Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Broken Towers

Game Master JonGarrett

The Glorious Website
Ancient Home -Ground Floor
Ancient Home - Second Floor
Ancient Home - Third Floor


901 to 950 of 3,639 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Male Cisor Slayer 6 / Champion 2 l HP 86 l AC: 29, T: 15, FF: 24 l F: +9, R: +9, W: +4 (+4 vs Poison) l Init +7 l Perception +11

Nigrum would use one of the guard towers overlooking the bridge to house Alerdene and himself. The dock was clearly well watched and protected. He notices the slaves and their actions or lack there of as well as some of his comrades comments. He added his own, to the locals as well if they cared to listen.

"If anyone is interested in learning the way of the warrior, feel free to come see me. The only requirement is effort and discipline."


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek thought outloud to Elie "If it is possible and okay with you and yours, can any safe larger buildings like an unused warehouses that we can designate for the freed people to gather in once checked? If they have been together a while they may not want to separate just yet or may need space to find people and organize what they want to do next rather trying to scramble and make decisions on the docks? I think their anxiety may be eased if we can find a place for them together..."


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"We've certainly got our work cut out for us," Mihara observes to no one in particular. "It's good to know that at least we've got some people to tackle it with."

"Eleivara, was it?" Mihara asks. "I'd like to know who and what we've got to work with here. Could you introduce us to some of the other residents? It would be nice to know who we will be working alongside."


GM of all he Surveys

Elie nodded. "We can set up some temporary lodgings for your people in the warehouse near the docks. So long as they can provide there own bedding, it'll mostly be food and water that are an issue. The weather here is..." The Half-Orc looked up into the pure blue sky, the sun beating down brutally on the island city. "Predictable?"

"Once your people are housed," she added, "You can meet most of the local movers and shakers in the inn tonight. Most of them are shop owners and the like, a couple of larger traders. Mostly, folks here are just folks. We're here because we like it, despite the cities problems."


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Sunlight. Ick. "By the time we're done, there'll be a lot more to like." Azri promised with a smile. "We should be able to do something for water - create it, if nothing else."

If there was nothing else to do, she'd busy herself directing people to new housing and trying to get everyone settled down as quickly as possible. As for the traders, they might have been the most valuable resource the city still had - people like that knew what would be most valuable, and likely had the best idea of what it would cost to get something done.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek listened carefully to Elie, nodding, memories of home pulling at Aibek's thoughts. The Vakana lands were well loved by they but most others could only see the problems of an untamed forest... though not much else was similar between the two right now.

I'll check the taken boats for bedding and materials that can be used for such, then begin setting things up for the freed people in the warehouse before joining you and yours in the inn later. We can discus water, food, and other needs then? Aibek said with a nod to Elie before walking off, unconsciously and naturally sticking as best as possible to the little shadow available. Aibek asked some of the freed people where some of the supplies were kept and, after being checked, volunteered to help with the dozens of trips it took to carry all the material and supplies needed to the warehouse. Soon there was enough for the people to begin putting together the bedding themselves and Aibek thanked the volunteers and gave them a farewell before slipping out to join the others at the inn.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Like Azri, Selena will pass the time until the meeting at the inn helping set up the housing for the former slaves.

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

Ayreth will gladly join that crew and check if any of the former slaves need healing.


GM of all he Surveys

Although somewhat basic, accommodation is soon set up for the former slaves. Bedding is brought from the ships, areas for cooking food, water provided by divine magic set up in various containers, and even rooms for washing and other private functions set up.

After being forced to obey the whims of others, it is obvious the newly freed slaves are finding freedom something of an exercise, but many are starting to feel out what it means to them. Elie makes it clear that this does not include anything considered a crime, and small militia patrols make sure to pass the warehouse regularly.

As the sun starts to set Elie takes you to the Dust Devil's Den, the current sole inn within Khalharum. It is a neat, well made building, boasting a surprising amount of wood furnishings. At this time of day the place is only about a quarter full, mostly of older people relaxing and playing various board, card and dice games. A sole waitress moves calmy through the tables, serving and collecting food and drinks.

Elie sits down at one table with space for nine more people. She nods to the waitress. "Azerna. Could I get some of the roast mutton, please, and a mug of mead? And something for our new...allies." She glanced over. "Sorry, but you only get to be 'rulers' once you take the tower. Hence the informal nature of my own position. I run the militia because I'm good at it and no one else really wants to."

The Half-Orc shrugged slightly. "So, you wanted to know more about the place? Well, we have four major shops. Gron's Alchemy place proviudes most of the town's potions, and he runs it with his son. Kara and Dosa run the general store, and have trade connections with Khatapesh, so they import the more exotic goods we use. Pelar is our blacksmith. Quera runs a sort of odds and ends store, but has some weird and wonderful stuff from time to time."

Pausing, she considered. "Who else is there...? There's Duval, the bar owner over there. You'll probably want to talk to him about lodging unless you plan to set up camp in a building. You might want to try and find Jedd. He's an Elf - an old one - whose been here much of his life, and knows a lot about the city and it's fall. It's an even bet he can help you with the Symbols. And Xandius, an Oracle. If you ever have a red skinned man walk up to you, babble at you in apparently incoherent fashion and then have no idea what happened, pay very close attention to what he said. He's not always very clear, but what he says is always important and relevant some how."

"Also," she added, "I've heard people talking about some visitors camping out on another island, looking for something. But they don't say much when they come here for supplies. Anything else you wanna know?"


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek listened intently. The witchwolf preferred ally to ruler anyway, it had more of a collective ring to it that suited Aibek, and compeltely understood why an area that had a what sounded like several people over the years come to claim rulership and fail to live up to promises would keep potential rulers such as themselves at such an informal level.

Aibek pondered the people Elie discussed, knowing someone could import things would be particularly of interest to the witchwolf. An idea pulled at Aibek's thoughts, "Is there someone who could help with sending messages or similar? Some of us will want to send letters to kin and we will want to send information back... back to Zhen Halfblood's estate on how we're carrying out his wishes - it was said that further supplies and things and Kira would come after we had progressed well though to what extent I am unsure." Aibek asked, voice going less steady as the words progressed.

More thoughts pulled for attention, but Aibek pulled back to refocus thoughts as well as to observe those around them. Aibek was curious about the peoples and populations around here. The shadow creature couldn't imagine many other shadow creatures or fetchlings hanging around such a bright place - not unless there was some connection to the Shadow Plane close, nor could Aibek imagine many skin walkers among such a small population going undetected - though there were those visitor.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Eh...I' still don't know what to think about this whole "lord of the city thing": I've no problem waiting until the tower recognizes us or whatever.

Selena nods after Elie finishes "Ok, got it. Maybe we should pay Jedd and this people camping near here a visit after we're done fixing the water pump. How long has it been since it broke down, aunt? Oh, and..." the half-succubus bites her lip, and the symbol on her hand starts to hum faintly "are there been some people recently that expressed interest in Khalarum, or some strange sightings in the last days? Whoever...killed grampa hindered us as to prevent us from getting here sooner."


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"They seem particularly worried about our chances of success. That just makes me think we've got a better chance than anyone else." Azri said cheerfully. "Also, I have a grudge against them now for what they did to Zhen, and defiantly succeeding at something when they want me to fail is the kind of thing that makes me smile." She was taking mental notes as Elie talked, nodding occasionally, and finally exhaled slightly. "If there's any paperwork to do, bring it to me and I'll see if I can get it done tonight." she added. "Otherwise I might just walk around and memorize the layout of this area."

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

"A red-skinned man... fascinating. I think you covered the basics. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it is a pleasant surprise to find a thriving community." She strokes Emmitt's head as he lays in her lap.


GM of all he Surveys

Elie nodded slowly. "Messages can probably be sent via the twins, Kara and Dosa. As for when the water broke down...a couple of weeks ago? As I understand it, Nexus ran the water as sort of an automatic thing, like you breath without thinking. There's still water being drawn up near the tower itself, though, so something is still going. It's just not getting here."

"As for odd people," she added slightly wryly, "Most of them live in the city. You have to have to be a bit weird to try living on wasted rock of an island, with a pack of slavers to the south that only mostly stay away thanks to the mountain range."

She paused for a moment. "I don't know the details of Zhen's death. But...look, if taking the towers thumbs the people who did this in the eye? I'll make sure you get there. I hadn't seen him much in the last few years, but he always wrote. He even tried to get Grimrod to do it, but it was mostly rude drawings. So whatever you need, I'll help you get it."


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek dark eyes drifted back from the witchwolf's observation of those around them as Elie spoke, a small smile growing at Elie's description of the locals and Grimrod. "Maybe we can go out towards the Nexus in the morning, trace the route to locate a problem?" Aibek said unsurely, glancing to the others for input, the mechanics likely very different to the forests of Aibek's home...

The thoughts of Aibek's home brought a concern flashing through dark eyes, and spoke them aloud in a quiet voice, "Are there are groups or populations or... particularly rules we should be aware of? I really don't want to upset anyone. Where I come from there are habits as natural as breathing among groups to keep the peace that we don't think about much until a visitor breaks them. As the story goes, on their first trek through the Vakana lands, Grimrod was a hair-widths way from reopening a centuries dead feud over taking - and being found in - the wrong merchant's drink barrels. If not for Zhen and my mother's diplomatic natures and the evidence they had kept, it would likely have caused far more problems and another story of Grimrod being a small drunk dog being flown to safety... Aibek shook the rambling thoughts aside slightly, "I'd really like to not upset anyone or cause any problems like that" Aibek finished, looking around.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri listened carefully as Aibek spoke. In particular, she was interested in their views on undead, and hoped to get to the point where they'd accept her as one of their own... because she had no intention of lying to them forever, and it was a given that someone would eventually figure it out anyway. Knowing more about the local groups would definitely help her.

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

"Also, I know that we brought a large population influx with us. We don't want them to be a burden. What are the area's sources of food?"


GM of all he Surveys

"Long term, yeah, food will be an issue." Elie shrugged slightly. "We mostly have imported food combined with small gardens, green houses and locally traded meats. There were farms, once, but the water stopped running to them when the city fell."

She considered the other question. "We're a mish-mash here. Lots of people from lots of places. Only about half the people here were born in Khatapesh or on the island. Mostly, everyone's fairly easy going. It's kinda like the city of Khatapesh, only with less slaving." She made a face. "No one here likes that, for some odd reason."


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"Hmm, new food takes time to grow..." Azri mused. "So that's a temporary concern, but not a long-term one. We definitely want to make this place self-sustaining, and capable of holding out against attack for any length of time."


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek pondered outloud, "I imagine food growing, or picking, or hunting might be more awkward here than where I'm from and we've no idea how many of the recently enslaved people we brought will stay. So, from what I can see, there is the water mechanisms that need looking into as a high priority as well as talking to the local peoples and businesses as a top priority for me. As well, we'll need to consider food planning of various types - exploring what's locally would be a good idea - are there acacias? what hunting around there be?, as well as long term housing and needs for us and those we brought that stay, the visitors on the other islands as well as the undead...sailors? slavers? undead people and the other slaver issues and defense against them and those who are set against us. And sending messages and finding those symbols."

Aibek looked to the others, We can meet back here in the morning to make a list, prioritise, divide by strengths and interests, whatever works for you all. I'd like to check on those we brought, talk to some of the local peoples, and then try to follow the water works out maybe with some locals who know about it to see if we can help sort out the problem. If there is anyone you can recommend to talk to about the water issue Elie, I would be appreciative if you could give us a list or send them our way in the morning.

Aibek stretched with mind still lost in thoughts, glancing towards Selena and Ayreth then towards the bar. "I'm going to talk to...Duval about getting rooms. I imagine you may wish to talk to your kin longer - I'm going to get an early night. It's been nice meeting you Elie, thank you for your help and patience with my questions.. Aibek rose, gave a nod and a wave before walking off towards the bar, quickly asking about rooms.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

As the day winds down and the party discusses matters in the inn, it becomes clear quite quickly that, without the prospect of travel and combat to distract her, Mihara is gravely concerned by the potential fate of her brother and kin.

Not too long into the evening, she has had perhaps a tad too much to drink, and she excuses herself wordlessly from the party's table, asking about a room and turning in for the night quite early.


GM of all he Surveys

As night closes in you are shown to your rooms, or in the case of those choosing to stay elsewhere the remains of those buildings. As the night progresses the small community quiets as only a desert town can. Soon only the faint sound of the ocean waves and the faint whisper of the winds can be heard.

On the relative safety of a guarded island, sleep comes reasonably easy. As you drift away you find yourself somewhere other than the usual dreams of your mindscape, but instead on top of a huge tower of glistening white. A glance over the edge reveals a series of islands below, and six surrounding towers. It doesn't take a genius to realize that the view is Khalharum from the central tower.

It is also obvious that the city doesn't currently look like this. The whitewashed tower has been sandblasted back to stone by centuries of wind and grit. The city below is alive and well, not a mostly abandoned ruin

And an army sits outside the walls.

Thousands of troops, humanoid and other, are arrayed against the city. Siege engines, many of them huge and brutal devices, hurl rocks against the city only for them to crash into barriers of force. Magic hurled by distant wizards dissolves as it strikes the wall or the air above it.

"Well, this is certainly an odd sensation. Welcome to city of Khalharum, candidates. Although as I understand it, in your view, things are quite...different." The voice seems to come from the air around, impossible to locate exactly. In fact, it's impossible to pin anything down about it at all. It is neither old nor young, obviously masculine or feminine, nor does it have a distinct accent. It simply is.

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

"Thank you. Indeed, they are. Are we looking into Khalharum's past? And may we assume that we are speaking to the Nexus?"


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"What is going on here? Are we dreaming?"


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek stared around, small dark eyes wide, in amazed silence. The few stories the witchwolf had heard had not done the city at its prime justice. Aibek looked around, trying to take everything in, trying to imprint everything to memory. Aibek knelt down, feeling unsteady and overwhelmed by all the sensory information at once, and reached down with one small hand to feel the top of the tower, hoping to both ground and find out more even when in already overloaded state.

After many long moment, We are all potential... how are candidates chosen for all of this, responsibilities, how did it really come to this? have you been watching this for all this time?" Aibek softly murmurers thoughts outloud, wondering how a city in such a hostile place could get to such a wonder, what had resulted such an army at their walls, how such a wonder could come to what it is today, finding the truth from the myths and far more in a haze of thoughts spinning in an overloaded mind which at the core was a feeling that while the others had marks and wonders about them which made the idea of choosing them reasonable, the young witchwolf felt baffled how such a choosing would pick this Aibek...


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri's mouth twitched slightly. "Well, science thinks I shouldn't be able to see at all." she observed. After all, her body was kind of dead. Given her lack of sleep - it was something she no longer did - she suspected this to be a kind of magical contact. How interesting. "Feel free to convey any information you'd like me to know. I'll see if I can write it down once we're done."


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Selena looks around at first, a little confused by the situation: a few moments before she was laying in one of the inn's beds, and now she was in this strange vision.
Nodding, if a bit dazed, at the others' questions, she looks at the enemy army, frowning. After a few moments, the half-succubus points at them "Who are those guys? And why are they throwing rocks at us? Jerks."


GM of all he Surveys

"I am indeed Nexus," the voice replied, "I am what runs the island city of Khalharum. Although even I do not know a lot about the cities past. I have been modified now and then, and sometimes I simply...forget."

"Time is somewhat relative," Nexus replied slowly. "Technically speaking, I have not been watching you at all. It is a little complicated. Essentially, in your time I am...indisposed. But a candidate must be assessed. So a connection has been forged to the last time I was able to complete this function, and your sleeping mind sent to that time. Theoretically it could probably be done forwards as well, but this causes less strain."

"You have been chosen simply because you bear the Mark of Authority," it added, "And will prove your worth by gaining a Symbol of Authority. Of course, originally there were all sorts of nominations and tests required first. But as I understand it such things aren't currently in place, so the basics will do - acquire the Mark, obtain the Symbol, present them to me in the Council Chamber."

A rock fizzled against the city walls. "As for them," Nexus added with disdain, "They are a coalition of scum, frankly. Slavers, pirates, thieves and mercenaries. Our army was mostly destroyed during the recent actions in Taldan, so they smell blood and a chance to operate uncontested." The voice made a noise somewhat akin to a snort of disdain.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"Our city is magical?" Azri immediately brightened. This might end up even more interesting than she'd been expecting. "Exactly where are the symbols we need to acquire, and what must we do to obtain them? In addition, what must be done to restore you to basic functionality in the present time, and are there any pressing issues we should be aware of that the locals are not?" It was best to get as much information as you could while you still had the chance.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

The half-fiend slowly nods to herself, still looking at the enemy army. "Yeah, jerks." she comments, waiting for Nexus to answer Azri's question.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

"And the Marks appeared after I picked up the colourful... So...we were chosen as potentials, as candidates, for some reason when I picked that up and now we have to prove ourselves to become actual. Sounds fair. Though that no one has "completed" in all this time is concerning - " Aibek trailed off in a soft murmur while leaning back into a crouch, small left hand running over the stone work before resting on the top of the right arm. Aibek tried to relieve the continuing nagging feeling that another Aibek should be here, dark eyes drifting over the scene, when the witchwolf's thought and eyes lifted up to to Azri as she spoke.

'Indisposed' is kinda concerning as well for one such as yourself. Aibek mentioned after Azri's questions, hoping for clarification and they'd remember enough to get all this listed when they awoke...


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"Uh, now that you mention it...were there a lot of candidates before us, since the city got destroyed?" Selena asks, before falling silent for a second. "And what happened to those that tried? Is getting this symbol of authority that dangerous?" the hlaf-fiend adds shortly after.

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

As Ayreth ponders the implications of the given answers, another question escapes her without thought. "Is this happenstance or a construct of fate?"


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

Mihara remains speechless, gawking at the city.

So this is what Khalharum was? What Khalharum may one day be again? All of the Whispering Moon could sit upon this city!


GM of all he Surveys

"You are not the first to try, certainly." Nexus paused for a moment. "Time in these matters is a little difficult to comprehend, but it would appear all of them fail. I can't say as to why. Gaining the Symbols is not, automatically, a risk but...well, frankly, I have no idea where they are. They were usually handed from wielder to wielder in whatever fashion was in vogue at the time. In this instance, you must simply find them and take them from whoever currently posses them...be it by buying them with coin, killing the current wielder, solving the cunning trap that holds it or however else they are currently kept from your grasp."

The tower considered before it continued. "As for indisposed, I cannot die. I am not living and never have been. But obviously, some part of me exist in a form capable of initiating this contact. On other hand, it is apparently unable to do this itself. 'Indisposed' seems to be the most accurate word for the situation."

"But, as pointed out, I am really quite magical." Nexus sounded quite smug on this point. "If a minimum of four activated Symbols are presented in the Council Chamber, I will be present, and able to tell you more about my current status, issue and problems. Something of me survives. With your aid, Khalharum can be brought back once again."


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri frowned slightly. The super-important symbols couldn't be tracked by the magical intelligence that ran the city? That was... strange enough to be either intentional or the result of a lack of skill, and anything capable of creating a city intelligence that could reach through time to accomplish its goals probably wasn't lacking in skill. "Can you at least tell us what they look like?" she inquired.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"Ah, so you don't know where the symbols are, either..." Selena comments with a tinge of disappointment, before smiling again. "Don't worry, we'll fix you as soon as possible: from there we'll make Khalarum better than it ever was."


GM of all he Surveys

"No," was Nexus' simple reply. "I can give you a loose idea, however. There were a total of 13 symbols made, although it was rare that all were used at any one time. Some were weapons, armour or staves. Others were more esoteric. The Trickster Rings were a series of rings that fit on one hand, linked by chains. However, each item is also linked to it's owner. As there power grows it changed to match them, both in appearance and abilities. If I told you the Trickster Rings were made of gold with a diamond stone in the center I could be wrong."

"Thank you," the voice added at Selena's offer. There was a sickening crump! moments after as a magically enfused ball of lead managed to break past the Tower's defences. The building shook under the impact. "I fear our time grows short. Do you have any final questions?"


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"You probably couldn't answer them." Azri said with a depressed sigh. "I'll see if I have a few for you once we get you running again properly."


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"I do have a question: What if the bearers of the symbols are not in agreement? What if enemies of the city, for example, gather other symbols of power? Could they use them to forcibly take control away from those currently in charge?" Mihara asks.

Trickster Rings, was it? Sounds interesting.

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

"For now, no. I hope we speak again soon."


GM of all he Surveys

"I am ruled by council and consensus," the arcane construct explained. "A Symbol can be deactivated if the majority of the council votes it so."

"Now, one final warning." Missles screamed into the city below. It became obvious Nexus had abandoned defending the island closer to shore as the enemy launched a major offensive in both siege engines and magic, instead choosing to stop missiles aimed at the fleeing ship departing the docks. The tower shooked again, and the one to the left split with the groan of shattering stone as a rock the size of small house tore through one side.

Nexus ignored these wounds. "In your time, something wishes to seize control of the city. Something...dark. I am technically neutral, and will obey the wishes of those that rule me, but my creator feared this. I do not know the details - even those are there own danger - but whatever it is, you will have to keep me from it. The results of failure will be felt by those you leave behind for centuries to come. My blessings go with you, candidates. I pray I will see you again in the Council Chamber."

The scene faded into blackness. When you wake next, you find dawn rising over the city. You can now see past the ghostly bones that are left to the city you saw in your dreams, and an inkling of what you can achieve rests in your mind.

On entering the common room of the inn, you find a simple breakfast of well cooled fruits, breads, fresh butter and preserves on a table, ready to consume. The bar maid, Azerna, stands behind the bar preparing an assortment of nuts.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri glanced at the food, but didn't reach for any. She didn't need to eat. "Shame we probably can't create our own symbols." she sighed out. "Ah, well. Maybe I'll be able to talk the city into something better. We didn't learn nearly as much as I was hoping for. So, what would you all like to focus on today?"


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"I think seeing the water issue through ought to be our first priority," Mihara says before biting a chunk off an apple.

"Although, before anything else, I'd like to seek out Kara and Dosa. The earlier I can send a message home, the sooner I can rest assured or confirm my fears."

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

Ayreth wakes to find that the room of the former temple is much cleaner than when she went to sleep. Looking around, she spies Emmitt cleaning himself in a window with the sun just beginning to shine through.

"You've been busy," she remarks. And she receives exactly the response that she expects, none at all, maybe a quick flick of the ears.

She performs her morning rituals, dons her new armor, and then heads to the inn. Emmitt jumps down from the window, weaves between her legs, and then walks in front of her as if she is following him.

In the common room of the inn, Ayreth avails herself of the food assembled, thanking Azerna. She finds a seat next to Selena, her overly-tall cousin, as she eats. Emmitt stalks around the common room, checking shadows for prey.

Ayreth seconds Mihara's suggestion regarding the water. "People need flowing water for sanitation as well as drinking."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Emmit's hunt(Survival): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


GM of all he Surveys

Emmit seems oddly taken by the dark skinned waitress, who seems equally bemused by the small animal. She provides him with a small plate of food.

As you settle in Elie enters the inn, looking around before moving over. "Good night, campers? No problems on our end. We saw fires in the ruins on the far side of the towers, and some Gnolls were seen a few miles away. Probably Broken Glass looking for easy pickings." The defacto Sheriff shrugged. "What do you plan to do today?"


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"Keep an eye on the gnolls and do not let down your guards." Azri said quickly. "We have reason to believe that they're up to more than what they seem. We'll be focusing on fixing the water for now - I understand that's quite important." Not that she really understood thirst. It had... been awhile since she'd felt that.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek arrives and quietly thanks Azerna while getting some bread and butter. While buttering the bread, Aibek's head tilts to listen as the others talk.

"Glad to hear your night went well, though...Broken Glass, that sounds like a group with a reputation." Aibek said, glancing up to Elie, "We'll try to keep an eye out for the Gnoll group while we're looking into the water situation. It sounds like we'll be heading out after we're done here, we can swing by the general store to see Kara and Dosa and check on the people we brought on our way out. Do you know any locals who know the water systems well?" Aibek asked, trying to eat quickly and neatly, occasionally stopping to sweep buttered crumbs off of the loose weave material of the witchwolf's trousers or mesh like sleeves, quite thankful for the foresight to bring hot weather clothes.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"Good morning sis!" Selena greets her overly-short cousin with an hug after she gets downstairs for breakfast.
"Yeah, I agree that we should check the water first: from what I understand, it's needed to make the city's fields usable again. With all the people we brought in, making the place-self sufficient is important." the half-succubus comments, finishing just before Elie enters the tavern.
"Good Morning, aunt!" she cheerfully greets Elie, beaming.


GM of all he Surveys

"Oh, I am far too young and pretty to be an aunt..." Elie shook her head. "Father would be laughing his armoured ass off if he hadn't just passed. And somehow I doubt it's stopping him now." She glanced up at the sky with a sigh.

"But yes," she added after a moment, "The Broken Glass tribe of Gnolls are a pain in our ass. Most Gnolls are tough, strong, vicious - but the Broken Glass are smart. The rumour is they came in from the Mana Wastes a few decades back. I've seen a few guns in there ranks, and they have some Alchemists. Hence the name, I suppose."

She glanced over at Azri. "So long as Ayreth here can supply water with her magic, we're not too badly off. But for crops, bathing, stuff like that? Yeah, we're gonna need it fixed. The water originates in the central Tower from a artisan well, but from Jedd has told me it was them pumped to the other islands. The bridges, if you care to look, had connections for water and magical power. That bridge is still standing, though...so I have no idea why it's stopped. We've taken a couple of runs over to look but we can't see anything obvious."

901 to 950 of 3,639 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Broken Towers All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.