Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Broken Towers

Game Master JonGarrett

The Glorious Website
Ancient Home -Ground Floor
Ancient Home - Second Floor
Ancient Home - Third Floor


2,401 to 2,450 of 3,644 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Nigrum takes a knee to make it easier to see eye to eye with the kobold.

"Indeed Seeza, I am Nigrum."

He switches over to Draconic as he continues.

Draconic:

"If you prefer we can speak in a more familiar tongue. I would also ask what you have observed and your thoughts so far concerning our arrangement?"


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Selena is about to agree with Xantius, saying that zombies smart enough to row a boat sounded very fishy, but holds on saying that after glancing at Azri.

"Yep, that looks like something we could look into tomorrow." Selena nods, before beaming a smile to Mihara when she comes back with the bottle of wine.
"Speaking of boats: you said you wanted to think about what to write before sending it back, right, even if everything it's okay? Can you tell me what's up with those stripes then?" the half-succubus smiles, holding up the bottle "If it's a long story, I've got booze for everyone!"


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"Ah, of course. Keep in mind, this is only my brother's theory, of course, but Xandrius's prophecy may corroborate it."

Mihara takes a seat and motions for a glass of the prize wine, before she begins recounting.

"These stripes are known in my family as Saroku's stripes, for my ancestor, Yao Saroku, the founder of my clan. They usually manifest in adolescence or early adulthood, to the eldest of a family. They're a sign of Daikitsu's blessings for the future heir."

"When they first appeared after our misadventure with that strange artifact, I was afraid for my brother. After all, as the second eldest, being suddenly marked as heir was rather ominous tidings as to his fate."

Mihara takes a dainty sip to compose herself.

"Thankfully, it appears that he's fine, and after consulting with the historians of our clan, he has a theory as to what their true meaning may be."

"It is my brother's belief that these may mark me as the future head of a branch family. That is, should Khalharum indeed grow strong and prosperous under our leadership, it is likely that some of my kin would come to reside within the city as well. These marks may very well be a sign of my future status as matriarch of a second branch of my clan."

"... I must be honest: I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this."


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"Why aren't you sure?" Selena says cheerfully, taking a sip of the wine "Your brother is okay, you're okay, and you'll probably be someone important. I don't see what troubles you. I mean" she takes another sip "if it happened to me, I'd feel a little worried about the responsibility, but that's because I could barely take care of my pet goldfish: you're way more reliable than me." the half-succubus adds, finishing her glass and pouring herself another.
"I mean, it's not like I'm supposed to restore a long forgotten city and I don't even know from where to start." she laughs, drinking some more of the wine "And don't say matriarch, it makes you sound way too old. Say something like head, or experienced and mature foxy lady."


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

"...Archon would also work,it's pretty age neutral sounding I think." the witchwolf said offhandedly, coming back into the conversation from run away thoughts that had led Aibek's mind far away. Aibek scratched away thoughts as the word Archon began to itch at the back of the shadow creature's mind.

Glancing to Xandruis, while fishing the documents back out of the backpack,"I will try to get a response done quickly though that will depend on what is in this - I would rather not wait for the next boat out especially with the troubles you mentioned. I think I will then need to talk to Ellie about what you said to me earlier." Aibek nodded, glancing up in thought as if gather them all the thoughts in a list. "Then I will need to get some sewing equipment to fix things and figure out the goggles, but first I need to read these..." Aibek said, closing the bag and holding the scrolls in hand, staring for a moment down at the fine script and Aibek's symbol that stood gleaming on the rolled paper, and felt that anxious twisting rising again.

"Excuse me..." Aibek said softly, glancing to them all before a short bow and walking quickly away. The witchwolf chose a seat in well-lit corner near the tree to balance privacy with not yet wanting to leave. Looking up to the room again and then down to the paper, Aibek took what felt like ages to the witchwolf to finally open it...


GM of all he Surveys

Seeza watched Nigrum for a moment, eyes unblinking.

Draconic:
"Either toungue suits me, but thank you for thinking of my well being. As to my thoughts...you have returned what was ours, when it could have been yours to steal. And you have chosen to deal with us as equals. Few of your size have been so with us, and it is...compelling. My Chief thinks you are worthy allies. I am inclined to believe that this could be."

~~~

Xandrius nodded to Aibek, before sitting down.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri's mouth twitched slightly as she listened in, quite familiar with the language being used. She was keeping out of it for now, though, and instead idly started to walk around the area and study it in a little more detail.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"Your trust is appreciated, Serena." Mihara smiles. "But at any rate, I should get to these letters. These replies won't write themselves, and I'm dying to know how things have been back at home."

Excusing herself from the table, Mihara retires to her room, where, in the comfort of a warm bed and her natural kitsune form, she takes to reading each letter attentively.

More detail to follow when I have more time to post.


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Nigrum gave him a quizzical expression, personally he did not know why anyone of honor would act otherwise. But this was hardly the first time he thought as such.

Draconic:

"You have shown yourselves to be an honorable tribe, as such you deserve no less then has been given. That is how I see things, in case you were wondering. Which brings me to something I have received recently."

He removes from his satchel the bounty of Alben and hands it to Seeza.

Draconic:

"This was recently sent to me, a bounty on a white scaled kobold that is called Alben. I was wondering if you knew of him or his tribe in the area. I would rather not hunt one of your kind wrongly or an ally without you knowing. Bounties are not always deserved in these lands I have learned."


GM of all he Surveys

Seeza's eyes narrowed slightly.

Draconic:
"We have heard tell of a white kobold. Not one of our clan. If he is the one spoken off, he is one of the Baraden - scum from a fall off land. We learned of them when they raided us, hunting for power. There agents told of a white-scaled kobold a sword as long as a drake's tail in an attempt to impress us. Hunt it if you wish."


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Nigrum receives the bounty back and nods in turn.

Draconic:

"All the more reason to claim his bounty then, my thanks on your forthcoming with the information. Now on to less bloody matters, does your tribe have any blacksmith's of great skill or do you know of any?"


GM of all he Surveys

Draconic:
"I believe this town has a Blacksmith, although I cannot attest to skill. We prefer claw, fang and scale to metal work."

Anyone else got something to do? Otherwise, nap times.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri has yet to find materials, so she's ready to wait through the night. ^^


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

No time to post tonight. Mihara will be writing some letters and flying them over to the ship before it departs, but I can do that in a flashback rather than hold up the game.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Naptime is fine by me!


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

He supposed it was to much to hope for.

Draconic:

"You have my thanks for your time, Seeza. Let me know if you have need of anything. Farewell for now."

He gives another nod before returning to the others and letting them know what he has learned. The most important part about the bounty and those tied to it.

If their is no party discussion then bedtime is fine with me.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek slowly opened the first of the three scroll. The witchwolf kept glancing up while reading...

First Scroll with Aibek's symbol very precisely drawn and sharp, neat, penmanship on the outside with instruction including the word Khalharum written in Tien script:
The penmanship continues neatly inside and is a mix of Tien and Vakana symbols. Any names, places, dates, and important details are symbols. Aibek learns that it is from Father, that Father had run into the messenger in a trading village Aibek knew well...and that one sibling had not returned from their trip that they were due to arrive back from the day after Aibek left, another had gone on what believed was another flighty adventure and the fourth had gotten Dreaming Teas again and could not be woken nor dreams read by anyone yet which meant it was likely self induced - again. They would keep guard against the issues Aibek's message warned them of but nothing had come up yet. Unless painful, larger wolf attributes were often seen as a blessing but Father did not know about witchwolf blood mixed with 'the shadow stuff' or 'strange foreign artifacts'. Father said the message would be passed on to Mother - maybe it would calm her. Father warned Mother or another clan member may try to contact the witchwolf in their dream -- and if a sibling does to please try to help them and send word home about it...and do take the proper care with this message.

Staring at the words, Aibek took a breath before opening the next.

Second Scroll with Aibek's symbol written with extra loopy flourishes. Messy handwriting first in Tien and messier still in common showing it had been passed multiple times before arriving:
In very messy handwriting continues inside with multiple crossed out words and dots of ink all over and quite crinkled and squashed. It was very Eterni, Aibek's Wind Oracle sibling. Eterni had seen the letter from Zhen Halfblood and figured out what was going on but hadn't said a word to the others. Their elder sibling was not yet back so it was likely for the best that this Aibek had gone instead. Eterni had decided a while ago they were going on a trip too - wanted to taste different air again - and now seemed a great time. Aibek pondered that this frenetic sibling always seems to think that. The letter ends with "If I end up near the Garundi area, I'll try to blow your way! I pray only good winds for you!"

Aibek let out a low chuckle before turning to the third in puzzlement.

Third Scroll which has Aibek's symbol with multiple errors on closer inspection. The other penmanship on the outside is small, dark, and smeared though the paper appears far neater than the other two as if not having traveled far.:
The words on this one were written in Common in thick ink. It simply welcomed the shadow creature to Khalharum, asked if the time under this unforgiving sun had started making Aibek feel the draw to return or rise yet - "or do such things not bother the created?". The letter goes unsigned but says they will send another letter shortly.

Aibek attempts to stop the shiver running through them. This was...going to get trickier to explain. First, Aibek pulled some paper and charcoal out of the backpack and wrote a quick message to Father.

Aibek's scroll with similar symbol written largely with near instruction on it in both Common and Tien:
The inside is written in a similar mix of Tien and Vakana symbol as the first scroll..."I have received letter from Eterni - they're planning to go taste different air but as usual did not include places or dates. I have not received anything from the other two. I have received a prophecy...or future present reading... from a local oracle that mentioned Mother, though not you, and that she had 'found the nest empty' and that she would 'come on wing and fire'. I hope you are all alright. I seem to be and I seem to have gotten a Symbol of Authority for Khalharum which I think surprised me more than anyone else. I seem to be remaining here for the forseeable future. Aibek signs it with their symbol.

Aibek seals the letter quickly. The witchwolf folded the read scrolls neatly to fit into the palm of their hand. Aibek brought it over to Xandrius and quietly said, "I have just this one to return. Thank you very much for this. Good night" Aibek finished with a small bow before leaving to walk over to the fire. Staring at it a few moments and taking deep breaths, the witchwolf quietly tossed the now very small folded letters into the flames. After waiting for them all to be fully burnt out of sight, Aibek retreated upstairs and locked themselves away for the night with a lot of thoughts...


GM of all he Surveys

As the evening wound down, Xandrius left with Aibek (and any other) messages bound for the ship. It would depart that night.

Evil GM ROLL OUT!: 1d100 ⇒ 72

Perception checks folks.


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40
Would it be easier if I just said 'Yes' any time you asked for one? XD


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Not like I needed to roll it after Azri's 40 :P


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Forums acting up for me - I keep hitting submit and it keeps doing preview. If this shows up a dozen times later, that is why.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

-Posted with Wayfinder


GM of all he Surveys

Aibek and Selena are woken from there slumbers by the sounds of combat. Azri, who was of course not asleep, also heard the noises and was able to identify them as coming from the bridge on the island leading into town from the mainland.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

The lich girl spent only a few moments rousing the others and detailing the situation before darting out to get a better look at what was going on. She kept to the shadows as she did so, having no intention of alerting the combatants to her presence until she was good and ready to.

Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

Having stayed up quite late reading her siblings' letters and writing her own, Mihara slept perhaps harder than she had intended, failing to hear the sounds of battle outside.

When Azri wakes her up, however, she springs into action, quickly pulling on her magical sleeves, manifesting the silken figure of a long sleeved training robe and snatching her swords from the foot of her bed. Then, taking fox shape, she leaps out of the bedroom window, floating to a silent landing and creeping towards the scene of combat.

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (2) + 23 = 25
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 with Scent.

---

Earlier that night, at a candlelit writing desk

"Dear Little Sister,

It relieves me to hear of you in good health, and pains me to hear of your worries.

Fear not, for I am fine. It is truly a great honor that has been bestowed upon you, and I could not be more proud. Mother and Father, at Daikitsu's side, must be truly overjoyed.

I see little reason to fear for my role here. I am in good health, and our relations with our allies are as bountiful and peaceful as they have ever been.

I believe the omen might be of a more positive nature..."

Much as she remembered sifting through earlier, Hakeru's letter spells out the possibility of Mihara becoming founder of a branch family.

"... I believe in your abilities, and, should you accept the role, I am certain you will grow into a fine clan leader.

Do not lose your courage, and do not despair, Sister.
I know you have it in you.

-Your Brother, Yao Hakeru"

Smiling widely, Mihara carefully folds the letter back into its envelope, and sets it aside, turning to the next...


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Nigrum silently curses as he is awakened, bad enough he had sensed nothing yet no alarm was raised as well. They should have had a guard of some sort, among themselves if they lacked it among the people. Which brought another thought to mind, why had these people not have guards if they were always in danger. If they did and those were the ones fighting, why not have some sort of alert system in place. A simple bell or even shield struck by hammer would be enough. All these thoughts raced by in less then a moment. As he was already putting on his armor he whispers to the others.

"Someone help me put this on or it will take twice as long. Someone should scout in the meantime as well."

He swore after this he was going to do something about what passed for a guard or even militia in this district. They had grown complacent in recent days, himself included.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Thankfully, Selena had been sleeping restlessly since since she went to bed: Xandrius' words still echoing in her ears, the half-fiend had fallen asleep and awoken multiple times already, but it took her a few moments to notice the sounds of battle.

Leaping off her bed when Azri comes to alert her, Selena hastily puts on a pair of revealing silken blouse and trousers for bare decency, grabbing her backpack and starting to dart off the stairs.
"I'll give you an hand." the half-succubus says, stopping abruptly when Nigrum asks for help, picking up a piece of the armor.
"Just...tell me what I have to do. Does this thing had this many pieces this afternoon, the first time you put it on? Anyway, you start going, we'll catch up with you once we're done."


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

At hearing the fighting, Aibek woke up in the small locked room with a start and panic. Listening to it for a few moments in the dark, the witchwolf calmed down, swore and began pulling on bindings, clothes, armour...

Hearing Azri, Aibek called out to be heard beyond "I'll join you to help in a moment...".

Hesitating for a moment, the shadow creature pulls on and buckles the goggles. Pausing to blink for a moment while getting familiar with the strange lenses, Aibek then roughly pulled up, pinned, and tied cloth over the wild dark locks and the back part of the goggles.

Aibek grabbed the backpack and glancing out the window to do while doing a quick double check on everything. A checklist ran through the witchwolf's waking mind - bindings, clothes, armour, goggles, hair and hair pins, headcloth, bag, and what could be seen outside....

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 3 = 27


GM of all he Surveys

Azri and Aibek are able to see some kind of fight on the bridge crossing over from the mainland. The ruined gate house is lit like a pyre in the night, and distant shouts can be heard from the people defending it. Occasionally a small explosion ripples the night air as something detonates against the ancient masonary, but it doesn't have enough power to do more than chip the wind-smoothed stones.

Something, black against the night's sky, flutters overhead. Apparently at least some of the Kobolds here are Dragonriders too, albeit it with smaller mounts.

~~~

Mihara, at the entrance to the Thirsty Dryad, notices something else - a second party, moving up and near the Towers themselves. If they're heading to the island, they'll catch the people there from the rear, assuming the bulk of the forces there are fighting at the bridge.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

Mihara comes running back into the inn, still in fox shape. "We need to act, and fast. It's a battle out there, and our allies are at risk of getting flanked. I'll rush on ahead and alert the others. Catch up with us as soon as you can."

Unless there are any questions, Mihara immediately surges back out, flying as fast as she can to signal Azri and Aibek.

This was no moment for subtlety. If an enemy force dared to attack their city, then she would meet them with the full glory of her kitsune form.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek's eyes grew wide. Any grogginess fled from the shadow creature. This was far worse than Aibek had imagined moments before.

Unlocking the door, Aibek threw it open, "Creatures in the sky, fire, explosions..." Aibek blurted out before catching what Mihara said. The shadow creature instinctively pulled shadows to hand while following after the kitsune.

"How to alert them quickly..." Aibek said mostly to themselves as they raced outside. Pushing many of the racing thoughts away, Aibek paused for a moment and followed Mihara's example by shifting into wolf form. From the witchwolf's experience, there was one thing that very much caught people's attention and would ensure the others could find them later - if it could be heard over the rest of the din and it didn't bring everything from the enemy's side on their heads firsts. There were risks, but if it got even some to turn and see what was approaching from the other side, it would likely be worth it...

Following after Mihara to alert the others, Aibek took a deep breath and let out a long loud wolf howl. The witchwolf continued to do so repeatedly while following Mihara and looking around for further trouble. Shadow claw fists tight and ready while racing through the night...

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 3 = 24 + Scent


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"..What?" Selena stares in disbelief at Aibek and Mihara, freezing for a moment.
Are those m$@&$!+~@@@*s that poisoned Grampa going for a frontal assault now?
"We're almost done here." the half-succubus says, focusing on securing the straps of Nigrum's armor "We'll catch up with you in a couple of minutes, and from there we'll try to intercept whoever is trying to attack us from the back.".

\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\

Once she's done helping Nigrum put his armor on, the half-fiend takes flight and tries to catch up with the others, trying to keep an eye on the second enemy party while she moves toward the gate house.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Nigrum did not say a word, once the last of his armor was on he headed to the stables to mount Alerdene. Taking to the skies he headed to the battleground, he would warn his allies and help them deal with the current enemies before turning on the enemy reinforcements. Their was nothing worse for a group then fighting while pinned in a pincer formation. He needed to stop that from happening or his allies would be destroyed. He kept an eye out not only for the enemy but the creatures in the sky, last thing they needed was aerial enemies to deal with as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Alerdene Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Not using Alerdene's scent mod, leave that to the DM. No one could point out our kobold buddies are up and about. xZ

Edit- Of course the mount gets a nat 20, cause giving it to Nigrum would be too nice of the dice gods. >.>


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Ha... hahahaha... oh, they wanted to attack her city, did they? Wanted to attack her allies from behind and cause a lot of trouble? They didn't know fear yet, but oh, how they would. "If you have anything to hit invaders with, now's a good time to let me know." she told her staff, wondering vaguely if the city's spirit could even hear her.

With that, she started moving, intending to intercept the first group. If they felt the need for a pincer at all, they probably didn't have the numbers to simply overwhelm the main group - so as long as they could hold off the reinforcements, the others ought to be fine.


GM of all he Surveys

The ruins of the Gatehouse, illuminated by torches and the explosives thrown by the attackers, glows eerily in the night, an island of fire and life in the darkness. The town's defenders, including many of the ex slaves, are manning what is left of the defences. Many at the rear are turning, looking for the source of the howling.

Comming across the heavy stones of the bridge are Gnolls. Nets hang from there belts and most cover a variety of non-lethal weapons, along with heavy tower shields. However, a number of what appear to be leaders or officers, wearing heavier armour and carrying various strange mixtures and bottles, are the ones throwing grenades. Most of the bombs seem to be a distraction more than an attack, but occasionally one goes off and covers the victim in stick threads, tangling them into helplessness.

~~~

While the bulk of the party headed for the Gate House, Azri headed for the central tower. The bulk of the force, Gnolls armed with nets and clubs, are escorting a party of cloaked and hooded to the doors. The ancient wood stands partially open, jammed due to the doorway having been shattered by a siege weapon strike. A bag of something with the clink of gold changes hands and the dozen or so Gnolls head for the city, while the cloaked figures head inside.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Having reached the gatehouse, Selena looks around in a panic. The half-fiend had started actually fighting just about a week ago, and now what she was seeing was more close to a war.
"What should we do? Who should we tell that they're going to attack from the back?" she asks distressed to the others "Should we find Aunt Elie?"


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"There's no time," Mihara whispers.

"I think it's time we take the fight to the enemy, wouldn't you all agree?"


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Selena nods tentatively to Mihara, unsure on how to handle the situation.
"Let's go kick their asses before they get here, then."


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"Sneaky or flashy?" Azri inquired. She could do either, really - it wasn't going to be much of a problem either way. The important thing was that the attackers were stopped. This was their city, after all... and she had no intention of allowing others to simply barge in and attack.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"I favor stealth, but someone more visible providing a distraction would be quite welcome." Mihara smirks, clutching the hilts of her swords.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"I think me and Nigrum can do that." Selena nods "Let's go."

Assume that Selena applies Grappler's Grease before engaging the enemies. CMD would become 34 vs grapple.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek looked around at the people defending the gatehouse, while half listening to the others. The witchwolf saw that some had heard the howling but could not tell if they had spotted the other wave of enemies. Mixedd feelings flooded Aibek.

"We came to warn them first, yes?" Aibek shifted back to their human looking form. "I'll find someone suitable to warn, then cover your backs while you guys do your thing...". Holding shadows in each hand, Aibek sped off...

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 3 = 24 To find someone suitable and then follow the others...


GM of all he Surveys

Aibek quickly manages to spot Elie, near the front line, weaving among the Gnolls as they attempt to break through. Her scimitar flashes and they fall, dead or dying. The Gnolls, seeing reinforcements, pull back to the centre of he bridge in good order, to regroup.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek steps into a shadow to be less distracting to those focused on defending and weaves through the defenders to get to Elie. Shadow-bladed fists ready to help the defenders...

Stepping out near Elie, Aibek tried speaking quickly, "We've spotted a second group coming from back there that looks like they're trying to pincer you in here with them. We're going to go try to take care of them but wanted to ensure you all knew where they were coming from - just in case...". Aibek then passed on as much information as the witchwolf could that Elie wanted.

Once done, Aibek turned to spot and follow the others. Before leaving, Aibek said to Elie, "We'll find you later...oh - and if you - or the others - hear a wolf howling, that's just me. Most likely. Later..." Aibek said, shaking off all the other thoughts running through the witchwolf's mind that needed to wait. Stepping back into the shadow, Aibek weaved back through the defenders to follow after the others...


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri spun her staff around and launched a simple bolt of force through the air. Truth be told, it wasn't a very dangerous attack - her aim wasn't that great to begin with, and stuff like armor could get in the way and stop the bolt from landing, so it was more for show than anything else.

Mana Pulse, Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 for Force Damage If It Actually Hits: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"You've come to the wrong city!" the lich cried. "Depart now, or nothing but your corpses shall remain!" She meant that - there was exactly no room whatsoever for invaders in their city, and they would be dealt with. (That, and she could be pretty scary at times...)

Intimidate: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Nigrum picks a target from a distance and unsheathes Tsui, urging Alerdene toward it. As his steed dive bombs the enemy he leaps off and lashes out at his chosen target.

Tsui: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 351d10 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 271d10 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22

Falling into his usual stance, his voice growls below his dragon mask of silvery mithral.

"The only mercy enemies are given here is death."

Edit- Dice roller likes picking doubles.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 3 = 22 + Scent + Is there anyone particularly shiny or important looking or extra beefy? And a high place to shoot and blind them from...

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Remaining in the shadows, Aibek weaves away from the bridge and its defenders and follows the group to the moving, pincering attackers near the Tower. While the others attacked, Aibek moved with rolled steps through the area, looking for a better vantage point to see, to watch, to check the safety of others, and to attack these invaders from...


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

Mihara follows suit, silently gliding through the shadows to assess her foes.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Did we have a full rest's time before the attack? Did Mihara have a chance to regain her HP?


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Likewise, Selena follows, trying to avoid drawing attention to take their foes by surprise.
Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Uncharacteristically, the half-succubus manages to be as inconspicuous as possible, managing to hold back on charging those filthy slavers by focusing on Calistria's teaching, on how to savor the wait instead of rushing right on.

2,401 to 2,450 of 3,644 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Broken Towers All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.