Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Brains of the Dark World (Inactive)

Game Master ulgulanoth

Mindflayers ruling the world and keeping it that way


251 to 300 of 781 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Myron holds up a hand to halt the group. From the shadows he points at the two tunnels above our position.

"Two men up there. They don't seem to have spotted us. "


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
Yzxcilplix wrote:
I don't see anything with my perception of 41??

I think it got lost in your blurb.


Xallihion points his hand below the current position.

There are some trogs down there as well. They don't seem malevolent yet; they're just eating fungus off the wall. We could easily get to them if we wanted to.

Is my Mutagen still in effect?


"Only two ? Surley not even humans are so stupid that they think they only need two to kill us? They are pack hunters, there are probably more about ...

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

sorry Yzx, didn't see you get the 41, you see

Spoiler:
you see in 2 of the tunnels some humans both above your position, they haven’t spotted you yet and are obviously the ones planning the ambush. You also see a third tunnel bellow you with a group of troglodytes, they seem to be eating fungus from the wall, you could get to them without the humans seeing you. you also notice that the humans are armed with explosives, looking around you see that the explosives they carry can easily collapse a tunnel or the walkways


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

"Just say when and I'll shoot at the humans."
About how far away are they?


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Would not that be a waste? Why not Dominate them?


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

Yzx informs his companions of what he's learned, including the information on the explosives.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

200ft away


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

"Does anyone feel they are the stealthiestl or shall I take point on this?"


I'm probably about as stealthy as you.

Same Modifier, +20


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

"Perhaps we could go ahead of the others and sew the seeds of Chaos among our enemies. Then our compatriats can come in and wreak havok. Sounds fun to me. Shall we?"


Very well. Is this agreeable with the rest of you?


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Presuming yes.

Myron waves his hand in a flourish from waist to forehead while muttering a short incantation he vanishes from sight. (invisiblity)

Myron carefully proceeds forward searching for traps and keeping his "sight" open (aka detect magic).

Stealth 1d20 + 40 ⇒ (7) + 40 = 47

Perception 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 39


"Agreeable. I could give you the benefit of half a minute invisibly, if you want to stack the odds even more in our favour?

Vanish gives 5 rounds of invisibly - should be enough to cover 200 feet...

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Myron

Spoiler:
you almost step on a wire trip, rigged to explosives on the catwalk, that would detroy it, there is another one further up the catwalk


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

to Xal and group;

"Watch the trip wires.(Describe where they are using landmarks)"

Using his innate levatate ability Myron floats to the ceiling and uses the wall/ceiling to move himself along to his prey. (it looks creepy, like a spider)Still stealthed and looking for traps on the ceiling and floor.

stealth 1d20 + 40 ⇒ (10) + 40 = 50

Percep1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Myron

Spoiler:
there just those 2 traps, where are you heading? to one of the humans in the tunnels or the troglodytes?


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

DM:

Up to the Humans

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Myron

Spoiler:
well they haven't seen you, so what are your actions?


Xahillion will accept the offer of invisibility.

Stealth1d20 + 40 ⇒ (18) + 40 = 58

Perception1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20

Xahillion will use his levitate as well, pushing himself along with ease.


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Myron skitters against the wall approching the humans. He's going to take a good look to guage how many and what their apparent plan was.

Not sure what rolls you want, but here is my best guess

Number of humans perception1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22

Trying to figure out their plan; Int check 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Well those rolls sucked. Can I take 10 on the int check as I look over the situation and am in no particular danger?

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Myron sure,
Xallihion, you get pass unnoticed, where you going?


I'll go up to the other group of humans, I suppose. That wouldn't happen to be within the 100ft Telepathy range of either Myron or the others, would it?


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
Xallihion wrote:
I'll go up to the other group of humans, I suppose. That wouldn't happen to be within the 100ft Telepathy range of either Myron or the others, would it?

I would think we would stay in telepathic communication. We're working together after all.


Yeah, but I'm not sure we can reach that far with our telepathy.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

its within 100ft of Myron but more than 100ft away from the rest of the group


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1
Myron wrote:

Myron skitters against the wall approching the humans. He's going to take a good look to guage how many and what their apparent plan was.

Not sure what rolls you want, but here is my best guess

Number of humans perception1d20+20

Trying to figure out their plan; Int check 1d20+10

Well those rolls sucked. Can I take 10 on the int check as I look over the situation and am in no particular danger?

Still waiting on the response to this so I can share the information with Xal.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

a right...there are 3 humans in one tunnel, and 4 in the other

Myron

Spoiler:
the tunnels are big enough to slide past the human, a good placed mind blast could deal with them quick enough, though its a little risky if they manage to be unaffected you'd be facing them and would be cut off.


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

telepathically to Xal;

"Three humans in this tunnell 4 in the other. "


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Would you consider "stinking cloud" to be a direct attack? If yes it breaks invisibility. If no it doesnt. It's a conjuration effect and Invisibility specificically mentions that summoning monsters doesnt break invisibility.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

no, stink cloud isn't a direct attack


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Myron skitters down the wall to get back within telepathic range of the group. Also relaying the same thing to Xal along the way.

"Three humans in the (describe location) and four in the other (describe location). I can send one tunnel screaming. When you hear the signal come mop up. Mind the trip wires though (reminds everyone where they are). Sound good?"


Very well. Then, you can maneuver yourself to get to the others, and you can either recruit some of our group, or I'll be over once I've finished here.

Xahillion makes his way to the requested location, waiting for Myron to set off his cloud.

Am I still under the effect of my mutagen? It lasts an hour, and I used it fighting the intellect devourer.


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

"Xallihion, can you mindblast or otherwise incapicate the smaller group? I'll do what I can for the tunnel with the four."
Assuming everyone is agreement Myron heads to a position in the tunnell with the 4 and gets in place behind them.

Stealth 1d20 + 40 ⇒ (17) + 40 = 57

Myron places to pieces of folded wrinkled paper from his pocket on the ground just outside the line of sight of the enemies. He then moves to the otherr side of the cavern wheere he can see the papers and the group against the far wall. Using mage hand he flicks the papers toward the group so they seem to drift in on small currents of wind.

Still invisible he waits for them to notice the papers. They unfold easily and in very simple common say "Hello world" of if slaves typically can't read it is a pictograph. They are explosive runes

The plan:
When the notice and read the explosive runes the reader takes 6d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 6, 2, 6, 3) = 25force damage (no save) and those within 10 feet get reflex save for half (DC 24).

Myron will be well out of the rune range and cast stinking cloud (DC 25) to herd them toward the edge near the cavern. After he casts he'll move into position for a mnd blast. Myron can and does stand within the stkining cloud without issue thanks to his amulet of adaptation.

The following round he will set himself up to deliver his mind blast. (DC 17; or be stunned for 1d3 ⇒ 2 rounds.

After that Myron will have to adapt his plans on the fly.

spell reference:

Explosive Runes
School: abjuration [force]
Level: sorcerer/wizard 3
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Components: V, S
Range: touch
Targets: one touched object weighing no more than 10 lbs.
Duration: permanent until discharged (D)
Saving Throw: see text
Spell Resistance: yes
You trace mystic runes upon a book, map, scroll, or similar object bearing written information. The explosive runes detonate when read, dealing 6d6 points of force damage. Anyone next to the explosive runes (close enough to read them) takes the full damage with no saving throw; any other creature within 10 feet of the explosive runes is entitled to a Reflex save for half damage. The object on which the explosive runes were written also takes full damage (no saving throw). You and any characters you specifically instruct can read the protected writing without triggering the explosive runes. Likewise, you can remove the explosive runes whenever desired. Another creature can remove them with a successful dispel magic or erase spell, but attempting to dispel or erase the explosive runes and failing to do so triggers the explosion. Magic traps such as explosive runes are hard to detect and disable. A character with the trapfinding class feature (only) can use Disable Device to thwart explosive runes. The DC to find magic traps using Perception and to disable them is 25 + spell level, or 28 for explosive runes.

Fog Cloud
School: conjuration (creation)
Level: druid 2, magus 2, sorcerer/wizard 2, witch 2
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Components: V, S
Range: medium (100 ft. + 10 ft. level)
Effect: fog spreads in 20-ft. radius
Duration: 10 min./level
Saving Throw: none
Spell Resistance: no
A bank of fog billows out from the point you designate. The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance).

Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can't use sight to locate the target).

A moderate wind (11+ mph) disperses the fog in 4 rounds; a strong wind (21+ mph) disperses the fog in 1 round.

The spell does not function underwater.

Stinking Cloud
School: conjuration (creation)
Level: magus 3, sorcerer/wizard 3, witch 3
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Components: V, S, M (a rotten egg or cabbage leaves)
Range: medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Effect: cloud spreads in 20-ft. radius, 20 ft. high
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates; see text
Spell Resistance: no
Stinking cloud creates a bank of fog like that created by fog cloud, except that the vapors are nauseating. Living creatures in the cloud become nauseated. This condition lasts as long as the creature is in the cloud and for 1d4+1 rounds after it leaves.

(Roll separately for each nauseated character.) Any creature that succeeds on its save but remains in the cloud must continue to save each round on your turn. This is a poison effect.

Stinking cloud can be made permanent with a permanency spell. A permanent stinking cloud dispersed by wind reforms in 10 minutes.


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

If the read both papers or if one explosive runes explosion sets off the other here is the second roll as needed. 6d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 1, 5, 4, 6) = 22


Very well.

Xahillion opens up with a mind blast (DC 15, Stunned for 3d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 3) = 9 rounds). He will then move forward, attacking first the ones that made their save, and next the ones that didn't.

Just reiterating my question concerning mutagen, so it doesn't get lost. Is it still affecting me from the Intellect devourer fight?

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

yes you are still under the effect of the mutagen


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

Using his innate abilities, Yzx floats over the tripwires and up towards the humans. He hangs back however, ready to assist should his allies require it.


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Haruhito will maintain a discrete distance, waiting to provide assistance / healing as and when needed...

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

right the events play out as follows:
Myron's group set off the explosive runes, the resulting explosion kills the readers (so thats 2 down) and hurts baddly the other 2, which then get hit by a stink cloud and seem to be affected
Xahillion's group gets hit by a mindblast at the same time, stunning 2 of the 3
can we have a roll for initiative?


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Are either of the stunned men near the edge of the cave outcropping?


Initiative1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Xahillion will move to engage the unstunned human, biting towards him.

Bite attack:1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26
Bite Damage:1d8 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24

If he still hasn't seen me, apply 3d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 4) = 12 sneak attack damage.


Male Mindflayer Psychic Warrior 3/Phrenic Slayer 3

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Initiative

The psychic warrior continues to wait to see if his aid is needed.


M Mind Flayer 6 Inquisitor of Vecna

looks like your plans worked fairly well
Init:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Vecthan will go for the non stunned one from the mind blast
(using Rapid Shot)

Attack 1:1d20 + 15 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 15 + 1 - 2 = 19
Damage:1d8 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 5 = 12

Attack 2:1d20 + 15 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 1 - 2 = 15
Damage:1d8 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 5 = 14

Attack 3:1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 15
Damage:1d8 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 5 = 7


Blep and Minion walks carefully after Yzxcilplix, avoiding the tripwires mentioned and keeping an eye out for more treachery. If the opportunity presents itself, Blep will attempt to charm the mind of one of the lesser creatures.

Perception 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26

Charm Monster DC:22 Range 60ft.

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

If the humans are near the edge I cast Grease (DC23). when they fall over I'll push them over the edge.


? Aberration Illithid 8 / Oracle (Lore) 6

Haruhito will cautiously move forward, keeping a careful eye out for any other 'surprises'...

Perception: 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (12) + 33 = 45.

Dark Archive Star Voter 2013

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

one of the stunned men is near the edge, Xahillion due to the mind blast they’ve seen you
Initiative order
VecThan
Xallihion
Myron
Humans
Yzxcilplix
Blepxeblopty
Xallihion manages to eat the unstunned human, now Myron hasn’t been able to do the mind blast yet, so VecThan, do you want to use your attacks against the nauseated human near Myron or the stunned humans near Xallihion? Blepxeblopty who do you which mortal of the 5 remaining you want to charm? Myron you can either cast grease or use your mind blast this round which do you want to do?


Hemaphrodite? Illithid Wiz5\Bloat mage 1

Grease if I think it'll cause one to slide off the edge otherwise mind blast them both.

251 to 300 of 781 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Brains of the Dark World All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.