Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Brevoy Southern Reclamation Project - BS RP (Kingmaker) (Inactive)

Game Master fnord72

High fantasy kingmaker campaign. Expect modified kingdom building and an emphasis on the social and political aspects of creating and running a kingdom.


301 to 350 of 665 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Bard 1, hp 9/9, AC 17, (T13/FF15), Init +2, Perc +4. F+1/R+4/W+2

"Ho companions, the day is ours!

Laughing, Gizsmith walks to join the group by the buildings, clapping people on the back as he arrives.

"Rufus, it seems you need to practice your ducking.
Casts CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Out of curiosity, what levelling progression are we using?


Female Human Bard/1 (Init 4; Normal Vision Perc +4, Hp 11/11; AC 17 [t 14, ff 13]; fort 3 ref 5 will 2)

Kari's eyebrow rises as Svetlana leads her husband from the scene, and smirks at Rufus. "My lord, yet another of your suggestions that seems ill timed," she nearly purrs. "The frequency of these occurrences seems to be increasing by the day," she teases and giggles.

Kari strides to the conscious bandit, Reijin and strides around him to make certain he is fully conscious of her body. "I understand you, or one, or perhaps all of your men have a lack of control around women. Do, be a dear and prove yourselves, hmm?" she attempts to insinuate with Bluff 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Rejin, being quite young, possibly not even having reached the age of majority, quivers with fear as Kari struts around him. "Please, he say he would no hurt me! I di'n't do nothin', please" his voice started out high pitched and wailed off into groveling as the hail below him yellowed.

Another bandit scowls, "Har, the pup don' know what goods a woman has. Ye be robbing the wrong cradle. Ye maybe cow the yung 'un, but not me. Ye ain' my type!" He up and hocks a luggy, spitting it at Kari's feet and staring defiantly at her.


Male Human (Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 12/12 | AC: 15 T: 11 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +2 W: 0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]
DM Fnord wrote:
Another bandit scowls, "Har, the pup don' know what goods a woman has. Ye be robbing the wrong cradle. Ye maybe cow the yung 'un, but not me. Ye ain' my type!" He up and hocks a luggy, spitting it at Kari's feet and staring defiantly at her.

Is this the bandit that actually managed to hit Rufus? If so, he is the one Rufus was going to interrogate with Lyster's assistance.

With the bandit's attention focused on Kari, Rufus steps softly up behind him, grasping him in a rough embrace from behind. "Is that so? Perhaps you would prefer more soldierly companionship? You might have a care, we soldiers like it rough & I assure you, you won't be taking the man's part."
Untrained Intimidate 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21, to cow the bandit into better behavior.
Forcefully shoving the bandit down into the mud Rufus bellows to the other bandits. "Well, this one had no interest in saving his hide, which one of you sorry lot does?!"

@Gizsmith: Most AP's use the medium xp progression track.


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

Aedon watches the situation unfold, noting idly that Kari was likely far too much woman for poor young Rejin. As the bandits began yelling, Aedon was surprised to see Rufus grab one of their foes, and even moreso to hear his words.

"Right, well, that was an exciting visual... Rejin, come over here, I need some more help."

Aedon leads the young man into the barracks.

Assuming he goes with Aedon...

Aedon speaks to Rejin:
"Listen well, Rejin. I told you I wasn't going to hurt you, and I meant it. I won't let anybody else hurt you either. But those men outside might try to, and I want you to keep you safe. We're going to move them around and get them secure, so stay inside this building until I come and get you, okay? Don't leave, because my friends would have to stop you, and we don't want that, do we? Do you want something to drink or eat? If you do, I'll go get it for you.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Female Human Bard/1 (Init 4; Normal Vision Perc +4, Hp 11/11; AC 17 [t 14, ff 13]; fort 3 ref 5 will 2)

"Your type?" Kari muses, and feels quite put off when Rufus wrestles the idiot down to the floor. Surely he could not have been insinuating that she was anything less than the most beautiful creature he had ever beheld.

Sparing a sly smile for Rufus, Kari crouches in front of the bandit, her legs spread on either side of his face so that if the rain allowed he could smell the scent coming from her as she leaned forward and pressed the point of her sickle to the side of his neck. She delighted in watching his pulse jump against the crude tool, and even licked the rain from her lips.

"Come now, lover, struggle for me," she says, her tone low and seductive. "Show yourself for the coward you are and sing high and clear about your betters in hopes of pleasing me further," she purrs, "and perhaps I will end you quickly. Else you might find yourself at my... tender mercies," she warns with Intimidate 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 OH MY GAWHD THIS DICE ROLLER, please intimidate this cuddly kitten!


progression is medium track, this was bandit #1, the one that hit Rufus

"Big words when yer got the upper 'and. Jus' be done wit' it." Rufus intimidation has him cowed, somewhat, for now.

Aedon successfully conveys to the young bandit Rejin that he would be safer in the barrecks. Fortunately, nothing else is leaking from under his pant leg, though there is a yellowish trailer from where he was sitting half way to the barracks.

Kari realizes that her attempt to intimidate the bandit nearly undid the work Rufus had put into strong arming this bandit. Before he can reply to her veiled threats...

One of the unconscious bandits starts to stir (the one from under the barracks), he attempts to stretch out before he feels the pull of the bindings. He pauses for a moment before suddenly struggling and squirming about on the ground. His entire body starts shaking and jerking about. The crack of a bone breaking reverberates in the crisp air of the outpost. His struggles finally flip him onto his back where his eyes are seen to stare vacantly into the sky before rolling up. pink froth foams from his mouth as his head bounces against the ground repeatedly. His jerking legs continue to pull the bindings wrapped around his wrists and neck tighter.


Male Human (Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 12/12 | AC: 15 T: 11 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +2 W: 0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]
DM Fnord wrote:
One of the unconscious bandits starts to stir (the one from under the barracks), he attempts to stretch out before he feels the pull of the bindings. He pauses for a moment before suddenly struggling and squirming about on the ground. His entire body starts shaking and jerking about. The crack of a bone breaking reverberates in the crisp air of the outpost. His struggles finally flip him onto his back where his eyes are seen to stare vacantly into the sky before rolling up. pink froth foams from his mouth as his head bounces against the ground repeatedly. His jerking legs continue to pull the bindings wrapped around his wrists and neck tighter.

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3, or Reflexes 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 to respond in time.

As the bandit's thrashing begins throttling him, Rufus immediately draws his dagger while rushing to the bandit's side. Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21, to grab & pull taut the rope so he can cut it.


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

The sharp crack of breaking bones pulls Aedon's attention away from the cowering form of Rejin. "Wait here!" he says to the boy before taking a long look at him:

Does he legitimately seem upset and frightened, or is this a ruse?

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Rejin appears quite willing to do as told.

Rufus is able to cut the ropes but that only makes it easier for the bandit's limbs to violently jerk about.

Heal Check DC 11:
The man managed to break a rib, and puncture a lung.

Heal Check DC 16:
This man has a relatively rare condition known as the 'shakes' (epileptic seizure)


Male Human (Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 12/12 | AC: 15 T: 11 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +2 W: 0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]

Heal 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6, Rufus has no idea what is happening.

"Don't you dare die 'til you've been sentenced!"
Whirling about, Rufus glares at the other bandits until his gaze lights on Gizsmith. "G-! You, Gnome! Do what you can for him!" Wheeling back to the bandit currently semi-straddled by Kari, Rufus bodily hauls him back by one boot & yanks him upright by the collar, only just preventing his dagger from exsanguinating the poor sod in the process. "You & I are going to have a talk, NOW!" With that, Rufus pulls him along to the far side of the barracks from the other bandits, pointing his dagger at Lyster & wagging it as if indicating he should follow.


Male Gnome Bard 1, hp 9/9, AC 17, (T13/FF15), Init +2, Perc +4. F+1/R+4/W+2

"Yes, loud human!!"
Gizsmith goes over to check the flopping bandit,
Heal Check:1d20 ⇒ 6
and has no idea what is happening.

"Ahh looks like his glang banger is discombobulated. Not much I can do for a discombobulation, didn't think to pick up a flange spanner before we set out. I think he might be in the hands of the gods now."

Bluff Check:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Female Human Bard/1 (Init 4; Normal Vision Perc +4, Hp 11/11; AC 17 [t 14, ff 13]; fort 3 ref 5 will 2)

Suddenly deprived of her plaything by Rufus, Kari eyes the pathetic creature mewling on the ground. She glances up at Gizsmith's posturing, knowing that no priest alive would spend arcane magics to turn their beard blue or their pony lemon yellow.

Kari untrained Heal 1d20 ⇒ 12

"My friend, while you make a passable magician, you are a piss poor field medic. The man has broken a rib and it has punctured his lung, hence the blood in his foam there," she says and frowns. "I am uncertain what is to be done with him," she whispers and leans down and wipes the blood from his mouth. "We've no healing magics."


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

Aedon exits the barracks to see Rufus dragging the bandit around the side of the building. He then sees Gizsmith and Kari leaning over the bandit thrashing around on the ground. Hurrying over, Aedon hears Kari's diagnosis as he kneels down:

Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

"Kari's right about his lung, but he's also got the shakes. Keep away from his limbs, and let's make sure he doesn't injure his head." Aedon pulls his cloak off and loosely places it under and around the man's head.

"He needs healing magic or he's going to die - can either of you do anything?"

I'm assuming that if Aedon can identify the shakes, he can provide basic care; I'm also assuming he heard Kari's spoken words, but not her whisper.


Male Human Inquisitor 1 -- hp 10/10, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +3, Perception +7, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14

Lyster grimaces at the sight and will also attempt to provide the required care.

Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

"Hang in there cur, your life ain't over by a long shot. I still got lots of things to ask you."

If there is also time, Lyster will use Cure Light Wounds on the brigand.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Gnome Bard 1, hp 9/9, AC 17, (T13/FF15), Init +2, Perc +4. F+1/R+4/W+2

You guys take all the fun out of a good bluff roll :(

Gizsmith looks at Lyster with disproval.

"To heal a man, only to hang him later, is a cruel thing to do.


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

I'm disappointed Aedon wasn't around to hear it!

Aedon looks from Lyster to Gizsmith,"నేను అంగీకరిస్తున్నాను, కానీ ఎంపిక ఇవ్వబడింది, మేము అతను ఉరి అర్హురాలని ఉంటే చూడండి అతన్ని సేవ్ చేయాలి? నేను కాకుండా ఒక అమాయక ఒక మరణిస్తారు వీలు కంటే ఒక నిందితుని మనిషి జీవితంలో సేవ్ ఇష్టం."

Gnome:
"I agree, but given the option, shouldn't we save him to see if he deserves hanging? I'd rather save a condemned man's life than let an innocent one die."


Female Human Bard/1 (Init 4; Normal Vision Perc +4, Hp 11/11; AC 17 [t 14, ff 13]; fort 3 ref 5 will 2)

Kari rises and stands beside Lyster, offering a faint smile. When Aedon begins speaking in another language, her eyes flutter with annoyance, but she discerns that speaking freely among them that the folk in Restov would see dispatched with prejudice is unlikely to gain them any favor.

Giant:

"Our writ explicitly states we are to execute unrepentant banditry. Witness this poor bastard. If friend Aedon is correct, who would employ an uneducated man more like to break his own neck 'fore he could lift any weight?"

"None," Kari says in the trading tongue, and shakes her head.

"Might one of you fine lads attend our Lord Fitzroi?" she inquires, peering after the bright headed youth's exit. "I 'ave the sneakin' suspicion that I an' mah gash ain't welcome near his current partner."


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

Aedon glances up from his position cradling the man's head. "Why? He obviously wants to handle things himself. Let him."

He pauses for a moment, then continues, "Jeg er enig med jeres følelser, Kåre, og det er væsentligt, hvad jeg siger bare. Jeg gætter du ikke forstår mig. Mine undskyldninger, det var ikke min hensigt at tale et sprog, du ikke forstår."

Giant:
"I agree with your sentiment, Kari, and that's essentially what I was just saying. I'm guessing you didn't understand me. My apologies, it was not my intention to speak in a language you didn't understand."


Female Human Bard/1 (Init 4; Normal Vision Perc +4, Hp 11/11; AC 17 [t 14, ff 13]; fort 3 ref 5 will 2)

Kari giggles. "'Tis mah short stature," she explains and taps the side of her nose. "More amusin' ta pretend ta be tall, nae?"

Kari frowns in the direction Rufus exited. "May like we shoul' agree 'pon a tongue ta use when we nae wan' be overheard, and educate us all in it."


Lyster's clw is keeping the brigand alive, barely. He is still unconscious.

Rufus drags the struggling bandit around the corner while the others discuss their next course of action.

The Leveton's are in their residence and out of the picture for the moment. While the rain and hail have stopped, the wind is still quite cold, and the ground is covered in hail over wet mud.


Male Gnome Bard 1, hp 9/9, AC 17, (T13/FF15), Init +2, Perc +4. F+1/R+4/W+2

Giant:
"I have a feeling that all these bandits are going to suddenly be repentant. As I see it, and I will be the first to admit that I might be wrong, either we string them up, or let them go. I guess we could drag them back to the nearest garrison, but that'll just delay their neck popping a few weeks. I know it sounds harsh, but don't doubt for a moment that they would have gutted us, if we had given them the opportunity."

"As for the loudmouth longshanks, I might be inclined to aid him, if he asked, nicely. Very nicely."


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

Is there anything else we can do for the bandit with the punctured lung, does he require constant care, more healing, etc? Not sure what our characters would know about how to give him the best chance to survive.

Giant:
"I'm sure they would have seen us dead given the chance, but I'm not convinced yet that all of this group was willingly serving. I think Kari's right - if these men turned to banditry because they didn't have any other options, wouldn't they just do the same thing if we released them?"

Looking at Lyster, Aedon softly says, "I'll fill you in once we're around friendly ears."

If Lyster agrees, Aedon recommends moving the bandit they're caring for into one of the beds in the barracks. After that, he recommends moving the others into the storage room (if possible, tying them to something - a post, logs in the ceiling - to keep them confined).


Male Human (Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 12/12 | AC: 15 T: 11 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +2 W: 0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]

Having dragged the bandit behind the barracks, Rufus shoves him against the wall, sheathing his dagger as he does so. Since the others voices were not hushed he heard much of what was said, particularly when Kari mentioned his name in the prisoner's hearing.

Have any of them ever interrogated a prisoner before? Apparently not.

"Your name, your companion's names, who lead this little travesty, where your camp is, who is leader there, how many of you there are in total, where is the 'Stag Lord' and finally, what are his plans. Answer my questions truthfully and your odds of surviving 'til nightfall are significantly improved. Play with me and I'll kill you here, go find another and see if he has better sense."

untrained Intimidate 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15, if a new check is needed. Would hope not, as the last was noticeably better than this one.
Sense Motive
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19, to determine if he is lying (assuming he answers at all of course.)


Male Human Inquisitor 1 -- hp 10/10, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +3, Perception +7, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14

Lyster will join Aedon with moving the bandit, being as careful as he can to not harm his future detainee.

In retrospect, Lyster is an Inquisitor and should anyone require the use of my abilities, I come prepared with the Interrogation spell.


Male Human Paladin 1; hp 11/11; AC 16, t12, ff14; Init +2; Perc -1; F+3, R+2, W+1(+2 vs fear)

Salvator more or less twiddled his thumbs, looking confused as he tried to catch the back and forth banter in Giant.


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

Aedon fills Salvator in about all the non-Common speak after the bandits are moved into the barracks or the storage shed.

Aedon also gives Rejin a quick smile and a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

Aedon tells both Lyster and Salvator everything that was said, so both of you know what was talked about in the language spoilers.


Female Human Bard/1 (Init 4; Normal Vision Perc +4, Hp 11/11; AC 17 [t 14, ff 13]; fort 3 ref 5 will 2)

Kari, having watched Salvator climb out from beneath the barracks shrugs at the exchange between Gizsmith and Aedon, then smirks and moves toward the barracks. She climbs onto her belly in the mud and the muck and pulls herself under it carefully, and she hopes, quietly.

Kari Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

She casts Message and points at the bandit's legs, musing that if Rufus cannot make the man cooperate, she might lend her special brand of enthusiasm to the interrogation. Of the languages she might employ, Sylvan would likely be the most menacing. Diverting as it is to pretend that she is tall she has not the lung capacity to emulate a giant or the lack of brains to impersonate a troll.


Not entirely sure what Kari is attempting by sending a message to the bandit...

As Rufus hauls the man up and shoves him into the outer wall, the rope that binds his hands to his legs pulls across his neck. The bandit manages to pull his feet up high enough to spit in Rufus face, before the mans legs sag and he gasps from the weight of his legs pulling against his neck as the spittle runs down Rufus cheek.

It's at this point that Kari sends mental whisperings to the bandit that is gagging in Rufus hands, who can't understand the noises he is hearing as he sees his pathetic life flashing before his eyes.


The shakes is a disease and this man has never been close enough or had the donations necessary for a healing to care for it. The lung puncture falls under general lethal damage.


Female Human Bard/1 (Init 4; Normal Vision Perc +4, Hp 11/11; AC 17 [t 14, ff 13]; fort 3 ref 5 will 2)

A little of that good old fashioned Bad cop, Badder cop. Apparently Rufus is the T-1000 though so I figure he has this murdering bandits thing down. :P


Male Human (Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 12/12 | AC: 15 T: 11 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +2 W: 0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]

Sighing as much in self-recrimination as in aggravation, Rufus drops the prisoner to the ground, Then tips him on his side.
Drawing his dagger as he squats down beside the prisoner, "We seem to have something of a misunderstanding. That will be considered 'playing with' if you try it again. To give you another opportunity to better you chances I'll give you another question you can answer. Where is Celeste, the girl you lot took from here before?"

I picture Rufus more as a younger Sam Vimes personally, not nearly as much machine-like implacability, more actual heart & will.


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

Aedon watches in confusion as Kari climbs under the barracks. He turns to Salvator, then looks back toward the barracks. Throwing his hands up, he begins muttering under his breath.

He looks at the others (which should include Gizsmith, Lyster, and Salvator) and says, "I'm going to talk to Rejin, hopefully he can provide some details we can use when we question the rest of them. I'll also watch the man we brought in to make sure he doesn't have another bought of the shakes. Any who wants to can join us."

Aedon enters the barracks and closes the door. Sitting across from Rejin, Aedon pulls out his waterskin and offers it to the bandit.

Rejin:
I'm listing some questions instead of just posting one, waiting for the answer, posting another one, etc. Hope that's okay.

  • How old are you?

  • How did you end up joining these bandits?

  • What are the other bandit's names that were with your group?

  • What other locations were you visiting with this group?

  • What is the name of the female bandit?

  • What happened to the girl, Celeste, that was taken from this post?

  • Where is your camp located?

  • How many bandits are there?

  • Describe the camp.

  • What do you know about the bandit called the Stag Lord?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Rufus finds that his prisoner is tight-lipped and continues to glare at him in defiance. At the mention of Celeste, you do see that sweat starts beading up on his forehead, though he remains silent.

Aedon and Rejin have a lengthy conversation, Rejin is at first reticent to talk about the subject of banditry. You get the impression he is a little slow.

Rejin isn't sure how old he is, but he knows that it has been about 8 winters since his parents were killed in a raid. He looks to be in his mid-teens. The bandits raided a caravan his family was in and killed his parents, he happened to be away from camp at the time, and followed the tracks, not understanding what had happened. When he got to the camp of the bandits, one of the older ones took him in. He started out as a runner, fetching ale, food, carrying stuff around for the bandits, effectively slaved labor.

He only knew a few names as the bandits had a tendency to come and go. Happs was the second boss of the camp. He's the one that had the silver amulet. He is crude, seems to enjoy the carefree life of banditry, and he sleeps with the boss-lady. He calls her axe-lady, and can only remember the others calling her "yes boss". So that must be her name, yes-boss.

He isn't sure what happened to the girl, she cried a lot the first night, but then he didn't see her after that. some of the other men made lots of jokes that Rejin didn't understand, but everyone laughed at the jokes, so he did too.

He isn't sure where the camp is, this was his first time leaving the camp since he got there. They were going to let him be a real bandit too, but he wasn't sure if he could do it.

When asked how many bandits are in camp Rejin holds up both hands, fingers spread, and said more than two hands, most times. yesterday only one hand when they left.

the camp is lots of fun, tree forts to climb up in, and he can see a long ways from them, a small stream runs along one side so he doesn't have to go far for water, but they yell at him any time he gets water from below where the wagon crosses the stream (below the jakes).

Rejin just returns a blank stare at the mention of the stag lord. He hasn't heard of anyone like that.


Male Human (Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 12/12 | AC: 15 T: 11 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +2 W: 0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]

At the prisoner's reticence Rufus sighs once again, sheaths his dagger, picks the prisoner up and leans him against the wall.
Then Rufus proceeds to slam his fist into the bandits face repeatedly until he is unconscious, sling him up over his shoulder in such a way as to not choke him in his bindings, carry him into the stables & hang him upside down from the rafters, checking to make certain he can still breathe before he walks back outside.
Looking at the other prisoners "He decided not to be reasonable. Which one of you lot wants to be reasonable?"


Of the five bandits:
#1 was just hung from the rafter's in the stables and is unconscious.
#2 has been identified as Rejin and is in the barracks talking with Aedon.
#3 is barely conscious, laying on the cold ground, at 1 hp, in the barracks (I'm giving this to you since he was wounded, no one said which bandits were being moved where with the exception of #5).
#4 has been identified as Happs, the leader, and is unconscious, in the store room.
#5 is in critical condition and is also unconscious, in the barracks.

#3 turns his head and stares up at Rufus, he's been kneeling in the hail on the cold muddy ground for several minutes, teetering back and forth trying to keep himself from strangulating himself, his gaze moves slowly between Rufus and the entry to the storeroom. "jus' get it over w...", he falls flat on his face, collapsing from exhaustion. He is mumbling something, but hasn't the strength, or flexibility, to straighten up.


Male Human (Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 12/12 | AC: 15 T: 11 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +2 W: 0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]

Well, that answers that question.

Rufus maneuvers the collapsed bandit onto his side, listening to hear if the mumblings might hold the answers to any of his questions.


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

DM, is #3 laying on the ground or in the barracks? I'm guessing on the ground outside the shed, but could you please confirm? Thanks!


the post i saw indicated that wounded went to the barracks, others to the store room, so #3 is in the storeroom.


Female Human Bard/1 (Init 4; Normal Vision Perc +4, Hp 11/11; AC 17 [t 14, ff 13]; fort 3 ref 5 will 2)

Kari witnesses Rufus's savage beating of a helpless man with no small amount of trepidation.

Observe and report.

'Well sir, it seems as though the golden youth is completely off his nut. If'n a whore don't sort that situation out...' Kari shakes her head and as Rufus leaves with the bandit draped over his shoulder, turns her body so she is lying underneath the barracks on her back.

Bandit 1, Perception DC 25:

Assuming he can hear me from his vantage via the spell, it has not yet been 10 minutes, I think?

"Jus' as well ya dinnae tell tha lad whatcha knew, eh?" Kari drawls. "Cruel bastard such as ye, I dinnae havta think twice 'fore I open yer throat with mah blade. 'Less I ain't yer type fer that, neither."

Kari pauses and sighs almost passionately, knowing that the bandit can hear her tone. She spends the remainder of the time left on her spell singing to the man, a lewd row she learned at the campfire which is a less than cleverly veiled metaphor for having ones way with women for an untrained sing 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

Aedon tells Rejin to continue waiting in the barracks, and to open the door and call for him if the injured bandit wakes up. He then exits the barracks to see Rufus leaning over the collapsed bandit.

To possibly hear Kari's message:
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Standing beside Rufus, Aedon looks down at the man lying on the ground,"He's not looking so good, are you getting anywhere with him?"

Aedon nudges the bandit, "Come on friend, just tell him what he wants to know. Help us out, and you might live through this."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Looking around, Aedon asks, "Where is the one you took behind the barracks?"


Male Human (Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 12/12 | AC: 15 T: 11 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +2 W: 0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]

"He decided playing the rough was more to his liking than answering my questions. It would seem my talents lie more in the infliction of suffering than encouraging peace. He's unconscious in the stables. Ask the others if one of them wants to try, otherwise just tell me when to execute them."
With that, Rufus stomps off to collect Boon & Twinkle, lead the two of them out to the outer gates and slips open the gates just enough to allow the three to go outside.
Assuming no one stops him he leads Twinkle out to the farthest grazing area & lets the horse graze while he sulks & dry-heaves in private.


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

Aedon watches Rufus walk toward the stables, then looks back down at the bandit lying on the ground. He kneels down, "Well, it's just us now. I'll make this easy for you, only a couple of questions. Where is the kidnapped girl Celeste, and where is your camp? The sooner you answer, the sooner I get my friend to take care of you."

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


cough, heave "the girl? only one in camp, never call her a girl, demon maybe, boss, she is. the bandit's shoulders slump in resignation, "just be quick about it. camp is south, couple days ride, follow the stream." laugh, cough "she'll fix you..."


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

"That wasn't so hard, was it? We'll do you quick, even though it's better than you deserve."

Aedon moves away from the bandit and gathers the rest of the party, even heading to the walls and signalling Rufus to return. He then leans down by the barracks, "Kari, whenever you're finished under there, could you join us?"

He also knocks on Oleg and Svetlana's door and asks them to be present since many of the bandits' crimes were against them and their property.

After everyone has gathered together around the tables outside the barracks, Aedon relates everything he knows (as posted by the DM), as well as the information that he just learned about the bandit camp. "So as far as what we're going to do with them, this is just my opinion, but we need to make some decisions... I think Rejin is too stupid to understand what's been happening - he's been a slave in their camp for eight years, so I'm not in favor of his death. And I'm not sure about the injured one we saved. But the other three? They made their decision long ago, and it's time for them to pay for their crimes."

"Oleg, if we spare Rejin, do you have any idea what could be done with him?"

So, bandit 1-execute; Rejin-spare; bandit 3-execute; Happs-execute; bandit 5-undecided


Svetlana slides her arm through Oleg's, and gives him a slight tug so she can whisper into his ear.

Perception DC 15:
We could use someone around here. He can help with caring for the animals and hauling wood, and, well anything else we need, you know we need someone here.


Oleg leans down to listen to his wife before straightening up. He runs his other hand through the bristle on his cheek before shrugging and nodding to Svetlana. "Oi, we kin take 'im in."

Turning to Aedon, "leave 'im 'ere. We have work to keep him outta trouble. The other's they no use, looks to me."

Oleg looks over to Rejin, "you willing to stay here? You work hard, and we'll feed you well. You can sleep in the barracks."


Rejin nods enthusiastically, "Inside? I can sleep inside a building? In a bed?" Rejin runs to Oleg and drops to his knees hugging the perplexed older man around one leg, crying, "I ain' never slept in no bed before."


Female Human Bard/1 (Init 4; Normal Vision Perc +4, Hp 11/11; AC 17 [t 14, ff 13]; fort 3 ref 5 will 2)

Kari giggles when Aedon calls down to her.

Giant:

"There once were a girl named Kari. Here in the dank and mud, she has become something different - A MOUSE!" she jests.

Kari Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Silent as a barn mouse, Kari crawls out from under the barracks head first, grinning happily at Aedon as she pulls herself out from under the building with her arms. She is covered in mud, and no small amount of spiderwebs, and likely spiders, but she does not appear to mind. She looks at the assembly and sees that there is one of their number missing.

"And where is our golden idol?" she inquires. "Has his savagery barred him from the discussion?" Kari's expression is momentarily pained. "Some band we are to exclude one," she growls and moves toward the open gate.


Male Human Paladin 1; hp 11/11; AC 16, t12, ff14; Init +2; Perc -1; F+3, R+2, W+1(+2 vs fear)

"Er? What? Who?" Salvator looks around confused, trying to count everyone to see who is missing.

Yay for Wis 8 paladins! :D

301 to 350 of 665 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Oathday, Calistril 30th, 4710 AR All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.