She seemed fairly weak-willed and I thought I could bend it to my benefit, I'll have to keep an eye out for her later.

Quickly to Legiald, "They defiantly seem so. Next time please consider, it was not I that created the distrubance. It was that elf girl. Either way, well met. I'm Charon. Before you ask just Charon will do. It is what my friends and foes use. There are not many of either anymore. For now, I'll tag along. Hopefully, your as skilled with those weapons you choose to carry as the titles you carry.

To the group of travelers," I think I pass on advice and inn choices. If a soft-spoken elf girl can leave you speechless, maybe you weren't a group I was looking to get advice from. Good day.

To the onlookers," Sorry the elf girl is a little crazy. Please go on about your business."


Male Human Sorcerer 4th (Accursed bloodline)

Lugdro slides his hands out from his sleeves and lowers his hood. He glares balefully at the barmen with dark, sunken eyes like smouldering fires over a scowl on his green-tinged face. His voice is a low grow as he stares down the man.

"Look...friend. I'm just a traveler looking for some food. This lady seems to be in similar straits." he reaches into his belt pouch and fishes out three gold coins that he plunks on the counter for emphasis. "How about you bustle your lumpy self back to the kitchen, bring us some bread, stew, and some mead. See if you can't find a nice counter to shelve you foul demeanor to your customers, as well. I would hate to have to disabuse you of your belief that because I enjoy tea, I am myself a sissy." He drags his tongue across his, sharp, jagged teeth and gives a feral snarl.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Elven Archivist 5

The elf stepped off the riverboat and stretched his legs strolling around Bosh's bustling docks. It had been a relatively short journey down the Vassa from Hobb, and it seemed he was hardly the only one who had made his way here to investigate the shadows. After a helpful soul fills him in about the bag of gold being offered, he just sighs. The headman must be desperate to invite all of these armed strangers into town... hopefully all of these "adventurers" won't get in the way of his research.

Dolelan mentally reviews what he already knows about the Jackal’s Folly then sets about reprovisioning and getting a room before he continues his travels West in the morning. He eyes a few of the aspiring heroes speculatively; perhaps he could convince a few of them to travel with him into the badlands. There was a certain safety in numbers...

Knowledge: Geography for information about the Jackal's Folly: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

Is there a temple or church of some sort in town?


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Dolelan:
Dolelan Callennan wrote:

Dolelan mentally reviews what he already knows about the Jackal’s Folly

Knowledge: Geography for information about the Jackal's Folly: 1d20+14

You know that Jackal's Folly is a place of twisted trees and vile creatures. Often, due to it's relatively isolated geography it plays host to one brigand or another before the local militia or guard patrol cleans them out.

Dolelan Callennan wrote:
Is there a temple or church of some sort in town?

Yes, one of the larger buildings near the center of town that acts as a place of worship, the temple is modeled in the shape of a star, with the end of each point representing a shrine to a good deity with pews stretching to the center of the star with a break in the pews to allow people to come and go easily. The entrance is lined with numerous other local deities and spirits that the villagers here hold in esteem.

The major gods represented here are:

Abadar
Desna
Erastil
Iomedae
Seranrae


Charon wrote:

"Mmm. It seems everyone expects the shades to come out at night. We could stand to find more insight than that. I'd rather not face such creatures without the words of a mage or priest, too- or do you have talent in spells? ...I'll visit the temple to see if any can be picked up there. If you don't want to, I'll be at the inn an hour before sundown at the latest."

With that said and awaiting her response, Legiald heads to the temple. He places a silver coin in one of the donation boxes upon arrival. In the following hours, he attempts to glean information about the shades from locals and the clerics in and around the temple. Who they've attacked, what they left behind, descriptions, anything in addition to the nightly appearances. All the while, he kept an eye out for any individuals who could be useful in combating them...

Gather Information: 1d4 ⇒ 4 hours spent, 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Legiald:
Legiald Galsaran wrote:

In the following hours, he attempts to glean information about the shades from locals and the clerics in and around the temple. Who they've attacked, what they left behind, descriptions, anything in addition to the nightly appearances. All the while, he kept an eye out for any individuals who could be useful in combating them...

Gather Information: 1d4 hours spent, 1d20+1

You spend a while listening in and learn that several smaller thorps have reportedly been attacked, most of this is gossip overheard by frightful villagers.

There aren't any dedicated priests at this temple, they have caretakers for sure but mostly it's a place for worship, not dedicated sermons or any other religious rites (except in the case of death which the caretakers can act as a lay priests).


Elven Archivist 5

Dolelan first pays his respects at Desna's altar, thanking the Great Dreamer for safe travel and good fortune. His next task is to procure lodging- something he fears might be near-impossible with the large number of travelers flocking to Bosh for that damned bag of gold. Speak of the devil... on his way out of the temple he's approached by one of the adventurers, asking him about the Shadows.

"Personally, I think it's just the usual set of bandits and low-lives holed up in the Jackal's Folly. I figure they have an illusionist working with them this time and are taking advantage of the local superstitions to blame their depredations on mythical monsters."

Dolelan looks over the fellow over: his equipment seems in good repair, but there was so *much* of it. Two swords? One of them almost as tall as himself?! The man had a warrior's build but looked a little on the frail side... Dolelan privately wondered if he could even swing that beastly weapon. Still, he seemed generally competent and had been asking the right sort of questions...

I'm organizing an expedition out to the badlands around Jackal's Folly, a fair journey West of here, to get to the bottom of this. Interested in coming along?


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Dolelan Callennan wrote:

Legiald I think he's talking to you.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Charon Warblade wrote:
To the onlookers," Sorry the elf girl is a little crazy. Please go on about your business."

Most of them go back to their business, a few still give lingering glances but eventually they resume their own conversations and go about their day.


"Looking for a few myself. I've one other so far, but I'm looking for a lad who can lend a spell or two. We'll be at the inn about an hour before sundown to see what we've got, if you'd like to consider working together. Name's Legiald Galsaran." He offers his hand for a handshake. "Slayer of the bugbears of Kaleton." He gives Dolelan a moment to introduce himself.


Elven Archivist 5

The elf returns the handshake firmly, My name is Dolelan. I've studied magic for most of my life and I have a small repertoire of spells that might be useful. I'll stop by the inn in the evening to discuss the journey, in the mean time I need to see to provisioning...

Dolelan will speak with a few merchants about purchasing two mules with pack saddles, along with several days supplies of trail food, feed for the mules, and water. (Approximately 30gp)

Once that's taken care of it's off to the inn to see about a room for the night, and to see how many of the local heroes he can talk into traveling with him.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Lugdro wrote:

He drags his tongue across his, sharp, jagged teeth and gives a feral snarl.

Intimidate: 1d20+10

He returns the look with one of his own, as he grins you see a like of teeth of all shapes and sizes, mostly tinted a yellowish green save the few that are either gold or missing. He runs his own tongue along his teeth and you see that the tip has either been cut or bitten off.

He slides over the order to both you and the small elf girl and says "Look, I been dealin with your kind all day that likes to play the cool adventurer, alls I ask for is a clear request and gold in my hand." He takes the gold coins, testing each of them with his teeth to see of they're fake, satisfied he tucks them into his dirty apron and heads down to another part of the bar to help out someone else.

Dolelan Callennan wrote:
Once that's taken care of it's off to the inn to see about a room for the night, and to see how many of the local heroes he can talk into traveling with him.

You head towards the nearest inn and find it filled to capacity, in fact as you poke your heads inside the rooms you find that some people have curled up into chairs with their belongings, have full drinks in front of them.

You hop from inn to inn, trying to find one with less than "people sleeping on the floor" levels. You finally come to an inn that seems to be only mostly full and come across one and see it full of interesting folk.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Everyone

Okay, as Dolelan and Legiald step into the bar you all freeze for a second, your bodies tense up for some strange reason as if expecting something. Suddenly a searing pain shoots through your chests just beneath your collar bones. It feels as if someone is taking a burning hot iron and carving out chunks of your body. Will save (DC 14) to avoid screaming out in pain. Your visions start swimming if you haven't already clenched your eyes shut and you lose track of yourselves, absently you all feel a dull thud as you crash to the floor in spectacular fashion but already the pain has causes you to lose consciousness. Just before you drift into unconsciousness you hear the scraping of wood on wood as people rush to help you.

As you awaken you all feel an ache where the pain once was and as you twitch getting up your skin stings and feels tight around your collar bone. Looking down you see that your shirts are damp with sweat and colored a light pinkish color as the blood mixed with the sweat. If you check the spot where it hurt you see this strange looking wound. Looking around you find yourselves in a collection of beds in a strange room illuminated by softly glowing candles on the bedside tables near each bed. Glancing towards the open window you see that the sun has set.


Male Human Sorcerer 4th (Accursed bloodline)

Lugdro's darkened features break into a good-natured laugh. "Fair enough. Fair enough. Still, lambasting new clientele isn't in your best interests for repeat business in your establishment." As the hostler withdraws, the ugly young sorcerer gives a sideways smile to the elf girl and shrugs "Ah, well, it was an effort, anyways. The place is rather crowded. Please feel free to join me at that table, if you wish. It looks as though the place is filling right up." He ambles over to one of the only remaining vacant tables and takes a chair.


Elven Archivist 5

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Dolelan's briefly shrieks before he is quickly overwhelmed with pain. When he wakes up, he doesn't quite know what to do with himself. He has been in his share of doctor's beds and knows that one shouldn't push an injury until it is healed, but on the other hand he doesn't feel ill and he can't imagine what had overcome him.

He carefully pokes the area of the injury as he sits up in bed and looks around to see if his gear is anywhere nearby... and sees several of the adventurers from the inn in the other beds.

"What happened? Were we attacked?"


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

I'm assuming I rented a room and paid for good food at the base price so I should be short maxim 1 Gold, unless this is the most expensive tavern in existence or something.

Nera's eyes widen in horror for the second time that day as apparently her request is about to result in a fight between what will become her new companion and the inn-keeper.

She turns to the scary looking fellow at the bar as the inn keeper fetches their food."Whatever he brings back to us please don't start anything with the poor man mister.....errrrrmmm.. uhhhh... sissy... was it?, with a smaller whisper. She then takes her food and quietly joins the odd man at the table.

She stares over the the moldy old bread for a moment before turning back and giving the scary looking sissy man a polite smile. She then takes a sip of what can hardly be considered "tea" (it's probably ale) before wrenching at the taste of it.

Abandoning all hope for the refreshments she tentatively takes a small bite of the crusty bread when suddenly pain wroughts its way through her body. (Obviously a side effect of the fine menu)

Will Save;
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

She suddenly stands up knocking over the plate as she grabs her blade for comfort before crumpling to the floor.

Kinda got ninja'd on this one here


Male Human Sorcerer 4th (Accursed bloodline)

Will save1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

"Oh, don't worry, dear girl... I was just trying to open his eyes to a little civility. Of course, it can backfire but that's the chance you take sometimes. And no, my name isn't 'sissy', it' Lugd-" He breaks and gives a rapid intake of breath as his shoulders jar and spasm with the wave of pain. The chair screeches out from under him and he falls to the floor and into darkness.

As consciousness swims back to him, he pulls himself up to a sitting position, weaving like he may swoon back into oblivion. "What the blistering hells was that?? Did someone tattoo me? Who are you people?"


1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Legiald's cry of pain matches Dolelan's, just managing to pull his hands up slightly before falling to the ground.

The ache sirs Legiald from his painful rest. Touching his forehead first and then assessing the situation, he slowly pulls himself up.

"Damn... branded for entering an inn. That'll top my list." The dark picture out the windows draw him, and he gazes out, only briefly assessing the other's similar predicament. "No idea what happened, but at least I remember most of you." He then motions to Lugdro. "Except you. I'm Legiald, professional treasure and bounty hunter."


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Dolelan Callennan wrote:
He carefully pokes the area of the injury as he sits up in bed and looks around to see if his gear is anywhere nearby...

What you weren't wearing is leaning against the base of your bed.

Nera Turvian wrote:
I'm assuming I rented a room and paid for good food at the base price so I should be short maxim 1 Gold, unless this is the most expensive tavern in existence or something.

As far as food, lodging, and spell components go anything average or below is pretty much just written off. If you want to stay in somewhere special or eat really good food i'll charge you but otherwise I'd rather not do the recordkeeping on how much you spent for a biscuit at breakfast.

You all begin to stir from your beds, pushing back the slight sheets covering you. Sweat coats most of your brows and your muscles feel a little tight.

Perception Checks


Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Spiffy free meal! My black blade is an intelligent item that can communicate telepathically with Nera. Intelligent items have sense and can roll perception checks on things within 30ft, however if they're in their sheath or otherwise covered they are considered blinded.

Nera grasps for air as her eyes quickly dart around the room looking for her beloved.

Perception;
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

"Walter" attempts to find Nera.
BB-Perception
1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8

She groans, "uggghhhhh... that was the worst food I have ever had the misfortune of eating...."

She then pauses feeling the wound in her skin... "WHATS THIS!?!?" she screams.


Male Human Sorcerer 4th (Accursed bloodline)

Perception Checks 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Shortly after her meeting with Legiald, Charon went to the inn in which they would meet up. Wouldn't hurt to have another head or body on what's going on here. Quietly and stealthy as possible she enters the bar and finds the most hidden spot she can find.
(stealth=1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14)

Nodding at Legiald to let him know that she is here, as he comes through the door.
(will save:1d20 ⇒ 8(dc=14))
Charon crys out in pain and falls to the ground.

Upon waking Charon jumps up immediately. Blades drawn in a fluid motion, she finds the closest thing to a defensible position.

(perception= 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17)

Seeing Legiald, the soft-spoken elf and a mess of strangers. Charon, with a rapier pointed at Legiald's direction, states, "Legiald, if this is some trick or if you have an enemy I don't know about, you'll be the first to feel my blades. You asked me to meet you at this damned Inn! I have this strange scar! Explain yourself!"

To the soft-spoken elf, " Stop screaming. That is no way to get the answers you seek. Or did your escapades earlier not teach you that?
Charon doesn't see Nera as a threat, nor the cause.

Charon seems unsteady and is quite shaken.


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10

Those who rolled a 15 or higher hear a persistent yet random clanging on the breeze. Looking around for a moment you see that besides you folks in the beds this room seems to be empty.


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

I assume our gear is all near us or at bedside?

Nera immediately quiets upon charon's instruction. She then turns to her beloved and pulls the blade out of it's sheath it's shadowy black metal reflecting less light than normal. She instantly becomes calmer more serene as she caresses it gently in her hands.

She turns to Charon, "Miss ummm errr ...... crazy liar lady?.... yes.... well it seems we're all in this strange situation together at the moment....correct?"

She stands up suddenly more confident and bold than previously holding her blade in her hands, "I suggest a new course of action aside from brandishing our own weapons about each other, instead let's find out why are in this situation we find ourselves unexpectedly placed." she pauses for a breath before continuing "...and if we can't manage that lets find our way out of this place" she pauses once more glancing at her scimitar "...and of course if we encounter any that wish to do us harm we should instead do unto them instead.".....she then looks at her blade a little puzzled "....or....ummm...if we can't do that...at least maim them a little bit." she says unsure at the last part.

She then pauses as if out of cue cards and glances at her sword then back to the rest of the group then back to her sword...

"Oh yeah I almost forgot... I'm Nera Turvian.. an overqualified professional swordswoman for hire...and monster hunter" she says unbelievably "...and this is Walter"...she motions towards her sword with complete seriousness as if expecting you all to acknowledge it as person.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Glancing back at Nera and the posture she had taken, Charon with the sudden shift realizes there my be a bit more to this soft-spoken elf. Not near as weak-willed as Charon thought. With blades still pointed at Legiald and the weird greenish person.

To Nera,"I would say at least some of us are in this 'situation' as you call it. But I'm not going to lay my swords down based on your advice. I still want answers from Legiald and these other two. Also, earlier was a misunderstanding. I was hoping to get information from that group with you interjected with your mumbling. I tried to turn it around for the best, but I didn't expect you to have a backbone at that moment. I am sorry I miss judged you."

Seeing the curved black scimitar of Nera, Charon says, "I will work with you for now. I hope, you don't make me regret it." Charon says to herself, "Walter, I'll have to remember that name." Again to Nera, "I am Charon. I have no title because none is needed. Although, at a later date I would love to test your swordswomanship. Perhaps we could bet blades or Walter?"

To everyone else, "Can anyone vouch for this half orc like thing before I put it out of it's misery? If he is someones pack mule I'd hate for you to have to carry your stuff."


Legiald's eyes widen at the accusation. As Nera speaks before him, he shakes his head, making sense of Charon's claims. He puts one hand up in a dismissive wave toward Charon, only to let it down quickly from the tense discomfort before speaking.

"I've not earned myself enemies that could do the likes of this, nay. Nor given anyone reason enough to do so."

He stands and rubs the back of his neck, frowning. His own misery was readily apparent now in his mild movement. "Further, I did not know Nera Turvian or this half orc - let alone seen him before. Yet, here they are. And what sort of retributive mark would this wound be? It looks more like a simple coat of arms. Regardless, Charon, let me take a look at your burn. With a bit of luck I might be able to keep it from becoming a scar. You might have avoided this if you hadn't gone to the inn, so its the least I could do for now."

He turns toward his pack, rummaging through it, oblivious of the foreboding sounds and empty beds.


Male Human Sorcerer 4th (Accursed bloodline)

Lugdro rolls his eyes at Charon's abusive bravado "I am not a half-orc, madam, and I need no more vouching than do you. I was born of a human twining, same as most, just cursed by a hag while still in my mother's womb. And I'm no pack mule anymore than you are just an over-stuffed supersillious stumpet. I weave magics. The curse I've born from birth has given me certain... abilities; and I plan on sheparding them to take bloody retrubution on the hag that ruined my family. My name is Lugdro. I've no idea where we are or why."

He turns his attention to Nera "I apologize for not getting the opportunity to introduce myself before, Nera. It's a pleasure meeting you... and... Walter, although, the actual dynamics of the situation are very peculiar."


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

Charon lowers her blade in Legiald's direction. She calmly states,"I'll take you at your word."

Charon looks down at the burn and frowns. Charon crossly says, "Leave it be. It will reminded me of my mistake, if it remains. It is dawn and I hear a chime. We have time to ponder this later. I'd rather not have that weak group of adventures, we ran into earlier, claim what should be ours. After we can sort this out and return the favor to those who did this."

Staring back at Lugdro for a moment, pondering quickly to see if it is a made up story, Charon shrugs it off. If he is a half-orc or just some spell plagued being, it's not worth her time. Charon says, "Lugdro, I care nothing for your personal story. You look like a half-orc, although you maybe a bit prettier. At this moment, we're all at a disadvantage. If this hag of yours caused this, I will hold you responsible. Otherwise, I would imagine we're here for same reason. I don't intend to be here when the people who put us here come back. I would suggest you all do the same."


Male Human Sorcerer 4th (Accursed bloodline)

Could you provide a description of the room, please? Windows, doors, oubliettes?


Male Human Oracle of the Heavens 20/Horizon Walker 10
Lugdro wrote:

Could you provide a description of the room, please? Windows, doors, oubliettes?

It's a plain room with wooden floors, it's unpainted and aside from the beds and bedside tables seems relatively spartan. A door to the left of the beds seems to lead outside (same wall as the window) while a door directly opposite leads inside.

Lugdro:
You think that while this is totally something hags would do it seems a bit impersonal, they delight in seeing people at their worst and while this may be a precursor to a bigger plan of theirs it doesn't quite fit their MO

Nera Turvian wrote:
I assume our gear is all near us or at bedside?
Roshan wrote:
What you weren't wearing is leaning against the base of your bed.

As you continue to converse the sound of clanging gets even louder, what was once a faint sound on the breeze has grown to a hum, you also hear several loud grunts and cries. Those familar with the sound of fighting immediately recognize them as sounds of battle.


Male Human Sorcerer 4th (Accursed bloodline)

Lugdro shrugs non-commitally "I don't discount any level of deviltry from hags, Charon, but this doesn't have the intimacy of a scheme by Ditchwater Weesa and her coven. We're also quite far removed from her territory. But thank you for the threat and I expect you will be equally magnanimous if this turns out to be a plot from one of your former foes and we can all hold you responsible. Now, if you're done posturing, maybe we should check out whatever is causing that din without."

He shoulders his backpack, straps his morningstar on his belt, and draws forth a thin wand made of a knotted ash branch with a glowing orange crystal set in the end. He moves toward the window to see what he can see outside.


Female Human Two-Weapon Fighter- 2/Rogue- 3

To Lugdro, " All my foes are dead, along with a good number of others. If it proves to be one of them, I'll be more surprised than you. Either way I agree we need to figure out what's going on outside."

Charon moves toward the window as well, to get a glimpse of what is happening out there. Charon sees the wand and cringes a bit. I can't stand orcs. I can't stand magic. And there is a damn orc-like magic user infront of me. *deep sigh*


Female Elf (Forelorn) Blade-Bound Magus 5

Nera seems interested by the banter, but while it's going on she casts detect magic scanning the room for anything obviously not one of her fellow cohorts possessions.

She remarks to Charon, "You wouldn't like walter.....he's finicky about he lets who hold him."

She then turns to Lugdro..."A hag....." she says for a moment before trailing off.

She then turns to the rest of the party...."Ummm... I know it may be a bit forward... but would any of you mind if I warded you all with an invisible mark....if we run into a shape shifter....like umm... hag...or something...I'd like to you know.... have a method for distinguishing you all from a poly-morphed beast of pure evil and wickedness...you know if you don't mind or anything."

If there are no complaints she'll cast arcane mark on all those that allow her to do so, it should only take a few brief seconds. Unaltered it should last for 1 month.

She gathers up her necessities while idling rubbing the new painful scar.

Hearing strange noises she remarks "Ummm I think we should find out whats going on.....miss li-...Charon would you please lead the way..."

1 to 50 of 1,081 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chapter 1: Just Beneath the Surface All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.