Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Caffeine_Addict's Legacy of Fire (Inactive)

Game Master Andrew Van Werkhoven

Legacy of Fire adventure path


301 to 350 of 429 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Mirah's Acid splash splashes harmlesly around the Pugwampi King.

Even I'm getting sick of these Pugwampis at this point >.>


Male Human Cleric/1

Bahram continues to summon water onto the fire

Grand Lodge

Bahram summons more water at the fire, keeping it from growing further.

As you battle the Pugwampi you hear running steps on the cobble of the main hall, turning around you see two of the mercs from the camp dashing into the chapel. 'Almah sent us to see what the hell you're doing? Do you want to alert the entire desert with smoke signals?' the one you recognize as Dullen barks. 'What's the situation here, how can we help out?'


Cahal feels a growing anger wash over him. He lets the energy flow and enter his limbs as he sends his axe crashing in a great arc towards the Pug King.

Rage round 1/5
Greataxe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 OR 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24; 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Ah!

Grand Lodge

Cahals axe smashes into the King with great force, causing him to squeel with pain. Immediately the other two Pugwampi come running to help and lash out at Cahal with their tiny daggers, both of them sliding harmlessly off his armor.

The two mercs dash up the ladder to lend a hand.

Aisha and Dhakir, your go.


Cahal grins: "Do you feel lucky? Well, do you Pug!"


Male Human Fighter 1

Seeing his allies take the fight to the pugs in the rafters, Dhakir begins climbing the ladder to join the fray, his spear still clutched in one hand.

Grand Lodge

The King continues to swing his oversized warhammer at Cahal, and misses clumsely again.

Next groups turn, Mirah, Mahmoud, Cahal and Bahram. Also Aisha.
Nearly there guys, Learned a few things about PbP combat me thinks, hopefully next time wont drag on anywhere near as long.


Female Human Sorcerer 1

Round DIE, PUGWAMPIS, DIE!!

Unable to summon any more Frost Bolts, Mirah continues to unleash Splashes of Freezing water against the remaining Pugwampis, ignoreing the blaze that is starting to spread until all enemies have been defeated.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
1d3 ⇒ 3

Grand Lodge

As Mirah focuses hard on hitting the Pugwampis it pays off, another one dropping dead.

P2 is dead


Male Human Cleric/1

Bahram continues to fight the fire he started..


Male Human Rogue/1

Mahmoud makes his way towards the King.


Cahal smiles as luck has finally decided to smile upon him. He shifts his axe to his left and cuts in an upward diagonal, timing the blade with his own momentum.

Rage: 2/7
Greataxe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 OR 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Grand Lodge

Bahrams water seems to be containing the fire, he has managed to drive it away from the wooden beams and there now seems little chance of the infrastructure catching alight.

Mahmoud, sorry, I'm a little confused. You were on the bottom binding the fallen Pugwampi last, right? There is one ladder on AM7, which you would need to get to the king. Yet where you've placed yourself would have meant crossing to the ladder, climbing, and running past the King and through 2 Pugwampi, 3 attacks of opportunity. I can't quite remember your last position, but if you'd like to re-move your guy that'd be great, if you need any help with the layout at all I'll explain it in greater detail. Fighting on two levels is a challenge to put across easily.

Cahal's luck finally seems to have taken a turn for the better, as his final swing at the King slices clean through his head (Like this scene from Underworld, watch from 3:50 into the video ;)).

Grand Lodge

The tiny remaining creatures remaining resolve is shattered as their King dies, they try to flee, but in their haste leave themselves wide open to attack from the Mercs, who make land several lucky blows, killing them.

The Pugwampis now dead, you start to realising you are feeling lightheaded staying up in the rafters with the foul smelling smoke. Coughing the Mercs make their way down the ladder...

The fire in the corner, thanks to Bahram, is now all but finished. There is a large chunk of smoldering tent which has fallen to the lower level, but the upper rafters are safe.

OK, Combat is now officially over. Sorry for the length guys, I've picked up some ideas on running a PbP during this so it doesn't get bogged down. Everyone who can I'd like a post every day, if you can't, just let me know and we'll work something out. And I'll try make sure I keep things rolling along.


Cahal pushes the king's corpse from the rafters, watching it crumple down. He then makes his way to their lair to empty it.


Male Human Rogue/1

Sorry, got a little confused. If I could...rewind me back to the bound pug, please. Sorry again.


Female Human (Keleshite) Conjurer (Teleporter) 1

I'm deeply sorry I was out for so long, had one of the most awful weeks imaginable and couldn't really bring myself to play pathfinder, or anything at all. Well, now it's all over and beside me (kinda) and I'm ready to give this game the attention it deserve! I'll try my best to post at least once a day.

Glad the fight is finally over, Aisha checks if any of the pugwampis is carrying anything useful or valuable.

Grand Lodge

Aisha manages to scavange about 50 arrows, half a dozen small daggers and the same number of shortbows off the Pugwampis. As she is picking the last of the arrows off the Pugwampi near the fallen ball of skulls something shiny catches her eye and she pulls out an uncut garnet from a dried excised gnoll lung.

Cahal finds a tiny breastplate on the King, as well as a small Warhammer which looks of excellent craftsmanship, and a Longbow with 20 arrows.

Meanwhile Mahmoud stands over the bound Pugwampi, who appears to be bleeding out fast.

If anyone wants to search the rest of the chapel, give me a perception.


Male Human Cleric/1

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Bahram looks around the chapel. He then moves over to the altar, where he begins to clean it, and if it needs it, casts repair upon it to bring it back to its original condition.


Female Human (Keleshite) Conjurer (Teleporter) 1

Perception:
Aisha
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Isis
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

Seeing Bahram intent on restoring the altar, Aisha casts Prestidigitation and cleanses it from all the filth. When the job's done, she takes a long moment to look around the chapel to search for anything useful or meaningful in any way.


Cahal throws what he collected on the floor, his axe dripping. He asks: "Found anything good?"


Female Human Sorcerer 1

Seeing the others beginning to search, she assists in searching, more concerned for other enemies than treasure.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11


Male Human Cleric/1

Bahram watches as Aisha uses her magic to help clean the alter. He bows deeply to her, hand over his heart. "I thank you for your assistance. May the Dawnflower always look down upon you and smile"


Male Human Rogue/1

Mahmoud joins the search.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Grand Lodge

Perception DC:20:
You find under in the ashes of what appears to be the Kings throne a Phylactery in the form of a little box afixed to a leather cord, as well as ring crafted with a feather pattern around its edge. You also find some random religious artifacts which may be of some value.

Aisha and Bahram:
As you work to clean the alter, you find torn out pages from Sarenrae's book of The Birth of Light and Truth. After you clean and reconsencrate the alter, you both are temporarily bathed in a heavenly light, Sarenrae has seen fit to Bless you for your good works.

No one finds any other signs of enemies in this room. Trevvis speaks up, 'Almah's ordered us to tag along with you and help clear out the monastery. She may have something to say about your smoke signals...', at this, Yesper snickers, 'yeah, that I want to see.'

On your way into the Chapel you saw a chamber on either side, and there are the doors on the eastern wall of the Nave you came originaly.
To identify magic Items I'll need you to spend three rounds studying it, and a Spellcraft check. Unless you have the spell Identify of course.


Female Human (Keleshite) Conjurer (Teleporter) 1

Fascinated by the possibility of having discovered some bizarre magical items, Aisha gladly takes the time to study them more closely. She casts Detect Magic and begins her examination. Meanwhile Isis, still perched on Aisha's shoulder, keeps gazing around, ready for anything.

Perception:
Isis
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Spellcraft:
Aisha
Check for the Phylactery: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Check for the Ring: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Cahal shrugs at Yesper's comment, then gives a hand to check the rest of the place.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Male Human Cleric/1

Feeling the power of his goddess flow into him, Bahram kneels and prays at the altar for a few moments. When he gets up, he continues to search the area and alcoves, looking for more items he can restore to the church.
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Grand Lodge

Aisha's inspections reveal that the Phylactery is a Phylactery of Faithfulness, the wearer is aware of any action or item that may affect their alignment.
Unfortunately she is unable to ascertain what the ring does, Aisha can try again tomorrow.

Bahram finds a few dirty religious items in the ashes of the Pugwampis burnt lair, which he cleans up and restores as best he can.

You find nothing else of interest in the Chapel, the Mercs are eager to explore the rest of the Monastery and get this over with.


"All right then, let's get moving and clean this place up! But I swear, if I see another Pug, I'm gonna just walk out of here and stay slave, but happy!"


Female Human Sorcerer 1

Mirah cannot help but chuckle at Cahal's comment. "I would not. This is very much what I would be doing previously, except very little in reward. Though another of these creatures would be disheartening. I need time to recover my mystic powers as well."


Male Human Cleric/1

Once he has finished putting the temple back into some order, Bahram asks the others, "Friends! Will you please join me in a short prayer to the Dawnflower. It shall only take a few moments. He waits for the others to join him, then leads the group in a short prayer.


Female Human (Keleshite) Conjurer (Teleporter) 1

Aisha gladly joins Bahram in his prayer. "But of course. May our efforts to cleanse this place from the foulness which invaded it meet with the benevolent smile of the Dawnflower."

On a side note, how are we going to divide loot? Right now if someone wants to use the phylactery I have no objections.


Female Human Sorcerer 1

At Bahram's suggestion, Mirah walks over and joins him in prayer. She speaks the words but seemingly without feeling.

Missed the ring, figure I'd try my luck at identifying it. Which apparently is no luck at all. As far as loot we could probably continue that in discussion thread.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Human Rogue/1

Mahmoud listens to the prayer, but does not participate. He, like Cahal, is anxious to get on with the job.


Cahal shrugs at the mention of a prayer. He remembers the healing though so he bows his head a bit and pretends to pay attention.

Before it is over, he can't help himself and starts moving.

Grand Lodge

The mercs shuffle and try to keep their impatience in check while Bahram sanctifies the chapel, their eagerness to get going tempered by a healthy dose of fear of the gods.

As soon as it appears polite they leave, falling into step with Cahal.

You exit the chapel and the mercs poke their heads into the two side rooms

The room to the west is a debris-laden chamber which once held a shrine and wooden altar, but all of that was smashed decades ago by vandals. The ceiling here has remained intact over the years, helping to preserve a huge bas-relief statue of a muscular humanoid man with a pointy beard gesturing toward a huge mountain in the background, his face a picture of mortal concern.

DC 10 Knowledge(local):
The mountain in the background is Pale Mountain, largest of the Brazen Peaks and the site of many fell legends.

DC 15 Knowledge(religion):
The bearded figure is depicted in a manner similar to the way in which the faith of Sarenrae depict their saints, but this is not one of the more frequently honored saints of that faith.

DC 25 Knowledge(religion):
The image as of very obscure regional saint named Vardishal.

The eastern chamber contains a similar statue that adorns the eastern wall of this chamber, in this case with the bearded figure appearing on a hilltop to a group of robed pilgrims. The being holds up his hands, palms out, in a sign of peace. Though many of the faces and limbs on the bas-relief have been worn down or cut away, the expressions of those range from beatific to horrified.

A crude stone stele that seems to have been erected more recently than the abandonment of the monastery stands here as well. Its graven inscription reads: “A ghost of unholy mien was purged from this place by Theodephus Estrovan, servant of Aroden, 4691 ar.”

DC14 Perception:
You find a secret door between the figure’s legs.


Female Human Sorcerer 1

Mirah spots something unusual between the legs of the figure. "I believe I see a doorway between the legs of the scultpure." Having pointed out her discovery, she stands by patiently, almost as though awaiting instruction.

Dice:

Knowledge Local: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14 Hah! I actually saw something!


Male Human Cleric/1

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

"This is an interesting mural. I do not recognize the location, nor the mountain, but the way the figure is poised....well it reminds me of several portraits of Sarenraen saints I had viewed in other temples. As to who the fellow is, I cannot say." He looks over to where Mirah has pointed. "By the Dawnflower, you are right. There is a door between the legs of that sculpture."


Female Human Sorcerer 1

"The mountain is Pale Mountain. I have heard bits and pieces of numerous legends that involve it, but I don't often pay attention to such things, so cannot repeat most of them. It is the largest of the Brazen Peaks." While Mirah maintains the monotonous tone she often uses while speaking, this is the first time she has so said many words at one time, excited to speak over a topic aside from the magic instruction drilled into her while growing up.


Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Cahal tries but fail to show any interest in the images of gods and their history. It doesn't tie well to here and now. He even completely miss looking at the statue, until his attention is brought back to it by the discovery of a door.

"A door ugh!? Wanna see where it leads?" He approaches the door, looking for a way to open it, axe in hand...


Female Human (Keleshite) Conjurer (Teleporter) 1

Perception:
Aisha
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Isis
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

Knolwedge (Local):
Aisha
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Knowledge (Religion):
Aisha
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Aisha stops for a moment, gazing on the bas-relief. "Indeed, Bahram and Mirah you are both quite correct. Pale mountain, and a depiction which could only represent one of the Dawnflower's own saints. What a curious bas-relief... Even more so for the presence of a concealed passage just behind it! We should investigate further, surely?"

While she awaits for the others to take action, Aisha looks one last time at the bearded figure in the bas-relief. And yet, this man's identity doesn't seem to be known to me at all... Umpf, how frustrating!

Grand Lodge

As Cahal investigates how to open it Dhakir jumps in and lends a hand, you seem to find no mechanism, but pushing on the door it seems to budge a little, 'It budged, let us just try push it open' Dhakir says to Cahal.

Give me a strength check please. Also, how do you guys feel about me making certain checks on your behalf to speed things along in instances like this?


Female Human Sorcerer 1

I'm fine with it, personally, as long as it isn't "You charge into the room, set off 5 traps, and run straight into an ogre ambush".


Male Human Cleric/1

I am ok with you making rolls like this for us....it will speed stuff up, I think, so we are not waiting for you to tell use what to roll.


Makes a lot of sense.
Str: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

"Hmp-grao-rhf!" Is all Cahal manages to say as he pushes the heavy door.

Grand Lodge

Cahal's muscles ripple as he pushes the door, you hear the sounds of vines tearing as it slowely gives way into a small, roofless garden. Monks must once have come here to relax and contemplate the ways of nature, but any order they might have brought to the place all those years ago is almost impossible to notice now, as a wild cacophony of multicolored scrub plants and desert weeds have almost completely overgrown the space.

DC10 Perception:
You see another hidden door, covered in old vines, it seems like both this door and the one you came in would be much easier to open and shut if you spent a few minutes weeding.


Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

"Ah! There's another door there! Under the schrub"


Male Human Rogue/1

Sorry, I've not check in in awhile. Ive had spotty connectivity. Everthing seems to be back in working order now.

301 to 350 of 429 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / caffeine_addicts Legacy of Fire (PbP) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.