Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Brevoy Southern Reclamation Project - BS RP (Kingmaker) (Inactive)

Game Master fnord72

High fantasy kingmaker campaign. Expect modified kingdom building and an emphasis on the social and political aspects of creating and running a kingdom.


251 to 300 of 665 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human Paladin 1; hp 11/11; AC 16, t12, ff14; Init +2; Perc -1; F+3, R+2, W+1(+2 vs fear)

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 Thar be my initiative.

I'll wait for the answer as well. And, let me get this straight, I'm under the barracks, with another man and Boon beside me, and another one in front of me?


intentions are always welcome.

Salvator is under the barracks with Boon beside him, nose to nose with one other man that just dived under.


Male Gnome Bard 1, hp 9/9, AC 17, (T13/FF15), Init +2, Perc +4. F+1/R+4/W+2

Gizsmith tenses at the sight of the strangers and prepares for his next move.

Initiative:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male Human Paladin 1; hp 11/11; AC 16, t12, ff14; Init +2; Perc -1; F+3, R+2, W+1(+2 vs fear)

In traditional Paladin fashion, Salvator will detect evil with his move action, and punch the other guy in the face if he detects evil, with his furious focus power attack for 1d3+5 nonlethal at +4 (I imagine the penalties for being prone are cancelled out by the target's penalties for being prone). General routine is "detect evil, if evil, knock unconscious".


Male Human (Kellid/Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 11/11 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +1 W: +0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]

You're being paranoid Rufus. Nothing would happen in this weather, Rufus! Who's paranoid now?

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19, to have a hunch which is the leader. Am I correct in concluding that Rufus is not aware of the 'bandits' that went back outside the palisade?

"Hey! Get your asses off your asses & help me here! Oleg was struck by a chunk of hail, make something useful of yourselves & help me get him inside!"


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

I didn't see any bandits go back outside the wall: 1 with Aedon, 1 with Salvator, and 3 at the stables, right?

Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

I assume Aedon heard the shouting from the stables and/or Rufus, but not from under the barracks.

Aedon either draws his swords and threatens the man to keep silent and disarm (ready to attack him if he resists), or he tumbles out from under the wagon drawing both swords and moves up behind the men at the stable.


Grabbing Lyster's arm, Svetlana exclaims "No, oh no, not now. It's them, do something!"

She tries to look past the three men on horses to see if Oleg is okay.


Please help me out with an OOC at the top of your posting of your turn, current initiative, and current/max hp. Salvator and Kari, can you add the basic information to your profile as the others have done? it provides easy quick reference for me.

Two of the three are giving Kari an eye of appreciation. Turning at the exclamations behind him, Rufus is unable to tell from the backs of the three people on horseback, which, if any, is leading.

Rufus appears to have shouted loud enough for you to hear, as well as hearing something from the direction of the barracks. Which action is it Aedon?

the other guys initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Initiative order is:

guy #1 on horseback 23
Gizsmith 20
Lyster 20
Guy #2 under wagon 18
Kari 17
Salvator 16
Guy #3 on horseback 11
Rufus 9
Guy #4 on horseback 9
Guy #5 under barracks 7

Gizsmith, Aedon, and Salvator have surprise and may act in the surprise round.


DM Fnord wrote:
Rufus appears to have shouted loud enough for you to hear, as well as hearing something from the direction of the barracks. Which action is it Aedon?

Sorry, meant to include more if/then details - tell him to be silent and disarm. If not, skewer him.


Male Human Paladin 1; hp 11/11; AC 16, t12, ff14; Init +2; Perc -1; F+3, R+2, W+1(+2 vs fear)

Surprise round, grapple. Normal round, detect evil, then, punch in face if evil. If the guy is not evil, then, he'll attempt to use grapple to move the guy under cover under the barracks and attempt a diplomacy check.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17 Perception check to notice what else is going on.

And what the hey, I'll do my other ones too. If I'm allowed

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 grapple

1d20 ⇒ 16 +4 if punch, +8 if diplomacy.


Male Human Inquisitor 1 -- hp 10/10, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +3, Perception +7, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14

Round 1: Ini: 20, Max HP

"Fear not madam, I will deal with these villains."

Lyster will attempt to shoot down one of the bandits on horseback (#1)

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 5

"Tough times indeed in these lands..."

Reminder to everyone else, Lyster has the following ability: Judicious Force (Su): If you or an ally within 10 feet makes a critical threat with a melee or ranged attack, as an immediate action you may add +4 to the confirmation roll. This does not stack with the Critical Focus feat. 3/day


Male Gnome Bard 1, hp 9/9, AC 17, (T13/FF15), Init +2, Perc +4. F+1/R+4/W+2

Surprise Round :Init 20 HP 12/12

Where is Gizsmith in relation to the baddies? Does he have line of sight on the guys on horseback?


Male Human (Kellid/Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 11/11 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +1 W: +0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]

Initiative: 9, HP 13/13; I hate admitting to this, but Rufus' AC is probably at least one less since he loosened it to pull it up around his head to keep the hail from knocking him unconscious like it did Oleg.

Rufus angles Oleg's body so it is between him & the bandits. As he brings Oleg into the Stables behind the bandits on their horses, he draws his dagger so that it is concealed where they can't see it.


Male Gnome Bard 1, hp 9/9, AC 17, (T13/FF15), Init +2, Perc +4. F+1/R+4/W+2

WIth the poor visibility, and uncertain as to who the new arrivals are, Gizsmith closes and bars the gates, preventing any easy escape if they are the bandits.


Salvator, surprised to have someone nose to nose, doesn't think twice and immediately attempts to immobilize the unexpected visitor. As Salvator lunges in, Boon jumps in and bites the pant leg of the visitor, giving Salvator the edge he needed to gain the upper hand, under the barracks.

Aedon's quick thinking is effective as his bared weapon is enough to keep the mud-faced visitor under the wagon prone. used one of your rolls for intimidate = 22

With the gates barred behind them, Gizsmith has ensured that any confrontation will be handled within the fort.

Looking at the map I posted earlier, Salvator, Boon, and one of the visitors is under the west end of the barracks.

Gizsmith is standing before the gates.

Aedon and another visitor are under the wagon.

About where the A3 is on the map, Svetlana, Kari and Lyster stand inside the stable.

The open area marked A1 is rather full with five horses, three of which have men mounted. Rufus and Oleg are on the north side of this area, in the two squares in front of the storage building (A4). I hope that helps everyone get an idea of where they are? Making a run for the stable would take you through/along the bandits.

For round 1, I have Lyster and Salvator's actions. Once I have everyone else, I will advance the round.

Initiative 23: One of the men on horseback draws his shortsword while dismounting. "Where's Oleg? There you are!" seeing two figures to one side, he advances carefully to maintain his footing on the hail covered ground.


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

Initiative 5; Current hp 10/10 real; 7/10 nonlethal

Aedon says, "Stay here and live, come out and you die." to the prone man before:

1. If the mounted men move out of their current position (either toward the stable or the storage shed), then Aedon moves out from under the wagon toward the closest bandit, attacking if possible.

2. If the mounted men stay in their position, Aedon moves out from under the wagon toward the man nearest the stables, attacking if possible.

If needed:
Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 damage + sneak attack 1d6 ⇒ 3 damage (if applicable)


Male Gnome Bard 1, hp 9/9, AC 17, (T13/FF15), Init +2, Perc +4. F+1/R+4/W+2

Round 1: Init: 20, HP 12/12

Gizsmith advances slowly along the wall of building A2 once he can get a bead on one of the bandits on horseback (within 30') and fires his shortbow at the closest one to him.

Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage:1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Female Human Bard/1 (Init 4; Normal Vision Perc +4, Hp 11/11; AC 17 [t 14, ff 13]; fort 3 ref 5 will 2)

Initiative 17; Current HP 11/11 lethal, 11/11 non-lethal

Seeing Lyster let loose an arrow at a bandit, Kari draws her bow as a move action, nocks a blunted arrow and looses it at the mount of another, hoping to frighten the animals and throw the bandits.

Kari Shortbow vs. Horse 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 if it hits, she will deal 1d6 ⇒ 4 non-lethal damage.

Well, that's an amazing first round...


Male Human (Kellid/Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 11/11 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +1 W: +0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]

Initiative 9, HP 13/13
Am I correct in guessing the bandit who called out regarding Oleg is heading toward me (well, me & Oleg) with a shortsword drawn?

"Stand down & you may receive mercy. Fail to & receive only death!"

Untrained Intimidate 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4, to Demoralize that individual; or not.


Gizsmith assumes hostility from the visitors and fires an arrow into the back of one of the mounted horsemen. His arrow flies true and strikes a grievous wound. The man winces in pain but remains mounted. 1d20 ⇒ 17

Lyster, standing within the shadows of the building, draws a bead on one of the bandits and as the bandit dismounts and advances on Rufus and Oleg, Lyster's arrow flies free to strike the bandit in the leg. Shrieking, the man drops his sword to clutch at the arrow sticking from his flesh.

Cowed, the man under the wagon wealky nods, while slowly and carefully wiping mud from his eyes and face. He looks between one of the mounted men and Aedon, and decides to stay where he is. Aedon moves out from under the wagon and approaches the horses. under wagon was move action by itself, ground is difficult terrain. 1d20 ⇒ 8

Kari quickly lets loose a blunt arrow, unfortunately, a large hailstone intervenes and is shattered by the arrow before it could reach it's target.

Salvator attempts to maintain his hold on his opponent and is successful, he is able to determine that the visitor is inclined to evil. Salvator's rabbit punch does 1d3 ⇒ 3 damage. Boon continues to pull and tear on the pant leg while growling.

One of the other guys on horseback slides off his horse and moves towards the barracks while drawing his sword. 1d20 ⇒ 20

Rufus he was headed towards you, now he's clutching his leg. shouting fails to demoralize the bandit in front of him. Oleg seems to be coming out of his fugue and is looking around, he mumbles "Svetlana?!" 1d20 ⇒ 17 1d20 ⇒ 20.

The last mounted bandit smiles wickedly, "After I finish with you, your wife will know what a true man feels like between her legs!" The bandit slides from his mount, giving it a slap on the flank while drawing the bow from a holster on the side of his saddle. He then tosses a vial through the open doors of the stable.
Alchemist Fire 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 the vial splashes at the feet of Lyster. Lyster is splashed with 1d6 ⇒ 2 fire damage and his leggings are on fire. Svetlana and Kari each also take a point of damage, and a fire is now burning in the only entrance to the stable. 1d20 ⇒ 4

The visitor under the barracks with Salvator isn't happy about his present circumstances. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Unfortunately, his attempt to reverse the grapple was unsuccessful, "bloody 'ell!"

On to round 2!


Male Human Paladin 1; hp 11/11; AC 16, t12, ff14; Init +2; Perc -1; F+3, R+2, W+1(+2 vs fear)

I'm pretty sure unarmed attacks add your strength bonus, and seeing it's his only attack, it wouldn't count as off hand. I do see that it always counts as light, so no power attack for me. :( But I should deal 6 damage, not 3, I think.

Initiative 16, HP 11/11

"You can talk of your eternal destination later." Salvator said, a slight hint of a smirk on his face as he continued the grapple and attempted to punch the man again.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

Initiative 5; Current hp 10/10 real; 7/10 nonlethal

"Big talk for a craven bootlicking cur!"

If he can get there in a single move, Aedon advances toward the man with the bow and attacks.

If he cannot get there in one move, he draws a dagger and throws it at the man with the bow.

Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 damage

or

Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 for 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 damage


Female Human Bard/1 (Init 4; Normal Vision Perc +4, Hp 11/11; AC 17 [t 14, ff 13]; fort 3 ref 5 will 2)

Initiative 17, Hp 10/11 Lethal

Kari snarls as her one set of clothes is burnt by the chemical compound. Son of a b*tch, she seethes, and spares a glance for Svetlana. Blind or stupid? I am far more attractive than this receptacle.

"Do NOT fan the flames," she says to Svetlana, and nocks another blunted arrow, in her bow. It was not enough to kill the pig, she wanted to see him embarrassed by a fall. She narrows her eyes and breathes a prayer before loosing the arrow.

Perception DC 25:

"Calistria guide my sight. Let this pig be made small."

Kari Shortbow vs. Mounted Mouth's Horse 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 if it hits she will deal 1d6 ⇒ 5 non-lethal damage.

oh tremulous woe. this campaign is starting out well...


Male Gnome Bard 1, hp 9/9, AC 17, (T13/FF15), Init +2, Perc +4. F+1/R+4/W+2

Round 2: Init: 20, HP 12/12

Gizsmith grins savagely as his first arrow strikes the mark and looses another to join its twin.

Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Attack:1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

He yells out:
"Repent your banditry or suffer the righteous anger of......of our not as of yet named loose affiliation of cooperating individuals."


Male Human (Kellid/Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 11/11 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +1 W: +0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]

Round 2) Initiative 9, HP13/13
May Rufus consider 'loudmouth's' tossing the alchemist's fire into the stables an attack? I ask because it affects the effect of my Challenge. If it is an attack, then he is attacking someone other than Rufus & he gets a +1 to attacks for one minute if he is Rufus' Challenge target.

Dropping his dagger, Rufus draws his Bastardsword as he strides toward the pyromaniacal bandit, bellowing. "Dismount & surrender or face the Throne's Justice!" Designating Rufus' Challenge target, Rufus' AC is now 2 less for everyone other than Pyro-boy.
Turning his sword-draw into an arcing cut, Rufus' strikes (Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22, + 1 {I realize that is overkill} if circumstances apply. Damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 slashing) powerfully, his blade biting deep in the bandit's side.
As a tangentially pertinent aside, Detect Evil is almost toothless at low levels any more. Unless the detectee is an evil cleric, anti-paladin, undead, or evil outsider; they won't detect as evil at all until they are at least fifth level. Even then they only detect as 'faint evil'.


Male Human Paladin 1; hp 11/11; AC 16, t12, ff14; Init +2; Perc -1; F+3, R+2, W+1(+2 vs fear)

Huh, I always figured that the "none" level would mean that they still detected as evil, but didn't leave a trail behind that I could track like the other aura levels. That kinda sucks..


Male Human Inquisitor 1 -- hp 10/10, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +3, Perception +7, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14

Round 2: Ini: 20, HP 8

Lyster, upon catching fire, rolls himself along the ground, attempting to not provoke any attacks. If able he also begins to put out the fire in front of the entrance.


[ooc]@Salvator please include a damage roll with your attack rolls as I won't remember or check for all the minutiae of your character. I have added the str dam for your first hit. I forgot to include the Leveton's...

Svetlana runs to a wall in the barracks and grabs a pail hanging from a sturdy iron hook. It is obvious that she is struggling with the pail as she waddles back to Lyster, where she tilts the pail and dumps sand out on to part of the fire, and Kari's right shoe.

23: The bandit growls and takes a step forward, bringing him to Rufus. He swings 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13, and Rufus tilts one shoulder to the side allowing the swing to miss. 1d20 ⇒ 9

20+: Gizsmith grins savagely as his first arrow strikes the mark and looses another to join its twin. He yells out: "Repent your banditry or suffer the righteous anger of......of our not as of yet named loose affiliation of cooperating individuals."

20:Lyster stops, drops, and rolls, only to realize that he was only singed before quickly working to pat out the flames, using the sand that Svetlana brought over.

18:the bandit is looking frantically between the bandit with a drawn bow, Aedon, and the closed gate. He decides that he should make a break for it but a large hail stone crashes into the ground in front of him and he freezes for a moment.

17:Kari snarls as her one set of clothes is burnt by the chemical compound. Son of a b*tch, she seethes, and spares a glance for Svetlana. Blind or stupid? I am far more attractive than this receptacle. "Do NOT fan the flames," she says to Svetlana, and nocks another blunted arrow, in her bow. It was not enough to kill the pig, she wanted to see him embarrassed by a fall. She narrows her eyes and breathes a prayer before loosing the arrow, which flys off into the distance over the far wall of the outpost.

16: "You can talk of your eternal destination later." Salvator said, a slight hint of a smirk on his face as he continued the grapple and attempted to punch the man again. 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Knocking him unconscious.

11: With two arrows sticking from his back, he wheels his horse around and tries to run Aedon down while heading for the gate. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Too bad he doesn't know how to ride. He falls from the saddle as the horse rears. He is not moving. 1d20 ⇒ 10

9+: Dropping his dagger, Rufus draws his Bastardsword as he strides toward the pyromaniacal bandit, bellowing. "Dismount & surrender or face the Throne's Justice!" This does of course initiate an attack of opportunity from bandit #5 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7, which swings wide.
Turning his sword-draw into an arcing cut, Rufus' strikes powerfully, his blade biting deep in the bandit's side. 1d20 ⇒ 16

9: Grunting from the pain of Rufus attack, the bandit takes a step back and let's loose with his bow. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 At this range missing is... silly. Rufus now finds an arrow sticking from his shoulder, inflicting 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 damage. 1d20 ⇒ 12

7: The bandit slumps into unconsciousness from Salvator's rabbit punches.

Round 3!

23: Surprised that Rufus was able to ward off two of his blows, he turns around and steps up to swing at Rufus back. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Striking a solid blow for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 damage!

Current status:

bandit #1 on foot near Oleg/Rufus 23 | 5 dam
Gizsmith 20 near gate |
Lyster 20 in stable, prone| 2 dam
bandit #2 under wagon 18 |
Kari 17 in stable | 1 dam
Salvator 16 under barracks, prone |
Bandit #3 11 on ground near Aedon | dam more than 6
Rufus 9 between bandits #1 and #4 | damage 9, risk of being flanked
Guy #4 9 on foot, near Oleg/Rufus | challenged 11 dam
Guy #5 7 under barracks | unconscious


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

I think you're missing Aedon's action in round 2.


Male Human (Kellid/Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 11/11 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +1 W: +0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]

Round 2) Initiative 9, HP I think Rufus' is currently at 10 hp, not 9; I only see him taking 3 points from one attack, was there another attack I missed?

Snarling in anger from the arrow in his shoulder, Rufus steps forward & to his right, (5 ft step, diagonal) thrusting his Bastardsword at the archer cautiously (Fighting Defensively, AC +2, Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18, Damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 slashing) but decisively, the blade once more bathing in the bandit's blood. "An honest offer denied is an offer revoked. This is your last chance. Surrender!"


Male Human Paladin 1; hp 11/11; AC 16, t12, ff14; Init +2; Perc -1; F+3, R+2, W+1(+2 vs fear)

Initiative 16, HP 11/11

Salvator will attempt to search the unconscious man's body for weapons, taking the most martial weapon he knows how to use that he can find. He'd tell the hound as he searched, "Go help Rufus, Boon. Go help your master!"1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 Handle Animal

With a preference for melee one handed weapons, then melee two handed, melee light, ranged any, being the order of preference. If he has multiple choices at the uppermost level available, he will chose based on: Sword is greater than Axe is greater than Mace/Hammer is greater than Spear, or throwing weapon is greater than bow is greater than crossbow.

If he found no suitable weapons, he shall fetch his fallen axe or his sword from his pack, whichever is closer unless one is blocked by enemies.

If, by some chance, he was finished with all this with enough time to spare to attack, he would.

Unlikely attack roll... 1d20 ⇒ 18 +3 for ranged, +4 for melee, with an additional +1 if it's his aldori dueling sword. Damage would be whatever weapon he found, +3 if adds strength bonus, if possible he two hand power attack furious focuses for an additional +4, all things considered.


Sorry Aedon, I apparently missed typing it in, though the action was there, you shot the same bandit as previously, he tried to run you down is laying at your feet.


Male Gnome Bard 1, hp 9/9, AC 17, (T13/FF15), Init +2, Perc +4. F+1/R+4/W+2

Round 3: Init: 20, HP 12/12

Gizsmith seeing his foe fall from his horse turns his attention to the remaining villains.

Seeing that Rufus is being ganged up on. He casts Grease (DC16) on Bandit #1's sword.

Grease:

School conjuration (creation); Level bard 1, sorcerer/wizard 1
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, M (butter)
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target one object or 10-ft. square
Duration 1 min./level (D)
Save see text; SR no

The spell can also be used to create a greasy coating on an item. Material objects not in use are always affected by this spell, while an object wielded or employed by a creature requires its bearer to make a Reflex saving throw to avoid the effect. If the initial saving throw fails, the creature immediately drops the item. A saving throw must be made in each round that the creature attempts to pick up or use the greased item.

TLDR version: Ref save or drop weapon. Ref save every time weapon is used or tries to pick weapon up.


Rewind: Adding Aedon's action at Initiative 5, and fixing Initiative 11.

11: Gizsmith has a bandit attempt to run him down on horseback, but fails and falls at Gizsmith's feet. The bandit is not moving.

5: "Big talk for a craven bootlicking cur!" Aedon moves out from under the wagon and finds himself right behind bandit #4 and attacks. Unable to defend effectively against Aedon and Rufus, the attack is effective with a large open wound running down one leg. The bandit turns and looks at Aedon in surprise as consciousness fades from his eyes and he falls to the ground. 1d20 ⇒ 19

Round 3:

23: Surprised that Rufus was able to ward off two of his blows, he turns around and steps up to swing at Rufus back. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Striking a solid blow for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 damage!

20+: Gizsmith seeing his foe fall from his horse turns his attention to the remaining villains. Seeing that Rufus is being ganged up on. He casts Grease (DC16) on Bandit #1's sword. Reflex: DC 16? 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14The bandit stares down as his sword slips from his hand and falls to the ground splashing hailstones in all directions as it thumps into the mud.

Rufus took another 6 from round 3, initiative 23, for a total of 9 dam.

Current status:

23: bandit #1; on foot near Oleg/Rufus | 5 dam
20+: Gizsmith; near gate |
20: Lyster; in stable, prone| 2 dam
18: bandit #2; under wagon |
17: Kari; in stable | 1 dam
16: Salvator; under barracks, prone |
11: Bandit #3; on ground near Aedon | dam more than 6
9+: Rufus; between bandits #1 and #4 | damage 9, risk of being flanked
9: Guy #4; unconscious between Aedon/Rufus | challenged; he's bleeding out, flanked by Aedon & Rufus
7: Guy #5; under barracks | unconscious
5: Aedon; behind Guy #4, prone (was under wagon) | flanking #4 w/Rufus

The ground is now covered with about an inch of hailstones.

And I believe that catches us up. Once I have more actions posted, I will complete turn 3. Thank you for your patience!


Female Human Bard/1 (Init 4; Normal Vision Perc +4, Hp 11/11; AC 17 [t 14, ff 13]; fort 3 ref 5 will 2)

Kari, seeing the remaining bandit standing has lost his sword, pulls another blunted arrow, nocks it and lets loose in hopes of dropping the creature before he has the chance to harm Rufus further.

Kari Shortbow attack w/negative for firing into melee 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 4 = 10 if she hits, she will deal 1d6 ⇒ 4 non-lethal damage

"Be not overzealous, lads, we need one alive to lead us to their camp!" she calls out to the others.


Male Human (Kellid/Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 11/11 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +1 W: +0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]

9 damage taken, That makes more sense.
Round 3) Initiative 9, HP: 4/13. Note: When my Challenge target fell, the Challenge ended, my AC is now back to 15, less negative modifier for loosened armor, plus Fighting defensive modifier until the beginning of my initiative this round; so my AC is likely around 16.

Bellowing stentoriously at the braggart's fall "Half of yours have already fallen while all of us still stand. This is your last mercy. YIELD NOW!! The last to do so feels the caress of my blade!"

Intimidate 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 plus any circumstance modifiers applicable, to convince the bandits to surrender & lay down arms.


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

Seeing the loudmouth bandit hit the ground, Aedon immediately leans over and attempts to stop the bleeding.

Heal check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Male Human Inquisitor 1 -- hp 10/10, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +3, Perception +7, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14

Lyster will stand up from his prone position and resume putting out fires, the better to remove the most immediate danger near him.


The storm passes as abruptly as it started with the hail moving east past the trading post.

Seeing their leader has fallen, the others quickly drop their weapons and stand with their hands raised. "Oh god, don't kill me!"

Lyster manages to put the fire out.

Combat is over. There are several bandits laying about, and 4 of them are injured or unconscious.

Aedon is successful in stopping the bleeding on the one bandit.


Ever pragmatic, Svetlana leaves the fighting to those more capable and helps Lyster finish putting out the fire before she checks the horses and calms them down.

"shh, you fine horses can stand easy now, these hero's have saved us, it's okay. How about some oats?"


Finding himself leaning against a support post, Oleg gingerly rubs his shoulder. "Oiy, that smarts!" A slow glance about the trading post and he shakes his head before suddenly stopping and groaning. "Who hit me?"


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

Aedon stands up and looks around. Noticing everyone still upright and moving, he looks at the bandit who was under the wagon, "You! Get over here!"

Assuming the bandit complies...

"So I told you I wouldn't kill you, and I didn't, but I can't speak for the rest of my crew!" Aedon points toward Rufus, "He may lop your head off for looking at him sideways," Aedon shifts and points toward Kari, "she was raised by ogres... still likes her meat raw" then he nods towards Gizsmith, "and the short one? Well, he likes to conduct... experiments."

"So, I'll make you a deal. I'll keep you alive as long as you're useful. Now, go drag your mate out from under the barracks and put his body over there. Move it!" Aedon points toward the shed with his bloody short sword.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

-----

Aedon watches him closely if the bandit complies.

If he does anything else, Aedon turns to Rufus and says, "Well, I tried. He's all yours."


Male Human Paladin 1; hp 11/11; AC 16, t12, ff14; Init +2; Perc -1; F+3, R+2, W+1(+2 vs fear)

"Hmmm.. Over already? I'm almost disappointed. I had a nice little folk-tune to sing." Salavator commented to no one in particular, letting others handle the bandits, tapping the handle of the axe he had recovered against his palm.

Still, if the weather got really bad, they'd need to get everyone inside before they started the questioning. Salvator would "keep a weather eye out", so to pun.


Male Human Inquisitor 1 -- hp 10/10, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +3, Perception +7, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14

Lyster stands aside, musing while watching everything that's going on, especially Aedon's speech.

I'm with a story telling troupe I swear. The gnome and his confetti and now we have an expert tale-spinner.

Lyster will help anyone who needs it in any way he can, including beating or extracting information from brigands.


Male Human (Kellid/Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 11/11 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +1 W: +0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]

Exhaling sharply at the bandits abrupt change of heart, Rufus sheaths his blade & retrieves his dagger, cleaning both. He glares bemusedly at Aedon & Salvator's quips but does not immediately respond to either. Assessing the living & the fallen, Rufus turns to Aedon. "Well wordsmith. As you've already started the task so admirably, why don't you see to the rest of their wounds? It wouldn't do for them to die before being given the opportunity to shrive themselves at least." Turning his attention back to the remaining conscious bandits. "You will divest yourselves of all remaining arms & armor. You will then plant your arses on the ground & out of the way of the stables, with your hands behind your backs. After you have done so & yon chatterbox there has finished looking to your wounded, you will allow him to bind ye. Not you", pointing at the bandit still slipping in the effects of Gizsmith's Grease spell. "Once you have divested yourself of all remaining weapons; you, I, and this gentleman here are going somewhere private where we can have a talk", indicating Lyster with a nod of his head.

We've survived?! We all yet live?! Milani be praised!! Now to see what we may learn from this lot.

"Goodwife Leveton, please see to your husband. I feel we have matters well in hand out here. Goodman Leveton, 'tis unfortunate, but I fear you may not take your vengeance for the blow, seeing as 'twas a lump of hail that did the deed, not one of these lumps of sorry flesh." With that comment, Rufus stares meaningfully at Kari, twitching his eyebrows in the direction of the Leveton's house.


Quite cowed by the rapid dispatch of their leader, the bandit addressed by Aedon quickly scuffles over to the barracks, and grabbing a leg, pulls the bandit out from under the barracks. He isn't too keen on watching what he is doing and the unconscious bandit's head bobs as it digs a small furrow in the hail and mud.

One of the other bandits turns and exclaims "Rejin, you weasel, i should run you through...", he stops with a glance at Rufus' weapons before clamping his mouth shut and glaring at Rejin.


Quite cowed by the rapid dispatch of their leader, the bandit addressed by Aedon quickly scuffles over to the barracks, and grabbing a leg, pulls the bandit out from under the barracks. He isn't too keen on watching what he is doing and the unconscious bandit's head bobs as it digs a small furrow in the hail and mud.

One of the other bandits turns and exclaims "Rejin, you weasel, i should run you through...", he stops with a glance at Rufus' weapons before clamping his mouth shut and glaring at Rejin.

The bandits that are conscious quickly shed their weapons and armor, such as they have, before quickly complying with Rufus demands. It is evident that they are quite uncomfortable sitting in the hail and mud.


Smiling with gratitude, Svetlana nods to Rufus, "yes, thank you, thank you!" As she wades through the hail littering the ground, she kicks one of the bandits in the leg. "Where's my ring?!"

Continuing on, she lays a gentle hand on Oleg, "lets get inside and let me wrap this up, honey bunny."


With something of a bewildered stare, Oleg keeps one hand on his head while he watches the bandits disarm and line up.

He smiles affectionately as his wife kicks one of the bandits.

Glowering down at her as she leads him into their home, his response muffled but audible, "not in front of people! You know I don't like it when you call me that!"


Bandits:

#4, still unconscious, no longer dying. Has on leather armor, dagger, composite longbow (+2 str) w/19 arrows, 2 days trail rations, silver amulet of a rampant stag, one bottle of an unknown substance, 35g.

The other bandits each have: leather armor, longbow with 20 arrows, short sword, 2 days of trail rations, 10g each.

#1 has a serious wound (down by 5), the one that yelled at Rejin.
#2 (Rejin) is unharmed.
#3 is near collapsing into unconscious (down by 9)
#5 unconscious, subdual damage only.

They had 6 horses.

Experience: 3600, divided by 6 = 600 each (I added some for the storm, none of you took any damage from the hail, @#$%@#!)

251 to 300 of 665 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Oathday, Calistril 30th, 4710 AR All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.