Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Broken Towers

Game Master JonGarrett

The Glorious Website
Ancient Home -Ground Floor
Ancient Home - Second Floor
Ancient Home - Third Floor


501 to 550 of 3,644 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

Round 4
-------------------------------------------------------------------

"CooooommmiiiiIINNGG!!!," is what you hear from down the hall until Ayreth bursts into the room holding the bow from the dais. She looks a bit ridiculous as the bow is more than a foot bigger than she is.

She comes to a stop by Nigrum, holding it in front of herself, and out towards Nigrum, the nearest bow-user. "I think...huff...Saranrae...huff...might be angry enough...huff... for this to do some damage!"

Not that Nigrum is likely to take it, but it's an option.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

HP=17 | Spells: 1st:0/7 | Speed: 40'


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

Not that it matters since he missed, but I do wonder: Can someone really make AoOs even while grappled?


GM of all he Surveys

Nope! The Mutant Arm Devil is a bit of an exception, because it's essentially a second character attached to the first. So I went for a Rule of Drama ruling as it flailed around, trying to hit with a heat drain attack that would suck out some non-lethal damage from you guys and pump up his low HP. As it is...

The holy symbol shatters with a noise that sets your teeth on edge, as if a sheet of glass was somehow ripped. Instantly Redemption slumps in Selena's grasp.

For a moment...something...hovers in the air, barely real enough to think of as a shadow. A smug voice worms its way into you mind. Well done, children! I enjoyed that. But now I must be off to enjoy the payment of this little enterprise...but don't worry. I shall look for more jobs involving you all! Keep your loved ones safe, now. Have fun!

The shadow fades. Half a dozen tiles pop mere feet away - Redemption was obviously about to lead you all into a trap while he recovered.

As for Redemption himself...the strange, mutate arm crumbled away in a stream of rusting flakes. Soon it was gone, leaving the Ironborn with only one hand and a strange, gruesome looking hole in the metal where his shoulder was, still tinged with warped, rusted iron.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek stepped out of the shadow and walked with rolled footsteps towards the now broken form of Redemption. Crouching over, both to look and to jump back quickly, Aibek's eye were still focused on Redemption, tight fists held against Aibek's legs.

So, the Ironborn was...even more controlled than the rest it seems... said Aibek, a but obviously hanging in the air. Aibek's amber eyes never leave Redemption.

Aibek thought quietly outloud, sounding as if trying to self-convince admit focused yet chaotic thoughts "That 'facilitator' seemed the only controller, we should...check on the others we tied up, and Kharl, one of them should know more about Redemption and what should be done. Do Ironborns require healing and/or mending? If Asmodeus is involved, does that mean the Ironborn made a contract? That someone made a contract against Zhen Halfblood? Which is now extending to our loved ones? Kira, are you okay? We...I need to get some rest soon..."

Deadly Focus is still technically in effect on Redemption until Aibek rests or they're confirmed dead. Rule of Drama says the focus being denied is swirling Aibek's brain as assassins don't usually want to heal/fix their targets as Aibek is want to do...which is also why Shadow Blade is still on...hehehe being mean to my own characters


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"We do? ...Oh! Um, yes, we do!" Azri quickly corrected. It was so easy to forget that other people could tire quicker than she did, and she sounded legitimately embarrassed about the mistake, though her expression was still hard to make out under her concealing clothes. She brushed herself off a bit and looked around the room, trying to see if there was anything else there they'd missed.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"I... could definitely use the rest." Mihara admits, woozily. "... and some first aid wouldn't hurt either." She added, noting her wounds.

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

Ayreth flops down, sitting on the ground with a huffing noise. Emmitt uses the opportunity to come out of the shadows and jump back into the hood of her cloak.

She looks at the bow towering above her. "Uh, well then, that was completely unnecessary. Braided dwarven nipple-hair!," she curses. She looks really embarrassed. Emmitt nuzzles at her neck and she absent-mindedly reaches up to scratch his head.

"Um, yeah, I, uh, could use some rest, too. From the earlier fighting...," she practically whispers, her head low.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"Fetching the bow was a good idea, Ayreth. It didn't pay off this time, but if we had been just a little less fortunate, it may very well have saved our lives." Mihara smiles.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Selena slowly loosens her grip on Redemption after the Unholy Symbol is shattered, gently supporting the ironborn to prevent him to fall on the ground. "You're right Aibek, we should see Kharl and tell him that everything's okay. Let's just give a potion of Endure Elements to the priest we were lugging around: the still have to fix the cooling system." he says quietly, passing her hand where the Ironborn stabbed her. Trembling slightly, she stays silent for a few seconds, then asks abruptly "Was I the only that never fought seriously before today? I mean, I did a pair of brawls for fun a couple of time or more, but I never..." she grips the side that was injured by the entity possessing the ironborn "...that was the sec- the most scary moment in my whole life."


GM of all he Surveys

"Yeah, I'm here. Is...is he dead?" Kira's footsteps moved through the sandy courtyard, stopping several feet away from Selena and Redemption. "He looks kinda dead at the moment. After that weird voice left him I kinda don't want him to die anymore. He was nice before this started."

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

Ayreth looks up at Mihara and smiles gratefully. "I appreciate the kindness." Ayreth uses the large bow to brace herself as she gets back to her feet.

Her good mood returns quickly and she asks, "Does he have the missing piece to the cooling mechanism? And we should definitely tell Gra-...um, Zhen about being delayed on purpose."


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri quietly bent over the body, occasionally poking at it. She was actually rather good at telling if people were alive or dead (or undead) - it seemed to be a natural part of who and what she was. "...I believed in the rest of you." she told Selena, hood continuing to hang low over her face. "Don't let your guards down, though. There could still be other things - like more elementals - within this place."

Her words were normal enough, but she sounded particularly troubled about something - though Azri herself didn't seem to have noticed her tone.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"Oh..." Selena says as the other points out that Redemption was currently dead. "Let's...let's get back to the entrance. Do you think there's enough left of him to raise him? I...I..." she tries to add, but falls silent again. Without a word, she moves to the pile of bound priest they were carrying around, quietly retrieving her ropes.
It had to be done and maybe we can bring him back and there was no choice but...but...
For a moment, the half-succubus can see the withered body of the drunk sailor, floating in the filthy waters of the puddles.
He deserved it. That night, that man deserved to die. But today, that Redemption was being controlled by someone else, he didn't...
Still untying the priest, Selena turns her head back, glancing to the dead body of the ironborn on the floor.
"I killed an innocent man..." she says bitterly to herself.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"It was not a free choice." Mihara replies, overhearing Selena. "There is no guilt to be had in self-defense. The one who took him over is the guilty party. Not you. We will give this one justice when we find the one who used him." She places a hand on her companion's shoulder, hoping to reassure Selena, and suppressing a wince of pain when the movement causes her wound to shift quite painfully.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek nodded along to what the others were saying, though those amber eyes never lost their focus on Redemption. "This has been very unlike anything I've experienced before... " Aibek admitted quietly. "Though we seem to be doing pretty well so far considering..." said in an attempted upbeat tone.

"I can't helping thinking another would be better suited than I, but I guess that's how it often seems in a clan with..." Aibek said with a shrug, spoken thoughts trailing off in a sigh.

Aibek watched Redemption intently as Azri poked at the ironborn. Can you check for any mechanisms, my hands like this aren't much use for going through pockets?" Aibek asked, trying to spot anything while watching. Then we can get the priests for healing and mending, I imagine an Ironborn would be in the need of both, I think...or maybe do that first and then look for a mechanism" Aibek said, quite aware of a large gap of knowledge there. Either way, should some go for Kharl now, he'll be most able to help, or wait until we're all ready to go? does anyone other than me need a few more moments? Aibek asked while trying to pull thoughts away from the ironborn Aibek appeared to be continuously staring at with mostly blank expression.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


GM of all he Surveys

A low, metallic groan came from the Ironborn. One steel hand rubbed across roughly where the eyes were on the helmet-like head, and then Redemtion paused as he looked for his other hand. Realizing it wasn't there anymore he simply murmured, "oh".

Glancing at the arm, he added slowly, "I...what...no. I am sorry. I...remember. It is like a fever dream, or so I would imagine from the descriptions, but I remember what happened. I remember what I did. I...remember the blood."

Redemption looked at the stump of his arm again. "It was the blood that allowed that thing to change my arm. Without it, it was destroyed. I am...thankful. I will find a new arm, somehow. I must make amends." Looking at the party, he bowed his head. "Allow me to start here. I am The Redemption of the Azure Flame. Most know me as Redemption. I am at your service."

Knowledge (History) DC 18:
About twenty years ago there was a Half-Elf bandit called Kamale the Azure Flame for the unique style of magic she used. She vanished, presumed dead, when her group was killed raiding a Chellaxian trading post.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

"Oh, I see." Azri said, tilting her head slightly. "And what did Kamale do that required any kind of redemption? Most people would say that raiding something of Cheliax was a good deed..." And at least that managed to form the connection the group had been missing, though she still wasn't sure why Asmodeus had decided to strike out against this particular temple... Hmm.


GM of all he Surveys

"You know of my mother?" The Ironborn tilted his head, apparently still not quite with it. "I am not sure of the relevance, but...her last fight was with Cheliax, but before that she had attacked anyone and everyone with something she wanted. She was...not known for leaving survivors. When she grew older, she regretted what she had done, but was too old to do anything. She created me, in the hopes that I would balance out the evils she had done." Redemption glanced around the temple. "Things are not going well with that right now."


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"Indeed not. Well, no point standing around here talking - best to fix the place and get going, right? We can talk as we do that." Azri said, clapping her hands together. All right, they still needed to cool the place off a bit, didn't they? At least, she was fairly sure that hadn't been resolved yet.

Anything about that ring? Made a Spellcraft check on it on the previous page, but got no reply. XD;

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

At the first sign of the Ironborn, Ayreth quickly runs to Mihara, and grabs an arrow out of her quiver, nocking it to the giant bow and drawing it back. Her hands shake and the bow moves wildly about, momentarily aiming the arrow at several different targets. It is clear that she does not have much experience with the weapon.

But as Redemption begins telling his story, the tension on the string eases, the bow drops, and Ayreth becomes much less accidentally dangerous. "I'm not sure I followed all that, but it sounds very sad to me," she says quietly.

Azri's declaration stirs Ayreth out of her reverie and she perks up. "Oh, yeah, do you have the missing piece to the cooling mechanism? That would help to start restoring things around here."


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Selena smiles faintly at Aibek and Mihara's words, nodding quietly. When she hears the metal clatter, she jumps on her feet, turning to Redemption. "You...you're alive!" she says as her eyes lights up, visibly relieved.
Thank the gods...
Back to her usual mood, Selena help carry back to the entrance the unconscious priests when they prepare to get back.


GM of all he Surveys

"Alive? Why yes. Ironborn are alive, despite what some may..." Redemption paused for a moment. "You meant after the fight, didn't you? No, it didn't kill me. I am...damaged, but I will recover with time. That reminds me, do any of you need healing? I still have some spell power, if you will trust me to heal you."

"The Mechanism?" The Oracle reached into his charred and tattered robe and rummaged around for a moment before pulling out a piece of metal. "Huh. Yes, it seems I do."


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"I could certainly use some..." Mihara nods, still holding one (now back to human form) hand against the wound at her ribs. "I took a nasty blow from that interloper.

[b]"May I?" Mihara asks, holding her hand out for the key. "We should get that cooling mechanism in order as soon as possible... and go back for those guards we tied up."


GM of all he Surveys

Redemption nodded, passing the piece over to Mihara as they entered the main sanctum. "I...there was something about the mechanism." The Ironborn shook his head. "I am sorry. I can remember what I did, for the most part. Some of them are...blacker than others. Screaming at the stars. But I cannot remember how or why I did so much."

After a moment he also touched Mihara. Healing energy flowed for a moment, healing some of her injuries.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


GM of all he Surveys

Before I forget AGAIN, Azri, the ring you found is a Ring of Arcane Signets. Might be useful for paperwork...since you know what it is, you can choose to for a particular symbol when you put it on, or allow it to form itself into something that represents you.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek watched Redemption as the Ironborn moved. Processing when they were saying, Aibek replied, "It is more rest I require than healing after what that facilitator as they called themself has done, but first let us see to the others and the mechanism" Aibek said, slowly rising, moving with slow rolled footsteps to follow the others while keeping eyes on Redemption. Coming with us Kira? Aibek called slightly louder to check on her and to pin Kira's location.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

I'll avoid putting it on for now - it sounds like something that might be good for a more official seal later on.

"Well, I'm sure we can figure it out." Azri said optimistically, moving forward with the others and looking to get as close to the cooling mechanism as she safely could. They were an odd group, but she was a genius by any standard definition, and between her and the others, it ought to be possible to put the system back in working order.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)
Azri, the Lich of Khalharum wrote:
I'll avoid putting it on for now - it sounds like something that might be good for a more official seal later on.

Or to punch people with!

"I'm glad." Selena says to the Ironborn, feeling as a weight was being removed from her shoulders.
Selena winces a bit when the other mention the cooling mechanism: her head still hurt since last time. Nonetheless, she follows the other, hoping to fix things as soon as possible.


GM of all he Surveys

"Yes, just listening." The voice came from behind Redemption, who glanced over his shoulder at the invisible young woman's rough location with a nod.

The Ironborn himself moved over to the large statue of Sarenrae. "When the system operates in a certain way the water pressure moves this statue, revealing the vault below. I don't know how, exactly, to make it do that though. I don't think the creature in my head did, either. Do you, Miss Kira?"

"Nope," the young woman replied, this time near the cooling system. "They asked that I not watch, and it seemed rude since they were trying to help me."

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

"Oooh, a puzzle. Sounds fun!," Ayreth says enthusiastically. She looks at the system briefly, then gets out of the way, in case other people want to look. "Was there something in the vault that you... err, he, it wanted?"


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"Thank you, Redemption." Mihara smiles with relief as her wound stops bleeding profusely. Mihara looks down at her outfit, which bore a few large bloodstaine. "Tss. This won't do. Please give me a second."

Mihara steps out of the room for a few seconds, before returning, now dressed in an entirely different (and equally as lavish and elaborate) outfit. "Ah, that's much better."

Hearing that the conversation has turned to the mechanism, Mihara speaks up. "I took a long peek at the mechanisms earlier, hoping that I could cool the temple down. I've seen similar mechanisms in castles and forts belonging to allies of my late father; I should be able to open it without too much trouble, now that I have this." She explains, balancing the handle on the tip of a finger as she does.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Azri just held up one hand, clearly inviting Mihara to go ahead and get started. The sooner they were done with all of this, the better off all of them would be... especially those who weren't as good at handling the heat as she was. This was one of the flaws of lichdom - Azri often forgot how vulnerable (or not) others might be, and she seemed quite aware of the fact that this was a problem.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)
Yao Mihara wrote:


Mihara steps out of the room for a few seconds, before returning, now dressed in an entirely different (and equally as lavish and elaborate) outfit. "Ah, that's much better."

Selena jaw almost drops. "How did you do that?".

She did mention magical clothes before, but this is fantastic!


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"Magic." Mihara replies simply, smirking.

Best 300 gp I ever spent.


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

Aibek followed, watching and listening to Redemption, before thinking aloud again, "Kharl may know how to work it and if the vault is where what we've sent here for is kept, Kharl will be able to get it faster than any of us." . Aibek didn't really look at the contraption, the witchwolf would like to feel as able to help as the other appeared to Aibek, but Aibek knew little of these things and worried more about what would happen if things were to go wrong...

Aibek took a step backwards as if heading to get Kharl, but hadn't taken eyes off of Rdemption yet, feeling the pull between trained focus and wanting to be helpful. Aibek rubbed the back of a hair hand against a tired in an attempt to shake the mix of emotions.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

"Perhaps some of us should go and fetch Kharl while the others stay here and get this working. We've cleared out most of the temple in the way; it should be safe to split up." Mihara suggests, starting to work on the contraption to get the missing piece back into place.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

The slot the Sleeves are in are already occupied by the Bracers of Armor, and I need those D:
"Uh-uh." Selena replies to Mihara's suggestion. Going back to the entrance, she turns back a couple of time to look at the Kitsune's clothes.
I want that magicky thingie, too!

Having reached the entrance, Selena swings open the massive doors of the temple. "All clear Kharl." Selena says to the priest "We have kicked whatever was possessing Redemption out of his body, and now we're trying to fix the cooling system. We reduced casualties to a minimum, but I think the priests need assistance."


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

Aw. I hadn't realised they took a slot. In Mihara's case, they're worth that slot to me because they'll be handy for disguises.


GM of all he Surveys

"OK, I've got to get some of those." Kira's voice added in awe and slight envy at the magical clothing. "Not that anyone else can see me do it currently, but when they can that will be really fun to do."

~~~

After a few minutes Kharl is brought in. The remaining guards - now also free of possession - are brought in as well. The Cleric set about treating the wounded. "The key to the vaults? I do not know. This is not my temple, but I have visited a few times. My guess? It's to do with the sun. This temple is dedicated to Sarenrae, after all."

Kharl's advice rings true. Upon adding the extra part it becomes obvious that the system can be turned into various positions of the sun for various effects. Give the temple's name Dawn seems like a likely candidate to open the machine.

Disable Device DC 18:
The answer is the correct one, but the removal of a piece of the system has tripped an ancient trap within the mechanism. It must be put into the position for Dusk and run through the night to Dawn, otherwise the trap will trigger.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

Sadly, Azri wasn't much of a device person, and so couldn't help out much - rather, she seemed like she was trying to literally stare the machine into obedience as the others worked on it. She... she wasn't expecting anything to actually happen, was she? Or maybe she just didn't want to admit that for all her (considerable) intelligence, she wasn't that great with machines...


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

Taking 10 on Disable Device

"Ahh. Fascinating. A clever puzzle, if somewhat given away by the thematics."

Mihara places the missing piece at Dusk, before turning it over to Dawn.

"I pity the eager soul who considers only the solution, and not the path to it. Just as the sun must rise before it can shine, the key must be turned before it can safely open the door. An enlightening allegory, I would say," she observes.

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

"Ooh, you solved it!" Ayreth claps excitedly.


GM of all he Surveys

Awww, now I don't get to summon a vampire spawn gunslinger with a foot fetish named Richie. And ten points to whoever gets the reference.

A deep rumble ripples through the area as water flood holding tanks and ours through pipes. The huge central statue grinds slowly to the side, revealing a relatively plain stairwell down into the vault below. You can see from the stairwell that the floor is several feet thick and the statue overlaps the entrance by a good foot, making sure it isn't easy or simple to dig into.

As you head down you see the walls are inscribed with prayers to Sarenrae in various tongues. Inside the vault itself is small - a series of alcoves with shelves of items, displaying religious icons, holy artifacts and other valuables. Kharl follows, bowing his head in awe at the sight of the various items.

Part way down the vault you find what you are looking for. This area is obviously dedicated to things that aren't of significance to Sarenrae, but are still in some way valuable. One of them matches the description of the item you seek - a large, gleaming crystal set in a polished stone plinth. As you watch the crystal slowly washes from one colour to the next, green followed by blue followed by purple.

Dark Archive

F Changeling Heavens Oracle | HP: 54 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:18 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+8* | Init:+4 | Perc:+12 | Speed: 40' | Darkvision:60' | Low-light Vision | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Oracle Channel: 10 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 7 | 3rd: 5 |

"The Mark of Authority. With a name like that, I didn't expect it to be... pretty," Ayreth says quietly.

She shakes her head quickly, clearing her mind. "Aimsigh draíochta," she says as her eyes drift around the vault.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Cast: Detect Magic.


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

Leaning to glimpse the crystal, Selena nods at Ayreth's comment. She waits for the more magically apt people to check if there were any other traps or similar, staring at the Mark of Authority in the meantime.
"If it was smaller, it would look beautiful on a necklace..." she muses, mentally adding 'magical color-shifting gem' on her shopping list, together with 'magicky reappearing clothes'.


Witch 6/Arch. 2 | HP: 44/50 | Melee: +4, Ranged: +5 | AC: 17, T: 12, FF: 15, DR: 6 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +7 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +10, Perception: +21 |

"Eh, I think it would be hard to create an outfit whose centerpiece kept changing color. It would look weird." Azri said, looking in but not actually going into the vault. It seemed like a more sacred area than the rest of the temple, and... well... she was reluctant to intrude on such places lest she be smote by an irritated deity - or just one whose vault of holy relics happened to include an anti-undead security measure. That wasn't impossible, and she didn't want to take any chances or wind up accidentally offending a deity of good...


HP: 46/53 | Mythic Points: 7/7pd | They/Them/Their | Augmented Witchwolf | Shadow Assassin + Shadow Archon 5+2 | Mythic Master of Shapes 2 | Other Stats
:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +11/13, Will: +7/11 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +10 |

"That's...not what I expected either" Aibek said, the colours and conversations drawing Aibek's focus from Redemption, amber eyes watching the changing colours for a moment while following others into the vault, glancing at the ironborn a few times while doing so.

With no sign of present threats, and wanting to minimize the threat the witchwolf may be to others before a chance to become clear headed again, Aibek took a deep breath and pushed the shadows from claws and mouth. Then, Aibek closed amber eyes and shifted from bestial form with a soft grunt. Glancing down at soft fingers, dark eyes then looked around at the others in the vault and the Mark of Authority before quickly checking, pushing under any dark brown-black hair that escaped while changing before tightening the wrapped cloth covering the top of the head. Then Aibek straightened the once again slightly loose clothes, brushing a hand over the symbols on the neck guard and vest as if to clear them to make them more visible.

Aibek then slowly moved to pick up the Mark of Authority, listening for objections from anyone. "We should get it back to Katapesh straight away and rest there, as I suspect there is little space or time to rest here. Aibek reasoned. Aibek gently wrapped slender fingers around the stone plinth before slowly picking it up...


GM of all he Surveys

The object radiates a potent magic. It registers as all the schools of magic you are typically familiar with, and possibly some that you aren't.

As Aibek picks the jewel up the pattern solidifies suddenly. "That's never happened before," Kharl exclaims in surprise.

Suddenly you feel a presence, a gaze that has suddenly become aware of you as you become aware of it. A sleeping mind that is currently neutral to you, but is vaguely intrigued by the 'might be' that you represent. In your mind you see a ruined city of several islands, with only handful of lights flickering in the darkness, and rising above them seven Towers. The presence in your mind comes from there, somewhere in the broken spire that was once the central tower.

By the firsts laws of the makers, you are granted the Mark of Authority, Symbol of the Towers. You are granted the favor of becoming a master of Khalharum. Come, worthy, and make your claim.

With a sudden flash the jewel grows bright and the surge of light knocks you into unconsciousness.

~~~

You awake in a light, airy room, lying on a soft bed with a goose down mattress. The wall above you holds a symbol, a sword on a rising sun. Zhen's heralry - it appears you are back in his home. A glance around tells you that you are most likely in the chambers set aside for the ill and injured, a thin sheet across the door protecting your privacy.

But you feel different, more powerful than before. By instinct you know that somewhere on your body is a symbol. Your Mark of Authority.

Somewhere on your person, you have a symbol that means something to your character pesonally. It might be modified version of there deities symbol on there shoulder or a vine wrapping up there arm with there ancestor's name on it. It's size, location, colour and design are all up to you folks. Have fun!

Also, you're now level 4.

And 1st tier mythic.

Now swing over to the off topic chat for a moment, please.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 6 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +9

Mihara wakes up, disoriented, and mumbles a few semi-coherent Tien words as she stirs.

Tien:
Chakosu, Kiromu, which one of you two stupid kids slipped the trickster leaf in my tea this time...

Before long, however, she comes to her senses, and sits up slowly, noting that she has returned to her true kitsune form.

"W-what happened..." she ponders aloud, taking the room in.

Mihara stands up, her three tails flickering about for balance... and then she realises.

Three? ... Three!

Daikitsu's greatest blessing to her kin. For the third time in her life, she has been blessed.

Mihara sits down to ponder this fact, legs crossed in a meditative stance. The words of her late mother come to her:

The first tail of the Yao clan; granted at birth. The blessing of fortunate destiny.

The second tail of the Yao clan; granted as the kit reaches adulthood. The blessing of lessons learned.

The third tail of the Yao clan; granted upon finding one's way in the world. The blessing of greatness to come.

Daikitsu approves of her journey. What a glorious day!

Mihara wraps her tails around her side, wishing to get a good look at her new blessing, and finds that there is more to the gift than she initially believed: Where hers had originally been merely white-tipped, contrasting her dark fur, each tail now bears a stripe of golden fur.

This is a symbol she knew well: Her late father and her brother possessed the same stripes, as had the heads of the Yao Clan for generations.

The stripes of Yao Makaru! Mihara breathlessly.

The stripes... on her? This can't be right. Her brother had the stripes; how can she also have them? "This... this makes no sense!"

Mihara remains in thought for a long time, until her mutterings and confused pacing alert someone to her awakening...


Selena Halfblood Half Succubus Monk (Qinggong Tetori) 5/ Champion 1
Stats:
HP:53/53|AC:20 T:18 FF:16| DR 5/Magic |Init:+6| Fire,Acid,Cold, Electricity Resistance 10 | Spell Resistance 16 | Fort:+7 Ref:+8 Will:+7(+2 vs Enchantements)|CMB:+13(+15 Grapple,+17 Dan Bong) CMD:26(30 vs. Grapple)
Powers/skills:
Darkness 3/3 Detect Thought 1/1Alter Self 1/1 Kiss 0/1 Level Drain 5/5; Mythic Pool 3/7 Ki Pool 5/5 Stunning Fist 5/5 Smite Law 1/1; Perception+11 Acrobatics+12 Diplomacy+13(14 to gather information)

"Then you just have to wear it without anything else on, Azri!" Selena smiles mischievously to the quasi-lich, before the sudden burst of light knocks her out...

_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_

Selena wakes up at the sound of someone muttering in a strange foreign tongue. After her eyes have acclimated to the room, she sits up and stretches.
"Aaah, what a good nap!" she says, unusually in high spirits. She had always been groggy in the morning, but instead today she felt as she could run 3 whole times around Katapesh without breaking a sweat.
"Good morning foxy! Didn't your tails were two until the other day?" Selena greets the kitsune as soon she realizes she's there. "And those gold stripes are so cute! Can I pet them?" the half-succubus adds while moving her hand to touch her tails, only to stop shortly after.
With a puzzled expression, she raises her right hand up: from the index which she pierced some days before to make her oath against those who poisoned Zhen, a spiraling black line made its way up to the top of her hand, moving into intricate patterns that formed the holy symbol of Calistria. Instead of the three daggers that usually are part of the symbol, this one represented three horns very much like Selena's.
"Uh, weird."

501 to 550 of 3,644 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Broken Towers All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.