Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Broken Towers

Game Master JonGarrett

The Glorious Website
Ancient Home -Ground Floor
Ancient Home - Second Floor
Ancient Home - Third Floor


2,501 to 2,550 of 3,644 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>

Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri shrugged, then brought her hand down, aiming for the Gnoll's neck. The gnoll was wrong about at least one thing - they were Khalharum's rulers. By Mark, Seal, and Trial, they'd been accepted by the city, and all would know this soon enough.

Can I Coup de Grace with her Negative Energy Touch...?


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Nigrum returns and before Azri could finish the beastkin he speaks, removing his mask.

"Pride in what? Your own people do not tolerate weakness, I doubt your god will be any more forgiving. You not only failed but did not die in battle, rather you were captured. By your own laws you are now a slave and will die as one, no use to your new masters and unworthy of even earning their favor with your foolishness. I keep my word, your tribe is doomed. You fail even to attempt to spare them their fate. As to denying us what we wish, in this you have failed as well. The living can choose, the dead can not, I am sure one of my comrades can compel the dead to speak with their magic. We will have our answers, your life, and your tribe in ruins in time. Perhaps I will start with that camp. All by your choices and pride, I wonder how fair the afterlife will be for you now."

He had shown no malice or contempt, only his strange eyes bore into the flind. A simple promise and conviction to carry out every word.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

While the Flind and Nigrum spoke, Aibek observed the Flind quietly. The witchwolf quietly walked around the captured Flind while taking caution to keep back from Azri and Nigrum, not wanting to get between them and any action they would take. Aibek was unsure on the Flinds words - though it was plausible there were several other ideas as well - and equally unsure on what to do with a now bound and blind person...

After a pause, the shadow creature pondered aloud while moving as close to the Flind as they dared, " Or maybe you are more eager to give up your life because you worry what your kin will think and do about being thrashed and caught. What do yours do to those who lose their ability to fight? I'm surprised you are not curious about that but not everyone is as I am. The shadows have your sight now. I was the one who told you all that the shadows would no longer give you sanctuary here. If you cooperate, you may get your sight back so you can re-earn your pride as a fighter rather than break your pride on the idea that one thrashing, one glance of shadows, is more than you can live with?"

Aibek moved back, still unsure and uneasy, glancing to the others, to the Flind, to the Tower and back again. So many thoughts circled around. The witchwolf would need to add finding out more about the Shattered Glass, and any other similar groups, to the growing list of things to do as well as the local's views on this type of situation...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 + 3 = 17
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


GM of all he Surveys

Sure, Azri can coup with negative energy.

The Gnoll laughed bitterly. "You don't understand. Your time grows short. And no failure is mine - I did what I was ordered. The only stain on my life is this capture. And I'll pay for that with death. You can think me a slave if you wish, but you haven't the stomach to break me. You and I both know that. And you haven't the power to wipe out my people. You stopped a raid. Well done. You cannot hope to slay us all. I have birthed daughters and sons to take my place, and one of them will slay you all."

Turning her muzzle in the direction of Aibek. "Shadows or light, may they take your damned soul. My kill me and be done with it."


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

*Did this before all the talking, because she's more interested in getting it over with* XD

The gnoll was wrong on a great many things. For one thing, it wasn't like Azri didn't have the stomach to break her, she just flat out didn't have a stomach. But that wasn't important, and she simply straightened after severing the gnoll's head. "Come on - we need to see how the bridge is faring." she said, breaking into a sprint and heading back in that direction.


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Nigrum sighed. Replacing his mask and looking at the others.

"All gnolls are the same. It's true they spawn like rats but that does not mean their tribe endures. Kill enough and a rival tribe consumes them in one form or another. We only need to weaken them enough and their own kind will do our work for us. We should place a bounty on the tribe, Okeno will turn on them and they will be hunted by all. But that is for later I suppose."

He turns towards the tower.

"Should we go see what they have attempted?"

If no one stops him he mounts his hippogriff and takes to the air towards the tower. It mattered little to him what schemes were at play, if they refused to respect the sword then they would fear it. Words were empty, pride a weakness, and the truly clever had no need of secrets. Secrets were for those that lacked the ability to move by light, proof of shame in oneself.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"I'm no expert on Gnolls" Selena comments as she wipes the blood off the arms she was holding the gnoll with, retrieving her ropes "but I bet these guys were probably working for Okeno."
The half-fiend stands up, putting the bloodvine rope back into her backpack "Anyway, they were clearly going after something tonight. If they seriously attacked us, I doubt it would have been this easy."

Walking after the others, she throws a last glance at the corpse of the Flind.

So, bridge or tower?


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Bridge. They might still need help - we can always check the tower later. ^^


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek said nothing. Jaws and fists clenched, goggle covered eyes now seeming to be glued to the ground, Aibek chose not to speak.

As Nigrum flew off, the witchwolf swallowed hard, tried to take deep breaths, trying to push out the words and the thoughts. All the same...true they spawn like...kill enough..weaken them enough...should place a bounty on the... words Aibek had had aimed at themself and those they were born to and those they chose to be, hearing it again now - by an ally - made the witchwolf's stomach go cold. In a group with a shadow witchwolf, a lich, a half succubus and the rest, how could anyone good fall for such rhetoric...fall for the lie that any group is homogeneous...but then it was always those who saw themselves good, swore themselves to good, that came for them, that called for their deaths without question...

Uneasy, uncertain, unsure, chilled to the bone, eyes burning, Aibek tilted a head up, but kept a mournful howl that was rising from coming out. Swallowing hard again, the witchwolf listened, chose to remain silent, chose to remain in wolf form with fists clenched and waited for something, though Aibek knew not what...


GM of all he Surveys

The Gnolls at the bridge had broken off too, but were firing a hail of arrows to cover there retreat. No one seemed inclined to follow behind them.

Elie met you as you approached the bridge once more. Her shoulder is covered in a nasty looking gash, but otherwise she seems fine. "They're falling back for now. Looks like we're going to have a fun few days until they get what they want or they decide it's not worth it. Hell of a lot of them, though...I'm wondering if someone told them about all the new friends you brought from those galleys."

Glancing at Aibek, her brow furrowed. "Are you OK? You look angrier than I am."


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"There was a second group. We drove them off, but they made the mistake of attacking us." From her tone, it wasn't something she was going to forget anytime soon... and she was COMPLETELY serious about punishing the gnolls' tribe at some point. It might not be this year, it might not be next, it might not be in the next few decades... but somehow, some way, she would make it happen.

She would NOT allow people to believe that attacking the city entrusted to them by the old orc would work out well for them.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"You okay Aibek?" the half-succubus asks to Aibek: the witchwolf was as quiet has usual,

----------------

"It seems theu came here for something, and the attack here was only a cover." Selena says, tilting her head "THough, we don't know what and if they found it."


GM of all he Surveys

"Yeah, I can imagine. These were Shattered Glass." Elie shrugged. "They might not be nice, but they are smart. We'll have to check the city for whatever they did in the morning, and work out how to deal with that camp." She glanced around, her gaze linger on Aibek again.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Eventually, Aibek followed the others to the bridge, warily glancing at the Tower as they moved, hoping whatever the Gnolls had wanted with it would keep safely. Aibek continued to say nothing, thoughts turning over and back, and the witchwolf approached Elie still in wolf form without thinking on it - this was just as much Aibek as any other form.

Shaken from thoughts by being spoken to directly, Aibek attempted to neutralize whatever it was about their face and posture that gave their racing mind away while the others spoke - with no idea how successful they were being - before taking a deep breathe, feeling a need to speak under that gaze.

"Perceptive" Aibek complimented Elie with a small half smile that quickly faded, and then the witchwolf continued speaking while looking over at where they came with a sigh, "The group we fought said 'they'd gotten what they came for' and 'their intentions were done', how honest or what about is unclear like Selena said. The Flinds seemed particularly interested in the tower. A lot of checks will need to be done there... "

Turning back towards Elie, the witchwolf pulled the goggles up, squinting bright amber eyes while adjusting to light difference, Along with checks and investigating the camp and its inhabitants, if you have time tomorrow, I would like to discuss with you a few things, particularly something Xandrius said to me. Nothing urgent though apparently a matter in the forseeeable future...

Aibek sighed again, looking away, but otherwise tried to appear neutral in emotion throughout the discussion or at least no more on edge and anxious than typical for the witchwolf who was thankful that the night would give the emotions some cover...

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 for Aibek to appear as calm as they normally do even while obviously avoiding questions...


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

After a time Nigrum returns to the group, his flying mount landing at a gallop. While still mounted he reports to the others.

"I couldn't see anything from the air around the tower. They are ether gone or inside, how should we proceed?"

He was no expert of traps or magic, apparently the tower had much from what was gathered. After all the other locations were less vital and still greatly defended.

Sense Motive vs DC 27: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

As his gaze sweeps over his comrades, it lingers on Aibek. Facing Aibek he speaks.

"What has you so unsettled Aibek?"

Despite his sharp sword skills his delivery of the simple question is forcefully blunt.

XD ::Falls over::


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri smiled slightly. "Well, I'd like our solutions to be... permanent. The last thing we need is getting bogged down by a bunch of little pests when we're trying to properly restore the city." And they still had to clear out the harbor, too.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"While I agree that we can't have the city under constant threat, I'm not entirely certain I'm comfortable projecting too bloody an image. I do not wish to see Khalharum become the aggressor."


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

While Aibek had given a quick half smile to Elie and Selena to reassure and thank them for their concern, Aibek just gave a quick even glance to Nigrum, holding back a growl or a sigh - the witchwolf was unsure which - at the continued attention, particularly from the bounty hunter. Swirling thoughts about how now was not the time and Aibek's position were continuing the tension running through the shadow assassin's body.

Pulling goggles back down over amber eyes, the witchwolf said quietly, rubbing the wound absentmindlessly with one furred, clawed hand, "I agree with Mihara, gathering the needed information so we can separate targets from the rest would be my preferred start once we check the tower. Otherwise, it brings into question, for me at least, what kind of city we are attempting to restore. But philosophy can wait, the question now I think is do we check the tower now or wait until the morning?"


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Selena nods at Aibek and Mihara "I agree. Slavers are dicks, and we'll defend if we're attacked, but I really don't feel like assaulting anyone first: war is no fun for anyone."
The ones personally responsible for Granpa's death however...I can't wait to snap their necks off.
Kicking these grim thoughts out of her head, Selena massages the Calistrian symbol on her hand.
"I think we should check the tower now." she adds "Better not to wait around."


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Nigrum remained silent in his armored shell, his odd eyes seeming to fit all to well with the silvery draconic motif. Finally he weighed in with his own opinion.

"I think we should check the tower now. At the very least any clues will be fresh and at best we may catch whatever or whoever is trying something with in. I would not be surprised if another puppet of the soul fiend is involved."

He had been cheated twice out of honorable combat by the creature and it had ruined two fine swordsman in the process. He would not forget it. His mind drifted over to Aibek, then to the camp. He supposed priorities had to be made.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri refrained from pointing out that they had been attacked first. Her long-term view was that she didn't want people to believe they could be perfectly safe just by pulling back - Khalharum could and would respond. However, at the same time, she had no intention of bothering anyone who didn't bother them first - that was the encouragement to remain peaceful.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"Yes, the sooner the better." Mihara nods. If they did not inspect the wound, it was likely to fester by the time the morning came.


GM of all he Surveys

"You sure you want to head into the towers tonight?" Elie looked slightly uncertain at that idea.

Entering now will mean those of you who do the whole 'sleep' thing will need to make a DC 15 Fortitude save of be Fatigued.


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Fort DC 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Nigrum turned towards Elie.

"I am ready to go ahead. Why the concern?"

No hint of wariness or lack of energy in the warrior.

Fatigue is brutal for physical types so if you fail your save may want to consider pulling back.


GM of all he Surveys

Elie raised her three fingers. "It's the middle of the night, none of you have slept more than a few hours, and you have no idea what's facing you. If you want some advice, get some rest and make sure you have all the gear you'll need before going in. The Tower's don't forgive mistakes."


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"Giving things a second thought, Elie is probably right. I hadn't quite noticed how early into the morning it was. We had best regain our forces before we set out into the unknown, much as it pains me."


GM of all he Surveys

Returning to the Inn, you are able to get the additional sleep you need. When you awake late in the morning, Elie and Azerna greet you all. "If there's anything you might need, I'd buy it now," Elie re-iterates the advice from last night.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek returned to the inn quietly and, other than checking on Azrena and the inn's welfare and quickly answering general questions, the witchwolf returned without any other words to the others. Retiring to the small room, locking the door, disrobing swiftly, and crashing into pile that Aibek had left previously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Aibek's room:

Aibek wakes mumbling. The dream fades and the witchwolf struggled to recall it for several moments while laying there. Father's letter was still clear in mind, but the dream... shapes, patterns... with a sigh Aibek resigns that if a dreamer from the clan had come the dream would be remembered, if Arman, the youngest Aibek, had come...this Aibek would remember if only because of the guilt that would arise.

Sitting in thought, scratching at dark curly fur on one forearm while without thought nibbling at a claw, Aibek resolves that after the rest of the day's duties to see about tea leaves, and maybe tree seeds and saplings. For now, carefully dressing with far more brushing than Aibek has likely done in months before finding the washroom...

As typical, Aibek wakes early and spends a lot of time in a locked washroom and appears afterwards their usual type of dark loose outfit over armour, carefully cleaned barbed vest and neck guard, goggles in place though the front resting on the top of the witchwolf's head, and backpack ready.

Untypically, Aibek appears both before and afterwards in full witchwolf form and shoes replaced with what appear to be tough cloth wrapped into a precise pattern around the middle and ankle of each foot. Aibek had found over the years that wearing the shoes designed for one form didn't work well long term in another - and few shoes dealt with clawed hairy feet well for an extended period of time at all.

Aibek greets Azerna and Elie warmly, asking if there has been any new information on the situation or the camp the slavers seemed to come from while swirling thoughts continued in the witchwolf's mind. After pondering what they may need to buy - other than wanting tea leaves, tree bits, and other things that could surely wait until later - Aibek's mind focused mainly on the tower and likely tasks there to push out pain of wounds old and new and concerns over how others here and in the town will react to the witchwolf actively choosing to walk around as such.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Until Azri could get her hands on more crafting supplies, she had nothing in particular she wanted to buy. Once things started coming in, though? Ohohoho. Then things would really start to move. She was downstairs even before dawn, ready to greet the others - and see what things needed to be done today.


GM of all he Surveys

Final warning - if you don't have it in the Towers, you aren't gonna be able to go buy it until you head back out.

Breakfast is a cheerful affair, as people talk of the defeat of the Gnolls. Slaver raids have been driven off before, but never without losses - either to the slaver's or Pharasma. Between the extra people from the former slave ships aiding with the defence and your party blunting the second prong of the strike, today there are only injuries.

Elie gave you what little advice she could on the Towers. She didn't know much, as people had only explored the first few levels successfully. Experditions to the higher levels - where you must go - have been lost. What is known is that the Tower has established it's eco-system of creatures, many from one of the last Rulers menagerie. It's assumed that the former Druid's tower also contains enough plant life to keep such a system running.

It's also known that the Tower's defences are still running, but only after a fashion. Nexus itself no longer controls them, and it is unlikely they can be shut down or passed by usual methods. They will try to kill you, and there is nothing you can do about it but try to survive.

When you are done, and have prepared yourself, you leave for the Tower. Ancient doors lie in ruins as you approach the central tower - the only entrance, to get to one of the other six requires crossing from the main tower or another tower - and beyond, the entrance.

The ground floor of the tower contains function rooms, barracks and storerooms - all of which have been stripped bare. This level has been looted into uselessness by the generations before you.

There are three exits - the main stair well to the next level, a secondary stair well also leading up, and stairwell descending into the depths.

Perception DC 22:
Someone has been here, recently. Whoever it was didn't explore much and headed up the higher level.

The Towers are too large to explore each level as normal, so I'm simply going to give you the highlights of each floor and the option to leave that floor.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Although grumpy as usual as soon as she wakes up (particularly for having been interrupted during the night), Selena's mood quickly improves when she hears that there were no casualties during the night.

"So, where we're going first? This place is huge." the half-succubus asks, looking around.
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"If there's anything that seems too dangerous, let me walk into it." Azri noted as the group entered the tower. She loved her family, and trusted her abilities... but she could come back even from the total destruction of her body, and considered herself far more expendable than everyone else. Admittedly, building a new body was a pain, but it was better than losing someone else.

She looked curiously around the floor, but ultimately wound up wandering towards the stairs heading up.


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Nigrum comes down in full armor, eating little. As news trickles in about the night raid, he does not show any cheer or good mood. More a sense of indifference or even annoyance that they were caught unprepared and with poor defenses. None had taken him up on his offer to train them as warriors, even the most basic lessons could serve to improve their ability. Still it was their choice and he had other plans, given time and resources. While they had one they lacked the other it was becoming increasingly clear. He remained in thought for most of the meal.

_________________________________________________________________________

Dismounting upon closing in with the tower entrance, he keeps alert and watchful.

Perception DC 22: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Catching sight of the recent tracks he points it out to the others.

"Someone made a beeline for the upper levels."

Add +2 if tracking is allowed.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

One question that was never resolved: When we sent the various pieces of mail home, did Mihara send home one of the linked books? I raised the possibility of doing so but never got an answer.

The morning finds Mihara in high spirits, and quite willing to partake in the festivities. Despite the attacks, knowing her kin were safe and sound was doing a lot to cheer her up.

She eats and drinks her fill before setting out.

---

"Good find," Mihara says, when Nigrum points out the tracks. "This could definitely lead us somewhere."

I wonder if... Hm. But I'd have to use that. Well, I guess they'll have to see it some day either way.

Mihara focuses her spirit, and takes her fully-animal form. Shrinking to the stature of an ordinary fox, her appearance is no less extraordinary, for the animal has a pelt as black as Mihara's hair, and her distinctive three tails and golden stripes.

Thanking the gift of sharp scent her form confers her, she attempts to track the trail.

Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 11


GM of all he Surveys

The second floor of the tower appears to be meeting rooms, banquet halls and kitchens. One large room dominate the north quarter of the tower, a huge, round table too heavy and too large to be plundered making up the centre of the chamber. Inside the the table some kind of large crystal sits, the dust recently scrapped from it.

Two ways up continue, with the central stair well and the smaller set continueing to allow access to the upper floors. A strange metallic frame, vaguely humanoid, lies in a shattered and rusting heap at the bottom of the main stair well, again oddly free of dust.

The people you are following continued up the main stair well.

Sorry for the delay, folks, had a day of random sads and mehness.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Selena walks closer to the crystals in the dining room, examining them without touching.

"Uhh, what's this supposed to be?" the half-succubus asks as she points at the metallic frame, raising an eyebrow.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri looked down at it. "Some kind of construct?" she guessed, having no idea if it actually was and whether or not it might have still been active. If it didn't have dust, it had probably been active recently... say, a little while before they'd entered the tower. In which case they likely wanted to continue going upwards.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek followed the others quietly up to the second level, adjusting goggles down over amber eyes while moving with rolling steps.

The witchwolf looked carefully around the room, giving clearance to the odd crystal and... construct looking thing. This was not what Aibek had expected - though upon thinking on it, the witchwolf had no idea what to expect in here. While pulling shadows to hand and then to claw, Aibek pondered the room for any familiar elements, either from experience or known stories...

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 1 + 3 = 34
Knowledge: history: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Knowledge: local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Knowledge: planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


GM of all he Surveys

Aibek remembers tails overheard in the inn that Nexus communicated through a series of cystals and such. Likely this is part of the system, now defunct without Nexus itself operating.

Aibek also spots a similar crystal is part of the mechanism for the disabled machine.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"What a curious device. A former guardian like our friend from the temple, perhaps?"


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"Let's not activate it until Nexus is back up and running. Once she is, we can probably control things properly." Azri didn't want to waste resources by wrecking any kind of guardian machines unless they really had to - better to preserve them as much as possible so they city could use them later.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

"Communication... blurts out quietly while staring at a crystal before beginning to think out loud, "it matches local stories of communication systems...the Nexus is meant to communicate through these crystals I think though I don't know if the Nexus communicate to this construct with it or would communicate to people through it...or both..."

Aibek stares at it a moment before rambling again, Whoever was here moved on up, but the crystals and construct have been...cleaned? tampered with somehow but I can't see anything freshly damaged...strange...

Aibek looked at it further, though more focused - and confused - by these unusual actions.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 1 + 3 = 20 + scent


GM of all he Surveys

Aibek can only smell the faint remnants of something passing, but the scent isn't strong enough to detect what, exactly, was there. There is also the odour of plant and animal life above you.


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

"The enemy may have used them to trace their source perhaps, get to Nexus. Or alter them to act as a trap or guardian maybe. Regardless I suggest we move on, I would rather catch up to these interlopers sooner then later."

He keeps a weary eye on the construct.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"Or maybe they didn't know how they worked, and fiddled with them to see if they cold turn them on." the half-succubus wonders as she follows the others.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek stares at it a moment longer before following the others without making further comment on it, glancing about trying to find a better source of the scents, a better look at any plants, instinctively moving slowly to prevent startling any animals...still getting used to seeing smells...

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 1 + 3 = 25 + scent


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri nodded at Nigrum's words, carefully moving forward and continuing to ascend while she kept an eye on the path ahead. The last thing she wanted was to lead anyone else into a trap...

Perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30


GM of all he Surveys

The floor above is a mess. It is clear that a fight broke out here, defenders using the natural choke points of the tower to defend it. While it's been far too long since the Towers fell to find any details, it's clear that only overwhelming numbers and force could over come the remains of barricades and blockages apparently grown from the solid stone.

Combined with the ruins of the fight, much of the floor has been covered in creeping vines and plants. Even a quick glance shows that, while all are hardy, none are native to this area.

The stairwells to the upper levels are destroyed, the central one having caved in completely. The back way up, however, could be accessed if someone can go up 30 or so feat. Alternatively, a bridge leads out and across to another tower. The vines cover it in thick ropes, but it seems sound and solid.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"What do you think? Shall we go up?" Mihara suggests, producing a length of rope from her backpack as she casually hovers up to the ledge, keeping a wary eye on the plants.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"I can certainly try climbing." Azri said, gripping the walls and testing them to see how climbable they really were. She was far from an expert, but if she took it slowly, she might be able to accomplish something.

Or, you know, there was always magic... but she was trying to be responsible and not expend her limited powers unless she had to. As much as she loved the arcane, mundane solutions had their advantages as well.

Take 10 on Climb for a total of 15?

2,501 to 2,550 of 3,644 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Broken Towers All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.