Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Buried Secrets

Game Master overfiend_87

Magnimar, a city filled with crime and oppitunity. The players each have an issue, most of them being plagued with nightmares of the city in flames and others having more personal problems. The one man with all the answer, the notorious Irthir.


1 to 50 of 1,009 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Those who have never been to big cities before are amazed by the sheer size of Magnimar and how confusing the streets can be to a first timer. As it's such a huge city there is many taverns and many more criminal elements both supernatural and natural, but that's common knowledge.

Built around the ruins of ancient Thassilon many strange forces and occurences happen here. Some worry that some hidden monster might escape like the Shriezyx, yet this doesn't stop heroes entering the ruins to never be heard of again, or worse, returning as babbling fools.

Misfortune or destiny, whatever it is, it has brought you to the Dockway and to a tavern known as "The Old Fang" which is best known as a taproom and cheap inn built right on the docks and covered in barnacles below and with white paint peeling off the top. Run by a woman known as Ol' Mam Grottle, a burly, no-nonsense matron who keeps order. Inside the walls are covered with old nautical trophies by her late husband who hunted at sea and died by an enormous swamp barracuda. The head of the same creature is stuck to the wall, taken by Ol' Mam herself and left there as a reminder that she is not to be trifled with.

Upon entering the place appears to be busy and you all arrive at the same time, showing the symbol to Ol' Mam who escorts you into a private room in the back. The room seems quite musty and not well used. In the centre is a long wooden table with six chairs and one large chair at the head of the table with a note attached: "Reserved". You also get a cramped feeling due to the lack of windows in this place

On the table awaiting you are several plates with meat, cheese, wine, water and mead with a note set up for you to all read.
Welcome all. I apologise for my lateness, but something has come up. Please, sit down and enjoy the meal. It's on the house.
Signed, your benevolent benefactor.

P.S. Please leave my seat unoccupied, thank you.

You also see something added in another person's handwriting beneith the note

P.P.S. No spittin' 'Ol Mam worked hard to clean this room for you, so show to respect.

Here we go, your characters can introduce each other and we go on from there.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Being the first to arrive, Jaidoh reaches out and takes a small piece of cheese, and then moves to the side of the room to await what appears to be five others.


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

A mountain of a man walks down the streets of Magnimar Cursing his luck at ending up in a city. The city folk give him a wide birth mostly because he looked so strange to them. Wearing a full face helm, with 5 point stag antlers attached, that his eyes could barely be seen glinting through giving off a slightly green glow. A bare chest with leather and wood armor on his arms shoulders and waist, and a sword almost as tall as the people scurrying about even though it was missing a section from the tip. Yes, they found him quite strange.

Why can't city streets make sense the way forest paths do he wondered? He ended up back tracking from many a dark alley that he had though would make his trip shorter. Fingering the letter in his belt pouch he wondered, not for the first time, about this person that had contacted him so soon after he had arrived.

Finally arriving before the 'tavern' that was specified in the note he gave it a cursory glance before passing inside, having to turn his head slightly so the antlers wouldn't catch on the frame.

After being lead to the meeting room he looked about at the room and one person that had made it inside, apparently, slightly prior to him. Finally pulling off his helmet, revealing startlingly green eyes, and setting it on the back of the chair he chose to sit at. He sits down and stabs a piece of meat off one of the trays with a wicked looking dagger and takes a bite chewing it slowly before saying in a voice that sounds like boulders grinding together, "So, from the note on the table I can assume that you are not the person who saw fit to invite me here, why are you here?"


Male AC 14 Init+2 Per+0 Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +2 CMD 12 Oracle

A tall Shoanti carrying a boar spear and not much else comes into the room, eyes still wide with wonder. On his chest is a silver holy symbol of Gorum. He glances at the note with curiosity and at the other two people at the table. Greatings, I am Finder of Stones of the Shundar-Quah.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Jaidoh watches as the tall man with the strange antler helm entered the room, followed almost immediately by another tall man. While Jaidoh was not familiar with Magnimar, she had seen few like these two and was unsure how to respond.

Suddenly realizing that the question had been directed at her by the giant of a man, Jaidoh hesitantly responds.

I too received an invitation. I do not know why.


Male AC 14 Init+2 Per+0 Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +2 CMD 12 Oracle

I hope this man can help me, so far the tribe of Magnimar seem greedy and untrustworthy. Perhaps it is a good thing that it should be cleansed in fire. Finder of Stones quietly contemplates.


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

Finally seeing someone that seemed semi normal to me in this crazy city I greet the Shoanti that just walked in, "Greetings Finder of Stones, I am Rabe the Hunter. What finds you in this strange city?"


Male Human Fighter 1

Alcaydian hustles down the street to what he hopes is a new lucrative business venture. His kids helped him find all the pieces of his armor and helped strap on his greatsword. It felt awkward sheathing up but not as awkward as borrowing money.
He enters the room and looks at his colorful company.
"Is this seat taken? I'm Alcaydian... Indros, the fouth. Do you want me to talk about skills or something? I used to be pretty good and hitting things with a sword."


Male Human Fighter 1

"Daddy wake up! Don't look at me that way! You told me to wake you for your meeting! You said it was important."
Alcaydian slowly rose from the bed and started to get ready. It had been awhile since he done this sort of thing. His youngest helped him find all the pieces of his armor and get it strapped on.
"Do you really need this daddy? Will it protect you from the bad men?"
Alcaydian messed up her hair with his hand and she ran off to the kitchen.
He slung his greatsword into its scabbard and he headed for the door. Though a strong man with the back of a work animal, he couldn't help but notice the weight of his equipment, then again he couldn't help but notice how light his coin purse was as well.

As his feet carried him across Magnimar he went by the statue of his ancestor. As was his custom, he casually saluted it and went about his business.

Arriving at the private room at the Old Fang, Alcaydian entered and smirked a bit at the company within. Certainly not what he expected. "Hello everyone, I'm Alcaydian Indros, the fourth. You can call me Al or Indros. I trust I'm not late. I don't know how this works exactly. I haven't worked like this for awhile. Should I tell you about my skills or just swing the ole sword around as a demonstration? Anyways I hope that we can have a lucrative venture together and keep the violence to a minimum."

Alcaydian stands a little uncomfortably and rocks on his heels a bit.


Male AC 14 Init+2 Per+0 Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +2 CMD 12 Oracle

Greetings Rabe the Hunter, I am of the Spire Clan Shundar-Quah. GOrum has given me a vision and I seek information. Has Gorum brought you here as well brother?

Hail AlorIndros. I am Finder of Stones. I do not know of what work you speak. He says oblivious to the syntax of Al or Indros and pronucing it as one word.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

The petite hooded girl standing in the shadows to the side of the room listens as more and more rather rugged looking men appear. She then quietly speaks up:

I am Jaidoh. I know little of this city. All I know is that I saw a shadow of the future, and in it Magnimar was in flames. After consulting with the priests of Desna regarding the shadow of the future I saw, I have followed their advice which brought me here.


Male Oread Druid (Cave Druid) 1 HP 20/20 AC: 17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+6

A lonely figure, with dirt and dust ingrained into his robe walks away from the cellar of Tweth Darn. The cellar now emptied and its contents on a wagon, his work was done. He smiled to himself as he lolloped away, his feet heavy as they embraced the ground as he moved, ungainly without finesse. The sun shines down strongly between the clouds, causing a hand of grey to shade the points of steel blue that are the man's eyes, almost as if the sun was too much for the man to bear. People walk past him, many look to the ground studiously ignoring this strange looking fellow. He almost seems relieved by this as he enters the dockside area.

Well built, he could almost be the stone door to the tavern, as he walks in and is led to a room. He enters, the dust rising from his broad shoulders before settling again as those eyes adjust to the room and look around, eyeing everyone up and down. "This where the job is?" he asks, his voice dull and deep, as though it is a matter of fate he is here, and fate in unconcerned for the man's fortune. He slowly reads the note on the chair and takes a chicken leg from the plate, eating it and returning the bones. He wipes the grease from his large hand across the lower part of his dark robe, before taking a cup and drink. As the liquid trickles down his chin, he opens his mouth once more, "Utrath, call me Utrath, we are to work together, yes?" the monotone of his voice continues.

As you look, his robe parts revealing a scimitar and hide armor protecting the granite grey looking skin of the man.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Jaidoh watches as yet another large male walks in the room. As with those before him, this one seems more concerned with himself and the food on the table than anything else.

Still unsure of who these diverse men are, Jaidoh remains in the darkest corner of the room. When you look at her, it is hard to tell exactly where she is. You know she is there, but the exact location is hard to pinpoint.


Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

As talk amongst the invited have begun an Ulfen man enters. He looks like the stories tell a tall man by Varisian standards with dark blond hair and piercing blue eyes. He is however dwarfed by the savage. He looks around a the crowd, lingering a bit at the corner then shakes his head and says in an almost singing common: "Blessings upon your families. I'm Ostog"

He then puts his shield, axe and backpack by the wall, walks over to the table. He pulls out a chair, sits down and start filling his plate with food. "It has been many nights since I last saw a feast like this. Who will raise a jug with me?"


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Jaidoh watches as yet another behemoth of a male enters the room and heads straight for the food.
Do these men not know what agents of Zon-Kuthon are capable of. A few drops of poison and they would all be done. Or perhaps agents of Cheliax, they too enjoy adding extracts of centipedes and black widows to other's food. We know nothing of the one that sent these letters, yet these men seem to think they were invited to a party.


Male AC 14 Init+2 Per+0 Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +2 CMD 12 Oracle

Looking at Jaidoh, Finder of Stones is can not hide the expression of intrigue from his face when she mentions the vision. I too have seen this vision. The eldars of my tribe believed this to be Gorum reaching out to tell me something. So far I have not understood its meaning.

Finder of Stones looks at Urath with amazement. I have heard of the living stone, you are truely blessed. Our meeting must be destined. Do you know what work we are to do together?

Greetings Ostog. I have not yet tasted this food, the people of this city have been very cunning so far and I do not trust someone who hides behind written words.


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]
Finder of Stones wrote:


Greetings Rabe the Hunter, I am of the Spire Clan Shundar-Quah. GOrum has given me a vision and I seek information. Has Gorum brought you here as well brother?
Jaidoh Palumbra wrote:


I am Jaidoh. I know little of this city. All I know is that I saw a shadow of the future, and in it Magnimar was in flames. After consulting with the priests of Desna regarding the shadow of the future I saw, I have followed their advice which brought me here.

I look at both of them sharply when They mention visions, "I too have had a vision that brought me here, I cannot say whether Gorum was the one who gave it to me or not, only that I received it while meditating in the woods."

Alcaydian Indros wrote:
"Hello everyone, I'm Alcaydian Indros, the fourth. You can call me Al or Indros. I trust I'm not late. I don't know how this works exactly. I haven't worked like this for awhile. Should I tell you about my skills or just swing the ole sword around as a demonstration? Anyways I hope that we can have a lucrative venture together and keep the violence to a minimum."
Utrath Pallan wrote:
"This where the job is?" "Utrath, call me Utrath, we are to work together, yes?"

"Neither do I know what this work is that you speak of, I was summoned here and told I would be given answers for the vision that I have had, and apparently a few others have shared." I say looking sideways at Jaidoh and Finder of Stones.

Ostog Oath-Breaker wrote:
"It has been many nights since I last saw a feast like this. Who will raise a jug with me?"

"This is the first sensible suggestion made to me since arriving in this blasted city." I say looking at Ostog. Grabbing a Chalice of mead I raise my glass in his direction. "To discovering why fate has brought our group together." I say Quaffing the drink in a single pull.

Sorry about all the posts at once, just catching up. I usually only get the chance to post once a day. Sometimes once in the morning and once at night.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Jaidoh's eyes open wide when she hears that both of the Shoanti too had the same vision of shadows as she. But she remains silent realizing that information is valuable. This she learned many times in Nidal as she watched friends taken away to be questioned, few were ever to be seen again, and those that she did see again, were not the same people.


Male Human Fighter 1

Alcaydian cocks one eye brow at the mention of visions. Being simple man he finds such comments unsettling and he shifts in his chair a bit.
He's never seen a person look quite like Jaidoh. The fact that she clings to the shadows with such ease seems unnatural to him.
"You there in the corner. Are you feeling ok? That is I don't mean to imply that you don't have attractive features. That is you are an attractive woman but you just look a bit well umm ahh off?? Maybe you should eat a little something. It'll put some color in your cheeks. "
To the big boys Alcaydian raises a glass and says, "I'm happy to see there's few folk here capable of doing some heavy lifting. I didn't get a real clear idea as to why I should come here today. Just trying to feed the fam."


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Jaidoh continues to stay in the shadows, but attempts to politely respond:
Where I am from, trust is earned. Until I know who you are and why we were summoned, I prefer to remain where I feel safe.


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

Coming from a simpler setting, I just grunt at Jaidoh's comment and settle back in my seat, getting comfortable, and setting more of the food around the table on the plate before me, sampling various dishes.


Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

Ostog sets the jug down on the table as Finder of Stones mentions the vision. So it seams Freja might not be the reason for me being here just the guide... I'll find her anyway. He thinks.

He then turns to Utrath paying closer attention after the comment about living stone, now seeing what was meant. "Erastil quell the fire you're really stone?" He bursts out.


Male Human Fighter 1

Prior to Ostog's comment Alcaydian hadn't realized that Utrath is indeed made of stone. Being a city boy, Alcaydian has seen his fair share of non-humans passing themselves off as humans, for what else could it mean to do so in a city of predominantly humans. Still this being was new to him.
" Pardon my inquisitive nature, but what exactly are you? You looked human enough when I first saw you but now I can see that you're made of stone? Did the dwarves make you?"


Male Oread Druid (Cave Druid) 1 HP 20/20 AC: 17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+6

Utrath eyes the one called Alcaydian, "No my skin is not granite, it can be cut and bleed the life force just as easily as yours. I am human as you are, but for my ancestry and bloodline, this is how we are, were." His voice for the first time holds emotion, a depth of sorrow only known to those who understand how far the earth can part and drop into blackness. He continues slowly, "Though until some of your surface dwellers came and encroached upon our holdings, I had not spent so much time above the ground. I once sought revenge, for those I left behind, but it seems my search is in vain. Now I need make a life until I can return home." He stops speaking and slowly contemplates what he has just said. After a moment he nods, "Dwarfs, yes they were our friends."

He looks at the fighter "And you, you too will take employment as a protector?" His gaze moves over the Ulfen, "As will you Ostog, you employ as a protector and guide? "


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

1d20 ⇒ 6

"I think everyone has introduced themselves sufficiently now." comes a squeeky voice from somewhere and as you search for the owner of the voice the chair of Ithir fills with a Gnome appearing from nowhere, fiddling with a ring on his finger and looking to the group. "Welcome all. Times are tough for me and my associates in the city, but once I heard some of you were looking for answers or work I felt like we could help each-other out." he leans back as he takes a good look at everyone.

"Understand, I'm not with the Sczarni and I strive to remove them from the city. My dealings are in information and the odd item or two people would like to be imported without all that red-tape." he states as he just sits there calmly, pouring himself a glass of wine from one of the bottles that was left available. "First, I'd like you all to discuss your reasons for coming here. I know perfectly well of course, but as you'll be working together you can help eachother better if a clue becomes apparent to one of you."


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Still unsure of the others, and rather surprised by the appearance of the gnome, Jaidoh pauses for a moment, and then decides that rather than awaiting the men, she would step forward and speak first.

Stepping out of the shadows and lowering her hood, you see a petite, almost frail looking, woman. However, it is her nearly colorless white skin and hair which stand out most, causing her dark eyes to shine forth.

I am Jaidoh. I am here because I had saw a shadow of this city, and in the shadow the city was in flames. I have followed the advice of priests of Desna with whom I have consulted and they advised me to come to this city, Magnimar.

And since some of you seem to be confused about those different from yourselves, I am from Nidal, the land of shadows and worshippers of Zon-Kuthon. I do not worship that monster, but I am from a long line of those who did, and, thus, am touched by the Plane of Shadows.


Male AC 14 Init+2 Per+0 Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +2 CMD 12 Oracle

I had a vision of Magnimar in flames. The statues of Magnimar are sacred to the Spire Clan, so my Eldars sent me to investigate believing Gorum is guiding me. This place is new to me, and the people here seem to trick eachother out of things instead of earning it themselves. This is strange to me. Finder of Stones says in a hurried fashion, still surprised over the appearance of the Gnome.


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

"I too had a vision of this city in flames, though it was while I was meditating in the forest that it came upon me. At first I did not know what city it was but its land marks are so distinct that I found out easily. After I found out what city it was I decided to travel here to find out how my fate was entwined with it." I say, looking at the others with my intense green eyes as I talk.


Male Human Fighter 1

"My great ancestor founded this city and I'll be damned if I'll watch it burn. I came here looking for work. Seems like I've found something."


Male Oread Druid (Cave Druid) 1 HP 20/20 AC: 17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+6

Utrath looks at the shadow woman questionably, "There is much stone in this city, it doesn't burn. I am a protector, that is what the Derexhi family has told me. It would bring me gold enough to live, I would not let the flames destroy the stone. It cannot happen!" He stands straight, his body looks immovable challenging the description of the burning city. His voice once more fills with sadness, "I must protect and work, earning enough gold to return back to the caves of my home. Under the earth in the north, where the surface world contains many wonders Mammoth riders and creatures of great strength and fortitude, there I would tend the beauty and keep the balance of the caves. I have failed to find those that did bring evil upon us and did destroy my home for the sake of a small sculpted statue. It is my shame to redress by paying this penance of work and maybe even bring justice on those evil thieves and murderers." He looks down, and shuffles back into the corner of the room, he remorse bringing on his natural introverted self.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

The gnome nods at the mentions of the visions.
"Many people in my service have described these visions. One is currently using dreamtea and she has found a few more details. Nothing concrete, but I will be looking these leads up and if you stay on I will inform you what I learn." he turns to the warior with a smile "I believe you need the money for your father and kids. You agree to stay on they will be safe and recieve a steady payment, keeping them on their feet. Not to mention the treasure you may come across."

He turns to Utrath then and gives a coy smile.
"You mean the statue made from Mithral of a giant worm-like creature bursting through the earth. Yes, people entered this town and sold it." he states off-handedly "Seems like it's gotten a lot of interest at a private auction house in the alabastor district. Give me time and help me and not only will I be able to buy the statue back for you in payment for your services, but I will have the names and locations of the men who have done this, not to mention the city guard will be able to turn their eye on the situation." his eyes then settle on Osteg "What of you? Is there a man you search for or beast? There have been many new and interesting people passing these walls, but I don't have all the information I'd desire yet."


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Jaidoh looks at the man with the stony visage:
I know not if the flames burned hot or cold. It was but a shadow of the future. What you all I think call a dream, but more than a normal dream.


Male Oread Druid (Cave Druid) 1 HP 20/20 AC: 17/T11/FF16 F+4/R+2/W+6

"It is strange you have these dreams of the future and they are shared, is it a weakness of the mind?" the granite colored skin of his face impossibly frowns, like waves rippling across a cliff face. "I have not met shadow people such as you before. You seem delicate and could easily break." as he looks the female form up and down, inquisitive as to her being, seeing only weakness, but wondering what strength is there that she was invited to work alongside Utrath. She holds no staff or wand like those of the arcane, or fetish like those shaman in the Mammoth Lands. He looks on, not understanding.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Jaidoh simply shrugs: If I were attacked under the bright sunlight, then yes, I could easily be broken. However, I have various abilities which make . . . breaking me more difficult.


Hp: 48, AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 15, F +6, Ref +7, W +2, Perception +8, Initiative+3

Ostog looks up as the gnome appears. "A gnome" he whispers with equal parts surprise and disbelieve. He chuckles while barely putting the bone down he is gnawing on: "So you're mysterious "

As Jaidoh steps out from the shadow and draws attention to herself Ostog drops the afore mentioned bone, grips his dagger from the table backing away from her pale as a ghost whispering: "Dark fey, by the wolves begone" As the others continue to behave normal, he looks on in disbelieve while cluttering a talisman. "She must have them enchanted," he thinks.

He keeps away from the table an Jaidoh while listening to the stories about the visions.


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Jaidoh looks at the large Ulfen with some confusion and concern:
I am no fey, most fey, both good and evil, fled Nidal a millennia ago. The heritage of my people is the curse of the vile Zon-Kuthon and the Plane of Shadow, just as yours is of the north and the Finder of Stones is likely that of the Shoanti peoples. She looks over at Utrath. And his is of stone and earth.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

"What she says is true." the Gnome points out looking towards Ostog. "Just like the Aasimar and the Tiefling, Fetchlings like her and Oreads like Utrath are touched by the planes of other creatures. Jaidoh by the shadow plane and Utrath by earth elementals, obviously." he points out in reguards to Utrath's appearance.

"I am only being mysterious because I wanted to know I could trust you. Today that has been proven true." he relaxs and gives a sigh "I have a few issues that need seeing to. Are you all ready to hear the details? You will be doing me and the city a favour."


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Jaidoh shrugs again: I am as ready as I will ever be I suppose.


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

"While I am hear I may as well support myself as the city folk do, I would do your work. Hopefully it will be aimed toward my strengths, but looking at who is gathered here it would seem that strong bodies are needed."


Male Human Fighter 1

"Just point me in the right direction."


Male AC 14 Init+2 Per+0 Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +2 CMD 12 Oracle

I will do what I must to unravel the secrets of this omen, and to preserve the sacred ruins of this city, even if the inhabitants are not worthy of such grace. Finder of Stones says with a touch of disdain. Though if you are true to your word good Gnome, than perhaps there is hope after all. He says after a moment of reflection.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

"Glad to see you on board." he nods and seems to look through a notepad he takes out from his robe and a pair of glasses to get a good focus on what's written. "Ah yes, three issues have come up that I'd like you all to cut your teeth on. The first is a personal one for me. Goblins have broken into one of my warehouses and are ruining my merchandise. All you have to do is get rid of them by any means and you can keep whatever they've taken. I can't sell something that those goblins have probably used to shave themselves of chew on. Clients wouldn't be happy. Oh and you'll each be paid ten gold peices in advance and fourty more each when you've done it."

As he says this he pushes towards the group a small pouch of coins.
"The second is a little more difficult. A group called the Men of the Crimson Banner has guarding a noble's rented warehouse. Normally this wouldn't interest me, but the import and export manifests don't add up. The harbour master thinks the noble in question is exporting something that isn't his doing something else questionable. He can't go to the guard because to accuse a noble will often lead to the end of your career, especially as this isn't solid evidence. So he came to me." as he states this he looks to to the group and back to his notes. "I need a group such as yourselves to get inside, take out the guards if possible and then my agent will inform the city guard. This is so that they take the credit and none of you get hunted down for your part in it, if this cargo is what I think it is." he says the last part grimly and looks towards Jaidoh "I think I'll understand, miss, when I tell you the nation the exports are heading towards are Nidal and I don't believe they are that interested in sixty pounds of fresh fruit."

"The final one, is a drug den owned by a Sczarni group known as the Gallowed. They've recently brought in a new drug and I'm very interested in learning what it is and what damage it can cause. Just like the first, the guards won't be concerned if there are a few less Sczarni on the street." he waves the topic as he says that off-handedly. "I will give you this bit of info before you all leave. All my agents on golarion have claimed that the cities they are in have had people who were haunted by this city being in flames, myself included. I hope we can find out what it is and stop it. If need be you may be the city's only hope."

He pauses for a moment and pulls out another small pouch of coins. "Forward payment for the third job, but fifteen gold start and fifty-five for complete due to the risk with messing with those thugs. Plus I don't believe I need to tell you that you can take any valuables off the enemies for yourselves, I have no interest in that. Just the drug from the den and getting those goblins out of my warehouse."

After he gives each of you a detailed location he points to the doorway for you to make your way.
"There is also a job board around various taverns including the one out front. If you can help the citizens of the city then I'll keep on feeding you information as I recieve it." as he states this he looks back to his notes, puts them away and then announces loudly "Come!" and just as before two figures meld into view out of nothing. One is a dark-haired woman wearing black leather and weilding a two-bladed sword. She appears to have just emerged from the shadow and the other is a white-haired elven man dressed in fine robes and is just stareing into his book. The Gnome gives a smile to the group "just for protection. Some people are after my head, you know. If you wish to see me again, come to this address." he hands over a folded peice of paper. "If I find anything I will let you know, but if you have something to tell me, please come right away."


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Once the gnome has finished, Jaidoh remains in the shadows.

If it were my choice, I think the goblins are the best choice. Small and annoying, but with you men we should be able to handle them and find out how each of us responds under pressure.

She then stops waiting for others to respond.


Male Human Fighter 1

"I agree with Jaidoh. Our party should be make short work of a bunch of goblins. Just be careful. I hear they carry diseases."


Male Human Barbarian(Superstitious)4 Hp:55[63]/55[63] AC:17[15] T:12 FF:16 Fort:6 Ref:3 Will:2[4]

"Agreed, Goblins will make us aware of each others fighting styles and should be pretty easy to cut our teeth on, they have no one to run to in the city for help should one accidentally escape from us. Also the guard jobs sound like they will be around guarding for some time whereas the goblins could leave at any time, and we wouldn't want that."


Male AC 14 Init+2 Per+0 Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +2 CMD 12 Oracle

I am willing to work, but what of the help you promised? What can you tell us about these visions. Finder of Stones says plainly.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Rabe the Huntsman wrote:
"Agreed, Goblins will make us aware of each others fighting styles and should be pretty easy to cut our teeth on, they have no one to run to in the city for help should one accidentally escape from us. Also the guard jobs sound like they will be around guarding for some time whereas the goblins could leave at any time, and we wouldn't want that."

"Not true, they seem to have made themselves at home there and are probably getting the items filthy or worse, eating my livestock." he shudders, not wanting to picture it.

Finder of Stones wrote:
I am willing to work, but what of the help you promised? What can you tell us about these visions. Finder of Stones says plainly.

"As I said, so far I know atleast most of Golarian has people who are reacting to these vision." he shrugs at the question "I will keep my ear to the group, but once I find out more I will tell you everything I know. Though the dreams are all centered here must mean Magnimar is the focus. Possibly something to do with the monuments. Again, when I learn more I shall tell you."


Female Fetchling Sorcerer - Shadow(Umbral) Bloodline/2 - HP 27/27; AC11; F+3;R+4;W+5

Are you saying that the guards are eating your livestock? Or the goblins?


Male AC 14 Init+2 Per+0 Fort +2 Ref +1 Will +2 CMD 12 Oracle

Goblins can be destructive. I agree in removing them from the holy ruins of this city. Finder of Stones says in aggreement after hearing the Gnome's response.


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia
Jaidoh Palumbra wrote:
Are you saying that the guards are eating your livestock? Or the goblins?

He seems repelled at the sugggestion of the human guards eating their livestock.

"The goblins of course. I have some exotic animals in there for certain cliants. The ugly critters would eat anything." he states, looking pale at those implications.

1 to 50 of 1,009 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Buried Secrets. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.