Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Buried Secrets

Game Master overfiend_87

Magnimar, a city filled with crime and oppitunity. The players each have an issue, most of them being plagued with nightmares of the city in flames and others having more personal problems. The one man with all the answer, the notorious Irthir.


51 to 100 of 1,009 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

Taking in the gnome's words Ostog sit down again still looking carefully at the fetchling. As the gnome put forwards his purposes Ostog listens as the others debate which action to take. After the rest seam to reach an agreement he adds: "So it seams we'll be faring against these goblings. What are sort of creatures are they?"


Male Human Fighter 1

"They're messy little things that spread like the plague. If you don't take 'em seriously they might put a blade in you. As long as we keep our wits about us we should be fine but anything can happen in a scrap."


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Jaidoh looks confused that someone would not know about goblins: They are short and green with mouthes full of sharp teeth. About the same size as the good gnome here, but viscously evil and destructive. Their only goal is destruction and harming others. Oh, and they love fire, they will burn anything they can.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Jaidoh Palumbra wrote:
Jaidoh looks confused that someone would not know about goblins: They are short and green with mouthes full of sharp teeth. About the same size as the good gnome here, but viscously evil and destructive. Their only goal is destruction and harming others. Oh, and they love fire, they will burn anything they can.

the gnome pales at that realisation.

"I...I'm sure they enjoy where they are not to set the place alight..." he says more to comfort himself than the group.


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

"All the more reason to leave now then." I say standing and grabbing my horned helm placing it back on my head, giving my eyes glinting from the interior an other worldly look. Heading toward the door I don't even bothering to see if any of the others are following me. "We don't want them to burn down our new employers warehouse now do we? We can worry about splitting up the pay after the job is done."

I will leave the current establishment and follow his detailed instructions to the warehouse with goblins.

Once we arrive in front of it (assuming everyone followed me there) I ask "Anyone any good at scouting?


Male AC 14 Init+2 Per+0 Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +2 CMD 12 Oracle

I have been blessed by Gorum to see through stone, for short periods a day. So if we get close enough I can scout that way, unfortunatly this gift has also left me very near sighted and I have trouble seeing things in a distance greater than thirty paces. Finder of Stones admits frankly responding to Rabe's question.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

While I am at home in the shadows and am blessed with good sight, I would not consider myself to be the best at scouting.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

You come to a old shabby-looking warehouse, here in the poor district of Magnima known as beacon's point. A bit more run down and filled with many warehouses. At times you see Sczarni thugs, but they are too interested in their own time time playing dice or with knives to take any notice of you.

MAP

and before I forget

Knowledge Local DC 13:

The "Men of the Crimson Banner" are a group of mercinaries that started up not too long ago. They were created after a band of adventurers left the ruin. What was five ended up as three and together they decided to use their riches to start up a mercinary band under a single red banner.

The ones who survived was a powerful wizard, a warrior of gorum who is said to have had some divinity after he left the ruin and a mysterious assassin who fights in combat with two blades.

Many of their high ranging generals were taught under their guidence and then they passed on the knowledge to newer and newer recruits. They take on all kinds of odd jobs, sometimes beating adventurers to the punch, but they also take out private contracts to guard property or act as body guards.

So far they've kept their noses clean and there have been no complaints of scandles involving them. In fact, not many people actually get to see them that often as they like to keep to themselves.


Male AC 14 Init+2 Per+0 Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +2 CMD 12 Oracle

AlorIndros, you are from these lands. Do you know the best path to this site of goblin infestation?


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

I think we are already outside the warehouse.

Jaidoh looks over at the tall Ulfen: Are you skilled in scouting?

She then looks at the others: Or anyone else?


Male Human Fighter 1

[b]" Hmph, I've spent some time in the company of soldiers and from what I've seen already I'd be surprised if most of these men could as much as fart silently. Pardon the reference my lady. I say we smash down the front door and start taking heads. The man who takes the most has to buy everyone drinks later hehehe. " [b]


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

I should be able to disable a number of goblins at a time, but you all need to keep them away from me. Jaidoh gestures to her slim form. Armor and defense is not my strong suit. Using light and shadow to confuse and disable foes, that is what I am better at.


Male AC 14 Init+2 Per+0 Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +2 CMD 12 Oracle

I was asking about the infestation within the warehouse, since our last conversation was who was going to scout ahead.

If we are to enter I am with you. Let me check this door for any magics, Goblin shamans are more cunning than some believe.

Cast Detect Magic focusing on the Door


Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

A fast decision, but a brave one. I like Rabe walks the walk. Ostog thinks to himself.

He looks at Jaidoh as she asks him a question: "I can track most, but if you're asking me no sneak up on anything, I would say no in this armour. I think Indros is right," he answers, last part chuckling.

He takes a good grip on his shield and battle axe, "I am ready" and starts humming a song from the times in the levy fleet.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

The doors have been left unlocked, since your employer didn't wish for you to have difficulty in getting inside and no one was going to enter this warehouse if there were goblins inside. Not to mention people would be more than suspecious if they found a warehouse unlocked than one that was locked and think it was some kind of sting.


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

Seeing the door unlocked I say, "I will take point" and then attempt to be as stealthy as possible while passing inside.

Stealth 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

apparently I take 10 on my stealth check :p


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Jaidoh quietly follows behind the men. Prepared to cast any spell necessary.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male AC 14 Init+2 Per+0 Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +2 CMD 12 Oracle

assuming I detected no magic

Finder of Stones will follow Rabe attempting to mimic his movements.1d20 ⇒ 10 Stealth


Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

"I'm behind you" Ostog says, while holding weapons ready. As he has done many time in the levy fleet, he bangs his axe against his shield and intones the first few lines of an Ulfen battle hymn. Suddenly realising where he is, the tall Ulfen smile with a sheepish grin: "Sorry, old habits die hard."

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 4 = -1

I just had to explain that poor result.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

sorry, no magic on the door.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Inside the warehouse you see many crates that appear to have fallen from their stack and ended up thrown around the place. Small and large ones. Some of the smaller ones appear to have been opened and all that's inside is some hay, possibly to keep whatever was inside comfortable, judging by the air holes on the crate. You see all kinds of names and countries marked on the crates, who knows what's in each one and some of the ones with livestock appear untouched, but for the moment you don't have time to find out what's inside them.

You hear some murmering and laughter from near the end of the warehouse, however there is a sudden silence and Ostog slams his axe against his sheild, some shouting then followed as you see the flames and the sound of bare feet smacking against stone getting closer to your direction.

you have a round worth of movement before they arrive. Best to set you up somewhere on the map. So far, they have some movement before they get to you. When everyone has picked a place I'll roll iniative, unless you're confident you can hide and not be seen? The big crates block vision, but the small ones don't unless you are small sized.

MAP


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

As soon as I hear that the enemy has heard us I shout, "To the slaughter!" and charge to the right around the crates, looking for the goblins, pulling my broken greatsword out as I do.


Male AC 14 Init+2 Per+0 Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +2 CMD 12 Oracle

I will position either right behind or right next to Rabe and Ostog giving ranged melee support with my boar spear.


Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

Not knowing from where the enemies will appear Ostog takes a few step into the warehouse ending inside allowing for others to follow.

Ostog moves to Y 12.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

I move over behind the Ulfen ranger.

Move to Z13.


Male AC 14 Init+2 Per+0 Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +2 CMD 12 Oracle

Finder of Stones will go to V10


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Goblins appear to be coming from the right and Rebe is charging right at them whilst the other three appear to have moved to the left. Want to remain that or did you think they were coming west?


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Yeh, shift us to the other side. I did not realize they were coming from the right. Shift us to Ostog-Y20, Alcaydian-Z20, Finder-Y19, Jaidoh-Z19 sounds good. If anyone prefers something different please post it. Not sure where Rebe is off to, but I assume he will return.


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

I am running outright toward where I though the most likely place for the goblins to be coming from was, therefore I am probably close to X-24 if not farther in.


Male AC 14 Init+2 Per+0 Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +2 CMD 12 Oracle

If rabe is X24, I will be X23.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Then I shall follow the others. Cautiously - Z21


Male Human Fighter 1

Alcaydian will stand to the right of Rabe and draw his greatsword.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

placed you guys myself, depending on your speeds. Unfortunately Alcaydian's armour makes him move at 20ft and Rabe has 40ft movement.

Rabe being the fastest of the group manages to round around the corner and catch the goblins as they were making their way from the north. There are four goblins, another goblin dressed in chainmail and moving around with a heavy wooden shield. He also has a nasty looking blade in his hand and somekind of head-dress with many shiney things stuck to it. Some minor gems, some just shiney peices of glass or metal scraps.

Beside him is also a female looking gnome, dressed in many different primitive humanoid fetishes and wearing a rag of a gown. Probably once a dress someone dumped but over the years of dirt and being washed in the sewer is now the colour of dark green. you see she has a old wand strapped to her waist and a little centipede crawling through her hair, but she doesn't give it any attention.

They then speak and say something before launching into an attack.

Goblin:

"Humie! We kill intruder?" one turns to look at the one in the headress, who nods and they all scream in delight. "Protect Jewl! With her magic, she be unbeatable!"

Round 1

Team Iniative:

Rabe the Huntsman: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Finder of Stones: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Ostog Oath-Breaker: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Jaidoh Palumbra: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Alcaydian Indros IV: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Utrath Pallan: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Goblins: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Goblin with Headress: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Goblin in dress: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Ostog 1-49
Goblin 50-100
1d100 ⇒ 51

Order:
Jaidoh Palumbra
Goblin in Dress
Ostog Oath-Breaker
Utrath Pallan
Finder of Stones
Goblins
Goblin in Headress
Rabe the Huntsman
Alcaydian Indros Iv

Clearly most of your mellee fighters decided to take a nap in the middle of combat :p. Then again a player in my CotCT campaign has a huge bonus to iniative, higher than everyone else and i roll low on him. Also, note that only Rabe sees the goblins atm, however you can easily change that by looking around the corner and I'm sure Rabe would mention them.

MAP

as I said in discussion, 24 hour wait for a character before I post for them.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Round 1

I move to X26.

Four goblins and a crazy gnome. I will hold off on magic unless we need it.

@ DM Aron - Would you consider the whole area in shadows? Need to know as a number of my racial/class abilities depend on shadows.

Action - Delay


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Jaidoh Palumbra wrote:

Round 1

I move to X26.

Four goblins and a crazy gnome. I will hold off on magic unless we need it.

@ DM Aron - Would you consider the whole area in shadows? Need to know as a number of my racial/class abilities depend on shadows.

Action - Delay

yeah, this place has little light, no real windows and some light from torches and the door being left wide open so you have a lot of shadowy places to go and do your thing. Looking at your character it means the area is dim light so everyone takes a 20% miss chance, unless someone brightens it up with light, but that'll mess with Jaidoh's abilitys.

The goblin in the dress speaks and mutters a few words of power in her own language and suddenly a aura issues out for her that covers and empowers the other goblins.

Spellcraft DC 16:

The spell she cast was bless. This gives all on the ally's side great courage and makes them attack more with more vigor and resist any fears that might come up in the face of battle.


Male AC 14 Init+2 Per+0 Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +2 CMD 12 Oracle

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 spellcraft

Finder of Stones will make a double move to get closer to Rabe, moving to x-23.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

The gnome is a priest, of what unholy god I do not know.


Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

Hearing Jaidoh speak Ostog decides to move carefully forwards, as he sees the goblins he engages the closest. Shield raised he raises his axe, letting fall towards the small creature. Not like fighting in the levy fleet, but these aren't humans either he thinks.

Round 1:

Ostog moves to V21 and attack goblin in U20.
Attack Goblin U20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Miss chance,1-20: 1d100 ⇒ 43


Male Human Fighter 1

Alcaydian will move to v23. A double move action


Male Oread Druid (Cave Druid) 1 HP 20/20 AC: 17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+6

Taking out his dark brown club as he moves, towards the sound of battle. He casts a look up into the vast dark warehouse ahead, to try and prepare himself for a further attack from that direction. "Come from the dark you minions of evil." he speaks slowly and clearly over the sounds of battle.

Move action: 30ft to W,24
Std action: take out his club (Base Atk=0)
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 to p25,P30 area, (has darkvision 60ft)


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Ostog's blade comes down and splits the goblin's head in two as it then falls to the ground dead.

Utrath moves into position, seeing the other goblin that's next to Ostog that hasn't yet been taken out and more crates in the area. Some emptied out, but many others in their normal position.

Goblins

The goblins move in, attacking the nearest person in the group, Ostog. some screaming in anger after having seen their friend get cut down.

They have darkvision so attacks in dim light are unhampered, I believe. Could be wrong but will double check.

goblin 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

goblin 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

goblin 3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

The goblins, attacking in their mad and thrashing way all appear to miss Ostog, either being distracted by a shiney screw on the floor or turning their head to look at their gnome spellcaster, somewhat distracted by her looks.

Goblin in Headress

He growls in a gutteral tongue as he walks over to Ostog, stepping over his fallen comrade to take a peice of the giant Ulfan man.

Language: goblin:

"I will gut you big man." the rest appears to be swears and snarls.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

However his blow does nothing but bounce off his armour. The weapon he is holding is a curved sword, some of you may know that goblins name them "dog slicers" though no one has seen them actually wound a dog with one.


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

After rounding the corner I stop in shock at seeing the female gnome and it takes me a moment to recover myself. Seeing the other goblins attack Ostog I snap out of my pause and rush forward saying, "I will disable the gnome."

Attempt at Acrobatics to avoid attacks of opportunity 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
regardless of results I will still press on toward the Gnome.

Grapple Gnome1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Male AC 14 Init+2 Per+0 Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +2 CMD 12 Oracle

Finder of Stones will attack any Goblin within 10' with his boar spear

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 to hit assuming thats a miss


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

lol why does everyone keep calling the Goblin a Gnome? Did I make a typo a while back?

Rabe just manages to dodge pass one of the many goblins assulting Ostog before moving over and then grabbing the goblin tightly and stopping her from being able to cast spells or reach for her crossbow.

Round 2

Order:
Jaidoh Palumbra
Goblin in Dress
Ostog Oath-Breaker
Utrath Pallan
Finder of Stones
Goblins
Goblin in Headress
Rabe the Huntsman
Alcaydian Indros Iv

MAP


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5
DM Aron Marczylo wrote:


Beside him is also a female looking gnome, dressed in many different primitive humanoid fetishes and wearing a rag of a gown. Probably once a dress someone dumped but over the years of dirt and being washed in the sewer is now the colour of dark green. you see she has a old wand strapped to her waist and a little centipede crawling through her hair, but she doesn't give it any attention.

Round 2

Unsure of what she can best do to help the group, Jaidoh draws her cross bow and fires at the nearest goblin, U21, missing by a fair margin.

Attack-crossbow: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 4 = 7


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Whoops, definantly typo. sorry everyone, you'll have to get used to my random typos whilst I get carried away in the moment.

Jaidoh's crossbow misses and imbeds itself into a crate, deep and you hear some animal yelp in surprise, but then growl afterwards, showing that it's okey.

The goblin in the dress grasps a knife and tries to attack Rabe and just makes a small cut with her blade.

attack: 1d20 ⇒ 18

damage: 1 damage


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

I figured it was a crazy gnome chick who had gone ferral and gotten a bunch of goblin followers. Makes sense since they are all the same size.


Male Oread Druid (Cave Druid) 1 HP 20/20 AC: 17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+6

Utrath moes in towards the goblins, scimitar sweeping at the first goblin he meets.

Move action: move to V,21
Scimitar attack goblin U,21 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

Surrounded by goblins Ostog lashes out with his battleaxe at the goblin in front of him.

Round 2:

Attacking Goblin U20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Misschance, 1-20: 1d100 ⇒ 1


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

Hahaha, the only reason I grappled instead of chopping her in half was because I figured our employer would get angry if we killed a crazy female gnome

Realizing that it is a female goblin and not a gnome I release the caster and swing my sword at her.

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Damage 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 = 13 On the off chance that I hit.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Ostog doesn't manage to get a hit on any of the Goblins, but Utrath manages to step in and stick his blade in deep in the goblin, killing it and then wrenching his blade out as he watches the creature fall to the floor dead.

51 to 100 of 1,009 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Buried Secrets. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.