Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Buried Secrets

Game Master overfiend_87

Magnimar, a city filled with crime and oppitunity. The players each have an issue, most of them being plagued with nightmares of the city in flames and others having more personal problems. The one man with all the answer, the notorious Irthir.


351 to 400 of 1,013 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

I will take it for now as my saves are pretty bad.

So, each person's share is 623? Or are we taking the full amount from above and deducting whatever loot we got? - 500gp for the cloak in my case.


Male Oread Druid (Cave Druid) 1 HP 20/20 AC: 17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+6

Each person 623


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

I am pretty sure that DM said that cost of all loot is put into the pot, including items not sold, and if you keep an item then it comes off the amount that you get from normal gold. If the item you keep is more then the amount of you are supposed to get then you either owe money to the party or you get less on the next cut of loot that we get.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Ah, forgot that was how we were doing it. Right you are. I will take the Cloak + 123gp.


Male Oread Druid (Cave Druid) 1 HP 20/20 AC: 17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+6

Can we discuss this over in the discussion thread so we don't bung up the story with discussions about our characters. If I remember our DM didn't really care how we distributed the gear, provided we found a method we all found OK. But better discussed in the discussion thread than in the story thread.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

lol, yeah best it moves to discussion thread, otherwise I'll forget where we were...where were we? Oh wait, I know. you healed up Rabe yet?


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

I was about to heal Rabe, then I remembered I AM A SORCERESS AND CANNOT HEAL.

We spent a night didn't we? Unless our healers are real jerks, I assume one of them dropped a CLW or two on Rabe.


Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

"I feel like a draught of good beer tonight, who's with me?" Ostog asks as he assumes the pillage has been divided.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

updated in OOC

After a good night's rest you all get up, ready to meet each other until a halfling meets up with you all before you make your way to the tavern to meet up. He gives you all the same message.
"Ithir sends his reguards. He doesn't wish to get in your way, but a urgent message reached him and he wishes to tell you in person. Hurry, he says it concerns this city and the Cenoteph." with that he runs off, dissappearing from sight.


Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

"Well I better go see him then little one" Ostog chuckles and then realises that it wasn't a boy. Grappling his gear Ostog hurries to meet the gnome and his fellow companions.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Jaidoh follows along to see what mischief the little gnome has gotten himself into this time.


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

I stop walking and look at the halfling as he speaks, then without word continue walking to meet Ithir.


Male Oread Druid (Cave Druid) 1 HP 20/20 AC: 17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+6

Despite stopping every so often to nip into a shop or so, Utrath follows the fighters and the magic user to hear what Ithir has to say next.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

As you all enter he jumps up and points to the door.
"Shut it, quick!" he seems on edge and once you do he sighs, trying to calm before saying any more.

He looks to the group with a determined grin.
"We have them. The mages have made their move." he explains sitting up showing you all a letter he recieved that was especially sealed. "Early this morning a gang of Sczarni charged into the Cenoteph along with a mage wearing the same robes as those of the Blackfire Adepts. They killed two priests and a group were sent down to root them out, but the temple has not heard back from them for a few hours and so they've turned to me. What's more disturbing is a few priests claim they hear chanting in the halls and a hammering of fists at the entrance to the catacombs."

Alcaydian Indros IV & Knowledge Local DC 10:

The Cenoteph is the resting place of Alcaydian Indros, the Paladin to Aroden. It was origonally constructed as his resting place, but as more people wished to be buried with the great hero, including his family and friends it had developed into a square filled with many moseleums and crypts and the ground below turned into a catacombs with Alcaydian at the bottom.

Only those who have the money are able to pay to have their body inturred here. The temple of Pharasma currently keep watch over the Cenoteph as they patrol for graverobbers, ghouls and scavengers of all kinds.


Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

"That sounds a bit like walking into the lair I talked about yesterday." Ostog jokes as the gnome finishes. Looking at the gnome and Alcaydian he asks: "What is this Cenoteph? Is it haunted? I'm still not sure about those mages."

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 ⇒ 6


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Knowledge:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Isn't the Cenoteph some type of a group of burial crypts. There is a famous paladin buried at the bottom. I think his names is . . . Endras, no, Indros. Yeh, Alcaydian Indros.

Jaidoh suddenly pauses and turns toward the human fighter: Any relation to you?


Male Oread Druid (Cave Druid) 1 HP 20/20 AC: 17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+6

At the thought of returning underground, Utrath smiles. "Yes, we should go. We help your bloodline, yes?" he queries the fighter.


Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

"Your bloodline?" Ostog looks questioning at Alcaydian.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

gonna message Alcaydian as he hasn't replied in a while.


Male Human Fighter 1

"That is indeed my great ancestor but I'm afraid that I cannot accompany you all on this journey. I've realized that some pressing business that must be taken care of so I leave you all to your journey and wish you well."
Sorry guys I just a bit too busy for the online role playing these days so I'll have to bow out. It was fun, hope you have a good campaign.


Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

Nodding as Alcaydian speaks Ostog sats: "Safe winds and calm seas Alcaydian." He thinks for a little while and suggests: "Should we wait for another companion or press on?"

Sorry to see you go.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Good thing I've kept this game reletively open and flexable. Anyone who knows anyone who might want to replace Alcaydian can tell me either in discussion or PM.

"It is sad to see you go, Alcaydian, but my door will always be open if you wish to return." he says simply and turns to the ground. "Alcaydian Indros the First was a paladin who helped settle Magnimar in the early days, defeating a collossal beast. When Aroden fell from grace he went through a moment of disbelief and didn't know what to do anymore, however he managed to settle with a family and continued to fight for justice before he passed away. His abilities never returned as he never chose a new deity like many clerics did in those times. I have no idea why these Blackfire adepts wish to cause trouble there, but it can't be anything good."


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

"Fair travels friend" I say to Indros. Then turning to the gnome, "Is it of the utmost importance that we investigate this tomb now? We have not finished the job about the drugs yet. Or are we putting off that job temporarily in favor of this one?"


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Jaidoh watches the great warrior go: Fair well brave knight. May Iomedae smile down upon you.

She then turns to listen to the gnome's response to Rabe's inquiry.


Aasimar [hp=39/39] (AC19/ff17/t12) {F=+1/R=+5/W=+1} CMD 16

Hello--sorry to see the attrition; sadly it seems to be a trend on these boards. Just give me my cue.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Jerry Brightstone wrote:
Hello--sorry to see the attrition; sadly it seems to be a trend on these boards. Just give me my cue.

anyone have a idea for a 6th character to replace Alcaydian? Was thinking could meet up with both Jerry and this other person, but if you all think we're good as we are, i'll continue with just the 5 :)


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Rabe the Huntsman wrote:
"Fair travels friend" I say to Indros. Then turning to the gnome, "Is it of the utmost importance that we investigate this tomb now? We have not finished the job about the drugs yet. Or are we putting off that job temporarily in favor of this one?"

"This is urgent. I am sure you wouldn't like the thought of people walking over the graves of your ancestors robbing, raising undead or worse?" he asks as he looks over at the Barbarian. "I'm sorry to get in the way of your plans for the day, but the Pharasmans needs the tunnels clear. If not, more people will be asking questions about why they can't pay respects to their family members and then the city guard will also get suspecious. If word hits the street, people will be flocking there and blood will be everywhere in the resulting chaos." he explains, clearly seeming to know what'd happen.

"They have also agreed to pay me with an item that will help us get more information on what's going on. It's a very rare and expensive regent, but if you do this I might gain more insight into our problems and they are willing to pay any price to get this resolved quietly. Not to mention, if you see any undead they will forgive you for destroying the bodies of the once resting residents." he states as he lifts up a small wooden box and places it on the table. "I also promis, you won't be out of pocket." he states as he opens the ornate box to reveal it to be filled with an assortment of gems. Minor gems, but the quantity is enough to fill anyone's pockets.


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

"Very well." I say, "To the catacombs to play exterminator. Let us destroy this undead menace."

I have no options. 5 people is fine with me, we seem to be a relatively well balanced group.


Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

"You're right Rabe. People should be able to visit the graves of their ancestors," Ostog agrees. "If we keep doing this we'll walk into a lindorm's lair sooner rather than later," he smiles.

Also ready to go. Should we get Jerry introduced?


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

We are good with the melee - Barbarian/Ranger with Druid/Bard for backup. Decent in arcane Sorcerer/Bard. Ok in skill Bard/Ranger. And ok to weak in divine Druid/Bard/Ranger.

I would not mind another cleric/oracle, but think we should be good without one.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

I was thinking of introducing Jerry and the other player at the temple. Give me a few secs to get the details on the next character and I'm sure I'll come up with a reason why they're there...actually as I write this a plan is already forming in my head.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5
DM Aron Marczylo wrote:
I was thinking of introducing Jerry and the other player at the temple. Give me a few secs to get the details on the next character and I'm sure I'll come up with a reason why they're there...actually as I write this a plan is already forming in my head.

Nothing personal DM Aron, but your head appears to be an empty void. Or maybe you don't look exactly like your avatar in RL. Hmmm, will have to look into this more.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

"They will have a item for me in payment. It's inside a wooden box and it's best if left undisturbed." he explains mysteriously. The Gnome mulling over the recent events. "All I'll say is it's a extremely rare magical component. I trust you all to be discrete and not disturb it. With it I'll be able to find out the true intentions of this group. Whatever they're up to, it's more important finding out the plan and stopping them than finding out where they are."

As you make your way to the temple you notice that clearly no one else in the city knows of the troubles and are being turned away from the Cenoteph. As you enter the temple you see a acolyte trying to explain himself to a tall pale woman who is pinching her nose in frustraition.
"I didn't know they weren't the people you asked for. They looked like the type to help us with our problem..." he stops once they notice the group has entered. The head, a tall, slender woman in the customary dark gray robe and wearing a symbol of Pharasma around her neck walks in your direction.

She appears to be in her late thirties, however with her deathly pale complexion it is hard to tell.
"My apologiese. I know you have done well by not telling anyone about our problem, however one of my acolyte not only once, but twice had mistaken another for a member of your group. They have voluntered to help and I do no want anyone else finding out about our arrangement." she points over two a pair of Aasimars who are sat down one of the pews. One appears to be quite tall, thin and handsome whilst the other also appears quite handsome, however his hands appear to be blackened as if burnt from a intense flame. "I will leave you to talk with these two whilst I get the...item your employer asked for. I won't be too long." as she says this she makes her way to a door, which you assume leads to a basement with the sound of her footsteps echoing and the guards stationed by the door.

There you go. Jerry and Macharius, you can now introduce yourselves with a much better intro than what I've given you and here's some info your characters will know below.

Jerry & Blackhands:

You both came to the temple at different times in the morning hearing that no one has been allowed into the Cenoteph and were understandably confused as to why. By asking at the temple one of the acolytes, a naieve young man, barely into adult hood asks if you are the ones to deal with the Sczarni that broke in. To your puzzled look he spills all the info about how a group of Sczarni, the name of the local thugs, had barged their way in with a wizard. After sending in a group of priests to remove them and clense the area, there has been no word of their return and they turned their hopes to the only person in the town who could help. A enigma of a criminal who can solve any problem and has a firm grip on the black market. Irthir.

This happened on both your visits and the Abbot in charge was asking him to explain how their secret was leaked to two people outside the temple when the group came in that you were both mistaken as members of. It is no surprise as they are an assortment of different races that are rarely seen on Golarian along with two burley humans. You do wonder why they work for a crime-lord, as Irthir has been described, but since they are here to clear out the criminals in the Cenoteph you can see that joining them for the moment will be to your benefit. Especially as there is more to this than it seems for what would the Sczarni want with the Cenoteph so badly as to break in during the day in front of many witnesses and not attempt to break in through the sewers, let alone the magic user in black robes that was assisting them.

You've both been allowed to sit in the aisles whilst waiting for this group and served with water and bread whilst you way. More so as an apology for the loud-mouthed acolyte than anything else.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

A very pale woman, actually her skin is essentially bleached white which makes the deathly pale complexion of the last woman appear to be almost normal by comparison, walks over to you. I understand you two were asking about problems in the Cenoteph.


HP 16/16 | Init +2; Per +1, darkvision | CMD 12, AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F +1, R +2, W +7 | Resist acid, cold, and elec. 5

The man with blacked hands stands up and turns to address the group of adventurers with whom he had earlier been associated. On the tall side of average, he is lean and seemingly drawn with faint wrinkles that disappear when he smiles at the woman to approach.

"Indeed so, madam, and was mistaken as a member of your cadre. My name is Nalot, though I am told that I am more widely known throughout the city as 'Blackhands of the Redeemer'," he says, holding up his hands. "I am chosen of Sarenrae, and if it be permissible I would like to accompany you to ensure that the desecration of this place be corrected."


Aasimar [hp=39/39] (AC19/ff17/t12) {F=+1/R=+5/W=+1} CMD 16

An incredibly striking man dressed in a brightly colored Varisian entertainers cloak steps forward. He is much at ease with himself, and it especially surprising given the awkward situation with the slight misunderstanding, but the young man begins to speak with the confidence of a practiced orator or politician.

"I am often mistaken for a member of this or that group, for as a traveling entertainer I am a member of all groups. People just tend to open themselves up to me when I spin some of my more charming yarns. A horrible vision of Magnimar, the city of monuments ablaze, has brought me here."

The human begins to smile, and when he speaks with perfect diction and tone, that is when you realize he is full of celestial blood. His very words seem hang in the air with a divine glow.


HP 16/16 | Init +2; Per +1, darkvision | CMD 12, AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F +1, R +2, W +7 | Resist acid, cold, and elec. 5

At Jerry's mention of a dream of Magnimar on fire, 'Blackhands' turns to him in surprise.

"You had such a dream as well?"


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

"It seems that many of us were brought here because of such dreams." I rumble.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Jaidoh nods: Yes, I too came here because of a horrific view of the shadow world you all call dreams.


Male Oread Druid (Cave Druid) 1 HP 20/20 AC: 17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+6

The large grey skinned man, shakes his head from side to side, mumbling under his breath, "More whose souls are infected by visions." then shrugging. He looks at the two men, though his eyes almost avert from the colorful Varasian gentleman as his face screws up slightly.

"We go down into the earth Sir, where darkness is a cloak, your attire is ... well as a lamp is to a moth." he bows to the man, "Utrath Pallan, a traveler far from the scene of my misfortune, I hope you find fortune and luck on your travels."

Turning to the other, Utrath bows his head once more, "Good fortune Blackhands, let us hope your god is pleased with your ways and your visions are nothing but figments of a nightmare." Though his latter words lack the conviction of his warm greetings.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

The abbot returned, with her a small ebony box. the lid closed and no apparent lock on it. She hands it to Jaidoh.
"That is the item your employer requested. Take good care of it, it was not easy to come by and I have no wish to know what he wants to use it for." she states offhandedly. [b]"I'll lead you to the entrance."[/b[ she states as she makes her way.

anyone checking inside the box?


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Jaidoh accepts the box from the abbot.
Thank you, we shall protect this and return it to our employer as directed.

With the abbot's concern regarding the object being rather apparent, Jaidoh simply accepts the box with a nod. But, once she is away from the abbot's eyes, she will speak words of magic and cast Detect Magic to determine what the box holds.

If it is magic - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 - she will obviously have no clue what it is.
--> Take 10 next if allowed.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

The box itself does not glow magical, nor does there appear to be any emination from inside.


Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

I wonder if Freja, would be down here. I don't think so it would remind her of the mines. I really don't like this place.

Ostog snaps out of his chain of thoughts as he hears the other speaking about the vision. He walks over to them. "You almost sound like kinsmen, in spirit at least. I'm Ostog," he says and reach out to shake their hands.


HP 16/16 | Init +2; Per +1, darkvision | CMD 12, AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F +1, R +2, W +7 | Resist acid, cold, and elec. 5

"Greetings, Utrath. Greetings, Ostog," replies Blackhands with seriousness. Shaking Ostog's hand in return, it is obvious that such contact is painful to him - though he shakes hands firmly nonetheless.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Suddenly realizing that she had not introduced herself, the woman with her cloak pulled up so that her face is completely hidden turns to the new people with the same shadow sight as she.

With a nod of her head she introduces herself: I am Jaidoh.


Aasimar [hp=39/39] (AC19/ff17/t12) {F=+1/R=+5/W=+1} CMD 16

Jerry looks around with a smile:
"This group looks capable. Hope you will let me tag along."

He adds:
"I usually am the one telling stories, but this time I'd like to here yours."


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

"I believe there are more pressing matters then stories, let us destroy these undead so that they cause no more trouble"


Male Oread Druid (Cave Druid) 1 HP 20/20 AC: 17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+6

"Is strange we get the payment first, I am inclined to take the payment back for safe keeping before we start into the earth..." his voice trails of wistfully. Pulling himself together, he continues, "We have a test to do, we should do that before we speak of stories and tales."


HP 16/16 | Init +2; Per +1, darkvision | CMD 12, AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F +1, R +2, W +7 | Resist acid, cold, and elec. 5

"What undead, Rabe?"

351 to 400 of 1,013 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Buried Secrets. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.