Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Broken Towers

Game Master JonGarrett

The Glorious Website
Ancient Home -Ground Floor
Ancient Home - Second Floor
Ancient Home - Third Floor


3,501 to 3,550 of 3,592 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

Ayreth casts a light spell on her ring and holds up her hand as she enters the building.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

Mihara, retaking fox shape, slinks ahead of the party silently, as an advance scout.

Stealth: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (1) + 27 = 28

... and immediately proceeds to trip tail over head, turning into a small, furry pile of humiliation and offense.

... seriously?


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri followed along a little ways behind Mihara, not being particularly cautious... but maybe that was just her feeling that she was probably going to notice others before they noticed her. More to the point, by being a bit more visible, she'd be a better distraction from those who were sneaking...

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23


GM of all he Surveys

*Looks at Azri's last two perception checks and Mihara's stealth checks.* What have you two done to so royally offend the Dice Gods?

The darkened, ruined room still holds the remains of ancient grandeur even now. A long staircase leads upwards to the remains of a balcony with a door behind them to the west. A pair of double doors heads off to the north, and another set to the south.

The sound of footsteps comes from above, small puffs of dust heading west.

Map Time.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

Mihara regains kitsune form, and dives for nearby shadows, pressing herself against the wall to try and remain unseen.

Do I need another stealth check?


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Gotten absurdly high bonuses for our level, such that even low rolls are good results? XD


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

Being a Tiny-sized rogue tends to do that to you, as far as my Stealth goes.


GM of all he Surveys

You can roll again if you wish.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 1 + 3 = 22

Aibek looked around the area once more, making a few mental notes, before following after the others. As much as the shadow archon enjoyed had come to enjoy their solo late night walks over the last few weeks, the strange lights and eerie laugher and blood summoning put them too far on edge to remain standing there.

Looking over the house from a few minutes from the outside, Aibek tried to remember if they heard anything about such a big, broken building before. Walking inside with the others, stepping into the many shadows around them, the witchwolf looked around again as they pondered the building...and those footsteps. The shadow archon walked slowly in the direction. Unsure on what to do next, they looked around the place and to the others...

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Stealth: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (7) + 22 = 29 + Shadowmeld
Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 + 3 = 32


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

I'm good with my roll. XD It's fairer this way, especially with my bonus.


GM of all he Surveys

I'll presume anyone following the noise heads up to the second floor.

The partial balcony mirrored the room below, with doors to the north, south and west. The small clouds of dust faded away to the west, the sound of feet on the third floor retreating that way as well.

Ancient Home - Floor 2


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"Do you think it's another ghost this time?" Selena asks, following the others to the second floor "It's weird that it could do stuff this far from here, if that was the case."


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek looked around warily, taking slow soft steps as they moved towards the western door as thoughts raced through their mind. They considered Selena's words, both trying to answer and figure out their own uneasiness "It's possible or maybe they're just someone hiding out here who finds people messing with and seeming to be messed with by the weird lights in the middle of the night funny..." Too many unanswered questions to be following someone through a falling apart old house as they were...

At the western door, Aibek paused and considered before knocking four times and listening for any response from within while shifting to the south in case one of the others wanted to take a more direct approach -- or someone...or something...came flying out of the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 + 3 = 32

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

Ayreth whispers, "Possible, but unlikely. Ghosts tend to lack focus of thought for purposeful action. The things they do are usually spawned from extreme emotional outbursts."


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Seeing as nothing has come out yet he keeps alert and on guard but hass little to add. Except for maybe a thought or two.

"Aren't their monsters that pretend to be lights to confuse and lure prey. Maybe something like that is about."

He remembered the stories of never following lights if you get lost. You could trust the stars but not a lantern. Then again it could be a spellcaster of some kind.

Take 10/20 on perception


GM of all he Surveys

No one replies as Aibek knocks, but the door swings open from the force. odd, for hinges that should be an ancient mess...

Beyond the corridor stretches off into darkness, as far as you can see. Faded paintings and dust coated wall hangings cover the walls, and the floor is laid in decorative tiles. Three doors can be seen, and two side corridors. The corridor continues west as far as your Dark Vision and lights can reach.

The faint dust hanging in the air, slowly floating down and settling, is the only evidence of the passage of whatever is above.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"Also, I'm pretty sure ghosts don't make walking sounds." the group's undead observed thoughtfully. "I mean, you know, the whole intangible thing they've got going on." she did, however, take the lead in going forward. Many undead were only hostile to the living - which she was not - and her senses were sharp enough that she was fairly sure she could notice them coming.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

"True, unless they're doing it on purpose..." Aibek considered before following Azri with incorporeal steps. In the past few months, the shadow archon had found a few tricks with the new ways their shadows and body worked.

Looking down the corridors made Aibek....well, more uneasy. They thought the house had been smaller than this but the hall seemed to just go on...

"Which door should we try next?" Aibek pondered as their amber eyes looked around the hallway, their mind filled with turning, changing thoughts...

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 1 + 3 = 16


GM of all he Surveys

Thankfully, the corridor went only a few more feet before a staircase emerged, going down and going up.

Befre you reach it, however, a light flickered in the corridor the North.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

Mihara holds a hand up for the group to hold up. Once again, attempts to silently approach the corridor. Once in line of sight, she vanishes out of sight of the party, and attempts to surprise the source of the light.

Stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30
Mihara will use her Vanish supernatural ability to be invisible for one round, then step out in front of the corridor. Unless immediate peril is obvious, she uses her Long Step supernatural ability to teleport across the hallway and catch the source of the light (hopefully) by surprise.


GM of all he Surveys

Mihara moves in time to see a small glowing orb the size of two clenched fists floating down the corridor to the West before vanishing down another corridor.

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

Has only Mihara seen the light?


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"...Want to follow where it goes?" Azri asked idly. It could be leading them towards a trap, of course... or be a message... or be something else entirely. You never really knew unless you were willing to find out, but following the straight path also had its advantages. She was fine either way - it wasn't like she was going to get tired anytime soon.


GM of all he Surveys

If others joined her in her trip down the side corridor, they'll have seen it too.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek followed the others down the corridor, walking slowly as they tried to listen and see and figure things out.

The witchwolf considered Azri's question for a few moments, "They do seem to be our best lead...more strange lights..." they commented with a sigh. Following lights was not the usual way the shadow archon liked to do things but they would follow the others in this hoping that this could be dealt with soon and the people's concerns about these light would be eased.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 1 + 3 = 30

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

Ayreth whispers, "Maybe we shouldn't follow the lights. I mean, if our prankster is using them to distract us. Didn't it sound like they were upstairs?"


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek turned their attention to Ayreth, thinking for a moment before quietly responding "That...is also a possibility. These lights so far do seem to be messing with us." before gently patting Ayreth's shoulder and heading towards the staircase leading upstairs...


GM of all he Surveys

Before Aibek is able to head up the stairs, they notice something - another mark, not dissimilar to the one Azri found in the courtyard.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek paused as their eyes caught on the mark, their incorporeal self solidfying as they stopped, tilted their head, and pointed it out to the others though keeping a distance not to touch it. The witchwolf hoped it wasn't more blood, they stared at it for a moment before glancing to the others and around to see if there were any other symbols, trying to figure anything out from it.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 1 + 3 = 20
Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Knowledge History: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


GM of all he Surveys

In fact it was blood once more, and once more a symbol to call a creature of air. This time, however, the symbol is drawn smaller, and much fresher.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek sighed, "...more blood summoning, looks the same as the one out there...but more recent..." they said softly, still looking around as they began to walk towards the staircase leading up again, looking up to see if there was any sign of light or life up there beyond the sounds they'd heard earlier...

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 + 3 = 24 + scent


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"I'm getting rather annoyed by all this," Mihara mutters, as she follows closely behind Aibek.

Stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"Best to just keep up the pursuit, then." Azri said, rather cheerfully to try and keep the mood bright. Someone was trying hard to summon air elementals around their city... and she wanted to know why. Onward it was.


GM of all he Surveys

The landing to the third floor was more of what you had come to expect, with a door to the south and the east. The eastern door hung open, however, and a corridor mirroring the one below was visible.

Footprints could be seen in the dust, leading to the door closest to you all.

Third Floor.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek, having paused at the bottom step to look up, soon followed the others up. Footsteps in the dust... door... weird symbols. It all felt weird. Aibek sighed to themself as they looked around the new floor.

"Thoughts?" Aibek asked the others as they glanced between two doors...

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 + 3 = 24

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

"Weird is becoming normal," Ayreth offers.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"You don't have a very high tolerance for weird, do you?" Azri asked as she passed Ayreth, following the dusty footprints and staying on alert for any trouble that might be behind any given door.

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (18) + 21 = 39

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

"Huh? Isn't that basically the opposite of what I said?," Ayreth asks in response, dumbfounded by the snarky response.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"Look at our group," Mihara chuckles. "Weird has been with us from the start."


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek glanced between Ayreth, Azri, and Mihara as they tried to follow the conversation the witchwolf had not expected from their question, "Coming across things and situations many would find strange does feel almost like a normal occurrence these days. With the...unique combination of backgrounds currently here, that one here finds something weird likely means many more would find it quite bizarre or frightening which might be a good thing to keep in mind. They may just be trying to scare people away...or they're up to something more sinister. I lived with someone who specializes in summoning for several years but I've not seen one done in blood before... she has strong opinions on using 'party tricks' though..." Aibek said as their left hand rubbed the palm of their right while considering.

With a sigh, they shook the rest of the tail of their tangent of thoughts away, Aibek approached the south door and again knocked, and listened. South was far preferable to this Aibek than the east...

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 1 + 3 = 30


GM of all he Surveys

There was no response to the knocking and no noise from beyond.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

And nothing following the tracks we were following, eh? Interesting... Off to the next door, I guess?

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

Ayreth follows at the back, as usual, while humming softly.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek paused for a moment to observe the silence and lack of motion after knocking before opening the south door. The witchwolf glanced over to the humming Ayreth before slowly stepping forward...

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 1 + 3 = 31


GM of all he Surveys

Inside the room a small circle of candles had been lit, there light flickering as the door opened wide. Inside were a collection of items, each in a chalk outline of strange symbols. A cold power snapped along the lines of charlk, and small clouds of fog gently floated off it.

Knowledge (Arcana) DC 18:
The magic is something of a centre to the spells you've seen throughout the city, calling whatever it is to be present.

Knowledge (Arcana) DC 25:
Destroying the circle should cancel out the effects of the other circles. Doing so won't banish whatever has been called, but they'll no longer be compelled to be here.

Knowledge (Arcana) DC 28:
The circle has a secondary effect, in that it keeps all but a handful of whatever it is at bay. Destroying it completely will allow them entry. Altering it will disable the calling effect while keeping them away, still.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Know Arcana: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

Azri... wasn't even remotely as familiar with the symbols in question as she would have liked, which was just a little bit embarrassing for the lich who wanted to be the city's arch-magister. "Uh... I feel like I should dispel that. Anyone mind?" she asked.

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

Trystt's humming stops suddenly at seeing the room. Her eyes roll up and she explains what she knows of the runes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Kn: Arcana + True Lore: 1d20 + 7 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 20 = 38

True Lore: 1/2


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

"No, that's fine if you..." Aibek started to say, shaking their head no, that they didn't mind at all - if Azri thought it should be dispelled, Aibek would not argue with her who knew so much more about magic - but then the witchwolf looked to Ayreth and froze a bit. Still not used to that...

When Ayreth finishes explaining what she knows, Aibek first asks Ayreth if she is okay before looking between Ayreth and Azri and then to the others, "Sounds like altering is better - keeping whatever away without calling some here...or would it better to remove the magic and deal with them somehow?" Aibek said, sounds very unsure but trying to get it...


GM of all he Surveys

"Let me choose for you," a voice replied, low and horse. The magical circle suddenly smeared, as though someone had rubbed it out with something. After a moment a handkerchief fluttered down in the remains, coated in chalk.

The energy of the circle dissipated with a shuddering crack! and a wave of cold swept across the room. "There you go," the voice replied smugly, moving backwards. "Enjoy the attentions of the Whisps, do," it added, "Since they'll enjoy you."


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

A soft growl of irritated surprise was on the witchwolf's lips at the sound of the unknown smug voice, their mind jumping to ideas while their eyes and ears try to catch up with what was going on.

"...who are you?" Aibek asked with tentative incorporeal steps, "is this and the symbols in blood yours?" curiously Aibek continued...

Knowledge: Planes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 1 + 3 = 27 + scent
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

3,501 to 3,550 of 3,592 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Broken Towers All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.