Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Broken Towers

Game Master JonGarrett

The Glorious Website
Unknown Town


3,801 to 3,850 of 3,871 << first < prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | next > last >>

GM of all he Surveys

Entering the washhouse is a simple matter for a little brute force - a crate of soap was the only thing blocking the door. The scent of soap is overwhelming here, a chemical cloud of an impressive degree, and the building is full of sacks of clothes, a ladder leading to the roof, stones basins filled with water from oasis via a sluice mechanism...and a hatch down.

It doesn't appear anyone else is there.


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Nigrum looks around they place in detail. He doubted a metal girl was going to cover up tracks and the desert had a habit of getting into any dwelling without constant care at that.

Survival (Track): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Will take 20 if allowed, unless I get a 20


HP: 53/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek turned to the construct before leaving, "Would you be okay with being moved inside one of the buildings? While I don't want to be shot in the back and can't trust you enough to untie you, I'd also don't wish you to be harmed by the elements or animals or others while we're trying to get duties dealt with."

Aibek will leave them if they refuse but would prefer to put them and maybe the other brothers in one of the buildings. Aibek also intends once that is decided one way or the other to take the guns and store them in the washhouse in the clothes bags to prevent being shot in the back by this one or others.

------

Aibek followed Nigrum into washhouse hut. Trying to clear their head of the invest soap smell, they looked around for anything beyond the obvious hatch down. "That's a lot of clothes..." comments as they look and store the guns in the sack. For so few people they've seen, sacks of clothes did seem...odd.

Perception+scent: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 3 = 33
Survival (Track): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


GM of all he Surveys

The machine responded, "If you so wish. Neither of those things will do me any harm here, however."

~~~

Although scent is useless in the building, thanks to such a heavy odour of soap, Aibek does manage to find something interesting...a second trapdoor, this one engineered to pull a box of soap on top of it once the hatch was closed.

A quick look into each hatch reveals two basements, both surprisingly watertight for being built into sand next to an oasis.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 50/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri looked at the soap for a moment, then shrugged. She had no particular problem with it. Once Aibek found places to look, though, Azri went first to take a look around.

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31


HP: 53/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

"With what I've seen around here, I wouldn't want to risk your wellbeing that you're right...I'll come get you when this is all done." Aibek said with a shrug before helping the tied construct into a nearby building, attempted to ensure comfort and safety before heading to the soap house.

~~~~

Aibek found the second hatch fascinating for a moment, moving back to let the others look as the soap was scrambling what the goggles gave them.

"I guess the secret one's more likely her path..." commented without much energy behind the idea. Aibek looked around for a few more moment before looking to the others for their thoughts.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 3 = 18


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"I am tempted to agree." Mihara nods, stretching a kink out of her neck, the long stretch hinting at tails which would be present were she not in human form. "A hidden hatch would certainly be my preferred escape path if I were on the run."

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


GM of all he Surveys

Interestingly, both basements contain a secret door which leads into equally well sealed tunnels. One leads away, beneath the lake, and the other heads back into town.

Tracking is proving difficult, however. Upstairs had an overabundance of footprints, making it difficult to tell which was the most recent. Down here the opposite problem becomes evident - there are no cobwebs to break, no dust to leave trails in. There's nothing to make it obvious which passage was used.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 50/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri was great at spotting some details, but not nearly so good at tracking - for her, trying to follow paths over stone was all but pointless. "I feel like they went under the lake, though..." she mused thoughtfully. It was mostly a guess, of course, but she figured it was as good as any.

Dark Archive

Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

"All paths lead to the same place in the end," Ayreth offers unhelpfully.


HP: 53/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

"Under the lake makes sense with the constructs not knowing where the Father is, they seem to be using the ones in the city to avoid people seeing them." Aibek guessed as they headed towards the door that lead away, slowly...

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 3 = 23


GM of all he Surveys

There was nothing obvious down the passageway, but it was lit. How, exactly, wasn't clear - odd glass orbs were imbedded into the walls every ten feet or so.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 50/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Down the passageway, I guess. Azri'll lead the way if nobody else wants to. XD

Dark Archive

Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

Ayreth does not lead the way.

Dark Archive

Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

Ayreth pulses with energy and heals the living members of the group.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Buff(30'): +2 luck bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls

Std: Channel: Living
Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 5) = 15
Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 3) = 8

HP: 54/54
MP: 6/7
Channel: 7/10
3rd: 4/5


GM of all he Surveys

Down the corridor the series of lights continues, until a t-junction forms. The corridors to the east and west both curve out of sight, and ahead of you all you can hear the sound of machinery. Just before the t-junction, in the corridor you're standing in, is a small door to the left.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 50/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri stayed well away from the channeled positive energy, preferring to instead use her touch and heal herself up as they walked. Shrugging slightly, and relying on her excellent senses, she moved towards the sound of the machines. That was usually more interesting.


HP: 53/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek nodded in thanks to Ayreth, pausing at the door before the junction to listen and look around for signs that anyone might be inside...

Perception+scent: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 3 = 17


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Nigrum nods to Ayreth.

Thanks.

Before taking his place as vanguard and keeping alert for anything.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


GM of all he Surveys

Nigrum notices something moving behind the door as he passes, quietly and trying not to attract attention.

Beyond the t-junction the path aims down, ending at a set of heavy doors surrounded by pipework some 60 ft from the junction.


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Nigrum waves for the others attention. Letting them know something is behind the door and it's skittish as best he can without making a sound.

Dark Archive

Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

Ayreth gives the "It's what I do" shrug before falling in line at the back.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 50/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri listened carefully as they advanced, having no intention at all of allowing something to surprise them.

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36


HP: 53/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek nodded to Nigrum's wave before they tried to slowly, quietly openly the door, gaze flickering around the room...

Stealth: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (12) + 22 = 34
Perception+scent: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 3 = 15


GM of all he Surveys

The door opened into a large bedroom. It looked functional, for the most part, but with a variety of touches to make it more soft, more homely.

It was not hard to notice the wardrobe on the far side of the room shut with a gasp of shock as Aibek entered.


HP: 53/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek smiled slightly, speaking softly to the others, getting more unsure as they continued "I think that's her, I'll try to talk to her, maybe look around the room..." Anything could be in there, but the witchwolf did not want to crowd the skittish sounding girl.

Aibek slowly walked towards the wardrobe, scanning the room before speaking, attempting a comforting tone similar to previously, "I am looking for the sister of the others, the one I spoke to earlier, one of the brothers said only she could take myself and the other councilors of Khalharum to their father who they said was the only one who could negotiate..."

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 3 = 14
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


GM of all he Surveys

The door opened a little. A small face peeked out - a human face, with dark skin and a single bronze eye was visible through the crack. "You're the gi...bo...uh, person I talked to before aren't you? Before the guns."

The eye looked wary. "What do want to speak to Father about? He can get grumpy if we interrupt him working."


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 50/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"Well, we'd like to discuss a mutually-agreeable arrangement that would help to ensure both our security and his own... I don't suppose that is worth his time?" Azri inquired.


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Nigrum looks at Azri.

"That's a child, keeping it simple should be best. We want to talk to him about his work, right?"

They did break his creations after all, not that they gave them much choice granted.


HP: 53/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek glanced back to the others in thought before returning to look at the child, trying to keep calm and even toned though Aibek continued to dislike what they heard about this Father.

"I am the person who spoke to you through the door of the laundry house. I am glad to see you seem alright after all that with the guns. I am an Aibek, the others and I are councilors of Khalharum. It is our job is to care for the area and part of that of that is talking to those who live nearby. I will do my best to be brief and to ensure he is not grumpy with you."

Sense Motive, particularly about her feelings towards the Father: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Clearly Aibek's judgement is too clouded for that...
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


GM of all he Surveys

"I'm not a child!" the girl replied to Nigrum in a huff. "Just because I'm the youngest, everyone thinks I'm a baby..."

Opening the door wider, the girl peeked her head out. She looked to be a teenager, by human standards. There was no obvious sign that she was in any way a machine.

"I can take you to see Father, but...will you go away if he doesn't want to talk?"


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 50/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"That depends. It's certainly in his best interests to talk with us - and if he's irrational, well, we do have to protect ourselves." Azri pointed out. "If you're worried, the best thing for you to do is convince him talk. The faster he starts, the faster we'll be gone."


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

Mihara recoils a bit at Azri's choice of words.

"It's very important that we have a talk with your Father; I promise we didn't come to give you any kind of trouble."

Mihara smiles warmly when the girl complains of being infantilized. "You know, I have a little brother back at home who would quite agree with you on that."


HP: 53/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek raised their eyebrows at Azri's comment, though really, it was pretty accurate though unsure how the sister would take that.

While thinking how to respond, Aibek heard and chucked at Mihara's comment, "My youngest sibling did that for a while, found it quite frustrating after growing taller than some elders...and another, she was older but shorter than...pretty much everyone, she got frustrated enough she wore her uniform pretty much everywhere which only helped a bit...some thought her a kid in costume." Aibek continued to chuckle at the memories, rubbing the markings around their right hand's ring finger.

Turning back to the...young woman, "It would be best to get some information for Khalharum's safety, that's the job, but if your father really doesn't want to talk and doesn't get violent towards anyone, I won't push things..." Aibek said with a shrug.


GM of all he Surveys

The young woman considered with a face of obvious indecision then nodded and headed out, gesturing for you to follow.

She headed down the corridor to the North, heading down the ramp towards the two doors. She considered the doors for a moment. "He's in here. Are you sure you want to do this?"


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 50/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"We wouldn't be here if we weren't." Azri answered, moving to open the doors and step inside. There were several reasons for that, but the biggest was simply that she was the most resilient in case something unfortunate was right behind it.


HP: 53/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek nodded in agreement with Azri, watching carefully as she went into the room. Pausing near the young woman, Aibek asked in a low voice and an attempt at a warm smile, "Any advice for dealing with your father? Other than to not to..." The shadow archon did their best to ignore their nerves, the shadows around their feet dancing up slightly giving away their racing mind...

Perception+scent: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 3 = 28
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


GM of all he Surveys

"Logic," she replied. "If it makes sense he'll likely be more interested."

Hundreds of pipes dominate this room, running to the large clear space in the middle of the room. A second pair of doors sit opposite the ones you have come. A strange thumping noise can be heard below, but there's no obvious sign of a living inhabitant. At least not at first. After a moment, steam poured from a pipe, creating a large face that began to form in the centre of the room.

After a moment its features refined into a stern looking male face, lines suggesting a significant age. "Well? What? I told you not to disturb me unless it was important."


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

Mihara drew from the well of experience, calling back to her past dealings with foreign merchant captains. Even tone, confident poise, enough authority to say "I will not be stepped over," but not so much that you instead say "I will step over you."

[b]"I would presume a diplomatic delegation from the neighboring city would count as important?"[/b}


GM of all he Surveys

"City? What City? Speak sense, will you? The only place close to a city on this scar of an island is Okeno, and that place is a hive of scum and villainy I have no wish to entertain. We don't need slaves and have none for you to take. Be off with you." The floating head rolled his eyes. "Honestly, it's as if people think I have infinite time to waste..."


HP: 53/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Logic. Aibek could be logical, sometimes. At least it seemed easier than many other options - like interesting or impressive or clever or powerful - so the shadow archon decided to try. They attempted to stand at ease as they say the weird floaty head rolled their eyes, with less diplomatic training it was more a soldier reporting to another officer on their thoughts on a task as they listed out the pieces for the Father's interest.

"Khalharum now has about 500 people, with further construction and efforts and repairs being undertaken by the people and the Nexus enabling further improvements. I am an Aibek, I and the others are councilors of Khalharum by the people's will and the Nexus's recognition of mark and symbol. Aibek gestured to their goggles and Azri's staff as one of the larger items before gesturing to the others.

"Some of the people of Khalharum are concerned about this village as it was hidden from view until quite recently. I am here because of that concern and, having mapped out this area not a moon ago when this village seemed not be here, I have my own concerns both to the safety of Khalharum from sudden unknowns and the safety of you and yours from recent activity on the island, and only in this room disturbing you as no one else in this village believes they have the ability to have this type of conversation."

Aibek's eyebrows raised, clearly expecting a response though not an explanation which they would prefer.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 50/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"Azri, likewise a councilor." the lichling said, introducing herself with a polite curtsy. "And as far as time goes... we do, in fact, have quite a lot of it. Deal with us fairly and reasonably, and we'll be gone quickly... and quite possibly for good. Who knows? We may even be able to supply things you'll find useful." Left unspoken? That she could make things inconvenient for people for a long, long time if she wanted to.


GM of all he Surveys

"Khalharum? Khalharum. Hmph. Too much power there, too much knowledge for anyones good. Five hundred people, you say? A village. A small village. But the place...the place is strong. Dangerous. And you lot have harnessed it? Strange. Worrying. And when we set up here, the Towers weren't active again. Who is the new one here? Who is the danger?"

The face smirked. "But, yes. My children work fast. Magic, pah. Temporary workings are no good. Bound in iron and gold. They work together. Stronger than flesh, less weary than bones. They built this place - planned it, too - within days. Worked out how to keep these tunnels watertight. They're smart, but not wise. Not yet."

He paused. "And no, they don't have the ability to discuss this. Not yet. They have souls," it added, glaring, daring anyone to argue, "They are fragile, new. For now, they must look to me - as any good child must. They trust too easily. Trust the wrong sort." His eyes narrowed. "They trusted, and slavers carried twelve of them way. Not again. Never again. You are afraid of what we might do? I fear what I know."

"Speak your words," he said after a moment. "What do you want here?"

Dark Archive

Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

Ayreth snarls at the mention of slavers, though sh isn't certain this "Father" is much better.


HP: 53/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek considered what the floating head had said as the witchwolf began to look around the room, "Some of the people of Khalharum have been here generations and their knowledge of the dangers sudden lights in the night can bring is what prompted their request for our visit. Khalharum is not a stranger to slavers, violent scavengers, devils who threaten all of these islands... I will not ignore the people's knowledge or fears. We are both new to them and dangers can come from anywhere. They want either assurances or knowledge to strengthen defences, I am here to get what knowledge there may be to the best of my ability for their sake. Trade for resources is also possible if you have need for more supplies to build walls or traps to protect you and yours, I imagine quite a lot was needed to build all of this so well."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 3 = 23


GM of all he Surveys

It's hard to read the otives of someone through this...sending, whatever it was, but as far as Aibek could tell he seemed grumpy at the interruption, and concerned.

"Oh, so all you want is the secrets of our abilities - how we defend ourselves, perhaps? - and in return we can have some raw material. Tell me - will the armoured one there explain the defences of your city, so I can find its weaknesses at my leisure?" The vision snorted in disdain. "How great a fool must you all take me for?" A moment more, and he added, "What kind of resources?"


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

Mihara's face quickly turns cross at the answer; had she not been in human form, a violent flick of her tails would have made her mood quite clear.

Her tone turns stern and authoritarian.

"It reflects poorly on you to interpret our words as you please to paint us as would-be invaders. My colleague asked nothing of you which would weaken your position towards us. We merely seek to learn of your purpose in these lands; perhaps a name, if I so dare ask?"

"If you would assume us ignorant enough to demand the weak links of your defense, let me return the question: How great fools must you take us for?"

She takes a deep breath to calm herself, and offers a merchant's smile, that of proferred mutual interest.

"Please understand our situation: We returned from our travels to find that a strange new faction now stood near our lands. We came seeking a potential ally, or at least, a peaceful mutual indifference, and were met with guards who could not provide us with the first bit of information, and refused all dialogue before opening fire."

"Where resources are concerned, my kin and I are working on establishing a new trade route landing in Khalharum. Surely, you could also find some benefit in this."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

As the head points him out, he shrugs.

"Everything has a weakness, that does not mean it will forever remain so. It is my job to know weakness and turn it into strength. I expect the same of others. You could tell me your weakness and I could tell you ours. But how long would that truly be useful. A day, a week, a month. A weakness exposed quickly vanishes. Only strength endures and grows properly tended. We are stronger, we wouldn't be here speaking if not. Yet we speak, unlike your own, while we need not."

It appears he has said his piece then starts again almost as a after thought.

"In ingots we have iron, cold iron, adamantine, and mithral. In tons we have wood and darkwood. In skins we have green dragon and basilisk. As well as alchemical materials. That is what we have on hand. She is the merchant."

He points to Mihara.

Thank you glorious website. :)


HP: 53/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek sighed in exasperation at the big floaty head as their words were twisted, they moved to look around the room as the other talked as the witchwolf tried to calm down. The shadows around their feet and hands jumped around the shadow archon.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 3 = 19

Hearing Nigrum list off resources, Aibek nodded in agreement and then added, "We also have the Nexus library should any of yours want access, that could be arranged along with lessons in new craft skills that are going on..."

"As we have previous dealings with the Shattered Glass gnolls and other hostile groups on these islands among other threats, we sought knowledge of yours at the people's request and for their sake as they know the dangers too well to just ignore this. That's the job. I offered resources for you to build better defences specifically to protect and prevent further loss. Your kin may be bright but as you said they are young and may build well but not know people well enough to make defences, there are no barriers or traps above, little beyond clever hatches. Single minded fear of others is not enough to keep anyone safe.

Aibek sighed, "Also, there are those in Khalharum who are knowledgeable about slaver networks, who have fought them, it's a distant possibility, but I can ask on your and their behalf if there might be a way to locate those stolen so work can be done on retrieving them. But before I can do that I would need to know more, first with her question of names and purpose here..." Aibek said, tilting their head to Mihara. They would do as they said, even with how annoyed they were with how this was going and at a so-called parent hiding behind magic and mirrors from apparently very vulnerable kin.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Dark Archive

Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

Ayreth clicks her heels together as she struggles to figure out why this situation tugs at her mind.

3,801 to 3,850 of 3,871 << first < prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Broken Towers All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.