Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Brains of the Dark World (Inactive)

Game Master ulgulanoth

Mindflayers ruling the world and keeping it that way


351 to 400 of 781 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Acrobatics

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Like a boss!


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

Any chance we can pause here? I'm at work currently and need a book I have at home. Really want a chance to show off how badass I can be lol


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

I'm assuming that since all the rolls were higher than the first that Myron succeeded.

Myron peforms a tripple sommersault with a double back flip and a twist landing on is feet with his arms raised in a "Y" formation. Then he backsteps while bowing to the group and quickly side steps while motioning "after you" to the others with his arm. If he coudl be smirking he would.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Yes Myron passes through without a problem

Being a pbp, just post when you can


"Good show. Didn't have you for an acrobat Myron. Unfortunately, tumbling is not one of my skills either. So fire still stands as my plan A. Anyone got anything better?"


We don't have time for this. He sighs as he begins his routine.

Acrobatics1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37

Acrobatics1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37

Acrobatics1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32

Acrobatics1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23

Xallihion easily dives through the tangle of tentacled fungi, none of them able to get anywhere near him until the very end, where one almost gets within a foot of him.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Yup


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

Yzx strides forward into the tunnel and swings his massive warhammer at one of the fungi. Move action to get into melee range. 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22 Warhammer for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6.

Ugh, next round, when I can full attack, that will be much more impressive, lol

Also, current AC is 25

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

The fungus retaliates swinging its tentacles at Yzxcilplix
To hit
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
To wound
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
To hit
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
To wound
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
To hit
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
To wound
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
To hit
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
To wound
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
for each hit make a fort save


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Shaking his head at Yzxcilplix, Haruhito directs a series of force bolts at one of the fungi.

Admonishing Ray #1 (ranged touch): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18, for 4d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 6, 2) = 16 Non-lethal force damage.

Admonishing Ray #2 (ranged touch): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30, for 4d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 5, 3) = 13 Non-lethal force damage.

Admonishing Ray #2 (ranged touch - Crit Confirmation): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11, for 4d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 2, 5) = 12 Non-lethal force damage.

Admonishing Ray #3 (ranged touch): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22, for 4d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 5, 6) = 15 Non-lethal force damage.

Stop playing with them, and clear the corridor. We have more important things to deal with!


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Myron with arms crossed in a relaxed pose as he waits to seee how his companions handle the obstacle.


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

None of the fungi attacks hit me

The tentacles strike again and again at the psychic warrior but to no avail. Each attack fails to strike him, bouncing off his shimmering suit of armor. He then retailiates in kind, focusing his willpower and concentration into his attacks. 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25 for 1d8 + 7 + 4d6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + (5, 2, 4, 3) = 26 Attack 1 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29 for 1d8 + 7 + 4d6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + (6, 5, 4, 1) = 25 Attack 2 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 for 1d8 + 7 + 4d6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + (5, 3, 6, 6) = 32 Attack 3. Spending two Power Points to infuse my warhammer so my blows deal 2 extra damage, then expending my Psionic Focus to power Greater Psionic Weapon. If any blow kills one, I attack another if in range.

After unleashing the barrage of attacks, Yzx calms his mind, inhaling deeply to help center himself Move action to regain Psionic Focus

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Haruhito and Yzxcilplix manage to crush one of the fungi to bits, the rest of the fungi start moving towards them.

now I would like to point out that there are more than 50 such fungi, so staying back and fighting is not a good idea, also you could just take another tunnel and catch up with the rest of the group if you have no other ways of dealing with the fungi problem


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

Wow, these are some damn tough fungi. If my first two attacks hit, that's 51 dmg on my own. Is there any chance I could run past due to the "opening" I created? Also, can you move at all if you take a partiAx xbox azal or full defense action? I can't seem to find anything saying one way or another for sure. My best guess would be yes to partial, but your slower and no to full, but I have no idea.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

I'm not sure but i think you can move while in partial defense, not sure about full defense though, as to the running, you'd still need to take the acrobatic checks


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

Would I need to make Acro checks if I didn't care about getting hit? Even without taking the partial defense, they would need a nat 20 to hit me.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

No, you wouldn't, but you'd make me roll a lot of dice...


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

I have a Dex mod of +2, and no ranks in Acrobatics. Chances are your gonna need to make a lot of rolls anyways. Is there some compromise we can reach here?

Acrobatics:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 1st check. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 #2. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 3rd. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 last.


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

"I suggest we stand side by side and 'mind blast' a tunnel through them since they seem to have closed our gap to run through." suggests Vecthan


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

They are fungi. I doubt that they have any minds to blast...

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Yzxcilplix manages to get by mostly unharmed but does get too close to a fungus
to hit
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
to wound
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

to hit
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
to wound
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

to hit
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
to wound
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

to hit
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
to wound
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

for each hit roll a fort save


Time to disappear

Blep swiftly weaves a pair of incantations around himself and minion, they then makes their way to the other end of the tunnel.

First round: Vanish on Minion, second round vanish on Blep then just walk thru the tunnel


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

how tall are the fungi? and how tall is the cavern?


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

Once again, multiple tentacles attempt to strike Yzx, but none are able to land a blow. "The will of Asmodeus will not be denied!"

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

they are 5ft to 7ft tall, the cavern is about 20ft tall


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

Perfect
VecThan will levitate to the roof and crawl across it on his stomach to get to the others past the fungi


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Haruhito follows Vecthan's lead.


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Myron still watches. He claps calmly when they figure ou a solution.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

so everyone is across?


I believe so.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

On the other side of the mass of fungi, you can see a bunch of tunnels, one looks in good condition, two others seem to be destroyed and covered in fungi and moss, and the last one seem to be just a hole, its been rescently made.


Bleep cautiously closes with the hole, trying to determine if it was man made. There is a small chance that the human saboteurs used the hole to get down from the surface, which would make it an excellent short-cut to our destination.

"So, what do you think? Which way shall we take?"


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
Blepxeblopty wrote:

Bleep cautiously closes with the hole, trying to determine if it was man made. There is a small chance that the human saboteurs used the hole to get down from the surface, which would make it an excellent short-cut to our destination.

"So, what do you think? Which way shall we take?"

"Send a slave to check it out."


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

Yzx kneels down, checking the ground for tracks, and examining the tunnels for any sign of passage 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (4) + 24 = 28 Perception
1d20 + 30 ⇒ (7) + 30 = 37 Survival


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

Vecthan will also look for tracks (assist Y since I be hard pressed to top his number)
Tracking Assist:1d20 + 22 ⇒ (20) + 22 = 42
Surreeeee NOW i roll a 20 :)

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Yzxcilplix and Vec

Spoiler:
The dirt tunnel was made by a large creature, the claw marks are clearly visible, but old, probably a week old or older, you don't see any sighn of any other creature using the tunnel. Only the good condition tunnel seen any rescent use, a single humanoid having trecked there recently, they were wearing boots

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Moving the plot on, can we assume you go down one of the tunnels yes?
After walking down for about half an hour, you reach an enormous cavern, much larger than anything you’ve laid your eyes on so far. Half of this cavern is filled with water from the sea, the stench of salt permeating throughout the cavern. Before you lay a standoff between two armies, one comprising mainly of skeletons and other skeletal undead, around 50 of them, led by what you think may be a mindflayer, but given the distance it’s hard to tell. The other army is at least ten times the size, comprising of mainly shaguaren and skum, led by a pair of aboleths and a kraken. Obviously the aboleth army is in the water. They are moving ever closer to the skeletal army but the fighting has yet to begin, what do you guys want to do?


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Shall we intervene? I realise it is not technically within our purview, but I would hate to let the Aboleth win...


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

"Let us move a bit closer, staying unseen, until we know a bit more of what is happening. Besides, it might be a good idea to let them destroy each other and pick off the survivors."


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

"Yzxcilplix has the best idea i think."

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Right those who are sneaking foward, stealth checks + any other stealth options you wish to take, like invisibility...


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Stealth (no invidibility) 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23


Stealth1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23
I don't think it is, but is my mutagen still in effect? If so, I could still fly, and pull the others along as they levitate.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

how long does the mutagen last for?


Right now, it lasts an hour.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

then it is still in effect


Oh, cool.

::I can fly and tow anyone else who wants to come, if any of you are interested in that.::


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Stealth is not my strong suite. Perhaps it would be best if I lurked out of sight?


"Neither is it mine. On the topic of battles and winning however, are we sure a necromancer is better then even the aboleths?"

As he "speaks" he gets a slightly scented napkin and holds it over his mouth, as if he smelt something foul. With his other hand he signals minion to stay low, knowing that it's talents don't lay in stealth.

I really hate those corpse-dancers... Good thing they smell like last years slave feed or they might try and compete on my market... Heh

What's the social acceptance of necromancery for mindflayers anyway? I know they dislike liches and vampires for their avoidance of elderbrain-merge, but what about the mindless ones?


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

Vecthan will also try and sneak forward to see how it unfolds
stealth:1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30

351 to 400 of 781 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Brains of the Dark World All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.