Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Broken Towers

Game Master JonGarrett

The Glorious Website
Ancient Home -Ground Floor
Ancient Home - Second Floor
Ancient Home - Third Floor


3,301 to 3,350 of 3,644 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>

Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Scheming is good. o wo~

Azri listened patiently - it was rude to try and pull someone's attention in too many directions at once, and she'd already said what she wanted to say. Besides, patience came easily to her - she could wait without moving for literal years if she had to.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

Mihara, too, opted to watch, having nothing to add.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Selena too, waits for the others to finish to talk: the junk ooze tried to hit her so much that she thought people were talking in celestial a minute before.
Ugh, between this and that giant slug, I really need a bath...


GM of all he Surveys

The Titan considered, then nodded. "It can be done. It will take a short period, but should be returned to you before this city is returned to it's home Plane."

Nexus responded, "In areas that can be monitored, Councillors, all seems well. Confused, but well. No Devils attacked, and a handful of Celestials moved to protect them from any strays, reassuring and calming the population."

[ooc]OK, I'm planning to move things along tomorrow. Any last buisness with the Celestials?[/b]


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"How long can we expect to remain here before we can return to our world? I understand that deceased folks of certain temperaments ascend to this plane after their death. There may be some friends and family I would like to take this chance to see again, if there is the opportunity..."

Was Zhen Chaotic Good? Any chance he might be around Elysium?


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri has nothing else to add, so I'm ready to move on. ^^


1 person marked this as a favorite.
GM of all he Surveys

Zhen was Neutral Good, which is Nirvana I think.

"You will be able to remain here until things are ready," Theric answered, "Which should not take long, as you perceive these things. Time can flow differently here, as it is needed."

~~~

Time passed, as time does, and with Celestial aid the city was restored to the state it had been in before your arrival. Indeed, and perhaps not surprisingly, the Hosts of Elysium made some small, subtle improvements. Probably the least subtle was the circle of runes now encompassing each Islands edge, hopefully to prevent such incursions from the lower realms.

Most of the work was simply resolidifying the bones of the city, and repairing the vast mechanism that allowed Nexus to function. The Infernal corruption was torn from it and fresh gears of blessed metals and stones were inserted to replace those lost. This restored some of Nexus' power...but the massive crystal core in the six smaller towers remained silent, inoperative.

On the third day the Host set down their tools, the work complete. Khalharum was in a better state than it had been when you had left. The village was cleaner, the food stores replenished for a month, medicinal herbs granted to the makeshift healer's tent that had been set up. Perhaps more, a peace that seemed to inspire the imagination hung over the city.

City Trait - Elysium's Calm - Craft Checks and other checks to create something permanent gain a +1 Bonus.

As the sun fades the Host of Theric gathers in the town square, a soft hymn in the air as they gather the forces required to send you home. The people of the town come and watch. In the centre sits the mighty Theric, who smiles and hands each of you a gift.

To Nigrum, he passes the reforged Tsui - now crafted from Adamantium, runes of Draconic and Celestial embedded into the hilt, but nothing mars the perfection of the blade.
Tsui is now an Adamantium +1 Merciful weapon.

Selena was granted a fine Unfettered Shirt

Mihara was given a pair of velvet Glyphbane Gloves.

Ayreth was given a pair of redShoes of Lightning Leaping.

Aibek was handed a handcrafted and complete set of Deck of Illusion cards.

And Azri was given a perfect Scarlet and Blue Ioun Sphere.

Gifts given, the titan added his voice to choir. A calm power flowed through the city, gently weaving with each stone, each brick, each ruined building and standing wall. It infused the city as the music brought images of home, of loved ones left behind, of the places where the heart ached to return.

Slowly, the music built up and reached a cresecendo...and then silence.

With a glance around, it became apparently that you were back on Stonespine Island. The Celestials were gone and the heat of the sun thundered into you like a hammer, it's harsh and brutal light so different to where you had been moments before.

Still, you had the sensation - there was no place like home.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Shinies were always good - and Azri was very appreciative of the gift in question, cheerfully tossing it into orbit a little over her head. She clicked her heels together three times before they were warped home (an old good luck charm), then smiled up at the sun as it met the barrier of her flesh mask.

"Well. That was interesting." she said brightly. "Shall we go get a status report from Nexus and see how the city's doing?"


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

As the party's departure is prepared, Mihara draws a scroll which she scribed the night before with her finest handwriting. She hastily adds the third and final verse.

Craft(Artistry): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

"If I may? I know it is not much, but I would like to offer a small token of my appreciation."

Mihara clears her throat and recites:

Wild land of true light
Your foes lay slain, be at peace
What nice gloves these are

~Yao Mihara

Mihara holds the parchment up high and allows it to be blown away by the Elysian winds. By her understanding, in such a place, her poetry would find a free spirit eventually, and thusly pass on.

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

Ayreth is very moved by the gift, especially since she isn't sure that she should accept given the circumstances under which they arrived here. But the pretty red shoes turn out to be too much of a temptation. Her eyes get a bit misty as she says, "<Thank you very much... for everything.">

"Very sweet, Mihara."

Overlord Jon wrote:

With a glance around, it became apparently that you were back on Stonespine Island. The Celestials were gone and the heat of the sun thundered into you like a hammer, it's harsh and brutal light so different to where you had been moments before.

Still, you had the sensation - there was no place like home.

Back home, Ayreth sings very softly under her breath ♪"Somewhere over the..."♪ After clearing her throat and shaking her head, she says, "It's good to be home, right?" As she rubs Emmitt's ears, she thinks, How can Khalharum feel like home already? Maybe because we've never had one before? She glances at the Symbol on her hand and then smiles enthusiastically at each of her new friends.

"There's still a lot of things to do. Where should we start?"


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek thanked the Titan with a bow before withdrawing back to the shadows while listening to the hymn, though not lending their voice. Looking through the cards, the witchwolf finds their eyes pausing on the pair of Joker cards, rising mixed feelings rolling through them, before reshuffling the deck, returning them to their case, and putting them away in the bag.

The shadow archon almost winces at the return of the harsh light and heat. There was no place like this but home for them still felt impossibly far away. Eyes moving to the growing shadows, pushing down the painful images, thoughts, and feelings the music brought up in them, Aibek glanced to the others as they spoke while trying to hide it all from their face...

"Checking with the Nexus seems a good start, they may be able to help prioritize what needs to be done better. Also checking in with Elie and Azerna if possible may give even more of a picture to figure out what the next step should be..." Aibek said, hesitation in their voice, eyes looking in the direction of the inn, before looking back to the others. Personally, they would prefer more of a chance to rest and private time to deal with the shadows, maybe try to contact their sibling, but the witchwolf pushed that aside to see what the others would want to do...


GM of all he Surveys

Checking in with your various allies reveals that everything seems to be OK. No one was left behind r hurt when the city moved, at least. Interestingly, Nexus doesn't think you have been gone from this dimension for more than a few hours, compared to the days you spent in Elysium.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"Time moves strangely between the Planes." Azri said confidently. "Best to not worry about it. Nexus, exactly how much of your capabilities have been restored, and are there any matters you think need our immediate attention, or will need attention in the near future?" Might as well make use of their wonderfully intelligent city.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Selena takes a deep breath and sighs happily when the city reappears once again on Stonespine Island: staying there on Elysium gave her a slight sense of unease...
"Yes, I think asking Nexus is a good idea." the half-succubus nods "I remember we had those undead roaming around the cost, no? Maybe we should those out if Nexus hasn't got something in particular to suggest."


GM of all he Surveys

The fountain responded, "Although the Celestials repaired much of the harm done during the fight with the Devils, I am still a shell of what I was. In comparative terms, I have some small spell casting ability, and about 30 of the Tower Guard remain functional. Neither function beyond the city boundaries, of course. However, what remains to me is stable, for now. I have no pressing concerns, nor information regarding the undead Councillor Selena mentioned."

Just to be clear, Nexus is effectively a 10th level Sorcerer, the sheet of which I'll polish off later. Nexus' spells only function within the city, however, and as mentioned the Guard can't leave either. As more of those Crystal cores you saw are repaired, rebuilt and replaced Nexus will both grow in power and gain additional spellcasting abilities.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"I see. In that case, what's the best thing we can do to repair you right now, defined as the most positive return when considering the cost, risk, and time needed to accomplish it?" Azri inquired. The sooner Nexus was properly functional again, the better, and it would definitely help to know what the next steps ought to be.


GM of all he Surveys

"I...don't know." The voice sounded vaguely uncomfortable with the idea. "I am afraid the knowledge of how the cores work, and how to construct them, was kept from me. I am also unaware of my origins, although I am unclear as to why on both accounts. I can only theorize that I was not entirely trusted by my creators, either in myself or to hold those secrets from others."


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"Well, if someone hostile to the city got administrative rights..." Azri mused. "All right, we'll just have to handle it ourselves, I suppose." That was all right, too. She was planning to be here for a long time, though... and intended to fully understand the way this place worked. Eventually.

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

"So, umm, the uh, undead problem...," Ayreth starts, clearly uncomfortable, but not looking at Azri. "...seems to pose an immediate threat to the people here. So, uh, I think Selena's right that we should deal with that next."


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek nods, rolling thoughts around and slowly letting out a breath before talking, "Getting rid of them will likely be the next and quickest thing that can benefit the city greatly -- and getting letters and such in and out should be easier once they are gone, I have more I need to send soon. Not entirely sure what we're dealing with, I think it was mentioned that they were unusual, but are there supplies needed to pick up first?" eyes looking around the group though landed on Azri. If they were fighting werewolves, skin walkers or shadow creatures, Aibek would assume the others would want their information so it seemed natural if not the most polite to ask Azri...if only because needing things that would hurt those undead causing problems without harming their favourite lich.

The witchwolf wanted this over with as quickly as possible and tried to remember if they had heard anything particular about these undead...

Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


GM of all he Surveys

You recall people mentioning that the plants aren't exactly undead, but are instead infested with some kind of spore or plant. They don't seem to be unduly intelligent, but are able to use basic tools and perform simple tasks such as rowing.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri just blinked as the others all looked at her. "...What?" she asked, apparently not worried in the slightest. But then, she still had trouble with emotions. Fortunately, they were all rested after everything they'd been through, so she was ready to get back to work anytime. Not really needing to rest was a wonderful thing.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

A small half smile grew on Aibek, thoughts rolling in their head as they saw Azri's reaction. For me, there is the concern of ensuring we have appropriate supplies -- get this over and done quickly -- and that any strategies used on them do not harm you.

A pause came across clear on Aibek's features as a thought rolled through, "Also, I'm pretty sure a boat from the harbour will be needed after getting any supplies...so it should be consider anything we might need to fight from a psuedo-infected-undead-plantish-creatures on a boat..."

Aibek shrugged away the thoughts that followed before looking around the group and adjusted their backpack in preparation to move on.


GM of all he Surveys

After gathering what you need, you head to harbour. The three captured ships you have are docked, although one is being re-fitted to make it more of a fast frigate than the merchantman it had been. You can easily locate a crew for one, however, in the tent town and repurposed buildings that has grown up from the former slaves.

Captain Redbeard's vessel is also still in the harbour, and likely will be for some short while yet. You could choose to ask him to take you too.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Quite frankly, Azri would rather recruit a decent crew from the city and staff a vessel themselves. It set a good precedent if the city used its own resources instead of relying on others, and after the recent... events... it would probably do everyone some good to get them back to work with something mundane. Besides, having a job tended to make people feel better about themselves.

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

"Should we ask the Captain to take us? Or ask for volunteers? Either way, we should let them know what we're planning."


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"I think we should ask the captain: it may be dangerous, best to have people that can take care of themselves with us."


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Nigrum shifted under his armor.

"Had some of the former slaves taken my offer to train, they would be ready for battle. Our military ship would be crewed and ready. Weaklings can not object to their own willing weakness."

He grumbled but added nothing else. They shared an island with slavers, he had no illusions that his comrades could protect them all. Such was their choice, to remain weak and unskilled. He could only hope that some honorable warriors would find their way to their city. At the very least those that would be willing to learn.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"One does not grow a field of wheat by throwing down crumbs and spitting on the ground," Mihara comments.

"Though it may have felt like a long time, we have only been about for a short time. There is yet time to grow our forces. Had some of the former slaves accepted your offers, they would still be learning to hold a sword, nevermind how to swing it."

Then, with a little more of an edge, she mutters under her breath.

"... and need I remind you that the last time I sought to learn from you, you rejected my request?"


GM of all he Surveys

Remember, you've literally only been here about 3 days, plus 3 in Elysium. They haven't really had time to start training. Plus, they're literally refitting the ship.

Overhearing your discussion, Redbeard offers to either take you or help in finding who among the refugees will make the best crew, officer and captain.


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

"Slavery is known in my homeland yet none of my people are slaves. We train from childhood to use a sword. We kill slavers who try or die, they learned quickly not to even bother. Their is no excuse for wallowing in weakness."

They had their whole lives to learn the basics before now. His mercy was reserved for the young, not those that failed to take an opportunity or make one of their own. At her last statement to turns to look at her.

"You requested a duel, not training. They are not the same."


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"Refugees." Azri told Redbeard. "I'm sure we'll have a social safety net eventually, but for now, I want people to get used to the idea that as many of them as possible need to be working instead of sitting and waiting." ...That was what refugees usually did, right? She wasn't actually too sure, but the word wasn't associated with industriousness, so...


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Nodding politely to Captain Redbeard as he approached, Aibek followed the conversation of the others, eyebrows raising upon hearing assumptions being made of the people who had been enslaved for shadows knows how long until a few days ago - particularly when they were right there, doing the work requested of them and some likely able to hear it all...

With a lot of mixed feelings, Aibek spoke up "It appears to me that those that can are already working on what was asked of them when the slaver ships they were forcibly on were brought here. I think they've done excellent work, making a lot of the opportunity here in such a short time after what they've been through. I can ask if some prefer boat work for the day if you all would like..."

Aibek was uncomfortable with taking possibly untrained traumatized people on something like this with so many unknowns, but held their tongue in place just as they tried to keep themself there. Hands behind back, twirling shadows around their fingers to relieve some of their tension, Aibek asked Redbeard if he knew of any of the refugees that he would recommend asking first...


GM of all he Surveys

"Well, I was going to recommend you ask some of these fellows - they know there way around a boat - but, well..." The Captain glanced towards the former slaves working on the ship, who are working noticeably less now and are definitely glaring more. "Still, a lot of the ones still in town are bust building more permanent accommodation or are still recovering from the slavery thing." The bulky Dwarf shrugged one shoulder. "I'd talk to a Halfling named Piper, if I were you. He should know who in town is fit enough and skilled enough to work a boat."


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"Training, sparring. One and the same. One such as me learns best from practice." Mihara shrugs.

"Piper, you say, Captain? It should not be too hard to find them. Shall we get going?"

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

"Uh, why the glares from them?"


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek slightly winced under the glares. As the witchwolf feared, they had heard - and it went about as well as Aibek thought such comments would. Anxious emotions swirled through the shadow archon as they tried to figure out how to smooth things down with the maligned group. First, Aibek moved over to Ayreth and with a quiet voice explained,

"They heard everything that was just said. Such comments don't make either of them - nor those with them - look very good: repeatedly calling them and theirs weak and implying they're lazy by those who've spoken to them little since their arrival and ignoring the hard work they're doing right there and have been since being here - on the project that was requested of them by you all upon their freedom.

It looks particularly bad since they also heard the request for their help with the boat...being not really phrased as a request. It would not be too big of a stretch for it to be seen as treating them as...well...enslaved people by would-be masters - or rulers. They've asked for nothing - their housing was not their suggestion nor have they even asked for compensation for the projects given to them or the help some have given the town - so, they've asked for nothing, worked hard, helped as they can, and have just been repeatedly insulted by the people who just said they wanted to free them before and wanted their help now. Glaring is pretty nice under the circumstances. I imagine neither I nor any of the others would put up with such treatment so kindly."

The more Aibek spoke, the more the emotions rolls inside of them and the shadows around them flickered. No one deserved such treatment, such inconsideration - and as Councilors they had to set the example. Having sworn to help, Aibek would help do that.

Taking steps towards the ship being refitted, Aibek spoke up, looking back to Mihara and then the others, "I'm happy to go talk to Piper - once apologies have been made to them. I will do it unless someone thinks it would be better from them." Aibek went without stopping, shadows trailing behind their incorporeal steps. If someone wanted to join them, all the better for everyone, but this was the least help the shadow archon could give right now.

Upon arrival near the side of the refitted ship Aibek paused, solidified and pull their shadows to them, and raised their goggles from their amber eyes before bowing at the waist. "I humbly request a moment of your time to talk, if you permit... if you prefer, I will change to a more human form...I also have a shadow form but most find that more unsettling than someone with claws...". Aibek said, first solemnly speaking up over the sounds of work, then trying to add some levity to the tense situation. The witchwolf now wished they were better at this...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

Mihara takes her human form herself and follows Aibek. Having some experience with public seeking herself, she hopes to back up her ally's words. She bows to the gathered crowd and places a hand on Aibek's shoulder.

"You're doing great," she whispers encouragingly.

"We implore, we beg, for a moment of your time. Please hear our words, not as rulers, but as penitent would-be friends."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

Ayreth makes an effort to focus her attention on the witchwolf as the nuances of the situation are explained to her. "Oh dear, that isn't what we want at all. I'm certain people are doing their best given such circumstances."

Ayreth steps forward with Aibek in a show of support.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Selena stays silent by the others, letting Aibek and Mihara talk.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

They were in hearing range? I thought they were all much further away. XD ...Not that Azri's very socially adept to begin with... *Rolls with it*


GM of all he Surveys

Well, if the captain was close enough to notice your need and come over, the Slaves certainly were.

The slaves look mostly confused, and then startled at the idea that not is someone important talking to them, someone important is addressing them with significant respect. They looked among themselves for a few moments before one of the gang leaders stepped forward. Which was impressive, given he was standing on some planks of discarded wood floating in the water. "Uh, yes Miss Mihara, Mis...si...uh, Boss Aibek? We'll be happy to talk."


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Not enslaved people anymore GM :P Also 'Boss Aibek' made me laugh...

Aibek stiffened at Mihara touch's for a moment in surprise before nodding gently to her words. Upon hearing the ship worker, Aibek stood up straight from their bow, glancing over to the others before looking to the person talking. With a small smile, the witchwolf said "Aibek is fine. That feels more than enough of a title. It essentially is to me... with a small shrug.

While emotions spun through the witchwolf, words were more difficult to find. With Mihara's words in their ear, Aibek continued, "I wanted to make a friendly inquiry into the work and conditions of you and yours...and attempt to make apologies and amends for the...disparaging attitudes and comments made about you and yours which are not representative of myself or...of many others...nor..."

Aibek's flickered to the others for a moment as the words continued, "...Nor was it appropriate behaviour, particularly not for those who wish to rebuild this city as I have sworn to help them do and that till require considering all fully. I hope, you and many of yours will be able to assist with further. I am sorry for any pain caused and I hope I will be able to talk to you and yours more later under better circumstances... after the strange problem that is on the wrecked boat near here that is causing issues is dealt with..."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Nigrum tells the others not speaking to the exslaves.

"I'm going to check on the progress of the ship."

He wanders off below deck. He had no taste for pandering to fragile egos, he never complained about anything. Considering he had been burned, stabbed, slashed, beaten, eaten, thrown up, whipped, and much more he didn't see how mere words could compare. So long as one's honor is not insulted, it mattered little if at all. If they felt his words untrue or their honor sullied, they should challenge him. That he could at least acknowledge, whining and anger over one's own weakness rather then seeking to change it. That he could not. Were warriors as rare as water in this desert, perhaps they would prove just as precious.

Real softie isn't he. ;P


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Considering the earlier reaction to her statements, Azri decided to keep her mouth shut. She could be patient as long as necessary, and there was no need to push the issue at the moment. In the end, everything would be fine.


GM of all he Surveys

The ship was still weeks from being ready. With limited lumber forcing recycling, and the fact the harbour has no real dockyard or equipment, its a difficult job. The ex-slaves are making up for it with brute force and creativity, repurposing building equipment. The main issue is reinforcing the flanks and the prow, making it so the ship can withstand the kind of force a warship is required to, and massive additional bracing is already in place. It's probably best not to enquire as to where, exactly, the wood came from. Most of it looks like it was plundered from the city ruins.

Outside, the former slaves looked at each other. Once more confused. "Thank you," one said after a moment. "It means a lot to have some respect. Most of the rest are still feeling the lack of food and rest, still healing in that and other ways. Some of us got hurt fighting those Gnolls. But you people freed us. Didn't have to. Could have sold us. But you did, and we appreciate that." He glanced at the hold where Nigrum had vanished, suggesting he appreciated being called weak less.

Another piped up, "We heard you needed a crew. Some of us can do that for you, if you like."


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Nigrum poked his armored head above deck for a moment.

"Surprisingly decent work considering things. We may want to speak with Azerna about finding some wood for them. I believe if any can be found locally she would know, or perhaps Nexus. If not then we may have to import some."

Unless held up he returns below deck to keep inspecting.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri tilted her head as Nigrum spoke, mulling over her options. Maybe they could find a few open-minded druids to grow some wood for them. If they pointed out that the city would use wood anyway and this would stop other places from being deforested, then maybe...? Hm. Well, things looked like they were proceeding, so it was all good for now.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek nodded in thought to the people while listening to the people in from of them. Looking up at the second person who had spoken, Aibek said with a warm smile, "If you and some of yours would be willing to help crew the boat that is needed to deal with the problem, I would appreciate it. Of course, compensation will be discussed prior to departure."

Amber eyes were dragged to the swordman's action on the ship briefly, expression quickly returning to a schooled mask, before Aibek's looked to the others and then back to the ship workers, letting out a deep breath as more thoughts, ideas, and emotions rolled around inside them and the list of things Aibek focused on adjusted to the situation and people...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


GM of all he Surveys

With the variety of kind words spoke, some of the people talk among themselves and work out who has the most sailing experience, with some advice from Redbeard. It's perhaps not surprising that many of them were sailors before they were caught and collared, and although Nigrum especially gets some pointed stares, you are soon sailing out of the bay.

It takes perhaps half an hour to find what you're looking for - a long, heavy warship, her masts charred by fire and her rudder partially missing. Ellie mentioned the ship had badly damaged before being driven off. The ship had then run aground on a reef and partially sank, but the bulk of the vessel was still above water.

Your crew informs you that taking your own vessel much closer risks the same fate, but prepares a rowboat instead. As you approach the ship you notice small vines have begun to cover the stern of the ship.

I'll let you make any plans you wish before boarding. No need for climb checks, with all the flying people. The ship itself is at an awkward angle, tilting 10 degrees to port and 20 to the stern, making movement more awkward but not dangerous...so long as you take care. Moving more than half your normal speed will require an Acrobatics check to not faceplant.

3,301 to 3,350 of 3,644 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Broken Towers All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.