Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Broken Towers

Game Master JonGarrett

The Glorious Website
Unknown Town


951 to 1,000 of 3,772 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 39/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"Hmm... guess we'll just have to follow it to the source." Azri mused. Do that and you'd have to find the problem at some point, right? She cracked her knuckles and stood up. "Might as well get started, then, unless there's anything that needs our attention first." If there wasn't, she'd start heading towards the door, curious to see what kind of device pumped magical power around. That miiiight have been her real interest here.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 36/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"If none of you mind, I would like to visit Kara and Dosa first. I am rather concerned for my kin, and the sooner I can send a message home, the better. If you like, I could meet you all there afterwards." Mihara requests.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek nodded towards Mihara "We can swing past Kara and Dosa at the general store and the people we brought in the warehouse on our way out towards the bridge... Aibek said, while finishing breakfast...

Dark Archive

Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

Emmitt sniffs the plate of food briefly and begins cleaning himself, suggesting that food that isn't caught isn't worth eating. But when the dark-skinned waitress acts as if she might pull the plate away, suddenly his paw is on it as he braces himself for his cleaning. He turns back to her as if asking, Why would you do that? and begins eating.

Ayreth smiles at Selena's bubbliness, finding her sister's positivity and enthusiasm infectious. Her mood is further enhanced by Emmitt's antics and she gives the waitress a smile and shrug, conveying the message, Cats, what can you do?

To Aunt Elie, she responds, "I'm happy to provide any water needed. As to the gnolls, hopefully, they can be reasoned with if they show such intelligence. There was this one gnoll that I met while traveling with Zhen..." Her voice trails off, realizing this probably isn't the time.

"I'd also be happy to join the expedition to investigate the water source, especially after last nights 'adventure'."


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Selena looks down into her plate for a moment, when Elie and Ayreth mentions Zhen: soon after that, however, she puts on a big smile, both for herself and her relatives.
Getting up from her seat, she claps her hands. "So, shall we go? We first go to Kara and Dosa so Foxy can check that everything is okay with her family (and I'm sure it is). Then, we go fix the water pump and check on the people we brought in on the way to make sure that that nothing bad happened, right? Beside" the half-succubus moves around the table and hugs Nigrum from behind while he's still in his chair "we have to find Ginger something to do or he'll rot! He hasn't talked since yesterday evening!" the half-fiend grins, repeatedly poking the swordsman's cheek to annoy him and hopefully elicit some reaction.
Just because he doesn't say it, it doesn't mean that Nigrum hasn't got a lot of things to think about, too. Being a little less stiff will make him feel better!


GM of all he Surveys

Kara and Dora, two slightly maniacal halfling twins, are more than happy to send your messages for you. In fact, they offer to send messages for all of you. Also, the deeds to three houses in Khatapesh, a small yacht, and a magical axe they have on order but hasn't arrived yet. They are very happy to help. But for now, simply sending messages is easy enough. They arrange to send it to a business colleague who sells them wares on Tian, and to arrange messages from Zhen's estate forwarded to the city if he didn't.

The warehouse is a bustle of activity. The townsfolk of Khalharum have been bringing in bits and pieces - old furniture left behind in the various houses, more bedding, various small comforts. There is more than one person in the town who has lost loved ones to slavers, or was captured for a time themselves. The ex-slaves are making the best of there situation, making the warehouse more habitable. Several have even been looking at the nearby houses to see if they can be used, while others have been enquiring how to get passage back to there original homes. Perhaps, some suggest, they could work off passage home by teaching sailing and helping get the ships modified?

No one expects a decision soon, however, and most are simply grateful for the basics that you have provided. It is food for thought, however, how to deal with both groups.

The bridge across to the central island is still solid. Amazingly so, really, considering the length of time since the city was properly maintained. Although scared and pockmarked it shows no signs of collapse or strain.

The central island has been more badly torn up that the outer one where you have set up your base of operation. Elie points out the two locations of interest - the first is a fountain near the bridge, still flowing with water after all this time. The second is a building near the bridge that seems to be full of strange mechanisms.

Two other locations of interest are there. One appears to be an Inn with a huge, ancient oak tree growing from it. The area is amazingly green, and the sign naming it the Thirsty Dryad seems recently painted. The second, beyond the ruins, is the looming Towers. All seven are on this central island, with other, less buildings scattered between them. From here you can see the main doors located in the central tower, currently agape and unguarded.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek sends a message to the Vakana clan, pondering a moment over the merchants that usually traveled through that part of Tian and that the witchwolf's previous message was only a short one with a vague location and wellbeing of this Aibek. Writing quickly in small Tien writing, With others in Khallharum on mission from Zhen Halfblood, who has passed on recently from Time Thief poison. Contact with object on previous mission seems to have enlarged claws and fangs but otherwise fine though family and clans of all of us were threatened during it by unknown possessing creature. Will be here for a while, no current needs. and signed with a design that included a shaded lunar motif along with the Aibek symbol matching those on the clothes. Aibek looked to send another but decided to it was better to wait and shook it off. Turning to Selena and Ayreth, the witchwolf asked if it would be good to send a progress report back yet.

Aibek was happy to see the people they had brought were coping well and pointed those wanting to pay for their passage home with work towards the dock workers to see if it there was anyway they could help before Aibek and the group would get around to those ships.

Aibek's eyes look around, absorbing their surroundings as they crossed the bridges. Dark small eyes soon drawn with the rest of Aibek towards the amazing greenery of the Thirsty Dryad. "Wow" was all the witchwolf said with a tilted head.

Dark Archive

Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

Ayreth briefly ponders the fact that she doesn't have anyone to send a message to, but it doesn't seem to bother her. Anyone I care about is here, and it's better that they are close, right?, she thinks as she pets Emmitt. To Aibek, she responds, "We should certainly let them know that we arrived safely, though I think there is little else to tell at the moment."

Relieved to see that the people are settling in well and that so much kindness is being shown to them, Ayreth does her best to reassure the people looking for a way home that something will be worked out. She makes a point to seek out Kilk and see how he is doing.

Making note of the working fountain, Ayreth asks, "Some water still flows, or is this separate?"

At the inn, Ayreth walks around the tree, and inspired by the sign, she playfully waters the tree magically. She looks up to see Emmitt looking down at her from one of the branches. "How did you...," she begins before interrupting herself. "Why do I even ask?" She looks to Elie, pointing out the sign. "Is someone staying here?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Emmitt: Stealth: 10 + 18 = 28
Emmitt: Climb: 10 + 6 = 16


GM of all he Surveys

The Inn doesn't appear to have been used recently. Only the exterior areas have been maintained - looking through the windows shows the furniture has been covered, a thick layer of dust in place. The outer areas radiate a sense of peace and tranquility, although it's hard to tell where the great oak growing through the centre of the building begins and the building itself ends. It is equally difficult to decide which was there first.

Knowledge Engineering (DC20):
It's difficult to judge without examining the more vital sections of the plumbing system, but it looks like it's one large system - which means something is stopping the water flowing from the wells here to the other island.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 39/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri nodded as she saw the fountain. "So water can successfully reach this point... is this on the same water line as whatever crosses the bridge? If it uses a separate pipe, the real problem might be closer to the source instead of further away." she observed.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 36/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

With Kara and Dosa

Mihara bows thankfully as the twins agree to forward their messages. She writes the message down for them, having commited it to memory some time before. Though she isn't certain if a Sending spell will be involved, she judges best to make it one that can be sent through such a spell:

Quote:
Mihara. Arrived safely. Halfblood died peacefully, gave quest: rebuild Khalharum. Staying long time. Artifact gave third tail, Saroku stripes. Confused. Hakeru safe? How everyone? Love.

Back to present time

"A most curious problem, for sure. I'm afraid my knowledge of such devices extends only to traps and locks. I'd be able to sabotage it, if such were the point, but finding the issue out is beyond me."


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Selena, too, sends a short letter to both the temple and her parents in Taldor. She tries to stay as strong as possible as she informs her father, who Zhen had adopted, of the half-orc death.
Fortunately, she manages to write the message to the temple in Absalom on a much brighter note.

Quote:

How's it going, boys and girls? I may not be back for some time. Like, a lot of time. I have to restore back to its former glory a long destroyed magical city with an intelligent, telepathic tower. Long story. When things here are going a little better, I'll drop by at the temple for a couple of days.

PS: That goes without saying, but you still owe me those monies for the broken perfume bottle, Yora. You'd better have those ready.

_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_

"Uh. Should we check what's inside?" Selena points to the door of Thirsty Driad. "Unless there's someone that goes around painting signs just for fun, I suppose we could find someone inside. Maybe they know what's up with the water.".
The half-succubus first knocks on the door, before opening it.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek nodded towards Selena, walking closer to the building and taking a closer look at the plants and the paintwork. It may have water pipes inside that we could check to see how far from the fountain the problem goes...at the very least, it is interesting - I think said, putting a gentle finger against some of the foliage.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 on the Thirsty Dryad's exterior for anything more interesting or unusual or concerning


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Forgive the retcon a bit.

Nigrum had remained silent in the dream, after his last vision he was starting to doubt things. Most of his thoughts revolved around the cities weakness of relying on magic and less material defenses. Steel and fire had brought the city to ruin, not mighty magic or some exotic force. A simple army was it's downfall, such a thing would not have or will happen if he was concerned in the matter.

Upon his waking, the white hippogriff nudges his head. The guard tower he had chosen was far from comfortable but compared to sleeping in the open desert or a cheap side inn, it was good enough. He prepared his mount and went to meet with the others, just in time for breakfast it would seem. He avoided the bread and preserves, inner sea regulars he found odd and distasteful but helped himself to the fruit and nuts. Nature had her own staples that changed in form but much else in his experience. He remained silent as the others spoke, when Selena wraps him in those dangerous limbs he simple stands, letting his height and powerful build break her grip. Any other manner would likely send the light woman flying with his strength.

When they begin to investigate the Thirsty Dryad he remains alert. Entering behind Selena in case he was walking into some sort of ambush. He is ready to react should that happen.

Think that covers everything until now. Sadly the silence continues for the moment. ;)


GM of all he Surveys

Sorry for the lack of posting. The internet last night at work was best described an 'interment', because calling it 'bloody useless' would be rude.

The Thirsty Dryad is a large, luxurious inn made of stone and wood and centred upon the oak rising out the middle. From what you can make out of the ground flood through the windows caked with dust and filth, the tree is an integral part of the structure. Two doors lead into the Inn, along with a heavy trapdoor leading into the cellar. All three have been heavily chained shut, a clean, oiled and well maintained lock on each, and on the front door is a notice informing patrons that the Inn has been shut down due to major problems - do not enter.

However, the place is still obviously getting water from the plumbing system. The trees and plants all look beautiful, and the garden has obviously been tended. The soil is moist to the touch even in the baking desert heat. Someome has obviously taken a lot of time, and a lot of resources, to keep this Inn maintained.

Aibek's eyes, however, spot something odd. Despite the lack of breeze and the fact the Inn's windows are all shut and sealed, a curtain on the upper floor just twitched.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 39/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

As she noticed Aibek paying attention to something, Azri turned and gave a look of her own, narrowing her gaze slightly as she put her talents to use.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34

If a place this cared-for had been closed, then there had to be a pressing reason for it, and she wanted to find out what that reason was... especially if it was going to be a threat to her family. Cautiously, Azri began approaching the building, trying to avoid alerting anyone inside to her presence.

Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 36/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

Noting Azri approaching the building, Mihara nods to her, and follows along quietly, hovering slightly above the ground to keep her steps completely silent.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


GM of all he Surveys

Azri's unnaturally sharp eyes spot a figure behind the curtain, but they are already withdrawing. It appears that someone humanoid is inside, although thanks to the short time frame and the curtain blocking the view it's difficult to say much more than that.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 39/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri raised one hand and waved at the rest of the group, then extended a single finger and held it there for a moment before pointing inside. She glanced at Mihara a moment later, then mimed picking one of the locks.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 36/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

Mihara looks unsure, and instead approaches Azri to whisper.

"Are you sure? It's possible that whoever is here is just afraid. Perhaps we should try a more diplomatic approach first."


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"Yeah, Foxy's right. They've already spotted us, so trying to be nice first won't hurt." Selena says, before moving closer to the door.

"Ahem. Hello? Is anybody in here? We're here because the water pump doesn't work that well, and water doesn't get to the other parts of the city! I see that it works in here: could you give us an hand and tell us why?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
:/


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek stayed back from the building to not crowd the door and, a rarity, to be more clearly seen. Aibek naturally took on a nonthreatening small posture with hands out in clear view while the witchwolf's small dark eyes looked from window to windows, feet standing firm while desiring to find a more shaded position for the shadow creature.

Aibek heard Selena call through from one side and decided to call in again from another in hopes at least one of them would be heard in a place that seemed so well closed. Calling as gently as one could while speaking loudly, "Sorry if we're bothering, we're not from here...we have a few questions we'd like to ask, mostly about the water..." and the plants, in Aibek's case. The witchwolf could not imagine such greenery here at all, at least not out in the open in these conditions rather than inside a building with a lot of magic and expertise. Aibek was going to have to see if any of the locals or those they brought could teach the witchwolf about making structures to help provide more plants among other reasons.

Aibek's eyes went over the art. So many inn names comes with stories and Aibek tried to remember if the witchwolf had been told about one has interesting and different as this seemingly oasis in the desert. Then the eyes were drawn to foliage near the windows...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Knowledge History: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


GM of all he Surveys

There is no response from the Inn, and whoever was at the window is no longer there.

Elie looks at the Inn in slight confusion. "No one is supposed to have been in there in years. Are you sure someone was inside? And why are all the locks on the outside if they're in there?"


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek tilted head as Elie spoke "There is something, I thought someone... in there, the curtains moved behind the sealed windows. I had pondered how sealed it was but I thought it was against the heat or sealing off the previous public spaces...the locks - on the outside - could be for something far worse. Do you know anyone who knows more about this Inn, Elie?" the witchwolf asked while moving in closer to the shadow the people provided, glancing to the others and the security measures on the outside of the inn...


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"Uh. Didn't think about that." the half succubus comments as she stares at the lock, folding her arms. "Well, now I kinda want to know what's in there even more! Foxy, can you open those locks?"


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 39/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"It's not THAT hard to make a tunnel..." Azri observed. "I can go in first, just to look around and see that it's safe." She was stealthy, perceptive, and hard to put permanently down, all of which were quite useful at times like this, and someone had to be the first to enter.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 36/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"On it."

Mihara approaches the door carefully and inspects it for traps. If she sees none, she tries to open the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Assuming the door is locked:

"Let's see... this shouldn't be too hard." With a flick of Mihara's wrist, what seemed to be an ordinary jade ring on her finger clicks open, a few tiny folded tools appearing from inside.

Taking 20 on Disable Device, for a total of 31.


GM of all he Surveys

The lock gives in, but takes a surprising amount of skill and effort to click open. It is a very good lock. After the chains are removed from the door the aged oak can be swung open. The hinges have obviously not been maintained, and the door swings open with an impressive creak and a shower of rust and dust.

Inside the main room of the Thirsty Dryad is a large, airy structure, dominated in the centre by the massive oak tree. A long bar of well polished wood, apparently one piece, dominates one wall, dust covered bottles still behind the bar on neatly stacked shelves. The furniture is covered in now dimmed dust sheets.

From the door, Elie replies, "I don't know too much. This place was before my time, really. I know the place used to be Azerna's, the server at the Dust Devil's Den, but something drove her out. She comes here when she can and it's safe."

DC 20 Perception:
There is one noticeable lack - no foot prints, or marks of any kind, mar the dust beyond what you, yourselves, has caused.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 39/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31

Azri's eyes narrowed as she glanced at the floor, then back up again. A few ideas had struck her, and she motioned for everyone else to hold back a little as she crept forward, moving quietly and searching for whoever was actually here. A spirit of some kind, or perhaps a ghost...? Well, interacting with a ghost could be interesting, at least, given her current existence.

Stealth (Heading into other rooms and up/down any stairs as she looks around): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek glanced again at Elie before following the others inside, "This place is Azerna's? I'll make sure to report what happens to Azerna after we've finished.",said the witchwolf.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Aibek tilted a head while looking around. The witchwolf knew that those curtains had moved in a sealed environment but the lack of signs of any movement made doubt creep in. Walking with quiet natural rolled steps, Aibek started to create a mental list of things to check and a mental map while walking through. Check water indoors and any pipe work that can be found, check for...whatever had moved those curtains and potential damage they may have caused to Azerna's inn and things, maybe check plants if time...

Aibek stepped away from the others and into a shadow while looking around...

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 plus Shadowmeld: 20% miss chance if attacked
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Dark Archive

Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

"Ooh, a mystery," Ayreth says quietly. She looks around at the undisturbed dust when the door is opened. "Are you sure? It doesn't seem like anyone has been inside here for an age."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Selena is busy looking at the ceiling, the tree going straight trough it, when Azri takes off by herself "Wait! It's dangerous to go all by yourself!". Walking after the quasi-lich, the half-succubus stops for a moment to examine once again the large tree.
It sure is weird for something like this to be in the center of an inn...

Mechanics:
Perception for the spoiler: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Perception on the tree: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


GM of all he Surveys

The Inn is silent, other than your own movements. A door to the south behind the bar leads to the kitchens, or so you assume from your view of the outside. A staircase leads upstairs, and a second leads downwards. Aibek and Selena, looking around, notice something that's probably not that odd at this point - the more permanent wooden structure such as the bar and tables are actually parts of the tree, roots and limbs shaped to purpose, rising from the white tile floor.

The map for the Thirsty Dryad Inn is up. Remember, update your positions or be eaten by a Grue.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"Wow..." Selena stops as she stares in amazement at the structure. "This is awesome! I wonder why a place as pretty as this was abandoned...".
We have to ask Azerna to open this place again! It's so cool!
Calming herself down a little, the half-fiend turns to Azri and Aibek. "Did you see where that figure, the one you saw before, went?"
Temporary position for now. Selena will be close as close to Azri as possible.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek quietly walked behind the bar with gentle rolling steps as the witchwolf headed towards what was likely the kitchen which seemed a logical place to check for pipes and water. Aibek ran a cautious, soft hand over the bar. "...interesting...wow... " the witchwolf whispered, voice filled with amazement as the closer inspection of the tree...bar...tree bar caught Aibek's attention. Aibek mentally noted that talking to Azerna should be a priority for the witchwolf upon returning to the Dust Devil's Den Inn.

Attention pulled back Selena's comments, Aibek spent a moment in thought before a quick headshake, I saw the curtains move behind the very sealed windows. Not sure what I saw beyond that, whatever caused it must have moved away quickly or something...

Slowly walking towards the kitchen, Aibek paused near the doors to listen carefully and look for pipework, trying not to be distracted by the beautiful molded tree and plants around them...

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 39/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri paused, over by the stairs, then shook her head. "Not yet." she said softy. "If they're what I think they are, though, we'll have to move around some more to get their attention." That was all she'd said so far, and she carefully made her way up the steps, continuing to look around as she went.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28


Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Nigrum moves in with the others and stands before the greet tree. As always he was ready should something appear as has been want to do lately. But it found it odd, this tree should not be able to exist as it is without aid. Even if it was supplied with endless water, the heat and sun should have withered at least some of it's leaves and bark. It should be in a less lush state. Someone or something was tending to the tree far to well.

"This place is wrong, it is too green for this location. More so their is no life outside the plants. How can such a beacon of bounty not attract other forms of life, no birds, insects, or even the all to common reptiles. None of it is here, only plants that should not grow so well."

Dark Archive

Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

Standing before the large oak, Ayreth comments, "It is truly remarkable." Considering Nigrum's comments, she responds, "Maybe there is a link between this and the water. Could it be diverted here somehow? Thirsty Dryad and all?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Kn:Nature(tree): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Kn:Nature(dryads): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


GM of all he Surveys

Ayreth:
Given the name, and the tree's unusual nature, you would imagine that this is one of the fabled trees linked to a Dryad. Azerna fits the description of a Dryad, given what you've seen of her. Neither explains the unusual greenery, nor how the tree is even present and alive in such a harsh climate.

Azri moves up to the second floor without issue. The area is more of the same - polished tiled flooring now coated in a thick, unbroken layer of dust. Two doors, one south and one east, are the only ways off the landing.

Moved Azri and Selena to the Thirsty Dryad 1st Floor


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 39/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri moved to the door to the east and examined it. Assuming it was free of traps and the like - one could never be too careful - she quietly edged it open.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37
Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Dark Archive

Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

Ayreth momentarily reaches out as if she is going to touch the tree's trunk, but pulls her hand back before getting very close. Looking down at her feet, she says to Emmitt, "That might be a little personal if it's hers, or her, even, huh?"


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 36/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

Mihara tags along with Azri and Selena, moving as silently as possible and keeping an eye out for trouble.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek continued looking around while heading into the kitchen with quiet steps while still cloaked in shadow.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"Got it. We'll shout if we find something." Selena responds to Aibek, before following the lich girl upstairs.


GM of all he Surveys

Ground Floor - Before Aibek reaches the kitchen, she notices something beneath the bar. A huge oaken weapon, studded along it's highly polished length with dark stones, sits beneath the bar along with a small selection of bottles. All are coated in the same dust the rest of the inn is thick with.

1st Floor - The door opens to reveal a long corridor with several doors to each side, and futher one at the end. The corridor is dark with only dim lights emerging from beneath the doors.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 39/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri continued forward, checking over each door (Taking 10 + 18 = 28 at each) before opening each one and looking inside... unless she saw signs of danger, of course. She was moving clockwise down the corridor, starting with the closest room on the left and continuing on from there.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek crouched down under the bar for a closer look at the oak weapon and bottles. With tilted head, Aibek's small dark eyes looked over each item, pausing at the dark stones and trying to names on the label though hard to see through the layer os thick dust that Aibek tried not to disturb yet. Aibek wondered if that huge weapon could belong to Azerna. Another thing that the witchwolf would make sure to report - if it was Azerna's, the safety of it may be of interest.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"Hey, Azri, wouldn't it be better if I open those doors?" Selena offers to the witch. If she complies, the half-succubus proceeds to open the doors in her stead.


GM of all he Surveys

Ground Floor - The bottles are aged alcohol, stored at the correct angle to prevent any issues. Given these seem to have been valuable bottles when the Inn was sealed, it is difficult to guess at what the price would be now.

The wooden club seems to be Tetsubo, a huge style of club most commonly seen in Tian but unusual even there. It feels slightly odd to your touch/

1st Floor - The rooms to the north are guest rooms, small with a single bed and basic furniture to each. These are obviously cheap ones, but still the furniture is well made and the beds were, at one time, comfortable.

The Southern doors open to ariety of rooms. The first is a cleaning supply cubboard, with a second door at the far end. The second is a much larger, more luxurious room. The third, however, is lockeda, marked by a sign stating 'private'. The fourth is a bathing room, huge tubs now bone dry waiting for guests once again.

The last of the Northern doors opens onto the room where you saw the figure. It is the same as the other with one exception...there is a pool of blood near the window, bright red in the light coming through the dust caked glass.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 39/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri searched carefully for signs of magic as she approached (using her Detect Magic spell), though she honestly suspected that what was going on here was less magic and more akin to a haunting of some kind. "Oy! Come out and say hello - we're both dead, after all." she said cheerfully.

951 to 1,000 of 3,772 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Broken Towers All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.