Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Brains of the Dark World (Inactive)

Game Master ulgulanoth

Mindflayers ruling the world and keeping it that way


301 to 350 of 781 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna
ulgulanoth wrote:


Xallihion manages to eat the unstunned human, now Myron hasn’t been able to do the mind blast yet, so VecThan, do you want to use your attacks against the nauseated human near Myron or the stunned humans near Xallihion?

Nauseated one near Myron

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

the grease can make one slide of the edge


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
ulgulanoth wrote:
the grease can make one slide of the edge

Grease then, and laugh as he falls.


Stunned apparently isn't what I thought. It doesn't make them helpless, technically. Oh well.

Xahillion will, on his turn, move up to one of the remaining humans, and attack with a tentacle, intent on actually extracting this time.

Tentacle attack1d20 + 22 ⇒ (2) + 22 = 24
Tentacle Damage1d4 + 10 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + 10 + (2, 1, 5) = 20

Grapple attempt:1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27

Talk about low rolls. :( At least they aren't all ones, and my prey are denied Dex bonus while stunned as well, so that's nice.


Anyone still alive when my initiative count comes. Preferably someone important looking and relatively unharmed

As Blep invades the humans mind, he whispers telepathicly to his victim to sap his resolve and willpower. "They have tricked you - left you here all alone as a mere speedbump in our way. They have abandoned you - they are not making plans for the Suns return, they are making plans for their own escape ! Don't you see it ? If their magic could surpass ours and bring light to this world, would they not rule over us and not the other way around? You must see my friend ! They have sacrificed you like a pawn, hoping to buy time to save their own souls. But all is not lost ! Strike out against those who would discard you and make things right ! If not for your own sake, think how many more they would sacrifice in their vain endeavours ?"

One-way communication ftw :D

Bluff/Diplomacy roll 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (15) + 28 = 43

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

right, the grease made a mortal fall off the edge, Xallihion manages to grapple a mortal, Vec turns a human into a pin cushion and Blep makes the last mortal run way


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

"Someone want to catch that?" Myron says mirthfully.


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

By catch Vecthan assumes Myron means kill. and lets loose a round of arrows at him.

(using Rapid Shot)

Attack 1:1d20 + 15 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 15 + 1 - 2 = 33
Damage:1d8 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 5 = 12

Attack 21d20 + 15 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 1 - 2 = 15
Damage:1d8 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 5 = 12

Attack 3:1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 19
Damage:1d8 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 5 = 7


Grapple check to attach remaining tentacles:1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

The falling human gets pierced by Vec's arrows in the spine, he won't be getting up, Xallihion manages to wrap his tentacles around the man's head


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

"Well, That was invigorating! Myron says.

Myron goes up to the nearest human who is still breathing (though probably going to die soon regardless) and wraps his tentacles around not his head, but his neck. As he spreads them before the grasp whomever is closest can see a strange mouthpart emerge that looks like a leeche's. Myron then proceeds to drain the blood from his victim, effectively killing him.

when/if quiestioned Myron simply replies with a shrug "Sometimes I like brains and sometimes I like blood."

"Shall we proceed or does someone want to interrogate the (finger quote) the resistance(/finger quote)."

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

actually the only human left is the one Xallihion is going to eat, Vec killed the other, unless you want to chase the one thats running away


When Xal's turn comes around, Extract, of course.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Well you're out of combat now so you'd extract automatically


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
ulgulanoth wrote:
actually the only human left is the one Xallihion is going to eat, Vec killed the other, unless you want to chase the one thats running away

I thought one might be dying (in the negative, but not max con) but not quite dead. It's flavor text anyway, so just disregard if their are no appropriate victims


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Well then. Now that we have had a spot of brunch, shall we keep moving? I know it is laughable, but I would prefer not to give the one that got away time to 'warn' the main force, so that they are waiting for us with a slightly more credible defence...


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

Not positive, but I'm pretty sure Vec was shooting at the fleeing mortal, not the falling one. At least that's how I read it.


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

Yes I was...
No matter I suppose combat is over

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

oh well in that case you have two mortals dying and one about to be eaten then


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

After dislodging from his meal Myron says,

"Lets move on, shall we?"

He will then start to continue on our path.


After dislodging from his meal, Xallihion agrees, "Very well."

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

The Hobgoblin is kicking the troglodytes down bellow "What are you doing here?"


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

Yzx floats down to the troglodytes. He stands, impassively with his hammer on his shoulder. "Good question, why and what are you doing?"

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

one of the troglodytes answers "Well... these... mushrooms... are magical... they... give us... visions...."


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
ulgulanoth wrote:
one of the troglodytes answers "Well... these... mushrooms... are magical... they... give us... visions...."

Ya'll wanna get high? ~ In the voice of towlie. lol


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

"What sort of visions?"

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"The world changes... its all... so... meaningful..."


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
ulgulanoth wrote:
"The world changes... its all... so... meaningful..."

Myron rolls his eyes

"Facinating. Are we done playing with our food yet?"


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

"Find out where they are, if they are along the way we should stop and get some, as who know they maybe useful."
Tho I am doubtful they will be, but one can never tell


These mushrooms do sound interesting.

Nevertheless, we'd best get moving.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"Careful down there... there dangerous mold... on the walls"


Dangerous mold, you say? What does it do?

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"It hits people... and the flesh... burns off..."


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

Burns the flesh? I think I'd like to avoid that. I mean, I'm all for doing that to my enemies, but I do not wish to experience such myself. Shall we move on?


It seems that would be wisest.


Indeed. And lets see if we can keep our flesh attached shall we?

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

The tunnel ahead is full of man sized fungi of violet colour, the floor and the walls are covered in the roots of the fungi. Your hobgoblin guide walks foward to inspect one of the fungi, when he gets near, a tentacle lashes out from the fungus. It strikes the hobgoblin straight in the face, the flesh burning away from the chemical poison of the fungus, he stumbles back only to land near a clutch of other fungi who start whiping the hobgoblin, in a matter of seconds he is turned into a pile of mush and bones.


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Sigh. So much for him. He may have been a tool, but he was a vaguely useful tool, nonetheless... Does anyone have a plan for dealing with the fungal infestation?


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

Knowledge Dungeon to Identify the fungus:
1d20 + 9 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 6 = 33
Looking for weakness, resistances, special abilities


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

"Eh, easy come, easy go. At least we now have first hand knowledge of what they do." Yzx doesn't seem overly bothered one way or another.


"I'll be the first to admit that this is not my forte, but what about fire? Fire solves a surprising amount of different problems ..."

Blep shrugs and orders Minion to bring fourth some Alchemists Fire and something to serve as fuel. As Minion heads back and begins to collect the bodies he takes a quick mental scan at the mushrooms to see if there are any trace of intelligence.

Detect Thoughts sweeping over the area, and a quick focus on the two or three closest fungi.


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Dungeoneering to identify fungus 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Vec and Myron

Spoiler:
appart from what you've seen from these plants you know that: 1) they move, slowly (at only 10ft per round) and they tend to grow with another fungus that looks the same but has a different properties, it doesn't move or have the flesh rotting tentacles but will cause a very loud noise similar to a scream, which will be heard across these tunnels


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

"It's slow and grows with that other fungus there that looks the same. The other one screams when you get close, but doesn't rot your flesh. The tentacled one, however, does rot flesh."

Myron takes a few moments to try and discern one of the deadlier fungus'.

Percep 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21

If he finds one he takes aim and fires a bolt of eltrich energy at it.

Touch attack 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 184d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 1, 2) = 10

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Myron hits a fungus near the entrance of the cave, it looks damaged but still relatively intact


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

By all means, continue. I certainly have no intention of going closer to those things.


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

Did Blep find out if these things had any thoughts?

Yzx looks annoyed at the tunnel of fungal doom "At this rate, we'll make it to the surface a few weeks after the humans complete whatever plot they're engaged in. I say let me smash these vines and continue on our way."

We're not in combat right? So I can buff first then walk into the tunnel?


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

"I can't blast at them all day. Either we make a rush for it or someone needs to burn it."


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

If others start to go through Myron will attempt to also get through quickly and quietly avoiding attacks of opportunity.

Stealth 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35
Acrobatics 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

1) all the fungi are mindless, 2) this isn't combat so yes you can buff

Myron you manage to pass throw a few fungi fine, but to get across the whole tunnel you will need to make another 3 acrobatics checks

301 to 350 of 781 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Brains of the Dark World All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.